PDA

View Full Version : AR wants out?!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

texaspackerbacker
05-03-2021, 02:00 PM
:lol:

It’s funny though! Rodgers the player is legendary. The person is a little on the thick skulled and stubborn side. I feel about the same about him now as last year. You can see this being in his personality.

RG, as always, I will start this by saying, more often than not I like and agree with your posts and your take on things. The obvious comeback to what you say here, though, is: you know this how? Virtually 100% of the negativist shit attributed to Rodgers and his personality comes from (you guessed it) assholes in the media.

King Friday
05-03-2021, 02:02 PM
or you're dealing with a GM who wants to put his franchise QB in his place starting pissing contests with him. It's all absurd. first you draft his replacement. you don't do anything to help the roster get better from the previous year. And then you cut a guy right after Rodgers praises him to the media. can you get a bigger fuck you to a player than what Gute did starting in the draft?

If you mean put in his place as getting under center and doing the job he is contractually obligated to do...then good for Gute. Rodgers is not the GM of the team. If he didn't like the GM, then he shouldn't have resigned for additional years.

Bossman641
05-03-2021, 02:05 PM
Let's point out the hypocrisy....P4G says the GM should go all in and also criticizes Gute for not holding onto a JAG who was clearly not going to amount to anything.

HarveyWallbangers
05-03-2021, 02:06 PM
I wonder how Malik Taylor feels about the latest twist. Kumerow was a JAG. I probably would have went with the better athlete too.

King Friday
05-03-2021, 02:08 PM
Jake Kumerow? This is your titanic evidence of incompetence in the GB front office?

Team Rodgers is going to have to do a lot better than that.

RashanGary
05-03-2021, 02:14 PM
You have to lean on your career personnel guys over the QB, don’t you? If Rodgers was running the show I’d have to think it would go to trash before long.

Packers4Glory
05-03-2021, 02:17 PM
Ah yes, the legendary Jake Kumerow. He of the ...*squints eyes*....one reception since leaving the Packers.

I mean he isn't the greatest but he obviously developed a rapport with rodgers of sorts and he's certainly no worse than most of that group they kept.

Packers4Glory
05-03-2021, 02:19 PM
Let's point out the hypocrisy....P4G says the GM should go all in and also criticizes Gute for not holding onto a JAG who was clearly not going to amount to anything.

but they did hold onto a JAG. and frankly I feel this is more PR being leaked by the team to make is sound absurd and to turn the fans to their side. certainly smells that way.

King Friday
05-03-2021, 02:20 PM

According to P4G (and Rodgers) Kumerow would be an All Pro by now if someone with half a brain could utilize his talent effectively.

This is why you leave talent evaluation to the professionals.

Packers4Glory
05-03-2021, 02:20 PM
Jake Kumerow? This is your titanic evidence of incompetence in the GB front office?

Team Rodgers is going to have to do a lot better than that.

no that was the 2020 draft and the resigning of Aaron Jones (whom I love)

call_me_ishmael
05-03-2021, 02:21 PM
I wonder how Malik Taylor feels about the latest twist. Kumerow was a JAG. I probably would have went with the better athlete too.

You'd pick the JAG that your MVP quarterback doesn't want over the one that he does? Why? Clearly Rodgers felt strongly about it since he vocalized it numerous times. I wouldn't have made this move because as you said, they're both just JAGs.

sharpe1027
05-03-2021, 02:24 PM
I mean he isn't the greatest but he obviously developed a rapport with rodgers of sorts and he's certainly no worse than most of that group they kept.

I can't take you serious after this claim. Trolling is fun. I'll exit this thread now. Enjoy!

Packers4Glory
05-03-2021, 02:26 PM
I can't take you serious after this claim. Trolling is fun. I'll exit this thread now. Enjoy!
you think Taylor was a better player? or EQ? or any of the BS they brought in after? Austin? lol. ok. It's also pretty obvious that this report is a PR leak by the team to paint Rodgers in a worse light than wanting the GM fired.

ya'll getting trolled by the Packers PR team

RashanGary
05-03-2021, 02:27 PM
You'd pick the JAG that your MVP quarterback doesn't want over the one that he does? Why? Clearly Rodgers felt strongly about it since he vocalized it numerous times. I wouldn't have made this move because as you said, they're both just JAGs.

A young one with high upside or an aging one who can’t play special teams and has no upside. It’s two very different players, not two of the same with Rodgers being a tie breaker.

HarveyWallbangers
05-03-2021, 02:28 PM

We have no idea if Taylor will amount to anything. See Allen Lazard. JK had been in the system for awhile.

King Friday
05-03-2021, 02:31 PM
you think Taylor was a better player? or EQ? or any of the BS they brought in after? Austin? lol. ok. It's also pretty obvious that this report is a PR leak by the team to paint Rodgers in a worse light than wanting the GM fired.

ya'll getting trolled by the Packers PR team

If it is so obvious, please connect the dots and explain the rationale for what is happening.

Bossman641
05-03-2021, 02:34 PM

Churning the bottom of the roster is common. You do it hoping to upgrade from your Kumerow/Taylor to an Allen Lazard.

This is frankly a ridiculous complaint from the Rodgers camp.

Bossman641
05-03-2021, 02:41 PM
If it is so obvious, please connect the dots and explain the rationale for what is happening.

I put together a guide for you, hope it helps

Claim favorable to Rodgers = 100% truth
Claim that makes Rodgers look bad = leak from the organization with the underlying claim fabricated to insult Rodgers personality and/or personnel evaluating skills

RashanGary
05-03-2021, 02:47 PM
This is getting hilarious!

I’m going to summon some texaspackerbacker common sense here. Rodgers (like Lafleur, Aaron Jones and the field turf intern) have some disagreements about final decisions made.

Aaron Rodgers is famous and media members hang on his every word to stir up a story.

Just like the million other disagreements that happen within a group decision making process, this will iron out.

Aaron Rodgers is doing a good job making himself look petty right now. The Packers are gonna have to brush under the rug how common disagreements are and say they’re glad their QB is so competitive abd that they welcome his competitive spirit and look forward to another season with the goat.

And it’s all over. The three year contract does give 12 a retirement option but not much else. But it doesn’t have to end that nuclear.

RashanGary
05-03-2021, 02:49 PM
I truly believe if Rodgers retires over the Love and Kumerow decisions in addition to his contract that there’s not much else you can do. When a suicide bomber walks in with a pack strapped to his chest, sometimes that’s just the luck of the draw. I forgive Rodgers for being human and the Packers for being human in not being perfect at smoothing things over. Sometimes disaster strikes.

Upnorth
05-03-2021, 02:51 PM
or you're dealing with a GM who wants to put his franchise QB in his place starting pissing contests with him. It's all absurd. first you draft his replacement. you don't do anything to help the roster get better from the previous year. And then you cut a guy right after Rodgers praises him to the media. can you get a bigger fuck you to a player than what Gute did starting in the draft?

Drafting 3 oline and a rb when you have 3 pro bowl level oline and 2 rb entering fa is smart.
Drafting a high upside qb when you all pro qb has been trending down ward over the last 4 (one serious injured) years is smart.
Drafting the exact style of hb your new offense genius coach will utilize is smart.
I think the 2020 draft was amazing in light of the 2021 fa results but looks like a wasted 1st because your qb had his 2nd best year at age 38.

Ever heard of regression to the mean? Think rodgers is likely to be MVP even if there is no drama?
Our pass catching group is at the least top 3rd in the league between Adams Lazard mvs jones and tonyon. This isn't the need the media tells us it is.
In 2020 Dallas had the best draft since 2015 according to the pundits yet there rookies either didn't play or had no impact.
https://www.footballoutsiders.com/nfl-draft/2020/2020-nfl-draft-report-card-report
Is that what would make a difference for you?
This front office is for the GB packers. Not the GB rodgers. Nor the GB favres 13 years ago (thank god).

RashanGary
05-03-2021, 03:05 PM
Drafting 3 oline and a rb when you have 3 pro bowl level oline and 2 rb entering fa is smart.
Drafting a high upside qb when you all pro qb has been trending down ward over the last 4 (one serious injured) years is smart.
Drafting the exact style of hb your new offense genius coach will utilize is smart.
I think the 2020 draft was amazing in light of the 2021 fa results but looks like a wasted 1st because your qb had his 2nd best year at age 38.

Ever heard of regression to the mean? Think rodgers is likely to be MVP even if there is no drama?
Our pass catching group is at the least top 3rd in the league between Adams Lazard mvs jones and tonyon. This isn't the need the media tells us it is.
In 2020 Dallas had the best draft since 2015 according to the pundits yet there rookies either didn't play or had no impact.
https://www.footballoutsiders.com/nfl-draft/2020/2020-nfl-draft-report-card-report
Is that what would make a difference for you?
This front office is for the GB packers. Not the GB rodgers. Nor the GB favres 13 years ago (thank god).

If Rodgers doesn’t drop off in 2021, he’s almost sure to in 2022 and even more likely in 2023. After that his contract is up and he can take his ball and go wherever. He’s under contract for 3 more years. He can play or retire. He can’t just do whatever he wants. The Packers are in a pretty good spot with Rodgers contract and that’s probably a big part of Rodgers problem.

texaspackerbacker
05-03-2021, 03:27 PM
I just saw "First Things First" on Fox Sports 1 on YouTube. Greg Jennings and most of the others on their made great sense. Ya'all negativists ought to check it out.

call_me_ishmael
05-03-2021, 03:38 PM
This is like stepping into a time machine.

https://sports.yahoo.com/heres-things-can-get-contentious-aaron-rodgers-packers-044920881.html

Packers4Glory
05-03-2021, 03:50 PM
Shannon Sharp said it best. You each go out to Cal to meet with Aaron reassuring him, “hey you’re our guy.” But you can’t even call him to tell him you’re drafting Jordan Love? Crazy.

Teamcheez1
05-03-2021, 03:56 PM
Shannon Sharp said it best. You each go out to Cal to meet with Aaron reassuring him, “hey you’re our guy.” But you can’t even call him to tell him you’re drafting Jordan Love? Crazy.

The Packers don’t need to ever call Rodgers and tell him who they’re drafting or any other personnel move for that matter.

Joemailman
05-03-2021, 04:09 PM

It might be a sign you're running out of arguments when you start a post with "Shannon Sharp said it best".

Spaulding
05-03-2021, 04:18 PM

If the Packers were true to their board which given Gute is a disciple of TT then I'm guessing that was the case and they weren't planning on taking a QB in the first round but BPA. However if Love was rated top 10 on their board and fell to a spot where Gute felt compelled to try and trade up to get him, it probably happened pretty quickly. Maybe his first thought wasn't to call his HOF QB before finalizing the trade and the pick and I can understand that.

It's still Gute's mistake but I think Rodger's actions aren't entirely justified. Guess this means it's the proverbial straw that broke the camels back.

George Cumby
05-03-2021, 04:20 PM
I put together a guide for you, hope it helps

Claim favorable to Rodgers = 100% truth
Claim that makes Rodgers look bad = leak from the organization with the underlying claim fabricated to insult Rodgers personality and/or personnel evaluating skills or fake news media lies and propaganda

FIFY.

George Cumby
05-03-2021, 04:21 PM
It might be a sign you're running out of arguments when you start a post with "Shannon Sharp said it best".

LOL

"Appeal to Authority" as a tool of argumentation should include, you know, an authority.

King Friday
05-03-2021, 05:18 PM
The Packers are in a pretty good spot with Rodgers contract and that’s probably a big part of Rodgers problem.

Absolutely. Tom Brady getting everything he wants is eating at Rodgers to no end. However, Rodgers is going to have to look in the mirror and realize Tom didn't get his way until well past the age of 40 and after he won 6 rings. Even Tom Fucking Brady had to wait his turn.

Aaron has 2 choices. Continue his career in Green Bay, or go into permanent retirement from football. I think I know which path he'll choose.

call_me_ishmael
05-03-2021, 05:40 PM
Good take.

https://twitter.com/RichEisenShow/status/1389291765425860609

I do think the obvious move here is you trade Jordan Love. It's a no brainer to be honest. The odds of Jordan Love being a star are minimal.

Packers4Glory
05-03-2021, 05:57 PM
The Packers don’t need to ever call Rodgers and tell him who they’re drafting or any other personnel move for that matter.

You might be a shitty leader

Packers4Glory
05-03-2021, 06:07 PM
Look. The team isn’t being honest. Rodgers wasn’t their guy. That’s why we have Love. Rodgers play the a huge wrench into the plan. So now its PR & BS.

2020 draft is proof positive they weren’t going all in with Rodgers. They were betting on the under & building for life after Rodgers. Just admit it. Based on his contract 2022 was a time were they Could move on if they wanted. That gave Love 2 years of understudy in MLF’s offense. You don’t need to be Sherlock Holmes to see what the plan was.

RashanGary
05-03-2021, 06:27 PM
There are maybe 9 quarterbacks who have a chance at HOF careers right now and maybe more.

Brady, Mahommes, Wilson, Rodgers, Ben

Watson, Herbert, Allen, Stafford, Ryan

Burrow, etc...

I hate to say it, but I think the Packers brass thinks they can find another HOF QB. Even if not Love, they’ll get chances at top picks if they were to have losing seasons. They’re not as rare as they seem.

I don’t think Rodgers has as much leverage as he thinks he has to force his hand. The Packers believe in letting GMs have their say and believe a good GM will find the right QB. I just don’t see this going the way Rodgers wants.

Teamcheez1
05-03-2021, 06:29 PM
Love reading Terry Bradshaw ripping on Rodgers.

RashanGary
05-03-2021, 06:34 PM
Plus the Wolf tree of

Wolf (Favre)
Thompson (Rodgers)
Schneider (Wilson)
Dorsey (Mahommes)

Have done really well with the QB position. There is no saying Gutekunst can’t add his name to that list too. Like I said, there are a lot of Great QBs and a lot of SB winning QBs too. Rodgers isn’t a unicorn who’s ass you have to kiss. I just don’t buy into the notion that a great GM can’t find a QB when so many are out there.

RashanGary
05-03-2021, 06:37 PM
If the decision is to give up the organizational belief in a GM who can find a QB or get three more years out of Rodgers and blow up the organization in doing it.... I’m ok with sticking by the organizational guns and letting Rodgers retire (his only option if he won’t play in GB)

RashanGary
05-03-2021, 06:45 PM
Good take.

https://twitter.com/RichEisenShow/status/1389291765425860609

I do think the obvious move here is you trade Jordan Love. It's a no brainer to be honest. The odds of Jordan Love being a star are minimal.

CMI, you’re smart. You’ve followed Rodgers career and the history of the Packers more in depth than any of the national news guys. You can, we all can... come up with our own views of this that are as clear or clearer than the national guys. I’m not saying that’s a bad take. I’ll give Eisen credit for sounding more clear and persuasive than average people.... but when it comes to knowledgeable view points, I’m taking a bunch of the guys at this forum over any national media member.

There’s a time to trust professionals and there’s a time to use your own noggan. This is one of the times where you can trust your own noggan. In fact, rather than hearing you parrot another guys opinion, I’m more interested in what you think here than most national guys. You are a professional at this. Just come up with your own view and adjust from there. That’s why this place is better than national media when it comes to Packer view points.

Bretsky
05-03-2021, 07:05 PM
Plus the Wolf tree of

Wolf (Favre)
Thompson (Rodgers)
Schneider (Wilson)
Dorsey (Mahommes)

Have done really well with the QB position. There is no saying Gutekunst can’t add his name to that list too. Like I said, there are a lot of Great QBs and a lot of SB winning QBs too. Rodgers isn’t a unicorn who’s ass you have to kiss. I just don’t buy into the notion that a great GM can’t find a QB when so many are out there.

No more evidence Gute will succeed in adding his name to that list then failing. No evidence Gute is a great GM yet either...just saying koolaidman :))))

Bretsky
05-03-2021, 07:07 PM
I would much rather see is trade AROD for everything we can get to an AFC team that play hardball and let him retire.

Can we go back and deal with Denver ??

Sparkey
05-03-2021, 07:19 PM
To everyone that wants the Packers to give AAron whatever he wants:. A big extension and can Gutes and maybe even axe Murphy. If you do that, what prevents Rodgers from at some point throwing LaFluer under the bus if they disagree on something. I mean shit, you've given him the keys to the car and told him to basically do whatever the flock he wants. It's a recipe for disaster not only in the short term, but in the long run as well. Seems many here don't remember the chaos and ineptitude of the 70's and 80's.

I remember most everybody bashing the Packers for not letting Favre do whatever he wanted. Everyone said Rodgers had flaws, couldn't throw on the run, had a weak arm, held the ball too high. He will never be as good as Favre. The Packers are screwed....

Now, Rodgers is a god, let's him do whatever he wants, Love will never be as good as Rodgers, etc.

Seems like deja vu reading all the sky is falling reactions.

Sparkey
05-03-2021, 07:23 PM
I would much rather see is trade AROD for everything we can get to an AFC team that play hardball and let him retire.

Can we go back and deal with Denver ??

I think post June 1st is when something like that would gain steam, if it happens.

Packers4Glory
05-03-2021, 07:26 PM
This is not the same situation as Favre. Aaron has been steadfast in saying how long he wants to play. Favre was unsure & was out & in & out. At that point you have to draft his replacement if the situation arises. Rodgers had us in the to the nfc title game & we punted the draft.

RashanGary
05-03-2021, 08:25 PM
No more evidence Gute will succeed in adding his name to that list then failing. No evidence Gute is a great GM yet either...just saying koolaidman :))))

I'm betting on Gooter!

Gooter cooter
Kunst cunts

How can he not succeed with that name?

RashanGary
05-03-2021, 08:26 PM
Brian cootercunts

Bossman641
05-03-2021, 10:53 PM
Does Rodgers have any nephews? Well, considering he's on bad terms with his family he might need Shailene to wear it instead.

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=15fZ267Uhycn_n9ZpkUJ1f7UfFnosnLjD

Bretsky
05-03-2021, 11:30 PM
Does Rodgers have any nephews? Well, considering he's on bad terms with his family he might need Shailene to wear it instead.

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=15fZ267Uhycn_n9ZpkUJ1f7UfFnosnLjD

FUNNY STUFF :))))

Fritz
05-04-2021, 05:24 AM
Tomorrow's JSO headline:

"GUTEKUNST SIGNS KUMEROW; EXTENDS RODGERS SEVEN YEARS/$350 MILLION ALL GUARANTEED; FIRES SELF"

Packers4Glory
05-04-2021, 06:27 AM
The fuckn bears called dalton & told him they’re drafting Fields lol i mean.

King Friday
05-04-2021, 06:57 AM

So your ideal NFL front office space is the Bears?

Joemailman
05-04-2021, 07:00 AM

Oh, well that settles it. Who wouldn't want to emulate how the Bears handle their quarterback situation?

King Friday
05-04-2021, 07:00 AM
Terry Bradshaw came out and called Rodgers weak. Said he wouldn't budge an inch if he were the GM. Claimed a 3 time NFL MVP shouldn't be all that concerned with who the team drafted. Noted that there were QBs taken by Pittsburgh when he was playing and he didn't care a bit.

King Friday
05-04-2021, 07:03 AM
Oh, well that settles it. Who wouldn't want to emulate how the Bears handle their quarterback situation?

"Be you"

red
05-04-2021, 07:25 AM
kumerow being cut might have been the breaking point

arod was on the radio the day before talking about how he was a lock to make the roster and how much he liked him. next day gute cut him

kind of a "fuck you" type of thing

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-packers-releasing-jake-kumerow-173755813.html

maybe a QB should have some input over his receiver group

King Friday
05-04-2021, 07:32 AM
kumerow being cut might have been the breaking point

arod was on the radio the day before talking about how he was a lock to make the roster and how much he liked him. next day gute cut him

kind of a "fuck you" type of thing

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-packers-releasing-jake-kumerow-173755813.html

Hardly a fuck you...Kumerow offered nothing on special teams, and a player at the bottom of the depth chart often needs to have value to the team in multiple ways.

That...and Kumerow has done exactly jack and squat since leaving Green Bay. Clearly the GM was delusional to cut such an immense talent who was the missing piece to winning a title.

Packers4Glory
05-04-2021, 07:41 AM
So your ideal NFL front office space is the Bears?

wow. you're something.

how bout even the bears know how to communicate with their QB. lol. you're so blind.

the NFL revolves around your QB. period. full stop.

Packers4Glory
05-04-2021, 07:45 AM
Hardly a fuck you...Kumerow offered nothing on special teams, and a player at the bottom of the depth chart often needs to have value to the team in multiple ways.

That...and Kumerow has done exactly jack and squat since leaving Green Bay. Clearly the GM was delusional to cut such an immense talent who was the missing piece to winning a title. it was a fuck you. 100%. It isn't just about Kumerow. It was just one of a thousand paper cuts. they also fired his QB coach whom he liked. It wasn't about drafting Love, it was about the not communicating it. Now lying about him being "their guy." get off this boad.

Mcafee's show said it sounded like the initial report was from the Packers point of view. that is the leak. Only people on this site can't seem to wrap their heads on why. Now you have all the other BS coming out and leaks like him wanting the GM fired. people around and that know Rodgers don't think that is accurate. so whatever. I don't know and I'm not going to judge rumors and let it decide how i feel. I judge the actions around what's happening that lead us here. that is mismanagement by the front office and blowing off their QB.

bobblehead
05-04-2021, 09:02 AM
wow. you're something.

how bout even the bears know how to communicate with their QB. lol. you're so blind.

the NFL revolves around your QB. period. full stop.

Trent Dilfer called. He was on a conference call with Joe Flacco, Nick Foles, an ineffective rookie Russel Wilson, a way too old Peyton Manning and Tom Brady, Eli "never was" Manning, Rob Johnson, and John Elways corpse.

Not on the call....all the MVPs of those seasons.

Tom Brady has ridden dominant defenses to 7 titles. As have many before him. If we could get the deal i posted somewhere with the Raiders we actually should grab it. And then sign Blake Bortles. No bigger blake fan than me....actually no OTHER blake fan than me.

Zool
05-04-2021, 09:22 AM
All that was old is new again. People arguing and speculating about something reported by others who are speculating. It's Favre all over again.

It's possible....just possible....that this doesn't fucking matter an ounce. Everyone spouting truisms about the situation is full of shit. If Rodgers wanting to leave GB effects your life, it's time to leave the house.

Packers4Glory
05-04-2021, 10:05 AM
All that was old is new again. People arguing and speculating about something reported by others who are speculating. It's Favre all over again.

It's possible....just possible....that this doesn't fucking matter an ounce. Everyone spouting truisms about the situation is full of shit. If Rodgers wanting to leave GB effects your life, it's time to leave the house.

sorry. we'll just shut down the board then. it's useless according to you

Bossman641
05-04-2021, 10:44 AM
Mcafee's show said it sounded like the initial report was from the Packers point of view. that is the leak. Only people on this site can't seem to wrap their heads on why. Now you have all the other BS coming out and leaks like him wanting the GM fired. people around and that know Rodgers don't think that is accurate. so whatever. I don't know and I'm not going to judge rumors and let it decide how i feel. I judge the actions around what's happening that lead us here. that is mismanagement by the front office and blowing off their QB.

I'm generally curious. Please tell me why the organization would leak it the day of the draft. The report yesterday about Rodgers getting upset over Kumerow? Sure, I could somewhat see them leaking that although it would 100% go against the unified front of "we want Rodgers back" that MLF/Gute/Murphy have shown since Thursday. I honestly can't think of a single reason for them to leak the initial report, and am copying my reasoning from earlier in the thread.

99% sure it's coming from the Rodgers team. He knew mgmt would be talking to media as a result of the draft. Leak it, watch them twist in the wind, and get revenge for drafting Love.

That makes 1000 times more sense then the organization leaking it. There's literally no reason for them to do it. The Draft is one of the biggest days of excitement for fanbases. There's no way they sabotage that excitement, put their own necks in the media guillotine, and set a time clock over their heads to June 1st, which is realistically the first day they can trade him. And they do all this with a single qb on the roster.

call_me_ishmael
05-04-2021, 10:54 AM
I'm generally curious. Please tell me why the organization would leak it the day of the draft. The report yesterday about Rodgers getting upset over Kumerow? Sure, I could somewhat see them leaking that although it would 100% go against the unified front of "we want Rodgers back" that MLF/Gute/Murphy have shown since Thursday. I honestly can't think of a single reason for them to leak the initial report, and am copying my reasoning from earlier in the thread.

99% sure it's coming from the Rodgers team. He knew mgmt would be talking to media as a result of the draft. Leak it, watch them twist in the wind, and get revenge for drafting Love.

That makes 1000 times more sense then the organization leaking it. There's literally no reason for them to do it. The Draft is one of the biggest days of excitement for fanbases. There's no way they sabotage that excitement, put their own necks in the media guillotine, and set a time clock over their heads to June 1st, which is realistically the first day they can trade him. And they do all this with a single qb on the roster.

Absolutely right and Ian Rapoport - one of the people getting the news - basically said the same thing.

George Cumby
05-04-2021, 11:05 AM
Trent Dilfer called. He was on a conference call with Joe Flacco, Nick Foles, an ineffective rookie Russel Wilson, a way too old Peyton Manning and Tom Brady, Eli "never was" Manning, Rob Johnson, and John Elways corpse.

Not on the call....all the MVPs of those seasons.

Tom Brady has ridden dominant defenses to 7 titles. As have many before him. If we could get the deal i posted somewhere with the Raiders we actually should grab it. And then sign Blake Bortles. No bigger blake fan than me....actually no OTHER blake fan than me.

Hey! I was actually excited for the Jags when they drafted him. I thought they had a diamond in the rough. So Bortles has TWO fans.

Sparkey
05-04-2021, 12:49 PM
Steelers Legend Terry Bradshaw Calls Out Aaron Rodgers: ‘Him Being That Upset Shows How Weak He Is’

Packers4Glory
05-04-2021, 12:58 PM

Just listened to ANOTHER nfl insider saying he doesn’t think aaron leaked this lol.

I’m not going to explain why they would again. It’s not complicated

Packers4Glory
05-04-2021, 12:59 PM
Steelers Legend Terry Bradshaw Calls Out Aaron Rodgers: ‘Him Being That Upset Shows How Weak He Is’

Hello kettle lol coming from bradshaw

texaspackerbacker
05-04-2021, 01:02 PM
Good job, Packers4Glory. In both of these threads, you're about the only one making any sense/beating me to saying a lot of the same things hahahaha.

Packers4Glory
05-04-2021, 01:08 PM
Leaking out the day of the draft makes less sense for Rodgers. If he were going to leak it, or try to help force a trade it would have been done at the start if FA. That’s his most leverage. Also well before the draft where teams can work something out before drafting a guy (SF). There wasn’t leverage for him on draft day. It was about the team getting a narrative out of this us what he wanted & we tried doing. Read adam S story that broke this news. That’s not coming from Rodgers IMO

Upnorth
05-04-2021, 01:29 PM
Perhaps rodgers did not leak it, even though he gains leverage by getting teams looking at trading for him on a day where more trades happen than the rest of the year. There is no way the head office leaks it on a day where the value they recieve will be lower than what they could get Any Other day of the off season.

Perhaps people in the know calculated this for draft day to maximize publishing value. If you follow the dollars this makes sense.
And is the only thing that makes meets any level of logic besides a rodgers leak.

SudsMcBucky
05-04-2021, 01:34 PM
Just listened to ANOTHER nfl insider saying he doesn’t think aaron leaked this lol.

Who was the NFL Insider?

Joemailman
05-04-2021, 01:38 PM
https://www.nbcsports.com/video/packers-aaron-rodgers-needs-make-public-what-he-wants?ls=pftvod

I agree with Florio here. If Rodgers wants out, he needs to do more to force the Packers hand. He needs to go public with what he wants.

Zool
05-04-2021, 02:09 PM
sorry. we'll just shut down the board then. it's useless according to you

No not the whole board, just you.

run pMc
05-04-2021, 03:04 PM
Agree with bossman. Rodgers camp leaking makes way more sense. Packers wouldn't leak that on draft day, and if they knew this they certainly wouldn't be hanging up on calls from the Rams, 49ers or Broncos this off-season. They wouldn't have let Tim Boyle leave if they thought Rodgers wasn't going to be in camp.

The timing was calculated to one year of the Love pick, to make Gute & Co. squirm and have to face 4 Rodgers questions for every draft question, and to bring as much attention to the issue on a day when lots of casual and hardcore fans are paying attention.
That Rodgers -- who was all over social media during his Jeopardy stint -- has gone completely silent on this while the Packers are saying they want him should tell you plenty.

For the record, the Packers will NOT fire Gute for Rodgers. That's a precedent Goodell would step in to prevent if he could. This is almost the same garbage Favre pulled -- wanting to 'stick it to Ted', etc.

Packers4Glory
05-04-2021, 03:23 PM
Perhaps rodgers did not leak it, even though he gains leverage by getting teams looking at trading for him on a day where more trades happen than the rest of the year. There is no way the head office leaks it on a day where the value they recieve will be lower than what they could get Any Other day of the off season.

Perhaps people in the know calculated this for draft day to maximize publishing value. If you follow the dollars this makes sense.
And is the only thing that makes meets any level of logic besides a rodgers leak.
There’s no lessening value. If the packers are open to trading him June 1 then they’re going to get a big return. It hurts the packets zero. It does make teams rethink if they’re going QB or not. I’m looking at you Denver. Its a pretty good time for the team to leak it because there was zero chance of them taking him that day. They’re not taking that cap hit.

Upnorth
05-04-2021, 03:24 PM
I don't think you can say they won't fire gute. But it would be colossally stupid if they did.

Could you imagine the league if that happened?

smuggler
05-04-2021, 03:36 PM
I don't think Murphy is dumb enough to do that. Imagine shitcanning a successful GM for any reason, let alone to *checks script* keep a 37 year old QB from being upset?

Nah.

scharpcheddar
05-04-2021, 03:37 PM
Tik, tik, tik..
Broncos......

Packers4Glory
05-04-2021, 03:42 PM
I don't think you can say they won't fire gute. But it would be colossally stupid if they did.

Could you imagine the league if that happened?
This story has been refuted by people close to Aaron. Even if it were true they’re not going to fire anyone although letting this situation get to this level should have him & Murphy’s ass both removed.

King Friday
05-04-2021, 03:53 PM

Ah yes... Nameless NFL insider... Clearly a beacon of light and knowledge.

Packers4Glory
05-04-2021, 04:06 PM
Ah yes... Nameless NFL insider... Clearly a beacon of light and knowledge.

They’re in the know more than you or me. They also break & write stories & know what it looks like when it’s coming from a team or a players camp champ. You don’t have that level of insight.

peter schrager

scharpcheddar
05-04-2021, 04:57 PM
They’re in the know more than you or me. They also break & write stories & know what it looks like when it’s coming from a team or a players camp champ. You don’t have that level of insight.

peter schrager

They are the script writers

Packers4Glory
05-04-2021, 05:09 PM
They are the script writers
Many parrot the teams or agent’s PR

Bossman641
05-04-2021, 07:26 PM
Leaking out the day of the draft makes less sense for Rodgers. If he were going to leak it, or try to help force a trade it would have been done at the start if FA. That’s his most leverage. Also well before the draft where teams can work something out before drafting a guy (SF). There wasn’t leverage for him on draft day. It was about the team getting a narrative out of this us what he wanted & we tried doing. Read adam S story that broke this news. That’s not coming from Rodgers IMO

So your proof that the org leaked it is creating a hypothetical situation in which Rodgers made this decision 2 months ago but didn't act on it? And the org leaked it on draft day for what reason? It would have benefitted the org to leak it at that time, while they still could flip him to QB-needy teams and before they gave out contracts pushing cap hits into future years. Even your hypothetical makes no sense.

Packers4Glory
05-04-2021, 07:39 PM
So your proof that the org leaked it is creating a hypothetical situation in which Rodgers made this decision 2 months ago but didn't act on it? And the org leaked it on draft day for what reason? It would have benefitted the org to leak it at that time, while they still could flip him to QB-needy teams and before they gave out contracts pushing cap hits into future years. Even your hypothetical makes no sense. makes more sense than Rodgers putting it out there. Wtf is soo hard to understand that this gives the team 1 month to do some damage control?

Oh we met with him several times.

He didn’t want to restructure. He wanted a n extension.

We offered him an extension. He turned it down.

Blah blah blah. Then the reports about wanting the GM fired. Then the touchdown Jesus stuff. Is all team bs

They saw the writing on the wall. They’re prepping us for the eventual hold out or trade looking for public support.

Bossman641
05-04-2021, 07:50 PM
makes more sense than Rodgers putting it out there. Wtf is soo hard to understand that this gives the team 1 month to do some damage control?

Oh we met with him several times.

He didn’t want to restructure. He wanted a n extension.

We offered him an extension. He turned it down.

Blah blah blah. Then the reports about wanting the GM fired. Then the touchdown Jesus stuff. Is all team bs

They saw the writing on the wall. They’re prepping us for the eventual hold out or trade looking for public support.

On the day of the draft? Damage control for a month is one thing. Initiating damage control on the day of the draft is a whole nother story. Good god man use your mind.

If it leaked this week....100% the org could be behind it. It didn't. It leaked on the biggest offseason day of the year when the org was guaranteed to talk to the media. The Packers can't realistically trade him until June 1st....he would cost 1.1M more this year and they have no cap space as it is. Rodgers leaked it so that the next month is spent with ESPN talking trades, discussing how they've disrespected him and he deserves to leave. In case you haven't noticed, ESPN is essentially a mouthpiece for players now.

Upnorth
05-04-2021, 08:06 PM
makes more sense than Rodgers putting it out there. Wtf is soo hard to understand that this gives the team 1 month to do some damage contol.

Doing on day 1 of draft weekend does maximum damage to the team's main focus for those 3 days. They would have done it day 3 or Sunday. Your statement actually provides evidence against your own point. For maximum team advantage of damage control you do it the day after the draft. To do maximum damage to the packers front office you do it day 1 of draft when they can't focus on damage control.
Apply logic to your own statement without emotion.

Bossman is 100% correct.

Freak Out
05-04-2021, 08:29 PM
Arod should hold a presser and come clean. Let it all out bro.

Freak Out
05-04-2021, 08:30 PM
I think he should drop acid before as well.

RashanGary
05-04-2021, 11:43 PM
I think he should drop acid before as well.

Clearly.

SudsMcBucky
05-05-2021, 07:32 AM
This story has been refuted by people close to Aaron. Even if it were true they’re not going to fire anyone although letting this situation get to this level should have him & Murphy’s ass both removed.

Shocked, I tell you. Shocked!!!

Packers4Glory
05-05-2021, 08:50 AM
Doing on day 1 of draft weekend does maximum damage to the team's main focus for those 3 days. They would have done it day 3 or Sunday. Your statement actually provides evidence against your own point. For maximum team advantage of damage control you do it the day after the draft. To do maximum damage to the packers front office you do it day 1 of draft when they can't focus on damage control.
Apply logic to your own statement without emotion.

Bossman is 100% correct.

lol damage to the teams main focus? no. the team is off. The front office is dong the draft and it affects their prep exactly zero. This isn't new to those in the know that matter. your theory makes no sense nor does your choice of days.

Fritz
05-05-2021, 09:52 AM
Seems to me there are three ways to look at all this:

One, you think the team is operating like it's still 1965 and doesn't understand modern athletes, so you think Rodgers is right to feel undervalued. You think Gutekunst's cutting of Kumerow 48 hours after Rodgers praised him so publicly, and Gutekunst not bothering to call Rodgers to give him a heads up and some assurances about the Love pick are both evidence of a GM and team that is out-of-touch with today's sports reality. You also probably think that without Rodgers the Packers are rudderless and hopeless, and so the team ought to do anything - anything - to make Rodgers happy. Fire Gutekunst, give Rodgers a five year extension at a number that will make him happy, ask him who he thinks the team should keep at wide receiver and, well, anywhere on the offensive line.

Another very different way of seeing it is to simply look to Madtown's view: Rodgers is a supreme jackass who has cut ties with his own family and will burn down a fucking village if one mouse within it has offended him. In this view, Rodgers has become so poisonous now that there's no way back. And besides, if you kowtow to Rodgers you're undermining the entire organization. Even if they tried for a SB this year, who knows if there'd be too much drama anyway? If you kept Kumerow because of Rodgers, and you called him to let him know you were drafting Love, and you gave him the contract extension he wants, then you've not mollified him but unleashed him. From there, he'd only start telling you who his offensive coordinator should be, and exactly which receivers he wants on the field, and so on and so on. Poison that will destroy the organization both short-term and longer-term.

A third position might be that you think Rodgers is a narcisstic jackass but he's so good that you think you can placate him with an extension, promise him more say, and ignore the ugliness. You think the organization can survive whatever toxicity ensues, and will be worth it because you think in the next two years this team can win a Super Bowl. And you're willing to risk poisoning the well to get that.

bobblehead
05-05-2021, 10:51 AM

We're all full of shit zool, isn't that the point of a message board?

bobblehead
05-05-2021, 10:53 AM
Good job, Packers4Glory. In both of these threads, you're about the only one making any sense/beating me to saying a lot of the same things hahahaha.

Ready to reconsider your position yet P4G?

Upnorth
05-05-2021, 11:05 AM
lol damage to the teams main focus? no. the team is off. The front office is dong the draft and it affects their prep exactly zero. This isn't new to those in the know that matter. your theory makes no sense nor does your choice of days.

On draft weekend the team and fans main focus is maximizing the draft. Our needs were strongly aligned with the drafts depth. We were going to come out looking really good unless something weird happened. Enter press release. Now we go from an atta boy draft to why they doing rodgers so bad.
I agree that this isn't new to those who matter. But it takes the focus of the draft class and it's success.
I stand by my statement that the best time for the team to leak is may 31st to maximize interest at a time when cap impact becomes substantially less. Trading him prior to this hurts the 2021 season too much, to the point where i dont think they can sign there draft picks.
Your suggestion doesn't add up.

bobblehead
05-05-2021, 11:06 AM
I would like ONE reporter to call Adams or Jones and ask "so do you think that Rodgers is being insanely selfish abandoning his team after they maxed out the cap to win in large part due to his contract? I mean, you and others have to play here still, are you angry with him for this?"

Spaulding
05-05-2021, 11:16 AM
Seems to me there are three ways to look at all this:

One, you think the team is operating like it's still 1965 and doesn't understand modern athletes, so you think Rodgers is right to feel undervalued. You think Gutekunst's cutting of Kumerow 48 hours after Rodgers praised him so publicly, and Gutekunst not bothering to call Rodgers to give him a heads up and some assurances about the Love pick are both evidence of a GM and team that is out-of-touch with today's sports reality. You also probably think that without Rodgers the Packers are rudderless and hopeless, and so the team ought to do anything - anything - to make Rodgers happy. Fire Gutekunst, give Rodgers a five year extension at a number that will make him happy, ask him who he thinks the team should keep at wide receiver and, well, anywhere on the offensive line.

Another very different way of seeing it is to simply look to Madtown's view: Rodgers is a supreme jackass who has cut ties with his own family and will burn down a fucking village if one mouse within it has offended him. In this view, Rodgers has become so poisonous now that there's no way back. And besides, if you kowtow to Rodgers you're undermining the entire organization. Even if they tried for a SB this year, who knows if there'd be too much drama anyway? If you kept Kumerow because of Rodgers, and you called him to let him know you were drafting Love, and you gave him the contract extension he wants, then you've not mollified him but unleashed him. From there, he'd only start telling you who his offensive coordinator should be, and exactly which receivers he wants on the field, and so on and so on. Poison that will destroy the organization both short-term and longer-term.

A third position might be that you think Rodgers is a narcisstic jackass but he's so good that you think you can placate him with an extension, promise him more say, and ignore the ugliness. You think the organization can survive whatever toxicity ensues, and will be worth it because you think in the next two years this team can win a Super Bowl. And you're willing to risk poisoning the well to get that.

Nice summation, might be worth a poll :)

As for myself, I'm currently in the 3rd position but trending toward the 2nd depending on any facts to suggest the Packers did look to trade him without him asking for one or something else that suggests Rodgers didn't initiate this drama.

Joemailman
05-05-2021, 11:18 AM
I would like ONE reporter to call Adams or Jones and ask "so do you think that Rodgers is being insanely selfish abandoning his team after they maxed out the cap to win in large part due to his contract? I mean, you and others have to play here still, are you angry with him for this?"

Aaron Jones especially, who took less money to stay in Green Bay than he could have gotten as a free agent. It's a tough position for all the Packer players, who can't say anything publicly for fear of either undermining management or pissing off Rodgers.

Freak Out
05-05-2021, 11:49 AM
Clearly.

You should as well. LSD will do you some good.

Bossman641
05-05-2021, 12:03 PM
On draft weekend the team and fans main focus is maximizing the draft. Our needs were strongly aligned with the drafts depth. We were going to come out looking really good unless something weird happened. Enter press release. Now we go from an atta boy draft to why they doing rodgers so bad.
I agree that this isn't new to those who matter. But it takes the focus of the draft class and it's success.
I stand by my statement that the best time for the team to leak is may 31st to maximize interest at a time when cap impact becomes substantially less. Trading him prior to this hurts the 2021 season too much, to the point where i dont think they can sign there draft picks.
Your suggestion doesn't add up.

You're of course right, but we need to give it up. You truly have to have your head stuck in the sand to think it benefits the organization to leak the news on Day 1 of the draft. Not a single thing about it adds up: the timing of a trade alone since they can't trade him til June 1, casting a pall over fanbase excitement, distracting from the overall organizations focus, all media questions focusing on Rodgers over the draft.

You have to be delusional to take that position.

Packers4Glory
05-05-2021, 12:34 PM
You're of course right, but we need to give it up. You truly have to have your head stuck in the sand to think it benefits the organization to leak the news on Day 1 of the draft. Not a single thing about it adds up: the timing of a trade alone since they can't trade him til June 1, casting a pall over fanbase excitement, distracting from the overall organizations focus, all media questions focusing on Rodgers over the draft.

You have to be delusional to take that position.

Might want to rethink your position. did you read the original tweet that started this?

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.
More on NFL Live now....

Bossman641
05-05-2021, 12:58 PM
Might want to rethink your position. did you read the original tweet that started this?

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.
More on NFL Live now....

That can literally mean anything. His agent is a league source, he himself is a team source. His agent could have been talking to other teams to gauge interest and then worked with Schefter. If that's your proof try again.

Packers4Glory
05-05-2021, 01:16 PM
That can literally mean anything. His agent is a league source, he himself is a team source. His agent could have been talking to other teams to gauge interest and then worked with Schefter. If that's your proof try again.

no. it's from other teams when you drill into the entire thing. come on. lol. good grief

Bossman641
05-05-2021, 01:23 PM
no. it's from other teams when you drill into the entire thing. come on. lol. good grief

That's exactly what I'm saying.

Dunn - talks to Denver on Rodgers behalf to gauge interest, airing grievances
Denver - sure we'd be interested
Dunn - wink... It'd be too bad if this were made public...wink
Denver - leaks the info

Just because Rodgers didn't call Schefter saying "hey I'm pissed and may not ever return to Packers" doesn't mean he's not the source

Packers4Glory
05-05-2021, 01:27 PM
league sources

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
·
Apr 29
While certain teams have reached out to the Packers to inquire about Aaron Rodgers this off-season, no team has made a trade offer for him, per source.

then this was the follow up story by Schefter on his original tweet. pretty pro organization so I'm guessing most of you arguing that Rodgers leaked this never even read it.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31359453/aaron-rodgers-want-return-green-bay-packers-sources-say

there's zero of anything to think Rodgers let this out. It's pretty obvious despite the head in the sand people here who can't seem to read or possess any reading comprehension.

the league and team sources is also pretty clear. Obviously Schefter talked to some teams around the league because this wasn't a secret around the league. The 49ers inquired the day before the draft. He already had intimate info on what the team supposedly did to try and fix the issues w/ Aaron. It's all there in his story linked to his follow up tweet. I mean. It can't be more clear that this being in the media at this time was not of Rodgers doing.

Joemailman
05-05-2021, 01:38 PM
Mike Garafolo reporting that Rodgers was telling prospective free agents this past season he wouldn't be back. Whether the players believed him is another question.

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1389997796296691719

Sparkey
05-05-2021, 01:48 PM
league sources

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
·
Apr 29
While certain teams have reached out to the Packers to inquire about Aaron Rodgers this off-season, no team has made a trade offer for him, per source.

then this was the follow up story by Schefter on his original tweet. pretty pro organization so I'm guessing most of you arguing that Rodgers leaked this never even read it.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31359453/aaron-rodgers-want-return-green-bay-packers-sources-say

there's zero of anything to think Rodgers let this out. It's pretty obvious despite the head in the sand people here who can't seem to read or possess any reading comprehension.

the league and team sources is also pretty clear. Obviously Schefter talked to some teams around the league because this wasn't a secret around the league. The 49ers inquired the day before the draft. He already had intimate info on what the team supposedly did to try and fix the issues w/ Aaron. It's all there in his story linked to his follow up tweet. I mean. It can't be more clear that this being in the media at this time was not of Rodgers doing.

Rodgers must be really pleased with your ability to control your gag reflex.

SudsMcBucky
05-05-2021, 01:50 PM
league sources

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
·
Apr 29

If anyone has their head in the sand, it appears to be you.

call_me_ishmael
05-05-2021, 01:59 PM
Mike Garafolo reporting that Rodgers was telling prospective free agents this past season he wouldn't be back. Whether the players believed him is another question.

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1389997796296691719

Man, this is really uncool.

Is it fair to say that Aaron was a gigantic liar in his appearances on the Pat McAfee show?

I think Aaron has a gigantic inflated sense of ego if he can even compare himself to the Bulls. He has Pippen and Rodman on his team and won essentially jack shit. He isn't even the 1990s Buffalo Bills where they always get to the dance and lose. Michael Jordan is clearly one of the 5 greatest basketball players of all time - no one would dispute that. I think very few would put Aaron in the top 5 greatest football players of all time.

This sort of commentary from Aaron is going to turn fans on him really quickly. My personal belief is Brett Favre leaving and being a dingleberry about it (amongst the nudes) cost him many millions of dollars and goodwill in Wisconsin. He finally has that good will back now, but it cost him a heck of a lot of prime endorsement time. Aaron's pride is gonna hurt him.

Freak Out
05-05-2021, 02:09 PM
Damn. What a debacle. It will be interesting to see if he shows at camp or is traded in the summer. After this much shite it would be hard for him to go back. Is there a Bretsky poll on Come back, trade or retire?

Fritz
05-05-2021, 02:31 PM
Damn. What a debacle. It will be interesting to see if he shows at camp or is traded in the summer. After this much shite it would be hard for him to go back. Is there a Bretsky poll on Come back, trade or retire?

And like the Bert saga, there will be, someday, a Packer Hall of Fame/Number retirement ceremony for Aaron Rodgers, and we will all sing Kumbaya and reminisce about the good old days and give a big cheer and ovation when silver-haired Aaron Rodgers jogs out onto the field and waves to the crowd.

Funny the perambulations that we humans go through.

I still think there is wrong on both sides, though. Packers wrong not to give him a heads-up on the Love pick, wrong to cut your fourth or fifth receiver candidate when your All Pro QB just gave him an endorsement. Wrong not to include him in general conversations. You don't have to follow his ideas, but ask about what they are.

Rodgers himself seems to be a straight-up grudge-holding asshole. I never questioned that after reading what Mad wrote about seeing him in person, and reading about Rodgers and his family. Shailene better watch out first time they're sitting down watching Netflix and she makes an off-handed comment that Actor X is a good looking guy.

Packers4Glory
05-05-2021, 03:28 PM
Weird what happens to star QB’s & players who become disenchanted with their teams. The amount of attacks & shit that is all of a sudden thrown to the media.

Packers4Glory
05-05-2021, 03:29 PM
If anyone has their head in the sand, it appears to be you.

Sorry you’re unable to process what you read at an age appropriate level.

Upnorth
05-05-2021, 03:29 PM
Great break down of why there is no financial way arod can be traded pre June 1.
https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2021/5/4/22419022/explaining-the-salary-cap-ramifications-of-a-potential-aaron-rodgers-trade
Looking at the numbers leads me to velieve that neither rodgers nor gute leaked the data as it makes no sense to waste all that momentum a month before the trade could occur.
Both the participants are way to smart for that to happen.

Packers4Glory
05-05-2021, 03:33 PM
I’m sure Rodgers wanted this out as he headed for the derby. I think it’sa combined leak from trans around the league & as in the tweet TEAM sources. People seem to keep missing the key words & context of the tweet & article that started this.

Joemailman
05-05-2021, 04:02 PM
https://sports.theonion.com/it-s-him-or-me-says-unhinged-aaron-rodgers-demanding-1846829102

GREEN BAY, WI—Threatening to test the trade market if the front office didn’t intervene, a visibly unhinged Aaron Rodgers told Packers brass Wednesday that it was “him or me” in reference to team custodian Glen Pardlo. “I can’t let another off season go by without getting help cleaning up around here,” said the reigning NFL MVP, who has reportedly been at odds with the custodian since taking over as the Packers’ starting quarterback in 2008. “The front office just isn’t giving me enough protection when you look at the scraps on the field. I’m a real attention-to-detail guy, so it just tears me up to work with someone who’s so careless. I need to have a custodian I can trust, and the franchise has repeatedly failed to invest in this position. It’s been a long time coming with me and Pardlo. I’m at the end of my rope.” At press time, Rodgers fueled trade rumors by following the Broncos’ custodial staff on Instagram.

Joemailman
05-05-2021, 04:54 PM
Great break down of why there is no financial way arod can be traded pre June 1.
https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2021/5/4/22419022/explaining-the-salary-cap-ramifications-of-a-potential-aaron-rodgers-trade
Looking at the numbers leads me to velieve that neither rodgers nor gute leaked the data as it makes no sense to waste all that momentum a month before the trade could occur.
Both the participants are way to smart for that to happen.

I agree that it is unlikely that either Rodgers or the Packers were the leak. The most likely scenario is that one of the teams that wanted to trade for Rodgers leaked it to try and force the Packers' hand. Probably one of the 2 teams the Packers reportedly have accused of tampering.

Upnorth
05-05-2021, 07:17 PM
I agree that it is unlikely that either Rodgers or the Packers were the leak. The most likely scenario is that one of the teams that wanted to trade for Rodgers leaked it to try and force the Packers' hand. Probably one of the 2 teams the Packers reportedly have accused of tampering.

This makes the most sense and based from the 9ers comments I lean towards denver

Joemailman
05-05-2021, 09:04 PM
Mike Clemens
@MikeClemensNFL
· 18m
Former #Packers John Kuhn tells @CBSSportsRadio he's spoken to @AaronRodgers12 this week. "At age 37 he's hoping to insure his career in GB DOES get to 40. He's seen what's happened to other QB's. It may take drastic measures to get there." Still a chance he stays? "Absolutely!"

This could be a positive development. But if drastic measures means Gute getting fired, I don't think it happens.

RashanGary
05-05-2021, 09:51 PM
This could be a positive development. But if drastic measures means Gute getting fired, I don't think it happens.

This is the most reasonable piece of reporting since this thing broke. The packers have a great contract. Negotiations after an MVP season fall in Rodgers favor. I think the Packers will want a 2024 out in the contract so they have one year to see Love before having to make that decision. Will 3 more years of being a guaranteed Packer be enough for 12?

RashanGary
05-05-2021, 09:55 PM
If Love sits for 4 years (what I assumed all along), that will be a good situation for Love. He'll get to watch Rodgers in his absolute mental prime and pick up some things that you can't get anywhere else. I hope the new contract gets done and we're locked into Rodgers for 3 more years.

Packers4Glory
05-05-2021, 09:56 PM

This is a Rodgers leak. More measured & direct instead of the slanderous leaks coming from the team to sway fan opinion. Oldest trick in the book. Especially for the NFL who treats its players like shit.

Jaire
05-05-2021, 10:10 PM
This is the same story as always.

Rodgers has been consistent. Listen to Kuhn. If Gute can't make this happen, he should go yesterday. He's gonna wreck the franchise. Cuz if AR goes, we will see many more go. Davante for sure.

https://twitter.com/CBSSportsRadio/status/1390124833481109504?s=20

RashanGary
05-05-2021, 10:13 PM
This is a Rodgers leak. More measured & direct instead of the slanderous leaks coming from the team to sway fan opinion. Oldest trick in the book. Especially for the NFL who treats its players like shit.

Rodgers came.off an MVP season and he brings a lot to the table. He has the right to want a little more commitment. It didnt have to come out so weird so I don't think he was the leak.

However, if the Packers did it intentionally, that's dirty pool and would have blown up the relationship. Rodgers wants to be back long term so I think he knows the Packers aren't backstabbing him too.

I think it was a friend of Rodgers otherwise I think he'd be pissed at the team right now and be forcing a trade not more commitment. He would also call them out for dirty pool eventually. I just don't see the Packers being low class or dirty like that. So it was accidental by a party close, not anyone calculating

RashanGary
05-05-2021, 10:26 PM
This is the same story as always.

Rodgers has been consistent. Listen to Kuhn. If Gute can't make this happen, he should go yesterday. He's gonna wreck the franchise. Cuz if AR goes, we will see many more go. Davante for sure.

https://twitter.com/CBSSportsRadio/status/1390124833481109504?s=20

Rodgers says, through Kuhn, he wants to be a Packer and doesn't want to get blown up on like Montana and Favre and others. Fits perfectly with the situation and with Rodgers the person. Consistent.

Gute says they're talking contract, and wants Rodgers for the foreseeable future.

I could see a new contract with a 2024 out as the middle ground. That gives us one year of Love on his 5th year option if he's tearing it up and looks like a great player.

call_me_ishmael
05-05-2021, 10:49 PM
Jordan Love isn't sitting until 2024. That fucks up his career. He won't be happy with that. Who would be?

The options are pretty much this:

1. Rodgers does not return at all
2. Packers stand firm and Rodgers caves, move on via trade or cut after this year
3. Packers "redo" his deal giving him a shit load of money this year and cut him so he can go where he wants next year
4. Packers redo his deal and give him a shit load of guaranteed money and trade him and the phat contract after this year
5. Packers redo his deal with the intent to keep him the starter in GB for the next 3-4 years and trade Jordan Love

One of those 5 will almost certainly be the outcome. I think 5 is extraordinarily unlikely but the most sensible one IMO given the realities of talent WRT to Rodgers and Love.

RashanGary
05-05-2021, 10:52 PM
Jordan Love isn't sitting until 2024. That fucks up his career. He won't be happy with that. Who would be?

Well, he might not have much of a choice. I always thought it was 2024 and Rodgers seems to be doing all he can to lock that in. Rodgers will do down with injury between now and then. Love will get his full 5th year to start. It's just barely enough, but enough.

call_me_ishmael
05-05-2021, 10:59 PM
Well, he might not have much of a choice. I always thought it was 2024 and Rodgers seems to be doing all he can to lock that in. Rodgers will do down with injury between now and then. Love will get his full 5th year to start. It's just barely enough, but enough.

You clearly don't manage people because this would be an absolute nightmare. No way does Jordan Love get on board with that. That is not doing right by their players and would have cascading negative impact throughout the team. No one would ever agree to those terms and it isn't operating in good faith. It's essentially bondage because of being drafted to a bad situation. JLove isn't going into year 5 with no experience and no long term stability. Not a chance.

Generally compensation, role, expectations, desires, etc are all aligned and agreed upon so all parties are happy and win. NFL isn't typical business but it is common decency to not be a fuck head like that. Zero percent chance Jordan Love would be okay with that.

HarveyWallbangers
05-05-2021, 11:49 PM
I thought 2022 when Love was drafted, but Rodgers MVP year pushed that back another year for me. If they don't trade him, give him a contract that guarantees that he won't be kicked to the curb before 2023. I suspect that's what Gute has been offering.

Jaire
05-06-2021, 12:33 AM
Brandt has cleared up what Gute has been offering: NOTHING "beyond" this year. And Brandt has been playing the mouthpiece for the FO. It's "bad communication." No. It's a completely unaccountable GM & pres who at least to my satisfaction has shown that he has no clue: he's drafted enough for me to see that he doesn't know how to uses the draft.

Any owner in the NFL would have fired Gute for what he is now doing. He is risking the franchise right now. Cuz it will cause an exodus of players especially if Love flops. It puts MLF in an impossible spot too.

bobblehead
05-06-2021, 03:31 AM
Brandt has cleared up what Gute has been offering: NOTHING "beyond" this year. And Brandt has been playing the mouthpiece for the FO. It's "bad communication." No. It's a completely unaccountable GM & pres who at least to my satisfaction has shown that he has no clue: he's drafted enough for me to see that he doesn't know how to uses the draft.

Any owner in the NFL would have fired Gute for what he is now doing. He is risking the franchise right now. Cuz it will cause an exodus of players especially if Love flops. It puts MLF in an impossible spot too.

13-3, NFCC game. 13-3, NFCC game.

Packers4Glory
05-06-2021, 05:27 AM
League & team sources. Not rodgers friend. Typically if it was on a players side as a source it reads “someone close to rodgers”. Teams in the league talked & he then followed up with sources inside the team & got confirmation. If it’splayers sourced, it reads “a player” or “teammate” “former teammate” ect.

Rodgers is now letting his friends leak what he wants & wanted. Did he make fun of Gute? I believe me did. Krauss got shit but he also got lost in his own ego a the end & blew that team up too soon because he thought he could build another championship without MJ & Pippen. If you weren’t a bulls fan you just don’t know.

RashanGary
05-06-2021, 05:56 AM
I thought 2022 when Love was drafted, but Rodgers MVP year pushed that back another year for me. If they don't trade him, give him a contract that guarantees that he won't be kicked to the curb before 2023. I suspect that's what Gute has been offering.

I always thought 2024. It gives Love the 5th year option to play under. The pick was a year too early. But if they Love, Love and hes a HOfer, its still worth it. I never thought they were in a hurry to rush 12 out, just couldn't pass up on an elite prospect at that position and figured they could get Rodgers to 40 and then get that 5th year of love plus injury time.

Bretsky
05-06-2021, 07:09 AM
Unless Love turns into a HOF'er in today's market where QB's are NFL ready much sooner having Love start on 5th year would support my view that it was a bad pick IMO.

Joemailman
05-06-2021, 07:58 AM
If Rodgers gets the extension he wants, Love will be here through 2022 and then traded. Hopefully by then he'll have shown enough in preseason games or starts where Rodgers is hurt that he'll have some market value. They're not going to make Love sit on the bench for 4 or 5 years as Rodger' sidekick. It wouldn't be fair. It would be the same as 2008. The Packers were pressuring Favre to make a decision early in 2008 on whether he would play because they knew they really couldn't make Rodgers sit any more. He was ready to start. Guys have a right to pursue their career.

If Rodgers gets the extension he wants, the only way I see Love becoming the Packers starting QB is if Rodgers suffers a career-altering injury.

run pMc
05-06-2021, 08:30 AM
I always thought 2024. It gives Love the 5th year option to play under. The pick was a year too early. But if they Love, Love and hes a HOfer, its still worth it. I never thought they were in a hurry to rush 12 out, just couldn't pass up on an elite prospect at that position and figured they could get Rodgers to 40 and then get that 5th year of love plus injury time.

Do you realize what the 5th year option on a QB is? That's a lot of money to pay for a QB with little-to-no pro experience. The 5th year at best locks them in that year and gives you a chance to work out an extension that can be cap-friendly long-term, but you better know what you're getting.
Also -- IF Rodgers somehow comes back with an extension, next year Love's camp is going to be asking mgmt when/where he's going to play and likely demand a trade.

I'm highly skeptical Love sits on the bench for GB until 2024.

Fritz
05-06-2021, 08:35 AM
Rodgers says, through Kuhn, he wants to be a Packer and doesn't want to get blown up on like Montana and Favre and others. Fits perfectly with the situation and with Rodgers the person. Consistent.

Gute says they're talking contract, and wants Rodgers for the foreseeable future.

I could see a new contract with a 2024 out as the middle ground. That gives us one year of Love on his 5th year option if he's tearing it up and looks like a great player.

How do you know this? Did Kuhn say that Rodgers told him all this? Or are these the opinions of a guy who played with Rodgers like five years ago and is basing his opinions on his interactions with Rodgers back in the day?

As for those of you who think Love would be a "wasted" pick if he sits behind Rodgers for three years and then is traded (even for something like a fifth round pick), it is only wasted if Love is a poor backup, ala Brett Hundley. If he's a good backup QB for Rodgers, then you got a few seasons of a guy who can come in and win some games when your superstar goes down. Not ideal as far as what you want from a late-first round pick, but that happens often - not just to QB's who get drafted there. Datone Jones, Derrick Sherrod, etc, etc.

If he's a really good prospect and they can trade him in three years for a late first round or second round pick, great. If they get a backup-QB type of pick, like a fifth or sixth rounder, well, okay. Not great but okay. But you took a shot, just like you do with any player.

And who's to say Rodgers won't get hurt seriously enough that Love becomes the starter? People seem to be discounting that possibility, but it's real enough. At that point, we'd see what the team has with the guy.

ThunderDan
05-06-2021, 08:51 AM
Unless Love turns into a HOF'er in today's market where QB's are NFL ready much sooner having Love start on 5th year would support my view that it was a bad pick IMO.

Did you say ARod was a "bad pick" when he sat on the bench for 3 years and would have for a 4th if BF hadn't retired after 2007?

Packers4Glory
05-06-2021, 08:52 AM
How do you know this? Did Kuhn say that Rodgers told him all this? Or are these the opinions of a guy who played with Rodgers like five years ago and is basing his opinions on his interactions with Rodgers back in the day?

As for those of you who think Love would be a "wasted" pick if he sits behind Rodgers for three years and then is traded (even for something like a fifth round pick), it is only wasted if Love is a poor backup, ala Brett Hundley. If he's a good backup QB for Rodgers, then you got a few seasons of a guy who can come in and win some games when your superstar goes down. Not ideal as far as what you want from a late-first round pick, but that happens often - not just to QB's who get drafted there. Datone Jones, Derrick Sherrod, etc, etc.

If he's a really good prospect and they can trade him in three years for a late first round or second round pick, great. If they get a backup-QB type of pick, like a fifth or sixth rounder, well, okay. Not great but okay. But you took a shot, just like you do with any player.

And who's to say Rodgers won't get hurt seriously enough that Love becomes the starter? People seem to be discounting that possibility, but it's real enough. At that point, we'd see what the team has with the guy.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10002141-aaron-rodgers-conflicted-about-packers-future-amid-trade-rumors-john-kuhn-says

John Kuhn, who was teammates with Rodgers for nine years on the Packers, said he recently spoke with the three-time MVP during an interview with Zach Gelb of CBS Sports Radio (h/t Curtis Crabtree of Pro Football Talk).

Kuhn also explained he believes Rodgers wants to secure his future with the Packers:

"He has a little bit of leverage here in this situation and I think that’s going to put the Green Bay Packers in a tough spot. Ultimately, at the end of the day, I truly believe Aaron wants to come back to Green Bay, but he doesn’t want to do it on a lame-duck contract which, even though there’s three years on his contract if you really look at the terms of it, it pretty much sets up for a clean break at the end of the 2021 season for the Packers...considering that Jordan Love is on a rookie salary. So I think that he wants more insurance that he’s going to be a long-term starting quarterback option for the Green Bay Packers and that I believe is something that would intrigue him to make amends with the team and come back to this season."

Packers4Glory
05-06-2021, 08:59 AM
Did you say ARod was a "bad pick" when he sat on the bench for 3 years and would have for a 4th if BF hadn't retired after 2007?
stop comparing this with Favre. Favre was wishy washy on his own future. GB had no choice but to seriously consider that he could retire any moment. He wasn't even sure leading up to the drafts if he was back or not. Rodgers has held steadfast in his plans for his career. Completely different situations. Love was a bad pick no matter what happens because they moved up and lost a 4th round pick to draft a back up on a team a win away from a title. And despite the narrative that Rogers was on the down side, he actually had played extremely well considering the weapons he had. There's a reason he had so many throw aways the previous years. nobody not named Adams could get open. 2018 was due to equal parts lack of WR talent and part predictable MM offense. 2019 equal parts due to the same lack of WR talent and a new offense. That's just not the pick you make when. you're a legit SB contender. you either add to the front 7 on defense or grab one of several WR's to help. either pick likely helps you in 2020 and certainly more in 2021.

To make matters worse, consider the frick'n bears, vikings, and 49ers managed to reach out to their QB in this draft to tell them about drafting a QB.

HarveyWallbangers
05-06-2021, 09:07 AM

There's no way that's what they thought initially. You don't draft a guy intending him to sit for four years. Plus, the 5th year option is expensive. You have to know what you have by the 4th year, so you know if the player is worth the extension. 2023 would have been the furthest out they were thinking. Rodgers looked like a player on the decline. Turns out it was more about Rodgers mental focus. He had checked out at the end of the McCarthy era and hadn't fully embraced MLF. There was always a chance though that Rodgers would continue to play well and you keep him--just like Brady and New England with Jimmy G. If that happens, you have a good backup for several years and you hope the young guy plays enough (and well enough) that you can recoup some of the draft capital.

Packers4Glory
05-06-2021, 09:21 AM
It was always 2022 with a worst case of 2023 if things didn't go as they expected. That's why we also drafted Dillon and the crappy ass TE in the 3rd. It was all for 2022.

Upnorth
05-06-2021, 10:18 AM
The reason they drafted love was he had been in a decline for the previous 4 years (one of which had a substantial injury). Each year he looked worse and missed more open receivers. They get a new system he had a full year to heal and then has the worst year of his career. Then they drafted a qb to develop over the next few years.
Then he becomes an MVP. If he had stayed at the same level of play or even just gotten a touch better then love still looks like a good pick. We arr adjusting our past perspective because of the MVP year that no one saw coming.
Its like the cancel culture, you said something fine in the 90's that is inappropriate by todays standards and now you are demonized.

call_me_ishmael
05-06-2021, 10:49 AM

Elite prospect? LOL boy you have been drinking too much wine bruh. Jordan Love is not an elite prospect of a quarterback. He was the 5th best QB prospect in a shitty QB year. Every year there are 4-6 guys better than him.

I don't really think anyone picked outside of the top 5 is ever considered an elite prospect personally. Andy Luck is an elite QB prospect and they come around once every ten years. Jordan Love is a tier 4 QB prospect IMO. Tier one being the once-a-decade player, tier two being the #1 pick on a typical year, tier three being the 3-4 guys picked in the top 10 and tier four being a fringe first rounded, generally the 5th or 6th QB drafted each year.

ThunderDan
05-06-2021, 10:50 AM
stop comparing this with Favre. Favre was wishy washy on his own future. GB had no choice but to seriously consider that he could retire any moment. He wasn't even sure leading up to the drafts if he was back or not. Rodgers has held steadfast in his plans for his career. Completely different situations. Love was a bad pick no matter what happens because they moved up and lost a 4th round pick to draft a back up on a team a win away from a title. And despite the narrative that Rogers was on the down side, he actually had played extremely well considering the weapons he had. There's a reason he had so many throw aways the previous years. nobody not named Adams could get open. 2018 was due to equal parts lack of WR talent and part predictable MM offense. 2019 equal parts due to the same lack of WR talent and a new offense. That's just not the pick you make when. you're a legit SB contender. you either add to the front 7 on defense or grab one of several WR's to help. either pick likely helps you in 2020 and certainly more in 2021.

To make matters worse, consider the frick'n bears, vikings, and 49ers managed to reach out to their QB in this draft to tell them about drafting a QB.

I am talking about it being a "bad pick" because a player sits on the bench. I am not comparing the current situation with the BF situation.

Just stop being an asshole to everyone. Stop feeling like everyone is personal out to get you. It is OK to have different perspectives on the same event.

call_me_ishmael
05-06-2021, 10:51 AM
If Rodgers gets the extension he wants, Love will be here through 2022 and then traded. Hopefully by then he'll have shown enough in preseason games or starts where Rodgers is hurt that he'll have some market value. They're not going to make Love sit on the bench for 4 or 5 years as Rodger' sidekick. It wouldn't be fair. It would be the same as 2008. The Packers were pressuring Favre to make a decision early in 2008 on whether he would play because they knew they really couldn't make Rodgers sit any more. He was ready to start. Guys have a right to pursue their career.

If Rodgers gets the extension he wants, the only way I see Love becoming the Packers starting QB is if Rodgers suffers a career-altering injury.

Are signing bonuses tradeable or would the Pack be on the hook for all of the bonus money they put in an extension? Andy Brandt mentioned signing him to either all cash this year, or a longer deal with a bonus and trading it with Rodgers. Not sure the latter is a thing though.

Joemailman
05-06-2021, 10:59 AM
It was always 2022 with a worst case of 2023 if things didn't go as they expected. That's why we also drafted Dillon and the crappy ass TE in the 3rd. It was all for 2022.

No. They drafted Dillon because they knew there was a good chance they would lose both Jones and Williams in free agency. They lost Williams. They probably would have lost Jones if he had sough top dollar. DeGuara was perfect fit for MLF's offense. He would have gotten significant playing time in 2020 if he hadn't torn his ACL.

HarveyWallbangers
05-06-2021, 11:17 AM
I've been hard on Rodgers, but I will say, for me, this comes down to how much commitment is each side offering/seeking. To me, a two year commitment seems fair. The Packers have to have some kind of an out for a 38-year-old QB--especially with Love waiting in the wings. I think it's fair to Rodgers for Gute to commit to two years. If Gute isn't offering more than a one year commitment, then I can see Rodgers side of the story. If Gute is offering a two year commitment but Rodgers wants more, then I can see Gute's side of the story. I think two years is the sweet spot. If Rodgers continues playing at an MVP level, the rest will take of itself.

sharpe1027
05-06-2021, 11:42 AM
Rodgers can want 20 years commitment, that's his prerogative. Doesn't mean the Packers' organization should agree. They both need to determine whether they are willing to part ways over their respective preferences on this and other disagreements. We'll see if one side blinks, but we should be prepared for a messy divorce.

Spaulding
05-06-2021, 11:48 AM
One of the better articles on the Packer-Rodgers drama from Wisconsin writer Demovsky presenting both sides:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31389204/aaron-rodgers-packers-standoff-how-make-amends-split-mean

RashanGary
05-06-2021, 12:25 PM
I am talking about it being a "bad pick" because a player sits on the bench. I am not comparing the current situation with the BF situation.

Just stop being an asshole to everyone. Stop feeling like everyone is personal out to get you. It is OK to have different perspectives on the same event.

He has two talking points

1 Rodgers wasn't contemplating retirement

And

2 they gave up a 4th round pick, which is over the top price for a quarterback

He fits those two talking points into every conversation like it's proof Love was a wasted pick. 12 will probably be injured in the next couple years. We’ll see if Love keeps us in it.

RashanGary
05-06-2021, 12:28 PM
Elite prospect? LOL boy you have been drinking too much wine bruh. Jordan Love is not an elite prospect of a quarterback. He was the 5th best QB prospect in a shitty QB year. Every year there are 4-6 guys better than him.

I don't really think anyone picked outside of the top 5 is ever considered an elite prospect personally. Andy Luck is an elite QB prospect and they come around once every ten years. Jordan Love is a tier 4 QB prospect IMO. Tier one being the once-a-decade player, tier two being the #1 pick on a typical year, tier three being the 3-4 guys picked in the top 10 and tier four being a fringe first rounded, generally the 5th or 6th QB drafted each year.

Mahommes, Watson and Lamar would like a word. There are elite prospects taken later than pick #1. Not everyone views a prospect the same.

RashanGary
05-06-2021, 12:31 PM
I've been hard on Rodgers, but I will say, for me, this comes down to how much commitment is each side offering/seeking. To me, a two year commitment seems fair. The Packers have to have some kind of an out for a 38-year-old QB--especially with Love waiting in the wings. I think it's fair to Rodgers for Gute to commit to two years. If Gute isn't offering more than a one year commitment, then I can see Rodgers side of the story. If Gute is offering a two year commitment but Rodgers wants more, then I can see Gute's side of the story. I think two years is the sweet spot. If Rodgers continues playing at an MVP level, the rest will take of itself.

Two years makes sense. Three is a worst case sinerio because you still have that 5th year option. They're probably hashing that out right now.

call_me_ishmael
05-06-2021, 01:09 PM

I bet he'd be open to 2 years of guaranteed money with additional non-guaranteed years after if they traded love
3+ if they don't.

The reason being is I think he intends to play more than 2 more years. I don't think he ever wants to get pushed aside for the Love machine.

Just my uninformed opinion obviously.

call_me_ishmael
05-06-2021, 01:10 PM
Mahommes, Watson and Lamar would like a word. There are elite prospects taken later than pick #1. Not everyone views a prospect the same.

Mahomes went 10. Watson went 12. Lamar was not an elite prospect and arguably Mahomes and Watson weren't either. Mahomes and Watson were tier 3 IMO and both have outdone themselves obviously.

I was #1 on the Watson wagon, but IMO he wasn't without questions. He was surrounded by elite, roided talent, and he doesn't have an elite arm or size or speed. Really he doesn't check a lot of boxes on paper but he sure wins.

Joemailman
05-06-2021, 01:22 PM
Zach Kruse
@zachkruse2
James Jones on NFL Network just now: "I speak with Aaron all the time. It has nothing to do with getting the GM fired. It has nothing to do with a new contract and getting money...I think it's fixable."

Well if it's not about getting the GM fired, and it's not about a new contract, what is it about? I think it's about the contract.

Packers4Glory
05-06-2021, 01:26 PM
No. They drafted Dillon because they knew there was a good chance they would lose both Jones and Williams in free agency. They lost Williams. They probably would have lost Jones if he had sough top dollar. DeGuara was perfect fit for MLF's offense. He would have gotten significant playing time in 2020 if he hadn't torn his ACL.

They held the cards on Jones. They could have tagged him if they couldn't work out a deal. Which with running backs that may be the better route to go when you get to this point instead of resigning them to a longer deal.

Don't get me wrong. I like Dillon. I just think the pick only made sense if they were going to let Jones walk. They could have used that money elsewhere to shore up some spots or put it towards Lindsley. IDK. O line is going to make a big difference in making or breaking Love when/If he's handed the keys to the offense.

The TE was a complete waste of a pick. He wasn't going to make any impact healthy or not last year. They had to reach for him because at best he was a 4th round guy, which most I think had him 5th or later.

Sparkey
05-06-2021, 01:30 PM

By that definition, Rodgers was not an elite level prospect.

RashanGary
05-06-2021, 01:46 PM
Mahomes went 10. Watson went 12. Lamar was not an elite prospect and arguably Mahomes and Watson weren't either. Mahomes and Watson were tier 3 IMO and both have outdone themselves obviously.

I was #1 on the Watson wagon, but IMO he wasn't without questions. He was surrounded by elite, roided talent, and he doesn't have an elite arm or size or speed. Really he doesn't check a lot of boxes on paper but he sure wins.

Draft position doesn’t equal nfl success. KC moved up for Mahommes even tho he was the third QB taken. Bears moved up for Trubisky to #2 and failed. It’s how right you are about the player. I think the Packers think they’re right about Love.

texaspackerbacker
05-06-2021, 02:11 PM
This all world piece of shit, Schefter, the bastard who started all the trouble, admitted on ESPN this morning that he basically conjured up the mess out of thin air - "an accumulation of things over time" - nothing new, nothing from Rodgers, nothing from the Packers, nothing. If this does all end up with negotiations breaking down and we lose Rodgers, then God damned Schefter should be lynched from the tree right next to Gutekunst.

Source: clip of Schefter on the Dan Patrick show on Mcaffee today

Fritz
05-06-2021, 02:16 PM
Well if it's not about getting the GM fired, and it's not about a new contract, what is it about? I think it's about the contract.

So if it's not about gettin Gute foired, anmd if it's not about a new contract, then what is it?

Is this where we should read between the lines - it's not about getting Gute fired but it is about Rodgers having more say in personnel? And it's not about a "new" contract but an extension for X number of years?

Clarify, James.

HarveyWallbangers
05-06-2021, 02:30 PM
I suspect the third year is the issue. Rodgers wants to know he’ll be on the Packers until 40. Could they guarantee him two years + incentives that would basically guarantee the third year. Say, an incentive that if finishes top 5 in MVP the second year, he gets an almost guaranteed 3rd year?

Sparkey
05-06-2021, 02:43 PM
So if it's not about gettin Gute foired, anmd if it's not about a new contract, then what is it?

Is this where we should read between the lines - it's not about getting Gute fired but it is about Rodgers having more say in personnel? And it's not about a "new" contract but an extension for X number of years?

Clarify, James.

Maybe he wants a say in personnel like Michael Jordan did. He should ask Mike how that went in Charlotte...

call_me_ishmael
05-06-2021, 02:44 PM
By that definition, Rodgers was not an elite level prospect.

I guess I don't think he was. There were a lot of questions about him - which is sort of odd because the way Andrew Brandt frames it, the Packers knew right away he was gonna be a stud but teams didn't see it in workouts? Seems unusual to me.

call_me_ishmael
05-06-2021, 02:48 PM
This all world piece of shit, Schefter, the bastard who started all the trouble, admitted on ESPN this morning that he basically conjured up the mess out of thin air - "an accumulation of things over time" - nothing new, nothing from Rodgers, nothing from the Packers, nothing. If this does all end up with negotiations breaking down and we lose Rodgers, then God damned Schefter should be lynched from the tree right next to Gutekunst.

Source: clip of Schefter on the Dan Patrick show on Mcaffee today

That's not what he said at all. He said there was no definitive source on that day, it was many sources over many days is what he said.

RashanGary
05-06-2021, 02:52 PM
I guess I don't think he was. There were a lot of questions about him - which is sort of odd because the way Andrew Brandt frames it, the Packers knew right away he was gonna be a stud but teams didn't see it in workouts? Seems unusual to me.

And maybe the Packers feel equally good about Love right now. They didn’t take him because they think he’s a bad prospect. In fact, they better feel pretty good about him to move up and take him.

Packers4Glory
05-06-2021, 02:54 PM
That's not what he said at all. He said there was no definitive source on that day, it was many sources over many days is what h.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/adam-schefter-explained-why-he-broke-the-aaron-rodgers-news-on-draft-day-and-heres-why-fans-shouldnt-be-angry/ar-BB1gqZf5

Stupid fucker said league & team sources right in his tweet lol

Te

Sparkey
05-06-2021, 02:58 PM

Interestingly, it was said it was between him and Alex Smith for #1 by the 49ers. I think, if anything, it shows that most of the so called talent experts really have no idea what is what. Rodgers greatly benefited being on the sidelines for a few years. He may or may not say that, but if you watch his tape at Cal and watch his tape in his first year as a starter and it hardly looks like the same qb. What if he was named a starter year 1 ? We can only guess .....

Freak Out
05-06-2021, 02:59 PM
So JJ said he has heard from Arod and this is fixable without anyone getting fired, etc. Said he believes he'll be playing in GB this year.

Sparkey
05-06-2021, 03:04 PM
So JJ said he has heard from Arod and this is fixable without anyone getting fired, etc. Said he believes he'll be playing in GB this year.

John Kuhn sort of reported the same thing.

Joemailman
05-06-2021, 05:36 PM
https://www.nfl.com/news/james-jones-aaron-rodgers-packers-saga-fixable-a-j-hawk-hopeful-sides-can-work-i

Link to interview with James Jones and A.J. Hawk.

texaspackerbacker
05-06-2021, 06:29 PM
That's not what he said at all. He said there was no definitive source on that day, it was many sources over many days is what he said.

He ducked and dodged and himmed and hawed, and Dan Patrick had a smirk on his face all while he was trying to pin the asshole down. Schefter is nothing but a lying sack of shit - which is to say, a typical media member.

Packers4Glory
05-06-2021, 06:38 PM
He ducked and dodged and himmed and hawed, and Dan Patrick had a smirk on his face all while he was trying to pin the asshole down. Schefter is nothing but a lying sack of shit - which is to say, a typical media member.

When he asked about the decision to release this info did you see him smith & take a big drink of coffee

Joemailman
05-06-2021, 06:49 PM
Here's the clip of Patrick asking Schefter about the source.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwQ80B05Jis

Sparkey
05-06-2021, 09:09 PM
Here's the clip of Patrick asking Schefter about the source.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwQ80B05Jis
Shefter should be fired. He is a gossip columnist.

texaspackerbacker
05-06-2021, 09:09 PM
I suspect the third year is the issue. Rodgers wants to know he’ll be on the Packers until 40. Could they guarantee him two years + incentives that would basically guarantee the third year. Say, an incentive that if finishes top 5 in MVP the second year, he gets an almost guaranteed 3rd year?

You should be an arbitration specialist. That sounds like a fair and equitable solution for all and a strong chance for continued excellence for the team.

TravisWilliams23
05-06-2021, 09:45 PM
Dan Patrick's 1st question: "Did you get a phone call or a text?" Shefter then tries to explain it was an accumulation of just listening to people talk and observing. Then Shefter brings up the NFC Championship game post game presser. He thinks AR was saying goodbye to Green Bay. Rarely a week went by the Shefter didn't hear something about AR. So what I get from this clip is Shefter basically made up a story about AR from what he "Shefter" interpreted from different articles or clips or hearsay that went on during the off season. The Patrick asks "You chose to break the news on draft day?" Shefter says "It just happened to be draft day. There wasn't a source." Shefter did exactly what he intended to do: Got his name mentioned on the biggest draft day news story. Doesn't matter there were no "actual" sources, just innuendo and guessing of Adam's part. Now AR and the GBP are left to fix in public what Shefter started.

call_me_ishmael
05-06-2021, 10:55 PM
Or he's right on the money and there is nothing to dispute. How did he make it up when Mark Murphy literally released a statement confirming it?

Schefter isn't going to say who is source is obviously. This was obviously sourced.

Bossman641
05-06-2021, 10:56 PM

X1000

And it's all based on odds. I'm not a QB genius. Could Love be the rare qb worth waiting on for 3 years? Of course

I'd rather play the odds of maximizing a cheap rookie Qb contract for 3-4; years.

texaspackerbacker
05-07-2021, 12:00 AM
Or he's right on the money and there is nothing to dispute. How did he make it up when Mark Murphy literally released a statement confirming it?

Schefter isn't going to say who is source is obviously. This was obviously sourced.

Why would you defend this piece of crap? You are factually wrong. Nothing Murphy said confirmed the shit he conjured up.

Little by little, it seems like things are beginning to shape up in this whole disgusting mess. I think it will get resolved and we'll have Rodgers for at least 3 years, hopefully 4, 5, or more - no thanks to any of the God damned media shitheads.

RashanGary
05-07-2021, 01:02 AM

It was true that 12 was upset. He seems to be using heresay and gossip more than an actual source.

Packers4Glory
05-07-2021, 05:51 AM
Have the rodgers texts been leaked? I mean one yet to see a story on techs without screenshots.

Joemailman
05-07-2021, 07:15 AM

There's a lot of blaming the messenger here. Schefter took information he'd had for a while and reported it when he would have a big audience. Even guys like Kuhn and James Jones who think this can get resolved admit there's a real issue here. It's not just something Schefter made up.

smuggler
05-07-2021, 07:45 AM
I lost a lot of respect for Schefter after all this. If he didn't have a source he should have saved face and not said so rather than trying to justify himself days later. I get that it's his job, but he went about it incorrectly and sensationalized this when in almost all worlds Rodgers plays Packer football in 2021.

Anti-Polar Bear
05-07-2021, 08:47 AM

It’s all about love, pun unintended. Rodgers, like any working person, just wants to be loved.

Packers4Glory
05-07-2021, 09:45 AM
There's a lot of blaming the messenger here. Schefter took information he'd had for a while and reported it when he would have a big audience. Even guys like Kuhn and James Jones who think this can get resolved admit there's a real issue here. It's not just something Schefter made up.

He also lied. He said league & team sources. Then says there was no source. Strange.

call_me_ishmael
05-07-2021, 09:50 AM

Exactly. I totally agree. I think what we can accept as tablestakes is that Schefter talked to several people both inside the Packers org, inside other orgs, and inside Rodgers camp. He's never going to say who is his source is - journalists don't do that.

SudsMcBucky
05-07-2021, 09:56 AM
He also lied. He said league & team sources. Then says there was no source. Strange.

Yep, Schefter is looking really bad on this one.

Joemailman
05-07-2021, 10:10 AM
nm

texaspackerbacker
05-07-2021, 12:41 PM
Respect is something that nobody should ever have for any media puke. Virtually anybody can write, as evidenced by this and other forums. Having the supreme gall to boldface lie, conjure up stories, or even putting it in the most positive possible light, collecting rumors and speculation and spewing them as fact, THAT's what it takes to be a God damned "journalist", and if that isn't bad enough, doing those things with an agenda of causing trouble as that piece of shit, Schefter - it is becoming clear - did.

The only people with even a shred of credibility are former players with direct knowledge of a person or situation, and even they need to be taken with a grain of salt.

When I say things seem to be showing signs of shaping up, I base it on the latter - former Packer players coming forward and giving their version of things.

call_me_ishmael
05-07-2021, 02:03 PM
I'm sure Adam Schefter gets paid millions of dollars per year for making shit up.

The stark reality is all of this is true.

When I see Aaron's peeps jump to his defense and say this is salvageable, my spidey sense indicates that the Packers have held firm and Rodgers is slowly walking it back and will accept a contract since his threat of retirement didn't get him in Denver or SF on draft day.

Joemailman
05-07-2021, 02:11 PM
San Francisco is likely where he wanted to go, but that was never going to happen. Denver though needs a QB and could make the Packers a pretty strong offer.

RashanGary
05-07-2021, 03:00 PM
I like getting the Packers story from Packers.com because while Gute sugar coats a little at least it’s from his mouth and you can read between the lines a little.

I like getting Rodgers view from McCaffy because at least it comes from Rodgers mouth. I respect Jones, Kuhn and Hawks views on Rodgers too.

When you take the reliable sourcing (from the team and Rodgers), basically 12 wants a little more security and Gute is trying to iron it out with a contract. It’s a healthy compromise as far as I can see. Shelter blew it up into something it wasn’t. It was never about a guy taking his ball and going home because he refused to compromise. It was just never that. And that’s what shef and company made it seem. And the Packers were never dead set on not hearing Rodgers either. Both Lafleur and Gute said they’re trying to resolve it with contract and communication. There’s nothing to see here other than an MVP asking for a little more security with the team and the team understanding and ironing it out.

smuggler
05-07-2021, 04:12 PM
When you take the reliable sourcing (from the team and Rodgers), basically 12 wants a little more security and Gute is trying to iron it out with a contract. It’s a healthy compromise as far as I can see. Shelter blew it up into something it wasn’t. It was never about a guy taking his ball and going home because he refused to compromise. It was just never that. And that’s what shef and company made it seem. And the Packers were never dead set on not hearing Rodgers either. Both Lafleur and Gute said they’re trying to resolve it with contract and communication. There’s nothing to see here other than an MVP asking for a little more security with the team and the team understanding and ironing it out.

Quoted for truth

Joemailman
05-07-2021, 05:30 PM
Heard some opinionated stuff lately, but not like this:

https://larrybrownsports.com/football/packers-player-petty-aaron-rodgers-not-back-down/578546

An anonymous current Packers player shared his thoughts on the Rodgers situation with Tyler Dunne, a former Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reporter who now runs a site called Go Long. According to Dunne, the player does not envision Rodgers returning to Green Bay.

“Aaron is an intelligent, trolling, petty, motherf—er,” Rodgers’ teammate reportedly said. “He’s going to get the last laugh. He’s going to make you look f—ing stupid for disrespecting him.

“As a front office, why haven’t you anticipated this? Why are you getting blindsided? I’m not saying Aaron’s evil but this is like a criminal mastermind plan.”

Rodgers has been angry with the Packers since they traded up in the first round to draft quarterback Jordan Love last year. What bothered him more is that they made the move without informing him ahead of time. Rodgers was also bothered by at least one other Roster move Green Bay made in the past year.

Dunne also spoke with a former Packers executive who said he is certain Rodgers will either be traded or retire.

“Put it this way: they’d have to fire everybody,” the former executive said. “He is dug in. They’d have to make him the freakin’ owner of the team. The sense I get is the dude just wants control.”

Joemailman
05-07-2021, 05:36 PM
Mile Holmgren has chimed in:

https://clutchpoints.com/packers-news-mike-holmgren-slams-packers-for-handling-of-aaron-rodgers-fiasco/

The 72-year-old -- who coached the Pack from 1992-1998 -- broke it all down on the "Carmen and Jurko" show on ESPN Chicago ... saying straight-up the Packers blew their marriage with the QB.

"I can't imagine a relationship between the coach, or management, or whoever is making the decisions and a star quarterback like that getting to this point," Holmgren says.

"I just can't imagine it. I wouldn't allow it. It wouldn't happen."

Holmgren says the team should have looped in Rodgers before it drafted Jordan Love in 2020 ... adding Green Bay should've done everything in its power to keep the future Hall of Famer happy.

"With a franchise quarterback and a guy as good as Aaron -- you don't treat all the players the same," Holmgren said. "You have a line that no one crosses, but I would call him in and say, 'Look, we're going to do this. This is how it's going to affect you.'"

"'We've got to get ready for when you retire. We've got to kind of think of the franchise. But, nothing's going to happen now. You're the man. You're the guy.'"

Holmgren says he believes that would have resolved issues ... and even if it didn't, he says he would've found other ways to fix it.

Of course, Mike acknowledges back in his day he never really had to have conversations like these -- saying when he was with San Francisco, they never told Joe Montana about bringing in Steve Young.

Holmgren, though, explained, "It's a different world now. It's a different world."

For their part, the Packers say they're confident the issues with Rodgers will be fixed in time for the 2021 season ... with GM Brian Gutekunst saying just days ago, "I do think he'll play for us again."

Joemailman
05-07-2021, 06:11 PM
I like getting the Packers story from Packers.com because while Gute sugar coats a little at least it’s from his mouth and you can read between the lines a little.

I like getting Rodgers view from McCaffy because at least it comes from Rodgers mouth. I respect Jones, Kuhn and Hawks views on Rodgers too.

Placing any bets?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E00NGF0WUAEBKET?format=jpg&name=small

Bretsky
05-07-2021, 06:38 PM
Why would you defend this piece of crap? You are factually wrong. Nothing Murphy said confirmed the shit he conjured up.

Little by little, it seems like things are beginning to shape up in this whole disgusting mess. I think it will get resolved and we'll have Rodgers for at least 3 years, hopefully 4, 5, or more - no thanks to any of the God damned media shitheads.

I too hope it's shaped up

But the mess is real. The Media didn't make anything up IMO. They just brought it out on a national level. Who knows....maybe that pressures both sides to get the solution faster.

Bretsky
05-07-2021, 06:39 PM

https://clutchpoints.com/packers-news-mike-holmgren-slams-packers-for-handling-of-aaron-rodgers-fiasco/

Thanks for posting Joe; outside of GB this reflect how much feel.

Packers4Glory
05-07-2021, 06:46 PM

Common sense. When the bears can do it with a guy they’ve called qb1 for 4 weeks that says all you need to. Either they’re inept leaders or they didn’t give a shit & planned on next year anyway.

I just don’t see how anyone can read it any other way

Bossman641
05-07-2021, 10:39 PM
Knowing what we know about Rodgers, do you really think telling him you're drafting Love would make a difference? There's an alternate universe where they inform Rodgers, he asks them not to do it and they do anyways, and he complains the personnel department doesn't listen to him. This belief that he'd be fine with the Love pick if they had just told him about it makes no sense.

call_me_ishmael
05-07-2021, 11:05 PM
This passage is accurate and never got the love it deserves.

Rodgers was 36 at the time. I disagree and so does precedent. Did the Broncos take a QB in the first when they had Manning? Did the Buccanears with Brady? Did the Saints with Brees? Did the Steelers with Roethlisberger? Did the Cardinals with whats-his-name? Did the Chargers with Phillip Rivers? Did the Giants take a QB to sit on the bench behind Manning for a few years?

In the case of most of the above, they were playing at a much lower level than what Rodgers was. Arguably Rodgers was more injury prone, I will entertain that. And I'm not Rodgers fan, he has his own host of problems.

The stark reality is I cannot find a single situation analogous to Rodgers/Love in recent history with a top tier QB. I guess the two that come to mind are Montana -> Steve Young, and Favre -> Rodgers. One could maybe make the case of Manning -> Luck but that is a wildly different situation (Manning coming off potential career ending surgery, 1-15 record IIRC correctly, one-in-a-decade prospect in Andy Luck)

th87
05-08-2021, 03:58 AM
Knowing what we know about Rodgers, do you really think telling him you're drafting Love would make a difference? There's an alternate universe where they inform Rodgers, he asks them not to do it and they do anyways, and he complains the personnel department doesn't listen to him. This belief that he'd be fine with the Love pick if they had just told him about it makes no sense.

This is where people skills come in handy. Rodgers seems logical - if the team laid out the logic in doing this, he couldn't be upset about it.

Not that I think this was the reason anyway. I think it's an accumulation of not being kept in the loop and not being shown that his future mattered.

sharpe1027
05-08-2021, 05:16 AM
This is where people skills come in handy. Rodgers seems logical - if the team laid out the logic in doing this, he couldn't be upset about it.

Not that I think this was the reason anyway. I think it's an accumulation of not being kept in the loop and not being shown that his future mattered.

When it comes to feeling disrespected, I'm not sure he acts all that logical. Rodgers could have shut this whole thing down in five minutes, but he let it go on and fester. If it's true part of this is over Jake "can't get separation from a LBer" Kumerow, how logical is he on this subject?

sharpe1027
05-08-2021, 05:21 AM

Late first round picks aren't generally considered top tier picks, QB or otherwise. Someone needs to tell Rodgers to R-E-L-A-X.

bobblehead
05-08-2021, 09:37 AM

Lets see if I can tear this down. Did the broncos end up functional after manning? The bucs have had brady for one season so...pass on that one. Saints never did get over the hump again, and now are in cap and talent hell. Ditto Steelers. Cardinals absolutely did if Rosen is his name. Chargers kept Rivers until he was so bad they had the 6 overall pick. Similar answer for giants.

Joemailman
05-08-2021, 02:02 PM
It's come to this.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E04aDcfXIAISLfr?format=jpg&name=large

texaspackerbacker
05-08-2021, 07:08 PM
Who the fuck is this Ryan Wing anyway? And why the fuck would anybody believe a word he says?

As I said in one of the other thread, media shitheads are total scum, IMO, and I think that way even in the rare instances when I like what they have to say.

call_me_ishmael
05-08-2021, 11:38 PM
Lets see if I can tear this down. Did the broncos end up functional after manning? The bucs have had brady for one season so...pass on that one. Saints never did get over the hump again, and now are in cap and talent hell. Ditto Steelers. Cardinals absolutely did if Rosen is his name. Chargers kept Rivers until he was so bad they had the 6 overall pick. Similar answer for giants.

This is sort of the point, right? They didn't worry about the future - they went all in to win in the present. Right, wrong or indifferent, it's a the approach that pretty much every team with a highly regarded QBs seem to take.

Rosen was picked after Carson Palmer retired.

Personally, I'd rather win a title and suck for a few years than never win. I'm sure ARod feels the same. It's his legacy - and it's Gooter's legacy as well. Nobody cares about the GM that goes to the playoffs 13 times in 15 years and goes 0-3 in the championship game or whatever.

sharpe1027
05-09-2021, 07:20 AM
This is sort of the point, right? They didn't worry about the future - they went all in to win in the present. Right, wrong or indifferent, it's a the approach that pretty much every team with a highly regarded QBs seem to take.

Personally, I'd rather win a title and suck for a few years than never win. I'm sure ARod feels the same. It's his legacy - and it's Gooter's legacy as well. Nobody cares about the GM that goes to the playoffs 13 times in 15 years and goes 0-3 in the championship game or whatever.

If not drafting a QB early equates to going all in, the Packers were all in for many, many years.

It's one late first round pick. Jesus people. Get some perspective.

Packers4Glory
05-09-2021, 08:32 AM
If not drafting a QB early equates to going all in, the Packers were all in for many, many years.

And a 3rd string running back followed by a 4th string TE for 2020. Minus a 4th round pick. Sooo yeah. Some need to gain perspective on how awful that draft was following a NFC championship. Universally panned by draft analysis. I get you can’t really judge a class for a few years but considering our needs & where we were as a team it was s as n indefensible draft.

sharpe1027
05-09-2021, 09:25 AM
And a 3rd string running back followed by a 4th string TE for 2020. Minus a 4th round pick. Sooo yeah. Some need to gain perspective on how awful that draft was following a NFC championship. Universally panned by draft analysis. I get you can’t really judge a class for a few years but considering our needs & where we were as a team it was s as n indefensible draft.

The third string running back was a difference and may have gotten us to the Superbowl if we hadn't gone away from the run so completely. Regardless, you made my point. Going all in has almost nothing to do with the most recent draft. You can't judge a draft for a few years because you shouldn't expect immediate impact from the draft. It happens, but it's more the exception than the rule.

Whatever going all in means, it probably needs to be through FA. We arguably did that signing the Smiths.

bobblehead
05-09-2021, 09:33 AM

Actually, I'm guilty of being behind the times on a point. It seems the Bucs did draft a QB in round 2 this year in Kyle Trask. I haven't seen...is Brady pissed? I mean they are totally in win now mode and wasted a 2nd round pick on a backup that won't see the field....wtf??

Packers4Glory
05-09-2021, 12:37 PM
The third string running back was a difference and may have gotten us to the Superbowl if we hadn't gone away from the run so completely. Regardless, you made my point. Going all in has almost nothing to do with the most recent draft. You can't judge a draft for a few years because you shouldn't expect immediate impact from the draft. It happens, but it's more the exception than the rule.

Whatever going all in means, it probably needs to be through FA. We arguably did that signing the Smiths.

When a team won’t or can’t fill holes via FA you do it the draft. Or you try. You can and could have found immediate contribution in those first 4 rounds with more impact than Martin made after. He filled a need. Unfortunately for us he wasn’t going to be healthy so he missed some valuable time.

Packers4Glory
05-09-2021, 12:38 PM
Actually, I'm guilty of being behind the times on a point. It seems the Bucs did draft a QB in round 2 this year in Kyle Trask. I haven't seen...is Brady pissed? I mean they are totally in win now mode and wasted a 2nd round pick on a backup that won't see the field....wtf??
Wut? I’m sure that 1 Brady knew.

2 they won the entire thing and are basically bringing back the same roster. At this point they’re providing depth, & not filling gaping holes in the roster lol.

Try again.

bobblehead
05-09-2021, 12:59 PM
Wut? I’m sure that 1 Brady knew.

2 they won the entire thing and are basically bringing back the same roster. At this point they’re providing depth, & not filling gaping holes in the roster lol.

Try again.

Ah but other teams got better. They can't afford to sit on past accolades. We honestly should have beaten them in the NFCC game and here they are wasting a 2nd. If we nudge them in the playoffs this year brady might wonder what might have been if only they had taken a player in the 2nd round instead of a guy for the future.

and...how are you sure that Brady knew?

Upnorth
05-09-2021, 02:01 PM
The bucs won because of injuries to the best it in the game and then injuries to 3/5ths of an oline. They got some luck at the right time. They do have a great roster, as do we.

Anyone who says dillion is a waste must not watch the game. And Fergus was perfect for the off but injured then covid. Try harder.

Packers4Glory
05-09-2021, 02:22 PM
Ah but other teams got better. They can't afford to sit on past accolades. We honestly should have beaten them in the NFCC game and here they are wasting a 2nd. If we nudge them in the playoffs this year brady might wonder what might have been if only they had taken a player in the 2nd round instead of a guy for the future.

and...how are you sure that Brady knew? I’m not sure he knew but its soo s million ways different. But I’d bet a lot he knew. He’s been given a lot of input from what I’ve seen. 2nd QBs you aren’t the same as ones in the 1st you trade up to get.

sharpe1027
05-09-2021, 03:49 PM
I’m not sure he knew but its soo s million ways different. But I’d bet a lot he knew. He’s been given a lot of input from what I’ve seen. 2nd QBs you aren’t the same as ones in the 1st you trade up to get.

I can't take you serious.

wist43
05-09-2021, 04:19 PM
The bucs won because of injuries to the best it in the game and then injuries to 3/5ths of an oline. They got some luck at the right time. They do have a great roster, as do we.

Anyone who says dillion is a waste must not watch the game. And Fergus was perfect for the off but injured then covid. Try harder.

Dillon was the only viable pick we made in rds 1-4 last year. Love was a huge negative in so many ways it's incalculable; Deguera was way over drafted and contributed nothing; and, the 4th rd pick was wasted to move up and get Love.

3 completely wasted high draft picks that will continue to harm the team for at least a couple more years.

No matter how you slice it, the Love and Deguera picks were moronic. Don't have any problem with the Dillon pick beyond the WR's that were available. Dillon is a good player.

sharpe1027
05-09-2021, 05:07 PM
Dillon was the only viable pick we made in rds 1-4 last year. Love was a huge negative in so many ways it's incalculable; Deguera was way over drafted and contributed nothing; and, the 4th rd pick was wasted to move up and get Love.

3 completely wasted high draft picks that will continue to harm the team for at least a couple more years.

No matter how you slice it, the Love and Deguera picks were moronic. Don't have any problem with the Dillon pick beyond the WR's that were available. Dillon is a good player.

Several pucks that didn't contribute their rookie year. The sky is falling and the team won't be able to recover.

wist43
05-09-2021, 07:35 PM
Several pucks that didn't contribute their rookie year. The sky is falling and the team won't be able to recover.

1. It diminishes the odds of winning another championship while Rodgers is here.
2. It completely blew up team chemistry to the point where Rodgers wants out and the Packers are the NFL's version of As The World Turns.
3. It fails to shore up weaker areas of the roster, which has longer term effects b/c of how quickly rosters turnover. In terms of whackamole?? There will be more moles to whack in a few years b/c those positions were ignored.

The sun will come up tomorrow, the sky is not falling... but that isn't what we're talking about is it?? We're talking about building a football team.

Never suspected you were a drama queen, but folks keep weird shit packed away in their closet. You're not a crossdresser are you?? ;)

Upnorth
05-09-2021, 09:50 PM
Dergura is not a waste, he is a perfect fit for the Lafluer o. He was injured then covid. Time will tell.

wist43
05-09-2021, 09:58 PM
Dergura is not a waste, he is a perfect fit for the Lafluer o. He was injured then covid. Time will tell.

Yes, he is a perfect fit, and I'm sure he'll contribute; but, nobody valued him as 3rd round pick. He'd have been there in the 5th, and if he wasn't?? So what... draft a more highly rated player and continue to stock your roster.

Gute didn't do that - not in the least. I liked Dillon, and I like Martin, but Gute butchered the first half of that draft... there's no getting around that.

sharpe1027
05-09-2021, 10:13 PM
1. It diminishes the odds of winning another championship while Rodgers is here.
2. It completely blew up team chemistry to the point where Rodgers wants out and the Packers are the NFL's version of As The World Turns.
3. It fails to shore up weaker areas of the roster, which has longer term effects b/c of how quickly rosters turnover. In terms of whackamole?? There will be more moles to whack in a few years b/c those positions were ignored.

The sun will come up tomorrow, the sky is not falling... but that isn't what we're talking about is it?? We're talking about building a football team.

Never suspected you were a drama queen, but folks keep weird shit packed away in their closet. You're not a crossdresser are you?? ;)

Thing is, you can say that about every team's draft.

HarveyWallbangers
05-09-2021, 10:31 PM
Yes, he is a perfect fit, and I'm sure he'll contribute; but, nobody valued him as 3rd round pick. He'd have been there in the 5th, and if he wasn't?? So what... draft a more highly rated player and continue to stock your roster.

Gute didn't do that - not in the least. I liked Dillon, and I like Martin, but Gute butchered the first half of that draft... there's no getting around that.

These proclamations are beyond silly. Nobody, especially you or I, know if he would have been available in the 5th round.

TE probably has the biggest discrepancy between what the draft community projects and where TEs go. A lot of it is scheme fit. Look at the 2021 draft alone. 5 of the 12 drafted TEs went at least a round higher than any of the 6 draft boards that I looked at (NFL.com, ESPN, Draft Wire, Draft Network, CBS, and PFF).

Tre McKitty went in round 3. None of these draft sites had McKitty ranked in the top 100.
John Bates went in round 4. None of thes sites had Bates earlier than round 6.
Kylen Grayson went in round 4. None of these sites had Grayson earlier than round 5.
Luke Farrell went in round 5. None of these sites had Farrell earlier than round 7.
Zach Davidson went in round 5. None of these sites had Davidson earlier than round 6.

Joemailman
05-09-2021, 10:50 PM
NFL Network had DeGuara ranked about 120 overall. It's highly unlikely he would have been there at 175 which is the pick the Packers had in the 5th round. Perhaps they picked him a round early because they had traded their 4th round pick. If DeGuara turns out to be the player I think he is though, I won't care much.

texaspackerbacker
05-09-2021, 10:56 PM
So if they hadn't thrown away the 4th round pick, they likely could have gotten him them? Maybe ...... or somebody a lot better. He would seem more suited, based on size, to be a fullback than a TE. Plus, we already had a shitload of TEs, arguably all of them except maybe Sternberger better than him.

call_me_ishmael
05-09-2021, 11:52 PM

Biggggg difference between pick 64 and pick 24 though. They already won now and resigned everybody, I think it's totally different.

call_me_ishmael
05-09-2021, 11:53 PM

I dunno, I think another OT would have looked _really_ good and made a huge difference vs Bucs in NFCC. Having another Bryan Bulaga type player changes that game, no doubt.

Would they have landed a solid tackle at 28-30? I dunno, maybe, but drafting Love instead ensures that position remained week to instead of taking a shot at making it better.

We can agree to disagree. It's a complicated subject with no right or wrong answer. I wouldn't have picked Love there, though.

HarveyWallbangers
05-10-2021, 12:26 AM
I dunno, I think another OT would have looked _really_ good and made a huge difference vs Bucs in NFCC. Having another Bryan Bulaga type player changes that game, no doubt.

Would they have landed a solid tackle at 28-30? I dunno, maybe, but drafting Love instead ensures that position remained week to instead of taking a shot at making it better.

We can agree to disagree. It's a complicated subject with no right or wrong answer. I wouldn't have picked Love there, though.

Which OT? Considering there were only 2 OTs taken between Love and Dillon, down year for OT. Ezra Cleveland got 9 starts at OG for Minnesota and graded below average. Isaiah Wilson flamed out and he's already with a new team.

Three OT were drafted in round 3. They combined for 1 start. Lucas Niang opted out of the season. Matt Peart got 1 start for the Giants. Josh Jones didn't start a game for Arizona.

Also remember that Green Bay had already signed Ricky Wagner, so they had a healthy Bakh + Billy Turner + Wagner (3 solid NFL vets). I think they liked their depth there. Wagner actually had a good year until the final game, so I doubt a rookie would have started over him in that game--especially last year's crop of rookies.

Hindsight is 20-20, but here it doesn't look that good in hindsight.

King Friday
05-10-2021, 07:32 AM
These proclamations are beyond silly. Nobody, especially you or I, know if he would have been available in the 5th round.

TE probably has the biggest discrepancy between what the draft community projects and where TEs go. A lot of it is scheme fit. Look at the 2021 draft alone. 5 of the 12 drafted TEs went at least a round higher than any of the 6 draft boards that I looked at (NFL.com, ESPN, Draft Wire, Draft Network, CBS, and PFF).

Tre McKitty went in round 3. None of these draft sites had McKitty ranked in the top 100.
John Bates went in round 4. None of thes sites had Bates earlier than round 6.
Kylen Grayson went in round 4. None of these sites had Grayson earlier than round 5.
Luke Farrell went in round 5. None of these sites had Farrell earlier than round 7.
Zach Davidson went in round 5. None of these sites had Davidson earlier than round 6.

Wist is still working on the comeback to this. He's hired Johnny Cochran to help out. A glove may come into play.

Packers4Glory
05-10-2021, 07:43 AM

I've said I like Dillon. He looks good. I still contend that pick only made sense if you planned on moving on from Aaron Jones and use that money for other holes in your roster. I'd have rather kept Linsley if possible or found some help on the Dline.

I thought possibly they'd keep Williams and have him and Dillon be the guys in the backfield and then use the Jones money to fill holes. That's what the pick of a RB in the 2nd round told me and nearly everyone else.

Zool
05-10-2021, 08:08 AM
Which OT? Considering there were only 2 OTs taken between Love and Dillon, down year for OT. Ezra Cleveland got 9 starts at OG for Minnesota and graded below average. Isaiah Wilson flamed out and he's already with a new team.

Three OT were drafted in round 3. They combined for 1 start. Lucas Niang opted out of the season. Matt Peart got 1 start for the Giants. Josh Jones didn't start a game for Arizona.

Also remember that Green Bay had already signed Ricky Wagner, so they had a healthy Bakh + Billy Turner + Wagner (3 solid NFL vets). I think they liked their depth there. Wagner actually had a good year until the final game, so I doubt a rookie would have started over him in that game--especially last year's crop of rookies.

Hindsight is 20-20, but here it doesn't look that good in hindsight.

Facts are for suckers. I want the Packers to have an all-pro at every position while still on a rookie contract. What I want, I get.

bobblehead
05-10-2021, 10:24 AM

Wist, you are basing things on your opinion. Now, that is what a board is for, but you have to accept the possibility you are wrong. I have read articles by beat writers I like that think Deguera is going to be a big piece of the Flower offense. They point to specific ways he was used before injury and break down plays in a way that makes you see his value. Overdrafted? You can't know what other GMs think. In a dynasty draft last year I drafted Jefferson ahead of Reagor and most of the league thought it was a mistake. Time will tell if we overdrafted him, but right now its an opinion.

Now, I agree the Love pick was bad. No way they should have made that pick....UNLESS, he was a top 10 pick on their board. Several posters have rehashed the Rodgers saga prior to that pick, so I won't get into it. In hindsight, with ARod dropping an MVP season and buying into the Flower offense....yea, it was a horrible pick.

As I said with TT many times in defending him (and I am almost back to neutral on Gutes), the proof is in the record. back to back 13-3 NFCC game seasons with homefield in the second. He can't be that big of a fuck up. I personally think he is average, but made a great HC hire and his 37 year old QB found the fountain of youth, but any number of things could yet prove that he really is a mad genius. Deguera putting in a nice injury free season could very well be one of those things.

Packers4Glory
05-10-2021, 10:29 AM
Wist, you are basing things on your opinion. Now, that is what a board is for, but you have to accept the possibility you are wrong. I have read articles by beat writers I like that think Deguera is going to be a big piece of the Flower offense. They point to specific ways he was used before injury and break down plays in a way that makes you see his value. Overdrafted? You can't know what other GMs think. In a dynasty draft last year I drafted Jefferson ahead of Reagor and most of the league thought it was a mistake. Time will tell if we overdrafted him, but right now its an opinion.

Now, I agree the Love pick was bad. No way they should have made that pick....UNLESS, he was a top 10 pick on their board. Several posters have rehashed the Rodgers saga prior to that pick, so I won't get into it. In hindsight, with ARod dropping an MVP season and buying into the Flower offense....yea, it was a horrible pick.

As I said with TT many times in defending him (and I am almost back to neutral on Gutes), the proof is in the record. back to back 13-3 NFCC game seasons with homefield in the second. He can't be that big of a fuck up. I personally think he is average, but made a great HC hire and his 37 year old QB found the fountain of youth, but any number of things could yet prove that he really is a mad genius. Deguera putting in a nice injury free season could very well be one of those things.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/josiah-deguara/32004445-4770-3400-9fe2-3240dc1a9dab

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2020/04/26/draft-grades-analysts-really-hated-the-packers-2020-draft-class/
Either the Packers just produced one of the worst draft classes in recent memory or a lot of draft analysts are going to look silly in a few years. The wait begins.

https://lombardiave.com/2020/04/25/packers-2020-draft-grades/4/

https://www.foxsports.com/wisconsin/story/green-bay-packers-2020-nfl-draft-grades-jordan-love-aaron-rodgers-042620

bobblehead
05-10-2021, 10:31 AM
I've said I like Dillon. He looks good. I still contend that pick only made sense if you planned on moving on from Aaron Jones and use that money for other holes in your roster. I'd have rather kept Linsley if possible or found some help on the Dline.

I thought possibly they'd keep Williams and have him and Dillon be the guys in the backfield and then use the Jones money to fill holes. That's what the pick of a RB in the 2nd round told me and nearly everyone else.

Jones signed a super team friendly deal. I don't think they counted on that. I was totally against dropping huge money on Jones, but he is such a class guy who played out his deal and then took a team friendly deal I am totally on board with bringing him back. But it did throw a wrench in the Dillon plans. But in todays game most teams time share the RB load. We did last year, so Dillon will be valuable. As will Kylin Hill.

bobblehead
05-10-2021, 10:35 AM
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/josiah-deguara/32004445-4770-3400-9fe2-3240dc1a9dab

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2020/04/26/draft-grades-analysts-really-hated-the-packers-2020-draft-class/
Either the Packers just produced one of the worst draft classes in recent memory or a lot of draft analysts are going to look silly in a few years. The wait begins.

https://lombardiave.com/2020/04/25/packers-2020-draft-grades/4/

https://www.foxsports.com/wisconsin/story/green-bay-packers-2020-nfl-draft-grades-jordan-love-aaron-rodgers-042620

Draft analysts ALWAYS look silly. And Deguera may fail. He may work out. How did draftniks have the Patriots pick in the 3rd round ranked. Asiasi? I bet it wasn't 3rd round.

Packers4Glory
05-10-2021, 11:49 AM
Draft analysts ALWAYS look silly. And Deguera may fail. He may work out. How did draftniks have the Patriots pick in the 3rd round ranked. Asiasi? I bet it wasn't 3rd round.

I think they tend to look more silly when they think someone is great and they end up sucking. when your draft is universally praised or shit on is important. Guys can not live up to their draft billing and talent. That's not really on analysts. You can't predict that, or the changes teams make that may impact them.

Round 2 and 3 analysis
Mike Tanier of Bleacher Report

"The Packers appear to be rebuilding a new roster underneath their current roster. It’s an interesting strategy for a 13-3 team with a cantankerous face-of-the-franchise quarterback. And by ‘interesting,’ I do not mean ‘wise.’ Like the player. Don’t like the decision.”

WalterFootball.com: Dillon: F.; Deguara: F. “Is Bill Belichick’s dog doing the entire Green Bay draft? I don’t understand anything the Packers have done thus far. This pick is just awful. There were better tight ends available. I get that the Packers are filling a need, but they’re doing so with a prospect some teams thought would be available in the seventh round.”

Andy Benoit of SI.com: Dillon: C. “The trend right now is to not pay a running back for a second contract unless he is truly special. Aaron Jones could be deemed worthy when his rookie deal expires after this season, but it’s unlikely his sidekick, Jamaal Williams, will also be. Hence the addition of Dillon.”

Chad Reuter of NFL.com: D. “Why is the grade so low? Well, these picks did not address the team’s needs at receiver, linebacker, cornerback and offensive tackle.”

Round 1 analysis saying what I've been saying all along about this pick

Pete Prisco of CBSSports.com: D. “Terrible move by the Green Bay Packers. Aaron Rodgers told me last summer he wants to play until he’s 40. They needed a receiver. They needed defensive help. Sitting behind Rodgers will do Love well, but not going to do the Packers well. You’re on the cusp of getting to a Super Bowl, get Rodgers some help.”

Vinnie Iyer of the Sporting News: D. “In an NFC where the 49ers, Buccaneers and Saints are in win-now mode, the Packers trading up for a potential successor to Aaron Rodgers makes little sense over a top wide receiver or offensive tackle to help him extend his Super Bowl window coming off a 13-3 season.

Mike Cole of NESN: C. “In a vacuum, drafting Love — who some felt was a top-10 talent — makes sense given where Aaron Rodgers is in his career. But if the Packers feel they’re truly a 13-3 team that came within one win of a Super Bowl, which is what happened last season, it’s puzzling for them to make a pick that’s clearly made with an eye on the long-term future. There probably was a better way for them to improve in the short and long term with that pick, but maybe they just love Love.”

Steven Ruiz of For the Win: D-. “Landing with a team that already has a quarterback in place is ideal for Love, but I just can’t justify this from the Packers’ perspective. The Packers aren’t a team that has the luxury to draft for the future with Aaron Rodgers’ career winding down. Green Bay was an impact draft class away from competing for the Super Bowl.

Danny Kelly of The Ringer: C-. “I question the wisdom of this pick, at least in the short term. For starters, an already-tepid relationship between Rodgers and the team is not likely to improve with this selection, and it does little to bolster the supporting cast around the former MVP. The opportunity cost around this pick could hurt the team’s chances for contending over the next couple of years.”

Joe Tansey of Bleacher Report: C. “Instead of adding more weapons for Rodgers to work with, the Packers opted to bring in his potential successor. The move could work in the long term, but it does not help Green Bay contend with San Francisco, Minnesota and others.”

Bryan Fischer of Athlon Sports: B. “Aaron Rodgers can’t like this pick! Great long-term move, but for a team that made it to the NFC title game last season, you do wonder about the immediate need. If it pays off though, talk about being set for three decades at the most important position in the field.”

Dan Kadar of SB Nation: D+. “This pick could pay off big down the road. A quarterback on a rookie contract is almost priceless in today’s NFL. And Love is a player who needs to sit at least a year to fix some of his flaws. But with Rodgers, the Packers should push to win now.”

Tim Bielek of Cleveland.com: D+. “This grade has nothing to do with Love. It’s about not giving your 36-year-old quarterback immediate help when they were one win from paying in the Super Bowl.”

Dustin Hockensmith of pennlive.com: C+. “Love might need a year or two before he is remotely ready for primetime, but his addition still had to have been a head-scratching moment as Rodgers tuned in from home.”

Darryl Slater of NJ.com: B-. “The Packers didn’t trade up to get Love just to have him sit around a while. How soon could he replace Aaron Rodgers? That now becomes the big question in Green Bay. But you have to wonder if it’s too soon to make a pick like this. Rodgers is still playing at a high level.”

Packers4Glory
05-10-2021, 12:18 PM
2020 draft report card. Sadly our biggest impact possibly was a UDFA. although I do like Runyon who might be the most impactful guy not named Dillon on this roster. Barnes tho, took over a really weak LB situation along with Martin. Neither guy are likely the answer there but I guess we'll see.

So we ranked 30th at the end of 2020 with our draft class. So that's good. we beat out Houston and Tennessee when they looked at the class and impact they made in 2020.

https://www.nfl.com/news/2020-nfl-rookie-report-card-ranking-each-team-s-class-1-to-32

"The Packers fell five points short of the eventual Super Bowl champion Buccaneers in the NFC title bout, so second-guessing Brian Gutekunst's long-view approach to this draft class is only natural. But let's be real: There was plenty of first-guessing."

Spaulding
05-10-2021, 12:40 PM
2020 draft report card. Sadly our biggest impact possibly was a UDFA. although I do like Runyon who might be the most impactful guy not named Dillon on this roster. Barnes tho, took over a really weak LB situation along with Martin. Neither guy are likely the answer there but I guess we'll see.

So we ranked 30th at the end of 2020 with our draft class. So that's good. we beat out Houston and Tennessee when they looked at the class and impact they made in 2020.

https://www.nfl.com/news/2020-nfl-rookie-report-card-ranking-each-team-s-class-1-to-32

"The Packers fell five points short of the eventual Super Bowl champion Buccaneers in the NFC title bout, so second-guessing Brian Gutekunst's long-view approach to this draft class is only natural. But let's be real: There was plenty of first-guessing."

Rating a class one year later is almost always a waste of time. Many of the positions often take time (QB/WR/DT/OL) whereas others like RB/CB/LB seem to have a better chance of producing early returns.

I agree that taking a development QB and a RB in rounds 1 & 2 when you already had a HOF QB and two established solid starters at RB didn't immediately help the team last year. Maybe if they had maybe it changes the outcome of the championship game. Then again we had our chances to win regardless and didn't execute and so it doesn't follow the one missing chip roster to make it to the promised land.

If "If's and but's were candy and nuts we're all be fat and happy at the end of the day."

call_me_ishmael
05-10-2021, 01:26 PM
Prediction: Aaron Rodgers will be the second highest paid quarterback in the NFL and ink a deal guaranteeing 3 more years for all intents and purposes by June 15th. He will be in camp mini camp and training camp.

Packers will trade love next off-season if he looks good. Sounds like they're bending over to Rodgers.

Joemailman
05-10-2021, 01:43 PM
I can't get a sense of what Rodgers wants here. He might be so alienated that he wants out no matter what the Packers want to offer now. Or he might just be using the leverage he gained with an MVP season to get the kind of contract he wants with the Packers.

Spaulding
05-10-2021, 02:07 PM
I think it's all about leverage and personally hope it's the latter. If Rodgers was truly that disgruntled I don't think Bak and Jones would have been keen to re-up and would have instead hit the open market where money is almost always more plentiful.

Up until last year I was fearful that he was starting to trend downward and the Packers front office taking insurance on a possibly needed QB transition in 2022 seemed to make good sense. However AR's MVP play last year suggests that barring injury he can still play at an elite level.

Given it's unlikely his plays falls off a cliff in 2-3 years I'd certainly be open to guaranteed money in 2021/2022/2023 if that's what it takes and showcase Love this preseason. Hoping that if he plays well and does so in mop up duty during the regular season or if AR misses a small amount of time that level of play allows us to salvage a 2nd, 3rd or 4th for him in the following offseason.

Certainly not what you want from a 1st round draft choice that you traded up to get but if that's what it took to light a fire under AR the maybe worth it to some extent.

texaspackerbacker
05-10-2021, 02:25 PM
I can't get a sense of what Rodgers wants here. He might be so alienated that he wants out no matter what the Packers want to offer now. Or he might just be using the leverage he gained with an MVP season to get the kind of contract he wants with the Packers.

Maybe take him at his word. He said he wants to finish his career with the Packers; He said he wants to play well into his forties.

Some of the team leadership may also want those things; Some apparently prefer the flexibility to dump him in 1 or 2.

Therein lies the difference. I HOPE CMI is correct above, that the team is coming around to bending toward Rodgers. I and I think Rodgers would prefer more like a 5 or 6 year guarantee, but a three year guarantee would seem like a fair compromise.

As for trading Love, I have said over and over, I don't see any need for that - unless he proves to be a flop or unless we can get way more than he is worth if he seems good. Let him sit 5 years or so holding the proverbial clipboard if he looks like he is decent. He is very affordable for 4 and maybe 5 years. And for anybody whining that it "isn't fair to him", who wouldn't want to get paid well over a million a year to hold that clipboard? Myself, I'd like to see a package of plays made for him, maybe 4 or 5 a game, wild cat, TE, WR, whatever Taysom Hill can do, Love should be able to do at least as good.

Joemailman
05-10-2021, 02:41 PM
https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2021/5/10/22429162/packers-aaron-rodgers-have-been-negotiating-but-still-need-to-iron-out-issues

On Monday afternoon, NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport said on that network that the two sides have been talking over the past few weeks. Rapoport says that the Packers have offered Rodgers a “significant, long-term contract extension,” which would seemingly address one of Rodgers’ primary concerns — his future as the team’s starting quarterback.

Rapoport further noted that “the two sides have been negotiating — it’s not like they’ve been talking to themselves.” That’s a positive sign that at least Rodgers and his camp have not fully shut the door on a return to the Packers, which was the implication of the report from ESPN’s Adam Schefter that broke on the first day of the 2021 NFL Draft. Instead, Rapoport says that “there certainly has been some engagement from Rodgers’ side.”

Meanwhile, Packers players continue to take questions about the situation from the media. In an interview with Colin Cowherd of FOX Sports Monday, wide receiver Davante Adams said that he has spoken to Rodgers, noting that “a lot is still being figured out on his end.” Evidently Adams understands the frustrations Rodgers has expressed about the team, noting that he is “100% behind” his quarterback and that “a few things need to get ironed out.” However, he expressed confidence that the two sides would be able to come to an amicable arrangement: “hopefully I’ll be back on the show and we’ll be celebrating.”

call_me_ishmael
05-10-2021, 02:46 PM
I wonder if the Packers were blind-sided by this when Aaron first made his feelings known.

Joemailman
05-10-2021, 02:59 PM
I wonder if the Packers were blind-sided by this when Aaron first made his feelings known.

I'm guessing they would have kept Tim Boyle had they known Rodgers might not want to come back. So it must have been after that.

Bretsky
05-10-2021, 04:40 PM
I'm guessing they would have kept Tim Boyle had they known Rodgers might not want to come back. So it must have been after that.

I would agree; Boyle is probably more ready to play now than Love...which is why in paper he was the backup last yr