PDA

View Full Version : 3 MOVES Green Bay Can Make Thanks to the BACK

Bretsky
02-16-2021, 06:56 PM
These seem to be captain OBVIOUS free agency moves

IF you could just choose 1, which would it be ?

IF you could choose 2, which would they be ?

IF we lose both RB's, Preston Smith, and clear some space would all 3 even be possible ?

https://fansided.com/2021/02/15/packers-moves-with-david-bakhtiari-money/?a_aid=40734&fbclid=IwAR1J1goNhNkG59JIMtpQchbQ-R99SNMtbc5PEzG4zbpmWfb1JoMHB9OCgqc

Bretsky
02-16-2021, 07:13 PM
JJ WATT
COREY DAVIS
LINSLEY

I'm not sure who my #1 is but for what they are going to have to pay Linsley might be myh 3rd choice

GB-Brandon
02-16-2021, 07:37 PM
I really can’t answer the question not knowing if they are gonna restructure Rodgers etc etc. Is this a one shot deal to get a Receiver? Are they gonna completely ignore it again in the draft?

Then there is the Joe Barry deal.

I’m gonna Corey Davis cause I KNOW he will be a no.2 in this offense and it will keep Adams in 1 on 1 coverage against ANYBODY! Adams is the best 1 on 1 receiver in the NFL. If the defense just stays pace with last years defense it would be more then enough! Comes down to key guys staying healthy then but it would be enough I would think and Davis has a better chance staying healthy then Watt.

Bretsky
02-16-2021, 07:52 PM
Imagine if we signed Davis and a serviceable CB, and then drafted ILB, DL, WR, and CB in the first four rounds. I'd sleep well

GB-Brandon
02-16-2021, 07:56 PM
Imagine if we signed Davis and a serviceable CB, and then drafted ILB, DL, WR, and CB in the first four rounds. I'd sleep well

Yeah. Something like that would definitely work.

GB-Brandon
02-16-2021, 07:59 PM
That’s why Adams wants that No.2 receiver so bad. He wants that 1 on 1 coverage!!!!

GB-Brandon
02-16-2021, 09:20 PM
Get him in here. Coach him up and fine tune a little. And make Fucken History!!!

https://youtu.be/bWnkwwBStlU

texaspackerbacker
02-16-2021, 10:42 PM
The Bakhtiari move is just the tip of the ice berg of what we can, should, and I'm pretty sure will do to beat the cap situation.

To answer the question, Linsley, Watt (although I don't think it would take too big an offer to get him). No way in hell I want them to sign Corey Davis. That would be a blunder akin to signing Funchess last year. In addition to the fact that we do NOT need a WR in either free agency or the draft, I am particularly negative about Davis after seeing him against the Badgers in the Cotton Bowl several years ago.

GB-Brandon
02-17-2021, 08:08 AM
The Bakhtiari move is just the tip of the ice berg of what we can, should, and I'm pretty sure will do to beat the cap situation.

To answer the question, Linsley, Watt (although I don't think it would take too big an offer to get him). No way in hell I want them to sign Corey Davis. That would be a blunder akin to signing Funchess last year. In addition to the fact that we do NOT need a WR in either free agency or the draft, I am particularly negative about Davis after seeing him against the Badgers in the Cotton Bowl several years ago.

Funchess? They aren’t even the same type of receivers. And Funchess didn’t do Jack in 2019 leading up to the Packers signing him either. The Funchess signing didn’t get my heart beat to go up or down a tick either way. It was just a “Blah Signing” that I never really made much of or saw some pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. I don’t see any real comparison between these two players other then they both play WR.

“The Badger Bowl Game” in Jan of 2017? LOL!! I’m pretty sure that tape isn’t being used in the current evaluation process for many reasonable reasons. LOL!!!

Your killing me!!!

GB-Brandon
02-17-2021, 08:16 AM
“Aaron Jones Has Left Green Bay”!!!!!!! Get over it Tex!!! HE ISN’T COMING BACK!!!! That Era is Over!!

There isn’t gonna be a 7 year 100 Million Dollar Guaranteed Contract!!! LOL!!

Time to get on Board with POWER FOOTBALL with Dillon and BE LETHAL ON THE PERIMETER!!

GB-Brandon
02-17-2021, 01:15 PM
I was just reading somewhere though that at the 180 million cap number the Packers could Franchise Tag Jones for just a tad over 8 million. That wouldn’t be a bad way to go at all.

I think this practice might upset Jones though and could backfire.

RashanGary
02-17-2021, 01:37 PM
Draft a WR. Back to back deep drafts. Seems obvious one will slip. I’ll take Bateman at a glance. Davante esq

Zool
02-17-2021, 01:37 PM
Type your thoughts. Press enter, type another thought. Press enter a couple times. Type another thought. When you're done, hit post reply.

You were irritating enough when you trolled constantly. Now you're spamming.

GB-Brandon
02-17-2021, 01:56 PM
I wonder if that offer from the Packers is still on the table with Jones knowing how he can get leveraged with the franchise tag? You’d have to think the Packers would hit him with the Tag at that price/guarantee giving them another whole year to negotiate and see what happens with production and cap.

This changes everything.

texaspackerbacker
02-17-2021, 02:17 PM
“Aaron Jones Has Left Green Bay”!!!!!!! Get over it Tex!!! HE ISN’T COMING BACK!!!! That Era is Over!!

There isn’t gonna be a 7 year 100 Million Dollar Guaranteed Contract!!! LOL!!

Time to get on Board with POWER FOOTBALL with Dillon and BE LETHAL ON THE PERIMETER!!

Don't bet your ass on it hahahaha. The absolute last thing we need is a transition to a power running game. On the chance - relatively slim IMO that we do lose Aaron Jones, we go after somebody fast and shifty in the draft and/or finally make some use of Dexter Williams. Dillon alone or Dillon and Jamal is a recipe for getting worse. Dillon as a change of pace to Jones, on the other hand, would be great.

Even of Dillon has the potential to be a good perimeter runner, which is far from a sure thing, the Packers have shown a lot less ability to block for outside zone than for inside zone.

texaspackerbacker
02-17-2021, 02:19 PM
Don't bet your ass on it hahahaha. The absolute last thing we need is a transition to a power running game. On the chance - relatively slim IMO that we do lose Aaron Jones, we go after somebody fast and shifty in the draft and/or finally make some use of Dexter Williams. Dillon alone or Dillon and Jamal is a recipe for getting worse. Dillon as a change of pace to Jones, on the other hand, would be great.

Even of Dillon has the potential to be a good perimeter runner, which is far from a sure thing, the Packers have shown a lot less ability to block for outside zone than for inside zone.

The franchise tag is not a good option in a cap year like this one, as the massive amount of the one year contract is a cap killer.

GB-Brandon
02-17-2021, 02:19 PM
This is exactly why guys rarely take pay cuts & take the most $ they can get. You have a guy like Aaron Jones that out plays his draft status and doesn’t make a whole lot of $ compared to other top NFL players. He sets himself up and has a career season and can’t get the guaranteed $ he wants and then probably gets hit with a franchise tag so he has to go back to the drawing board playing a very physical position and produce at a high level yet again to get his big pay day knowing one play can end it all and “POOF.”

Yeah, it’s 8 million dollars but he was probably set up to get 25-30 million guaranteed.

GB-Brandon
02-17-2021, 02:24 PM
The franchise tag is not a good option in a cap year like this one, as the massive amount of the one year contract is a cap killer.

Yeah the 8 million counts towards the cap now but they just cleared that amount with one move with Bakh. It protects them from longterm risk while the cap balances back out hopefully. Also, protects them from long term risk with the player while still allowing them to maintain negotiations and other contracts or deals to expire or be terminated. There are several advantages with a low number like “8 million” with no future commitment.

Maybe you want Aaron Jones for one more year on a discount while you get the replacements fully in order.

texaspackerbacker
02-17-2021, 02:29 PM
If the franchise tag amount is only $8 million, then I take back what I said about it not being a good option ....... but I'm not sure the figure isn't higher than that.

GB-Brandon
02-17-2021, 02:30 PM
If the franchise tag amount is only $8 million, then I take back what I said about it not being a good option ....... but I'm not sure the figure isn't higher than that.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2932212-packers-top-players-to-consider-for-franchise-tag-rfa-contract-tenders?share=other

GB-Brandon
02-17-2021, 02:34 PM
So this is good news for you Tex!! Good news for all of us really. I see no way possible the Packers let Aaron Jones walk over 8 million if this is indeed accurate.

texaspackerbacker
02-17-2021, 02:35 PM
ok. It sounds like a plan.

bobblehead
02-17-2021, 06:16 PM
Well, I'm biased since I have been pimping Cory Davis for....well, about a year now. I want to be right, so that is my #1 priority here. Also, I'll stick with it because rookie WR take a minute, but Davis played for Flower, run blocks and has had decent production in a run first offense with weak QBs. Also it might get Brandon to give it a rest.

Next is Lindsey. I believe games are won at the line of scrimmage. Protect Rodgers and open holes for anyone toting the rock is your first priority.

Finally Watt. If I thought he was half the player he was a decade ago he is #1 on this list. He is not and I don't want him unless its virtually for free.

Bretsky
02-17-2021, 09:02 PM
RANDOM THOUGHT

CAPTAIN OBVIOUS SIGNING

James White...and I doubt they have to spend much

GB-Brandon
02-17-2021, 10:20 PM
RANDOM THOUGHT

CAPTAIN OBVIOUS SIGNING

James White...and I doubt they have to spend much

Absolutely!! I posted this in the other thread. Probably 3-4 tops. He can still play too.

call_me_ishmael
02-18-2021, 09:54 AM
Robert Francis Demovsky is predicted the Packers convert all of ARods money this year to a signing bonus so that essentially frees up 22M/3 years so about 14.6M this year.

GB-Brandon
02-18-2021, 09:58 AM
Robert Francis Demovsky is predicted the Packers convert all of ARods money this year to a signing bonus so that essentially frees up 22M/3 years so about 14.6M this year.

Yeah, this is the big anticipated move. Puts trading Rodgers for the next three years basically on ice and then destroys the value of Jordan Love’s rookie contract as far as him playing on it. This is the tell tale sign of the whole direction of everything.

call_me_ishmael
02-18-2021, 10:07 AM
The rookie contract thing doesn't matter. If Jordan Love is a stud, it's a great move no matter what. If he's a bust, then it is a historically silly move - especially knowing how close they were and it will largely be Gooters legacy if he never wins a chip. The longer he sits the more likely he becomes a stud IMO. Of course, I still think they could flip him for a #1 in a year or two if he shows up - that said, that's not exactly an appreciating asset.

GB-Brandon
02-18-2021, 10:25 AM
The rookie contract thing doesn't matter. If Jordan Love is a stud, it's a great move no matter what. If he's a bust, then it is a historically silly move - especially knowing how close they were and it will largely be Gooters legacy if he never wins a chip. The longer he sits the more likely he becomes a stud IMO. Of course, I still think they could flip him for a #1 in a year or two if he shows up - that said, that's not exactly an appreciating asset.

I think it matters a lot more though. If you can get competent QB play for 4 million a year you can load up the roster and have a legitimate chance at building an elite defense or something else. Right now we’re getting a QB to run the scout team for 4 million. Doesn’t seem practical to me any way you cut it for a franchise that models itself on being practical. Penny Wise Pound Foolish. Unless he turns into something Super Special which are low odds and it usually doesn’t take 4 years to figure that out. To me it’s flawed all the way around. Maybe they can flip him as you suggest but even then it’s not getting you any production at the moment but running your scout team.

texaspackerbacker
02-18-2021, 01:26 PM

Hopefully this guy has inside info and is correct. I think they could do even more than that if they stretched out an extension to five years.

Zool
02-18-2021, 01:46 PM

Disagree. It's a bad move, but not historically bad. Not trading an entire draft for Ricky Williams. Not drafting Mandarich in the middle of 4 HOF players bad. Not trading 8 players and picks for Hershel Walker bad.

It's not like they drafted Sam Bowie instead of Michael Jordan. The world could do with a lot less hyperbole. Things don't need to be the best or worst thing ever. They can just be.

call_me_ishmael
02-19-2021, 11:05 AM
Disagree. It's a bad move, but not historically bad. Not trading an entire draft for Ricky Williams. Not drafting Mandarich in the middle of 4 HOF players bad. Not trading 8 players and picks for Hershel Walker bad.

It's not like they drafted Sam Bowie instead of Michael Jordan. The world could do with a lot less hyperbole. Things don't need to be the best or worst thing ever. They can just be.

Very fair, it certainly isn't historic like those moves. It will have just been a bad move.

Fritz
02-19-2021, 01:22 PM

THAT'S THE BEST POST EVER!!!!!!!

Upnorth
02-20-2021, 06:48 AM

I love this post. Thanks zool

GB-Brandon
02-20-2021, 08:47 AM
This certainly doesn’t make me feel any better! Just Sounds like more “MINIMIZING” which is par for the course when it comes to the failures of the Packers front office. People should be held accountable and FIRED accordingly!! If an owner was involved you better believe more answers would need to be given then what has. It most likely cost us a WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP and now we’re dealing with the FALLOUT!!

https://youtu.be/_W7Ole0fSYM

#Minimize

run pMc
02-20-2021, 10:35 AM
Drafting a QB wasn't a bad idea. The prior two seasons Rodgers was playing good but not elite, and drafting a successor (or backup/spot-starter) to a mid-30's aged QB isn't a terrible idea. I wasn't a fan of Jordan Love specifically, but maybe MLF can coach him into something starter-worthy. If not, it's not the worst thing EVAR; lots of R1 picks bust. Yes, even GB R1 picks.

I understand the hand-wringing over the opportunity cost of the pick, including trading a R4 to move up to pick him. Thing is, you can go thru the last 10 drafts and play "who should they have drafted" and it still won't matter because what's done is done.
It's a fun time-waster until you get worked up and repetitively post about it, when you really need a time-out in the corner.

As for moves GB can make, I want to see what the roster looks like once they get under the cap.

GB-Brandon
02-20-2021, 11:42 AM
If it’s handcuffing you from making the Best Move Possible to give you the Most Common Sense Cap Relief Possible to position your roster to have the best chance moving forward to win a Championship then I would call that “Catastrophic” in more ways then one.

Add the two other potential starters on rookie contracts and it’s gut wrenching! I don’t know how you expect to get over the hump! The league is just too competitive to have to overcome all this.

Your burning top draft picks and can’t leverage the biggest contract on the team to create huge cap space? Not a good formula!!

bobblehead
02-20-2021, 01:01 PM

If you do this you try and move Love. Keeping him on the bench is pointless. Get a high 2nd for him if anyone is still interested.

GB-Brandon
02-20-2021, 01:15 PM
If you do this you try and move Love. Keeping him on the bench is pointless. Get a high 2nd for him if anyone is still interested.

Then you do a 5 year and save MASSIVE Cap $! Gute isn’t gonna trade Love and that’s why none of this is gonna happen.

Zool
02-20-2021, 07:39 PM

Who is the backup QB?

RashanGary
02-20-2021, 07:42 PM
Who is the backup QB?

That’s the part of the equation a bunch of people seem to miss. Rodgers will be 38 next season. If he misses games, a winning QB keeps us in the hunt. We’re in the hunt just about every year. Rodgers misses games every couple years. It will happen .

Bretsky
02-20-2021, 09:27 PM
Who is the backup QB?

I don't think it was Love last year

texaspackerbacker
02-21-2021, 12:08 AM
Love is irrelevant. It's strongly likely we can't/won't trade him, this year anyway. Keeping him on the roster may be pointless, but it certainly is no impediment to doing a long term deal to restructure Aaron Rodgers and keep him in Green Bay the rest of his career.

King Friday
02-21-2021, 09:10 AM

No one will give up anything for him. There are QB options all over the place this off-season, so why would Love be of interest to anyone? He's worth almost nothing at this point. It was a huge mistake to draft him.

QBs are starting to realize that playing for a bad team isn't good for their long term earning potential. Guys moving off their rookie deals will be far more demanding moving forward. Think a guy like Trevor Lawrence or Joe Burrow will remain with hapless organizations in the future...seeing the career arcs of Stafford or Watson?

I don't see the need to draft your QB for the future anymore. College QBs are coming into the league more ready and in greater numbers than ever before. Wasting a pick on a guy to sit around and learn won't pan out. A kid like Rodgers wouldn't last until the end of the first round anymore. Teams are far more impatient with QBs. There will probably be 4 or 5 taken in the first round this year, on top of all the FA options. Guys like Darnold, Wentz, Goff, Garrapolo, Prescott are being viewed as expendable because the inflow of talent has become so strong. If you think anyone would even give up a 5th round pick for Love at this point, you are smoking some good peyote.

GB-Brandon
02-21-2021, 09:26 AM
^ Pretty much “All The Above”

And Too Hold the entire Franchise & Fan Base Hostage at this point and not get a Rodgers extension done to get Max Cap Relief(Which Leverages The $ On Your Best Player) for this Jordan Love guy would be a whole new level of INSANITY for the Packers Front Office!

bobblehead
02-21-2021, 10:57 AM
Who is the backup QB?

Boyle, who is dirt cheap and was the backup last year over Love. I actually like what he has shown in the limited time we have seen him.

bobblehead
02-21-2021, 11:09 AM
No one will give up anything for him. There are QB options all over the place this off-season, so why would Love be of interest to anyone? He's worth almost nothing at this point. It was a huge mistake to draft him.

QBs are starting to realize that playing for a bad team isn't good for their long term earning potential. Guys moving off their rookie deals will be far more demanding moving forward. Think a guy like Trevor Lawrence or Joe Burrow will remain with hapless organizations in the future...seeing the career arcs of Stafford or Watson?

I don't see the need to draft your QB for the future anymore. College QBs are coming into the league more ready and in greater numbers than ever before. Wasting a pick on a guy to sit around and learn won't pan out. A kid like Rodgers wouldn't last until the end of the first round anymore. Teams are far more impatient with QBs. There will probably be 4 or 5 taken in the first round this year, on top of all the FA options. Guys like Darnold, Wentz, Goff, Garrapolo, Prescott are being viewed as expendable because the inflow of talent has become so strong. If you think anyone would even give up a 5th round pick for Love at this point, you are smoking some good peyote.

While I don't disagree with much of what you said, you are foolish to think your assessment matches that of GMs around the league. Love had a fist round grade by many teams. He has had a season of tutelage under a respected QB guru. To think that after a year of seasoning and his signing bonus being paid in full that no team is willing to offer a second is kind of weird thought process to me. (see how I did that without being insulting and condescending)

It was a bad pick...unless you believe that it got Rodgers to buy into the coaches philosophy. Rodgers just had his absolute best season in over 5 years. We ran the ball more and better than we have in his entire career. If we can now use that to our advantage and flip it back into a second I'd be OK with the pick.

oldbutnotdeadyet
02-21-2021, 11:13 AM

Great post, the league is changing almost every year, I also agree the Packers made a mistake with Love. I hope I'm wrong..

GB-Brandon
02-21-2021, 11:23 AM
While I don't disagree with much of what you said, you are foolish to think your assessment matches that of GMs around the league. Love had a fist round grade by many teams. He has had a season of tutelage under a respected QB guru. To think that after a year of seasoning and his signing bonus being paid in full that no team is willing to offer a second is kind of weird thought process to me. (see how I did that without being insulting and condescending)

It was a bad pick...unless you believe that it got Rodgers to buy into the coaches philosophy. Rodgers just had his absolute best season in over 5 years. We ran the ball more and better than we have in his entire career. If we can now use that to our advantage and flip it back into a second I'd be OK with the pick.

Well that’s why I said I agree with “Much” of the Post. Teams will ultimately fall back on Love’s college tape in evaluating him in a trade and consider him having a year in development in pro system so I believe he would fetch more then a 5th. Probably somewhere around what you describe considering his friendly contract. You have teams like the Washington and Philadelphia that are desperate for QB’s so I could see them as targets.

The bigger problem I see is if Gute is willing to cry Uncle yet and move on from this experiment admitting basically it was a failure.

GB-Brandon
02-21-2021, 11:32 AM
If Rodgers regressed this last year then I’d say fine let’s go on this “Love Journey” and see what happens but we literally have a team that is a few pieces away from being VERY dominant and probably one of if not the most dominant Packer Team Of All Time Winning the whole damn thing.

It’s time to abort the whole damn thing!!

GB-Brandon
02-21-2021, 11:59 AM
This is it!!! It’s now or Never!!! There is no more putting these things off!!

https://youtu.be/1BTeWyRTF60

RashanGary
02-21-2021, 12:52 PM
I don't think it was Love last year

Love was drafted for his career, which they hoped would be longer than 1 year.

GB-Brandon
02-21-2021, 01:20 PM

For When?

RashanGary
02-21-2021, 01:59 PM
For When?

Rodgers could go down this year the same way Tonyan, Lizard and MVS could all improve as they gained experience

RashanGary
02-21-2021, 02:00 PM
Nothing stays the same Brandon. Stop living in yesterday

GB-Brandon
02-21-2021, 03:16 PM
So it’s this Gigantic Insurance Policy with A Huge Premium!! It guarantees 10-6 and a playoff appearance but NO SUPER BOWL!! SWELL!!! What a bunch of Posers!!

If thats how they roll into this next season I’m “tapping out”. Waste of time!!! I’ll watch games and stuff but it’s pointless to take it it any more seriously. We’ll see what happens.

GB-Brandon
02-21-2021, 03:17 PM
Nothing stays the same Brandon. Stop living in yesterday

He just won the League MVP with the highest graded season EVER!!!!!

GB-Brandon
02-21-2021, 03:25 PM
If Rodgers gets hurt we aren’t winning shit anyways!! Dumbest Shit I’ve ever heard!!!

Bretsky
02-21-2021, 04:09 PM

At this point I'm confident he can be an effective practice squad QB for well over one year :)

GB-Brandon
02-21-2021, 06:01 PM
Rodgers could go down this year the same way Tonyan, Lizard and MVS could all improve as they gained experience

Love & Tonyan & Lazard & MVS = $50 Tickets @ Lambeau on Stub Hub and don’t tell me I’m full of shit!!!! That’s what happened at the end of 2018. People were actually giving that shit away for FREEEEE around here!!!!

HarveyWallbangers
02-21-2021, 07:44 PM
You dummies would have said (or, in fact, did say) the same thing about Rodgers in 2006. You are too ignorant to notice the history of your own stupidity. :)

Upnorth
02-21-2021, 08:09 PM
You dummies would have said (or, in fact, did say) the same thing about Rodgers in 2006. You are too ignorant to notice the history of your own stupidity. :)

Don't use past facts to interfere with present emotion.

GB-Brandon
02-21-2021, 10:30 PM

Yeah, Gute is hiding the next Pat Mahommes out of sight for a couple years. What a Genius!!!! HAHAHA!!!

RashanGary
02-21-2021, 10:47 PM
Yeah, Gute is hiding the next Pat Mahommes out of sight for a couple years. What a Genius!!!! HAHAHA!!!

Yeah, those are the types of things said in 2006. No one thought Rodgers was great. The only thing I remember thinking for sure was that they clearly let favre go so they must have thought highly of 12.

I’ll say this for that situation, “they must have thought highly of 12 to move on from 4”

And I’ll say this now, “they must think highly of 10 to move up in the first round and draft him a year ago”

RashanGary
02-21-2021, 11:07 PM
The other thing about Love....

The list of Wolf-tree quarterbacks include:

Favre (HOF)
Hasselback
Rodgers (HOF)
Wilson (HOF caliber)
Derek Carr
Mahommes (HOF caliber)
Mayfield

And now love. Looking at the list of guys taken or traded in Favres case, is a really strong list. Jordan Love is in good company and has a shot at this thing.

GB-Brandon
02-21-2021, 11:07 PM
Yeah, those are the types of things said in 2006. No one thought Rodgers was great. The only thing I remember thinking for sure was that they clearly let favre go so they must have thought highly of 12.

I’ll say this for that situation, “they must have thought highly of 12 to move on from 4”

And I’ll say this now, “they must think highly of 10 to move up in the first round and draft him a year ago”

That was then!!!! This is now!!! It’s a completely different situation “AlL THE WAY AROUND” and I’m not even gonna explain it all again. I can’t even believe after this season we have fans buying into this PIPE DREAM. I’m shocked!!! I played along all season knowing deep down inside we would fall short but hoping somehow I would be Fucken wrong and here we are. Even after all of it some people still cannot see the light of what we need to do.

Jordan Love hasn’t shown the promise thus far meriting the draft pick and trade up for it. If they want to keep him on the roster then fine!! I really don’t give a flying fuck!! I want a “5 Year Extension” for Rodgers where it frees up 24-26 million in cap space and the roster can be completed to get over the hump and win a Super Bowl and I don’t want this Fucken Fraud GM’s EGO getting in the Way!!

Thats the problem!! Let your QB Walk around in street clothes on game day and run scout team. I could give two fucks!!

RashanGary
02-21-2021, 11:09 PM
Time will tell Brandon.

GB-Brandon
02-21-2021, 11:12 PM
When he can beat “12” out then come talk to me. Until then SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!

RashanGary
02-21-2021, 11:24 PM
I watched love at Utah, a few full games.

1. Huge arm
2. Accurate throwing on or off platform
3. Throws his guys open (shows anticipation and game speed decision making)
4. Competitive and tough to stop
5. Good legs
6. Never had a clean pocket but played really well

Some downsides

1. Accuracy on the run
2. Interceptions from a quick trigger
3. I don’t know what his offensive reads were or how it translates to the NFL so I can’t speak on his mind or decision making

Jordan love has all of the physical talent and the off balance throwing ability as well as huge arm you look for. He has a couple weak spots. He’s a really high upside player. If he wants to be great he’s sure got a chance at it.

GB-Brandon
02-21-2021, 11:55 PM
I watched love at Utah, a few full games.

1. Huge arm
2. Accurate throwing on or off platform
3. Throws his guys open (shows anticipation and game speed decision making)
4. Competitive and tough to stop
5. Good legs
6. Never had a clean pocket but played really well

Some downsides

1. Accuracy on the run
2. Interceptions from a quick trigger
3. I don’t know what his offensive reads were or how it translates to the NFL so I can’t speak on his mind or decision making

Jordan love has all of the physical talent and the off balance throwing ability as well as huge arm you look for. He has a couple weak spots. He’s a really high upside player. If he wants to be great he’s sure got a chance at it.

Sorry! I’m not doing this again. This has all been done many many times. Maybe it’s not fair because you don’t know exactly what I know but regardless enough has been said.

All I’m gonna say and I’m done with Love because there is no sense in talking about him as he isn’t the answer and he has a long long ways to go. There is zero guarantee he will even get there. If you go back and read my posts post draft I brought up a big concern being “Intangibles” and I believe that will determine a lot moving forward. We’re gonna find out that’s for sure if he has what it takes and is willing to even put in the work. If he was forced to play now he would be a “Pick Machine.”

The answer right now is extending Rodgers on a “5 Year Deal” before it’s too Fucken late!!

RashanGary
02-22-2021, 11:19 AM
They must have thought highly of 10 to move up in the draft last year and get him. Can’t wait to see him play.

texaspackerbacker
02-22-2021, 12:30 PM

Favre (HOF)
Hasselback
Rodgers (HOF)
Wilson (HOF caliber)
Derek Carr
Mahommes (HOF caliber)
Mayfield

And now love. Looking at the list of guys taken or traded in Favres case, is a really strong list. Jordan Love is in good company and has a shot at this thing.

There were a few lemons on that tree too hahahahaha.

Zool
02-22-2021, 12:43 PM
Boyle, who is dirt cheap and was the backup last year over Love. I actually like what he has shown in the limited time we have seen him.

Boyle is a FA. Would you stay somewhere that has Rodgers, a 1st round pick, and no money to spend?

Zool
02-22-2021, 12:44 PM

Also, 4 retired 3 times. How many times do you take your ex back before you move on?

RashanGary
02-22-2021, 01:01 PM
Also, 4 retired 3 times. How many times do you take your ex back before you move on?

I’ve always thought favre just wanted out of the offseason structure. He did that every year just long enough to be able to swoop in for the tc and preseason.

GB-Brandon
02-22-2021, 01:46 PM
There is “NO STORY” HERE!!!

Sure, if Love came into camp and and created all this “Buzz” and grasping the playbook with HARD WORK and the ball was exploding out of his arm and throwing dimes all over Nitschke Filed coupled with Rodgers going out there and struggling in year two of playing in this system then I could see the transfer process and would even support it and say I was wrong.

The EXACT OPPOSITE of all this happened though and in MASSIVE FORCE!!!!!

“THE ONLY STORY NOW” is for Gute to do the right thing and help get this CiTY & FRANCHISE & FANBASE a WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP and swallow his PRIDE a little. That’s It!!

RashanGary
02-22-2021, 01:53 PM
You know it all, Brandon. Why do we have these discussions?

GB-Brandon
02-22-2021, 02:17 PM
You know it all, Brandon. Why do we have these discussions?

It’s not just me. I’m not the only person saying this and some kind of Wild Minority Here. The “Local Dialogue” wants nothing of this removal of Rodgers or another half measured attempt at a run or a leveraged maneuver with Jordan Love.

The majority want JJ Watt and a Real No.2 Receiver etc. They want Rodgers here for awhile too!!! I don’t know one person(Not saying there isn’t one) that is on this “Jordan Love Train” like you are. And the one’s that I know that we’re kind of are completely off it after this last season!!!

It’s not so much “I Have All The Answers.” It’s more that it’s “Clear As Day” what needs to be done moving forward. The Packers are the one’s that keep trying to show everyone they are smarter then everyone else RG!! They are the one’s that continue to “Double Down” on dumb ideas and mistakes!! Probably why we are 0-4 in NFC Champ Games!!

GB-Brandon
02-22-2021, 02:32 PM
The same people that say we can’t get player AB & C in free agency and then talk about the salary cap are the same people that aren’t overly excited I noticed about giving Rodgers a 5 year extension to make it possible get player AB & C. Even after Rodgers just had an MVP Season. I find that to be very very interesting!!!

These people say continuously “It Just Isn’t Possible to do these types of things” and yet there is a way and that way is to leverage the $ on the best player the franchise has ever had which makes PERFECT SENSE actually!! Now some of these people wanna play the “Circle Back Game” again to 2006 with Favre and use the potential upside of Jordan Love to STOP THE MINi DYNASTY!!

Are some of you guys afraid of GREATNESS? Seriously?

GB-Brandon
02-22-2021, 04:36 PM
https://static3.thesportsterimages.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/The-Missing-Piece.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=740&h=824

RashanGary
02-22-2021, 05:58 PM
We all want everything Brandon. Understanding limits is a part of what separates children from adults.

GB-Brandon
02-22-2021, 06:43 PM
We all want everything Brandon. Understanding limits is a part of what separates children from adults.

Yet I’ve clearly “Explained” it’s not a practice of “Wanting”!! These are not “Pie In The Sky Solutions” but very PRACTICAL!!!

It’s actually been a practice of “Stubbornness” & “Ego” that is similar to “Childish 12 Year Old Behavior” at this point by certain people in the Packer front office that really aren’t “Great Football People” as demonstrated. They don’t even deserve to be there or have the positions they have as proven!! Mainly Mark Murphy but Gute has his fair share as well!! It is a failed power structure and system. It NEEDS CORRECTION!!

They have the greatest QB of all time and they don’t know what the Hell they are doing!! Their cumulation of failure to not deliver a World Championship is epic!! Tampa Bay was able to get Tom Brady and win the thing in ONE YEAR!!!!! Tired of Bullshit Excuses!

All you can do is sit there and say it’s “Rigged” and then “Circle Back” to 2006 with some Psycho babble Pipe Dream that somehow Jordan Love is gonna magically crack the code with these Fucken Bafoons!!! Give me a Fucken Break!!

run pMc
02-22-2021, 07:49 PM

Favre (HOF)
Hasselback
Rodgers (HOF)
Wilson (HOF caliber)
Derek Carr
Mahommes (HOF caliber)
Mayfield

You're also forgetting Brunell, Aaron Brooks, and Russell Wilson (if you consider Schneider a Wolf-tree guy). There were definitely lemons in there too -- Ingle Martin, BJ Coleman, Brian Brohm, probably a few I'm forgetting. Matt Flynn falls somewhere in the middle, although I'd say for a late round pick he did pretty well. I'd have to dig into the pick histories of Dorsey/Schneider/McKenzie to see what other QBs they drafted, if any. All the same, there are some pretty good picks there.

Having a very good QB doesn't guarantee a SB win, but it sure doesn't hurt.

KYPack
02-22-2021, 08:33 PM
OK GBB. We get it, we've heard it. Ad Infinitem. Now could you please shut the fuck up with the repetitive posts!. We get it,. We've heard it

Stop spamming the forum.

Wait until you come up with a sane, new idea.

All this other bullshit of yours, we got it.

You admitted they threw you in a nut house, stop driving us crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GB-Brandon
02-22-2021, 08:37 PM
OK GBB. We get it, we've heard it. Ad Infinitem. Now could you please shut the fuck up with the repetitive posts!. We get it,. We've heard it

Stop spamming the forum.

Wait until you come up with a sane, new idea.

All this other bullshit of yours, we got it.

You admitted they threw you in a nut house, stop driving us crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My posts were pretty much responding to RG. It was two way dialogue more then spamming. I can’t respond to someone responding too me?

Geez!!!

GB-Brandon
02-22-2021, 08:44 PM
If anything I was trying to shut the conversation down on Jordan Love and focus on the “Rodgers Restructuring” which pertains to “3 Moves” but RG just wanted to keep pushing it and pushing it!!

I really can’t believe this!!

Fritz
02-23-2021, 12:12 PM
Hey look - GBBrandon just posted twice in a row . . . again.

bobblehead
02-23-2021, 12:21 PM

Is he sending letters to Gutes explaining why we can trade a 2nd for Calvin Ridley if you just frame it right to the Falcons?

run pMc
02-23-2021, 04:58 PM
Hey look - GBBrandon just posted twice in a row . . . again.

The only surprise is that it was only two consecutive posts, as opposed to five.