PDA

View Full Version : JIM LEONARD----ELITE===AT ALL LEVELS

Bretsky
02-05-2021, 11:21 PM
As most know I bleed read and white, even more then green n gold.

I was listening to ESPN Madison the other day. They had a simple message.

The Green Bay Packers should put a full court press on Jim Leonard.

I recall watching Jim Leonard's first game and first season with the Wisconsin Badgers. My initial reaction was who's the short white guy out there; he can't possibly play football.

Then he broke a kickoff returns, and then he started intercepting passes. I think this dude was a walk on who had to earn his scholarship, and he did it right away. Great athlete, but the dude had to work for everything he achieved. And in every facet of the game, he's been an overachiever. Many Kickoff and punt return breaks and interceptions later..........

After killing it for the Badgers, dude somehow found himself in an NFL Camp. And somehow he made a team...and succeeded in the NFL. Rex Ryan stated he ran the defense and targeted him as a free agent. Other DC's such as Pettine said the same.

He found his way back to the Red and White, where he belongs. Lives in Monona; love the game and loves the city of Madison.

I think he made his was back as a secondary coach, and he excelled. Great teacher, and related with players at all ages.

The Badgers really had a couple elite DC's back to back. And lose them for more $$$$$$$$

In steps Leonard, and we don't miss a beat. We're well prepared, organized, smart, and our defensive schemes are phenominal. Unlike Pettine, Leonard's defenses are always better than their personnell. He's every bit as good as Dave Aranda who LSU paid Millions to jump shit.

Would anybody not love this hire ?

Jimmy has had many opportunities for huge raises already. But he loves Madison. Nearly everybody thinks he'll be the next Head Coach at UW Madison. And so do I.

I've said from the start I don't really want the Packers to hire Jim Leonard. Trash me if you want, but there is a definite reason I don't want him in Green Bay.

I would rather see the Wisconsin Badgers Football Team win a National Championship then the Packers a Super Bowl. And Jim Leonard is f'ckin elite.

If Green Bay wants an elite defense, Green Bay will roll out the carpet for Jim Leonard.

Bretsky
02-05-2021, 11:36 PM
OH CRAP....JS reporting there are two front runners for the job....and said Leonard might have already been offered the job. The other leading candidate is the dude from the Rams.

call_me_ishmael
02-06-2021, 12:01 AM
If I'm Jimmy Leonard, and I have 30 million dollars in the bank, there is no way I consider leaving UW. I agree he is the successor in waiting if he wants to be. If he leaves, I think it complicates that to some degree. He _could_ come back, but would he? I would say once you leave it's tough to game back - Timing has to work out perfectly, etc. What can 60M buy that 30M can't? He's got young kids - why would you want to work around the clock in the NFL where staffs turn over _all the time_.

I sincerely doubt he would ever get fired at UW. He would need to see a dramatic regression for many years in a row. With the way things change in the NFL, it'd be surprising to see him land and stick around somewhere long term. Hasn't something insane like > 50% of league coaches turned over in the 3-4 years. Why would you roll the dice on that?

That said, I don't know anything about the guy and what his goals are. Hard to fault someone for wanting to compete against the best and try to be the best. That is the NFL path if he wants that life.

Anti-Polar Bear
02-06-2021, 12:17 AM
Leonhard’s D smells like dog fart against THE Ohio State U. What makes y’all think Leonhard would make the Packer D smelling like roses against the GOAT, Lil Russell or Black Rodgers, aka, Mahomes with the Super Bowl on the line?

Bretsky
02-06-2021, 10:31 AM
Leonhard’s D smells like dog fart against THE Ohio State U. What makes y’all think Leonhard would make the Packer D smelling like roses against the GOAT, Lil Russell or Black Rodgers, aka, Mahomes with the Super Bowl on the line?

Ignorance is Bliss

MadtownPacker
02-06-2021, 11:26 AM
Leonhard’s D smells like dog fart against THE Ohio State U. What makes y’all think Leonhard would make the Packer D smelling like roses against the GOAT, Lil Russell or Black Rodgers, aka, Mahomes with the Super Bowl on the line?Who the fuck doesn’t get killed against OSU.

I don’t too much of this guy but remember him as a player who was smart and got the most out of his abilities. Sounds just like what Packers need. I have a good vibe and support Bretsky even if he is a privileged honkie.

Upnorth
02-06-2021, 11:49 AM
Does this matter anymore? He said no.

oldbutnotdeadyet
02-06-2021, 12:47 PM
Does this matter anymore? He said no.

Not really, but would have liked to see what he could have done with Packer defense.

Bretsky
02-06-2021, 12:50 PM
THREAD FAILURE

I posted the thread last night, before hearing he was one of the top 2, and we learn 12 hours later he turned down the job ....lol

I'm at least Jimbo got the offer.

MadtownPacker
02-06-2021, 03:41 PM
Does this matter anymore? He said no.Fuck that guy I never wanted him. Another WI cowmilker who forgot where he came from. Is there a good Latino option?

texaspackerbacker
02-06-2021, 05:01 PM
I thought Ejiro Evero was a Latino.

Anti-Polar Bear
02-07-2021, 09:13 AM
Who the fuck doesn’t get killed against OSU.

I don’t too much of this guy but remember him as a player who was smart and got the most out of his abilities. Sounds just like what Packers need. I have a good vibe and support Bretsky even if he is a privileged honkie.

Pretty sure the inbreds from some Oedipal college in the great hillbilly state of Alabama annihilated THE OSU just a month ago.

Leonhard’s underdog story is no doubt inspiring. But now that he’s an upperdog, he’s acting kinda arrogant, as if he’s a hot chick who thinks she’s too hot for everyone but the 80 year old billionaire sugar daddy. Rumors have it that Leonhard also shot down the Illinois head coaching gig.

Like I said, for a guy who can’t beat the OSU, he can continue winning Brazzers Dot Com bowls for all I care.

Anti-Polar Bear
02-07-2021, 09:14 AM
I thought Ejiro Evero was a Latino.

Negative. Evero is Italian.

Bretsky
02-07-2021, 10:14 AM
Pretty sure the inbreds from some Oedipal college in the great hillbilly state of Alabama annihilated THE OSU just a month ago.

Leonhard’s underdog story is no doubt inspiring. But now that he’s an upperdog, he’s acting kinda arrogant, as if he’s a hot chick who thinks she’s too hot for everyone but the 80 year old billionaire sugar daddy. Rumors have it that Leonhard also shot down the Illinois head coaching gig.

Like I said, for a guy who can’t beat the OSU, he can continue winning Brazzers Dot Com bowls for all I care.

And just how is he acting arrogant ? Show me the specific example or quotes from him indicating this ?

Anti-Polar Bear
02-07-2021, 03:33 PM
And just how is he acting arrogant ? Show me the specific example or quotes from him indicating this ?

Virtually every first-time, career pumping coordinator at a school that usually plays 3rd fiddle in its conference woulda accepted the Illinois gig. Or the Packers gig.

This ain’t me making the minimum-wage for Firm A and turning down a $15/hr-starting-$20/hr-in-a-year gig from Firm B b/c Firm B is facing an imminent hostile takeover. Leonhard coulda gotten a 6 year deal from Illinois. At least a 3 year deal from the Packers. With raises. He ain’t got to worry about job security or putting food on the table.

Leonhard is full of himself. Apparently thinks he’s such a shinny hotshot, he can get any gig he wants anytime. Arrogance. I dunno about all those incompetent decision makers out there like the Frog of the Packers, but I look at Leonhard and I see a guy has no fucking clue how to stop THE OSU. In other words, a guy who chokes in big games. In even more words, a Pettine-clone.

Bretsky
02-07-2021, 05:06 PM
Virtually every first-time, career pumping coordinator at a school that usually plays 3rd fiddle in its conference woulda accepted the Illinois gig. Or the Packers gig.

This ain’t me making the minimum-wage for Firm A and turning down a $15/hr-starting-$20/hr-in-a-year gig from Firm B b/c Firm B is facing an imminent hostile takeover. Leonhard coulda gotten a 6 year deal from Illinois. At least a 3 year deal from the Packers. With raises. He ain’t got to worry about job security or putting food on the table.

Leonhard is full of himself. Apparently thinks he’s such a shinny hotshot, he can get any gig he wants anytime. Arrogance. I dunno about all those incompetent decision makers out there like the Frog of the Packers, but I look at Leonhard and I see a guy has no fucking clue how to stop THE OSU. In other words, a guy who chokes in big games. In even more words, a Pettine-clone.

Instead of babbling worthless general bullshit dribble, I asked you to provide SPECIFICS ?

As usual, you've got nothing.

You didn't even attempt to to make up some shit that I could refute. I imagine that's cause you've got Nothing.

Well thanks for not trying

RashanGary
02-08-2021, 11:03 AM
I’m just glad we didn’t get leanard because Bretsky would have a conflict of interest, hating on pack vs man love for Leonard. It would have been ugly