PDA

View Full Version : 2021 Draft Sleepers

Spaulding
03-03-2021, 12:17 PM
Wanted forum input on players to start looking into. Based on team needs, the following are ones I'm charting prior to the draft (where I'm thinking sleeper being 5th round or later type player):

DE
Tarron Jackson (Coastal Carolina) - raw and a bit undersized for a five technique DE but a lot of potential to work with and has already shown flashes of ability

ILB
Dylan Moses (Alabama) - maybe not an official sleeper but you wonder how far he slips due to the prior injury and if there in 5th or later might be well worth a flyer

Paddy Fisher (Northwestern) - backbone of the defense and extreme effort player. Might have peaked in college but definitely a heartbeat type of player in any defense

CB
Greg Newsome II (Northwestern) - Packer prodigy and could be as good as his old man

C
Jack Wohlabaugh (Duke) - OSU transfer and a bit limited physically but smart and could grow into a solid asset calling out line coverages and holding the middle

T
Walker Little (Stanford) - another stud player like Moses whose missed games due to injury and then covid but could be a steal in the later rounds if he lasts that long and so maybe not really a sleeper

texaspackerbacker
03-03-2021, 12:30 PM
The earlier Newsome we had who was so good before he got hurt was Craig, as I recall. Is this Greg Newsome really his son?

Joemailman
03-03-2021, 01:07 PM
I'd be surprised if Moses lasts past the 3rd round. Someone will take a chance on the talent he showed before his injury. Newsome also won't make it past Day 2.

Trey Sermon - RB - Ohio St. is a guy I've had an eye on. I've seen him mocked in the 4th. He'd be a steal in the 5th.

Anti-Polar Bear
03-03-2021, 01:32 PM
The earlier Newsome we had who was so good before he got hurt was Craig, as I recall. Is this Greg Newsome really his son?

Patrick Surtain Jr, Asante Samuel Jr, Craig Newsome Jr and Mike McKenzie Jr are all in this year’s draft.

Damn, I grew up playing each of those fellows’ old man on Madden. Fuck, my youth has faded.

Anti-Polar Bear
03-03-2021, 02:16 PM
Sorry, Tex; got you to Google Mike McKenzie Jr. I don’t think Mike McKenzie Jr exists. But Mike McKenzie had game. Sherman was able to get a 2 and my favorite Favre backup, JT O’Sullivan, for McKenzie.

Thompson used that pick to draft some Bethune-Cookman safety named Nick Collins.

Spaulding
03-03-2021, 04:12 PM

You're right. Saw the "II" appended and knew that Craig Newsome had a son and for some reason read way too far into it and transferred Craig into Greg. My bad, still a baller though and has the height the Packers seem to crave (over six feet).

I do like Joe's line of the us taking Sermon though at some point. He'd be a nice replacement for Jones and the lightning to Dillon's thunder.

run pMc
03-03-2021, 05:39 PM
Sermon has some talent, his stock rose in the CFP. Wouldn't be sad if they took him. I think he'll be gone by early R4 but who knows. Other RBs I like (in no order) that I think will be available for GB on Day 3: Khalil Herbert, Kylin Hill, Jermar Jefferson, Javian Hawkins. All these guys look like they could duplicate some of Jones' production capably, some moreso than others. I know a lot of folks like Kenneth Gainwell, he might go late Day 2. Personally I hope they don't pick a RB Day 2 after taking Dillon so early; if they did I'd want the Carter kid out of UNC.

Paddy Fisher sounds like a special teams Korey Hall/Spencer Havner guy lol.

RashanGary
03-04-2021, 06:55 AM
I like Jabril Cox. Has the size to play ILB but legitimate safety coverage skills with consistent pass breakups and interceptions in college. I like Barnes, but I think the duo of Barnes being all around and cox being a 3 down player who wouldn’t have to be subbed out in passing situations would be ideal. You can build chemistry with the same guys on the field consistently then.

RashanGary
03-04-2021, 07:01 AM
The last several years it’s been 1 to 3 ILBs talked about in the first round and maybe 5 or six as top 2 rounds. This year it’s 5 or 6 who could go first round and up to 10 in the first two rounds. I like Barnes but would love to have two every down ILBs who can really play.

run pMc
03-04-2021, 06:57 PM
In round 1? Who are the 5 or 6 ILBs? Nick Bolton and who else? I think most of the others will get tried at OLB or SLB in a 4-3, not the MIKE, but maybe I'm forgetting a few players.

RashanGary
03-04-2021, 09:18 PM
In round 1? Who are the 5 or 6 ILBs? Nick Bolton and who else? I think most of the others will get tried at OLB or SLB in a 4-3, not the MIKE, but maybe I'm forgetting a few players.
Possible 1s

Parsons
Zaven Collins
Bolton
Owusu-Koramoah
Ossai
Moses

RashanGary
03-04-2021, 09:24 PM
That’s really rare to have that many in the top 45 players in a draft. I could see ILB or WR this year because of that depth at those two positions.

run pMc
03-07-2021, 01:01 PM
Possible 1s

Parsons
Zaven Collins
Bolton
Owusu-Koramoah
Ossai
Moses

Somewhat agree. I think some of those guys are OLBs, not ILBs.
Ossai, for example, was a DL/LB and is listed on most sites as an EDGE.
I think Dylan Moses is a Day 2 guy (R2 or early R3).
Owusu-Koramoah is a likely R1 but he's probably playing WILL in a 4-3.

I agree most of these guys will be drafted early, but maybe half will be ILB/MLBs and not all are going R1. I think most teams will see too much positional value at other spots (QB, WR, OT, CB) to spend a high pick on a ILB. Felt to me like last year was an above average number of LBs to take early with Simmons, Murray, Brooks, and Queen.

wist43
03-07-2021, 10:57 PM
Fixing our ILB issues is never going to happen.

The organization has too many years of proving they simply don't value the position - at all!! A leopard doesn't change his spots.

We'll try to develop the young guys, and probably sign a minimum wage vet - same as always.

HarveyWallbangers
03-11-2021, 02:12 AM
Newsome is no sleeper. After measuring 6'1", running 4.31, and jumping 40" at his virtual Pro Day, he likely won't be available when we pick.

Spaulding
03-11-2021, 08:13 AM
Newsome is no sleeper. After measuring 6'1", running 4.31, and jumping 40" at his virtual Pro Day, he likely won't be available when we pick.

He certainly blew things up at the Northwestern Pro day. Harv, you think he'll go before #29 though? With those measurables he's certainly appears to be first round talent when also considering his play on the field, but that would be quite some rise to that level.

Certainly no longer a sleeper and apparently not going to last past round 2 and more likely to go in the top 50 it seems.

In replacement to him given his elevation to blue chip prospect, any thoughts on the following potential CB sleepers?

Kary Vincent (LSU)
- seems to have good speed (just under 4.45)
- a little undersized (5'10) and possibly limited to slot

Chase Lucas (ASU)
- decent height (6'0)
- decent speed (around 4.5)
- needs to bulk up a bit but is appears to be fairly physical

Tay Gowan (UCF)
- great height (6.2)
- lean frame (175lbs) and concerns on holding up to NFL size
- pro day April 1st and could blow up if he's as fast as some suspect

Fritz
03-11-2021, 09:54 AM
Draft Sleepers?

I got your draft sleeper right here:

http://www.dolphinstruth.com/imgs/sherm1.jpg

bobblehead
03-11-2021, 09:59 AM
If we want some addition to skill positions without FA, I would target Najee Harris at end of first. If guys like a WR with size, Bateman and/or Marshall could slide to end of first in a deep WR draft.

If we are going outside the first round, its anyone's guess who will be available.

Spaulding
03-11-2021, 11:32 AM
Draft Sleepers?

I got your draft sleeper right here:

http://www.dolphinstruth.com/imgs/sherm1.jpg

Love that picture. Pretty much sums up Sherman's GM performance. He wasn't a bad coach, just a lousy general manager.

Upnorth
03-11-2021, 04:41 PM
Love that picture. Pretty much sums up Sherman's GM performance. He wasn't a bad coach, just a lousy general manager.

He is the reason some arm chair gms could actually be better than some real gms. Him and Matt millen

Zool
03-11-2021, 04:43 PM
He is the reason some arm chair gms could actually be better than some real gms. Him and Matt millen

He was bad. But where is he on the Bill O'Brien scale?

Upnorth
03-11-2021, 06:10 PM
He was bad. But where is he on the Bill O'Brien scale?

He is a solid 13 on a scale of 1 to 10 of suckitude. I believe millen is a 14 with Bob at 16

Sparkey
03-13-2021, 07:55 AM
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/_7OC0YbG2fek/R0rPdDaAWNI/AAAAAAAAD00/TsGIUkEw_kg/s1600-h/mikeshermansleeping.jpg

Joemailman
03-13-2021, 09:15 AM
One guy I like is Demetric Felton, RB/WR, UCLA. He'd be a change of pace RB/Jet sweep/slot WR/kick returner guy. He's listed at 5-9, 189. Draft Network has him listed at #112 on their big board, Pro Football Network at #142.

Pro Football Network has a pretty thorough Profile of him. https://www.profootballnetwork.com/demetric-felton-nfl-draft-player-profile-ucla-running-back/

https://v1.nitrocdn.com/FoWBxvfacnEIKtiWgUZtCcrEUWBnEQkq/assets/static/optimized/rev-8ace887/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/demetric-felton-nfl-draft-player-profile-ucla-running-back.jpg

HarveyWallbangers
03-13-2021, 10:16 AM
OT Dillon Radunz tested well. He's a potential sleeper 1st round pick for the Packers. He has a lot of what the Packers look for in an OT. He's relatively similar to former Bison and current Packer Billy Turner, but he's even a bit better athlete (and Turner is a solid athlete) with more nastiness. He plays to the whistle--which is my biggest knock on Turner. Sometimes, he stops on a play too soon.

Dillon Radunz = 6'5" 301, 5.11 40, 7.27 3-cone, 32" vertical, 24 bench reps, 33 1/4" arm length (meets the 33" threshold that teams prefer at LT)
David Bakhtiari = 6'4" 299, 5.09 40, 7.70 3-cone, 25 1/2" vertical, 28 bench reps, 34" arm length

Not sure how believable these virtual Pro Days are, but it's apparent on tape that he's a good athlete. They measured his arm length at the Senior Bowl. Radunz was very good at the Senior Bowl.

Joemailman
03-13-2021, 10:51 AM
OT Dillon Radunz tested well. He's a potential sleeper 1st round pick for the Packers. He has a lot of what the Packers look for in an OT. He's relatively similar to former Bison and current Packer Billy Turner, but he's even a bit better athlete (and Turner is a solid athlete) with more nastiness. He plays to the whistle--which is my biggest knock on Turner. Sometimes, he stops on a play too soon.

Dillon Radunz = 6'5" 301, 5.11 40, 7.27 3-cone, 32" vertical, 24 bench reps, 33 1/4" arm length (meets the 33" threshold that teams prefer at LT)
David Bakhtiari = 6'4" 299, 5.09 40, 7.70 3-cone, 25 1/2" vertical, 28 bench reps, 34" arm length

Not sure how believable these virtual Pro Days are, but it's apparent on tape that he's a good athlete. They measured his arm length at the Senior Bowl. Radunz was very good at the Senior Bowl.

If that 3-cone time is accurate, that would be off the charts great for an offensive lineman. Bakhtiari's is actually pretty great.

HarveyWallbangers
03-13-2021, 11:14 PM
If that 3-cone time is accurate, that would be off the charts great for an offensive lineman. Bakhtiari's is actually pretty great.

I think only Ezra Cleveland had a better 3-cone drill at the last combine among OL.

bobblehead
03-15-2021, 01:03 PM
He is a solid 13 on a scale of 1 to 10 of suckitude. I believe millen is a 14 with Bob at 16

This seems like a fair and accurate scale. As a coach he wasn't bad though. I even liked him. If we use your same scale on coaching ability, Bob maintains his 16, with Gase replacing Millen on the sliding scale. Recent history MM sits at the normal shitty coach meter of 10.

bobblehead
03-15-2021, 01:05 PM

That 3 cone would be epic for a man that size. Not sure I'm buying in. But the explosive vertical for a big man means its probably really good even with an electronic timer.

bobblehead
03-15-2021, 01:06 PM

I always forget to read 3 posts further before commenting to see if anyone already said that.

run pMc
03-20-2021, 11:50 AM
I don't think there are 32 sure fire R1 talents, but a lot of pretty good talents... Radunz probably rates as an early R2 pick so if GB took him I wouldn't be sad. Of the OTs who are likely to be there after #20 I like Teven Jenkins for a RT but who knows.

The Newsome kid wouldn't be bad either -- they need to draft at least one if not two CBs (barring a FA signing).

I'm more or less expecting them to pick from among OL, DL or CB in their first two picks.

As for sleepers, how about Jermar Jefferson? He's met with GB already and has decent tape. I think he could be a good RB3 pickup on Day 3. I like Felton but I he's getting some buzz and wonder if someone will overdraft him.

Spaulding
03-20-2021, 04:54 PM
I don't think there are 32 sure fire R1 talents, but a lot of pretty good talents... Radunz probably rates as an early R2 pick so if GB took him I wouldn't be sad. Of the OTs who are likely to be there after #20 I like Teven Jenkins for a RT but who knows.

The Newsome kid wouldn't be bad either -- they need to draft at least one if not two CBs (barring a FA signing).

I'm more or less expecting them to pick from among OL, DL or CB in their first two picks.

As for sleepers, how about Jermar Jefferson? He's met with GB already and has decent tape. I think he could be a good RB3 pickup on Day 3. I like Felton but I he's getting some buzz and wonder if someone will overdraft him.

After resigning Jones do you think they take a RB in the draft versus going undrafted at the position given the investment already in Jones and Dillion? I'll be honestly surprised they target the position unless they their board says 5th round talent and the player is still there in the 6th or 7th and thus it's BPA.

Another player that interests me is Riley Cole out of South Alabama. Is gifted physically and you'd hope with good coaching they might be a diamond in the rough.

Also seems that the current buzz sleeper at CB is Robert Rochell out of Central Arkansas. I've no exposure to him and so only list him here as he seems to fit the bill and is a position of need for the team.

bobblehead
03-21-2021, 10:37 AM
I don't think there are 32 sure fire R1 talents, but a lot of pretty good talents....

Agree, the talent pool doesn't ever coincide with the number 32. In reality there are tiers that usually run something like 1-10, 10-17, 18-25, 26-50. Unless one of those 10-17 guys slides to the backend for some reason I really don't mind trading back like TT often did. However, if TJ Watt or Brian Bulaga slips into the end of the round for some reason you grab them. And if a 1-10 slips to 20 or so, its worth trading up. That is why I am convinced Gutes had a top 10 grade on Love. Athletically he grades out much like Herbert. His arm is fluid, strong and accurate. I get the move....sort of.

run pMc
03-21-2021, 09:13 PM
After resigning Jones do you think they take a RB in the draft versus going undrafted at the position given the investment already in Jones and Dillion? I'll be honestly surprised they target the position unless they their board says 5th round talent and the player is still there in the 6th or 7th and thus it's BPA.

Another player that interests me is Riley Cole out of South Alabama. Is gifted physically and you'd hope with good coaching they might be a diamond in the rough.

Also seems that the current buzz sleeper at CB is Robert Rochell out of Central Arkansas. I've no exposure to him and so only list him here as he seems to fit the bill and is a position of need for the team.

I don't think they look at a RB until Day 3 -- unless someone takes a precipitous fall down the board. I just don't see Travis Etienne being there when GB picks in R2 though. Dropping a R2 for Gainwell or Michael Carter would be tough for some fans to swallow, especially since there will be good players available then.

I could easily see them go the UDFA route for a RB, possibly to push Dexter Williams and Patrick Taylor for the RB3 spot. There will be some decent RBs available Day 3, and originally I was assuming they wouldn't sign Aaron Jones. Now that they have, RB is not a strong need and frankly might be a luxury. However, MLF loves having a full RB stable, so I'm not ruling out a RB draft pick.

I would expect they want a speedy back who can do the jet sweeps and run routes like Tyler Ervin did... unless they draft a WR to do that.

bobblehead
03-22-2021, 11:24 AM
I don't think they look at a RB until Day 3 -- unless someone takes a precipitous fall down the board. I just don't see Travis Etienne being there when GB picks in R2 though. Dropping a R2 for Gainwell or Michael Carter would be tough for some fans to swallow, especially since there will be good players available then.

I could easily see them go the UDFA route for a RB, possibly to push Dexter Williams and Patrick Taylor for the RB3 spot. There will be some decent RBs available Day 3, and originally I was assuming they wouldn't sign Aaron Jones. Now that they have, RB is not a strong need and frankly might be a luxury. However, MLF loves having a full RB stable, so I'm not ruling out a RB draft pick.

I would expect they want a speedy back who can do the jet sweeps and run routes like Tyler Ervin did... unless they draft a WR to do that.

Gainwell is an absolute stud, but very small for NFL RB. He runs ROUTES and lines up as a WR. He has insane vision. He is just small. I would love a Gainwell at the back of 2nd or trade up in 3rd.

Upnorth
03-22-2021, 02:48 PM
Unless someone special falls to us (like a tj watt type) I feel we should move back into the second and get a fourthish for it so long as it is an early second. Like Miami for example. We use the second on the best dl or CB available and use the 4th on our next pro bowl tackle.

Spaulding
03-22-2021, 02:57 PM
Unless someone special falls to us (like a tj watt type) I feel we should move back into the second and get a fourthish for it so long as it is an early second. Like Miami for example. We use the second on the best dl or CB available and use the 4th on our next pro bowl tackle.

Unless nobody on their board is left, I don't like trading out of the lower end of the first round as you lose that 5th year option which can save teams substantial money versus the top 10 picks which get the transitional cost.

Probably most important on developmental type players and thus QB's but having that extra year of leverage can be big with any player that pans out well.

Hoping they add DL/OL/C in the first three rounds and then BPA on out.

call_me_ishmael
03-23-2021, 10:36 AM
Rondale Mooore, R4 or R5 plz.

bobblehead
03-23-2021, 10:46 AM
Rondale Mooore, R4 or R5 plz.

Absolutely ZERO shot. He might go first round before we pick. Almost a lock for 2nd round though. If he were there when we pick in round 2 he will be BPA and we should grab him.

call_me_ishmael
03-23-2021, 11:54 AM
Absolutely ZERO shot. He might go first round before we pick. Almost a lock for 2nd round though. If he were there when we pick in round 2 he will be BPA and we should grab him.

I could be wrong, but I sincerely doubt it. There aren't a lot of 5'7" players in the NFL and their track record isn't great. This guy is Percy Harvin but 4" shorter.

bobblehead
03-24-2021, 10:02 AM
I could be wrong, but I sincerely doubt it. There aren't a lot of 5'7" players in the NFL and their track record isn't great. This guy is Percy Harvin but 4" shorter.

I don't like the idea of spending a 1/2 on a guy his size, but the talking heads around the devy community have him anywhere from 3rd to 6th best WR in this draft. Some stupid GM will draft him before the 3rd for sure. Some GM enamored by 40 times....OMG WE MIGHT END UP WITH HIM!!!

cheesner
03-25-2021, 08:11 PM

I haven't posted here in like a long time. Funny this is the first thread and this picture is still being used. Classic!

cheesner
03-25-2021, 08:19 PM
As far as sleepers, there are so many. With the missing season for many and no combine? Lots of players out there who will blossom after being picked late.

Ot Walker Little. Missed 2 years. Wi need to sit 1 or 2 yrs
WR Sage Surrett
WR Jhamon Ausbon
CB Sevyn Banks. Hidden on the bench with little opportunity at Ohio but has all the tools
CB Tay Gowan. Looked amazing 2 years ago
TE Tre McKitty. Not used much
WR Seth Williams. Strong hands great possession guy
RB Demetric Felton can play wr or rb. Would be fun
CB Shaun Jolly. Probably too short
CB Elijah Blades

Fritz
03-26-2021, 10:07 AM
I think it'd be fun if Gutes drafted an All-Packer-Name team.

Newsome in the first round.

Shaun Jolly later on.

If there's a defensive lineman named "Favre" out there, draft him, too.

bobblehead
03-29-2021, 10:18 AM
As far as sleepers, there are so many. With the missing season for many and no combine? Lots of players out there who will blossom after being picked late.

Ot Walker Little. Missed 2 years. Wi need to sit 1 or 2 yrs
WR Sage Surrett
WR Jhamon Ausbon
CB Sevyn Banks. Hidden on the bench with little opportunity at Ohio but has all the tools
CB Tay Gowan. Looked amazing 2 years ago
TE Tre McKitty. Not used much
WR Seth Williams. Strong hands great possession guy
RB Demetric Felton can play wr or rb. Would be fun
CB Shaun Jolly. Probably too short
CB Elijah Blades

Welcome back. And I agree that there will be a lot of steals later due to no combine. That is a good argument for NOT trading our 4ths to move up.

Joemailman
03-29-2021, 11:16 AM
I think it'd be fun if Gutes drafted an All-Packer-Name team.

Newsome in the first round.

Shaun Jolly later on.

If there's a defensive lineman named "Favre" out there, draft him, too.

Kyle (Elijah) Pitts
Jayvee (Don) Horn
Zaven (Nick) Collins
Najee (Al) Harris
Wyatt (Willie) Davis
Tevin (Elgton) Jenkins
Terrace (Torrance) Marshall
Javon (Johnny) Holland
Amon-Ra (EQ) St. Brown
Aaron (David) Robinson
Michael (Jim) Carter
Ambry (Joey) Thomas
Nico (Nick) Collins
Jermar (John) Jefferson
Jack (John) Anderson
Amari (Aaron) Rodgers

Fritz
03-29-2021, 01:43 PM
Kyle (Elijah) Pitts
Jayvee (Don) Horn
Zaven (Nick) Collins
Najee (Al) Harris
Wyatt (Willie) Davis
Tevin (Elgton) Jenkins
Terrace (Torrance) Marshall
Javon (Johnny) Holland
Amon-Ra (EQ) St. Brown
Aaron (David) Robinson
Michael (Jim) Carter
Ambry (Joey) Thomas
Nico (Nick) Collins
Jermar (John) Jefferson
Jack (John) Anderson
Amari (Aaron) Rodgers

Anyone who remembers Torrance Marshall is a friend of mine.

Joe, were you around when supposedly Torrance Marshall's girlfriend was on the Rats site?

Joemailman
03-29-2021, 01:54 PM
Anyone who remembers Torrance Marshall is a friend of mine.

Joe, were you around when supposedly Torrance Marshall's girlfriend was on the Rats site?

That was maybe the strangest Packerrats thread of all time. And that's saying something.

Edit: That was actually at JSO. Marshall played for Packers 2001-2004. Packerrats started in 2006.

Fritz
03-30-2021, 11:12 AM
Oh, that's right. I'll be damned.

And that was some weird, weird shizz.

A few years later, I think Mad got one of the Packers' players, a tight end named David Martin, to look at the site. I did not know he was reading 'Rats, and I made some typical smart-ass comment about him, or a girlfriend, or something, and Mad had to smack me down.

run pMc
03-30-2021, 03:23 PM

Agree with you bobble. Would be very surprised if he's there on Day 3.
I also agree with call_me_ishmael in the rounds I'd look at taking him though. I would be extremely nervous about spending a R1 or R2 pick on a 5'7" player. He's basically a better version of Trindon Holliday, or maybe a Tarik Cohen. They can be useful players in limited/gadget roles, but if you think they are going to stay healthy you're dreaming.

Would you rather take Rondale or the Toney kid from Florida?

bobblehead
03-31-2021, 10:48 AM
Agree with you bobble. Would be very surprised if he's there on Day 3.
I also agree with call_me_ishmael in the rounds I'd look at taking him though. I would be extremely nervous about spending a R1 or R2 pick on a 5'7" player. He's basically a better version of Trindon Holliday, or maybe a Tarik Cohen. They can be useful players in limited/gadget roles, but if you think they are going to stay healthy you're dreaming.

Would you rather take Rondale or the Toney kid from Florida?

He's listed at 5'9" but I agree that is generous. I also agree I don't want him. I don't value tiny twitchy guys that much.

texaspackerbacker
03-31-2021, 01:11 PM
I'd rather have Cordelle Patterson as our solution for a kick returner and 5th or 6th WR and 3rd RB, but I like Rondale Moore and other small fast guys like him. As I've said more times than I care to think about, we do NOT need a WR, but the only kind we maybe could use is somebody like Moore - primarily a kick returner. I never had a high opinion of Tyler Ervin - he only looked good because others stunk so much as returners. I had high hopes for Tavon Austin, but he bombed out. Somebody like that, though, can be a game-changer if he really is a breakaway threat.

run pMc
03-31-2021, 03:22 PM
Patterson wouldn't be a bad 1 year addition, and I agree he could play a role as at KR and jet sweep guy. Depends on the contract.
Honestly, I could see them waiting until after the draft to make a decision; they might feel ok drafting someone to do fill this role.

I think they have bigger holes on the roster than WR, but I do think they need to make some changes at WR. Malik Taylor and ESB being at the end of the bench aren't giving you much and I'm not sure how much more upside there is with them. Maybe they will surprise, but at this point I'm pessimistic. With every WR on the roster being a FA after the year -- I do think they'll extend Adams -- they will want to draft and develop some new talent.

Rodgers is a great QB but it helps to have good players to throw to, or to beat coverage and make plays when things break down. I think they can take a Day 3 flyer (or two) on someone to learn the offense and return kicks in the meantime.

As for RB3 they might spend a late pick but I doubt even Gute is crazy enough to spend a high round pick on a RB in consecutive years unless it's someone who drops like a stone and the value is too great.

I do agree that if Patterson is still out there post-draft he would be worth bringing in.

call_me_ishmael
04-04-2021, 09:39 PM
He's listed at 5'9" but I agree that is generous. I also agree I don't want him. I don't value tiny twitchy guys that much.

He measured at 5'7" at his pro day though. Crazy short!