PDA

View Full Version : F it :)

Tony Oday
09-13-2006, 03:28 PM
F it GO TT AND THE GBP!!!!

Whatever we may suck but we can drink more beer!

gbpackfan
09-13-2006, 03:32 PM
Gado may have been a feel good story but that was about it. He never showed much in the preseason and he was probably THE WORST KR MAN IN THE LEAGUE. There was story after story written about how Gado was over-thinking and wasn't getting the zone blocking scheme style of running. Morency is also a better option catching the ball out of the backfield. He is the change of pace back we need.

Morency is the Texans #1 KR and will be an upgrade there. He is also the Texans #2 RB and Gado is our #3 RB. An upgrade there as well. If you ask me, TT made this team better by doing this trade.

Good work TT! Keep up to good work. You have upgraded our RB corp and are kick return game all in one week! NICE JOB!

MJZiggy
09-13-2006, 03:32 PM
Perhaps we should verify that it's true first? Something seems off about it to me.

jack's smirking revenge
09-13-2006, 03:34 PM
Fan favorite? Come on. The guy had a good half of a season. He was a serviceable RB for a few games and had a feel-good story, but how about we take a look at Morency and see what he can do before we berate TT for making a move? It's not like we traded Driver away. We traded away an RB that may not work well in our zone-blocking system. He didn't look very effective last weekend.

Just suggesting patience. At least TT is trying.

tyler

retailguy
09-13-2006, 03:35 PM
Perhaps we should verify that it's true first? Something seems off about it to me.

It's posted on JSO, pft, kffl, and rotowire.

Not on the major sites yet.

LEWCWA
09-13-2006, 03:35 PM
I agree TT is starting to look like an ego maniac, without a brain! He is taking this team down the shitter!

Tony Oday
09-13-2006, 03:37 PM
I hear Favre drives a ford truck with a dent in the side!

pbmax
09-13-2006, 03:38 PM
I agree TT is starting to look like an ego maniac, without a brain! He is taking this team down the shitter!
How is it egomanical for Thompson to trade a player HIS pro and scouting dept recommended to him mid-season?

Cobra Kai
09-13-2006, 03:39 PM
Oh and I agree Gado was nothing that special but for m it was the straw that broke the camels back...

If he was nothing special, why get do upset???

MJZiggy
09-13-2006, 03:40 PM
but the Rotowire piece quotes the jso piece which says that a couple guys heard there was a trade. Why would none of the coaches or TT have said anything about it? I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.

jack's smirking revenge
09-13-2006, 03:42 PM
Fan favorite? Come on. The guy had a good half of a season. He was a serviceable RB for a few games and had a feel-good story, but how about we take a look at Morency and see what he can do before we berate TT for making a move? It's not like we traded Driver away. We traded away an RB that may not work well in our zone-blocking system. He didn't look very effective last weekend.

tyler

Just wait N.E. may be offering a 5th rounder for Driver he could be gone before week 6!

Oh and I agree Gado was nothing that special but for m it was the straw that broke the camels back...

Ok, so why if you agree Gado was nothing special is it the straw that broke the camel's back? I don't get it. Morency could turn out to be a BETTER player than Gado. He seems to fit our schemes better, probably has better wheels than Gado.

I know people are emotionally tied to "In Gado we Trust", but he was a 5-game wonder (played in 8). LESSON: Don't get emotionally tied to players. This is a mercenary league. A player you love could be gone next week.

Maybe TT realizes that we don't have enough horses to implement successfully the zone blocking scheme that was put in place. It may have been M3's dumb decision to go the zone blocking route, instead of a power game. So, perhaps we should blame M3 for going away from the power running game and implementing a scheme that is risky and requires a certain player skill set. Consider that TT may be just trying to fix the problem of not having enough players to make the scheme work that M3 implemented...

tyler

Tony Oday
09-13-2006, 03:48 PM
TT and MM are a great coach/GM combo!

MJZiggy
09-13-2006, 03:52 PM
A whole lot of us really liked Samkon. Hell, I rooted for him as hard as anyone and hoped beyond hope all offseason that he'd pick it up. Hoped in this last game that he'd break one for a score, but although I'm very sad about this, the glimmers of hope with him this year were not many. I recall one very good quarter in a preseason loss when there was something to cheer for. I wanted him to succeed. I hope he does really well in TX and likes his new team. :sad:

jack's smirking revenge
09-13-2006, 03:53 PM
Ok that would make me feel fricken worse then because MM would go impliment a system that he doesnt tell his GM about so he can get the players he needs.

You make a very good point. Maybe TT didn't have a good perspective of how effective our ZBS was going to be through offseason and preseason. Offseason tells you nothing and we had a horrible preseason, virtually telling us nothing. Look at who we've dumped so far--Davenpoop and Gado, both power RBs. I think TT's looking at our RB corps, realizing that we can't make the ZBS work with who we have and is trying to fix the problem as fast as possible. He knows Ahman will work in this scheme if the Oline can gel, but the depth won't.

I'm just guessing though. Maybe he just saw greater upside in Morency than Gado, but there really had to be some "need" that started the discussion.

tyler

The Shadow
09-13-2006, 03:55 PM
The team needed to be gutted.
Thompson is doing the tough task & taking the heat.
I support him.
Give it a chance.

4and12to12and4
09-13-2006, 03:59 PM
I think this was a good move on TT's part. Gado has looked horrible this year, and Ahmad proved that he is back full strength. If he stays healthy, our running game is strong. I LOVE the move for Robinson. He brings an electric return game, which is desperately needed, and could step in and be a very solid No. 2 receiver, taking pressure off Jennings. Favre will have more time to throw the ball this week, and we will see the team that whipped Atlanta in the preseason this week. I guarantee at least 28 points, and a win. Mark it down.

KYPack
09-13-2006, 04:01 PM

Sporting News is checking in with the same kind of report "Players are saying.." etc.

Partial
09-13-2006, 04:04 PM

tyler

Just wait N.E. may be offering a 5th rounder for Driver he could be gone before week 6!

Ok, so why if you agree Gado was nothing special is it the straw that broke the camel's back? I don't get it. Morency could turn out to be a BETTER player than Gado. He seems to fit our schemes better, probably has better wheels than Gado.

I know people are emotionally tied to "In Gado we Trust", but he was a 5-game wonder (played in 8). LESSON: Don't get emotionally tied to players. This is a mercenary league. A player you love could be gone next week.

Maybe TT realizes that we don't have enough horses to implement successfully the zone blocking scheme that was put in place. It may have been M3's dumb decision to go the zone blocking route, instead of a power game. So, perhaps we should blame M3 for going away from the power running game and implementing a scheme that is risky and requires a certain player skill set. Consider that TT may be just trying to fix the problem of not having enough players to make the scheme work that M3 implemented...

tyler

Gado was timed running a 4.45. Morency ran a 4.6 at the combine

jack's smirking revenge
09-13-2006, 04:30 PM

tyler

tyler

Gado was timed running a 4.45. Morency ran a 4.6 at the combine

Thanks for the details Partial. Interesting.

tyler

Brando19
09-13-2006, 04:54 PM
I think this was a good move on TT's part. Gado has looked horrible this year, and Ahmad proved that he is back full strength. If he stays healthy, our running game is strong. I LOVE the move for Robinson. He brings an electric return game, which is desperately needed, and could step in and be a very solid No. 2 receiver, taking pressure off Jennings. Favre will have more time to throw the ball this week, and we will see the team that whipped Atlanta in the preseason this week. I guarantee at least 28 points, and a win. Mark it down.

Ahmad? Carroll is a running back now?? :mrgreen:

GBRulz
09-13-2006, 07:58 PM
I hear Favre drives a ford truck with a dent in the side!

He drives a Chevy actually & sometimes the Toyota Sequia (sp?) :wink:

a friend of mine works for a local cellphone provider and was all excited because he got to help on the install of the hands free system Favre had installed!