PDA

View Full Version : MAKE YOUR WISH---WHEN DOES GOOTEES LOVEMACHINE START ???

Bretsky
04-27-2021, 09:58 PM
WARNING.........POT STIRRING POLL AHEAD that will most likely get bumped years down the road

Upnorth
04-28-2021, 06:53 AM
Sit for 3 years, have an ok 1st year starting record but show some brilliance. Get extended then set the league on fire. Lightning strikes 3 times.
In this senario 2024 offseason is full of anguish and poster fights. Instead of thanks Ted we get goddam gute. And the emphasis of the way we say it changes from anger to praise.

texaspackerbacker
04-28-2021, 10:23 AM
I'm right on the edge of saying God damn Gute right now for handling the situation the way he has and creating this mess with the idiotic draft pick of Love. He can still come through, but it just doesn't look like he is heading in the right direction.

bobblehead
04-28-2021, 10:29 AM
Trade Rodgers for 1.02 and 2022 Jets first round pick. Trade 1.02 back to the eagles for 1.12 and Eagles 2022 first and Dolphins 2022 First (I think they own it). Then take Surtain with 1.12. Take Leatherwood at 1.29 and then get your ILB at 2.29...this is a deep draft for solid ILB according to mcginn.

Upnorth
04-28-2021, 11:02 AM
If love is showing pro bowl tendencies now then I agree with you bobble. If not, bad idea.

Fritz
04-28-2021, 12:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vkjydi6-Y5w

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2021, 01:53 PM
Whenever Love is ready and Rodgers is declining enough that you want to replace him. Could be 2 years from now. Could be 3 years from now. Could be never. I think Rodgers played well enough in 2020 to guarantee himself another two years.

Joemailman
04-28-2021, 02:24 PM
I'm right on the edge of saying God damn Gute right now for handling the situation the way he has and creating this mess with the idiotic draft pick of Love. He can still come through, but it just doesn't look like he is heading in the right direction.

What mess? He has a motivated Rodgers and a talented guy to back him up. Packers might have the best QB situation in the NFL.

sharpe1027
04-28-2021, 02:57 PM
It's mainly up to Rodgers. If he wants to stay and doesn't have a dip in form, they won't take the chance on Love no matter how good he looks in practice.

If Love ends up being a decent starter, it'll be a great pick. If not, it's hardly going to matter. There's so many other important things than a single late 1st round pick.

RashanGary
04-28-2021, 03:42 PM
It's mainly up to Rodgers. If he wants to stay and doesn't have a dip in form, they won't take the chance on Love no matter how good he looks in practice.

If Love ends up being a decent starter, it'll be a great pick. If not, it's hardly going to matter. There's so many other important things than a single late 1st round pick.

This is such better perspective than we usually get. One single late first round pick is a tiny part of the equation. That’s why over dramatizing it seems bizarre. That said, I hope it’s a grand slam home run. It can do more help than harm because QB is such an important position that if it hits, it really does make a huge difference. If it doesn’t hit, half of late first rounders don’t anyway so it’s sort of no big deal. It’s no worse than Harrell or Sherrod or Kevin King if it misses. It’s been blown way beyond that.

Upnorth
04-28-2021, 04:19 PM
Well said you 2. The our first 3 picks last year were perfect to rework the offense if rodgers failed and we could not resign jones who had just finished a near record setting year. Planning for the future is smart.
I pray love is good enough that in 2 years we all freak out over how screwed we are with the switch.

RashanGary
04-28-2021, 05:21 PM
If we draft Trey Lance or another QB, I’m gonna have a hard time justifying it after Love last year.

RashanGary
04-28-2021, 05:22 PM
I mean, one special guy falling to you, you can make the argument he was just too good to not go up and get. Two in a row and that is the straight middle finger to Rodgers. I think you’d have to part ways at that point.

Joemailman
04-28-2021, 06:24 PM
Gute might draft a QB, but it won't be until Day 3. Right now Packers don't have a #3, and the UDFA field might be worthless this year. So Gute's going to acquire at least 1 at some point.

Zool
04-28-2021, 08:08 PM
There was no IDGAF option so I went never.

Upnorth
04-28-2021, 10:08 PM
I fully expect a 6/7 rd qb. Need one really.

RashanGary
04-28-2021, 10:31 PM
I fully expect a 6/7 rd qb. Need one really.

Someone to make da love machine feel better about himself. Someone with a learning disability and bum hip would be a confidence booster for Love.

texaspackerbacker
04-29-2021, 01:52 AM
Gute might draft a QB, but it won't be until Day 3. Right now Packers don't have a #3, and the UDFA field might be worthless this year. So Gute's going to acquire at least 1 at some point.

Sam Ehlinger of Texas in the 6th or 7th would be nice. I would not be surprised at all if he turns out to be better than Love.

SudsMcBucky
04-29-2021, 08:36 AM
Sam Ehlinger of Texas in the 6th or 7th would be nice. I would not be surprised at all if he turns out to be better than Love.

Blech.

bobblehead
04-29-2021, 10:08 AM
If we draft Trey Lance or another QB, I’m gonna have a hard time justifying it after Love last year.

But you have to admit, the message board would be a hoot for YEARS!!

bobblehead
04-29-2021, 10:10 AM
Someone to make da love machine feel better about himself. Someone with a learning disability and bum hip would be a confidence booster for Love.

You want Tex in the 7th round?

Fritz
04-29-2021, 01:13 PM
When they say "developmental" prospect, they don't mean someone with developmental disabilities, but that's all that may be left by the seventh round.

RashanGary
04-29-2021, 01:46 PM
When they say "developmental" prospect, they don't mean someone with developmental disabilities, but that's all that may be left by the seventh round.

Shallow draft. 6ths are like 7ths this year

King Friday
04-29-2021, 02:23 PM
This is such better perspective than we usually get. One single late first round pick is a tiny part of the equation. That’s why over dramatizing it seems bizarre. That said, I hope it’s a grand slam home run. It can do more help than harm because QB is such an important position that if it hits, it really does make a huge difference. If it doesn’t hit, half of late first rounders don’t anyway so it’s sort of no big deal. It’s no worse than Harrell or Sherrod or Kevin King if it misses. It’s been blown way beyond that.

The team was how close to the Super Bowl this year? What did Love contribute to that? Could another player drafted in that spot been the difference?

Fosco33
04-29-2021, 02:25 PM
Shefty said ARodg doesn’t want to return to Packers?!?

Trade him while we can

sharpe1027
04-29-2021, 02:32 PM
The team was how close to the Super Bowl this year? What did Love contribute to that? Could another player drafted in that spot been the difference?

Sure, maybe. Very unlikely, IMO.

I'd argue that the reason they were so close is partly because they took the best players in past drafts and didn't take a short term view. More of the draft picks should hit than if they drafted more for immediate need in any one year.

Impossible to confirm either belief.

RashanGary
04-29-2021, 02:46 PM

Trade him while we can

Hmmmm.... He's a stubborn guy. Brings some ups and downs. Hopefully it works out. I'd rather see Love sit one more year before being thrown to the wolves. Rodgers is out of guaranteed money and may have the jeopardy offer. It makes sense he's going all in right now.

Remember, gutey got rid of Nelson. Rodgers probably has little trust with gutemeister

King Friday
04-29-2021, 02:46 PM
Sure, maybe. Very unlikely, IMO.

I'd argue that the reason they were so close is partly because they took the best players in past drafts and didn't take a short term view. More of the draft picks should hit than if they drafted more for immediate need in any one year.

Impossible to confirm either belief.

It is a complete certainty that Love did nothing for last season.

I agree that it is pure speculation that we would have gotten the player that could've made a difference...but you would have at least had the chance if you went the other route. Gute chose to have no chance with that pick...and it could lead to Rodgers leaving Green Bay sooner than later.

RashanGary
04-29-2021, 02:47 PM

The same was said of the Rodgers pick. Time has a way of bringing clarity.

red
04-29-2021, 02:54 PM

Trade him while we can

Shit just hit the fan

King Friday
04-29-2021, 03:09 PM
The same was said of the Rodgers pick. Time has a way of bringing clarity.

A. Thompson didn't waste draft capital trading up.
B. Love is not as good a prospect as Rodgers was.
C. The Packers weren't coming off a trip to the NFCC game and a 13-3 season. They were coming off a 10-6 season where they were bounced in the wild card round on their home turf rather convincingly.

Yeah, Love could still pan out...not saying he can't. I hope he does. However, do you honestly think it will have been worth it if he's no better than an average starting QB?

RashanGary
04-29-2021, 03:15 PM
A. Thompson didn't waste draft capital trading up.
B. Love is not as good a prospect as Rodgers was.
C. The Packers weren't coming off a trip to the NFCC game and a 13-3 season. They were coming off a 10-6 season where they were bounced in the wild card round on their home turf rather convincingly.

Yeah, Love could still pan out...not saying he can't. I hope he does. However, do you honestly think it will have been worth it if he's no better than an average starting QB?

I think it was a risk. Some pay off, others don’t.

sharpe1027
04-29-2021, 04:21 PM
It is a complete certainty that Love did nothing for last season.

I agree that it is pure speculation that we would have gotten the player that could've made a difference...but you would have at least had the chance if you went the other route. Gute chose to have no chance with that pick...and it could lead to Rodgers leaving Green Bay sooner than later.

Yes. Not disagreeing with you. On the other hand, Love could have made a difference if Rodgers got injured again and missed a few games. Hindsight and all. I'm not saying it was a great pick. I'm just tired of it being overblown in terms of importance.

I don't know if it motivated Rodgers to want to leave this year, same as I don't know if it motivated him to have one of the best seasons last year. If both are true, then the side effects of the pick were positive last year and negative thereafter.

A lot of speculation.

bobblehead
04-29-2021, 05:10 PM
Trade Rodgers for 1.02 and 2022 Jets first round pick. Trade 1.02 back to the eagles for 1.12 and Eagles 2022 first and Dolphins 2022 First (I think they own it). Then take Surtain with 1.12. Take Leatherwood at 1.29 and then get your ILB at 2.29...this is a deep draft for solid ILB according to mcginn.

Starting to look more possible :)

Fritz
05-01-2021, 09:29 AM
Starting to look more possible :)

From what I understand the Packers can't realistically trade Rodgers until after June 1st. But if they do trade him, do they trade him to the Raiders and get David Carr in the deal as a one-year stopgap while Love tries to learn his trade?

And what could you get for Rodgers?

I say Love will be the starter in GB in 2022.

bobblehead
05-05-2021, 11:25 AM
Love can grow more by playing than he can by being Carr's backup. I would make NOT getting carr a contingent. The deal I saw seemed like more than we can get, but if we can land Crosby and 3 firsts I would do it. Then I would send a 5th to Detroit to get my back up back. Shouldn't have let him walk to start with.

Edit: check that, I would immediately sign bortles promising him that he can start if he wins the competition. 1 year deal. Chance to reset his career.

Joemailman
05-05-2021, 11:39 AM
Love can grow more by playing than he can by being Carr's backup. I would make NOT getting carr a contingent. The deal I saw seemed like more than we can get, but if we can land Crosby and 3 firsts I would do it. Then I would send a 5th to Detroit to get my back up back. Shouldn't have let him walk to start with.

Edit: check that, I would immediately sign bortles promising him that he can start if he wins the competition. 1 year deal. Chance to reset his career.

What Crosby?

Joemailman
05-05-2021, 11:50 AM
Trade Rodgers to Denver for 2 1st round picks plus Jerry Jeudy, who Broncos drafted in 2020. Then make a trade with Buffalo for Jake Kumerow.

HarveyWallbangers
05-05-2021, 11:56 AM
I just voted for 2022 or before.

Spaulding
05-05-2021, 12:29 PM
What Crosby?

Maxx Crosby the DE I'm guessing.

Upnorth
05-05-2021, 01:24 PM
Trade Rodgers to Denver for 2 1st round picks plus Jerry Jeudy, who Broncos drafted in 2020. Then make a trade with Buffalo for Jake Kumerow.

If gute is trying to show rodgers who is the man this is what you do.

texaspackerbacker
05-05-2021, 02:06 PM
You should have had another category in the poll: 2025 or after, especially the way it is worded - "wish" rather than "expect". I don't wish for Love to be a total flop or worse, to be traded to somebody else and a success there. The ideal thing - as I've posted several times - is that we keep him to the end of his rookie contract and even a year beyond it if he seems good enough as the backup to Rodgers, then he can step in as a quality starter. And if it's apparent after several preseasons, etc. that he isn't anything special, then we trade or cut him. If Gutekunst is competent and doing what's best for the team, he will solve the current mess and make that happen. If not, he doesn't deserve to be the GM.

Bretsky
05-06-2021, 07:10 AM
I want AROD to be a Packer another 5 years and win two SB's in that time. I would hope if he plays that long, Love shows something and we trade him for a draft pick that helps us win the second SB

sharpe1027
05-06-2021, 08:46 AM
The Love pick may end up a bust, but I would suggest not grading a GM on a single first round pick. The amount of focus on Love is kinda ridiculous. It was bad for the Rodgers pick, but this seems even worse. If they miss on Love, they'll take more shots in the future, maybe in the draft, maybe in free agency. R-E-L-A-X.

texaspackerbacker
05-06-2021, 01:39 PM
The thing is, even if everything else Gutekunst touches turns to gold, it's all for naught and the team goes in the toilet if he causes the Packers to lose Rodgers - which if you believe all the crap getting spewed, the colossal bonehead error of drafting Love or at least the colossal bonehead way it all was handled may be doing.

I still don't believe the shit the God damned media is putting out, but there is at least some smoke. Until we hear it from Rodgers himself, it's all speculation. What Rodgers himself said at the Derby is that he is pissed off that it all became public. I take that to mean there was negotiating going on before the media bastards started causing trouble, and probably in some form, there still is. Gutekunst needs to get this resolved and extend Rodgers. If not, he needs to fall on his sword and resign, and then whoever takes over needs to get Rodgers extended and satisfied. Those are basically the ONLY two acceptable outcomes IMO. Anything else, and mediocrity or worse is gonna be what the Packers are facing.

sharpe1027
05-06-2021, 02:10 PM
Thing is, there's no guarantees Rodgers would have been happy regardless short of them winning it all. When you look at the lists of alleged slights, Rodgers comes off as a whiny little bitch. It's fully in his right to want to go somewhere else, but he's not been run off by any means. It's Rodger's decision to not want to come back, and I don't see enough to convince me he'd have been happy short of them winning it all again.

smuggler
05-07-2021, 12:24 AM
E: Wrong Ehlinger brother, but still sucks.