PDA

View Full Version : Adam Schefter and the RUMOR MILL---Interesting notes on AROD--Anybody else hearing anything ?

Bretsky
01-31-2021, 04:55 PM
An interesting tidbit in regards to GB and the how the current structure can have holes in it.

Everybody reports to MM who is in charge.

Schefter reported sources he has indicate Matty Ice is wanting to make a longer term commitment to Aaron Rodgers than the Gootertrain does.

Where there is fuel, is there fire ???

Bretsky
01-31-2021, 04:55 PM
hes the best insider in the NFL; also came out and noted...don't rule out Watson to the Bears

I think Watson should go to the RAIDERS.....fun fit :)

George Cumby
01-31-2021, 05:21 PM
An interesting tidbit in regards to GB and the how the current structure can have holes in it.

Everybody reports to MM who is in charge.

Schefter reported sources he has indicate Matty Ice is wanting to make a longer term commitment to Aaron Rodgers than the Gootertrain does.

Where there is fuel, is there fire ???

This makes no fucking sense.

What are you saying?

Joemailman
01-31-2021, 05:34 PM
https://thespun.com/nfl/nfc-north/green-bay-packers/aaron-rodgers-future-green-bay-packers-speculation-adam-schefter-jordan-love

On Thursday, Adam Schefter threw some intrigue back into the whole situation during Get Up. First, he says the ball is in Rodgers’ court. If the QB wants back, he’ll be a Packer. However, he doesn’t believe that everyone in the Packers front office necessarily wants Rodgers to be the choice for the long term future of the franchise.

“If he wants to go back to Green Bay, no issues. But if he doesn’t, then he can create an issue. That’s up to Aaron Rodgers. The ball is with him. And I think maybe that’ll be influenced by what he hears.”

“Now I think people think ‘Well everybody in Green Bay wants him back.’ Well, yeah I think the coaching staff wants him back as long as he wants to be there. I’m not as convinced that everybody feels the same way about Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay as the coaches. And we’ll see how those conversations play out this week.”

This probably isn’t as surprising as it sounds. The team did just trade up in the first round to take Jordan Love less than a year ago. Clearly they love his potential.

Still, Aaron Rodgers just had a resurgent MVP season, outplayed Tom Brady in the NFC Championship Game, and seems fully settled into Matt LaFleur’s offense after a rocky 2019. Love, meanwhile, didn’t dress for most games, failing to beat out Tim Boyle to be the Green Bay Packers’ QB2. His time may still be coming, but it feels silly for anyone in the team’s front office to want to move on from Rodgers, a franchise legend, prematurely.

I think the Packers drafted Love because following the 2019 season, there was some legitimate reason to question whether Rodgers was willing to buy into the MLF offense. Obviously in 2020 Rodgers did buy in, and I suspect MLF is now convinced Rodgers should be the guy going forward for the foreseeable future. I suppose it's possible there are people in the front office who don't see it exactly the same way.

HarveyWallbangers
01-31-2021, 05:39 PM
Much ado about nothing. Maybe if this was written after 2019, but it makes no logical sense this off-season. Click bait article. Rodgers will be back with the Packers in 2021.

Joemailman
01-31-2021, 07:26 PM
Jordan Heck
@JordanHeckFF
· 1h
The Rams "made a run" at Aaron Rodgers, but the Packers were "adamant" they weren't trading him, per @LATimesfarmer

https://twitter.com/i/status/1356029100129980416

hoosier
01-31-2021, 07:34 PM
Now if the Bungles had made a run at 12, putting their draft money where their mouth is, that I might have considered. If Love is the QB they think he is, he could be starting out with three consecutive top-10 draft picks to work with.

call_me_ishmael
01-31-2021, 08:12 PM
It will be very interesting to see how his contract is handled this off-season. If it’s not redone, I think it says a lot as they can help themselves a lot in the present by extending Rodgers.

Joemailman
01-31-2021, 09:15 PM
A scenario:

Jordan Love lights it up in preseason games. Rodgers gets hurt and is out for 4 games. Jordan Love comes in and plays well enough for the Packers to win 3 of them. Rodgers comes back and Packers make playoffs but fall short of the Super Bowl. With Rodgers' current contract, Packers can save 22M on salary cap and pick up at least 2 1st round picks by trading Rodgers. It's not that hard to see them making that deal.

It's easy to imagine that Rodgers wants a renegotiated contract that would make it difficult for Packers to move him before his contract runs out after the 2023 season. And yes, it could be done in a way that would help the Packers salary cap situation in 2021.

call_me_ishmael
01-31-2021, 10:45 PM
Yep exactly. I for sure think ARod wants more security and say in the matter. I guess unless you think Love is the next coming, I wouldn't role the dice and break up the good will. Even if he's Kirk Cousins or something (aka a perennial 5th/6th seed guy), I wouldn't pull the trigger and would just sell Love to the highest bidder.

texaspackerbacker
01-31-2021, 11:08 PM
hes the best insider in the NFL; also came out and noted...don't rule out Watson to the Bears

I think Watson should go to the RAIDERS.....fun fit :)

Watson to Dallas, and Dak and draft picks to Houston. You heard it here first hahahahaha.

This is a FAR more likely scenario that what you said several posts above, Joe.

QBME
01-31-2021, 11:30 PM
A scenario:

Jordan Love lights it up in preseason games. Rodgers gets hurt and is out for 4 games. Jordan Love comes in and plays well enough for the Packers to win 3 of them. Rodgers comes back and Packers make playoffs but fall short of the Super Bowl. With Rodgers' current contract, Packers can save 22M on salary cap and pick up at least 2 1st round picks by trading Rodgers. It's not that hard to see them making that deal.

It's easy to imagine that Rodgers wants a renegotiated contract that would make it difficult for Packers to move him before his contract runs out after the 2023 season. And yes, it could be done in a way that would help the Packers salary cap situation in 2021.

Interesting scenario, but a couple of holes...as of now there won't be a preseason. And even if there is it will be limited to some inter-team scrimmages, and 3 scrimmages at best because both the owners and players union are having a back and forth over a 17 game regular season.

I am (as most) really interested in if we have a real possibility with Love. There has been absolutely zero stuff coming out about him and his progress which makes me worry.

Teamcheez1
02-01-2021, 08:42 AM
Interesting scenario, but a couple of holes...as of now there won't be a preseason. And even if there is it will be limited to some inter-team scrimmages, and 3 scrimmages at best because both the owners and players union are having a back and forth over a 17 game regular season.

I am (as most) really interested in if we have a real possibility with Love. There has been absolutely zero stuff coming out about him and his progress which makes me worry.

Why wouldn’t there be a preseason? Players have no say in that.

Joemailman
02-01-2021, 09:39 AM
Gute said there is no truth to the story that Rams made a run at Aaron Rodgers.

George Cumby
02-01-2021, 09:58 AM
^ Not a surprise he'd deny it.

GB-Brandon
02-01-2021, 10:02 AM
What did you expect Gute to say? He basically just talks out of both sides of his mouth “Over & Over”!!!

“Rodgers will be here for several runs” !! “Love is making great progress”!! “We do things differently and sit rookie QB’s for four years”!!!! Blah, Blah, Blah!!!

Can’t wait for Rodgers to “Check Mate” this Idiot!!!

GB-Brandon
02-01-2021, 10:15 AM
Packers are determined to let things run there current course with the cards being in their favor oooozing every drop they can out of Rodgers and “Staying Competitive” while developing Love with no long term commitment to Rodgers.

Rodgers wanting more long term security and commitment towards putting better tools/weapons around him during his remaining stay in Green Bay!

This is the battlefield and where something must and will ultimately give!! Has nothing to do with “Rumors.”

Joemailman
02-01-2021, 10:15 AM
^ Not a surprise he'd deny it.

I see no reason to think he's lying. If it were true he could have said "We were contacted and made it quite clear we have no intention of trading Aaron Rodgers." That would have reinforced what they've been saying, which is that they expect Rodgers to their QB for a long time.

bobblehead
02-01-2021, 11:16 AM
Watson to Dallas, and Dak and draft picks to Houston. You heard it here first hahahahaha.

This is a FAR more likely scenario that what you said several posts above, Joe.

Dak isn't a cowboy. He is a free agent.

Zool
02-01-2021, 12:08 PM

Isn't that official on March 1st? Don't they still have 4 weeks to franchise him or sign him?

GB-Brandon
02-01-2021, 03:31 PM
Yes, they can still franchise Dak. I think it would be upwards of 50 million though.

smuggler
02-01-2021, 10:21 PM

There's zero probability he's going to the open market. They either strike a deal, tag him and strike a deal, tag him and trade him, tag him and he plays under the tag, or tag him and he doesn't play.

RashanGary
02-01-2021, 10:39 PM
The packers value the QB position, starting and developing the backups because they want to win games when the starter is down and have chances to win the super bowl every year.

King Friday
02-02-2021, 01:07 PM
If Rodgers wants to win, then take LESS money like Brady did for years so the team can build around him. Brady basically had the same cap hit in NE from 2008 until 2017. He got his big deal...and then didn't keep going back for tons more. If Rodgers wants a bigger deal now, he's a moron.

GB-Brandon
02-02-2021, 01:45 PM
If Rodgers wants to win, then take LESS money like Brady did for years so the team can build around him. Brady basically had the same cap hit in NE from 2008 until 2017. He got his big deal...and then didn't keep going back for tons more. If Rodgers wants a bigger deal now, he's a moron.

Rodgers “Wants A Deal” that gives him more security with the team past 2021 and frees up $ to surround him with better weapons. That’s what Rodgers wants and has been reported through leaked sources. This has also been the talk where I’m at!!!

GB-Brandon
02-02-2021, 01:46 PM
The “Elephant In The Room” is this stupid Fucken Jordan Love Pick and Gute’s Fragile Ego!!

texaspackerbacker
02-02-2021, 02:50 PM
When you're on your Rodgers rants, you make a lot of sense, Brandon, as opposed to your WR rants where I'm 100% against you.

Yes, the idea of Rodgers pushing for a contract extension is about security and more importantly, about strengthening the team in this bad cap year. Extending Rodgers is the best route to keeping Jones and Linsley and maybe even Williams.

Regarding Dak, I agree, nearly zero chance he becomes a free agent, assuming the doctors say he's not damaged goods. Jerry Jones ain't stupid. I think he ultimately gets the big long term contract with Dallas. Second most likely would be the Dak for Dashan deal.

King Friday
02-02-2021, 03:21 PM
Rodgers is a baby if he NEEDS security because of Jordan Love. Jordan Love is nobody at this point. I can fully understand and agree with Rodgers being upset that the team wasted a high pick on someone who isn't going to contribute to the team in the rest of the Rodgers era. However, to think Green Bay is anywhere close to wanting to push Aaron out the door is lunacy. Love is a project. Green Bay did not take him to be the starter anytime soon...barring a freak injury to Rodgers.

I completely disagree with Gute on the Love pick. It was a stupid pick because regardless of talent, you have to pick players at this point in the early rounds who can contribute to getting you over the top. Love wasn't in that category. However, I'm also plenty smart enough to know this wasn't a result of some grand scheme to jettison Rodgers in Green Bay. Rodgers needs to take some of his own RELAX medicine.

GB-Brandon
02-02-2021, 03:24 PM
Rodgers is a baby if he NEEDS security because of Jordan Love. Jordan Love is nobody at this point. I can fully understand and agree with Rodgers being upset that the team wasted a high pick on someone who isn't going to contribute to the team in the rest of the Rodgers era. However, to think Green Bay is anywhere close to wanting to push Aaron out the door is lunacy. Love is a project. Green Bay did not take him to be the starter anytime soon...barring a freak injury to Rodgers.

I completely disagree with Gute on the Love pick. It was a stupid pick because regardless of talent, you have to pick players at this point in the early rounds who can contribute to getting you over the top. Love wasn't in that category. However, I'm also plenty smart enough to know this wasn't a result of some grand scheme to jettison Rodgers in Green Bay. Rodgers needs to take some of his own RELAX medicine.

Yeah, but the re-structure would also benefit the Packers who are in a “Salary Cap Mess” right now so it’s not just about Rodgers being a baby if that’s what one thinks or not. The team needs that $ to spend this year to remain a contender.

To not do the re-structure would signal the end is near with Rodgers in Green Bay. It’s that simple!!

Some say Rodgers also wants certain upgrades on offense.

GB-Brandon
02-02-2021, 03:29 PM
I really don’t know how much more clearly I can explain this.

GB-Brandon
02-02-2021, 03:50 PM
What a ClusterFuck!!

https://es.pn/3oDTwX2

GB-Brandon
02-02-2021, 03:59 PM
When you're on your Rodgers rants, you make a lot of sense, Brandon, as opposed to your WR rants where I'm 100% against you.

Yes, the idea of Rodgers pushing for a contract extension is about security and more importantly, about strengthening the team in this bad cap year. Extending Rodgers is the best route to keeping Jones and Linsley and maybe even Williams.

Regarding Dak, I agree, nearly zero chance he becomes a free agent, assuming the doctors say he's not damaged goods. Jerry Jones ain't stupid. I think he ultimately gets the big long term contract with Dallas. Second most likely would be the Dak for Dashan deal.

When you can clearly give me a “Better Vision” on how the Packers can compete and beat teams like Tampa and the Chiefs I will completely shut up about receivers!! Nobody has been able to say anything really other then “Draft A Corner In The First Round.”

Sorry to burst everyone’s bubble but we’re farther away then “That Move.”

GB-Brandon
02-02-2021, 04:02 PM
And my “Thoughts, Visions and Conclusions” aren’t just to beat those teams but to put our foot on their neck and throttle them!!!!!!

No Mercy!!!!

texaspackerbacker
02-02-2021, 05:51 PM
When you can clearly give me a “Better Vision” on how the Packers can compete and beat teams like Tampa and the Chiefs I will completely shut up about receivers!! Nobody has been able to say anything really other then “Draft A Corner In The First Round.”

Sorry to burst everyone’s bubble but we’re farther away then “That Move.”

hahahahaha Unlike a lot of people in here, I really don't care if you shut up or not. Other than “Draft A Corner In The First Round”? That's exactly what we need to do, and secondarily ILB and OLB. Those as well as O Line and D Line are a lot higher priorities that drafting a WR early.

We have a better team than Tampa now, despite the loss(s), and they are older and more headed for a fall than the Packers.

GB-Brandon
02-02-2021, 05:59 PM
hahahahaha Unlike a lot of people in here, I really don't care if you shut up or not. Other than “Draft A Corner In The First Round”? That's exactly what we need to do, and secondarily ILB and OLB. Those as well as O Line and D Line are a lot higher priorities that drafting a WR early.

We have a better team than Tampa now, despite the loss(s), and they are older and more headed for a fall than the Packers.

The thing is Tex is Mr. Rodgers wants the RECEIVER!!!!

QBME
02-02-2021, 10:32 PM
Why wouldn’t there be a preseason? Players have no say in that.

Apologies for the tardy response.

As of now there won't be a preseason for the same reason there wasn't a preseason this season - something called Covid...maybe you've heard of it. It's been in all the papers.

This season there were virtually no full contact practices; just some running around and flailing about, and certainly no preseason games. It was reported in all the papers.

So now the vaccine roll out is beginning but alas and alac, NFL players are low men on the Totem Pole (actually high on the Totem Pole - research it, pretty interesting).

With an over abundance of caution the NFL will again drastically limit the preseason in-person contact percentage and thus eliminate the traditional preseason games.

The only caveat I have is that the science is starting to build the data base that shows the Covid is incredibly inefficient in transmicity in open air conditions versus indoor, confined environments. So maybe they can pull off some outdoor preseason games.

Anti-Polar Bear
02-02-2021, 11:59 PM
In my dream last night, the Packers acquired:

Rams 2021 2nd round pick
Rams 2021 3rd round pick
Rams 2022 2nd round pick
Rams 2023 2nd round pick

Rams acquired:

Aaron Rodgers
Jordy Nelson

texaspackerbacker
02-03-2021, 12:43 PM
The thing is Tex is Mr. Rodgers wants the RECEIVER!!!!

He apparently did before the last draft, but that was before the emergence of Lazard and MVS not to mention Tonyan at TE. I haven't heard him say anything about preferring a WR in the upcoming draft.

hoosier
02-03-2021, 12:49 PM
In my dream last night, the Packers acquired:

Rams 2021 2nd round pick
Rams 2021 3rd round pick
Rams 2022 2nd round pick
Rams 2023 2nd round pick

Rams acquired:

Aaron Rodgers
Jordy Nelson

Yuck

MadtownPacker
02-03-2021, 01:03 PM
Trade his punkass. I’m sick of the choker. Greatest ever don’t let the a rival QB throw 3 2nd half picks and do nothing with the gifts.

Tanks dream would be a wet one.

MadtownPacker
02-03-2021, 01:05 PM

I completely disagree with Gute on the Love pick. It was a stupid pick because regardless of talent, you have to pick players at this point in the early rounds who can contribute to getting you over the top. Love wasn't in that category. However, I'm also plenty smart enough to know this wasn't a result of some grand scheme to jettison Rodgers in Green Bay. Rodgers needs to take some of his own RELAX medicine.Spot on! It’s the Green Bay Packers not Aaron’s Team.

MadtownPacker
02-03-2021, 01:06 PM

Sorry to burst everyone’s bubble but we’re farther away then “That Move.”Better OL so your hero doesn’t crumble so quickly against their fierce pass rush?

falco
02-03-2021, 01:14 PM
I really don’t know how much more clearly I can explain this.

lol

GB-Brandon
02-03-2021, 01:28 PM
Better OL so your hero doesn’t crumble so quickly against their fierce pass rush?

He was 33/48 for 348 yards 3TD’s 1 Pick and 101.3 Passer Rating?

Hardly a horrible day. The Packers clearly had receivers getting 1 on 1 coverage late in the game due to Adams getting doubled and they couldn’t beat the press coverage. Some people are blaming the reffs for holding but that’s the way the reffs were calling it. Good receivers to advance to the Super Bowl have to beat that. The Packers had their chances. The Bucc’s were without both starting safeties as well. There were a couple plays where the Tampa pressure got to Rodgers as well but there were plays where he had time and dudes couldn’t “Get Open.” Rodgers tried to force the ball. It didn’t work!

On the goal line stand yeah he probably should of tried to run that one in and that’s on Rodgers but he still probably doesn’t make it in. Everyone was seeing it from a certain angle that was a bit misleading. Then LaFluer shriveled up and kicked a FG.

All the way around there is blame but I don’t think the “Narrative” in this one is “Rodgers Choked.” I think its pretty clear by the decision not to retain Pettine that “He Choked” and we didn’t have enough around Rodgers in the end to complete the deal and overcome the mistakes.

What they do next and how they address all this we’ll see.

GB-Brandon
02-03-2021, 01:33 PM
Nobody can deny the fact that of all the four teams playing on “Championship Weekend” that the Packers had the weakest supporting cast around their QB as far receivers and receiver depth and Tampa was even playing without AB84.

This is just an ongoing theme that goes on and on and on and on and on!!

GB-Brandon
02-03-2021, 01:41 PM
I’m not the Broken Record Player People!! The Packers Inability to address their weaknesses and match Greatness with Greatness Over & Over & Over & Over is!!

They are the one’s that won’t take the record off the record player!! It has nothing really to do with me!!!!

I’m just a fan “Singing the Tune” that they keep playing!!!!!

My God!!!

MadtownPacker
02-03-2021, 01:59 PM
He was 33/48 for 348 yards 3TD’s 1 Pick and 101.3 Passer Rating?

Hardly a horrible day. The Packers clearly had receivers getting 1 on 1 coverage late in the game due to Adams getting doubled and they couldn’t beat the press coverage. Some people are blaming the reffs for holding but that’s the way the reffs were calling it. Good receivers to advance to the Super Bowl have to beat that. The Packers had their chances. The Bucc’s were without both starting safeties as well. There were a couple plays where the Tampa pressure got to Rodgers as well but there were plays where he had time and dudes couldn’t “Get Open.” Rodgers tried to force the ball. It didn’t work!

On the goal line stand yeah he probably should of tried to run that one in and that’s on Rodgers but he still probably doesn’t make it in. Everyone was seeing it from a certain angle that was a bit misleading. Then LaFluer shriveled up and kicked a FG.

All the way around there is blame but I don’t think the “Narrative” in this one is “Rodgers Choked.” I think its pretty clear by the decision not to retain Pettine that “He Choked” and we didn’t have enough around Rodgers in the end to complete the deal and overcome the mistakes.

What they do next and how they address all this we’ll see.Let me “address” this is a way you will “understand”. Stafford has always had “big stats” with losses. Are stats your metric for who is the “greatest” ever? Cuz 1-4 in NFCC game means the “team” was good enough to get there. Choky McChoky here just had his “best” game of those 5 times. Sadly when his number was called well he bitched out as “Rodgers” himself admitted (not running). As an observer for almost 3 “decades” many times in these big game it comes down to “moments” not “offseason” moves. Dbags like Brady have likely been able to capitalize on those moments when the “time” comes their whole lives. Rodgers has a “history” going back to college of not being able to be “David” to a “Goliath”.

“Some guys have all the luck” Brady
“Some guys have all the pain” Rodgers
“Some guys get all the breaks” Brady
“Some guys do nothing but complain” you

MadtownPacker
02-03-2021, 02:03 PM
I’m not the Broken Record Player People!! The Packers Inability to address their weaknesses and match Greatness with Greatness Over & Over & Over & Over is!!

They are the one’s that won’t take the record off the record player!! It has nothing really to do with me!!!!

I’m just a fan “Singing the Tune” that they keep playing!!!!!

My God!!!Hell yes you are and you are being a real dosh to these guys. Not breaking any rules though so I have no reason to zap you. They are. Being awfully nice to you though. Maybe trying to get invited to your house so they can beat your ass. :lol:

Tony Oday
02-03-2021, 02:08 PM
If AR hit his throws in the NFCCG we win, he didn't.

Zool
02-03-2021, 02:42 PM

I should have known you were a big fan of Rod.

Spaulding
02-03-2021, 03:25 PM
Spot on! It’s the Green Bay Packers not Aaron’s Team.

Amen. Rodgers is paid handsomely to play a game (which he obviously does at the highest level) but he's obviously part of a larger TEAM.

If a poster is putting ONE player above the team then they are not a Packers fan and should acknowledge that and accept that the majority on this forum see things differently.

How some believe Gute has an ego is a farce. People thought the same of Ted Thompson and everyone who discussed/talked about him within the NFL was indicated he was the opposite and about as humble as can be.

Provide proof on Gute's ego via some credible link other than a baseless opinion or get off your Qanon forums.

Upnorth
02-03-2021, 03:59 PM
Let me “address” this is a way you will “understand”. Stafford has always had “big stats” with losses. Are stats your metric for who is the “greatest” ever? Cuz 1-4 in NFCC game means the “team” was good enough to get there. Choky McChoky here just had his “best” game of those 5 times. Sadly when his number was called well he bitched out as “Rodgers” himself admitted (not running). As an observer for almost 3 “decades” many times in these big game it comes down to “moments” not “offseason” moves. Dbags like Brady have likely been able to capitalize on those moments when the “time” comes their whole lives. Rodgers has a “history” going back to college of not being able to be “David” to a “Goliath”.

Not to take away from your awesome points...

But

That is the whitest thing I have ever read.

Dude...
My white canadian ass in the middle of winter is less white than this post.

MadtownPacker
02-03-2021, 04:09 PM
I should have known you were a big fan of Rod.I just need a white blazer and awesome hair.

Upnorth
02-03-2021, 04:44 PM
I just need a white blazer and awesome hair.

And apparently a tan.

Zool
02-03-2021, 05:41 PM
And apparently a tan.

Heyooo

GB-Brandon
02-03-2021, 06:32 PM
Hell yes you are and you are being a real dosh to these guys. Not breaking any rules though so I have no reason to zap you. They are. Being awfully nice to you though. Maybe trying to get invited to your house so they can beat your ass. :lol:

I Love how you conveniently bring that up and No I won’t be taking anymore “Ass Beatings” For the Green Bay Packers. Of course there was the one in 2015 in Seattle at Pioneer Square where myself and some Packer fans got beat down by a mob of “12’s” after we basically let the Seahawks Piss down our throats and we managed to stick our dicks up our own ass once again!! This event which ended up with me being sent to a psych ward in Boise, Idaho for 30 days!! Yeah, Real Fun Times!!!!

Then of course there was the “Ass Beating” in Atlanta in 2017 where we shit the bed once again and one of my best friends and I got stomped down by group of “Dirty Birds” requiring my friend to get several stitches on his head. And no bro it’s wasn’t fucken Luck! Julio Jones completely dominated anyone we threw in front of him. He took our guys man hood and shit it right down their throat. Had nothing to with luck!!!

I could go on and on! I’m done taking anymore Fucking Beatings for these Fucken Frauds!!! It’s gonna be hard enough to even endure the offseason and all the Bullsihit “Corner in 1st Round”, “Fairy Tales & Pixie Dust”, “Mermaids & Dragons”. Bullshit!!

I’ve mentally adjusted with this organization and they forced me to do it with the systemic dysfunction in the organization!!!

George Cumby
02-03-2021, 06:45 PM
I should have known you were a big fan of Rod.

Savage.

GB-Brandon
02-03-2021, 06:46 PM
People want to get mad at me for calling it out. I DON’T GIVE A FUCK!! I’ve Been Balls Deep in this shit. More then you know.

George Cumby
02-03-2021, 06:50 PM

But

Dude...
My white canadian ass in the middle of winter is less white than this post.

Savage part deux.

GB-Brandon
02-03-2021, 06:51 PM
I’ve been 10 Racks Deep. I’m tattooed ink deep!! I am sick and Fucken tired of this Shit!!!

It’s Not Luck!!

It has nothing to do with Tom Fucken Brady!!

It’s not Rigged and reffs didn’t fuck us!!!!

Rodgers didn’t Fucken Choke!!!!!

GUTE IS A FUCKEN JACKASS!!!!!!!!!!!

GB-Brandon
02-03-2021, 06:57 PM
https://youtu.be/_mPd_SDAryQ

George Cumby
02-03-2021, 07:01 PM
A couple points:

Gute was correct to draft a QB high, if you will recall, Rodgers performance in 2017, 2018 and '19 wasn't anything like 2020. Indeed, he looked to be a QB in decline. Whether or not Love was the right choice remains to be seen.

Talk of trading Love is foolish. We don't what we have AND we don't know how long Rodgers body will hold up.

I don't know if I'd call Rodgers a 'choker', but 1-4* in NFCCG's doesn't paint a great picture. At this point he needs another Owl or he risks being labeled the GOAT regular season quarterback.

In order to achieve that, I'd like to see Rodgers restructure his contract to give Gute some flexibility and bring in more high-quality hired guns, Yul Brynner, Steve McQueen quality. But that's probably wishful thinking, maybe Tex can have a conversation with him.

* 2014 is on M3, not Rodgers.

Upnorth
02-03-2021, 07:04 PM
People want to get mad at me for calling it out. I DON’T GIVE A FUCK!! I’ve Been Balls Deep in this shit. More then you know.

Thats what he said

GB-Brandon
02-03-2021, 08:18 PM
What has this whole thing really shaped up to really be in the final sum of results? The Buffalo Bills failure to win 4 Super Bowls probably isn’t fair. Nor is the Broncos string of 3 losses in Super Bowls.

Basically all we are is “The Marty Schottenheimer Cleveland Browns Choke Show”. That’s us to a tee!!!!!!! A more refined version!!

The Players got there $. The Oligarchy got there expansion of TitleTown approved and underway and did just enough to put out a competitive team. Bars & Restaurants are built and up. Ice skating rink and tube slides. Condos going up!! They can point to “26-6.” The fans willingly paid top dollar and bought in and got “Mentally Tortured” in the end due to the front office not doing enough!!!

That’s all this Wild hoopla has amounted too!!!i it’s getting close for the time for me to pass the torch. It’s a top notch organization and they do everything square but the premise is built more on being competitive and trying to get LUCKY as Mad would say. The Packers are actually the ones “Trying To Get Lucky.” They obviously want to win a Super Bowl but they will not go out of their way or waver to accomplish that goal. They are going to follow a certain protocol no matter what and the results speak for themselves!!!

30 years of HOF QB Play and 2 Lombardi’s. That’s just a Joke!!

GB-Brandon
02-03-2021, 08:40 PM
In the 2015 range I started to figure things out. Some things I don’t need to go over. I kept going because Aaron Rodgers was so good and I Truly believed he was “The Greatest Equalizer.” I firmly believed he could overcome just about ANYTHING for us!!! Then the injuries and the roster started showing serious holes and doubts started. Some of Gute’s moves didn’t help. After this season and him playing the way he did and MVP etc etc I don’t believe anymore that he can overcome it all by himself anymore. I don’t believe he can “Superman” our way to a World Championship!! He needs help!! He needs a legit no.2. He needs a “drink stirring slot” that can stress the middle of the field and break Press. When I say this I’m not saying guys like Lazard and MVS don’t have a place on this team but in their current roles they won’t punch our ticket to Glory!!

This offense was successful because of LaFluers system and the ability to run the ball with good OlL protection and a HOF QB playing at an ELITE level and scheming guys open. Then you have Adams so against certain teams almost “ANY NFL BODY RECEIVER” would of been successful!! The problem is when we matched up against the cream of the crop they couldn’t!! The Scheme Shut down. The Playbook all the sudden shrunk. LaFluer lost confidence. Rodgers did too! We saw it right in front of our eyes when “All The Chips Were Down”!!!

Your telling me Rodgers wouldn’t throw too or missed a Wide open guy on those three drives? There is no such film that proves this!! All anyone can come up with is our receivers got held. Thats not good enough!!

Bretsky
02-03-2021, 08:58 PM
What a ClusterFuck!!

https://es.pn/3oDTwX2

Broken record time; stupid use of a 1st and 4th round pick

Bretsky
02-03-2021, 08:59 PM
Nobody can deny the fact that of all the four teams playing on “Championship Weekend” that the Packers had the weakest supporting cast around their QB as far receivers and receiver depth and Tampa was even playing without AB84.

TAKE AARON RODGERS AWAY

TAKE TOM BRADY AWAY

Talent comparison ?

GB-Brandon
02-03-2021, 09:01 PM
A JAG IS A JAG IS A JAG IS A JAG IS A JAG!!

That’s probably a good place to start!!

Bretsky
02-03-2021, 09:02 PM
A couple points:

Gute was correct to draft a QB high, if you will recall, Rodgers performance in 2017, 2018 and '19 wasn't anything like 2020. Indeed, he looked to be a QB in decline. Whether or not Love was the right choice remains to be seen.

I don't buy into this for a second
MOST college QB's are being coached n NFL ready offenses and need less time to adapt in the NFL

It was too early, and to give up a 1st and a 4th for a developmental guy when you still have one of the best in the game who wants to play 3-5 more years.

Baffling

run pMc
02-03-2021, 09:05 PM
Wait - are people saying the Packers lost because of their receivers? I thought it was because of Kevin King. Or Aaron Jones. Or Will Redmond. Or Billy Turnstilener.

And any talk of Rodgers going anywhere is ridiculous. The Rams asked about him in trade and got a dial tone in response. Even MURPHY knows how dumb that would be.

GB-Brandon
02-03-2021, 09:05 PM
The “JAG STORY” is So “WARM & FUZZY” & “FEELS SOOOOO GOOD” until you end up in a Psych Ward in Boise or on an Airplane leaving Atlanta with a Busted up LiP!!!

“He is Such a Great Guy Though So It Was All Worth It!!!” LOL!!!

Bretsky
02-03-2021, 09:07 PM
Wait - are people saying the Packers lost because of their receivers? I thought it was because of Kevin King. Or Aaron Jones. Or Will Redmond. Or Billy Turnstilener.

And any talk of Rodgers going anywhere is ridiculous. The Rams asked about him in trade and got a dial tone in response. Even MURPHY knows how dumb that would be.

Packers loss can't be pinned on any one thing; there are a variety of things that could have occurred to help GB win.

run pMc
02-03-2021, 09:12 PM
I don't have a huge problem with them taking a QB in R1. I just didn't want them to pick Jordan Love, I thought he was a bit of a risky prospect. I also hated them giving up a R4 to move up, because it basically led to them taking an H-Back a round or two early and having to sit and watch while all the remaining WRs who might have given them some contribution in year 1 left the board.

Alas.

Arguing about it now is kind of stupid. It's a done deal. It's like arguing about Bostick or Jerel Worthy or a million other things, like how Rob Francois got called for a phantom offsides call on a 4th down punt that extended a scoring drive a decade ago.

Screw it, let's go straight to Godwin's law and throw out wild comments about how Hitler shoulda been smothered in his crib or whatever. Sheesh.

HarveyWallbangers
02-03-2021, 09:16 PM
[QUOTE=run pMc;1085183]Wait - are people saying the Packers lost because of their receivers? I thought it was because of Kevin King. Or Aaron Jones. Or Will Redmond. Or Billy Turnstilener.

You mention Turner--when the guy who really shit the bed was Wisconsin boy Wagner. Wagner was actually pretty decent most of the year. Turner was solid most of the year.

GB-Brandon
02-03-2021, 09:17 PM
I don't have a huge problem with them taking a QB in R1. I just didn't want them to pick Jordan Love, I thought he was a bit of a risky prospect. I also hated them giving up a R4 to move up, because it basically led to them taking an H-Back a round or two early and having to sit and watch while all the remaining WRs who might have given them some contribution in year 1 left the board.

Alas.

Arguing about it now is kind of stupid. It's a done deal. It's like arguing about Bostick or Jerel Worthy or a million other things, like how Rob Francois got called for a phantom offsides call on a 4th down punt that extended a scoring drive a decade ago.

Screw it, let's go straight to Godwin's law and throw out wild comments about how Hitler shoulda been smothered in his crib or whatever. Sheesh.

I was just responding to some stuff and it led to processing the last 6 years of this thing. It’s not pretty!!!

GB-Brandon
02-03-2021, 09:20 PM
You really have to start questioning what’s going on? Don’t ya? What they are doing obviously isn’t getting over the hump? Don’t we have to kind of evaluate the failure to see what the hell is going on? Why can’t fans question the mighty Oligarchy? We pay for the whole damn thing!!!

GB-Brandon
02-03-2021, 09:32 PM
TAKE AARON RODGERS AWAY

TAKE TOM BRADY AWAY

Talent comparison ?

We know the answer to this.

GB-Brandon
02-03-2021, 09:33 PM
And we’re 36 million over the cap getting ready to Jones!!

#Failure

GB-Brandon
02-03-2021, 09:37 PM
We need Rodgers to bail our ass’s out so bad or it’s gonna be more “Feel Good Story Jags” and “Mental Torture” all over again!!

MadtownPacker
02-03-2021, 11:34 PM

But

Dude...
My white canadian ass in the middle of winter is less white than this post.Was it the McChoky part or the song?

MadtownPacker
02-03-2021, 11:42 PM
I Love how you conveniently bring that up and No I won’t be taking anymore “Ass Beatings” For the Green Bay Packers. Of course there was the one in 2015 in Seattle at Pioneer Square where myself and some Packer fans got beat down by a mob of “12’s” after we basically let the Seahawks Piss down our throats and we managed to stick our dicks up our own ass once again!! This event which ended up with me being sent to a psych ward in Boise, Idaho for 30 days!! Yeah, Real Fun Times!!!!

Then of course there was the “Ass Beating” in Atlanta in 2017 where we shit the bed once again and one of my best friends and I got stomped down by group of “Dirty Birds” requiring my friend to get several stitches on his head. And no bro it’s wasn’t fucken Luck! Julio Jones completely dominated anyone we threw in front of him. He took our guys man hood and shit it right down their throat. Had nothing to with luck!!!

I could go on and on! I’m done taking anymore Fucking Beatings for these Fucken Frauds!!! It’s gonna be hard enough to even endure the offseason and all the Bullsihit “Corner in 1st Round”, “Fairy Tales & Pixie Dust”, “Mermaids & Dragons”. Bullshit!!

I’ve mentally adjusted with this organization and they forced me to do it with the systemic dysfunction in the organization!!!To all other posters.

This guy is fucked up bad. We need to get him help or euthanasia because it is painful to see. I don’t understand how a human can withstand so much punishment for so little reward. Every back to back to back post is really a cry for help. The PackerRats family needs to hold Brandon closer not push him away.

MadtownPacker
02-03-2021, 11:47 PM
The “JAG STORY” is So “WARM & FUZZY” & “FEELS SOOOOO GOOD” until you end up in a Psych Ward in Boise or on an Airplane leaving Atlanta with a Busted up LiP!!!

“He is Such a Great Guy Though So It Was All Worth It!!!” LOL!!!What a minute? A busted lip???? Hahahaha!! You are softer than a pillow dude. That ain’t shit. I thought you had got hurt bad. Never mind the fundraiser. You have lost all cred and have no excuse for being so bent.

Time to calm do sir. No one cares how much the organization hurts you in the ass balls deep.

Bretsky
02-03-2021, 11:53 PM
[QUOTE=run pMc;1085183]Wait - are people saying the Packers lost because of their receivers? I thought it was because of Kevin King. Or Aaron Jones. Or Will Redmond. Or Billy Turnstilener.

You mention Turner--when the guy who really shit the bed was Wisconsin boy Wagner. Wagner was actually pretty decent most of the year. Turner was solid most of the year.

For the record, and I'm the biggest Badger Homer in here

But I wasn't excited about losing BB and picking up Wagner. We can let him walk next year

texaspackerbacker
02-04-2021, 12:24 AM
Speaking of rumors or whatever, my wife told me she saw that Aaron Rodgers has a new gf - some celeb I never heard of but she knows of named Shailene Woodley.

th87
02-04-2021, 02:55 AM

It's not just WR. The Packers let their weaknesses fester and are too slow to react. From memory:

2011 - Worst yards defense in NFL history, with no real in-season pickups to mitigate the Collins loss.

2012 - Still no help at S or OLB. MD Jennings is the starter, and Kaepernick sets a record that Lamar Jackson won't touch. Capers inexplicably retained.

2013 - Safety weakness allows Kaepernick to outclass us for the third time.

2014 - Defense finally remembered who they were and melted down. Still a good season. This one's more on McCarthy for not capitalizing on golden opportunities. The game that will define his legacy.

2015 - Stale boring offense. MM probably should've been fired here. You don't ever recover from the failure that was 2014.

2016 - Ladarius Gunter was on Julio Jones. No effort to improve this situation. TT's inaction on full display.

2017 - Injury year. Who knows.

2018 - Stale MM finally out. Good for rebuilding.

2019 - Pettine inexplicably retained after Mostert record setter. Weak on WR talent.

2020 - Pettine still around, still weak on WR talent.

I don't know why they let those weak links linger. It's not like you suddenly end up as the Redskins of old in cap hell by picking up a few mediocre vets to replace the awful UDFAs playing. Doing just this simple thing would've resulted in more shots at a super bowl.

And the one we even have could've never occurred. Imagine if DeSean Jackson doesn't return that punt.

Anti-Polar Bear
02-04-2021, 03:49 AM
It's not just WR. The Packers let their weaknesses fester and are too slow to react. From memory:

2011 - Worst yards defense in NFL history, with no real in-season pickups to mitigate the Collins loss.

2012 - Still no help at S or OLB. MD Jennings is the starter, and Kaepernick sets a record that Lamar Jackson won't touch. Capers inexplicably retained.

2014 - Defense finally remembered who they were and melted down. Still a good season. This one's more on McCarthy for not capitalizing on golden opportunities. The game that will define his legacy.

2015 - Stale boring offense. MM probably should've been fired here. You don't ever recover from the failure that was 2014.

2016 - Ladarius Gunter was on Julio Jones. No effort to improve this situation. TT's inaction on full display.

2019 - Pettine inexplicably retained after Mostert record setter. Weak on WR talent.

I don't know why they let those weak links linger. It's not like you suddenly end up as the Redskins of old in cap hell by picking up a few mediocre vets to replace the awful UDFAs playing. Doing just this simple thing would've resulted in more shots at a super bowl.

And the one we even have could've never occurred. Imagine if DeSean Jackson doesn't return that punt.

Affirmative.

I’ve said the Packers should FedEx a SB45 ring to D-Jax.

Zool
02-04-2021, 08:07 AM
The PackerRats family needs to hold Brandon closer not push him away.

I tried holding him closer, but I just wanted to choke him. Or is that what you mean?

run pMc
02-04-2021, 08:41 AM

The Comic Sans font was sarcasm. Agree there were numerous plays where the execution wasn't what it needed to be.

Upnorth
02-04-2021, 09:07 AM

Goodish summation if a little cherry picked to prove your point.

Only one team wins sb.
Only 2 play in it.
Only 4 compete to play in it.
4/32 is 1/8th or 12.5%. In 8 yrs we have don't that 4 times. There is a slightly 0.48 % chance of making the championship game 4 times over 8 years (if my math is right) from random probability. That gap between random and happening is skill of players coaches and gms.
Do I wish we had 4 sb appearances? Yes. Am I glad for what the team has accomplished? Yes.

hoosier
02-04-2021, 10:01 AM

If DeSean Jackson hadn't returned that punt, Packers would have gone to NJ and kicked the Giants's asses on WC weekend instead of Philly.

th87
02-04-2021, 10:35 AM
Goodish summation if a little cherry picked to prove your point.

Only one team wins sb.
Only 2 play in it.
Only 4 compete to play in it.
4/32 is 1/8th or 12.5%. In 8 yrs we have don't that 4 times. There is a slightly 0.48 % chance of making the championship game 4 times over 8 years (if my math is right) from random probability. That gap between random and happening is skill of players coaches and gms.
Do I wish we had 4 sb appearances? Yes. Am I glad for what the team has accomplished? Yes.

From a purely probabilistic standpoint, our numbers are impressive. But to me, that's despite the inaction of the FO, and largely propped up by having Rodgers (who was for a time, the best player in the NFL by a country mile).

In 10 years of Rodgers + McCarthy, the Packers got a FR bye week only *twice*! There wasn't any dynastic competition during this time (maybe SF and Seattle, but only one bye spot would be taken there; our division has always been mediocre at best. And to be fair, two years were lost to Rodgers injury here, but maybe if the team isn't total garbage without him, they could've still gotten one).

When having the FR bye, Rodgers reached the championship game 3 out of 4 times. So had the Packers been more serious (or proactive) about obtaining a bye week, then perhaps we have more NFCCG appearances. And more bites at that apple maybe means more SB appearances.

What stopped that are definitely the limitations from the previous post: UDFA-tier players or stale coaching (or both). If I'm Rodgers and I see Walden, MD Jennings, and Gunter continually messing up in a defense that everyone has figured out, and later a predictable and outdated offense with no weapons (or unused ones like Jones for years), I'd be furious.

Anti-Polar Bear
02-04-2021, 11:03 AM
Speaking of rumors or whatever, my wife told me she saw that Aaron Rodgers has a new gf - some celeb I never heard of but she knows of named Shailene Woodley.

Good to know. For a moment there, I actually believed that the Great Arm of Butte was, for the lack of better words, trapped in the closet.

GB-Brandon
02-04-2021, 11:14 AM
What a minute? A busted lip???? Hahahaha!! You are softer than a pillow dude. That ain’t shit. I thought you had got hurt bad. Never mind the fundraiser. You have lost all cred and have no excuse for being so bent.

Time to calm do sir. No one cares how much the organization hurts you in the ass balls deep.

I never asked for a Fundraiser or such things. I consider having to be locked up in some Psych Ward for 30 days pretty serious along with walking & talking with alcohol levels of higher then .40. Much of what happened that day at that park after “The Debacle” was in a blackout. I’m not going to list every mark or scratch. You mentioned “Ass Beatings” and I just tried to give a description that for some fans this failure to “Get Over The Hump” has caused some fans more then just a bad hangover.

From what I was told though the 15 or so Cheeseheads and I (who were massively outnumbered) in enemy territory against a Fucken Loony Tooney Fan Base put up a better fight then our Fraudster Team did out their on that Field!!!

The Atalanta deal was not nearly as intense as that was just a bar brawl where we got stomped out a little but my friend did get a beer bottle off the head!

https://youtu.be/Otm4RusESNU

GB-Brandon
02-04-2021, 11:38 AM

I tend to agree. The WR thing has not always been one of the main issues “That Season”. The main issue being instead of “Focusing On The Main Issue” in the present they tend to draft somewhere else always looking 2-3 years down the road. It’s just how they do things which keeps the team competitive but makes it difficult to really have a “Push Year” to get one of these Trophies!

George Cumby
02-04-2021, 01:51 PM
The PackerRats family needs to hold Brandon closer not push him away.

ROFLMAO.

Comedy Gold.

KYPack
02-04-2021, 09:23 PM

I’ve mentally adjusted with this organization and they forced me to do it with the systemic dysfunction in the organization!!!

You need to take a couple years off from posting on this forum. Head back up to Boise and tell that shrink that worked on you to give you some much stronger meds.

QBME
02-04-2021, 11:17 PM
You need to take a couple years off from posting on this forum. Head back up to Boise and tell that shrink that worked on you to give you some much stronger meds.

No doubt. Cat has totally flipped his wig.

GB-Brandon
02-05-2021, 09:34 AM

Absolutely Not!!!! Maybe a “30 minute Talk it out”!!!! “Operation Success”!!! No blackouts this season!! No Brawls or “Ass Beatings” or any Marks or Bruises!! No Lock Down Facilities!!! Only the ability to openly discuss something and describe descriptively so traumatic of of which happened Five Years Ago for really the first time. The ability to watch HISTORY REPEAT ITSELF with this organization OVER & OVER and not fall into the same TRAPS with it other then calling “BALLS & STRIKES” the whole way through it!!! I’m FREE OF THE BONDAGE!!

Oh Yeah!!! BALLS & STRIKES!!!

https://youtu.be/D0W1v0kOELA

bobblehead
02-05-2021, 09:44 AM
I might have to unblock brandon. I have a tender spot in my heart for cripples and bastards and broken things. Tank should appreciate that quote.

GB-Brandon
02-05-2021, 02:27 PM
The cumulative “Dream Breaking & Heart Break” has taken a toll on many due to a front Office that just couldn’t or wouldn’t get it done. Some fried and others just mentally adjusted. I suppose pass the torch to “New & Fresh Faces”. We did our part. That’s for sure!!

https://youtu.be/8yvhYo2YozI

GB-Brandon
02-05-2021, 02:54 PM
We need to be re-energized by good Solid moves that allow us to Achieve GREATNESS NOW!

th87
02-05-2021, 11:57 PM
Recommended viewing: https://youtu.be/VwXS1t7DzWw

bobblehead
02-06-2021, 01:40 PM
Lets blow it up and rebuild. Time to move Rodgers while he is being pissy but the compensation is still high. I'm all in on Boyle for 2021. Stack the team. Free the cap. Win and Owl and send Rodgers a picture of the trophy.

Upnorth
02-06-2021, 01:54 PM
Lets blow it up and rebuild. Time to move Rodgers while he is being pissy but the compensation is still high. I'm all in on Boyle for 2021. Stack the team. Free the cap. Win and Owl and send Rodgers a picture of the trophy.

This is clown shoes.