PDA

View Full Version : Packers Youngest Team in the League

KYPack
09-13-2006, 04:04 PM
Well, we all knew we were close, but now it's official. I thought the Texans or Titans were younger than us, but nooooo.. The Packers officially have the youngest team in the National Football League.

The average age of the 53 players on Green Bay's roster is 25.57 years. Tennessee was second at 25.77.

In 2005, the youngest team was Tennessee (24.98), which finished 4-12. In 2004, the youngest was Chicago (25.26), which went 5-11.

In 2003, the youngest teams were Arizona and Indianapolis at 25.6. The Colts were 12-4 and the Cardinals were 4-12. In 2002, the youngest teams were Baltimore and Arizona. The Ravens were 7-9 and the Cardinals were 5-11.

The NFL personnel department, which analyzed each team's 53-man rosters for its first game, also said the Packers led the league with 19 rookies and first-year players. Next was Atlanta with 14.

Willard
09-13-2006, 04:06 PM
In 2004, the youngest was Chicago (25.26), which went 5-11.

If our young team can gel as fast and well as they did in Chicago we will all be very happy......next year, that is.

4and12to12and4
09-13-2006, 04:08 PM
We WILL gel quickly because the defense has much talent, and many of these guys are in the second year of the same scheme. Our run defense is very good, and our pass defense will get better and better when these guys learn to play with one another. Offensively, we have all the tools except the o-line. As soon as our line begins to gel, we will start dominating people.

KYPack
09-13-2006, 04:30 PM
Fosco is on it today.

The new trade makes our ave 25.66 yrs, still .11 yr's younger than the Tennessee Tuxedo's.

HarveyWallbangers
09-13-2006, 05:30 PM
How old is Morency? I would have thought he's the same age or a year younger than Gado.

falco
09-13-2006, 05:33 PM
This team is going to get a whole lot younger next year when Favre, Davis, and Henderson all retire. :shock:

Willard
09-13-2006, 05:53 PM
How old is Morency? I would have thought he's the same age or a year younger than Gado.

He is already 26 (b. 1980). He spent 4 years in minor league baseball according to another 'Rat.

Kiwon
09-13-2006, 07:00 PM
Well, we all knew we were close, but now it's official. I thought the Texans or Titans were younger than us, but nooooo.. The Packers officially have the youngest team in the National Football League.

The average age of the 53 players on Green Bay's roster is 25.57 years.

Peachy, just peachy. :roll:

wist43
09-13-2006, 08:18 PM
It's one thing to be young - it's quite another to be putrid.

I liked TT's last draft, but you simply can't plug that many rookies into critical positions and expect to field a team that is even remotely competitive.

Most of us expected the Packers to stink on ice this year, but I really don't see where that was necessary. How difficult would it have been to sign a couple of veteran OL who were near the end, but still had a year or two left in them, while the young guys developed??? Wolf did it, and it worked very well. TT seems to have a serious character flaw that precludes him from building upon anything that isn't of his own creation.

He literally ran the teams two best players out of town (Wahle and Walker) and now the Packers can't even field an NFL calibur offensive line or WR corp - the blame for that rests squarely with TT.

Beyond that, TT is really going out on a limb with Koren Robinson. If this guy goes speeding up Lombardi Ave after going on a bender, not only will Robinson be gone, TT may be gone as well.

Overall, TT has done an absolutely horrible job as GM; and, if they aren't sniffing 8-8 by 2008 he'll be gone, and we'll be right back at the drawing board with new coaches, new schemes, and new players.

It could be a very, very, very long time before "The Pack is Back".