PDA

View Full Version : Julio Jones

Tony Oday
04-27-2021, 10:11 AM
https://sports.yahoo.com/falcons-gm-open-to-trading-julio-jones-were-in-a-difficult-cap-situation-030923313.html

I know he is old, he gets hurt, but MAN him with DA, MVS and Big Bob! F that would be amazing.

texaspackerbacker
04-27-2021, 10:15 AM
Uh, nope. Signing him as a low or moderately priced free agent wouldn't be bad, but the article says Atlanta wants to trade him. That means two things: we would have to give up something, and we'd probably be stuck with his huge contract.

Tony Oday
04-27-2021, 10:21 AM
Uh, nope. Signing him as a low or moderately priced free agent wouldn't be bad, but the article says Atlanta wants to trade him. That means two things: we would have to give up something, and we'd probably be stuck with his huge contract.

And? Hey JJ want to win a Super Bowl? AR restructure to help JJ come to the Pack.

Upnorth
04-27-2021, 10:25 AM
You guys keep shoveling, I'll look for the pony in all this bs.

Jones would be amazing but I think between cap space and picks he isn't worth it.

Tony Oday
04-27-2021, 10:30 AM
You guys keep shoveling, I'll look for the pony in all this bs.

Jones would be amazing but I think between cap space and picks he isn't worth it.

If we could keep the same team we have right now and lose two 1st rounders I would 100% trade that for a chance to win a SB with an offense like this could be. How do you cover Adams, JJ and AJ coming out of the backfield.

Fritz
04-27-2021, 10:32 AM
And? Hey JJ want to win a Super Bowl? AR restructure to help JJ come to the Pack.

Trade a pick, count on the mythical "he wants to win a SB so he'll play for cheap," then have to shovel a fair amount of money to an oft-injured player anyway because that's reality, and use up valuable AR restructure cap space to do it?

That's like re-mortgaging your house to be able to afford that beat-up 1957 Chevy Bel-Air that used to be a dream but now keeps breaking down, all in hopes that the hot chick down the street will notice how cool it is and give it up for you.

No thanks.

SudsMcBucky
04-27-2021, 10:37 AM
Jones ain't worth more than a 3rd, tops a 2nd rounder for having to take on his injury history and salary situation. He most DEFINITELY isn't worth 1, much less 2, first rounders.

Fritz
04-27-2021, 11:30 AM
Maybe, but even if it's "only" a third, then you've got to figure out how to pay him. And hope he's not going to be joining Kevin King on the sidelines as spectators instead of players.

Tony Oday
04-27-2021, 11:37 AM
Maybe, but even if it's "only" a third, then you've got to figure out how to pay him. And hope he's not going to be joining Kevin King on the sidelines as spectators instead of players.

Eh the 1st round pick last year we basically threw away with a QB that hopefully will never start in GB, not 1 pick between AR and Kenny Clark is still on the team.

Upnorth
04-27-2021, 12:08 PM
If we could keep the same team we have right now and lose two 1st rounders I would 100% trade that for a chance to win a SB with an offense like this could be. How do you cover Adams, JJ and AJ coming out of the backfield.

The problem is keeping what we have. How? We are not in a good place cap wise and next year is already tight.
The cap space was why I made my pony in bs comment.

George Cumby
04-27-2021, 12:58 PM
Trade a pick, count on the mythical "he wants to win a SB so he'll play for cheap," then have to shovel a fair amount of money to an oft-injured player anyway because that's reality, and use up valuable AR restructure cap space to do it?

That's like re-mortgaging your house to be able to afford that beat-up 1957 Chevy Bel-Air that used to be a dream but now keeps breaking down, all in hopes that the hot chick down the street will notice how cool it is and give it up for you.

No thanks.

Lol.

Truth.

Fritz
04-27-2021, 03:09 PM
Eh the 1st round pick last year we basically threw away with a QB that hopefully will never start in GB, not 1 pick between AR and Kenny Clark is still on the team.

I'm assuming you mean that none of the first round picks Green Bay made between Rodgers and Clark is still with the team. So I did a quick scan of those same years of everybody's favorite example of shining success - the Patriots - and guess how many of those first round picks are still with the team...???

QBME
04-27-2021, 08:02 PM
No thank you.
After playing his career in a southern dome, and now to Lambeau?
No thank you.

Bretsky
04-27-2021, 08:48 PM

Sillygistics

AROD wants an extension and security. That would lower the cap. Gute Don't Wantthat

Bretsky
04-27-2021, 08:50 PM
I'm assuming you mean that none of the first round picks Green Bay made between Rodgers and Clark is still with the team. So I did a quick scan of those same years of everybody's favorite example of shining success - the Patriots - and guess how many of those first round picks are still with the team...???

Patriots play to win a Super Bowl one year at a time; would you describe GB that way ? Free agency/trades/using all avenues.

Bretsky
04-27-2021, 08:51 PM
Just to clarify I would not go after Julio

But I wouldn't have been picking my ass this entire free agency period only focusing on our own either :))

bobblehead
04-28-2021, 10:32 AM

No thanks.

And in reality you could have left the Chevy on the scrap heap and paid someone even hotter than the chic down the street to give it up for you.

Tony Oday
04-28-2021, 11:30 AM
lol there is literally no defense that could stop DA and JJ.

Fritz
04-28-2021, 11:44 AM
lol there is literally no defense that could stop DA and JJ.

Back to your draft pick thing. The Patriots have the exact same number of first round draft picks from 2005 to 2016 still on their team - two - same as the Packers. Patriots have four of those picks not in the league any longer. Packers have six. So your point about the Packers having only two first round picks still with the team from 2005 to 2016 is what, then?

And if this were Julio Jones from four years ago, sure. He'd be healthy. This Julio Jones wants to get paid, though. And he is prone now to being injured. And you're not only giving up cap space, you're giving up a draft pick. What do they want? A second or something?

That's a bad move.