PDA

View Full Version : Official 2021 Packerrats Draft Contest.

Joemailman
04-24-2021, 11:26 AM
The Premise:

Pick 10 players you think the Packers might draft this year and what round you think they'll go in. Whoever racks up the most points, wins.

Scoring:

Points will be awarded according to the round the player was taken in, since predictions are proportionally more difficult in the later rounds. One additional point will be added if the round prediction is correct. For Example:

If you predict the Packers will take Greg Newsome in the 1st round, and that happens, you get 2 points, 1 point for picking a 1st round pick, and 1 point for getting the right round.

If you predict the Packers will take Dyami Brown in the 2nd round, but the Packers take him in the 3rd round, you will get 3 points for getting a 3rd round pick, but will not get the extra 1 point for getting the round right.

Feel free to update your picks until the draft starts.

Joemailman
04-24-2021, 11:37 AM
1. Greg Newsome - CB
1. Tevin Jenkins - OT - Okla St.
1. Zaven Collins - LB - Tulsa
1. Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah - LB - Notre Dame
2. Asante Samuel - CB - Fla St
2. Dillon Radunz - OT - N.D. State
2. Liam Eichenberg - OT - Notre Dame
2. D'Wayne Eskridge - WR - W. Michigan
3. Dyami Brown - WR - No. Carolina
3. Alim McNeill - DT - N.C. State

The Shadow
04-24-2021, 01:22 PM
1. Sam Cosmi -OT - Texas
1. Liam Eichenberg - OT - ND
1. Creed Humphrey - C - OK
1. Asante Samuel - CB - Florida State
1. Trevon Moehrig - S - TCU
2. Rondale Moore - WR - Purdue
2. Brady Christensen - OT - Brigham Young
2. Drew Dalman - C - Stanford
2. D'Wayne Eskridge -WE - W. Michigan
3. Pete Werner -LB - Ohio State

RashanGary
04-24-2021, 02:05 PM
It's amazing that we always get someone who nails a 5th round odd ball and takes home the bacon. I don't know if ive ever predicted a player other than Jermichael Finley and I don't even think I did it in the actual thread so it doesn't even count.

RashanGary
04-24-2021, 02:17 PM
1. JOK
1. Liam Eichenberg
1. Greg Newsome
2. Pete Werner
2. Jalen Mayfield
2. Rondale Moore
I'll add to it as McGinn comes out with the rest of the scouts reports

wthigoot
04-24-2021, 02:42 PM
1 Jamin Davis ILB 6-3 234 Kentucky
2 Rondale Moore WR 5-7 180 Purdue
3 Paulson Adebo CB 6-1 198 Stanford
4 Hamsah Nasirildeen S 6-3 215 Florida State
4 Marlon Tuipulotu DT 6-1 307 Southern California
5 Dan Moore OT 6-5 311 Texas A&M
5 Deommodore Lenoir CB 5-10 199 Oregon
6 Elerson Smith DE 6-7 252 Northern Iowa
6 Alaric Jackson OT 6-5 321 Iowa
7 Jermar Jefferson RB 5-10 206 Oregon State

Bretsky
04-24-2021, 09:27 PM
It's amazing that we always get someone who nails a 5th round odd ball and takes home the bacon. I don't know if ive ever predicted a player other than Jermichael Finley and I don't even think I did it in the actual thread so it doesn't even count.

For years I tried guessing the common sense round one and round two picks thinking I'd hit on two and win

Last year Bretsky advised with Hoody Genius about championships was advised to stack up 6th round options since we had 3 6th round picks and just getting one right would lead to 7 points

Jon Runyan; Championship :))

texaspackerbacker
04-24-2021, 09:39 PM
1 Greg Newsome, Corner
1 Asante Samuel, Corner
2 Jalen Mayfield, OT
2 Zaven Collins, ILB
3 Hamsah Nasirildeen, S
4 Walker Little, OT
5 Elijah Moore, WR/returner
7 Isaiahh Loudermilk, D Line
4 Calvin Joseph, Corner
2 Creed Humphrey, Center

RashanGary
04-24-2021, 10:23 PM
For years I tried guessing the common sense round one and round two picks thinking I'd hit on two and win

Last year Bretsky advised with Hoody Genius about championships was advised to stack up 6th round options since we had 3 6th round picks and just getting one right would lead to 7 points

Jon Runyan; Championship :))

Exactly. I cant compete with this. I lose every year. I give up.

run pMc
04-25-2021, 11:24 AM
1. Trevon Moehrig, S
1. Rashod Bateman, WR
2. Samuel Cosmi, OT
2. Dillon Radunz, OT
2. Alim McNeill, DL
3. Nico Collins, WR
4. Ambry Thomas, CB
5. Jack Anderson, C/G
6. Dez Fitzpatrick, WR
6. Garrett Wallow, ILB
7. Jermar Jefferson, RB

Bretsky
04-25-2021, 12:50 PM
In looking at these mocks, if the worst case occurs and the grade 1 CB's are picked ahead of GB, and the top OT's........Moehrig could be our pick.

RashanGary
04-25-2021, 03:19 PM
In looking at these mocks, if the worst case occurs and the grade 1 CB's are picked ahead of GB, and the top OT's........Moehrig could be our pick.

I watched morhrig play a game against West Virginia or North Carolina, I forget what east coast team it was but his tackling and phyiscalness was abysmal. He's one of the guys I really don't want. Savage isn't big but at least he hits and plays physical. I'm really against Moehrig.

run pMc
04-25-2021, 04:16 PM
Not saying I'm in favor of it; just think it's a direction they could easily go. Moehrig is a consensus top 20 pick who might slide because he's a safety. Not 100% sure what defense Barry will roll out, but he'd be a good fit as the 3rd safety or "star" defender, or even in the slot because he's taken lots of snaps there.
Mostly I'm listing him because I think they need help at OT/WR/CB (and DL, but that's another story), and technically he's none of those which would fit Gute's MO of picking players that make me think he's fan-trolling.

Bretsky
04-25-2021, 04:32 PM
Not saying I'm in favor of it; just think it's a direction they could easily go. Moehrig is a consensus top 20 pick who might slide because he's a safety. Not 100% sure what defense Barry will roll out, but he'd be a good fit as the 3rd safety or "star" defender, or even in the slot because he's taken lots of snaps there.
Mostly I'm listing him because I think they need help at OT/WR/CB (and DL, but that's another story), and technically he's none of those which would fit Gute's MO of picking players that make me think he's fan-trolling.

What do you mean by consensus top 20 ? I'm looking over a top of mock drafts. I don't see him in any top 20's.

run pMc
04-25-2021, 05:16 PM
What do you mean by consensus top 20 ? I'm looking over a top of mock drafts. I don't see him in any top 20's.

Correction: top 25. The Athletic's Consensus Big Board (which is basically where they aggregate & average all the mock drafts from other sites) has him at #21 I believe, meaning that on average that's about where he's ranked or expected to be drafted. He's basically the top safety.

RashanGary
04-25-2021, 05:18 PM
I watched that full game. I'll be shocked if he goes in the first round. It was ugly. Not even a good player in college that day. I'm biased cuz I probably watched his worst game.

Joemailman
04-25-2021, 05:28 PM
I watched that full game. I'll be shocked if he goes in the first round. It was ugly. Not even a good player in college that day. I'm biased cuz I probably watched his worst game.

I think you saw his worst game. One negative he has according to scouting reports is he's sometimes out of control with his tackling. I suspect that's what you saw. I'm on the fence right now as to whether to add him to my list of 10.

Bretsky
04-25-2021, 06:40 PM
You better add him Joe; he's a guy I don't reallly want.

That improves your odds

jklowan
04-26-2021, 10:37 AM
Round 1
1: Christian Darrisaw

Round 2
2: Levi Onwuzurike
2: Asante Samuel
2: Greg Newsome II
2: Samuel Cosmi

Round 3
3: Alim Mcneil
3: Amari Rodgers
3: Pete Werner

Round 5
5: Jermar Jefferson

Round 6
6: Josh Imatorbhebhe

RashanGary
04-27-2021, 01:20 PM
1. JOK
1. Liam Eichenberg
1. Greg Newsome
2. Pete Werner
2. Jalen Mayfield
2. Rondale Moore
3. Chazz surratt
3. Larry Borram
4. Dylan Moses
4. Quinn Meinerz

Joemailman
04-28-2021, 09:36 PM
Bump.

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2021, 10:39 PM
1. Greg Newsome - CB
1. Tevin Jenkins - OT - Okla St.
1. Zaven Collins - LB - Tulsa
1. Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah - LB - Notre Dame
2. Asante Samuel - CB - Fla St
2. Dillon Radunz - OT - N.D. State
2. Liam Eichenberg - OT - Notre Dame
2. D'Wayne Eskridge - WR - W. Michigan
3. Dyami Brown - WR - No. Carolina
3. Alim McNeill - DT - N.C. State

Stealing all my guys, huh? :)

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2021, 10:49 PM
1 OT Dillon Radunz, NDSU
1 S Jevon Holland, Oregon
2 WR Dyami Brown, North Carolina
2 OT Walker Little, Stanford
2 LB Jabril Cox, NDSU
2 DT Daviyon Nixon, Iowa
3 DT Bobby Brown, Texas A&M
4 TE Tommy Tremble, Notre Dame
4 OL Robert Hainsey, Notre Dame
4 WR Nico Collins, Michigan

Bretsky
04-28-2021, 11:08 PM
CURRENT LIST---Subject to Change

4 Marco Wilson CB Florida
5- Simi Fehoka- WR Stanford
5- Robert Hainsey OL Notre Dame
5- Ben Cleveland --OL--Georgia
5- Tommy Doyle --OL--Miami of Ohio
6- Chandon Herring OL BYU
6- Landon Young OL Kentucky
6- Derrrick Forrest S Cincinati
6 Jonathon Marshall DL Arkansastern
6- Jacob Harris -WR UCF

RashanGary
04-29-2021, 05:50 AM

6- Jacob Harris -WR UCF

Boo! :lol:

Joemailman
04-29-2021, 11:07 PM
Don't think anyone had Stokes.

Bretsky
04-29-2021, 11:11 PM
Don't think anyone had Stokes.

GOOD !!!

Joemailman
04-30-2021, 09:15 PM
No points so far.

Bretsky
04-30-2021, 09:18 PM
No points so far.

THIS IS SHAKING OUT PERFECTLY :)))

Bretsky
04-30-2021, 09:53 PM
jklowan is on the board !!!!!!!!!!!

Joemailman
04-30-2021, 09:56 PM
jklowan is on the board !!!!!!!!!!!

4 points!

jklowan
05-01-2021, 05:05 AM
cannot believe they let JOK go, should have traded up, man I wanted that player moreso when he fell

Bretsky
05-01-2021, 08:41 AM
From where he got nabbed I'm assuming it would have cost a 3rd and 4th to get there

sharpe1027
05-01-2021, 08:52 AM
1 - Eric Stokes, CB, Georgia
2 - Josh Myers, C, Ohio State
3 - Amari Rodgers, WR, Clemson

I'm tired. I'll finish up my picks tomorrow.

RashanGary
05-01-2021, 05:08 PM

6- Jacob Harris -WR UCF

Congrats jklowan. Super thankful Bretsky didnt win :lol:

Bretsky
05-01-2021, 09:08 PM
BUMMER

This may be the worst DAM performance in the History of the Packerrat draft game. Out of all the postgers One person got one of about 9 picks and everybody else got zero.

We might be a bunch of dumbasses and Gutebag is dam genius...........or....................... :))))))

Bretsky
05-01-2021, 09:11 PM

Last year was the first year of the metics; can't win every year RG

Hell I can pretty much be incompetent, and adored and defended by all if I just win one time out of every 15 years :)))))

But at this point I'm nothing more than a FART in the WIND

Joemailman
05-02-2021, 03:14 PM
BUMMER

This may be the worst DAM performance in the History of the Packerrat draft game. Out of all the postgers One person got one of about 9 picks and everybody else got zero.

We might be a bunch of dumbasses and Gutebag is dam genius...........or....................... :))))))

I'm sure this is the first year we only had 1 person get a pick right. This year was an anomaly though with projections all over the place due to players opting out and no Combine.

Bretsky
05-02-2021, 07:06 PM
I'm sure this is the first year we only had 1 person get a pick right. This year was an anomaly though with projections all over the place due to players opting out and no Combine.

I based most of my picks based off of the top RAS scores. It doesn't seem like Gutebag placed the value on RAS that he has in the past.

HarveyWallbangers
05-02-2021, 07:18 PM
I based most of my picks based off of the top RAS scores. It doesn't seem like Gutebag placed the value on RAS that he has in the past.

Outside of Rodgers and the late round CB, most of the guys had good RAS scores. They were all above 7.3+--even the big NT. Stokes, Van Lanen, and Newman were 8+. McDuffie, Hill, Slaton were 7.3+. Myers didn't test, but he'd probably be on the higher end of the RAS score. The late round CB seems really unusual for Gute. Rodgers is a bit unusual. Weight factors into a RAS score, and he's shaped like a RB. Compared to the RBs, he was pretty good.

Joemailman
05-04-2021, 08:08 AM
Outside of Rodgers and the late round CB, most of the guys had good RAS scores. They were all above 7.3+--even the big NT. Stokes, Van Lanen, and Newman were 8+. McDuffie, Hill, Slaton were 7.3+. Myers didn't test, but he'd probably be on the higher end of the RAS score. The late round CB seems really unusual for Gute. Rodgers is a bit unusual. Weight factors into a RAS score, and he's shaped like a RB. Compared to the RBs, he was pretty good.

Shemar Jean Charles (SJC) is an interesting pick. RAS score was poor on size, speed and agility. Good on explosion and strength. Guy had a ton of pass breakups over the last 2 years though. Guess we'll find out if his success was due to quality of receivers he faced, or his ability to overcome physical limitations.

Impressed some people at the Senior Bowl.

SHEMAR JEAN-CHARLES, CB, APPALACHIAN STATE
Size: 5-foot-10, 184 pounds

Projected Draft Range: Mid-Late Day 3

There wasn’t a prospect that came into the game with a stronger resume than Jean-Charles. The former Mountaineer corner led the FBS ranks in passes defensed last season (17) prior to becoming the first first-team All-American in program history since the program transitioned to the FBS ranks. From the weigh-in portion of the event through the rest of the weekend, he continued to turn heads. Playing primarily nickel, he seemed to find a home at that spot. Over the past two seasons, Jean-Charles has spent a lot of his time on the outside, but during the two days of practice, he started as the nickel.

A position that he will likely be forced to transition to on the next level, he proved to have the fluidity necessary to operate in all three directions as well as welcoming the physicality asked from that spot in run support. He also was involved on all special teams coverage units and even displayed his ability as a return man. Based on his body build, movement skills, and playing style, Cincinnati Bengals cornerback Mackensie Alexander was a comparison that came to mind.

bobblehead
05-04-2021, 08:51 AM
BUMMER

I'll take or for $200 Aaron.

Bretsky
05-04-2021, 09:45 PM

In the end Bretsky choked; I had the Badgers OT on my short list and eliminated him at the end. I don't really care if I'm right anymore; but I'd have loved to win this to give you hell again....hahah

RashanGary
05-04-2021, 11:29 PM
In the end Bretsky choked; I had the Badgers OT on my short list and eliminated him at the end. I don't really care if I'm right anymore; but I'd have loved to win this to give you hell again....hahah

I woulda laughed my ass off if you won 2 in a row. But Imma rub it in when you lose too, even though I've gotten like one right in 15 years..

This was by far the draft year I feel.my research is worthwhile though. Pete Werner and Jalen Mayfield gonna be players.

RashanGary
05-04-2021, 11:30 PM
It's all in fun, bretsky, I just like.to talk shit and I'll always he happy if Ya win but ill pretend like I'm super disappointed and boo!

Joemailman
04-11-2022, 01:10 PM
Just thought I'd bump this so everyone can be reminded how tough it is to guess who Gute will draft. Last year was rock bottom. Only jklowan got one right. Amari Rodgers.