PDA

View Full Version : Reliving the Packers 2009 Season

RashanGary
04-22-2021, 12:49 PM
Lost to the Kurt Warner Cardinals in the playoffs 45-51 ending in a dagger of a non facemask call against Aaron Rodgers

Charles Woodson won DPOY. He had 9 interceptions, 4 forced fumbles and a seasons worth of impossible arm tackles, shoulder tackles, and array of "how in the hell did he get that guy down" moments.

Brett Favre beat the Packers twice as starting quarterback for the Minnesota Vikings. Fans were excited about Rodgers taking a big step forward as a player but Favre rubbed some dirt in the wound, leading his team to the NFCC game where the Saints beat him to a pulp with the famous, "affect the head" comments coming from coach Greg Williams. I'll never for get his limp in that game. It was awful to see him so hurt.

Packers were 7th in points per game on defense and 3rd in points per game on offense

Rodgers is in the second year of his six year, 66 million dollar deal that he signed in October of 2008.

Aaron Rodgers - 4,434 pass yards, 30 Tuds, 7 picks
Ryan Grant - 1,253 rush yards, 11 Tuds
Donald Driver - 1,061 receiving yards, 6 Tuds
Jennings - 1,113 receiving yards, 4 Tuds
Finley - 676 receiving yards, 5 Tuds
James Jones - 440 receiving yards, 4 Tuds
Nelsons - 320 receiving yards, 2 Tuds

Starters
Aaron Rodgers
Ryan Grant
John Kuhn
Driver/Jones
Jennings/Nelson
Finley
Clifton
Colledge
Wells
Sitton
Tauscher

Jolly
Pickett/Raji
Jenkins
Kampman
Barnett
Hawk
Claymaker
Al Harris
Charles Woodson
Atari Bigby
Collins

Crosby
Kapinos

Upnorth
04-22-2021, 03:11 PM
I think this is possibly the best team of the rodgers era. Except perhaps 2020. Lived this season and I felt we would have gone to the sb if not for that face mask.
Our weakest link by far was bigby and Collins was becoming an all pro player imo.

RashanGary
04-22-2021, 03:17 PM
If the packers had moved on from Favre one year earlier, maybe he would have been a little better and won one more title with this years squad.

Joemailman
04-22-2021, 04:50 PM
Halfway through the season, this looked like a season on the brink. Packers were 4-4 after losing at Tampa Bay 38-28. Rodgers had a terrible game, throwing 3 INT's, one a pick 6. He was sacked 6 times. Sound familiar? The next week the Packers were hosting the Cowboys who were red hot. They were 6-2 and DeMarcus Ware was the hottest pass rusher in the NFL. I was at the game. Packers beat them 17-7 with a dominant defensive performance. Cowboys didn't score until there were 38 seconds left in the game. It was the start of a stretch that saw the Packers win 7 of their last 8 games.

RashanGary
04-22-2021, 06:43 PM
Halfway through the season, this looked like a season on the brink. Packers were 4-4 after losing at Tampa Bay 38-28. Rodgers had a terrible game, throwing 3 INT's, one a pick 6. He was sacked 6 times. Sound familiar? The next week the Packers were hosting the Cowboys who were red hot. They were 6-2 and DeMarcus Ware was the hottest pass rusher in the NFL. I was at the game. Packers beat them 17-7 with a dominant defensive performance. Cowboys didn't score until there were 38 seconds left in the game. It was the start of a stretch that saw the Packers win 7 of their last 8 games.

Woot! Aaron Rodgers was on the verge and started to put it together.

Fritz
04-23-2021, 08:52 AM
That was a good offensive line. Even the defense had talent. Bigby was the weak spot.

You wonder how the hell they allowed the Cards to score 45 points. That was an ugly, ugly game. That team seemed to have Super Bowl talent.

Joemailman
04-23-2021, 12:54 PM
That was a good offensive line. Even the defense had talent. Bigby was the weak spot.

You wonder how the hell they allowed the Cards to score 45 points. That was an ugly, ugly game. That team seemed to have Super Bowl talent.

They lost Aaron Kampman and Al Harris to season ending injuries in a week 11 win over 49ers. Might have been a very different story if they had been in the lineup vs Cardinals.

Fritz
04-26-2021, 11:15 AM
Good point. Was that before they moved Kampman - or tried to move Kampman - to a new position? He was so unhappy about that.

I liked Al Harris. Heckuva corner.