PDA

View Full Version : Gute’s life as GM

RashanGary
01-28-2021, 04:20 PM
You build back to back NFCC contenders and you’re not only a clueless monkey, but the reason you’re failing is because you’re a bad person out to prove how great you are.

Holy hell, imagine being the GM of a losing team. What utter piece of shit human beings they must be to suck so bad at life.

GB-Brandon
01-28-2021, 06:14 PM
He didn’t take over a losing operation though. Yes, they had the bad season with McCarthy and things were getting stale etc but Thompson left the Command Center fully stocked with $ & picks. He had “12 picks” and basically had years of cap savings that he went and spent in one offseason!! Not one penny really spent to help AR12 other then basically a wasted signing on Jimmie Graham! No, Gutekunst had everybody chanting “Championship Defense.” That was the big theme!

Not saying I don’t like some of signings but many called the vacant position “The Best Job In The NFL” with all that and Aaron Rodgers locked in as your QB. Many thought he was going to be the one to restock the offense and he immediately didn’t! He promised “To Be In On Every Deal” but those were just fancy words for running around and low balling everyone with numbers that were never going to be accepted!!! He still does and I don’t know why. I haven’t seen it work one time. It just creates mindless chatter!!

This all leads too the place where “I Opted Out” and IMO the damage became somewhat irreparable with not only picking a QB in the first round but trading up to do it! It showed all we needed to know! It showed who this guy was and his true colors and what his real motivation was and what his shortcoming were and how he was in no position to control them. He created a “Double Edged Sword” that cuts both ways that not only hurt the team in the present with Jordan Love not even suiting up and the Packers not being able to use that capital on their Super Bowl Run but now we’re left with this situation and drama, distraction and what to do with parties constantly posturing themselves!! It was one of the worst if not the worst draft picks of All-Time considering The State Of All Things at that time!! I don’t care if Aaron Rodgers is smug or narcissistic or cocky or difficult to deal with and you don’t like him Brian!!! His teammates Love Him and he is the BEST Damn QB to ever PLAY THIS GAME YOU FOOL!!!

It’s drawn division in the fan base and constant dribble in the Media. It’s just a Fucken Disaster!! We should be celebrating a “World Championship” right now and instead we’re dealing with the wounds of all this bullshit and “What’s Next?” and “Where Do We Go From Here?”

Thank You But “No Thank You” Brian Gutekunst!!!! All you had to Fucken do was the obvious thing!!!!!!! And instead you let your Ego get in the way of “Greatness”!!!!

bobblehead
02-01-2021, 01:02 PM
I blocked the only reply to this thread but let me guess. He sucks because he failed to surround ARod with the talent to score a TD on every single drive ever.

Gutes is back near my good graces. Still not too happy with drafting Love, but if it was what it took to get ARod invested in the Flower offense it was worth it. I also think he got carried away spending in that first off season, but 2 NFCC appearances now that the fat fuck is no longer our coach can't be argued with.

I'm not 100% sold on Gutes, but I am coming around. Lets see how he handles the cap mess he created.

texaspackerbacker
02-01-2021, 01:35 PM
Brandon basically got it right - before Gutekunst took over, the Packers were never not NFCC contenders unless you go back to the pre-Favre era.

I also am not 100% sold on the guy. After a couple of very good drafts, he completely fucked up the last one. He has seemed to do a good job snagging quality FAs, although not so much this year. He got LaFleur, and the team went 13-3 X 2 on his watch. What will determine it for me is retaining Aaron Rodgers long term or not, as the Packers go right in the toilet no matter what else happens if we lose Rodgers anytime before 6 or 8 years from now. Secondarily, I will have a diminished opinion of him if he fails to retain Aaron Jones.

If he does what I advocate - beat the cap problem this year with back loaded contracts and restructuring rather than sacrifice, I will be greatly for him.

Does anybody in here know German? Gut, I know, means good. Does kunst mean ...... the primary word that comes to mind when you see it?

hoosier
02-02-2021, 01:43 PM
Kunst means art, you imbecile.

I don't have the patience to try and figure out what GBB is trying to say, and RG's OP is too cryptic for me to decipher. The decision to draft Love can only be judged when Love finally gets to show whether or not he can play. If he can, it was a good decision regardless: remember the old Wolf (that's Wölfin to you, Tex) saying, that the worst time to be looking for a QB is when you need one. When the opportunity presents itself, you jump at it. And since, like most of us, I am just a casual observer, all I can judge Gute by is his record. I'd be willing to admit that we need a full five years before we can really assess him.

GB-Brandon
02-02-2021, 02:06 PM
That’s fine and people can jump down all these “Fairy Tale Rabbit Holes” to find some security in the pick.

The Bottom Line is Gute and the Packer Front Office are “Back Peddling.” Things went off-script and Rodgers outplayed anything they envisioned. Our own front office bet against Aaron Rodgers and Giving him everything they could to win a Super Bowl and now they sound like a bunch of Babbling Idiots as they try to maneuver through it.

Something big right in front of us is coming down the pipe whether people want to come to grips with it or not. It’s not gonna take no “5 Years” to sort this thing out!!!

Brian Gutekunst entered this arena when he made this pick and all the things that come with it and potential possibilities!! That’s why it was talked about for months after the pick and now it is being blasted all over the media all over again. It’s all coming to a head rather quickly in regards to extending Rodgers on a “New Contract” which connects to the “Salary Cap” and direction of the team and why have 1st round QB that you traded up for sitting around holding a clip board! It’s all right there NOW!!

GB-Brandon
02-02-2021, 02:15 PM
So we’re supposed to sit around and field a competitive team that can’t get it done and wait for Rodgers to suffer a career ending Injury and then look like geniuses inserting Jordan Love?

Like thats somehow gonna be the “Winning Formula”?

We mine as well just trade Rodgers now and burn the whole the thing to the ground!!!

GB-Brandon
02-02-2021, 02:20 PM
Maybe Rodgers is the Problem!!!! Trade Rodgers and I’m sure everything will work out just fine all the sudden. Yeah, getting rid of Rodgers has to be the way to get over the hump! LOL!!

All of our problems and deficiencies will magically go away if we just get rid of Rodgers!!

Gute knows best. Go Trust Gute!!!

Upnorth
02-02-2021, 02:45 PM
Maybe Rodgers is the Problem!!!! Trade Rodgers and I’m sure everything will work out just fine all the sudden. Yeah, getting rid of Rodgers has to be the way to get over the hump! LOL!!

All of our problems and deficiencies will magically go away if we just get rid of Rodgers!!

Gute knows best. Go Trust Gute!!!

No one in 2020 from Sept on has ever said move on from rodgers. The stuff you post in the draft thread is great. This is an ostrich shoving its head in a pile if shit and thinking it makes sense. Move on from saying gute wants rodgers gone.

GB-Brandon
02-02-2021, 03:33 PM
I follow people’s “Actions.”

I don’t care what Gute “Say’s”

RashanGary
02-02-2021, 05:49 PM
I'd laugh if Rodgers went down for 6 games next year, Love wins 4 out of the 6 Rodgers is out and then Rodgers wins the super bowl. It would definitely be sweet for gutes look on that move.

Then Love gets traded for two 1s!

GB-Brandon
02-02-2021, 05:56 PM
I'd laugh if Rodgers went down for 6 games next year, Love wins 4 out of the 6 Rodgers is out and then Rodgers wins the super bowl. It would definitely be sweet for gutes look on that move.

Then Love gets traded for two 1s!

First he has to beat out Tim Boyle. “JUNK”

#FantasyLand

Anti-Polar Bear
02-03-2021, 03:25 AM
Ole Brandon needs to change his username to “Anti-German Shepherd,” and he oughtta start posting “Brian is Trapped in the Closet” lyrics.

Stayed tuned for the final chapter of Ted is Trapped in the Closet. In the meantime, out of respect for the recently departed Ted Thompson, I’d like to change my username to....(see Musings of a Polar Bear thread in FYI).

GB-Brandon
02-03-2021, 02:01 PM
Why should I be excited about Gute or any of it? He has lived off Ted Thompson’s talent on offense and has us 36 million over the Cap!! He hasn’t moved the needle one bit doing anything anyone envisioned putting Greatness Around our Great QB on Offense!

Total Disaster!

MadtownPacker
02-03-2021, 02:08 PM

Gute knows best. Go Trust Gute!!!New QB didn’t work out so bad for Bucs...

run pMc
02-03-2021, 09:17 PM
Brandon basically got it right - before Gutekunst took over, the Packers were never not NFCC contenders unless you go back to the pre-Favre era.

The 2017 and 2018 seasons would like a word.

Actually, since MLF and Gute teamed up they've been in TWO consecutive NFCCG, so you could say they're doing something right. If you're implying the team is worse because of Gute, the record doesn't support that.
I will say having a QB play at or near MVP level will make any team look like a contender though.

GB-Brandon
02-03-2021, 10:12 PM
Brian Gutekunst Deserves to Roll with his “Big Pick” that he sacrificed everything for and show us what a Fucken Genius he is!! The LOSING will be epic. The Hate and Fire Gute threads are gonna be “Record Breaking”! I don’t know if a lot of the fan base is even prepared!! This dude has destroyed EVERYTHING!!!

LOL!!!!

GB-Brandon
02-03-2021, 10:15 PM
You’ll be able to get tickets @ Lambeau for like 50 bucks!!!

GB-Brandon
02-03-2021, 10:18 PM
Beating the Bears will be like our Super Bowl!!! It’s coming!!! Thanks Gute!!!!

Upnorth
02-04-2021, 05:51 AM
The 2017 and 2018 seasons would like a word.

Actually, since MLF and Gute teamed up they've been in TWO consecutive NFCCG, so you could say they're doing something right. If you're implying the team is worse because of Gute, the record doesn't support that.
I will say having a QB play at or near MVP level will make any team look like a contender though.

2019 rodgers was no where near MVP. Team still went 13-3 on the strenght of our d, with a lot of it due to gutes fa pickups.

GB Brandon I took you off ignore for a bit when it looked like you calmed down and weren't spam posting. Plus you had solid draft info and were promoting discussion. You are backsliding into insanity here bro.

Tony Oday
02-04-2021, 11:51 AM
Brandon is a Troll, I blocked him and dont even like his moronic rants that are quoted.

GB-Brandon
02-04-2021, 11:53 AM
2019 rodgers was no where near MVP. Team still went 13-3 on the strenght of our d, with a lot of it due to gutes fa pickups.

GB Brandon I took you off ignore for a bit when it looked like you calmed down and weren't spam posting. Plus you had solid draft info and were promoting discussion. You are backsliding into insanity here bro.

Once again I hate to beat it to death but the only “Insanity” that we are really witnessing here is how the Packers front office is going about how they tackle trying to win a World Championship!

By Definition of course. Some people would like to try and see something different. If it doesn’t work we can easily go back to ten years of drafting corners and safeties and defense in the 1st round and strapping the cap there as well!!!

Wasting a 1st & a 4th on a Backup QB didn’t count as an “Offensive Draft”

Upnorth
02-04-2021, 12:41 PM
If rodgers had.played in 2020 the way he played in 2019 I don't think we could really bitch about the 1st and 4th for a qb pick. It would have shown the end was coming and i would rather have the next 10 years of quality football over a wr propping up an aging reducing qb. If rodgers didn't improve last year me needed to try to draftvthe next big thing.
If rodgers did improve moderately well it would make sense to complain about not drafting a wr because look what could have been.
We had the #1 passing o. We had the highest completion%. We had one of thegreat passing years. We had a great season. Quit acting like chicken little. The sky is not falling. Even if we mortgage the future to win it all in 2021 I seriously doubt we go better than 12-4. Do you know why? 13-3 is an amazing accomplish ment.

He'll even if we go 12-4 it is a big success in 2021 and if we can do that I think we should all be grateful we have gute.

RashanGary
02-04-2021, 12:53 PM
I hope Rodgers gets injured. Love wins games. Rodgers comes back and wins super bowl. And then investing in the QB position looks A ok.

GB-Brandon
02-04-2021, 01:02 PM
I hope Rodgers gets injured. Love wins games. Rodgers comes back and wins super bowl. And then investing in the QB position looks A ok.

This is Just “Disgraceful”!!! How could you ever hope for that to happen or injury too Rodgers? Makes me sick to my stomach. I simply made a snide remark about MVS pulling up on a hamstring on a game day thread and the whole board wanted to Massacre Me!!! Such a double standard!!!

I don’t think you guys Fucken get it!!!! The only reason Rodgers is going to come back is because he LOVES Green Bay and the FANS SO MUCH that he wants to try and get us a Lombardi!! If that wasn’t the case he would already be talking his way out of here!! I know this!!

I’m starting to think he really just needs to leave us!!

GB-Brandon
02-04-2021, 01:03 PM
This place deserves what it’s gonna get!!! That’s for sure!!

GB-Brandon
02-04-2021, 01:14 PM
If rodgers had.played in 2020 the way he played in 2019 I don't think we could really bitch about the 1st and 4th for a qb pick. It would have shown the end was coming and i would rather have the next 10 years of quality football over a wr propping up an aging reducing qb. If rodgers didn't improve last year me needed to try to draftvthe next big thing.
If rodgers did improve moderately well it would make sense to complain about not drafting a wr because look what could have been.
We had the #1 passing o. We had the highest completion%. We had one of thegreat passing years. We had a great season. Quit acting like chicken little. The sky is not falling. Even if we mortgage the future to win it all in 2021 I seriously doubt we go better than 12-4. Do you know why? 13-3 is an amazing accomplish ment.

He'll even if we go 12-4 it is a big success in 2021 and if we can do that I think we should all be grateful we have gute.

I’m not gonna go round & round with this anymore. We can all have different opinions. My opinion is they bet against Aaron Rodgers and Lost the Bet BIG TiME. CATASTROPHIC LOSS! I would of never made that bet!! Rodgers stats and play was still top end in 2019 and was year 1 in a new offfense with “Mediocre Receivers” other then Adams.

There was no reason to hit the “Panic Button”!!! Gute doesn’t like Rodgers and had been waiting in the weeds to make the move he did and his big Ego and being able to stamp his name on this team led to this whole damn thing! There ya have it!!

Now it’s full on “Backpedaling”!!!

GB-Brandon
02-04-2021, 01:20 PM
Go build a CULTURE other then “Aaron Rodgers Plays Like Superman” and we beat teams!! That’s the problem! He needs help!! Go Get it!!!

Not a Back up QB! This Shit Is Pretty Simple!! Geez!!

bobblehead
02-04-2021, 01:29 PM

the loss in the NFCC where we didn't run in the 4th quarter has sent him off the deep end. I was there for an hour, but being a well adjusted human being not taking any psychotropic drugs I got over it. He is on ignore, but I'll cut him a little slack for his psychotic break.

bobblehead
02-04-2021, 01:32 PM

I hope a team like the Dolphins is so desperate for a good year or 2 that they trade us 2 firsts (I think they have 3 overall) that we then parlay into 5 good players on rookie deals.

RashanGary
02-04-2021, 01:32 PM
I hope Rodgers gets injured.

Upnorth
02-04-2021, 02:47 PM

Rg you are fn hilarious man. Push push push

RashanGary
02-04-2021, 03:01 PM
Rg you are fn hilarious man. Push push push

I see so many people get so much across in loaded one liners. If they can do it, so can I.

Bretsky
02-04-2021, 06:30 PM

Just trade Love

love is overrated in the Real World anyways

Caramel will always be there though :)

RashanGary
02-04-2021, 06:42 PM
Just trade Love

love is overrated in the Real World anyways

Caramel will always be there though :)

Look how much attention I get from stupid one liners. I feel like I’m licking Carmel off a strippers butt cheeks!

Upnorth
02-04-2021, 09:17 PM
Look how much attention I get from stupid one liners. I feel like I’m licking Carmel off a strippers butt cheeks!

Just don't lick a camels butt (full disclosure I misread caramel at first)

RashanGary
02-04-2021, 10:15 PM
Just don't lick a camels butt (full disclosure I misread caramel at first)

That “a” I left out didn’t help! I hope we draft someone worth getting pumped about. I have a feeling this offseason about to get looooong!

Jaire
02-05-2021, 01:15 AM
I missed the last draft and didn't realize that San Fran jumped Gute for Aiyuk. He also tried moving down from the first: no takers. So. They just grabbed Love who was BPA and last in that tier. He tried moving up in the secind for a WR also. The draft just did not fall their way but they made the best of it and were much more aggressive than TT ever was.

Again. I like the way Gute does the draft and fills in with FA better than TT. His early picks are much better than Ted's. The only real dud was Burks imo (Jackson was I guy I had high and many).

This for me is Gute's most critical draft. They have to make up ground for last year's dud (not that I don't like any of the players they picked: at least it looks like they can all really play: it just wasn't what you hope for). Hopefully it falls a little better for him.

Upnorth
02-05-2021, 08:24 AM
I missed the last draft and didn't realize that San Fran jumped Gute for Aiyuk. He also tried moving down from the first: no takers. So. They just grabbed Love who was BPA and last in that tier. He tried moving up in the secind for a WR also. The draft just did not fall their way but they made the best of it and were much more aggressive than TT ever was.

Again. I like the way Gute does the draft and fills in with FA better than TT. His early picks are much better than Ted's. The only real dud was Burks imo (Jackson was I guy I had high and many).

This for me is Gute's most critical draft. They have to make up ground for last year's dud (not that I don't like any of the players they picked: at least it looks like they can all really play: it just wasn't what you hope for). Hopefully it falls a little better for him.

Good accurate summation.

bobblehead
02-05-2021, 09:29 AM

First point to address is his nice aggressive approach in FA. That approach makes Jones all but unsignable (I'm glad for that actually). But its also going to mean we end up cutting Preston and losing Lindsey. We're also going to cut his 2 signings from last year in Wagner and Kirksey. So in the end his approach got us Z who isn't stout against the run and 2 overpaid but good players in Amos and Turner.

The second point is last years draft. I think we have no clue on last year. Love we will know about when he hits the field and...oh, that goes for the 2nd and 3rd rounders too. I like Dillon. I want to pair him with Harris for a little thunder and thunder. Deguera...well, we will see. If Martin can stay on the field he has talent. I've like Garvin the little we have seen of him and the OL guys stepped up a little bit. It takes big guys a year.

texaspackerbacker
02-05-2021, 12:19 PM
Who the hell is Harris you're talking about? A thunder and thunder running attack is a recipe for mediocrity - a major step downward even with Aaron Rodgers still there, and a quick trip to the bottom of the league if Love ever takes over at QB.

As somebody said above, we need to trade Love and get whatever little bit we can for him. I'd like to see the guy tried at WR or kick returner or some wildcat work if he does stay with the team next season.

RashanGary
02-05-2021, 12:53 PM
Who the hell is Harris you're talking about? A thunder and thunder running attack is a recipe for mediocrity - a major step downward even with Aaron Rodgers still there, and a quick trip to the bottom of the league if Love ever takes over at QB.

As somebody said above, we need to trade Love and get whatever little bit we can for him. I'd like to see the guy tried at WR or kick returner or some wildcat work if he does stay with the team next season.

Gute is trying to keep Jones. The covid cap could keep the contract down. Dillon would be a great 2nd back. I think id rather see Jones on 3rd down with his big play ability, receiving ability and solid pass blocking. Then Dillon would split early down carries. I just think 3rd down, a passing down, you want a guy 12 has chemistry with to keep that playbook open.

1st option Jones
Backup option Williams

Last resort, just go with Dillon and a bunch of rookies.

texaspackerbacker
02-06-2021, 02:00 PM
Absadamnlutely, RG. You really nailed that post. Jones and Dillon is a winning combination. Dillon and Williams is not.