PDA

View Full Version : The GOAT on Jeopardy

texaspackerbacker
04-05-2021, 01:51 PM
My wife told me she just saw in Facebook, today is the day Aaron Rodgers begins his ten episodes as host of the show.

Joemailman
04-05-2021, 02:08 PM
I guess I have Aaron Rodgers Burnout. Tired if hearing about his girlfriend. Tired of hearing about his contract. Tired of hearing about his golf game. Don't care about Jeopardy. Wake me up when he takes to the football field.

texaspackerbacker
04-05-2021, 04:38 PM
I never cared to hear about his gf(s), not much about his golf game, but I'm anxiously waiting for the team to do what NEEDS to be done about his contract. and I always liked Jeopardy even without him, so absolutely I'll be watching it with him.

red
04-05-2021, 04:48 PM
I guess I have Aaron Rodgers Burnout. Tired if hearing about his girlfriend. Tired of hearing about his contract. Tired of hearing about his golf game. Don't care about Jeopardy. Wake me up when he takes to the football field.

Pft mentioned that if they offer him between 10-18 million a year to host full time, he might just retire from football asap

run pMc
04-05-2021, 04:59 PM
Pft mentioned that if they offer him between 10-18 million a year to host full time, he might just retire from football asap

LOL maybe in 2-3 years; he's clearly still got something in the tank. I think he wants to chase another SB ring, plus he's making 30M+ now.
PFT is making shit up because it's a slow week.

red
04-05-2021, 06:17 PM
LOL maybe in 2-3 years; he's clearly still got something in the tank. I think he wants to chase another SB ring, plus he's making 30M+ now.
PFT is making shit up because it's a slow week.

he'll make about 22-23 million this year, and it will be his last in green bay

its not that nuts when you think about it. he's a huge fan of the show, and they have a once in a lifetime opening to be the host. he can't sit back for 2-3 years and let someone else have the job, chances are the spot will never open up again. like i said, he could make between 10-18 million a month, and i guess you only have to work 45 or so days a year. and he could have the job for 20-30 years or more

its his dream job he would get to do for the rest of his life, if he gets offered it.

i think he would have to really think about it, especially since this will be his last year in green bay

aaaaand now he's come out and said he thinks he can do both at the same time

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/04/05/aaron-rodgers-believes-he-could-host-jeopardy-and-continue-football-career/

RashanGary
04-05-2021, 07:46 PM
If rodgers tries to do both, Ill look forward to Jordan love.

Rodgers was on the McCaffrey show and said the way he played might be changing some time lines. I think he was suggesting the Packers have to think long and hard about the Love transition now.

I saw some Twitter vids of Love grinding at his craft.

It's turning into a drama. I love Rodgers but I'm also pulling for 10.

I'm disappointed Rodgers takes it so personally that the Packers are planning for the possible future. I mean, it's common sense that they should. He really does seem butt hurt. The comments this year seem worse than last year. He played so damn good, he's a little more emboldened.

Like I said, I really pull for Jordan Love. I hope he's the next star QB.

RashanGary
04-05-2021, 07:48 PM
I hope we get at least one more year of Rodgers at last year's level. But he's got a gf and a possible second job. I just don't know.

Sparkey
04-05-2021, 08:36 PM
Watched his first show. Not a fan. His voice is sort of annoying...

Bretsky
04-05-2021, 08:44 PM
I hope we get at least one more year of Rodgers at last year's level. But he's got a gf and a possible second job. I just don't know.

Anybody just think Gutebag just doesn't like Rodgers ? Some locals on espn radio pondered this

I got a kick out of Marcia Marcia Marcia. A couple months ago Marcia was asked and went to bat verbally and said AROD will be our Packer QB for sometime.

Last week he sounded like a clueless penguin like Baffoon. The press, both locally and nationally, were all over this. What a flip from the last time. Marcia Marcia Marcia would just sound better blatantly lying to the GB reporter who put him in the spot with two questions.

IF Rodgers plays great next year, we Gutebag still goes with his Lovemachine............................

Bretsky
04-05-2021, 08:48 PM
If rodgers tries to do both, Ill look forward to Jordan love.

Rodgers was on the McCaffrey show and said the way he played might be changing some time lines. I think he was suggesting the Packers have to think long and hard about the Love transition now.

I saw some Twitter vids of Love grinding at his craft.

It's turning into a drama. I love Rodgers but I'm also pulling for 10.

I'm disappointed Rodgers takes it so personally that the Packers are planning for the possible future. I mean, it's common sense that they should. He really does seem butt hurt. The comments this year seem worse than last year. He played so damn good, he's a little more emboldened.

Like I said, I really pull for Jordan Love. I hope he's the next star QB.

Rodgers said the company line last year; I didn't buy it for a second but he said the right things.

This year he was pushing the envelope. And it didn't sound good. Those who try to ignore what Rodgers was angling for were putting blinders on. I was never a huge fan of Rodgers the human being. I'm not sure how many really are and I definitely think he's rubbed mgmt the wrong way in GB

But I recognize elite talent, and I will still go on record as saying they should ride his train to the end until you are convinced he's in a big decline. Go win a Super Bowl, or 2 or 3, before Rodgers leads Jeopardy.

Bretsky
04-05-2021, 08:50 PM

If he plays at MVP level next year, and ends up going elsewhere, are you keeping the homer hat on ?

MadtownPacker
04-05-2021, 09:12 PM
He is actually alright. I figured he would try to use Trebeks style in way. He is keeping a nice pace and not missing a beat. He is an efficient MFer at this too!

MadtownPacker
04-05-2021, 09:16 PM
Shit he is the most close to Alex style than anyone else has been.

MadtownPacker
04-05-2021, 09:27 PM
Man that final jeopardy was cool.

texaspackerbacker
04-06-2021, 01:11 AM
I finally got around to watching it on DVR when my wife got home from work. He did a crisp sharp job, very competent. Not to brag, but I got as many correct answers as any of the contestants.

Upnorth
04-06-2021, 07:49 AM
If they are willing to film around his existing football committment why not let him take the job. And maybe even levereage it to get him to take a bit less to build a better team?

Zool
04-06-2021, 08:45 AM
If they are willing to film around his existing football committment why not let him take the job. And maybe even levereage it to get him to take a bit less to build a better team?

He's making State Farm money and still wanting more. Jeopardy money would be walkin around money for him.

esoxx
04-06-2021, 12:04 PM
When was Tom Brady on Jeopardy? I must have missed it.

Zool
04-06-2021, 02:16 PM
When was Tom Brady on Jeopardy? I must have missed it.

Heyoooo

MadtownPacker
04-06-2021, 07:20 PM
I guess I have Aaron Rodgers Burnout. Tired if hearing about his girlfriend. Tired of hearing about his contract. Tired of hearing about his golf game. Don't care about Jeopardy. Wake me up when he takes to the football field.Lying ballewasher, probably taping it on your VHS.

Sparkey
04-07-2021, 08:41 AM
So, after watching his second episode, he was better. Smoother and seemingly more in the moment.

His voice will never be as powerful and strong as AT, but I guess expecting that is an unfair comparison.

It will be interesting to see his growth as the episodes continue.

RashanGary
04-07-2021, 04:00 PM
Oh great, 12 might be the new jeopardy host. Jordan Love might have been a great pick that comes to fruition sooner than later as 12 ushers in a new focus.

Bretsky
04-07-2021, 06:35 PM
Oh great, 12 might be the new jeopardy host. Jordan Love might have been a great pick that comes to fruition sooner than later as 12 ushers in a new focus.

or he might be the next JaMarcus Russell who ends up getting Gute Fired :))

RashanGary
04-07-2021, 10:10 PM
or he might be the next JaMarcus Russell who ends up getting Gute Fired :))

Let’s hope Love makes Gute the next evil genius of the NFL. In Gute we trust <3

Vincenzo
04-08-2021, 01:57 PM
Best thing he’s said so far is, “I’m familiar with the role of following in the footsteps of a legend.”
Besides Trebek, what a salute that was to Brett Favre!

Upnorth
04-12-2021, 09:43 PM
Let’s hope Love makes Gute the next evil genius of the NFL. In Gute we trust <3

And this is why everybody love rg. Screw you bretsky!

Upnorth
04-12-2021, 09:44 PM
Best thing he’s said so far is, “I’m familiar with the role of following in the footsteps of a legend.”
Besides Trebek, what a salute that was to Brett Favre!

But I thought he was a shallow narcissist?

Bretsky
04-12-2021, 10:15 PM
And this is why everybody love rg. Screw you bretsky!

oh good; Gutebag has now found somebody to suck on his other ball :)))))

Upnorth
04-13-2021, 12:46 PM
oh good; Gutebag has now found somebody to suck on his other ball :)))))

But they are such big meaty balls. Huge ones! Big enough to take a qb with an MVP on the roster.

Perhaps that is why they hired gute over ball. Gute has bigger balls that ball. Maybe ball has baby balls.

I think work has broken me today.