PDA

View Full Version : Your Officially Endorsed Draft Picks The Pack Has A Realistic Shot At

The Shadow
04-08-2021, 12:17 PM
Creed Humphrey, C, Oklahoma
Liam Eichenberg, OT, Notre Dame
Asante Samuel, CB, Florida State
Trevon Moehrig, S, TCU
Samuel Cosmi, OT, Texas
Teven Jenkins, OT, Oklahoma State
Drew Dalman, C, Stanford
Zaven Collins, LB, Tulsa

texaspackerbacker
04-08-2021, 12:26 PM
Samuel, yes, Collins, maybe, all the others, no way based on position. A couple of higher rated Corners might be in play too, and a couple of slightly lower rated Corners like Calvin Joseph and Tyson Campbell would be good choices too.

Joemailman
04-08-2021, 02:07 PM
Zaven Collins - LB - Tulsa
Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah - LB - Notre Dame
Nick Bolton - LB - Missouri
Rashod Bateman - WR - Minnesota
Teven Jenkins - OT - Oklahoma St.
Trevon Moehrig - S - TCU
Christian Barmore - DT - Alabama
Greg Newsome - CB - Northwestern

jklowan
04-08-2021, 02:58 PM
Dillon Radunz - OT - North Dakota State
Eric Stokes - CB - Georgia
Samuel Cosmi - OT - Texas
Micah Parsons - LB - Notre Dame (I have seen him fall on occasion or trade up)

RashanGary
04-08-2021, 03:36 PM
So far I like

Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah (probably gone well before us)

Jalen Mayfield (rock solid but came in as a 245 pound freshman and gained weight too fast for his body to keep up. He has work to do to really be all he can be with his build. But his tape is really good and there is reason to believe, as a late bloomer, that he’ll keep getting stronger and better)

Pete Werner - I like his physicality and speed. He’s probably more second round though.

run pMc
04-08-2021, 04:55 PM
Samuel, yes, Collins, maybe, all the others, no way based on position. A couple of higher rated Corners might be in play too, and a couple of slightly lower rated Corners like Calvin Joseph and Tyson Campbell would be good choices too.

Who is Calvin Joseph? Google brings up an obituary for a 75 year old guy and not a CFB player. You mean Kary Vincent? OHHH Nevermind - found him - Kelvin Joseph. Seems like a Day 2 pick at best - Kyle Pitts got him benched. I don't want to spend a top 50 pick on a guy who struggles to cover talented COLLEGE TE's...he'll get eaten alive without a LOT of time, patience, and coaching.

This probably means I jinxed everything and Gute picks him.
(in the "player you don't want" threads, I picked Gary and Love in back to back years, so I feel like I should keep quiet.)

HarveyWallbangers
04-08-2021, 05:08 PM
So far I like

Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah (probably gone well before us)

Jalen Mayfield (rock solid but came in as a 245 pound freshman and gained weight too fast for his body to keep up. He has work to do to really be all he can be with his build. But his tape is really good and there is reason to believe, as a late bloomer, that he’ll keep getting stronger and better)

Pete Werner - I like his physicality and speed. He’s probably more second round though.

If you like Mayfield because of his development, you should take a look at Spencer Brown from Northern Iowa. Dude was a TE in 8 man football in high school. In terms of measurables, he is the cream of the crop in this year's class. 4.88 40 (2nd), 4.44 shuttle (2nd), 7.03 in 3 cone (1st), 31" vertical (3rd), 117" broad jump (1st) packaged in a dude that is 6'8" with 34" arms. (Rankings are for the top 13 OTs that I have looked at.) I like these two kids out of the Missouri Valley Football Conference, Radunz and Brown. They are two of the top four most athletic OTs (amongst the top prospects). Radunz is a little more polished and had a better Senior Bowl. Brown is more raw, but he could be something special in a couple of years.

run pMc
04-08-2021, 05:17 PM
For the record, my preferred pick would be Teven Jenkins. I think he could be a plug and play RT. Cosmi sounds like a good fit in zone scheme as well. They might be gone by 29; I think both will get a lot of interest from about #18 on.

Barmore would be interesting to pair with Kenny Clark, but I feel like they'll draft a DL later. For example, I've seen Alim McNeil's name mentioned with the Packers and wouldn't be against that in R3 if he was there. He'd be an upgrade over the NW boys.

Newsome would be ok, I think Surtain, Horn, and Farley will be long gone. Newsome has some injury concerns, but someone might overdraft him after his Pro Day. CB is another one they could take Day 2 or Day 3 (Eric Stokes? Ambry Thomas?).
At 29 if there's a really good S there that's a possibility, I don't know much about Berry or what the defense will look like but he likes 5 DBs. I'd prefer a CB to a S -- unless the S can cover well in the slot. They'll still need a corner who can play outside and replace King/Sullivan though.

Bateman is all over the board, but it feels like he might be there at 29. He gives me a Greg Jennings vibe, and while there's enough depth at WR in the draft that they can wait until later, they still need future reinforcements and he'd be a good pick.

Whatever. BPA All The Way ;)

wist43
04-08-2021, 07:53 PM
Really like Teven Jenkins... agree with everyone else. Likely day 1 starter. Don't think he'll make it to 29. Would be okay trading up for him.

Same thing for JOK.

Like Assante Samuel Jr... 29 might be about right for him.

Don't like Mayfield or Werner at 29.

texaspackerbacker
04-09-2021, 12:48 AM
Who is Calvin Joseph? Google brings up an obituary for a 75 year old guy and not a CFB player. You mean Kary Vincent? OHHH Nevermind - found him - Kelvin Joseph. Seems like a Day 2 pick at best - Kyle Pitts got him benched. I don't want to spend a top 50 pick on a guy who struggles to cover talented COLLEGE TE's...he'll get eaten alive without a LOT of time, patience, and coaching.

(in the "player you don't want" threads, I picked Gary and Love in back to back years, so I feel like I should keep quiet.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3LVBghjrZA Yes, he'd be a stretch for the first round, but I wouldn't mind getting Samuel or Newsome in the first and Joseph in the second.

SudsMcBucky
04-09-2021, 08:15 AM

Or you could try the reverse jinx. Put the player in the Who You Don't Want thread that you really DO want.

call_me_ishmael
04-12-2021, 11:37 PM
I just can't get behind drafting a player from Oklahoma State in the first. I don't see a fit there. Give me the guy from the school with a track record of good linemen. I don't care if he's picked a round early if he is a really good 8 year starter.

Joemailman
04-13-2021, 09:45 AM
I just can't get behind drafting a player from Oklahoma State in the first. I don't see a fit there. Give me the guy from the school with a track record of good linemen. I don't care if he's picked a round early if he is a really good 8 year starter.

There are a few this year. Alex Leatherwood of Alabama, Jalen Mayfield of Michigan, Liam Eichenberg of Notre Dame, Samuel Cosmi of Texas.

call_me_ishmael
04-13-2021, 11:10 AM
There are a few this year. Alex Leatherwood of Alabama, Jalen Mayfield of Michigan, Liam Eichenberg of Notre Dame, Samuel Cosmi of Texas.

Ha I didn't mention the school I now realized, but I want Eichenberg from ND. ND always seems to put solid tackles in the league. Comparing the dude from NDSU and Tevin Jenkins or whatever-his-name-is, I just feel more comfortable with the ND track record and the level of competition vs the other two. It just seems like maybe lower ceiling but also much higher floor. That said, I haven't seen any of 'em so this is purely uninformed speculation.

I would be extremely happy if the Packers were able to address CB and OL in the first two rounds.

Upnorth
04-13-2021, 12:59 PM
Ha I didn't mention the school I now realized, but I want Eichenberg from ND. ND always seems to put solid tackles in the league. Comparing the dude from NDSU and Tevin Jenkins or whatever-his-name-is, I just feel more comfortable with the ND track record and the level of competition vs the other two. It just seems like maybe lower ceiling but also much higher floor. That said, I haven't seen any of 'em so this is purely uninformed speculation.

I would be extremely happy if the Packers were able to address CB and OL in the first two rounds.

I think ol is in better shape than we think baring other unfortunate injuries. I know I was saying the sky is falling a few weeks ago but I think dt is a bigger need than ol. CB dt 1st and 2nd. Then wr in 3rd then ol x 2 in 4th. Then random crap that might stick to a wall after that.

texaspackerbacker
04-13-2021, 06:03 PM
Corner in the first, yes. Maybe Corner again in the second, maybe ILB then comes D Line and O Line in order of priorities - IMO.

RashanGary
04-13-2021, 08:32 PM
Gute suggested in a one on one interview with McCarren on Packers.com that a good number of prospects opted back into school because of covid opt in opportunities. He made it sound like it’s a fine draft at the top, but more shallow than usual. Let’s hope we hit on all three of our top 3 picks and it turns out a solid draft even though it’s shallow.

texaspackerbacker
04-13-2021, 10:05 PM
In that same interview or at least in the same podcast on YouTube, McCarren said he thought we needed defense more than O Line.

wist43
04-13-2021, 10:25 PM

Jenkins is better than all of those guys. I'll be shocked if any of them goes ahead of Jenkins in the draft.

HarveyWallbangers
04-14-2021, 12:44 AM
Jenkins is better than all of those guys. I'll be shocked if any of them goes ahead of Jenkins in the draft.

Jenkins played OG and OC in college. Those guys are OTs. They offer more positional value. Jenkins could have been a better OG prospect than these guys are as OT prospects and still not go higher.

Joemailman
04-14-2021, 08:41 AM
Jenkins played OG and OC in college. Those guys are OTs. They offer more positional value. Jenkins could have been a better OG prospect than these guys are as OT prospects and still not go higher.

Wist is talking about Teven Jenkins. Are you talking about Elgton?

HarveyWallbangers
04-14-2021, 10:39 AM

Doh! :)

HarveyWallbangers
04-14-2021, 10:40 AM
Okay. I like Jenkins. Maybe not quite as much as others. I Jane them pretty close, but I’d probably take Jenkins. I still need to look at Leatherwood more.

Upnorth
04-14-2021, 11:03 AM

I now endorse Jenkins even more just so we get a few more years of this.
Or we start an alphabet team. P and z. E and t.

run pMc
04-14-2021, 04:08 PM
I now endorse Jenkins even more just so we get a few more years of this.
Or we start an alphabet team. P and z. E and t.

I endorse this endorsement.

wist43
04-14-2021, 08:02 PM
Kadarius Toney

Joemailman
04-14-2021, 08:14 PM
If the Packers draft him, the comparisons will be to Greg Jennings. Just a tad smaller, and just tad faster.

https://www.si.com/.image/t_share/MTgwMjAxODU2NTU3OTE3MzA2/unknown-13.jpg

wist43
04-14-2021, 09:03 PM
Jayson Odeh

wist43
04-14-2021, 09:05 PM
Xftybf jutewfjuin, Washington, DT

Would depend on how he's used....needs some more sand in the bucket.

texaspackerbacker
04-15-2021, 01:20 AM
They should have a metric about team needs. Any WR flunks in that one.

Joemailman
04-15-2021, 08:15 AM
Xftybf jutewfjuin, Washington, DT

Would depend on how he's used....needs some more sand in the bucket.

Needs some more vowels in his first name.

Is this the guy who uses the alias Levi Onwuzurike?

wist43
04-15-2021, 11:45 AM
Needs some more vowels in his first name.

Is this the guy who uses the alias Levi Onwuzurike?

Lol... yes, Levi Onwuzurike :)

Couldn't remember how to spell it, so I figured you guys would figure it out :)

wist43
04-15-2021, 02:35 PM
Craig Newsome II

Joemailman
04-15-2021, 06:08 PM
Craig Newsome II

If I had to venture a guess right now, I would say Gute trades up and drafts this guy.

Joemailman
04-15-2021, 06:21 PM
Zaven Collins - LB - Tulsa
Nick Bolton - LB - Missouri
Trevon Moehrig - S - TCU

Bolton's agility scored probably eliminate him.

https://www.si.com/.image/t_share/MTgwMTU5NDg2NDM3MTA3MDMy/bolton.jpg

wist43
04-16-2021, 12:13 AM
Rondale Moore and Rashod Bateman

bobblehead
04-16-2021, 08:24 AM
I am more and more thinking we trade up for Jenkins or we trade up for whichever CB Gutes happens to like the most. Newsome does seem to be most likely. However, DT is still the biggest absolute need on this team in my opinion (or DE, in 3-4 its kinda tough to distinguish). Non edge is what I'm getting at. With this draft, its going to be tough to get a guy you think can impact early as opposed to OT where there are probably 15 of them in the top 100.

Bretsky
04-17-2021, 09:16 AM
Zaven Playmaker Collins - LB - Tulsa
Kadarius Tomey - WR Florida
Liam Eichengerg OT Notre Dame
Dillon Raduns OT North Dakota State
Jalen Mayfield OT Michigan
Caleb Farley CB Virginia Tech
Jaycee Horn CB South Carolina

GUYS I'd ENDORSE; but I do NOT endorse trading up. Gutebag to me has a quick trigger. I'd be a huge fan of trading down. Caleb Farley really intrigues me; elite talent with some injury concerns who might fall into our lap.

Bretsky
04-17-2021, 09:18 AM
I am more and more thinking we trade up for Jenkins or we trade up for whichever CB Gutes happens to like the most. Newsome does seem to be most likely. However, DT is still the biggest absolute need on this team in my opinion (or DE, in 3-4 its kinda tough to distinguish). Non edge is what I'm getting at. With this draft, its going to be tough to get a guy you think can impact early as opposed to OT where there are probably 15 of them in the top 100.

most years I want to see us trading up in round 2 or 3 rather than round one.

wist43
04-17-2021, 10:21 AM
Zaven Playmaker Collins - LB - Tulsa
Kadarius Tomey - WR Florida
Liam Eichengerg OT Notre Dame
Dillon Raduns OT North Dakota State
Jalen Mayfield OT Michigan
Caleb Farley CB Virginia Tech
Jaycee Horn CB South Carolina

GUYS I'd ENDORSE; but I do NOT endorse trading up. Gutebag to me has a quick trigger. I'd be a huge fan of trading down. Caleb Farley really intrigues me; elite talent with some injury concerns who might fall into our lap.

Saw PFF mock draft... they have most of those guys gone by our pick. They had us taking JOK at 29, but I think he'll be gone by 29.

They didn't have Mayfield or Toney in the 1st round.

Of those guys, I'd be fine with,

JOK
Jenkins
Toney
Bateman
Barmore
Newsome

wist43
04-18-2021, 04:48 AM
D'wayne Eskridge

wist43
04-18-2021, 10:57 PM
I commented on some of the OT's earlier in this thread... I should say that of those we might have a shot at, I like Jenkins the most. To get him I think we'd have to trade up.

Behind Jenkins I like Eichenberg. Eichenberg is more suited to the left side, Jenkins the right, IMO.

The others all have warts of some sort. Saw that PFF doesn't even have Mayfield in their top 10, and I agree with that.

The NDSU kid generated some buzz with his performance at the Senior Bowl.

HarveyWallbangers
04-20-2021, 02:42 AM
D'wayne Eskridge

I like this guy. It was like watching a slightly shorter Greg Jennings when he was at Western Michigan. He doesn't fit the Packers size prototype in the MLF offense, but he's impressive. I'm not usually high on shorter WRs (Tyreek Hill is a unicorn), but there are some that look like they can overcome their size. He's one of them. I like him more than Elijah Moore and Rondale Moore.

Joemailman
04-20-2021, 08:21 AM
I like this guy. It was like watching a slightly shorter Greg Jennings when he was at Western Michigan. He doesn't fit the Packers size prototype in the MLF offense, but he's impressive. I'm not usually high on shorter WRs (Tyreek Hill is a unicorn), but there are some that look like they can overcome their size. He's one of them. I like him more than Elijah Moore and Rondale Moore.

Do we know though that the prototype of a WR in the MLF offense could not include someone shorter? The Packers top WR's all were here before MLF was hired. Maybe he's just used what was available to him.

HarveyWallbangers
04-20-2021, 09:40 AM
Do we know though that the prototype of a WR in the MLF offense could not include someone shorter? The Packers top WR's all were here before MLF was hired. Maybe he's just used what was available to him.

Good point.

Joemailman
04-20-2021, 10:08 AM
I like Eskridge a lot. I kind of see him as a faster Randall Cobb. Like Cobb, he's had experience playing positions other than WR which I think is a plus. In Eskridge's case DB. And he has a reputation of being a good run blocker which might give him an advantage over a guy like Rondale Moore who might be too small to offer much there. Eskridge is already 24 years old. Don't know how much, if at all that would cause him to drop. Have read both Bears and Saints are very interested in him. Packers might have to draft him in the 2nd round, or move up in 3rd round to get him.

run pMc
04-20-2021, 10:59 AM

I think they prefer big receivers for the run blocking and well as the catch radius. Lazard and MVS do a LOT of dirty work in the run game, and it's often underrated. Downfield blocking is how a 15 yard Aaron Jones run becomes a 25-30 yard run. Explosive plays in the run game are very important, especially in the MLF offense and play action. That said, if there's a 6'1" WR who can block I'd think that would be fine too. They had Malik Taylor out there and he's 6'2", so is Adams...so they don't have to draft Lazard clones. Looking at the Titans and 49ers, they have receivers who aren't necessarily size monsters... Deebo is 6'1" I think, Aiyuk and AJ Brown are similar.

I think Rondale Moore might be off their list because of size. He is certainly a spectacular athlete though. Anyone under 5'10" might be a tough sell for Gute & Co. There, I've probably jinxed it and Rondale will be our R1 pick...hope you're happy.

HarveyWallbangers
04-20-2021, 11:09 AM
That said, if there's a 6'1" WR who can block I'd think that would be fine too.

Dyami Brown. I hadn't really studied him much, but his blocking showed up for me when I watched more of his tape last night. I've since done research to see what people thought of his blocking, and I'm glad that I'm not the only one who has noticed. :)

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/nfl-blocking-wrs-godwin-lazard-impact-2021-nfl-draft

Why can’t the flow of evolution also come from the wide receiver position, as the Chris Godwins and Cooper Kupps, and Allen Lazards of the world put opposing coordinators in similar binds?

In this upcoming class, Oklahoma State’s Tylan Wallace gets unleashed on crackback blocks and decleats opponents with regularity. North Carolina’s Dyami Brown, a true speedster, rarely gets close to the formation like Duo blockers do, but has quality toughness and takes blocking personally. Wake Forest’s Sage Surratt, who hasn’t seen the field since 2019, has drawn Lazard comparisons for his playstyle and is also a functional blocker. First-round wide receiver Rashod Bateman from Minnesota, who can play inside and out, brings 210 pounds of toughness to RPO routes over the middle.

These prospects won’t see their stock significantly boosted in draft media and the national eye for their blocking ability—but for the teams that need those roles filled, quietly in the war room, they will be prioritized. Like Godwin and Kupp, they may be found on Day 2—maybe even after the draft altogether, like Lazard—and while their names won’t get the burn of early-drafted stars, their efforts will matter to their offense.

run pMc
04-20-2021, 04:33 PM
I wasn't a big fan of the NC WR's, but I've seen Dyami Brown attached to GB or just as a Day2 pick in general. I thought his route tree was raw and his highlights didn't show much beyond speed. College WR's getting a free release and running past a CB from Backwater State doesn't impress me.
That said, I need to go back and watch him again.

I can guarantee that a WR that can't/won't block won't play for MLF.

Upnorth
04-20-2021, 08:03 PM
I wasn't a big fan of the NC WR's, but I've seen Dyami Brown attached to GB or just as a Day2 pick in general. I thought his route tree was raw and his highlights didn't show much beyond speed. College WR's getting a free release and running past a CB from Backwater State doesn't impress me.
That said, I need to go back and watch him again.

I can guarantee that a WR that can't/won't block won't play for MLF.

Pff commented on his willingness and committment to blocking and use as slot or wide. That sounds like a mlf wr.

Fritz
04-21-2021, 02:10 PM
Pff commented on his willingness and committment to blocking and use as slot or wide. That sounds like a mlf wr.

A milf wide receiver? Sounds good to me.

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/36/71/58/367158105fb12b3661c1567a1082078f.jpg

wist43
04-22-2021, 09:28 PM
Couple of Georgia players I like... both could be in the 1st round discussion.

Azeez Ojulari (LB) and Tyson Campbell (CB)

wist43
04-22-2021, 09:29 PM
A milf wide receiver? Sounds good to me.

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/36/71/58/367158105fb12b3661c1567a1082078f.jpg

No bad for a white girl ;)

Bretsky
04-22-2021, 10:02 PM
Couple of Georgia players I like... both could be in the 1st round discussion.

Azeez Ojulari (LB) and Tyson Campbell (CB)

You have endorsed a shitton of players this year Wist; you are getting soft :))

wist43
04-22-2021, 10:58 PM
You have endorsed a shitton of players this year Wist; you are getting soft :))

I think a lot of those guys i mentioned will be gone by 29... I don't usually look too closely at guys we don't have a realistic shot at, but I'm short of time these days and not as familiar with everyone's value.

I think Jenkins, Baremore, Bateman, JOK, and Toney seem like they might be gone too, but I'd be happy with any of those guys at 29.

I think Ojulari will likely be gone, but Campbell might be there.

I don't like Cosmi at 29... seen a few people linking him to us.

Bretsky
04-22-2021, 11:03 PM
I think a lot of those guys i mentioned will be gone by 29... I don't usually look too closely at guys we don't have a realistic shot at, but I'm short of time these days and not as familiar with everyone's value.

I think Jenkins, Baremore, Bateman, JOK, and Toney seem like they might be gone too, but I'd be happy with any of those guys at 29.

I think Ojulari will likely be gone, but Campbell might be there.

I don't like Cosmi at 29... seen a few people linking him to us.

Gute trades up nearly every year; he probably will this year as well.

Assuming you like Newsome, right ?

wist43
04-22-2021, 11:15 PM
Gute trades up nearly every year; he probably will this year as well.

Assuming you like Newsome, right ?

Yeah, I like Newsome...

I think the guy I like the most might be Jenkins.

texaspackerbacker
04-23-2021, 12:12 AM
I'd grudgingly be satisfied with an excellent O Tackle, but IMO, it's far more important to get a hot shot Corner. For some reason, Newsome has gone from being pie-in-the-sky or a trade up target to being a fairly likely possibility at 29. I really hope we get him.

Fritz
04-23-2021, 08:48 AM
A really good right tackle, a really good corner, a really good wide receiver - I'm not picky. Well, not too picky.

RashanGary
04-23-2021, 10:05 AM
Liam Eichenberg, OT, Notre Dame is solid. I’m repeating CMI’s logic here but ND produces solid lineman and this guy played solid ball. He’s a really good bet to be a rock solid tackle for a long time.

wist43
04-23-2021, 11:57 AM
Liam Eichenberg, OT, Notre Dame is solid. I’m repeating CMI’s logic here but ND produces solid lineman and this guy played solid ball. He’s a really good bet to be a rock solid tackle for a long time.

Eichenberg is going to struggle for a couple of years until he puts on some weight and gets stronger... in the long run I think he'll be fine, but there will be growing pains.

Jenkins on the other hand is a plug and play.

HarveyWallbangers
04-25-2021, 02:33 AM
Jenkins is fine. I'm just not quite that sold on him as some others seem to be. I don't see a top 20-25 draft pick. He has a lot of experience, and he's a great run blocker in a power scheme. However, I think he'll be a RT. He struggles with speed. I don't think he's as athletic as he tested. Looks a bit uncoordinated on the move and misses a lot of blocks downfield I think he'd be better in a power scheme. He seems like a perfect fit for the Ravens, and I hope they take him.

The Oklahoma tape was not good. He had a stretch where he was knocked on his ass by Perkins. Then, he completely whiffed on a block. Then, got away with a hold. Then, was completely out of control blocking downfield. The defender looked like a matador. Then, he was out of the game. Not sure if he had an injury before the game, but I hope that was the case.

RashanGary
04-25-2021, 12:15 PM
Jenkins is fine. I'm just not quite that sold on him as some others seem to be. I don't see a top 20-25 draft pick. He has a lot of experience, and he's a great run blocker in a power scheme. However, I think he'll be a RT. He struggles with speed. I don't think he's as athletic as he tested. Looks a bit uncoordinated on the move and misses a lot of blocks downfield I think he'd be better in a power scheme. He seems like a perfect fit for the Ravens, and I hope they take him.

The Oklahoma tape was not good. He had a stretch where he was knocked on his ass by Perkins. Then, he completely whiffed on a block. Then, got away with a hold. Then, was completely out of control blocking downfield. The defender looked like a matador. Then, he was out of the game. Not sure if he had an injury before the game, but I hope that was the case.

I watched one game. I saw him get leany and lungey and off balance in pass pro. I think we’d take him even though he's not a scheme fit, just because he's solid, but I actually thought Mayfield was a more consistent pass protector. Mayfield has some body work to do, but is a natural. Maybe move up in the second for Mayfield if we don't get our guy in the first. This year has some really good second round tackles

Bretsky
04-25-2021, 12:44 PM
I watched one game. I saw him get leany and lungey and off balance in pass pro. I think we’d take him even though he's not a scheme fit, just because he's solid, but I actually thought Mayfield was a more consistent pass protector. Mayfield has some body work to do, but is a natural. Maybe move up in the second for Mayfield if we don't get our guy in the first. This year has some really good second round tackles

I read Jenkins has a nasty streak, which I welcome to our squad.

I'm not sure I'd trade up for him though.

Four guys I keep seeing going in the 20-25 range so I'd give up a 4th for would be Batemen, Newsome, Horn, and Collins. I'm not sure why you don't like him. He was a stud in coverage and statistically he was a great pass rusher. He plays faster than his 40 time, covers well, and took a couple INT's to the house. JS online had some great analysis on him when they featured his all around game.

I'd also really welcome a trade back. And then grab a buy like Eichenberg or the Texas OT after trading back.

I know it's a pipe dream, but I have always loved the idea of a trade back, and then packaging picks to move up with the last pick in the 2nd round. Or packaging the 3rd and 4ths to try to jump into round 2.

RashanGary
04-25-2021, 03:08 PM
I like that too bretsky, trade back for a 2nd and third, then trade the two 3s to get in the back end of the second. Then we get 3 2nd round picks. Even an early 3 would be similar to a 2nd. If you got an early 2 and an early 3, that's close enough to another 2nd too.

run pMc
04-25-2021, 04:30 PM
I'm also in the camp of trading down to like 35, picking up an extra 4th or 5th, and use it in a package to get back into the 3rd round. Most of the guys available at 29 are basically early R2 prospects anyway, and it would get them one more pick in the top 100. 4 picks in the top 100 would give them ammo to address OT, WR, CB and DL (or LB). Gute probably won't, since he's more of a trade-up guy. I don't think they have capital to do much of that, since most of their picks are on Day 3.

I'm not a Mayfield fan, but I haven't watched a lot of him. Only 15 starts and short arms (32 5/8) scares me a little bit; he played well vs. Chase Young but tested poorly, so I don't know what to make of him. I wonder if he'll end up being a really good G.
I like Jenkins but agree he's got holes in his game. With a little coaching he could step in at RT and they can keep Turner at LT while Bahk rehabs the knee. I think Jenkins will likely be gone though. My gut tells me they take a CB/S in R1 and get a OT in R2. I am often very wrong in my draft guesses for GB draft picks.

Four guys I keep seeing going in the 20-25 range so I'd give up a 4th for would be Batemen, Newsome, Horn, and Collins.
Isn't Horn the CB from SC? He's going top 15. He's a really good corner. If you're thinking of Farley, I agree he could slide into the 20's because he's had 2 back surgery and an ACL...but other than that, he might be the most talented CB. (Newsome's had injuries too which is why he could slide).

The Shadow
04-27-2021, 12:27 PM
Exhibit A : It's a copycat league.
Exhibit B : The Packers had to have seen the impact the Tampa Bay inside linebackers had in their games against them.
Exhibit C : The Packers 2 biggest concerns should be keeping Rodgers upright & healthy - and improving a mediocre defense.

Therefore : Either an effective Offensive Lineman - or the nearest thing to a defensive game-changer - should be the draft focus.
There are several OL prospects that would address the first problem, BUT:
The defensive player in the draft who just might have the greatest impact on improving the defense (and the team in general) just might be :
Jerimiah Owusu Koramoah , LB, Notre Dame.

Having him in the middle would help address the countless middle routes that plague the Packers time after time.

I wonder if the Packers might consider a move up to land him.

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2021, 12:51 PM
WR Rashod Bateman
WR Kadarius Toney
OT Teven Jenkins
OT Dillon Radunz
DT Christian Barmore
LB Zaven Collins
CB Greg Newsome
S Jevon Holland

Fritz
04-29-2021, 01:45 PM
Jalen Mayfield is the Dean Lowry of offensive linemen.

If they were standing two feet apart they wouldn't be able to reach far enough to shake hands. That's how short their arms are.