PDA

View Full Version : Free Agents Watt's next?

KYPack
03-02-2021, 04:41 PM
The Free Agent market will be swamped with a number of players this off season. The recent signing of JJ Watts was a relief to me. The guy is a good player, but I couldn’t see shooting our whole budget on one player. We have several spots that need filling this off season. OT, DL, ILB, and corner are spots that need shoring up. In this post I’m going to go over some CB FA’s that I have noticed over the last few season that might help us.

1. Troy Hill LA Rams 6 years 5’11” 185 Good quickness, great ball reaction. Makes a lot of plays. Can play slot or boundary corner with equal effectiveness. Had 3 picks last year and returned 2 for TD’s

2. William Jackson 5 years 6’0 195. A solid two way corner, good cover man and excellent on the force. Quick and has excellent ball skills. Coming into his athletic peak at 27 years old.

3. Mckenzie Alexander 5th year 6’1” 205. Good against the run and the pass. A feisty guy that likes to hit. Has strong leadership skills. The Bengals will let one of Jackson and McKenzie go. Either player would be much better than King ever was.

4. Mike Hilton 5 years 5’9” 185. Who? I love this guy, and don’t know if he’s a fit in our D. Last year he had 3 sacks, 5 QB hits, a forced fumble and 3 picks. He’s a blow up guy a total disrupter. More of a slot corner than boundary, but this guy will hit you in your own locker room. , iHe will get paid if he was available, I’d sign him to give our D an attitude and an edge.

HarveyWallbangers
03-02-2021, 04:57 PM
I think Jackson will be well out of our price range, but I like him. The rest are solid slot CBs. From what he said in his press conference, Barry seems to place a higher priority on slot CBs. He should know a lot about Hill.

red
03-02-2021, 05:28 PM
With the way our cap is, I don't see us signing much of anything this year

It would shock me

Anti-Polar Bear
03-03-2021, 12:22 AM
Puns piss me off, so I ain’t gonna respond to this thread beyond this post.

texaspackerbacker
03-03-2021, 12:33 AM
We should easily be able to get somebody the quality of one of those and still retain Aaron Jones. Assuming it's true about not re-signing Linsley, we should be able to get two mid-range free agents - a Corner and a D Lineman maybe.

Zool
03-03-2021, 10:13 AM
Unless Alexander made an amazing leap in the last year, hard pass for me. Once Rhodes' play level dropped off, the Vikes couldn't hide him anymore. They let him go when they had nothing behind him and he wasn't that expensive.

Is Jackson going to be too much money for Cincinatti?

Vincenzo
03-03-2021, 11:11 AM
The Free Agent market will be swamped with a number of players this off season. The recent signing of JJ Watts was a relief to me. The guy is a good player, but I couldn’t see shooting our whole budget on one player. We have several spots that need filling this off season. OT, DL, ILB, and corner are spots that need shoring up. In this post I’m going to go over some CB FA’s that I have noticed over the last few season that might help us.

1. Troy Hill LA Rams 6 years 5’11” 185 Good quickness, great ball reaction. Makes a lot of plays. Can play slot or boundary corner with equal effectiveness. Had 3 picks last year and returned 2 for TD’s

2. William Jackson 5 years 6’0 195. A solid two way corner, good cover man and excellent on the force. Quick and has excellent ball skills. Coming into his athletic peak at 27 years old.

3. Mckenzie Alexander 5th year 6’1” 205. Good against the run and the pass. A feisty guy that likes to hit. Has strong leadership skills. The Bengals will let one of Jackson and McKenzie go. Either player would be much better than King ever was.

4. Mike Hilton 5 years 5’9” 185. Who? I love this guy, and don’t know if he’s a fit in our D. Last year he had 3 sacks, 5 QB hits, a forced fumble and 3 picks. He’s a blow up guy a total disrupter. More of a slot corner than boundary, but this guy will hit you in your own locker room. , iHe will get paid if he was available, I’d sign him to give our D an attitude and an edge.
Thanks for this!

George Cumby
03-03-2021, 11:23 AM

Thanks for letting us know.

Upnorth
03-03-2021, 12:02 PM

Sharing this information makes it easy for us to pun-ish in the future if you piss us off.

Vincenzo
03-03-2021, 12:38 PM

Yeah you gotta be careful paying too much to these FA corners. Alexander was a Vikings draft pick who they let go and signed a 4 mil 1 yr deal with the Bungles. I think hes a JAG (just another guy). Seems like all of these guys were making pretty low money except maybe Jackson in his last year. I like Jackson and Hilton. Says Hilton is 5' 9". Not sure i know of many 5'9" corners. Not sure of Hill, numbers seem average. If you can get one of these guys on a cheap deal then they may provide some good production.

KYPack
03-03-2021, 01:28 PM
Yeah evidently I saw a few of McKenzie's good games. He's had his moments but he might be a big risk. The Bengals, in their wisdom mis managed Jackson. Sounds like he will be out of our FA range. Too bad, good player . From the sound of his presser, Barry does have a place for a Hilton type guy in his D. Barry like to play his slot corners at a spot he calls "Star". Hilton is a disrupting sumbitch. Lightening quick, he gets great heat on QB's and will blow up running plays. Hilton is a luxury we probably can't afford.

Was listening to a sports talk show that had an NFL coach on it. He said the next two weeks will be a massacre as teams are going to be shedding FA's to get their cap in line. Hopefully we can scarf up a player of two from this.

More good news as it is discovered that Tank hates puns. Damn, that is all it takes to get rid of the other ass boil on the forum?

That is great news. Can we hope to purge ourselves of GBB and Tank all in the same month?

Anti-Polar Bear
03-03-2021, 01:47 PM
Sharing this information makes it easy for us to pun-ish in the future if you piss us off.

I was a-joking, or at least trying to.

With the Packers being cheap and refusing to 1-up Zona for Watt, how about signing Henry Anderson, the poor man’s Watt? Anderson has just been released by the J-E-T-S.

Vincenzo
03-03-2021, 01:55 PM
“ Was listening to a sports talk show that had an NFL coach on it. He said the next two weeks will be a massacre as teams are going to be shedding FA's to get their cap in line. Hopefully we can scarf up a player of two from this.”

This is especially interesting! Especially cuz the Packers (like all teams I suppose) need to fill some serious areas of concern, and like you said, Corner is one of them.