PDA

View Full Version : ONE IMPACT PLAYER

Bretsky
04-27-2021, 09:54 PM
IF you could bless GB with an impact starter at once position going into next year, what would it be ?

I've said forever I want an impact player at ILB
I've said for a while I'd like another impact player at WR
It's obvious we need OL help
And it's obvious we need help at CB

WHICH POSTION WOUJLD YOU CHOOSE ?????????

Bretsky
04-27-2021, 09:55 PM
dam I can't type...or spell...where....lol

Joemailman
04-27-2021, 09:58 PM
ILB. Packers already have impact players at the other positions.

HarveyWallbangers
04-27-2021, 10:04 PM
I'd love to have another impact player at DL, but that's not in the poll. Probably CB.

Bretsky
04-27-2021, 10:07 PM
DANG I SHOULD HAVE ADDED AN OTHER

RashanGary
04-27-2021, 10:12 PM
I said corner because with jaire that would allow berry to bring the house abd still be protected.

sharpe1027
04-27-2021, 11:43 PM
If it's a guaranteed impact player, I want DL that's constantly pressuring the QB.

Since that's not an option, I'll take an ILB that does the same.

Upnorth
04-28-2021, 06:44 AM
Guaranteed impact? Dt. But went ilb . I think our d would be a whole lot better if we took out some underneath routes and tackled the runner after a yard or 2.

texaspackerbacker
04-28-2021, 10:18 AM
I put Corner, but I'm more than a little bit surprised that nobody has voted for O Line yet. With all the talk in here about how important that position is, as well as it being basically the only position where the Packers lost a starter, I'm wondering why none of those posters who regard the position as so important have voted for it.

bobblehead
04-28-2021, 10:21 AM
You left out the biggest weakness on the team. I voted ILB because we have needed our own Patrick willis forever, but without giving Kenny Clark some help our ILB will get eaten alive by big OL.

bobblehead
04-28-2021, 10:23 AM
I think our OLine is better than most think it is. Its also the position to have the most talent available to us if we stay at our pick. Guys like Leatherwood and Eichemburg are deep in this draft. This is why I think Gutes will be Gutes and trade up for Farley. Because that is the 2nd least favorite move they could make from my perspective. Drafting Toney would be even worse.

Upnorth
04-28-2021, 11:12 AM
I put Corner, but I'm more than a little bit surprised that nobody has voted for O Line yet. With all the talk in here about how important that position is, as well as it being basically the only position where the Packers lost a starter, I'm wondering why none of those posters who regard the position as so important have voted for it.

Poll specifically for 1 IMPACT PLAYER. So over entire carrer a guaranteed impact ilb would be huge in our team. We have 2 AP oline one AP wr 1 AP CB 1 2ndteam AP edge (z) 1 2ndteam AP nt. 2 pb saftey. 1 pb rb. 1 pb te. 1 pb edge (gary). We have high end players every where but ilb and returners.
Oline group is more important than everything but wr. But for 1 IMPACT player ilb is my choice.

Fritz
04-28-2021, 12:10 PM
I wanted to vote defensive line.

RashanGary
04-28-2021, 01:29 PM
I wanted to vote defensive line.

Keke might be ok, but yeah those defense trenches are where I woulda went too. With what we had, I like the idea of two star corners. But DL is the hardest to find and probably the most impactful.

wist43
04-28-2021, 09:06 PM
Yeah, it's DL.

1265 does not care about ILB - they just don't; and, they don't draft WR's in the first round.

OL is critical, but if everything is working well, you don't notice them. Offensive Linemen are 1 of 5 - the total can be greater than the sum of the parts. LT is the exception, but we're supposed to have that wired, along with QB; but, of course Gute is as likely to take a QB as anything else.

CB is also critical, and certainly more individualistic than OL, but it is largely reactionary.

------------------------------------------

"Impact Players" are better defined as playmakers. Skill position players on offense, and disruptors on defense - dominate DL and pass rushers. That's why pass rushers are always the position group I look at every year.

In this draft, Kwity Paye and Barmore. Further down, there are some guys I like... Quincy Roche comes to mind.

On offense, Smith, Toney, Bateman, Marshall.

RashanGary
04-28-2021, 09:25 PM
I don't like the DL at all in this year's draft. Keke is better than any of them. And Kenny Clark twice as good as any if em. Horrible year for DT. Horrible.

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2021, 10:33 PM
Yeah, it's DL.

1265 does not care about ILB - they just don't; and, they don't draft WR's in the first round.

OL is critical, but if everything is working well, you don't notice them. Offensive Linemen are 1 of 5 - the total can be greater than the sum of the parts. LT is the exception, but we're supposed to have that wired, along with QB; but, of course Gute is as likely to take a QB as anything else.

CB is also critical, and certainly more individualistic than OL, but it is largely reactionary.

------------------------------------------

"Impact Players" are better defined as playmakers. Skill position players on offense, and disruptors on defense - dominate DL and pass rushers. That's why pass rushers are always the position group I look at every year.

In this draft, Kwity Paye and Barmore. Further down, there are some guys I like... Quincy Roche comes to mind.

On offense, Smith, Toney, Bateman, Marshall.

This question didn't really have anything to do with the draft, but nice not so subtle digs at the front office yet again. Wist, unhappy with the Packers front office since 1967.

In the current state of the Packers roster, again, I'd go with a stud DL.

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2021, 10:33 PM
I don't like the DL at all in this year's draft. Keke is better than any of them. And Kenny Clark twice as good as any if em. Horrible year for DT. Horrible.

Barmore is good. I think he's got some Kenny Clark in him. Similar measurables, powerful, good pass rusher for an interior DL. I'd love to see him fall to #29. Doubt it though.

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2021, 10:37 PM
dp

wist43
04-28-2021, 11:19 PM

I agree, an underwhelming group... still, you know someone out of this year's group will unexpectedly blow up - trick is, finding that guy.

bobblehead
04-29-2021, 10:11 AM
I stand by my prediction of a trade up for Caleb Farley. It has Gutes written all over it. If he is there at 20 still, watch every pick for a potential trade up.

Spaulding
04-29-2021, 11:32 AM
I'd pick DL to bump Lancaster out of a starting position as he's the weakest starter in my eyes if they go with the base 3-4. But based on poll options, I'll take CB as King is gone after this year (wish it was this year but at least having him allows us to go BPA and not reach for a CB out of necessity). Two ways to look it at, tight coverage by the corners/safeties given even an average DL time to pressure the QB or a good DL (ala New York Giant SB runs) makes even average CB's effective given the reduced time for WR's to get open. I'm in the latter camp myself.

texaspackerbacker
04-29-2021, 12:59 PM
This is what I think of also when I think of impact player - who goes into the lineup and makes a difference over the current starter. That, however, is why I would take Newsome or Samuel over King as opposed to any D Lineman we would have a chance at over Lancaster. Even though Lancaster is the starter, he doesn't get near as many snaps as somebody in King's position. Also, arguably the quality gap is wider. Most of all, though, a Corner nearly of Jaire quality makes a much bigger impact than even somebody on the Kenny Clark level.

Fritz
04-29-2021, 01:11 PM
This is what I think of also when I think of impact player - who goes into the lineup and makes a difference over the current starter. That, however, is why I would take Newsome or Samuel over King as opposed to any D Lineman we would have a chance at over Lancaster. Even though Lancaster is the starter, he doesn't get near as many snaps as somebody in King's position. Also, arguably the quality gap is wider. Most of all, though, a Corner nearly of Jaire quality makes a much bigger impact than even somebody on the Kenny Clark level.

While I don't agree with your conclusion, you do make a good point in terms of number of snaps played.