PDA

View Full Version : AR wants out?!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Packers4Glory
05-10-2021, 07:04 PM
Not sure how you could think there packers were blindsided. They released statements about flying out to talk to him & stuff about restructuring & then redoing his deal. Not much of a chance they were blindsided

HarveyWallbangers
05-10-2021, 09:22 PM
I'm guessing they would have kept Tim Boyle had they known Rodgers might not want to come back. So it must have been after that.

Obviously, very likely. Any rookie QB who had no training camp and no preseason games isn't going to be as ready as a guy who has been in the system for several years. It's too bad we couldn't retain Boyle. I like him, and I think he has a shot at being the league for a long time.

call_me_ishmael
05-10-2021, 10:36 PM
Not sure how you could think there packers were blindsided. They released statements about flying out to talk to him & stuff about restructuring & then redoing his deal. Not much of a chance they were blindsided

I don't think they were blind-sided last week, but I think it's possible (although unlikely) they were this off-season.

Zool
05-10-2021, 11:10 PM
Obviously, very likely. Any rookie QB who had no training camp and no preseason games isn't going to be as ready as a guy who has been in the system for several years. It's too bad we couldn't retain Boyle. I like him, and I think he has a shot at being the league for a long time.

Me too. Kind of a Doug Pederson guy.

th87
05-11-2021, 02:20 AM
Lets see if I can tear this down. Did the broncos end up functional after manning? The bucs have had brady for one season so...pass on that one. Saints never did get over the hump again, and now are in cap and talent hell. Ditto Steelers. Cardinals absolutely did if Rosen is his name. Chargers kept Rivers until he was so bad they had the 6 overall pick. Similar answer for giants.

Don't mind garbage seasons after the Rodgers era. Would free up my Sundays. And you can rebuild quickly with a few bad seasons.

texaspackerbacker
05-11-2021, 11:05 AM
I've liked and agreed with your posts in the Packers section lately, th87, but not this one above. "garbage seasons after the Rodgers era and rebuild quickly with a few bad seasons" is exactly what I don't want. Aside from the fact that rebuilding success is far from a sure thing, a "feast or famine" situation is far worse than what we Packer fans have had the past several decades.

scharpcheddar
05-11-2021, 03:36 PM
Tik tik tik, he's almost gone

th87
05-11-2021, 04:10 PM
I've liked and agreed with your posts in the Packers section lately, th87, but not this one above. "garbage seasons after the Rodgers era and rebuild quickly with a few bad seasons" is exactly what I don't want. Aside from the fact that rebuilding success is far from a sure thing, a "feast or famine" situation is far worse than what we Packer fans have had the past several decades.

I think it could work out well in the long run. SF has leapfrogged us twice to SB appearances by having high picks to use on impact players. And emotionally, I think having a temporarily sucky low expectation team is better than one who gets your hopes up only to disappoint.

Teams who are in perennial rebuilds are just bad organizations.

Sparkey
05-11-2021, 05:05 PM
They give Rodgers a 4 year extension with most of it guaranteed and it will go down as the worst QB extension ever given. He has two good years left. Reason I see this, is his best attributes are all tied to his ability to move in the pocket. Anyone who watches closely can see that he is not as good as he was.

Brady does not rely on scrambling, pocket manipulation. He is a classic, stand tall in the pocket QB.

texaspackerbacker
05-11-2021, 05:35 PM
You're dead wrong on all counts, Sparkey.

I only hope they actually do extend him 4 years and your post stands side by side with mine to be remembered by then. Barring serious injury - which could happen to somebody 10 or 15 years younger - Rodgers should have those four years and more of greatness, and it damn well better all be with the Packers. Rodgers' "best attribute" - the primary reason why he is the GOAT - tied to his brain and attitude, specifically the mindset to not throw interceptions, which sets him miles apart from Brady or anybody else. The fact that he is more athletic and mobile than Brady/less dependent on good line blocking is a reason in favor of longevity, not against it.

Bretsky
05-11-2021, 08:09 PM
I'll welcome at 4 year extension; but I think there are a lot of challenges and they are real.

AROD imo wanted this from the start and Gutebag was not on board with the idea. Now IMO that is stinging him in the ass.

Fritz
05-12-2021, 07:56 AM
We don't know - and I don't think the Packer brass knows - what they have in Love yet. So they're faced with a choice of a pissed-off Rodgers who will wreck whatever short-term chance they have at a SB, or mollifyng him at the risk of being stuck with what will very likely be his albatross of a contract extension for long after he's either effective or capable - that is, he'll either get less and less mobile and thus less effective, or he'll just suffer a serious injury.

It's a tough, tough choice. It comes down to the classic short-term versus long-term. But the Packers don't know what they have in Love, so the long-term is foggier.

Most people like instant gratification and that's why so many people here want them to cave in to Rodgers.

call_me_ishmael
05-12-2021, 09:50 AM
They may not be 100% sure but I am extremely sure they have a strong inkling by now as to what Love will be.

bobblehead
05-12-2021, 10:35 AM
They may not be 100% sure but I am extremely sure they have a strong inkling by now as to what Love will be.

One thing we can all agree on, from the most optimistic Love people to the most pessimistic. Rodgers right now, this season gives us a much better chance to win the Owl.

Even if they think Love will be a stud, they still want Rodgers this season. This team is so close and has sold out to win it. To lose Rodgers and accept that first year starters don't win Owls would make a lot of the other moves a waste. It would also be very unfair to Jones who took less money to stay.

Tony Oday
05-12-2021, 11:29 AM
Put love in this year and lets win a Super Bowl just to piss of AR.

King Friday
05-12-2021, 12:27 PM

I'm sure they do...which is why Gute publicly admitted his communication failures the first chance he had when it all blew up. NFL GMs do not easily admit failure. To me, that is a sign Love isn't close to being ready.

Packers4Glory
05-12-2021, 04:50 PM
Blake bortles. QB1

run pMc
05-12-2021, 06:16 PM
Blake bortles. QB1

If Rodgers decides not to show for off season workouts they'll need arms. The law offices of Bortles, Benkert and Kelly shouldn't exactly be threats to the MVP.

RashanGary
05-12-2021, 10:05 PM
We don't know - and I don't think the Packer brass knows - what they have in Love yet. So they're faced with a choice of a pissed-off Rodgers who will wreck whatever short-term chance they have at a SB, or mollifyng him at the risk of being stuck with what will very likely be his albatross of a contract extension for long after he's either effective or capable - that is, he'll either get less and less mobile and thus less effective, or he'll just suffer a serious injury.

It's a tough, tough choice. It comes down to the classic short-term versus long-term. But the Packers don't know what they have in Love, so the long-term is foggier.

Most people like instant gratification and that's why so many people here want them to cave in to Rodgers.

This is it. Too bad people have feelings and wills because we had the perfect contract to use Rodgers up and discard him when the times right. Now the Packers have to make a choice, be committed or deal with Rodgers not showing up to offseason work and using all of his leverage, of which he has every right to use the same way the team uses all of theirs.

SudsMcBucky
05-13-2021, 09:27 AM
Whoops, wrong thread. LOL.

Sparkey
05-13-2021, 09:49 AM
According to NFL Network insider Ian Rapoport, Rodgers has one main priority with a contract offer from Green Bay: security.

Rodgers reportedly wants a guarantee in the contract that he will be the team’s starting quarterback moving forward. The Packers, of course, drafted quarterback Jordan Love in the first round last year.

“To me it’s not about the overall yearly averages,” Rapoport said. “… It’s about, from what I understand, security and him knowing that he is the Packers starter going forward, guaranteed contractually.”

George Cumby
05-13-2021, 10:02 AM
"Security".

ROFLMAO.

WTF does he have to feel insecure about?

Fuck these divas.

No working stiff should be idolizing these privileged, spoiled, out of touch, prima donna fuckstains.

call_me_ishmael
05-13-2021, 10:07 AM
Meh, I totally get it. I would get that guarantee too if I could as well - every player in the league would.

My guess is the Packers won't do that. Why would they? It sets a nasty precedent among many other downsides. Maybe they will with perf numbers or whatever to keep an incentive.

Joemailman
05-13-2021, 10:12 AM
Meh, I totally get it. I would get that guarantee too if I could as well - every player in the league would.

My guess is the Packers won't do that. Why would they? It sets a nasty precedent among many other downsides. Maybe they will with perf numbers or whatever to keep an incentive.

I wouldn't worry about precedent too much. Rodgers is in a position to make demands because he's a generational player. It'll likely be a long time before the Packers have another player with this kind of clout.

Tony Oday
05-13-2021, 12:05 PM
So do we have to trade him if he isnt the starter? Cut him? What?

Joemailman
05-13-2021, 12:13 PM
So do we have to trade him if he isnt the starter? Cut him? What?

Who are you asking about?

Tony Oday
05-13-2021, 12:14 PM
Who are you asking about?

AR, he wants a guarantee to start, if he declines where he throws like Brees last year can we get rid of him?

texaspackerbacker
05-13-2021, 12:27 PM
"Security".

ROFLMAO.

WTF does he have to feel insecure about?

Fuck these divas.

No working stiff should be idolizing these privileged, spoiled, out of touch, prima donna fuckstains.

I HOPE you're talking about the "NFL Network insider"/shithead who wrote that idiotic security shit.

Joemailman
05-13-2021, 12:57 PM
AR, he wants a guarantee to start, if he declines where he throws like Brees last year can we get rid of him?

I think what Rodgers wants is a contract structured so Packers can't cut him to gain salary cap room in the event they think Love is ready to start. What the Packers probably want is to avoid a situation where a career-altering injury to Rodgers leaves them having to pay Rodgers tons of money to sit on the sidelines. This happened to Dallas a few years back when Tony Romo had to retire due to a back injury.

RashanGary
05-13-2021, 02:10 PM
I think what Rodgers wants is a contract structured so Packers can't cut him to gain salary cap room in the event they think Love is ready to start. What the Packers probably want is to avoid a situation where a career-altering injury to Rodgers leaves them having to pay Rodgers tons of money to sit on the sidelines. This happened to Dallas a few years back when Tony Romo had to retire due to a back injury.

Yep. The Packers signed an absolutely brilliant contract in 2018 and then drafted his possible replacement in 2019. The Packers were set up in absolute best case scenario at the QB position for a minimum of Rodgers contract and possibly 15 years beyond.

It's messy. I hate the business but understand it. As a Packer fan, I root for the team but as a fan of individuals, I root for them too. Sad to see careers end. But that's coming someday sooner than later for an almost 40-year-old athlete. It's not Gutes fault Rodgers turns 40 in 2.5 years. It's not Rodgers fault the NFL is a cold business. This is a part of NFL business. It will always be here.

George Cumby
05-13-2021, 02:28 PM

This.

Tony Oday
05-14-2021, 07:27 AM
Well then he realized that he lost the public perception battle and now is retreating, I will never like AR as much as I did.

Packers4Glory
05-14-2021, 04:13 PM
Here we have many spoiled fans who probably don’t know life without a HOF QB running the offense ��������

Goddamned clown show. I almost hope you get what you deserve but then I suffer too

George Cumby
05-14-2021, 04:22 PM
I remember as far back as Dan Devine. Tank is probably the youngest poster here, most everyone is significantly older so IDK what you're on about.

Teamcheez1
05-14-2021, 04:34 PM
Well then he realized that he lost the public perception battle and now is retreating, I will never like AR as much as I did.

How about AR man up and quit hiding behind his surrogates? If he has something to say, let’s hear it.

texaspackerbacker
05-14-2021, 07:35 PM
Who is he gonna talk to? the God damned media bastards who stirred up this trouble to start with? If I was him, whatever the outcome of this mess, I'd Tweet out a statement or whatever saying "I will never talk to those media bastards".

Are you saying you don't trust Hawk or Kuhn or James Jones a helluva lot more than the media shitheads?

Regarding the Cumby post about age and Tank, we ought to have a thread where everybody states for the record how old they are. I'll go first; I just turned 74. Can anybody top that? The only person I recall in here who I think was older than me was Maxie the Taxi, and he apparently either died or retired from posting. I think some of these newish posters are fairly young, but who knows.

sharpe1027
05-14-2021, 07:44 PM
Who is he gonna talk to? the God damned media bastards who stirred up this trouble to start with? If I was him, whatever the outcome of this mess, I'd Tweet out a statement or whatever saying "I will never talk to those media bastards".

Sterling Sharpe can give him some pointers.

Bretsky
05-14-2021, 08:34 PM

Are you saying you don't trust Hawk or Kuhn or James Jones a helluva lot more than the media shitheads?

Regarding the Cumby post about age and Tank, we ought to have a thread where everybody states for the record how old they are. I'll go first; I just turned 74. Can anybody top that? The only person I recall in here who I think was older than me was Maxie the Taxi, and he apparently either died or retired from posting. I think some of these newish posters are fairly young, but who knows.

DUDE you have a lot of great points, but all this blame the media crap is complete Bullshit

I blame the media for spreading untruths.

This is completely accurate. Marcia Admitted it. Gutebag Admitted it. Listen to all of the guys who are closest to Rodgers speak. ......and they are talking with him off the record.

Josh Kuhn
Devanta Adams
Jason Wilde
Mark Tauscher
James Jones

This shit is real. AROD has told GB he doesn't wanna come back.

Hopefully Gutebag .....or somebody...maybe it needs to be LaFleur.....changes his mind.

But this shit is real. The one thing Rodgers has going for him is he's hiding behind it all and not commenting about anything. So if GB bends over backwards for him, extends him, secures him for a while, and pays him a shitton of money........as long as he keeps hiding he can just say it was all overblown. He seems to be keeping that card.

But this blame the media........for something that is real.....I have only one things for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMzd40i8TfA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Is8YuPnXiM

texaspackerbacker
05-14-2021, 11:12 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think any of those former Packer sources ever quoted Rodgers as saying he doesn't want to come back to the Packers. If he ever made any kind of statement like that to the Packer leadership at all, it likely was just a negotiating tactic and never would have seen the light of day except for these despicable media shitheads. Do you really think those miserable east and west coast lying bastards do NOT have an agenda to fuck things up for our wonderful midwestern team?

And if the Packers are successful at extending him, it is not "bending over backwards for him". It is doing what OBVIOUSLY is best for the team.

Bretsky
05-14-2021, 11:23 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think any of those former Packer sources ever quoted Rodgers as saying he doesn't want to come back to the Packers. If he ever made any kind of statement like that to the Packer leadership at all, it likely was just a negotiating tactic and never would have seen the light of day except for these despicable media shitheads. Do you really think those miserable east and west coast lying bastards do NOT have an agenda to fuck things up for our wonderful midwestern team?

And if the Packers are successful at extending him, it is not "bending over backwards for him". It is doing what OBVIOUSLY is best for the team.

It may be a negotiating tactic and I can respect that view. I think it's more. I just listened to the full podcast of Colin Cowher's chat with Devante Adams. He just added to what I think has occurred. There were certain things AROD wanted (extension) and management didn't embrace this and that did not sit well with Rodgers...etc.....

I hear just as much local chatter about shit seriously wrong with AROD and GUTE from guys like Wilde and Tauscher as I do nationally. I hope he changes his mind; and maybe it's just a negotiating tactic. And I hope it is. But I think it's more, and I think the resentment is real. Listening to the interviews of players and people who have contact with him just re inforce this

texaspackerbacker
05-15-2021, 01:56 AM
I heard the Davante Adams thing too. Sure, he hinted Rodgers is pissed off with Gutekunst - who wouldn't be in his situation? Hell yeah, his resentment is probably real. Why wouldn't it be? But nobody among the credible sources - former and current Packers - has said he wants to leave, not even that he demands they fire Gutekunst - which, IMO, he'd be very justified in demanding.

Anti-Polar Bear
05-15-2021, 08:26 AM
I remember as far back as Dan Devine. Tank is probably the youngest poster here, most everyone is significantly older so IDK what you're on about.

Partial is actually the youngest active poster around here. However, much to the dismay of the Kentucky, I am the only one here who has not grown up.

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I can’t grow up when no hot chick would accept my seeds and therefore provide me with a future shutdown corner offspring.

As a wise man once said, on the grasslands of Africa, lionesses flock to the strongest lion; in this piggery of a prison, hot chicks flock to the man with sumptuous capital. Due to circumstances beyond my control, I flip burgers for the minimum wage. I lack capital. Ain’t no hot chick wants to mate with me.

bobblehead
05-15-2021, 09:04 AM
Partial is actually the youngest active poster around here. However, much to the dismay of the Kentucky, I am the only one here who has not grown up.

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I can’t grow up when no hot chick would accept my seeds and therefore provide me with a future shutdown corner offspring.

As a wise man once said, on the grasslands of Africa, lionesses flock to the strongest lion; in this piggery of prison, hot chicks flock to the man with sumptuous capital. Due to circumstances beyond my control, I flip burgers for the minimum wage. I lack capital. Ain’t no hot chick wants to mate with me.

Guess the lion shouldn't have treated the super smart weakling lion so poorly in high school huh?

Anti-Polar Bear
05-15-2021, 09:25 AM
Guess the lion shouldn't have treated the super smart weakling lion so poorly in high school huh?

Whatcha talkin about?

I have to flip burgers b/c no pig would hire me to cook their books. That’s beyond my control.

Bretsky
05-15-2021, 10:19 AM
I heard the Davante Adams thing too. Sure, he hinted Rodgers is pissed off with Gutekunst - who wouldn't be in his situation? Hell yeah, his resentment is probably real. Why wouldn't it be? But nobody among the credible sources - former and current Packers - has said he wants to leave, not even that he demands they fire Gutekunst - which, IMO, he'd be very justified in demanding.

Wilde and Tauscher talk about him wanting to leave as fact on a daily basis. Other packer reporters do as well. Nearly everybody wants AROD to return and they are really hopeful he can work out his differences with Gutebag and return. They often reference the number. What they means is where they are all at as far as the percentage Rodgers is gone. Wilde's number is about 50 right now. when this started other Packer beat writers were between 75-90. For Wilde it was 70 a couple weeks ago so it seems to be improving.

As for the Fire Guter.....I don't think anybody close to AROD has confirmed that.

But as for the stalemate and Rodgers asking to be traded; I think that is real.

texaspackerbacker
05-15-2021, 12:36 PM
I don't recall anybody named Wilde playing for the Packers hahahaha. Tauscher, yes. I haven't heard him on YouTube. I assume he's sort of obligated to give credence to what his partner says.

Talking about the possibility of being traded, maybe saying something like "if they don't appreciate me, they should just trade me", yeah, I could see that possibility, but seriously demanding or even asking for it? No, I don't buy that, and apparently his "surrogates" don't either.

Bossman641
05-15-2021, 11:02 PM
I've backed Rodgers back to when he first did mop up duty in the Dallas game, but if he really expects the Packers to fully commit to him for another 4 years then he's delusional.

texaspackerbacker
05-16-2021, 12:02 AM
Why would they not? That would be the clear and obvious recipe for success.

George Cumby
05-16-2021, 09:39 AM
I've backed Rodgers back to when he first did mop up duty in the Dallas game, but if he really expects the Packers to fully commit to him for another 4 years then he's delusional.

Yes. That was the game when we first saw what he was capable of; cool, composed, good skills, the game wasn't too big for him.

He's one injury away at age 37 from done or looking like Manning or Brees in their final seasons.

texaspackerbacker
05-16-2021, 01:09 PM
As I said the last time you posted that, literally anybody is "one injury away from done". Get a broken neck like P. Manning, and yeah, of course, and even after that he came back and was way more than decent, as I recall.

Brees is 5 years older than Rodgers and is smaller and flimsier built, and he still was decent at age 40. His last publicly known injury was a thumb ligament but according to an article, his wife said he also had a bad rotator cuff and plantar fascia but still played with those. That sounds to me like an accumulation of things with his flimsy body, but maybe he still could actually have played and bounced back this year at age 42. Brees, however, has made even more money in his career than Aaron Rodgers and is undoubtedly getting paid a ton to be a commentator, so retiring was pretty obvious.

The other comparable is that 6'6" stick man, Brady, who is still going strong at 43. Rodgers is stronger build and more athletic than him. Why would anybody expect an injury to strike him any more than lightning striking him? Hell, Mahomes could just as well have a career ending injury too - literally anybody could.

Upnorth
05-17-2021, 07:15 AM
Actually only 4 years older. And drews arm talent has been obviously down and under scrutiny for at least 3 years. Favre and Brady are the exceptions not the rule.

texaspackerbacker
05-17-2021, 12:45 PM
Brees apparently had a rotator cuff problem. He's called 42 in Google now, and Rodgers is 37 - not sure when their birthdays are. Favre and Brady are exceptions by choice. They are also products of the rule changes in recent decades. You seriously think Rodgers couldn't play with excellence at least as long as those two? Why the hell not? Especially when the greatest of all his great qualities is his mindset not to throw interceptions.

HarveyWallbangers
05-17-2021, 01:00 PM
Brees was 41 during the 2020 season. Rodgers turns 38 during the year. Brees's arm has been shot for a couple of years. Favre fell of the cliff after his 40-year-old season, and he was very rare playing at a high level at 40. Brady is extremely rare. I get that these guys take care of themselves more. However, compared to these guys (except Favre), Rodgers has had a lot more injuries (broken foot in 2006, hamstring in 2007, fractured left collarbone in 2013, calf injury in 2014, broken right collarbone in 2017, sprained MCL in 2018 + multiple concussions).

RashanGary
05-17-2021, 05:07 PM
Brees was 41 during the 2020 season. Rodgers turns 38 during the year. Brees's arm has been shot for a couple of years. Favre fell of the cliff after his 40-year-old season, and he was very rare playing at a high level at 40. Brady is extremely rare. I get that these guys take care of themselves more. However, compared to these guys (except Favre), Rodgers has had a lot more injuries (broken foot in 2006, hamstring in 2007, fractured left collarbone in 2013, calf injury in 2014, broken right collarbone in 2017, sprained MCL in 2018 + multiple concussions).

This is why I say that Love will see time soon and I don't want the Packers to restructure Rodgers even if he holds out. We can't hamstring our next 10 years to keep Rodgers into his 40s. Rodgers is under a perfect contract for the Packers to see him play and then either move on if they think Love is it or extend him if they don't think love is it

Bretsky
05-17-2021, 09:21 PM
This is why I say that Love will see time soon and I don't want the Packers to restructure Rodgers even if he holds out. We can't hamstring our next 10 years to keep Rodgers into his 40s. Rodgers is under a perfect contract for the Packers to see him play and then either move on if they think Love is it or extend him if they don't think love is it

You are in Green Bay so you often have insider views like some of the press guys.

what did you hear about Love in training camp and practices last year ??

RashanGary
05-17-2021, 10:50 PM
You are in Green Bay so you often have insider views like some of the press guys.

what did you hear about Love in training camp and practices last year ??

He didn't look great. But remember, rodgers wasn't a great rookie either. Love has to look good this preseason. If he does, the hopes go way up. This is the year to judge Love. Second year, second year in same offense. He has to look good this preseason or ill start in on him along with you

HarveyWallbangers
05-18-2021, 03:58 AM
No OTAs. No minicamp. No preseason. We gonna judge him on a couple of weeks of training camp practices? WTF! Guy is basically a rookie this year.

Upnorth
05-18-2021, 07:31 AM
I expect a large jump this year. While he was handcuffed last offseason he now has a full season in the system. I expect it will show quickly if he is worth this stress or if we need a different hope.
If he had to step in right now he is in a top system, top 3 ol, top 3 rb room, top 10 pass catchers(at least) plus a great set of blocking wr and te.
If he doesn't succeed he sucks.

Upnorth
05-18-2021, 07:32 AM
I want it clear that we have rodgers for 2021 and 2022. Then trade for a bunch of some other teams future.

bobblehead
05-18-2021, 09:03 AM

I'll play devils advocate now. We have a team that absolutely can win an Owl with Rodgers. Not so much with a 2nd year rookie. They are all in. That is wasted if you lose Rodgers as the team is built to win with him. Still a 9 win team with Love, maybe even 10. Not a serious contender though. Just like Shanahan can't win an owl with Lance this year. His team is primed, but just too hard for a first year starter to go all the way. With Rodgers locked in and motivated we definitely have a 2 year window and I would say honestly a 50% chance to get one and maybe a 10% chance to get 2. Hard to let that go.

bobblehead
05-18-2021, 09:13 AM
I expect a large jump this year. While he was handcuffed last offseason he now has a full season in the system. I expect it will show quickly if he is worth this stress or if we need a different hope.
If he had to step in right now he is in a top system, top 3 ol, top 3 rb room, top 10 pass catchers(at least) plus a great set of blocking wr and te.
If he doesn't succeed he sucks.

This is largely true. Not sure our OL are top 3 right now, but top 10 still and might be better. But yea, this offense is pretty well built, and even with 1 lost offseason, he had a season in the building. He has the things around him to succeed. They should have a pretty good idea in this preseason.

Zool
05-18-2021, 09:27 AM
I want it clear that we have Rodgers for 2021 and 2022. Then trade for a bunch of some other teams future.

This is probably exactly what Rodgers is trying to avoid.

Joemailman
05-18-2021, 09:41 AM
This is largely true. Not sure our OL are top 3 right now, but top 10 still and might be better. But yea, this offense is pretty well built, and even with 1 lost offseason, he had a season in the building. He has the things around him to succeed. They should have a pretty good idea in this preseason.

They will start the season minus 2 All-Pros on the O-line that they had most of last year. So, not top 3. My guess is they'll be going Jenkins, Runyan, Myers, Patrick, Turner.

OTAs: May 24-25, and 27, plus June 1-2, 4, 14-15, and 17. With Love the only QB there who really knows the offense, he should be getting plenty of reps.

RashanGary
05-18-2021, 10:38 AM
No OTAs. No minicamp. No preseason. We gonna judge him on a couple of weeks of training camp practices? WTF! Guy is basically a rookie this year.

He is absolutely NOT a rookie this year. Burrow, Tua and Herbert were true rookies last year. You have to expect Love to be on that level this year. Preseason should be a time he shines.

Sparkey
05-18-2021, 11:29 AM
Interesting tidbit: Blake Bortles and Aaron Rodgers have the same number if wins in the playoffs since 2017.

mgordo
05-18-2021, 11:39 AM
Rex Grossman has the same number of NFC Championship wins...

Upnorth
05-18-2021, 11:46 AM

Yes sorry. I forgot we lost linsley and bahk is down now. I'm finifhimg seeding and desperately need sleep.

Tangent +85 or 90 yesterday and today. Snow coming Friday. Ahhh Saskatchewan

Joemailman
05-18-2021, 11:47 AM
He is absolutely NOT a rookie this year. Burrow, Tua and Herbert were true rookies last year. You have to expect Love to be on that level this year. Preseason should be a time he shines.

Depends on how MLF wants to play it. You can bet those other guys last year were getting the lion's share of reps with the 1's to get them ready. Will MLF do that with Love, or will Love and Bortles be splitting reps with the 1's?

Joemailman
05-18-2021, 11:50 AM
Interesting tidbit: Blake Bortles and Aaron Rodgers have the same number if wins in the playoffs since 2017.

Yeah, but that's when Bortles had Hackett as his OC. Oh wait. Okay.

call_me_ishmael
05-18-2021, 12:02 PM
Man, media types really don't think he is coming back. Probably for the ratings but still. One would think there would be some clarity of this by this point.

Joemailman
05-18-2021, 12:17 PM
Man, media types really don't think he is coming back. Probably for the ratings but still. One would think there would be some clarity of this by this point.

Hard to read this one. Lack of clarity could mean two sides are negotiating and keeping it out of the press. That would be good. On the other hand, Packers would have to trade him after June 1 to gain a bunch of salary cap room. So maybe any trade talks wouldn't get serious until that point. Packers mandatory minicamp starts June 8, so that first week of June should be interesting.

texaspackerbacker
05-18-2021, 12:26 PM
Even if Love turns out to be good, he's in the Phil Bengtson situation - whatever he does won't be good enough. Arguably, Rodgers was in that situation too, following Favre, and he excelled enough to be the GOAT. I doubt we get that lucky again, not with Love or whoever follows Rodgers. I don't see 9 or 10 wins, more like 5 or 6.

RG, you talk about "hamstringing the team to keep Rodgers", hell no. That's not the way it is. 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, or 10 years, there's plenty of reason to expect continued excellence with Rodgers and plenty of reason to expect things to go in the crapper without him.

RashanGary
05-18-2021, 12:27 PM
Depends on how MLF wants to play it. You can bet those other guys last year were getting the lion's share of reps with the 1's to get them ready. Will MLF do that with Love, or will Love and Bortles be splitting reps with the 1's?

Love will be getting ripped off if he's not the true 2 this year. Just trade him if you're gonna stunt him that bad.

RashanGary
05-18-2021, 12:30 PM
Even if Love turns out to be good, he's in the Phil Bengtson situation - whatever he does won't be good enough. Arguably, Rodgers was in that situation too, following Favre, and he excelled enough to be the GOAT. I doubt we get that lucky again, not with Love or whoever follows Rodgers. I don't see 9 or 10 wins, more like 5 or 6.

RG, you talk about "hamstringing the team to keep Rodgers", hell no. That's not the way it is. 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, or 10 years, there's plenty of reason to expect continued excellence with Rodgers and plenty of reason to expect things to go in the crapper without him.

Tex I disagree. But I'll say this, I didn't dislike king as much as you early and didn't like Tonyan or Aaron Jones as much as you did, early. So I passively disagree with more than enough respect to know I could be wrong and you right.

texaspackerbacker
05-18-2021, 12:30 PM
As I said when CMI basically said what you said, tough shit. It's not the Packers' mission to make Jordan Love happy. There's a helluva lot worse things than getting paid over $1 million to hold the proverbial clipboard. (pertaining to your post two above - you replied so quick that you slipped the other post in hahahaha)

Tony Oday
05-18-2021, 02:35 PM
SI Trade Idea:

AR and a 2022 4th

Broncos:

QB Lock
DE Chubb
G Risner
2022 1st and 2nd
2023 1st
2024 1st

I would do this in a heartbeat

Joemailman
05-18-2021, 02:57 PM
Drew Lock was one of the NFL's worst starting QB's last year. He is Denver's mistake. Keep it that way. I'd rather have one of heir good young receivers.

Tony Oday
05-18-2021, 03:25 PM
Drew Lock was one of the NFL's worst starting QB's last year. He is Denver's mistake. Keep it that way. I'd rather have one of heir good young receivers.

I have no problem taking Lock. Lock, Love, Bortles is a good room. Cut him later if needed.

Spaulding
05-18-2021, 03:30 PM
SI Trade Idea:

AR and a 2022 4th

Broncos:

QB Lock
DE Chubb
G Risner
2022 1st and 2nd
2023 1st
2024 1st

No way they'd do that. That's the equivalent of four 1sts and three 2nd's for Rodgers and a 4th. That would be highway robbery but if they were that crazy I agree - pull the trigger no matter how great Rodgers is.

HarveyWallbangers
05-18-2021, 04:33 PM
What about Carr + 3 1sts + 1 2nd?

George Cumby
05-18-2021, 05:10 PM
I have no problem taking Lock. Lock, Love, Bortles is a good room. Cut him later if needed.

I wish they would do it, just so we could play with these names.

Lock Loves Bortles?

Bortles Loves Lock?

Love Bortles Lock?

Lock Bortles Love?

Tony Oday
05-18-2021, 08:19 PM
Nope, need to add a defensive starter.

Joemailman
05-18-2021, 08:55 PM

I really wonder whether Aaron Rodgers would want to go to a team that would have to give up so much draft capital in order to acquire him. And that matters because no team is going to give up that much for an Aaron Rodgers that doesn't want to play there.

King Friday
05-18-2021, 08:58 PM
SI Trade Idea:

AR and a 2022 4th

Broncos:

QB Lock
DE Chubb
G Risner
2022 1st and 2nd
2023 1st
2024 1st

Absolutely I would do this. I would do this deal minus the 2024 1st round pick. Lock is a throw in, but Chubb is a very good young pass rusher (equiv to a 1st) and Risner is a strong OL prospect (equiv to a 2nd).

I highly doubt Denver would offer up that good of a deal, but that is probably what it would take for Green Bay to make a trade.

texaspackerbacker
05-19-2021, 01:07 AM
I agree, those trade ideas would be fair if not better than fair, but even so, the Packers would be a shitty team for a few years and a mediocre team after that for quite a while.

Joemailman
05-19-2021, 09:40 AM

I'm starting to wonder if this situation has nothing to do with anything the Packers organization did. Rodgers is engaged. He is from California. His fiancee is from California. She is an actress. Jeopardy is filmed in California. Spending more than half his time in Green Bay Wisconsin might simply not fit into his life right now. All the trade talk has been about him being traded out west. Denver. Oakland. On draft day San Francisco. Earlier the Rams called to inquire about his availability. So Rodgers is trying to force a trade out west. I suspect he may be telling the Packers he wants a trade out west or he will retire. Most may scoff at the prospect of retirement, but Rodgers is a different kind of dude.

HarveyWallbangers
05-19-2021, 09:53 AM
And I read that his fiancé lives in Denver.

Anti-Polar Bear
05-19-2021, 10:19 AM
I'm starting to wonder if this situation has nothing to do with anything the Packers organization did. Rodgers is engaged. He is from California. His fiancee is from California. She is an actress. Jeopardy is filmed in California. Spending more than half his time in Green Bay Wisconsin might simply not fit into his life right now. All the trade talk has been about him being traded out west. Denver. Oakland. On draft day San Francisco. Earlier the Rams called to inquire about his availability. So Rodgers is trying to force a trade out west. I suspect he may be telling the Packers he wants a trade out west or he will retire. Most may scoff at the prospect of retirement, but Rodgers is a different kind of dude.

Know any Hollywood producer? My screenplay, “The Great Arm of Butte,” is finished. Shailene Woodley would be perfect for the role of Yoko Ono.

call_me_ishmael
05-19-2021, 10:56 AM
As I said when CMI basically said what you said, tough shit. It's not the Packers' mission to make Jordan Love happy. There's a helluva lot worse things than getting paid over $1 million to hold the proverbial clipboard. (pertaining to your post two above - you replied so quick that you slipped the other post in hahahaha)

Yeah, this makes sense from your perspective but any player with a brain will view this as doing a disservice to the player. 1M to hold a clipboard and NOT let the player pursue his career is not doing right by the players. 1M is not very much money to these players, in fact it is a very low salary for an NFL player - especially when half the QBs get 25M+ annually. Compound that over a less glamorous second contract due to lack of playing time, etc and it's abundantly clear this is a hostile act if it went that way.

The Packers would never do that. Penny smart, pound foolish.

King Friday
05-19-2021, 01:04 PM
I agree, those trade ideas would be fair if not better than fair, but even so, the Packers would be a shitty team for a few years and a mediocre team after that for quite a while.

Why? The amount of talent on this roster is better then average, even without Rodgers. True, they aren't a title contender right now without Rodgers...but with a halfway capable QB they are a playoff contender.

Hell... The fucking Bears with a dumbass coach and weaker overall roster won 8 games last year. Losing Rodgers and getting two starting caliber players in return would not make the Packers shitty.

King Friday
05-19-2021, 01:10 PM
Most may scoff at the prospect of retirement, but Rodgers is a different kind of dude.

Rodgers has repeatedly maintained that he wants to play into his 40s. He's only won a single Super Bowl, and you damn well know that eats at him everyday.

So you think he's going to walk away knowing he is still capable of playing MVP caliber ball?

Fuck no.

texaspackerbacker
05-19-2021, 01:47 PM
Why? The amount of talent on this roster is better then average, even without Rodgers. True, they aren't a title contender right now without Rodgers...but with a halfway capable QB they are a playoff contender.

Hell... The fucking Bears with a dumbass coach and weaker overall roster won 8 games last year. Losing Rodgers and getting two starting caliber players in return would not make the Packers shitty.

If the talent SEEMS better, it's because of Rodgers. Our O Line, our receivers, even Aaron Jones would be hugely less effective if teams didn't need to gameplan for Rodgers' accuracy, mobility, intelligence, and mindset. Even the D benefits from ball control and getting leads by the offense.

Tony Oday
05-19-2021, 02:13 PM
If the talent SEEMS better, it's because of Rodgers. Our O Line, our receivers, even Aaron Jones would be hugely less effective if teams didn't need to gameplan for Rodgers' accuracy, mobility, intelligence, and mindset. Even the D benefits from ball control and getting leads by the offense.

Packers still win the division with or without AR.

Spaulding
05-19-2021, 02:47 PM
Packers still win the division with or without AR.

Like the optimism but even with Rodgers the Vikings are going to be a battle for the division. Injuries and an opt out hurt their DL substantially last season and so without doing anything they improve by getting Hunter and Pierce back to solidify the front four.

Add to that possibly better oline play and dangerous skilled players in the Cook/Thielen/Jefferson and a non dumpster fire at corner (Peterson isn't what he was coming into the league but he's still far better than what scrubs they played last year) they could very well be neck and neck with the Packers.

One thing we can still count on though are the Lions sucking and the Bears pulling defeat out the of the hands of victory.

RashanGary
05-19-2021, 05:44 PM
Like the optimism but even with Rodgers the Vikings are going to be a battle for the division. Injuries and an opt out hurt their DL substantially last season and so without doing anything they improve by getting Hunter and Pierce back to solidify the front four.

Add to that possibly better oline play and dangerous skilled players in the Cook/Thielen/Jefferson and a non dumpster fire at corner (Peterson isn't what he was coming into the league but he's still far better than what scrubs they played last year) they could very well be neck and neck with the Packers.

One thing we can still count on though are the Lions sucking and the Bears pulling defeat out the of the hands of victory.

Well said. I agree the vikes are poised for a bounce back year. The Bears dont have an NFL ready QB and their defense has kinda fallen off. The Lions suck. The Vikings should press for the division.

RashanGary
05-19-2021, 05:44 PM
The Packers have a tough schedule

Tony Oday
05-19-2021, 08:02 PM
Vikes are trash. Terrible coach, QB that can't pull it out in the clutch, can't draft Olinemen ever, CBs that couldn't cover a WR if their lives depended on it.

Upnorth
05-19-2021, 10:44 PM

When deshone was chucking the rock in 2017 the line was not the problem. He had time. This line is better with bakh

12 is not the god you see him as. When our line gives up pressure he looks mortal. When it doesnt he is a highlight reel. Perhaps give the line some credit or start suggesting we trade them for wrs.

Imagibe how good they would look with some one who had an average time to release. Oh wait we did in 2020 and 2 were all pros and a third should have been.

texaspackerbacker
05-20-2021, 01:04 AM
The Packers O Line has been giving up pressures a large percentage of the time as long as Rodgers was the starter. Yes, Rodgers has occasionally looked mortal when the pass rush got a lot worse than normal. I'll give the O Line credit for improving last season in the run game, and maybe a little bit in pass pro too, but I stand by it, their reputation for being any more than slightly above average is undeserved and mainly the result of Rodgers' excellence.

I've heard this bullshit about getting rid of the ball quicker for more years than I care to think about. There's no question, Rodgers has a quick release. The reason for the longer time to get rid of the ball is mindset - the absolute hating of throwing interceptions as well as the ability and intention to avoid the rush with his mobility. And I wouldn't have it any other way in both.

HarveyWallbangers
05-20-2021, 02:22 AM
The Packers O Line has been giving up pressures a large percentage of the time as long as Rodgers was the starter.

Mostly due to Rodgers holding onto the ball more than most QBs--until MLF got here. His time before throw has traditionally been high. Plenty of years where he plays hero ball and looks for the deep shot rather than taking his check down--especially early in a season. There's been noticeable improvement by Rodgers since MLF took over.

Packers4Glory
05-20-2021, 08:49 AM
Mostly due to Rodgers holding onto the ball more than most QBs--until MLF got here. His time before throw has traditionally been high. Plenty of years where he plays hero ball and looks for the deep shot rather than taking his check down--especially early in a season. There's been noticeable improvement by Rodgers since MLF took over.

also perhaps to him holding the ball longer because outside of Adams his receivers that past several years couldn't get open. hence the obscene number of throwaways the years prior. Last year wasn't so bad. But when that core of Driver, Jordy, and Cobb got old, all the was left was a young Adams. The position was never addressed save for late round lotto picks like MVS and ESB among other flops. Plus the line prior to last year was average at best a lot of the time. Some of it due to injuries to Bulaga who was great when healthy but often was not.

bobblehead
05-20-2021, 09:48 AM

True. Its the reason I hate it when Rodgers refuses to take what the D gives him. For about 5 years before Flower came along he was NOT playing MVP ball, and in season one he argued with Flower constantly. He gets on board and plays the way he is supposed to finally and now we owe him the world. I think not.

bobblehead
05-20-2021, 09:50 AM
also perhaps to him holding the ball longer because outside of Adams his receivers that past several years couldn't get open. hence the obscene number of throwaways the years prior. Last year wasn't so bad. But when that core of Driver, Jordy, and Cobb got old, all the was left was a young Adams. The position was never addressed save for late round lotto picks like MVS and ESB among other flops. Plus the line prior to last year was average at best a lot of the time. Some of it due to injuries to Bulaga who was great when healthy but often was not.

Not even close. The problem was that we didn't run the ball. Period. End of story.

Joemailman
05-20-2021, 09:58 AM

Last year wasn't so bad? Last year was great because he was actually running the damn offense instead of holding onto the ball forever. His completion pct. went from 62% to 71% even though he was basically throwing to the same group of receivers. And his sacks went from 36 to 20 even though the offensive line wasn't quite as good due to the loss of Bulaga. And the offense didn't miss a beat during the 2 games Adams missed which disproves the theory that the Packers have no receiving weapons other than Adams.

texaspackerbacker
05-20-2021, 10:58 AM
I'll give LaFleur some credit for getting Rodgers to change a little bit, but I'll give him more credit for making the running game a viable option. The creativity there made success all the way around, running and passing easier. Mostly, though, I'll give LaFleur credit for subordinating his ego and letting Rodgers be Rodgers. Also, there's a lot of truth in what r4g said above too about receivers not getting open in previous years. r4g, I HOPE you weren't including MVS among those flops, though. He and Tonyan and Lazard made the difference last season. The success there was probably partly better personnel, but LaFleur and his staff seem to have designed better packages of patterns too.

The sacks went down from 36 to 20 without Bulaga and minus Bakhtiari for a large part of the season? One interpretation of that could be getting rid of the ball quick, but I tend to think it is more because O Line play good or bad just isn't that big a factor in the passing game - beyond the bare minimum, of course, which we didn't have against Tampa. If it was just unloading quicker, there would have been way more interceptions and the old complaint about throwaways would have resurfaced.

Joemailman
05-20-2021, 01:18 PM
https://thespun.com/nfl/nfc-north/green-bay-packers/where-things-stand-with-aaron-rodgers-packers

On Thursday, ESPN insider Dan Graziano reported that Rodgers and the Packers have discussed a new contract.

“Things have quieted down since draft day,” Graziano said on Get Up. “The Packers still hope and believe that there’s a chance he’ll be back with them as their starting quarterback this year. The question is what will that take? And there have been conversations between Aaron Rodgers’ camp and the Packers about a new contract, and I think that’s interesting when you look at the Packers and the way they do business. The willingness to do a new contract tells you that they’re willing to bend a little bit in Aaron Rodgers’ direction, whether Ron Wolf likes it or not. It’s just a question of what that number is, and is it high enough to get him back.”

bobblehead
05-20-2021, 04:31 PM
https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/former_packers_gm_ron_wolf_blasts_diva_aaron_rodge rs/s1_12680_34934015?utm_source=msn%2Ecom&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=rl_msn&utm_content=rl_msn_34958051

“We have a lot of divas playing in the league right now,” Wolf said. “I fail to understand that all these guys have long-term deals. I can’t believe the game has changed that remarkably,” Wolf said on the Big Show Network in Wisconsin. “These guys” are Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers, Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson, and Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson. Each is signed for at least the next three seasons. Each reportedly and/or actually want to be traded to new teams.”

Anti-Polar Bear
05-20-2021, 04:49 PM
https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/former_packers_gm_ron_wolf_blasts_diva_aaron_rodge rs/s1_12680_34934015?utm_source=msn%2Ecom&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=rl_msn&utm_content=rl_msn_34958051

“We have a lot of divas playing in the league right now,” Wolf said. “I fail to understand that all these guys have long-term deals. I can’t believe the game has changed that remarkably,” Wolf said on the Big Show Network in Wisconsin. “These guys” are Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers, Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson, and Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson. Each is signed for at least the next three seasons. Each reportedly and/or actually want to be traded to new teams.”

Said the guy whose ego was bigger than Zeus’ rooster.

Wolf once gave Sherman the GM gig just to fuck with Holmgren. Wait, that’s a good thing, right? Sherman never once missed the playoffs as GM.

Upnorth
05-20-2021, 08:02 PM

Posts like this show how little you watch the real game and just focus on the ball. See the whole action before you say dumb things like this man. 2017 and 2018 our line wasn't good. 2018 was theonlyyear an uninjured rodgers had less than .500 win percentage. You know when he looks great? When the line is great and he plays the scheme. His hero ball makes our line look worse than it is. I belive the average time to release is about 2.5 seconds. Rodgers is usually 2.76 or greater. The vloser to 2.76 the better we play. The better the run game. The better the pa. Force the d to commit fast and they make more mistakes. Brady has always been quick and it shows in wins.

texaspackerbacker
05-20-2021, 09:32 PM
No no no. p4g is mostly correct, and you're mostly wrong, Upnorth.

Brady has always had better O Lines and better defenses, and that's what shows in wins. With his lack of mobility, he doesn't have the option to take longer to pass. Rodgers does, thankfully. It is true, the better the run game, the easier it is to pass successfully, and the line gets some of the credit for that. Aaron Jones getting better and better also has a lot to do with it.

About the only time Rodgers doesn't look great is when the pass rush gets so massive that even his escapability isn't enough.

RashanGary
05-20-2021, 10:10 PM
Rodgers has a history of holding the ball and making the OL look bad. He also has a history of escaping and making big plays. It was always a double edged sword. Now he gets rid of it quicker. He’s better the way he is now even if it’s fewer spectacular plays.

Brady has always been as good as Rodgers but a different style. Brady almost always gets rid of it quickly, still avoids interceptions and is smart enough to take sacks when nothing is there.

Both have been great QBs of the last decade but different.

Upnorth
05-20-2021, 11:00 PM
If I was an oline man I would way rather block for Brady than rodgers. Less work each rep. More energy at the end of the game. Easier to play good when you are less tired.

texaspackerbacker
05-20-2021, 11:03 PM
No, that's not the way it is, RG.

Put Brady on a lesser team, and he's nowhere near as good as he has been. Put Brady on the Packers, and he gets rushed into a lot of losses and probably a lot shorter career. Brady has 581 TD passes and 191 interceptions - pretty damn good. Aaron Rodgers has 412 TD passes and 89 interceptions, close to twice as good.

Never in a million years does "Rodgers make the O Line look bad". He's gotten rushed horribly his whole career, and he still has performed as the GOAT.

sharpe1027
05-21-2021, 07:22 AM
Quick release QBs can mask a bad Online. Brady makes his line look better by getting rid of the ball quickly and by understanding the defense to make them pay for bringing pressure.

Rodgers adds value by extending plays. He created more chances for high return. In doing so, he also makes the O-line look worse.

Two different approaches by two of the best to play the game.

Rodgers proved he can shift his play to quicker releases last year and the results were amazing. That's good, because he'll need to do that more as he gets older. Brady, in the other hand, never had the ability to extend the way Rodgers did for most of his career.

Upnorth
05-21-2021, 07:32 AM
Quick release QBs can mask a bad Online. Brady makes his line look better by getting rid of the ball quickly and by understanding the defense to make them pay for bringing pressure.

Rodgers adds value by extending plays. He created more chances for high return. In doing so, he also makes the O-line look worse.

Rodgers proved he can shift his play to quicker releases last year and the results were amazing. That's good, because he'll need to do that more as he gets older. Brady, in the other hand, never had the ability to extend the way Rodgers did for most of his career.

This is 100% accurate sharpe

bobblehead
05-21-2021, 09:23 AM
Rodgers is superior to Brady. No doubt in my mind. Rodgers has played in an inferior system with an inferior defense and coaching until 2 years ago.

Under MiLF Rodgers has taken the top off the D with more consistency simply because we force the D to honor the run. His deep ball is 2nd to none and rivaled by only Jeff George and Jeff Blake that I have ever seen. Of course, one was a head case and the other couldn't read a D. Rodgers is also a headcase, but not as bad as George was.

Here is another fact. Like Favre, Rodgers doesn't want to share credit for his success with anyone. As he is older, he is more selfish. MiLF is largely responsible for the MVP resurgence because he butted heads with Rodgers until Rodgers executed the superior system properly. Brady never had to butt heads with little Josh as he preferred audibling to the run and watching a 7 yard gain. He just wants to win at all costs and with it comes the adulation. So in some ways Brady is a better QB while not being near the talent.

Hopefully we can see Love latch onto MiLF until he also has enough success to decide he knows everything and 15 years from now we can be pissed that we are treating out 3rd straight HoF QB so badly when he gets selfish and forgets all the people who contributed to his success.

texaspackerbacker
05-21-2021, 10:20 AM
In the unlikely event we see Love starting within the next 4 or 5 years, I sincerely hope he models himself after Rodgers. As I have said, the best of all Rodgers' great qualities is his mindset to not throw interceptions.

The thing that masks a bad O Line is MOBILITY - much more so than a quick release. A lot of people in here use the term quick release to mean getting rid of the ball early. No, that's not what it means. It means the period of time from the decision to throw until the ball is gone, and Rodgers is right up there with Marino and a few others on that too. I say again, getting rid of the ball quick as a top priority is stupid. It results in a lower completion percentage and interceptions. I've said consistently Rodgers is better than Brady, but I'll throw Brady a bone now: he is accurate enough that he can unload it quick and not throw that many picks (although he still has thrown more than twice as many as Rodgers in his career). Brady, of course, has to be that way because he lacks mobility, but because he has always been blessed with a good O Line, he is right up there with P. Manning. Elway, Montana, Marino, and Favre as just a notch or so behind the GOAT.

Upnorth
05-21-2021, 11:14 AM
Funny Baltimore's oline looked great in front of flacco. Just crap with lamar. I think you are baxkwards

sharpe1027
05-21-2021, 11:32 AM
In the unlikely event we see Love starting within the next 4 or 5 years, I sincerely hope he models himself after Rodgers. As I have said, the best of all Rodgers' great qualities is his mindset to not throw interceptions.

The thing that masks a bad O Line is MOBILITY - much more so than a quick release. A lot of people in here use the term quick release to mean getting rid of the ball early. No, that's not what it means. It means the period of time from the decision to throw until the ball is gone, and Rodgers is right up there with Marino and a few others on that too. I say again, getting rid of the ball quick as a top priority is stupid. It results in a lower completion percentage and interceptions. I've said consistently Rodgers is better than Brady, but I'll throw Brady a bone now: he is accurate enough that he can unload it quick and not throw that many picks (although he still has thrown more than twice as many as Rodgers in his career). Brady, of course, has to be that way because he lacks mobility, but because he has always been blessed with a good O Line, he is right up there with P. Manning. Elway, Montana, Marino, and Favre as just a notch or so behind the GOAT.

Mobility doesn't make the O-line LOOK better the same way a quick release does. Better results with both approaches, but a QB scrambling for his life LOOKs a lot worse for the O-line than when the QB gets rid of the ball quickly.

texaspackerbacker
05-21-2021, 01:15 PM
I guess a better way to say it is mobility compensates for defective O Line play. That's been the situation as long as Rodgers has been starting in Green Bay. I suppose you're right, that doesn't necessarily make the O Line look good, but it sure has gotten them a lot of praise over the years - way more than deserved IMO. The most telling thing about the O Line IMO is what happened with Rodgers out - some of the QBs running like scared rabbits back there due to the same kind of pass rush Rodgers faces game in and game out. I'm thinking in particular of Seneca Wallace.

RashanGary
05-21-2021, 02:43 PM

I think this is what most of us see. Rodgers has changed in.his old age. He's better doing it the traditional way now because his legs aren't what they used to be.

sharpe1027
05-21-2021, 07:42 PM
I guess a better way to say it is mobility compensates for defective O Line play. That's been the situation as long as Rodgers has been starting in Green Bay. I suppose you're right, that doesn't necessarily make the O Line look good, but it sure has gotten them a lot of praise over the years - way more than deserved IMO. The most telling thing about the O Line IMO is what happened with Rodgers out - some of the QBs running like scared rabbits back there due to the same kind of pass rush Rodgers faces game in and game out. I'm thinking in particular of Seneca Wallace.

For sure, but there's a legit argument that for awhile Rodgers waited too long too often instead of checking down and taking what the defense gave him.

Even so he was ridiculously good.

Rutnstrut
05-21-2021, 10:23 PM
If it
s back to the Brady VS Rodgers debate. It's Brady hands down, the hardware is the only stat that matters.

texaspackerbacker
05-21-2021, 10:58 PM
That's bullshit. It's about who is the best QB, Period. No more, no less.

sharpe1027
05-21-2021, 11:25 PM
If it
s back to the Brady VS Rodgers debate. It's Brady hands down, the hardware is the only stat that matters.

Trent Dilfer is equal to Aaron Rodgers. Ben Roethlisberger is better.

No. Just, no.

Upnorth
05-22-2021, 12:29 AM
If it

That's suxh a b.s. argument. Dan Marino is a shit qb in this mode of thinking. Eli manning is one of the greatest and in historty by this rational.

I don't want this to be Brady v rodgers. I want people to be rational about the value a qb has. A hof qb with a bad line never looks like a hof qb.
I admit that the qb has a higher impact on team quality than any other position, but oline is the second most important position group.

wist43
05-22-2021, 12:55 AM
Brady has played for teams that have done a better job building teams capable of winning the SB.

Rodgers plays for the Packers who are more committed to the future and the draft than they are about winning Superbowls.

Talent comparison?? Rodgers is better. If's and buts, candy and nuts...

On the downside, Rodgers headcase prima donna act is a huge negative.

sharpe1027
05-22-2021, 07:49 AM
Brady has played for teams that have done a better job building teams capable of winning the SB.

Hard to argue with this. The proof is in the results.

Rodgers plays for the Packers who are more committed to the future and the draft than they are about winning Superbowls.

I'd argue the Packers tried to win Superbowls by building for the future. Hell, they wouldn't even had drafted Rodgers if it wasn't for that type of approach.

Talent comparison?? Rodgers is better. If's and buts, candy and nuts...

On the downside, Rodgers headcase prima donna act is a huge negative.

I agree, although Brady is no saint.

bobblehead
05-22-2021, 10:23 AM
If it

Thats the dumbest thing I have ever heard. So Eli is equal to Peyton and better than Rodgers. Bradshaw, Aikman, Big Ben, Elway, Jim Plunkett, and Bob Griese are all better than Rodgers. Flacco, Phil Simms, Jim McMahon, Doug Williams, Jeff Hostetler, Mark Rypien, Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, and Nick Foles are all his equals.

Yea, makes perfect sense.

sharpe1027
05-22-2021, 06:29 PM
Thats the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

That's a high bar if you follow Packer Rats. Doesn't make my top ten, but it's pretty silly.

George Cumby
05-22-2021, 08:01 PM
That's a high bar if you follow Packer Rats. Doesn't make my top ten, but it's pretty silly.

Hold my beer and watch this!

texaspackerbacker
05-22-2021, 10:35 PM
It showed up 4 times scrolling down my Facebook, almost as many times as the ads for mini-air conditioners or tiny battery powered chain saws, that Rodgers doesn't really want to leave the Packers at all, just using that as a negotiating ploy to get as long a long term extension as he wants - ya think? hahahaha.

run pMc
05-23-2021, 12:09 PM
I don't want this to be Brady v rodgers. I want people to be rational about the value a qb has. A hof qb with a bad line never looks like a hof qb.
I admit that the qb has a higher impact on team quality than any other position, but oline is the second most important position group.

Agree... about the first part. I'd add a qualifier to OL being the 2nd most important position group on the offensive side of the ball.

bobblehead
05-24-2021, 10:59 AM

Fair point. I think I once predicted Allan Babre would be a stud and that was pretty stupid.

George Cumby
05-24-2021, 12:54 PM
Fair point. I think I once predicted Allan Babre would be a stud and that was pretty stupid.

I got you beat. I thought Burks had potential.

Joemailman
05-24-2021, 01:08 PM
To no one's surprise, Rodgers not at OTA practice today according to sources. No word yet on what other players were not there. Practice is open to media tomorrow.

RashanGary
05-24-2021, 06:41 PM
I got you beat. I thought Burks had potential.

I had mike Hawkins, otherwise known as Dion Hawkins.

call_me_ishmael
05-24-2021, 11:07 PM
I had mike Hawkins, otherwise known as Dion Hawkins.

lol you loved yourself some neon Mike Hawkins haha. That guy had one heck of a training camp, though.

Bretsky
05-25-2021, 12:13 AM
Hawkins was a great athlete

I loved the AJ Hawk pick

texaspackerbacker
05-25-2021, 02:37 AM
I was absolutely thrilled when we drafted Jamal Reynolds. If you go way back, I really like the Brent Fullwood pick and D Tackle big Mike McCoy too. Even before that, I thought Randy Duncan of Iowa was gonna solve our QB problem, but he fled to Canada. Thank goodness, Bart Starr appeared and saved things.

sharpe1027
05-25-2021, 05:23 AM
I'm never wrong. I just refuse to take a stance on anyone.

RashanGary
05-25-2021, 06:09 AM
lol you loved yourself some neon Mike Hawkins haha. That guy had one heck of a training camp, though.

Back then I thought every great athlete would become a great football player. Now we all know it’s a combination of a lot of things (a natural feel for the game, work ethic, athletic ability.) A guy like Eric Stokes now, good player in the SEC, hard worker, elite athlete.... it’s not like he’s Charles Woodson with having a knack for football but he’s not Will Blackmon either (zero pass breakups in 4 years in GB.) His weakest area is that feel for the game but even that he’s like a 6/10. Stokes has close to 100% chance to be average like King and maybe a 50% chance to be good and a 20% chance to be great. I’ve learned to temper expectations for sure.

bobblehead
05-25-2021, 10:20 AM
I'm never wrong. I just refuse to take a stance on anyone.

I look forward to your future in politics. That is a talent that serves well in that realm.

bobblehead
05-25-2021, 10:22 AM
Back then I thought every great athlete would become a great football player. Now we all know it’s a combination of a lot of things (a natural feel for the game, work ethic, athletic ability.) A guy like Eric Stokes now, good player in the SEC, hard worker, elite athlete.... it’s not like he’s Charles Woodson with having a knack for football but he’s not Will Blackmon either (zero pass breakups in 4 years in GB.) His weakest area is that feel for the game but even that he’s like a 6/10. Stokes has close to 100% chance to be average like King and maybe a 50% chance to be good and a 20% chance to be great. I’ve learned to temper expectations for sure.

His hips aren't good enough to become truly elite imo. However, his makeup speed makes it hard for him to fail when coupled with the fact he has played top talent and looked good.

RashanGary
05-25-2021, 10:45 AM
His hips aren't good enough to become truly elite imo. However, his makeup speed makes it hard for him to fail when coupled with the fact he has played top talent and looked good.

True. And suspect ball skills. Even a late first round pick like Stokes makes me think somewhere between average and really good. I used to think undrafted guys who ran a 4.3 would be HOFers. Now I doubt greatness from first rounders who run a 4.2.

Upnorth
05-25-2021, 10:59 AM
I haven't been this stoked about a draft pick since cm3. If stokes is 75% of that level we got a he'll of a player.

I love that this thread has evolved into everything else. Sick of the drama already. I think 2008 broke me for this stuff.that might be why I had no patience for Brandon.

texaspackerbacker
05-25-2021, 02:26 PM

You do realize, that adds up to 170% hahahahaha.

I've got the same feeling about Stokes that I had for Jamal Reynolds.

RashanGary
05-25-2021, 02:50 PM
You do realize, that adds up to 170% hahahahaha.

I've got the same feeling about Stokes that I had for Jamal Reynolds.

I'm saying 100% at least average
50% at least good
20% at least great

Being great still falls.under at least average. It made sense to me :lol:

HarveyWallbangers
05-25-2021, 06:27 PM
Long, but interesting article:

Let The Jordan Love Era Begin (https://www.golongtd.com/p/let-the-jordan-love-era-begin-in)

Bottom line for Dunne: trade Rodgers (who appears really petty), ride with Love (who could be really good)--which is kind of where I'm at.

HarveyWallbangers
05-25-2021, 06:30 PM
There's another article by Dunne, but you have to pay to access. Wish I could read it because it looks like a doozy. :)

When you’re out, you’re out. There is no reconciliation. If Aaron Rodgers puts you on his shit list, there is no path off of that shit list.

The grudge is real. It’s been discussed.

And leak to leak to leak, Rodgers let the world know who the latest person to make this list is: Green Bay Packers GM Brian Gutekunst.

texaspackerbacker
05-25-2021, 07:07 PM

Let The Jordan Love Era Begin (https://www.golongtd.com/p/let-the-jordan-love-era-begin-in)

Bottom line for Dunne: trade Rodgers (who appears really petty), ride with Love (who could be really good)--which is kind of where I'm at.

Then fuck Mr. Dunne.

Joemailman
05-25-2021, 08:17 PM

Pretty interesting. The trade proposal would be incredible. Adams, Jeudy, MVS and Lazard would sure make Love's job easier.

One AFC front office executive is blunt: There’s no way to “win” a Rodgers trade when Rodgers is guaranteed to go scorched earth but he also thinks a team would give the Packers whatever they want.

His guess is that two firsts, two seconds and two players such as wideout Jerry Jeudy and defensive end Bradley Chubb would do the trick.

Such a trade would be unprecedented. No team has ever dealt a reigning MVP.

George Cumby
05-26-2021, 01:00 AM

The Love, ah, ahem, love, is getting me kind of excited.

It sounds irreconcilable.

Let's get our King's Ransom and run.

th87
05-26-2021, 01:14 AM

What makes you think Love could be really good?

I obviously would never rule him out, but QBs drafted outside the top 10 *overwhelmingly* become nothing.

http://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/positions/qb

In the last 10 years, I see Wilson, Cousins (debatable), Prescott, Watson, Jackson. That's 5 or so out of 80. Could Love be added to that list? It's possible. But the odds are heavily against it.

bobblehead
05-26-2021, 01:50 AM
What makes you think Love could be really good?

I obviously would never rule him out, but QBs drafted outside the top 10 *overwhelmingly* become nothing.

http://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/positions/qb

In the last 10 years, I see Wilson, Cousins (debatable), Prescott, Watson, Jackson. That's 5 or so out of 80. Could Love be added to that list? It's possible. But the odds are heavily against it.

To be fair, out of 80 QBs drafted in the last 10 years most of them became nothing. And if you go back a bit further you could add some names to the list. Favre, Brady, Rodgers, Brees for instance....pretty much every great QB not named manning in recent history. Recently you used the cutoff of 10, Maholmes was exactly 10.

Guys who were top 10 picks include Tua, Murry, Daniel Jones, Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Mitch Trubisky, Goff, Wentz, Winston, Marriota, Bortles, RG3, Tannehill, Gabbert, and Bradford.

So, basically a lot of busts that cost even more than the 26th pick.

I stand by what I have said for a long time. Coaching, system and playing behind a good OL plays a big factor in winning and QB success. Rodgers should be grateful he got drafted by the Packers instead of the Bears. This year 2 QBs got put in great situations. Wilson and Lance. Lawrence has overwhelming ability so he will do well. Mac Jones probably landed in the ideal spot for him as well. But Love landed in his ideal spot. But over the years some good prospects got ruined by organizations that never seem to learn basic lessons.

texaspackerbacker
05-26-2021, 01:52 AM
Channeling APB here, but notice any common thread among all but the debatable one? Love at least has that going for him hahahahaha.

Anti-Polar Bear
05-26-2021, 03:38 AM
The smile on your face seems to say
I’m so happy dancing my way
But what’s so merry when all ain’t OK
Because of you, drafter of Love-ay
Losing ‘Butte’ is the price we could pay
Go do acid with Love, if you may
Or bang fishmongers like Tony O’Day
Do any fuck you please but stay
As GM of the Packers of Green Bay
Oh, German Shepherd, off you go to stray!
Oh, German Shepherd, resign today!

Anti-Polar Bear
05-26-2021, 08:48 AM
Edited

The smile on your face seems to say
I’m so happy dancing my fucking way
But what’s so merry when all ain’t OK?
Because of you, drafter of Love-ay
Losing ‘Butte’ could be the price we pay
Go do acid with Love, if you may
Or bang fishmongers like Tony O’Day
Do any fuck you please but stay
As GM of the Packers of Green Bay
Oh, German Shepherd, off you go to stray!
Oh, German Shepherd, resign today!

Upnorth
05-26-2021, 10:27 AM
Channeling APB here, but notice any common thread among all but the debatable one? Love at least has that going for him hahahahaha.

Sorry for being dense but I don't see a unifying theme... Can you elaborate?

th87
05-26-2021, 02:33 PM

Hmm...interesting observation.

th87
05-26-2021, 02:45 PM
To be fair, out of 80 QBs drafted in the last 10 years most of them became nothing. And if you go back a bit further you could add some names to the list. Favre, Brady, Rodgers, Brees for instance....pretty much every great QB not named manning in recent history. Recently you used the cutoff of 10, Maholmes was exactly 10.

Guys who were top 10 picks include Tua, Murry, Daniel Jones, Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Mitch Trubisky, Goff, Wentz, Winston, Marriota, Bortles, RG3, Tannehill, Gabbert, and Bradford.

So, basically a lot of busts that cost even more than the 26th pick.

I stand by what I have said for a long time. Coaching, system and playing behind a good OL plays a big factor in winning and QB success. Rodgers should be grateful he got drafted by the Packers instead of the Bears. This year 2 QBs got put in great situations. Wilson and Lance. Lawrence has overwhelming ability so he will do well. Mac Jones probably landed in the ideal spot for him as well. But Love landed in his ideal spot. But over the years some good prospects got ruined by organizations that never seem to learn basic lessons.

I didn't go back further because it was too much work, and my belief that scouting may have improved, so teams are less likely to pluck diamonds in the rough.

Usually teams drafting QBs later than the top half of the first round are doing so as projects, so in most cases, they are allowed to take their time to learn. Further, if you're drafting lower in a round, that usually means you have a better team overall. So the good situations should be in place for QBs picked later, but success is still incredibly limited.

Based on the likelihood of success (very low), and the capital used to play it (very high), and at the point in the franchise's lifecycle the pick was made, it was somewhat dumb from day 1. And then the downstream effects turned it into a disaster.

Fritz
05-26-2021, 03:10 PM
Pretty interesting. The trade proposal would be incredible. Adams, Jeudy, MVS and Lazard would sure make Love's job easier.

Since the Packers appear to suck at picking defensive linemen, I would like to see at least one of the two bodies in any trade package include a rising young defensive line stud.

red
05-26-2021, 05:34 PM
i'll go ahead and say it since no one else has the balls to

i question a-rods mental state right now

he's dated a lot of really really good looking girls, guys rich, and i'm told good looking. he can probably get any chick he wants

but he is now engaged to one homely, fugly looking girl. i just don't get it. she better be great in the sack with a bag over her head or something

i mean, woof

Joemailman
05-26-2021, 09:47 PM

he's dated a lot of really really good looking girls, guys rich, and i'm told good looking. he can probably get any chick he wants

but he is now engaged to one homely, fugly looking girl. i just don't get it. she better be great in the sack with a bag over her head or something

i mean, woof

Okay, Shallow Hal.

NewsBruin
05-26-2021, 10:46 PM
But she's Jodie Foster-approved!

One thing that is reminiscent of the Favre situation is that Aaron barely has any lockerroom peers. He's got Marcedes Lewis (16 seasons, but only 3 or so with Green Bay), Mason Crosby (15 seasons as scapegoat kicker), and Baktiari (9). Everyone else from Rodgers' first 8 years is gone. Rodgers doesn't seem like he feeds off or generates that rah-rah lockerroom brotherhood mentality that Mahomes, Brees, or Brady naturally do. I don't think Peyton Manning was a Hype Man, but he probably knew every offensive player's tendencies and the names of their nieces' and nephews' homeroom teachers -- and everyone on the Broncos knew how little he had left in his arm.

Rodgers is incredible in so many respects, but I think his current salary should come with an expectation that he does what he can to rally the team. Maybe that's why we offered Aaron Jones to stick around. It sucks that Rodgers had a good offensive coach who regressed under pressure, an excellent GM who got dementia on the job, and an executive suite that is voted on by shareholders. Those cost him in his prime years. But those are the breaks; there are very few perfect scenarios in the NFL, even in the teams that have won a lot. I think he might have been done poorly, but he wasn't done wrong.

I think his 90-day fiancée with her own social circle and Life Outside Football is not going to endear Aaron to be more of the heart and soul of the offense. I'm glad he's happy-ish, but I'm not gonna be heartbroken when the ride ends.

call_me_ishmael
05-26-2021, 11:07 PM
I think this was an interesting interview with Alex Smith.

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1397642172074180626

Freak Out
05-26-2021, 11:21 PM
If he shows up and plays great. If he is traded for a kings ransom that's great as well. He is one of the GOATs without question. Just amazing how lucky we have been as Packers fans. If it wasn't for moronic scrubs like Bostick he'd have at least another SB. But all things pass.

Freak Out
05-26-2021, 11:24 PM

i mean, woof

She ain't woof you fuck. She's not Gisele but oh well.

Fritz
05-27-2021, 08:03 AM

i mean, woof

Goddammit Red, we can always count on you for insight into what is really happening.

If the front office had thought about this when the news first broke that he was dating Shailene Woodley, they could've traded him to Denver or the Raiders toot suite.

Joemailman
05-27-2021, 08:58 AM
For the first time, I'm kind of pessimistic about the chances of Rodgers playing for the Packers. In the past, he has always participated in, and stressed the importance of working with his receivers at OTA's. He's always embraced the leadership role of the starting QB. If he were planning on playing for the Packers, I don't think he'd be posting Instagram pictures of his Hawaiian vacation while his teammates are on the practice field.

Fritz
05-27-2021, 11:01 AM
For the first time, I'm kind of pessimistic about the chances of Rodgers playing for the Packers. In the past, he has always participated in, and stressed the importance of working with his receivers at OTA's. He's always embraced the leadership role of the starting QB. If he were planning on playing for the Packers, I don't think he'd be posting Instagram pictures of his Hawaiian vacation while his teammates are on the practice field.

He does seem hell bent on trying to stick it to the organization.

I wonder what the other players think of Gutekunst. I mean, how much could P. Smith and Z. Smith dislike the guy, after how much he paid them?

But I do think Gutekunst is the sticking point. If he's serious about wanting Rodgers back, he needs to publicly flog himself and promise to include Rodgers in certain personnel discussions. Rodgers is the kind of guy who needs to see a public surrender on Gutekunst's part.

Sparkey
05-27-2021, 11:34 AM
He does seem hell bent on trying to stick it to the organization.

I wonder what the other players think of Gutekunst. I mean, how much could P. Smith and Z. Smith dislike the guy, after how much he paid them?

But I do think Gutekunst is the sticking point. If he's serious about wanting Rodgers back, he needs to publicly flog himself and promise to include Rodgers in certain personnel discussions. Rodgers is the kind of guy who needs to see a public surrender on Gutekunst's part.

Based upon Rodgers petty grudge holding and his holier than thou attitude the following saying is fitting. You can't unscramble an egg.

red
05-27-2021, 03:31 PM
She ain't woof you fuck. She's not Gisele but oh well.

her face is like a 3 or 4

her body is nice, but to quote the great matt damon, she looks like she fell off the top of the ugly tree and it every branch on the way down

Freak Out
05-27-2021, 04:52 PM
lol

call_me_ishmael
05-27-2021, 07:55 PM

I agree with this and my position has changed from 75-25 he’s be back to basically 50/50 or worse. Not only did he skip OTAs, but he went on ESPN prime time and made it known he wasn’t participating for a reason. That had little to do with Kenny Mayne IMHO.

The kicker is I don’t see how Gooter comes back from this. Right, wrong or indifferent WRT draft pick, it’s very clear they didn’t handle the situation well enough.

I really don’t think he will be worth as much as people think. I think he might yield a #1 but almost certainly not two number ones. He yanked his value like Kawhi did.

texaspackerbacker
05-27-2021, 08:44 PM
A lot of people are reading a lot into this mess with very little knowledge. A lawyer in a trial would say, "assuming facts not in evidence". Nothing has changed for better or for worse in the past few days. Rodgers just played with the media fools in the ESPN interview, and without agreement in place, it is not unexpected that he'd fail to show up at the practice drills. The closest thing to significance that has happened is the apparent show of solidarity for Rodgers by the wide receivers. Adams would not have been expected to show up, but Valdez-Scantling, Lazard, St. Brown, even Funchess not to show up says something about what they're hoping for IMO.

CMI, as usual, you undervalue what we have and overvalue what others have. Your "Kawhi" reference, he would be something like Stafford. Rodgers equates to Giannis if anybody in the NBA. - the best of the best and meaning far more to a team than any other single player.

Bretsky
05-27-2021, 09:19 PM
A lot of people are reading a lot into this mess with very little knowledge. A lawyer in a trial would say, "assuming facts not in evidence". Nothing has changed for better or for worse in the past few days. Rodgers just played with the media fools in the ESPN interview, and without agreement in place, it is not unexpected that he'd fail to show up at the practice drills. The closest thing to significance that has happened is the apparent show of solidarity for Rodgers by the wide receivers. Adams would not have been expected to show up, but Valdez-Scantling, Lazard, St. Brown, even Funchess not to show up says something about what they're hoping for IMO.

CMI, as usual, you undervalue what we have and overvalue what others have. Your "Kawhi" reference, he would be something like Stafford. Rodgers equates to Giannis if anybody in the NBA. - the best of the best and meaning far more to a team than any other single player.

Tex, I wish I had your ability to ignore everything going on and come up to a kool aide conclusion :))))

call_me_ishmael
05-27-2021, 10:12 PM
Kawhi is the best player in the NBA this side of LeBron. He was traded for a hamburger basically because he totally tanked his value since he made it clear he wasn’t going back. Rodgers has basically done the same thing: I don’t think anyone is giving up multiple first rounders for him. Recall Favre was worth two third round picks coming off a season he took second in the MVP race.

King Friday
05-27-2021, 10:25 PM
I still have relatively high confidence that Rodgers will be back because I think the Packers will ultimately bend over to give him most of what he wants. They won't do it immediately, but they will get there. They have to craft it in such a way that it doesn't look like complete appeasement. I'm also relatively convinced that Gute isn't interested in trading Rodgers, and I'm fairly certain Rodgers isn't interested in retiring, or he could've done that already.

Rodgers had a lot of good things to say about Green Bay in his interview as well. His argument that he put forth is weak. The coaches and players establish the culture far more than the front office. Trying to claim that Green Bay was jumping at the chance to dump him doesn't make a whole lot of sense. If that is the best he's got in this debate, he's going to lose the war.

texaspackerbacker
05-28-2021, 04:06 AM
Kawhi is the best player in the NBA this side of LeBron. He was traded for a hamburger basically because he totally tanked his value since he made it clear he wasn’t going back. Rodgers has basically done the same thing: I don’t think anyone is giving up multiple first rounders for him. Recall Favre was worth two third round picks coming off a season he took second in the MVP race.

That's pure bullshit. There are half a dozen better in the NBA than Kawhi and Lebron at this point might not even one of them.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if a team or several offered multiple firsts plus for Rodgers, but it still would be stupid for the Packers to make even that ridiculous a trade.

texaspackerbacker
05-28-2021, 04:18 AM
Tex, I wish I had your ability to ignore everything going on and come up to a kool aide conclusion :))))

What "kool aide conclusion"? I pointed out the fact that those receivers even other than Davante also didn't show up, which to me is solidarity with Rodgers. Why has nobody else picked up on that? Do you or anybody have another reason for it?

I also said there is no evidence to support the idea that anything is worse after the interview with that dumbass media guy. Do any of those thinking there is care to state what?

And I already discussed the NBA thing - the stupid assertion that Kawhi comes remotely close to Rodgers or Giannis level greatness. Do you see THAT as "kool aide"? Sheeeesh.

Rodgers is playing around pissing off people because he's pissed off, no more, no less. Give him the long term extension or at least a compromise close to it like what should have been done in the first place, and presto, no more crisis, no more cap problems, nothing but Super Bowl talk. How's that for a VALID "kool aide conclusion"?

Bretsky
05-28-2021, 04:47 AM
[QUOTE=texaspackerbacker;1092624]What "kool aide conclusion"? I pointed out the fact that those receivers even other than Davante also didn't show up, which to me is solidarity with Rodgers. Why has nobody else picked up on that? Do you or anybody have another reason for it?

I also said there is no evidence to support the idea that anything is worse after the interview with that dumbass media guy. Do any of those thinking there is care to state what?

And I already discussed the NBA thing - the stupid assertion that Kawhi comes remotely close to Rodgers or Giannis level greatness. Do you see THAT as "kool aide"? Sheeeesh.

Rodgers is playing around pissing off people because he's pissed off, no more, no less. Give him the long term extension or at least a compromise close to it like what should have been done in the first place, and presto, no more crisis, no more cap problems, nothing but Super Bowl talk. How's that for a VALID "kool aide conclusion"?[/Q

Maybe I misread a bit. I think all of the receivers not showing up is a sign there are issues But nearly every press outlet around GB has been pointing that out as well. There was plenty of fuel w/o the receivers not being here.

And I agree; Gutebag either needs to grovel and breakdown, or trade him for a loot and move on

As for the NBA, I think Kawhi is still pretty elite.....but heck I didn't even read what you posted about the NBA stuff.

My kool aide reference was how I perceived you to not acknowledge how serious the shit is between AROD and GB

Upnorth
05-28-2021, 07:32 AM
One reason is if rodgers does show up and one of the receivers 'broke rank' with team 12, guess who isn't getting the ball?

SudsMcBucky
05-28-2021, 08:42 AM
I'd cut Funchess right now. He opted out all last year and now he thinks he can not come in for OTA's again? Not sure how good he thinks he is, but he needs to hit the open wire.

Joemailman
05-28-2021, 08:45 AM
I'd cut Funchess right now. He opted out all last year and now he thinks he can not come in for OTA's again? Not sure how good he thinks he is, but he needs to hit the open wire.

If Packers were to cut a guy right after he fails to show for a voluntary OTA, I can almost guarantee they'd end up in a dispute with the NFLPA. With that other player issue they're dealing with, that's probably not a battle they want to take on.

SudsMcBucky
05-28-2021, 09:11 AM
If Packers were to cut a guy right after he fails to show for a voluntary OTA, I can almost guarantee they'd end up in a dispute with the NFLPA. With that other player issue they're dealing with, that's probably not a battle they want to take on.

Oh, I agree. That was just the frustration bubbling out of me looking at a player of his limited value and attitude.

texaspackerbacker
05-28-2021, 09:27 AM
[QUOTE=texaspackerbacker;1092624]What "kool aide conclusion"? I pointed out the fact that those receivers even other than Davante also didn't show up, which to me is solidarity with Rodgers. Why has nobody else picked up on that? Do you or anybody have another reason for it?

Rodgers is playing around pissing off people because he's pissed off, no more, no less. Give him the long term extension or at least a compromise close to it like what should have been done in the first place, and presto, no more crisis, no more cap problems, nothing but Super Bowl talk. How's that for a VALID "kool aide conclusion"?[/Q

Maybe I misread a bit. I think all of the receivers not showing up is a sign there are issues But nearly every press outlet around GB has been pointing that out as well. There was plenty of fuel w/o the receivers not being here.

And I agree; Gutebag either needs to grovel and breakdown, or trade him for a loot and move on

As for the NBA, I think Kawhi is still pretty elite.....but heck I didn't even read what you posted about the NBA stuff.

My kool aide reference was how I perceived you to not acknowledge how serious the shit is between AROD and GB

I didn't mean to imply that there aren't problems - I did say Rodgers is obviously pissed off with the GM, etc. and enjoying making him/them sweat. However, supposing that God damned media puke had never stirred up this trouble. What do you think the situation would be? I say this would quietly be getting negotiated out behind the scenes. Either Rodgers would have showed up at the OTAs or else he would have made some lame excuse for not being there like wedding planning or something. Literally nothing he said in that interview was very controversial, and the people further panicking or thinking "the chances got worse" of him staying with the Packers are just going off the deep end without reason or evidence. I believe Tauscher says it's about 80/20 he stays with the Packers. That's about where I have it too, maybe even more. And if they do trade him and move on, hell no to Kool-Aid. The team is in the toilet for who knows how long - I'd say minimum 5 years, maybe a generation or so.

As for the NBA thing, I was responding to CMI's idiotic comment that Rodgers' situation equates to Kawhi. Call Kawhi "elite" if you want to, but as I said somewhere, there's a half dozen or more better NBA players - IMO, and Rodgers is like Giannis - nobody better.

I don't expect Gutekunst to grovel publicly or to resign, but I do expect him to extend Rodgers and give him whatever he demands.

bobblehead
05-28-2021, 09:32 AM
I agree with this and my position has changed from 75-25 he’s be back to basically 50/50 or worse. Not only did he skip OTAs, but he went on ESPN prime time and made it known he wasn’t participating for a reason. That had little to do with Kenny Mayne IMHO.

The kicker is I don’t see how Gooter comes back from this. Right, wrong or indifferent WRT draft pick, it’s very clear they didn’t handle the situation well enough.

I really don’t think he will be worth as much as people think. I think he might yield a #1 but almost certainly not two number ones. He yanked his value like Kawhi did.

I have said all along that the internet deals seemed crazy. three 1sts and Max Crosby?? As I said all along, if that is on the table you jump on it.

As for how Gutes comes back? Easy, he gets a hall and wins 11 games with Love as QB. If he wins an Owl in the next 3 years he is the clear winner.

bobblehead
05-28-2021, 09:35 AM

Show of solidarity, or confirming how incredibly petty Rodgers is by damaging their preparedness in an effort to stay in his good graces? Adams can skip these, but the rest are literally hurting their careers. They all know that if Rodgers returns and they didn't "show solidarity" he would freeze them out at a time their careers hang in the balance.

Joemailman
05-28-2021, 09:40 AM
I have said all along that the internet deals seemed crazy. three 1sts and Max Crosby?? As I said all along, if that is on the table you jump on it.

As for how Gutes comes back? Easy, he gets a hall and wins 11 games with Love as QB. If he wins an Owl in the next 3 years he is the clear winner.

Yep. TT knew in 2008 that he would sink or swim with Rodgers. Same with Gute and Love.

Joemailman
05-28-2021, 10:04 AM
Show of solidarity, or confirming how incredibly petty Rodgers is by damaging their preparedness in an effort to stay in his good graces? Adams can skip these, but the rest are literally hurting their careers. They all know that if Rodgers returns and they didn't "show solidarity" he would freeze them out at a time their careers hang in the balance.

There is a kool-aid explanation. They fully expect Rodgers to be back with the Packers, and figure it's a useless risk of injury and waste of time for them to be at OTA's if Rodgers isn't there.

George Cumby
05-28-2021, 10:52 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA4iX5D9Z64

Tony Oday
05-28-2021, 10:55 AM
For once the Packers have the pieces in place to make a real run and crushing TB but AR develops a Vag.

Sparkey
05-28-2021, 11:43 AM
https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2021/5/28/22455560/if-packers-had-planned-to-move-on-from-aaron-rodgers-it-helps-explain-his-discontent

This article makes perfect sense to me. It also makes me wonder about the offense issues in the 4th quarter of the NFCCG when it seemed they were running a lot of spread formations.

Upnorth
05-28-2021, 12:21 PM
So he plays in the system set up for him and when he does looks like an MVP? Then he gets all the leverage?
I feel like he is less valuable than I think he is.

Fritz
05-28-2021, 01:51 PM

This is Gutekunst's Job One right now:

https://image.shutterstock.com/image-illustration/man-bending-over-260nw-36873109.jpg

call_me_ishmael
05-28-2021, 02:27 PM
Yep. TT knew in 2008 that he would sink or swim with Rodgers. Same with Gute and Love.

I think in 2008 that is true. I'm less sure that was true in 2005 though. Maybe it was. Andrew Brandt likes to say the Packers knew Rodgers was going to be really good right away. So who knows. Looking at precedent, I recall a podcast I listened to where half-way through I wanna say 2017 in Mahomes first year, a media type asked a Chiefs executive what they had in Mahomes and they said future MVP before he even took a snap. So I guess you really can tell right away in the case of the truly elite players.

red
05-28-2021, 03:51 PM
the more this has set in and the more i hear from people like alex smith and stephen a smith, the more i think that gutey needs to go

it sounds like he told rodgers to get the fuck out of his office and shut his mouth and just play the game and that is input on team building wasn't needed. rodgers has been running the offense, he should have a pretty good idea of what kind of players could help him. but gutes wouldn't even listen, even though he was a first or second year GM at that point.

then you have alex smith saying he doesn't blame rodgers for being pissed about them not telling him a QB being drafted was an option. HE was told by the chiefs that they wanted to draft mahomes. we've heard about many other teams doing this. this is what teams do these days, especially when the QB has been the face of your franchise for over a decade. a-rod goes in thinking the team would actually draft him a new weapon, he probably even told gutey he needed a WR, instead, gutey tells him to shut up and GTFO of his office, then drafts his replacement

gutey has a vew really nice draft picks, and he went all in that first year in free agency, but he hasn't been good enough to completely fuck over the most important player on your team

i think no matter if a-rod stays or goes or retires or whatever, you just can't excuse the epic fuckup that gutey and his ego managed to engineer

Joemailman
05-28-2021, 04:20 PM
the more this has set in and the more i hear from people like alex smith and stephen a smith, the more i think that gutey needs to go

it sounds like he told rodgers to get the fuck out of his office and shut his mouth and just play the game and that is input on team building wasn't needed. rodgers has been running the offense, he should have a pretty good idea of what kind of players could help him. but gutes wouldn't even listen, even though he was a first or second year GM at that point.

then you have alex smith saying he doesn't blame rodgers for being pissed about them not telling him a QB being drafted was an option. HE was told by the chiefs that they wanted to draft mahomes. we've heard about many other teams doing this. this is what teams do these days, especially when the QB has been the face of your franchise for over a decade. a-rod goes in thinking the team would actually draft him a new weapon, he probably even told gutey he needed a WR, instead, gutey tells him to shut up and GTFO of his office, then drafts his replacement

gutey has a vew really nice draft picks, and he went all in that first year in free agency, but he hasn't been good enough to completely fuck over the most important player on your team

i think no matter if a-rod stays or goes or retires or whatever, you just can't excuse the epic fuckup that gutey and his ego managed to engineer

I think more time is needed. If Love turns out to be the next great Packer QB, and they are set at the QB for the next 10-15 years, was it a fuckup? Plenty of people thought TT was crazy in 2008.

I'm skeptical of the claim that if Gute had just let Rodgers know ahead of time that he was considering drafting Love that Rodgers woild have been okay with it. Rodgers would have taken it as a slight no matter what the circumstances.

call_me_ishmael
05-28-2021, 04:28 PM
I don't think it has anything to do with ARod not knowing ahead of time, it's the question of whether he's the guy or not. If they said `Listen Aaron, we like you and you will be our starter the next 3-4 years, here's the contract to prove it, we only drafted Love because he was by far the best player left on our board and we'll flip him` then this is a moot point. If they said `Listen Aaron, here's the deal, Love is going to be the guy starting in 2021 or 2022. We will trade you to a team of your choice at that time` this would be a moot point.

Frankly, it wouldn't surprise me if they told him the latter and now are back tracking on it.

They did neither of those things. They're essentially holding his career hostage by not giving him the type of guarantees in contracts that star players generally get, and they're using valuable assets to be half-in instead of all-in. That is the crux of his beef.

RashanGary
05-28-2021, 04:57 PM
It’s a business and the Packers are tasked with preparing for life after Aaron. When you’re a player and give everything to the team it feels like betrayal when you’re not treated with the utmost respect and loyalty.

It’s a business. These are the problems that come with it. I don’t think anyone has ill will or bad intentions.

Let’s hope Love is a star and the drama is worth it.

bobblehead
05-28-2021, 07:25 PM
There is a kool-aid explanation. They fully expect Rodgers to be back with the Packers, and figure it's a useless risk of injury and waste of time for them to be at OTA's if Rodgers isn't there.

Could buy that with Adams. MAYBE even MVS. But sorry, St. Brown, Funchess, Taylor? They need reps. They need to show the coaches improvement. How is St. Brown going to feel if he misses final cuts and this is the reason. Will he speak out?

bobblehead
05-28-2021, 07:33 PM
So he plays in the system set up for him and when he does looks like an MVP? Then he gets all the leverage?
I feel like he is less valuable than I think he is.

He played in the system and he is great. Both can be true. Marriota played in the system and looked average. He is not average. Love will not win the MVP at this juncture, but if he plays in the offense they can win games and make some noise. If he improves and utilizes his skill set he might just win an Owl and/or MVP.

In any event, Erin is butt hurt and I think its time for them to call his bluff if the kings ransom is available. But if the offer is a 1st and a 2nd...then let him sit.

bobblehead
05-28-2021, 07:36 PM
I think in 2008 that is true. I'm less sure that was true in 2005 though. Maybe it was. Andrew Brandt likes to say the Packers knew Rodgers was going to be really good right away. So who knows. Looking at precedent, I recall a podcast I listened to where half-way through I wanna say 2017 in Mahomes first year, a media type asked a Chiefs executive what they had in Mahomes and they said future MVP before he even took a snap. So I guess you really can tell right away in the case of the truly elite players.

No, its just that every GM is going to say that we knew it all along. The packers drafted Love because they like his skill set. If you ask them after he wins an MVP they will say "yep, never a doubt". If you ask them now they will hedge and say "he certainly has all the tools to win one." No way any GM says "yea, we knew he was a dud."

bobblehead
05-28-2021, 07:37 PM

Thats quite a scenario your mind has put together on very little information.

bobblehead
05-28-2021, 07:39 PM
I don't think it has anything to do with ARod not knowing ahead of time, it's the question of whether he's the guy or not. If they said `Listen Aaron, we like you and you will be our starter the next 3-4 years, here's the contract to prove it, we only drafted Love because he was by far the best player left on our board and we'll flip him` then this is a moot point. If they said `Listen Aaron, here's the deal, Love is going to be the guy starting in 2021 or 2022. We will trade you to a team of your choice at that time` this would be a moot point.

Frankly, it wouldn't surprise me if they told him the latter and now are back tracking on it.

They did neither of those things. They're essentially holding his career hostage by not giving him the type of guarantees in contracts that star players generally get, and they're using valuable assets to be half-in instead of all-in. That is the crux of his beef.

I disagree. His beef is he feels dissed. He can't get along with his own family. He went from "like a father" with MM to "piece of shit". He goes through relationships in his life like someone who doesn't understand the give in give and take.

HarveyWallbangers
05-28-2021, 08:14 PM
Could buy that with Adams. MAYBE even MVS. But sorry, St. Brown, Funchess, Taylor? They need reps. They need to show the coaches improvement. How is St. Brown going to feel if he misses final cuts and this is the reason. Will he speak out?

Taylor was at practice. Good thing they kept him over Kumerow. JK would have been missing too. :)

sharpe1027
05-28-2021, 08:56 PM
Rodgers could show up, support his teammates and have the best chance at a Superbowl of his career. He'd have so much goodwill built up he'd be able to ask for whatever he wanted. Or, he could hold a grudge force s trade where he's likely on a worse team and everyone loses, most of all his teammates.

Spaulding
05-28-2021, 10:07 PM
Don't know what to read into this but Miles Teller evidently tweeted a congrats on signing with the Packers on Thursday:

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/miles-teller-cryptic-tweet-aaron-rodgers-packers-rift

If so and they are keeping this off the radar, good for them. As much as I'd be okay with a bounty of picks and/or players it's all speculation and I'd rather have Rodgers and a chance at a Super Bowl than seeing what we have in Love which is another unknown.

call_me_ishmael
05-28-2021, 11:55 PM
It’s a business and the Packers are tasked with preparing for life after Aaron. When you’re a player and give everything to the team it feels like betrayal when you’re not treated with the utmost respect and loyalty.

It’s a business. These are the problems that come with it. I don’t think anyone has ill will or bad intentions.

Let’s hope Love is a star and the drama is worth it.

It’s a business but the business is to win games now too. Unless Love is a very good QB and dramatically outkicks his coverage it was a stupid pick, no two-ways about it.

call_me_ishmael
05-28-2021, 11:57 PM
No, its just that every GM is going to say that we knew it all along. The packers drafted Love because they like his skill set. If you ask them after he wins an MVP they will say "yep, never a doubt". If you ask them now they will hedge and say "he certainly has all the tools to win one." No way any GM says "yea, we knew he was a dud."

Gooter is going to tell us exactly what he thinks about Love within a month or so. We’ll see if he’s right.

call_me_ishmael
05-28-2021, 11:59 PM
I disagree. His beef is he feels dissed. He can't get along with his own family. He went from "like a father" with MM to "piece of shit". He goes through relationships in his life like someone who doesn't understand the give in give and take.

But he’s right in this case. I would be livid too. They certainly made it known they would consider a QB. That right there is the problem for him. Alex Smith was cool with it because he’s Alex Smith and happy to be employed at 34-35. They also let him find a trade to a destination of his choosing.

sharpe1027
05-29-2021, 01:21 AM
It’s a business but the business is to win games now too. Unless Love is a very good QB and dramatically outkicks his coverage it was a stupid pick, no two-ways about it.

Such a narrow view. There's plenty of situations where it pans out. Rodgers could have kept sliding downward as he had the past two years. Some argue Rodgers play last year was a result of him wanting to prove them wrong for drafting Love. If true, it's already a win. Rodgers could get hurt and Love could be good enough to keep them afloat until Rodgers is healthy. Love might show enough to get serious interest from another team and have good trade value.Rodgers might demand a trade because he's got daddy issues, leaving the Packers high and dry.

There's more than two ways about it

sharpe1027
05-29-2021, 01:29 AM
But he’s right in this case. I would be livid too. They certainly made it known they would consider a QB. That right there is the problem for him. Alex Smith was cool with it because he’s Alex Smith and happy to be employed at 34-35. They also let him find a trade to a destination of his choosing.

That's pretty damn petty for a grown man as a professional. I can see being a bit annoyed, but demanding a trade? That's screams of some serious issues, if true.

King Friday
05-29-2021, 08:12 AM
Miles Teller got punched in the face in Hawaii because he is a douche. These are the people Rodgers hangs with. He's a mental midget when it comes to common sense. He might be an intellectual guy, but plenty of geniuses are complete wrecks when it comes to relationships and people.

Considering Rodgers past history with family and women...I would say that seems to be an apt description. The one area he seems comfortable with is teammates, so that could be part of the reason he is so pissed off when the Packers get rid of someone. His "it's the people, man" mantra is more about the fact that Rodgers has trouble building relationships, so when a pal leaves he feels slighted. Reaching the end of his career also probably causes him grief, as he realizes the one area he can build relationships more easily is about to go away. Did he grab onto Shailene because he hopes she can be the one to build relationships for him going forward? She's obviously picked a good one in Teller.

King Friday
05-29-2021, 08:22 AM

To me the Love pick was dumb because the team was on the cusp of a title and you took someone who would offer nothing for 2-3 years. Also, great QBs are coming out of college at a high rate these days. A kid like Fields fell because of the vast numbers of capable QBs. Unlike 20 years ago, nearly every major college program is running an offense that has a lot of similarity to the NFL. It's easier to get a good young QB these days, and they are more prepared to step in and play if you put a capable team around them.

King Friday
05-29-2021, 08:24 AM
Gooter is going to tell us exactly what he thinks about Love within a month or so. We’ll see if he’s right.

Gute won't say anything. Love playing on an NFL field in a real game situation will be what speaks volumes.

RashanGary
05-29-2021, 10:40 AM
Society is messed up. Rodgers not aligning with normal might be a compliment and something to admire.

sharpe1027
05-29-2021, 01:02 PM
Society is messed up. Rodgers not aligning with normal might be a compliment and something to admire.

Might be. Might also be he's emotionally immature and petty. Time may tell.

Zool
05-29-2021, 04:42 PM
It’s getting pretty tough for me to give a shit. I don’t like soap operas. This is like a shitty version of that. Either play football or STFU.

Vincenzo
05-29-2021, 09:37 PM
It’s getting pretty tough for me to give a shit. I don’t like soap operas. This is like a shitty version of that. Either play football or STFU.
I’m with you on that.

sharpe1027
05-29-2021, 10:35 PM

Yep.

pittstang5
05-30-2021, 04:49 AM

Agreed!

Upnorth
05-30-2021, 09:52 AM
Perhaps if there was a better love interest... Cast the smith bros as a good and evil twin. Stokes is actually barry's illegitimate son and dillion is possessed by the ghost of jim brown

sharpe1027
05-30-2021, 10:51 AM
Favre needs a bigger role in the soap opera if this thing is going to have any legs. Maybe pair him up with one of Rodgers ex girlfriends to create added tension, and have him unretire?

Zool
05-30-2021, 11:06 AM
Favre needs a bigger role in the soap opera if this thing is going to have any legs. Maybe pair him up with one of Rodgers ex girlfriends to create added tension, and have him unretire?

About half way through this whole thing Rodgers will be discovered as Favres illegitimate son.

sharpe1027
05-30-2021, 11:26 AM
About half way through this whole thing Rodgers will be discovered as Favres illegitimate son.

Okay, this is a winner. Who is pitching this to the major networks? What are each of our licensing splits for the rights? Even split for you, me and Upnorth?

Zool
05-30-2021, 01:41 PM
Okay, this is a winner. Who is pitching this to the major networks? What are each of our licensing splits for the rights? Even split for you, me and Upnorth?

If you can sell it, Upnorth and I will split 50%, you can have the other 50%.

bobblehead
05-30-2021, 03:11 PM

and in 15 years when the series is dying on the vine will Love prove to be Rodgers illegitimate son? Maybe we can find out that Gutes banged Danica and that led to the breakup and the hatred Rodgers has for him and Love (the player, not the emotion) had nothing to do with it at all.

Upnorth
05-30-2021, 07:58 PM
Since I get canadian dollars is my 50% of 50% only 0.8/$?

A few provinces up here give production tax credits if that helps production.

call_me_ishmael
05-30-2021, 08:03 PM
That's pretty damn petty for a grown man as a professional. I can see being a bit annoyed, but demanding a trade? That's screams of some serious issues, if true.

If you’ve got three years to solidify yourself legacy as one of the all-time greats do you want to play with an org that is tepid about winning now or one that says we will give it everything we’ve got and rebuild after this x year window is up? I know what I’d choose.

sharpe1027
05-30-2021, 09:05 PM
If you’ve got three years to solidify yourself legacy as one of the all-time greats do you want to play with an org that is tepid about winning now or one that says we will give it everything we’ve got and rebuild after this x year window is up? I know what I’d choose.
I'd go with my teammates that got me within minutes of making the Superbowl last year. I'd bust my ass for them and earn my paycheck. If I wanted out, I would work with the team to do so, but if it didn't work I'd be a professional about it. That being said, why does it matter what I'd do?

As far as Rodgers goes, I think he's got a better chance at winning it all with the Packers than any of the realistic trade partners. Couple that with his recent comments about it being about people and that him playing well wasa wrench in plans, I see very little to convince me he's doing this just for his legacy.

Second, if he's doing this just for his legacy, that's pretty self centered. I mean, he's not the first, but it doesn't sit well with me.

I really could care less at this point. I am ready for some closure one way or another.

sharpe1027
05-30-2021, 09:07 PM
Since I get canadian dollars is my 50% of 50% only 0.8/$?

A few provinces up here give production tax credits if that helps production.

You can have the entire Canadian market. Zool and I can split the US share.

Spaulding
05-30-2021, 10:31 PM
I'd go with my teammates that got me within minutes of making the Superbowl last year. I'd bust my ass for them and earn my paycheck. If I wanted out, I would work with the team to do so, but if it didn't work I'd be a professional about it. That being said, why does it matter what I'd do?

As far as Rodgers goes, I think he's got a better chance at winning it all with the Packers than any of the realistic trade partners. Couple that with his recent comments about it being about people and that him playing well wasa wrench in plans, I see very little to convince me he's doing this just for his legacy.

Second, if he's doing this just for his legacy, that's pretty self centered. I mean, he's not the first, but it doesn't sit well with me.

I really could care less at this point. I am ready for some closure one way or another.

So you're saying you could care less :)

sharpe1027
05-30-2021, 10:42 PM
So you're saying you could care less :)

Yes. I don't really care whether he goes or stays. I'm not sure if your poking fun at the fact that I have an opinion on the subject but say I don't care. I can think Rodgers is acting stupid and still be fine with him coming back this year.

Upnorth
05-30-2021, 11:04 PM
I would like to keep Favre one more year but the drama is getting old.

There is massive upside to the 2022 cap by trading him. It is so ugly right now. Stupid covid.

Joemailman
05-31-2021, 07:36 AM
I would like to keep Favre one more year but the drama is getting old.

There is massive upside to the 2022 cap by trading him. It is so ugly right now. Stupid covid.

This time I think Favre is staying retired.:p

George Cumby
05-31-2021, 01:34 PM

Hahahahahahahahaha

sharpe1027
05-31-2021, 01:45 PM
Hahahahahahahahaha

Favre: "Ted Thompson never told you what happened to your father.”

Aaron: “He told me enough. He told me you killed him.”

Favre: “No, I am your father.”

Aaron: “No. No. That’s not true. That’s impossible!”

Favre: “Search your mom's texts for dick picks, you know it to be true.”

Aaron: “No! No!”

George Cumby
05-31-2021, 02:19 PM
ROFLMAO

Zool
05-31-2021, 04:34 PM
Favre: "Ted Thompson never told you what happened to your father.”

Aaron: “He told me enough. He told me you killed him.”

Favre: “No, I am your father.”

Aaron: “No. No. That’s not true. That’s impossible!”

Favre: “Search your mom's texts for dick picks, you know it to be true.”

Aaron: “No! No!”

I guess this season will now be called Return of the Quarterback?

George Cumby
05-31-2021, 07:18 PM
I guess this season will now be called Return of the Quarterback?

Just so long as it isn't "The Last Quarterback".

Upnorth
05-31-2021, 08:39 PM
At least the acid has kicked in.

As the football flies, these are the quarterbacks of our team...

Que music and cut.

RashanGary
05-31-2021, 08:56 PM
At least the acid has kicked in.

As the football flies, these are the quarterbacks of our team...

Que music and cut.

Have you ever tried acid? It’s a really good time. Nothing more fun and blissful than an acid trip.

Upnorth
06-01-2021, 07:20 AM
I have dabbled a little but that was over 20 years ago.

red
06-03-2021, 07:25 PM
has anyone mentioned a-rods nuclear option?

he can show up week one and get "hurt", either real or made up. a guy can dive head first into a pile and say he's got a headache and sensitive to light. he gets his full year of pay, and we get nothing for him

he can also show up to clooect his money and just not give a shit and change the play at the line every single play to the deep ball

QBME
06-03-2021, 08:52 PM
Not the way the game is played, and how ones peers respect them.

Stop the nonsense. Either he will, or won't be back.

To trade is nonsense. He chooses to retire? Wonderful! Start paying back the signing bonuses beginning at $30 million to start with, starting with this season. And a whole bunch more to follow.

Let him retire and sit on his prima donna ass.

Oh, wait...

Week five, six or seven when some young gun RPO QB gets lit up and gets sidelined for six or seven or eight weeks? And the respective team is legitimately in the hunt?

Perfect...how many first, second and thirds do you have over the next few years to make your win now dreams come true?

Hold fast Gute.

red
06-03-2021, 09:43 PM
He chooses to retire? Wonderful! Start paying back the signing bonuses beginning at $30 million to start with, starting with this season. And a whole bunch more to follow.

wrong, just wrong again

Bretsky
06-03-2021, 09:49 PM
anybody see any potential issues if Gutebag plays the game, and Rodgers ends up coming back with a less than positive attitude ?

Joemailman
06-03-2021, 11:00 PM
anybody see any potential issues if Gutebag plays the game, and Rodgers ends up coming back with a less than positive attitude ?

Sure. If Rodgers is going to continue to play for the Packers, they need to get to the point where Rodgers WANTS to play in Green Bay. Otherwise, trade him and move on with the post-Rodgers era.