PDA

View Full Version : Official 2020 Packer Awards Thread

Joemailman
02-01-2021, 03:31 PM
MVP - Aaron Rodgers Completed over 70% of his passes for 4285 yards with 48 TD passes and just 5 INT's. His passes rating of 121.5 just missed his NFL record of 122.5 set in 2011. Led NFL in TD passes, completion pct., TD passes, TD%, INT%, Yards per attempt, passer rating and QBR.

Offensive Player Of Year - Davante Adams Could give this to Rodgers too, but Adams was sensational. Including playoffs, had 133 receptions for 1507 yards and 20 TD's. 77% of targets resulted in completions. Had 115 receptions in regular season with 1 drop.

Defensive Player Of The Year - Jaire Alexander Basically eliminated one side of the field all year long. In 15 regular season games, opposing quarterbacks completed 41 of 80 passes against him for 375 yards and a passer rating of 67.4. In 2 playoff games, allowed a passer rating of 0, including 2 INT's.

Offensive Rookie Of The Year - A.J. Dillon Not much to choose from here. In limited action, Dillon rushed 46 times for 242 yards and 2 TD's and caught 2 passes for 21 yards. Provided a glimpse of the future with 124 yards rushing and 2 TD's against Tennessee.

Defensive Rookie Of The Year - Krys Barnes Despite starting only 10 games, finished 2nd on the team in tackles and third in tackles for loss. Showed great instincts. Defense improved when he became every down player last third of season.

Most Improved Player - Robert Tonyan Finally stayed healthy and fulfilled the potential many had seen in him. Caught 52 passes for 586 yards and 11 TD's. Incredibly, only 7 passes targeted for him resulted in incompletions.

Most Pleasant Surprise Player - Krys Barnes Undrafted rookie was Packers best ILB whenever he was in there.

Most Disappointing Player - Jace Sternberger 3rd round pick from 2019 continued to be plagued by injuries. When he was in there, caught just 12 passes for 114 yards. Did not impress with his blocking either.

Coach Of The Year - Adam Stenavich Lost starting RG Lane Taylor early in year and All-Pro LT David Bakhtiari late in the year. In between Billy Turner and Corey Linsley missed multiple games resulting in a lot of lineup shuffling. Through it all, Packers nonetheless had one the NFL's premier offensive lines.

Add your own!

Upnorth
02-01-2021, 05:37 PM
St player of the year. Crosby. 2a0 of 20 on fg. 4 at 50+ yards. However not much competition.

RashanGary
02-01-2021, 06:03 PM
Dillon and Barnes could be a big part of the reason we don’t see drop off after losing Jones and King. Go down in a couple spots but come up at the same time in others or with others. We had some really good development in 2020. Let's hope 2021 is the same or better. Keep us in it and who knows, it might be our year one of these years.

MadtownPacker
02-02-2021, 01:39 PM
Could give this to Rodgers too? Maybe cut the hero worship for the choker a bit. Considering Adams accounts for 1/3 of all of Rodgers stats and almost half his TD. As you said Adams caught 77% well above the 70% completion. That number is all Adams and some Tonyan.

texaspackerbacker
02-02-2021, 01:59 PM
I'd definitely give MVP to Rodgers. For one thing, we won what 3 o4 games? without Adams. In addition, college or pro, just about anytime a receiver is great, it's because of the QB getting the ball to him. And as good as Tonyan, Lazard, Valdez-Scantling, Jones, and Williams all did in the passing game along with even a few others who had their moments, it has to be the GOAT who is the MVP.

RG, Dillon may be OROY mostly by default, but no way in hell he is an adequate replacement for Aaron Jones.

Upnorth
02-02-2021, 02:50 PM
Re dillion not being up to replace jones... How the he'll do we know??? He was way under utilized and i still maintain if they had flipped carries we likely would have won the nfcc game. I think dillion can be henry Jr who is a game changer. Our line is a blocking monster. Makes jones look better than he is.

texaspackerbacker
02-02-2021, 02:59 PM
Our line is not a "blocking monster". If they were, we'd be playing in the Super Bowl. They went from bad to ok last year to pretty good this year, but they still are way short of great or monster. Arguably, Jones' ability to get through a small hole with burst helps the line seem better, same as indisputably, Rodgers' ability to avoid the pass rush makes them seem better.

Dillon obviously is a different type of back from Jones - the wrong type IMO. The Packers offense needs a change of pace game breaker, not a big wear 'em down run-first type guy like Henry or maybe potentially Dillon. Bottom line, the team is significantly worse if we don't keep Aaron Jones.

GB-Brandon
02-02-2021, 04:03 PM
Oh Great!!!! Another “2nd Place Trophy Thread”!!!

Upnorth
02-02-2021, 04:28 PM
Oh Great!!!! Another “2nd Place Trophy Thread”!!!

Who hurt you?

This isn't an everyone gets a trophy thread. It's recognizing greatness on our team. Or at least our best.

Using your standard I have a few questions for you

Ate you the wealthiest person you know? If not you are a loser.
Are you the happiest? No? Loser
Strongest? Loser
Fastest? Loser

I am one of the happier people I know because of gratitude. Im grateful for the packers amazing season. While not the best it was darn great.
You disagree with me? Loser.

GB-Brandon
02-02-2021, 05:41 PM
Who hurt you?

This isn't an everyone gets a trophy thread. It's recognizing greatness on our team. Or at least our best.

Using your standard I have a few questions for you

Ate you the wealthiest person you know? If not you are a loser.
Are you the happiest? No? Loser
Strongest? Loser
Fastest? Loser

I am one of the happier people I know because of gratitude. Im grateful for the packers amazing season. While not the best it was darn great.
You disagree with me? Loser.

No. We shouldn’t feel good about ANYTHiNG Right now in regards to the Packers. 0-4 in NFC Champ games since 2015 is completely unacceptable with a Generational HOF QB!

No. The team DOESN’T SUCK but the players, the coaches, and front office should be MAD! GET REAL MAD!! Let it sink in and internalize it and use it to MOTIVATE CHANGE! Change the Mentality and the Culture because right now the CULTURE IS Aaron Rodgers outplaying the other team and having to win games for us with not as much help as his opponents have in these HiGH STAKES GAMES! It’s the same Movie Over & Over!

Some of us and it also appears Aaron Rodgers are sick and tired of it. GO BUILD A CHAMPIONSHIP ROSTER! THOSE ARE THE EXPECTATIONS!

Now isn’t the time to be padding people on their butts and telling them how great they are! There will be a time for that but it sure isn’t now!!

They talk a big game about “TitleTown” & “Super Bowls” & “Championship this & Championship That” ? I’m not the one saying these things? I’m not the one charging $12 for a beer down at TitleTown District! Go Deliver a product that backs up all the HYPE!

Upnorth
02-02-2021, 05:57 PM
I hope the players and coaches are pissed and introspective about how to improve. I hope the GM and staff are pissed and introspective about how to get more talent.

I'm blessed. Im a fan. My team has gone to 4 nfccg sincfe 2013, 2 of which we were playing above our level. 2 of which I expected. How the heck can i complain about that?

RashanGary
02-02-2021, 06:03 PM
Re dillion not being up to replace jones... How the he'll do we know??? He was way under utilized and i still maintain if they had flipped carries we likely would have won the nfcc game. I think dillion can be henry Jr who is a game changer. Our line is a blocking monster. Makes jones look better than he is.

Dillon is about as intriguing as prospects get. He flashed stardom for sure in his limited opportunities. And that redshirt year was good for him. The game will slow down in year 2.

GB-Brandon
02-02-2021, 06:09 PM
I hope the players and coaches are pissed and introspective about how to improve. I hope the GM and staff are pissed and introspective about how to get more talent.

I'm blessed. Im a fan. My team has gone to 4 nfccg sincfe 2013, 2 of which we were playing above our level. 2 of which I expected. How the heck can i complain about that?

I’m obviously not walking around my house swearing at the walls about the Packers and throwing away all my Packer memorabilia. There is that feeling for a few days after a loss such as the one to Tampa but we’re talking Packer Football. I’m just being honest on what my opinion of what they should do “Different.” You don’t have to agree!

If you have failed at something 4 times now in a 6 year period then you might want to take a look at that and try something different. These losses and disappointments do add up and create a trend of frustration. It would be nice to win one before we all die.

I made a smart ass remark. It’s no big deal.

GB-Brandon
02-02-2021, 06:37 PM
And people can call me a “Doom & Gloomer” and a “Negative Nancy” all they want but I continually formulate “Solutions” that I believe would help the Packers get over the hump! That’s the MAIN THING!

Maybe they would work and maybe they wouldn’t but what they have been doing certainly hasn’t!

MadtownPacker
02-02-2021, 06:58 PM
I’m obviously not walking around my house swearing at the walls about the Packers and throwing away all my Packer memorabilia. There is that feeling for a few days after a loss such as the one to Tampa but we’re talking Packer Football. I’m just being honest on what my opinion of what they should do “Different.” You don’t have to agree!

If you have failed at something 4 times now in a 6 year period then you might want to take a look at that and try something different. These losses and disappointments do add up and create a trend of frustration. It would be nice to win one before we all die.

I made a smart ass remark. It’s no big deal.Bitch please!!! You said you might sell that house depending on what they Packers do this offseason. First off you can’t sell your moms house and second quit fucking up every thread by crying so damn much.

GB-Brandon
02-02-2021, 07:56 PM
Bitch please!!! You said you might sell that house depending on what they Packers do this offseason. First off you can’t sell your moms house and second quit fucking up every thread by crying so damn much.

Sometimes I wish I could share more. Depending “who’s staying here next year” and if things are opened up more I might hold some type of contest for the “Rat Nation” to have the accommodations covered at “My House” for a Packer Weekend!!

GB-Brandon
02-02-2021, 08:01 PM
I Just Keep Giving & Giving & Giving & Giving!

GB-Brandon
02-02-2021, 09:39 PM
I have an AWARD!!! It’s for the Mother Fucker who can beat Press Coverage on a 3rd and 8 in 4th Quarter in January!!! That’s what I told everyone this was gonna come down too long ago and that’s what I’m holding my Award onto for!!!!!!!!!!

We’ll see what the Off-Season Brings!!!!

easy cheesy
02-02-2021, 11:52 PM
I have an AWARD!!! It’s for the Mother Fucker who can beat Press Coverage on a 3rd and 8 in 4th Quarter in January!!! That’s what I told everyone this was gonna come down too long ago and that’s what I’m holding my Award onto for!!!!!!!!!!

We’ll see what the Off-Season Brings!!!!

Just stop already.. we get the schtick....

Zool
02-03-2021, 01:39 AM
Bitch please!!! You said you might sell that house depending on what they Packers do this offseason. First off you can’t sell your moms house and second quit fucking up every thread by crying so damn much.

You have the solution at the tip of your fingers. Just do it man. It will fell goooooood

GB-Brandon
02-03-2021, 12:33 PM
I have the “Solution” too!! Friday Night at the “Oval Office”!!!!!!!!!

RashanGary
02-03-2021, 03:08 PM
I have the “Solution” too!! Friday Night at the “Oval Office”!!!!!!!!!

Sounds good!

Upnorth
02-03-2021, 05:43 PM
Since we are all homr with green and gold colored glasses here is the gbbrandon award - most disappointing player

Nominees are eqb, sternberger, m Adams and king.

I vote king because his coverage in the nfccg still makes me

Zool
02-03-2021, 05:46 PM
Since we are all homr with green and gold colored glasses here is the gbbrandon award - most disappointing player

Nominees are eqb, sternberger, m Adams and king.

I vote king because his coverage in the nfccg still makes me

I vote for Sternberger. A dual TE set for The Flower is tough to defend. As much as I like the Luxury Automobile, he runs a 7.42 40 now.

HarveyWallbangers
02-03-2021, 09:15 PM
Sternberger was disappointing (I still have hopes for him), but I vote King. I thought he'd be above average in a contract year, and he really was a below average starter. Too bad Josh Jackson is a bust.

GB-Brandon
02-03-2021, 10:50 PM
Yeah, I heard early in the camp they were down on Sternberger. I don’t think he is gonna work out. I don’t blame Gute for that one. I mocked him as a 3rd round target so I flunked it too!!!!

He just can’t separate and his blocking isn’t where it needs to be most of the time. We’ll see.

I’m done with Montro Adams. Liked that pick when Thompson made it. Thought he was kinda a tugboat though and it proved to be true. Just doesn’t have the feet.

I never liked the King pick. Thought he got reached on because of measurable’s and combine numbers. Thought he would be a bust. He more or less has been. Injury issues early on and then up and down play. He just can’t move laterally. He is a slug. He runs a fast 40 but who cares if he can’t change direction and open his hips. Was just a bad pick. I wanted Joe Mixon!!!

“The EQ Hype Train” that I could just never get on. Can’t stay healthy. Great Athlete but Bad Receiver. Just didn’t have the natural skills of a receiver. I understand the yearning to drool over these athletic numbers and fantasize about them in the Packer offense but these guys rarely work out. In fact it hasn’t worked out since Donald Driver!!! It’s like trying to find another Richard Sherman in the 5Th round. It very rarely happens. I could list all the longshot picks at receiver the Packers have made but I won’t. The tragedy of it is that is how the Packers have been building their receiver Corp. other then a Ted Thompson hit on D. Adams that’s it. To not value the position in 2021 with the way the game is played and all the rules and having AaRon Rodgers as your QB is just the dumbest thing of all time!!! If your that dumb you should be nowhere near running a Professional Sports Organization. It’s just mind blowing!!!

I’d probably have to say Sternberger but i did hear early on that it wasn’t going well. I was holding out hope for Montro. They tried like hell to hype up King and EQ and I didn’t buy into it so not so disappointed.

GB-Brandon
02-03-2021, 11:02 PM
And Let me be very clear about something. I don’t expect perfection and I don’t think I’m perfect. I don’t expect Gute to hit on every draft pick and make every perfect free agent move.

My problem with Gute is him putting his Arrogance in front of the Packers Winning A World Championship! That’s my issue.

RashanGary
02-04-2021, 12:57 PM
I'll vote king too. Played 18 yards off on 3rd and 2 and then press man when the only play that could kill us was a go route. Zero common sense. Alexander doesn't do these things. Tells me its a king problem.

GB-Brandon
02-04-2021, 01:48 PM
The thing is Kevin King wasn’t the reason we didn’t make the Super Bowl. It seems a lot of people are making him the scapegoat and building this facade that “A Corner In The First Round & New DC Will Get Us There” and while that may help we are gonna lose production on the offensive side through free agency.

It’s quite possible the Packers lose Jones, Williams and Linsley which is significant. We also have to get honest with ourselves if we really have the current firepower to take on “A Fully Powered Chiefs Team.” These are the things that should be discussed when talking of “Owls, Lombardi’s and Rings” as this is what stands in our way! The two biggest issues being dominate Press Coverage and Explosive Offenses. Sure, we can handle our division but as far as the others I have described we are just not there right now so the question remains what do the Packers do? Remain competitive or do the things NECESSARY TO ADDRESS THE ISSUES STANDING IN THEIR WAY?

I have a sneaky feeling Rodgers won’t waste another season here if they don’t make a commitment to “Address Those Issues” to make a serious run!! It makes zero sense for him to restructure his contract and putting a 1st round pick on complete Ice to just go give it the “Old College Try.”

GB-Brandon
02-04-2021, 01:52 PM
Everything is finally coming to a “Massive Head” whether you want to believe it or not with all the variables involved.

I’m simply calling “Balls & Strikes.”

Upnorth
02-04-2021, 02:43 PM
We just watched a season of one of the greatest offenses in history in points scored per drive. Better fix the offense.

Zool
02-04-2021, 02:48 PM
We just watched a season of one of the greatest offenses in history in points scored per drive. Better fix the offense.

I can't believe they won't help Aaron out. If they don't have 3 all-pro WRs by June I'm gonna rant on a message board about it.....more.

GB-Brandon
02-04-2021, 03:40 PM
OMG!!!!!!!! That’s NOT what I’m SAYING!!!! I Really Don’t Know If I Can Take Another Off-Season Of This!!!!!!!!!

I supply all this Draft Content and I gotta deal with all this! It Feels like Moving Mountains!

It’s all gonna ride on AR12. Things shall be revealed Soon!