PDA

View Full Version : Report: Aaron Rodgers wants the Packers to fire G.M. Brian Gutekunst

Sparkey
05-01-2021, 04:09 PM
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/05/01/report-aaron-rodgers-wants-the-packers-to-fire-g-m-brian-gutekunst/amp/

Seems Rodgers is a petulant little kid who stops his feet, holds his breath and pouts to get his way. If the Packers bend over and do what he wants I'll stop being a Packers fan. Asf far as Rodgers. He's lost all my respect. He may be an unbelievably good football player but he is a total pos as a person.

HarveyWallbangers
05-01-2021, 04:19 PM
Is this Florio though? I don’t trust a word he says about the Packers.

Anti-Polar Bear
05-01-2021, 04:29 PM
I wouldn’t mind seeing Rodgers-Watson trade just to piss off Tony O’Day.

Sparkey
05-01-2021, 05:08 PM
I wouldn’t mind seeing Rodgers-Watson trade just to piss off Tony O’Day.

I was just talking the same trade yesterday. Send Rodgers to play behind that god awful offensive line in Houston.

Sparkey
05-01-2021, 05:11 PM
Florio is referencing a report from Charles Robinson.

Sparkey
05-01-2021, 05:14 PM
With all this, I now do believe Rodgers changed plays purposely to get McCarthy fired. I'm getting the vibe that Rodgers believes he is never wrong. People that think like that double down on stupidity.

George Cumby
05-01-2021, 05:42 PM
With all this, I now do believe Rodgers changed plays purposely to get McCarthy fired. I'm getting the vibe that Rodgers believes he is never wrong. People that think like that double down on stupidity.

I believe the phrase is "escalation of commitment".

scharpcheddar
05-01-2021, 05:51 PM
All fake. Just putting his name in a story.

scharpcheddar
05-01-2021, 05:53 PM
Lol whether it were true or not. You're wrong both ways.
Packers succeeded majority of the time.

You're just another sheep that needs to obey like a good doggy

Packers4Glory
05-01-2021, 05:59 PM
Fire him. Remove Murphy.

texaspackerbacker
05-01-2021, 06:04 PM
I understand the media puke, Shefter, conjured up this line of crap? And you people seriously believe it? Sheeeeeeeesh.

With the exception of the debacle of last year's draft, Gutekunst has done a decent job, and it seems completely out of character for Rodgers to test his power like that. On the slim slim slim chance it is true, though, I strongly hope they say good bye to the GM. He's be a helluva lot easier to replace than Aaron Rodgers. My bet is both are with the Packers for years to come.

Rastak
05-01-2021, 06:22 PM
I understand the media puke, Shefter, conjured up this line of crap? And you people seriously believe it? Sheeeeeeeesh.

With the exception of the debacle of last year's draft, Gutekunst has done a decent job, and it seems completely out of character for Rodgers to test his power like that. On the slim slim slim chance it is true, though, I strongly hope they say good bye to the GM. He's be a helluva lot easier to replace than Aaron Rodgers. My bet is both are with the Packers for years to come.

You better get that fucking ostrich head out of the sand. He didn't make shit up.

Guiness
05-01-2021, 06:44 PM
You better get that fucking ostrich head out of the sand. He didn't make shit up.

lol, good burn!

tpb there is no way Shefter made that up out of thin air. He might well have embellished it but if it was an out and out fabrication he'd be getting called out for it on multiple fronts. He isn't.

Guiness
05-01-2021, 06:46 PM
On Gute's side, his “I hope everybody on our team and within our building is excited about adding Amari,” was pretty passive aggressive itself.

George Cumby
05-01-2021, 07:45 PM
#ThanksBrian

Zool
05-01-2021, 08:43 PM
Lol whether it were true or not. You're wrong both ways.
Packers succeeded majority of the time.

You're just another sheep that needs to obey like a good doggy

You know what, you're kind of a fucking prick.

Bretsky
05-01-2021, 08:48 PM
Humorous this is out there; many many feel AROD got MM fired. I have no idea how valid that is.

On ESPN 1070 Friday the big question they has was would AROD choose to get rid of GOOT or The Love Machine and everybody thought the answer would be GOOT

call_me_ishmael
05-01-2021, 08:51 PM
If he is really holding the org hostage like that, then it's time to move on and they screwed up not trading him Thursday. Where does it end? They got him a new coach, and now he gets to pick the GM? No way.

Bretsky
05-01-2021, 09:17 PM
I don't get it; I always thought as a person AROD was not a great guy; kind of a snarkly lil prick.

But he's bordering on the point of no return. If Gutebag could you got Justin Fields, and two firsts you take that. Unless Gute hated Fields, or worst yet, was inadequately prepared because he didn't scout him much due to not thinking he'd be available or they'd be looking QB

MadtownPacker
05-01-2021, 10:13 PM
I warned all you bitches about this in the summer of 2008.

This fooking guy doesnt even talk to his parents who raised him over money so the story goes so why would you think he would be loyal to a bunch of WI redbacks?

texaspackerbacker
05-01-2021, 11:25 PM

There may be some in here who for some weird reason like you, but I say you're a stinking piece of Viking shit. I very much doubt it will happen, but I really wish Madtown would kick your worthless ass out of this forum.

texaspackerbacker
05-01-2021, 11:29 PM
lol, good burn!

tpb there is no way Shefter made that up out of thin air. He might well have embellished it but if it was an out and out fabrication he'd be getting called out for it on multiple fronts. He isn't.

hahahaha you think you know this how? Media trash are about as low as it gets. Some idiot bastards would rather believe their sick shit no matter how far-fetched it is and how rotten for the Packers.

George Cumby
05-02-2021, 12:03 AM
There may be some in here who for some weird reason like you, but I say you're a stinking piece of Viking shit. I very much doubt it will happen, but I really wish Madtown would kick your worthless ass out of this forum.

People like him, because, unlike you, Rastak adds value.

You know, well thought out, intelligent posts, that provide insight and provoke thought, unlike the dog vomit you spew.

And unlike you, he's not whinging to daddy to kick someone off the forum because he disagrees with what they post.

God, you're such a pussy.

Freak Out
05-02-2021, 12:12 AM
LOL

red
05-02-2021, 07:16 AM
Sweet

NEW POLL

Tex vs ras

Who gets kicked from forum

Like George said, only one actually adds anything to the site

Packers4Glory
05-02-2021, 09:07 AM
There was virtually Zero chance they could have traded him Thursday.

There’s 50/50 or better chance he goes june 1st or whatever that date is so the cap hit is only 14M. They’ll also get more then. They’re not & cannot draft another QB in this situation & Fields isn’t going to be very good. The dude the niners got could easily be another Trubisky.

Everything points towards Denver if a trade happens. Word is it’s pretty close to having that framework for a deal worked out if we can’t remedy this situation soon.

bobblehead
05-02-2021, 09:36 AM

I still want someone to publicly say who is responsible for abandoning the run in the NFCC game.

bobblehead
05-02-2021, 09:42 AM
I warned all you bitches about this in the summer of 2008.

This fooking guy doesnt even talk to his parents who raised him over money so the story goes so why would you think he would be loyal to a bunch of WI redbacks?

Get with the program Mad, ARod is a deity and needs to be respected as such. Insert racial slurs and swearwords to prove my point. Just give him ownership of the team and watch us flourish!!

bobblehead
05-02-2021, 09:44 AM
hahahaha you think you know this how? Media trash are about as low as it gets. Some idiot bastards would rather believe their sick shit no matter how far-fetched it is and how rotten for the Packers.

Rodgers has not said one word of denial Tex. I originally said I wasn't taking it seriously cuz...ratings. Now that its been going on for many days and Rodgers is totally silent, there has to be a certain high degree of truth. If he were NOT making any of these demands he would have said so by now.

bobblehead
05-02-2021, 09:46 AM
Sweet

NEW POLL

Tex vs ras

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/df/eb/4c/dfeb4caceb8262e99fd6bdb8b6de94b3.jpg

bobblehead
05-02-2021, 09:48 AM
There was virtually Zero chance they could have traded him Thursday.

There’s 50/50 or better chance he goes june 1st or whatever that date is so the cap hit is only 14M. They’ll also get more then. They’re not & cannot draft another QB in this situation & Fields isn’t going to be very good. The dude the niners got could easily be another Trubisky.

Everything points towards Denver if a trade happens. Word is it’s pretty close to having that framework for a deal worked out if we can’t remedy this situation soon.

I would trade him to the Raiders 1) so I can boo him 2) so he can see what a dysfunctional organization looks like.

I would also insist on Leatherwood in the deal, and maybe another OL while I'm at it. I want him to play behind a poor line.

Fritz
05-02-2021, 09:53 AM
I don't know the Raiders' roster, but if they have a young up-and-coming defensive tackle, or an inside linebacker, I'd take that guy plus Carr (to shepherd the Packers through this season while Love learns his craft), plus a second rounder next year, then two first rounders in the following two years. maybe another second in there if you can manage it.

bobblehead
05-02-2021, 09:56 AM
I don't know the Raiders' roster, but if they have a young up-and-coming defensive tackle, or an inside linebacker, I'd take that guy plus Carr (to shepherd the Packers through this season while Love learns his craft), plus a second rounder next year, then two first rounders in the following two years. maybe another second in there if you can manage it.

Don't want Carr or his contract. Love had a season (shitty offseason admittedly) and will have this offseason. He needs to see the field. Suffer through it if you trade Rodgers or sign Bortles who knows the offense as he was with Rams in 2019 and part of 2020. Never should have let Boyle go.

Fritz
05-02-2021, 09:58 AM
Well, I don't know Carr's contract so you're probably right on that. I thought he was just a journeyman.

You are correct about Boyle. If this stuff with Arod was percolating for a while, as it seems, then the team should've kept Boyle as a precaution.

red
05-02-2021, 10:34 AM
Well, I don't know Carr's contract so you're probably right on that. I thought he was just a journeyman.

You are correct about Boyle. If this stuff with Arod was percolating for a while, as it seems, then the team should've kept Boyle as a precaution.

Base salary of 19.5 million

If we trade arod before June 1st then there is no "adding another QB". We just don't have the cap space.

Any players we take in a trade would also have to be on very cheap deals for us to be able to take them

Sparkey
05-02-2021, 10:57 AM
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/df/eb/4c/dfeb4caceb8262e99fd6bdb8b6de94b3.jpg

https://i.gifer.com/kIw.gif

Fritz
05-02-2021, 10:59 AM
Base salary of 19.5 million

If we trade arod before June 1st then there is no "adding another QB". We just don't have the cap space.

Any players we take in a trade would also have to be on very cheap deals for us to be able to take them

Well, you could either say I was just spitballing or talking out of my ass. Or spitballing out of my ass.

texaspackerbacker
05-02-2021, 11:31 AM
Rodgers has not said one word of denial Tex. I originally said I wasn't taking it seriously cuz...ratings. Now that its been going on for many days and Rodgers is totally silent, there has to be a certain high degree of truth. If he were NOT making any of these demands he would have said so by now.

I guess you didn't see the video somebody posted in that other thread, but yeah, he didn't actually say anything on that either, just supposedly "off the record". It's astonishing that people are willing to swallow shit that media says he said that is stupid, negative, and harmful, but they seem to disbelieve what the media - specifically Tirico - says he said that is normal, decent, and positive.

And what exactly would you expect him to say? Obviously, negotiations are ongoing, so he's not gonna rock the boat on that. And why should he talk to the media assholes who are doing their damnedest to make his life miserable, not to mention fucking with the Packer organization and trying to stress out all of us fans?

I fully expect all of this shit to be completely resolved sooner rather than later, and the Packers to have Rodgers for this coming season and years to come. WHY would so many panicky fools in here think otherwise?

sharpe1027
05-02-2021, 11:37 AM
Tex, maybe you're right, but you don't know what's really going on any more than the rest of of us. There's plenty of smoke and it's not as idiotic for someone to be concerned as you are inferring. Don't overplay your opinion.

texaspackerbacker
05-02-2021, 11:58 AM
That's my point. Nobody know much about this - so why believe the media shitheads over our own star player and team leadership?

I'm concerned too. As I said at least twice, I could be wrong about it, in which case, the team we all love is down the drain for a long time to come. But logic and history about how things like this turn out says, everything will be fine.

run pMc
05-02-2021, 12:10 PM
There's far too much smoke to not be some fire there. I don't believe this is all cooked up by the media. If it were Rodgers -- or his agent -- would have shut it down by now.
That the silos have admitted each made separate trips (maybe they should make one together and hash it all out?) and offered some kind of contract adjustment tells me there's been a lot going on behind the scenes.

sharpe1027
05-02-2021, 02:10 PM
That's my point. Nobody know much about this - so why believe the media shitheads over our own star player and team leadership?

I'm concerned too. As I said at least twice, I could be wrong about it, in which case, the team we all love is down the drain for a long time to come. But logic and history about how things like this turn out says, everything will be fine.
History, you mean like the last time similar things started leaking about the prior HoF QB, and some people said it was a whole lot of nothing?

Rastak
05-02-2021, 03:04 PM
People like him, because, unlike you, Rastak adds value.

You know, well thought out, intelligent posts, that provide insight and provoke thought, unlike the dog vomit you spew.

And unlike you, he's not whinging to daddy to kick someone off the forum because he disagrees with what they post.

God, you're such a pussy.

Thank you George, that was very kind.

Tex, you go off on the media like you wish things were not true. Yea, sometimes they make things up. This isn't one of them. The Packers admitted they flew to Cali more than once to smooth it over and it didn't work.

To be honest, I would not be shocked if he reported and played this year and said fuck you guys after the season. Rodgers is a real different sort of guy which I picked up on immediately. He's one hell of a QB too.

Rastak
05-02-2021, 03:07 PM
Sweet

NEW POLL

Tex vs ras

We go back to JSO forums so that would be a heavyweight fight.

Zool
05-02-2021, 10:08 PM
We go back to JSO forums so that would be a heavyweight fight.

No....no it wouldn't.

MadtownPacker
05-03-2021, 10:34 PM
There may be some in here who for some weird reason like you, but I say you're a stinking piece of Viking shit. I very much doubt it will happen, but I really wish Madtown would kick your worthless ass out of this forum.Im just going to make this clear as possible. Rastak has had and will always have a seat at the PackerRats table. He has by far caused less, maybe even none, trouble here than you. He was the draft day guy for many years and is a part of the family. I am sure many others agree.

Tell me how would it feel Tex if Zool got to give in to his desire to zap you forever? Weak and cowardly would be what it was. You are really asking me to stoop to such a low level just to make your over-privileged ass feel better?

What has he done to deserve banishment other than be a Viking fan and disagree with you? Give me a good reason why and I will do it right now. Fail to and you better have a good reason why I don’t ban you for being a pompous fuck about it all.

texaspackerbacker
05-04-2021, 12:41 AM
I said I really didn't think it would happen, and objectively speaking, it probably shouldn't. I just said I wish ...... I guess I can just ignore the bastard.

Fritz
05-04-2021, 05:21 AM
Thank you George, that was very kind.

Tex, you go off on the media like you wish things were not true. Yea, sometimes they make things up. This isn't one of them. The Packers admitted they flew to Cali more than once to smooth it over and it didn't work.

To be honest, I would not be shocked if he reported and played this year and said fuck you guys after the season. Rodgers is a real different sort of guy which I picked up on immediately. He's one hell of a QB too.

In that sense it would remind me of Mike Holmgren's last season in Green Bay. While they were chasing a SB berth, rumors were flying every day. It was really distracting and it took away from the enjoyment of watching them try for two in a row.

Packers4Glory
05-04-2021, 06:39 AM
2 former packers say this isn’t true Lindsley & AJ Hawk.

King Friday
05-04-2021, 06:55 AM

The only one who matters is Rodgers. If it was not true, he could've said so on Saturday.

red
05-04-2021, 07:27 AM

hawk was with him at the derby

Packers4Glory
05-04-2021, 07:47 AM
The only one who matters is Rodgers. If it was not true, he could've said so on Saturday.

well maybe, he doesn't want to be doing this in public. it was a private matter they were working through and then the team leaked it.

Upnorth
05-04-2021, 07:54 AM
True not true doesn't matter.

He will not be traded before June 1st.

Until then I don't care lets focus on making the team better. Perhaps look at what fa we can realistically get for 15ish million that won't destroy next year. I do think 2022 fa period has a higher potential to be a buyers market than this year as so much was pushed into the future plus they borrowed from future caps and the tv contract hits in 2023.

Upnorth
05-04-2021, 07:57 AM
well maybe, he doesn't want to be doing this in public. it was a private matter they were working through and then the team leaked it.

The team leaked it on draft day?? Really? When Rodgers has more leverage for a trade than ever before? Logically that doesn't make sense.
A team leak would have come may 31st when then gain a ton of cap space trading him the next day and can generate a bidders war perhaps.

Spaulding
05-04-2021, 09:10 AM
hawk was with him at the derby

I thought I saw Bak in the box with AR as well. No smiles though :)

Zool
05-04-2021, 09:25 AM
Yawn

Joemailman
05-04-2021, 09:26 AM
I thought I saw Bak in the box with AR as well. No smiles though :)

https://staticg.sportskeeda.com/editor/2021/05/faf17-16199254726638-800.jpg

King Friday
05-04-2021, 09:42 AM

So you claimed this was all a fabrication because Hawk and Lindsley said so...but now you are claiming it might be true, and Rodgers just wants to keep it private. You change your tune every minute.

Bottom line...if Rodgers wants out, he is going to have to be very public about it. The Packers front office seems rather adamant that they expect him to be the QB this year. He's not going to force his way out by being quiet and in the background. That is why I know most of the initial leaks most likely came from his side. Sure, both sides play the game...and the Packers have already started the damage control on their side. The whole Kumerow thing could very well be coming from the Packers side, as I think that puts Rodgers in a less favorable light. From here out, it will get harder and harder to tell truth from BS if there is no resolution.

Spaulding
05-04-2021, 09:43 AM
Going left to right, I'm clear on AR/Bak/Hawk but whose to the right of Hawk? Also is that Cobb 2nd from the right? Whose to the far right?

Packers4Glory
05-04-2021, 10:11 AM
So you claimed this was all a fabrication because Hawk and Lindsley said so...but now you are claiming it might be true, and Rodgers just wants to keep it private. You change your tune every minute.

Bottom line...if Rodgers wants out, he is going to have to be very public about it. The Packers front office seems rather adamant that they expect him to be the QB this year. He's not going to force his way out by being quiet and in the background. That is why I know most of the initial leaks most likely came from his side. Sure, both sides play the game...and the Packers have already started the damage control on their side. The whole Kumerow thing could very well be coming from the Packers side, as I think that puts Rodgers in a less favorable light. From here out, it will get harder and harder to tell truth from BS if there is no resolution.

I've never said absolutely that Aaron didn't leak it. I said the team is the most likely based on what I've heard. I also believe Hawk and others that are and were close to Aaron have a better feel for what's real and what isn't than you or me. duh. So of course I'm going to lean heavily on those opinions. If they were saying something else opposite of what I was thinking I'd be listening to that and probably would change my opinion. This isn't that hard.

Teams and leagues have been excellent in the NFL and MLB at getting things out and trying to get fans on their side instead of the players side in the PR battle. They're setting the narrative. these little leaks like wanting Gute fired getting out there, start to turn people against Aaron when the initial perception is "WTF are the packers doing?" People like you eat the franchise's ass like it's your job without allowing for any other possibility.

Packers4Glory
05-04-2021, 10:14 AM
Going left to right, I'm clear on AR/Bak/Hawk but whose to the right of Hawk? Also is that Cobb 2nd from the right? Whose to the far right?

yes that's Cobb. one of the guys is Miles Teller or someone.

sharpe1027
05-04-2021, 10:37 AM
I've never said absolutely that Aaron didn't leak it. I said the team is the most likely based on what I've heard. I also believe Hawk and others that are and were close to Aaron have a better feel for what's real and what isn't than you or me. duh. So of course I'm going to lean heavily on those opinions. If they were saying something else opposite of what I was thinking I'd be listening to that and probably would change my opinion. This isn't that hard.

Teams and leagues have been excellent in the NFL and MLB at getting things out and trying to get fans on their side instead of the players side in the PR battle. They're setting the narrative. these little leaks like wanting Gute fired getting out there, start to turn people against Aaron when the initial perception is "WTF are the packers doing?" People like you eat the franchise's ass like it's your job without allowing for any other possibility.

Get out of your (mom's?) basement and calm the fuck down. He didn't claim to know for sure where the leaks came from any more than you. He's not eating the franchises ass in what he wrote. It was a measured statement that isn't very controversial. Go have a couple stuff drinks, get laid, and calm down. The personal attacks highlight just how poorly you're doing.

Packers4Glory
05-04-2021, 01:00 PM
Get out of your (mom's?) basement and calm the fuck down. He didn't claim to know for sure where the leaks came from any more than you. He's not eating the franchises ass in what he wrote. It was a measured statement that isn't very controversial. Go have a couple stuff drinks, get laid, and calm down. The personal attacks highlight just how poorly you're doing.
Nah.

Anti-Polar Bear
05-04-2021, 01:10 PM
Jordan wanted Kruse fired. All they did was win 6 rings together.

Not saying that the Great Arm of Butte and the German Shepherd will win 6 rings together. But if they learn to coexist, maybe they’ll win 1. That being said, management tends to be the pig’s bootlickers. Therefore, I am 100% Pro-Rodgers.

texaspackerbacker
05-04-2021, 01:14 PM
Have I EVER said Plus 1 to you before?

Upnorth
05-04-2021, 01:32 PM
Have I EVER said Plus 1 to you before?

Lol cats sleeping with dogs

RashanGary
05-04-2021, 03:23 PM
Jordan wanted Kruse fired. All they did was win 6 rings together.

Not saying that the Great Arm of Butte and the German Shepherd will win 6 rings together. But if they learn to coexist, maybe they’ll win 1. That being said, management tends to be the pig’s bootlickers. Therefore, I am 100% Pro-Rodgers.

I kind of agree, but im pro Sitton, Lang, Nelson and Aaron Jones too. I don't like the business at all. Its cold. They act like team and family and they aren't. Then they complain when players stop acting like they're all in it together when management never was. I'm pro-player. If I could do it over again id be pro favre. And I'm pro Rodgers now. In your terms, I hate the capitalist establishment. I think its a little deeper than that, but its all broken and sad.

Packers4Glory
05-04-2021, 03:32 PM
Capitalist establishment. Ok. lol

George Cumby
05-04-2021, 03:39 PM
I think its a little deeper than that, but its all broken and sad.

It's like 2008, a soap opera, an historical disaster, a Shakespearean play, a Greek Tragedy.

Human frailty; arrogance, pathos, lack of humility, stupidity, incompetence.

Drumbeats of the human story.

RashanGary
05-04-2021, 04:12 PM
It's like 2008, a soap opera, an historical disaster, a Shakespearean play, a Greek Tragedy.

Human frailty; arrogance, pathos, lack of humility, stupidity, incompetence.

Drumbeats of the human story.

These systems have no human soul in them. It's everyone out for themselves. I know I sound stupid to people raised in this because it's so normal to people, but it's not good. It's not a good system and the NFL is cold like the rest of the established culture we live in.

George Cumby
05-04-2021, 05:24 PM
These systems have no human soul in them. It's everyone out for themselves. I know I sound stupid to people raised in this because it's so normal to people, but it's not good. It's not a good system and the NFL is cold like the rest of the established culture we live in.

I think we are talking about different things at different levels.

I'm talking about how human weakness is the driving factor in this story, not just on Rodgers' part, but Gutes as well.

You're looking at it through the lens of system failure. I don't disagree with your point there, BTW.

sharpe1027
05-04-2021, 07:05 PM
Rodgers has every right to force the issue if he wants out, he just needs to be prepared to face the consequences. I won't feel sorry for him if he gets traded to a shit team, or is out of football. He's a grown man that can understand the consequences of his actions. I also see that the Packers organization is a lot of different individuals, including employees and players. They need to make good decisions for the long term health of the franchise.

I don't get the extreme views on either side.

RashanGary
05-04-2021, 11:22 PM
I think we are talking about different things at different levels.

I'm talking about how human weakness is the driving factor in this story, not just on Rodgers' part, but Gutes as well.

You're looking at it through the lens of system failure. I don't disagree with your point there, BTW.

Oh cool, I thought you were being sarcastic

RashanGary
05-04-2021, 11:24 PM
Rodgers has every right to force the issue if he wants out, he just needs to be prepared to face the consequences. I won't feel sorry for him if he gets traded to a shit team, or is out of football. He's a grown man that can understand the consequences of his actions. I also see that the Packers organization is a lot of different individuals, including employees and players. They need to make good decisions for the long term health of the franchise.

I don't get the extreme views on either side.

Honestly, I'm at a point is rather just see the pack stay loyal, like a team or family and lose. I know it's not gonna happen, but the coldness of the NFL isn't enjoyable to me.

sharpe1027
05-05-2021, 12:54 AM
Honestly, I'm at a point is rather just see the pack stay loyal, like a team or family and lose. I know it's not gonna happen, but the coldness of the NFL isn't enjoyable to me.

Loyal to whom? To Rodgers? How have they been disloyal? If Rodgers wants out and the Organization wants him to stay, who's being disloyal?

Packers4Glory
05-05-2021, 08:53 AM
Loyal to whom? To Rodgers? How have they been disloyal? If Rodgers wants out and the Organization wants him to stay, who's being disloyal?

they want him to stay? maybe now that he put up a ridiculous season and drug the team to the NFC championship...again. The draft of Love says they were planning on moving on in 2022. what's hard to understand here? you're making up shit. They've done everything imaginable to undercut Aaron's influence. The only thing the team has left to stand on is putting out a bogus report about him wanting the GM fired as a condition of him coming back lol.

call_me_ishmael
05-05-2021, 09:23 AM
Anyone have an Athletic subscription and can you paste the text of the McGinn article? Thanks.

Fritz
05-05-2021, 09:40 AM
they want him to stay? maybe now that he put up a ridiculous season and drug the team to the NFC championship...again. The draft of Love says they were planning on moving on in 2022. what's hard to understand here? you're making up shit. They've done everything imaginable to undercut Aaron's influence. The only thing the team has left to stand on is putting out a bogus report about him wanting the GM fired as a condition of him coming back lol.

No, drafting Love does NOT say "they were planning on moving on in 2022."

Moving on from Rodgers would depend upon a number of factors: Rodgers's health and how well he played in 2020 and 2021 being big factors. Another factor in the decision was the team finding out what they actually have in Jordan Love.

They wanted to be ready before Aaron Rodgers suffered a precipitious decline in his play (such a decline is not unthinkable if you look at Rodgers' last three seasons prior to the 2020 draft). They wanted to be ready in case Rodgers suffered a debilitating injury. They saw a guy sitting there in round one in 2020 who they must've liked, knowing that getting a high-potential QB that far down in the first round comes once in a blue moon. They probably figured they'd better grab the guy while they can, so they did. And how can they be faulted for that? Now, I think Gutes really screwed up by not showing Rodgers the respect of giving him a heads-up and some assurances, but that's another topic.

If Rodgers continued to play well and had good health, they could show off Love in preseason for two or three seasons and probably salvage a second round pick, if he really was promising as a solid NFL QB. Not a big loss for having a solid backup QB for a couple seasons (I did not count him last year as a solid backup). If Love looked like the next Johnny Unitas after his second or third season, then yes, they could move on.

But it's far too sweeping to claim that the Packers drafted Love and just thought they'd move on in 2022. They knew and know there are lots of variables, and I'm sure they considered the possibility that one of the best scenarios might involve Rodgers defying Father Time and playing great and staying healthy, and that would mean (unless Love looked like the next Aaron Rodgers, which is unlikely) getting rid of Love after three or four seasons.

call_me_ishmael
05-05-2021, 09:46 AM
They didn't draft love to sit him on the bench forever or to trade him. They drafted him to play in 2022. No doubt about it IMO. If Love was gone last year, I think they would have just drafted someone else. I _really_ don't think there is anything special or unique about Jordan Love vs the prospects every other year.

Fritz
05-05-2021, 09:57 AM
There is doubt about it. They drafted Love because they had a 36 year old QB who hadn't played great for a few years, and they didn't know if that would continue or not. They drafted Love because they didn't want to be caught with their pants down if Rodgers got hurt seriously. We'll see if you're right about how good Love is.

But the team surely considered the possibility that Rodgers would play great again and they'd have a backup QB for the next four years. That's not such a bad outcome. At that point they trade him. They surely also considered the possibility that Love would suck and they'd cut him in three years.

They surely considered the possibility that in a good case scenario they were drafting Love to have a cheap backup on the bench for three or four years, and that they could then, depending on Love's performance, either recoup some draft capital or just cut him.

call_me_ishmael
05-05-2021, 10:00 AM
https://twitter.com/WillBrinson/status/1389952817478184969/photo/1

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E0oatzFXsAEj1EG?format=jpg&name=large

Anyone have the rest?

Joemailman
05-05-2021, 10:05 AM
Anyone have an Athletic subscription and can you paste the text of the McGinn article? Thanks.

McGinn is Garbage!!!! If I had the text of the whole McGinn article, I'd throw it right in the GARBAGE CAN!!!!. Know what I mean?

Anti-Polar Bear
05-05-2021, 10:18 AM

Yo Partial, your new gig is paying you a 6 figures salary, yet you won’t shell out $12 for a year long subscription to the Athletic?

I know Tony O’Day is a subscriber. He digs the Athletic’s NHL coverages. Ain’t nothing like a sport without the Blacks. You dig? Good luck, though, getting a free hand out from that pompous fishmonger, O’Day.

Fritz
05-05-2021, 10:21 AM
https://twitter.com/WillBrinson/status/1389952817478184969/photo/1

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E0oatzFXsAEj1EG?format=jpg&name=large

Anyone have the rest?

Ouch.

But is it somehow lost on Rodgers that Krause and Michael Jordan won six championships in Chicago? What, if Jordan had gotten Krause fired they'd have won seven?

So keeping Jake Kumerow would've gotten the Packers that elusive Super Bowl?

And man, if it's not about money any more at all - if it's true they've offered him an extension that would make him the highest-paid QB in football AND is for five years - then we all have to say, once again, that Madtown was right, and that Rodgers won't ever, ever let his grudges go. If Rodgers was a mom and his baby was a grudge, he'd nurse that thing into adulthood and middle age.

bobblehead
05-05-2021, 10:24 AM
Lol cats sleeping with dogs

https://th.bing.com/th/id/Ref33bc1416a677f4c1917673d978e440?rik=jxe4%2f5PbHZ socg&riu=http%3a%2f%2fimages.boredomfiles.com%2fwp-content%2fuploads%2f2015%2f03%2f24-cats-sleeping-on-dogs.jpg&ehk=6rrE8Vn8bGWZct9nFCV6JnNay%2bgfgJRhmOF%2bfGTVGQ s%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw

I have to admit I'm dying to know. Which one is Tex and which one is APB?

bobblehead
05-05-2021, 10:32 AM

You are making a classic mistake that many people I know make in the workplace. They think EVERYTHING is about and motivated by them. Drafting Love probably had very little to do with Rodgers other than a contingency plan. It had to do with being prepared. It had to do with a QB they had ranked as a top 6 or 7 pick who slid down the board.

Now what IS about Rodgers is this. They have him under contract for 4 years when they made that pick. They have never waivered from "he is our QB". He should do what Baktiari, Jones, Adams, and everyone on the team does every year. They come in and win a starting job. Then he should win another MVP and an Owl. Then if he still wants to leave he should say "there, you're welcome, can you please trade me now". Likely they would say "no, please stay, we want to win back to back". They can repeat this until he isn't under contract that HE SIGNED or until the team decides to move on.

bobblehead
05-05-2021, 10:37 AM
They didn't draft love to sit him on the bench forever or to trade him. They drafted him to play in 2022. No doubt about it IMO. If Love was gone last year, I think they would have just drafted someone else. I _really_ don't think there is anything special or unique about Jordan Love vs the prospects every other year.

Do you think that would still be the plan if Rodgers played MVP ball again? So, in reality it was a contingency in case a 37 year old QB started to look 37. Every plan is in effect just that...a plan based on what you know and subject to change. Rodgers balled out. Plans change. Sucks to be Jordan. Good to be Aaron. Instead of whining about it Rodgers should take all that phat cash, win another MVP, another Owl and bang his hot wife. Smile slyly about how he was right all along and not washed up. Repeat that until he is a FA or is washed up. That is how I would play it.

bobblehead
05-05-2021, 10:38 AM
McGinn is Garbage!!!! If I had the text of the whole McGinn article, I'd throw it right in the GARBAGE CAN!!!!. Know what I mean?

I hear ya loud and clear!!

bobblehead
05-05-2021, 10:47 AM
Yo Partial, your new gig is paying you a 6 figures salary, yet you won’t shell out $12 for a year long subscription to the Athletic?

I know Tony O’Day is a subscriber. He digs the Athletic’s NHL coverages. Ain’t nothing like a sport without the Blacks. You dig? Good luck, though, getting a free hand out from that pompous fishmonger, O’Day.

A LIE. I have personally met Evander Kane.

Fritz
05-05-2021, 10:54 AM
You are making a classic mistake that many people I know make in the workplace. They think EVERYTHING is about and motivated by them. Drafting Love probably had very little to do with Rodgers other than a contingency plan. It had to do with being prepared. It had to do with a QB they had ranked as a top 6 or 7 pick who slid down the board.

Now what IS about Rodgers is this. They have him under contract for 4 years when they made that pick. They have never waivered from "he is our QB". He should do what Baktiari, Jones, Adams, and everyone on the team does every year. They come in and win a starting job. Then he should win another MVP and an Owl. Then if he still wants to leave he should say "there, you're welcome, can you please trade me now". Likely they would say "no, please stay, we want to win back to back". They can repeat this until he isn't under contract that HE SIGNED or until the team decides to move on.

The truth is, though, that the NFL has made certain players into "more" than just players. Those players tend to be QB's, but can be a player of another position who has ascended to superstar status. There's this expectation that these players have a "responsibility" to be "leaders" by telling the organization what needs to be done to win.

This was the complaint in Detroit about both Barry Sanders and later, Matthew Stafford - that somehow being great players wasn't enough. They were criticized because they didn't take the organization to task and "demand" more.

Personally, I think that's bullshit. It's not Matt Stafford's job, as part of being the quarterback and leader, to get pissy with management and make "demands." If it is his job, it should be done behind the scenes, not publicly. How does it help for a player to get out in front of the tv cameras and say "Hey, the organization needs to do more to win"?

But that's what a lot of fans want - someone to not only be great player, but to be the mouthpiece for their frustrations. And the league has played into that - it helps revenues to have superstars. Everyone's a "brand."

And that's the nature of our society today. Most young fans today are bigger fans of players than they are of teams. My grandson likes the Seahawks for the simple fact that they have Russell Wilson. He's not a Seahawks fan; he's a Russell Wilson fan.

So while I agree with you, Bobble, I don't think it's realistic any more to ask Rodgers to act like he's just another teammate, even a talented one like Bakh or Aaron Jones. He's been told he's the most important player on the team, by many people (including the organization) for many years now, so there's just no way at this point he's going to act like any of his teammates. Stafford might be the exception here - one of the reasons I liked him. Though of course he's not nearly as good as Aaron Rodgers, that's not one of the reasons he's not - his unwillingness to "demand" the organization make certain moves to win.

Packers4Glory
05-05-2021, 12:41 PM
another pro organization article. This my friends is PR from the team

The Packers are well aware of Rodgers’ hard feelings toward Gutekunst but, at this point, are taking the high road insisting their sole focus is having Rodgers as their quarterback in 2021 and beyond.

In recent months, according to sources, the Packers have offered to make the 37-year-old Rodgers the NFL’s highest-paid quarterback. Those overtures were turned aside. The fractured relationship between quarterback and team seems to have little or nothing to do with money.

Publicly, the Packers have played nicey-nicey and been adamant that Rodgers won’t be traded.

They also know how abstruse Rodgers can be.

“Once he gets something in his head, he usually doesn’t back down,” a longtime friend of Rodgers said Monday.

Speaking purely from conjecture, the friend said he thought there would be just a 2 percent chance that Rodgers ever would play for the Packers again.

Anti-Polar Bear
05-05-2021, 12:45 PM
A LIE. I have personally met Evander Kane.

Evander Kane? Didn’t he beat the crap out of Roman Reign at Wrestlemania 30? I don’t think anyone is questioning the lack of diversity in the WWF.

Upnorth
05-05-2021, 01:13 PM

Replace rodgers with Favre and oline with 2007 oline and this looks like. Copy paste from may 2008

texaspackerbacker
05-05-2021, 02:24 PM
No, drafting Love does NOT say "they were planning on moving on in 2022."

Actually, it does say that, or at very least, wanting an option to do so. Not extending him when he said he wanted to finish his career in Green Bay as well as play into his 40s also says that.

I have come around to the point of view that Rodgers definitely is pissed off - with good reason, but it all can still be resolved. As he said at the Kentucky Derby, it pisses him off that this got leaked i.e. that the media assholes have stirred things up way out of proportion. Maybe I'm being paranoid, but I tend to believe those worthless media pieces of shit did that intentionally to harm the Packers and Rodgers.

Joe, what you said about McGinn, I wholeheartedly agree, and frankly, I'm surprised to read it coming from you. I've always felt that way - he stands out as even more worthy of hate that the rest of media pukes.

CMI, you said you're sure they drafted Love to play in 2022. I mildly disagree with that, but if it's true, that Gutekunst really should resign or be fired regardless of any other good he may have done. The expression "fucking up a wet dream" really comes to mind here with the way Gutekunst has handled things. He still could, and I remain optimist he will, salvage the situation and keep Rodgers long term. If he doesn't, he really does deserve what Dan Devine's dog got. It's a helluva lot easier to replace a mediocre or even a good GM than it is to replace the GOAT QB.

sharpe1027
05-05-2021, 02:47 PM

Go pound sand.

call_me_ishmael
05-05-2021, 02:49 PM
Do you think that would still be the plan if Rodgers played MVP ball again? So, in reality it was a contingency in case a 37 year old QB started to look 37. Every plan is in effect just that...a plan based on what you know and subject to change. Rodgers balled out. Plans change. Sucks to be Jordan. Good to be Aaron. Instead of whining about it Rodgers should take all that phat cash, win another MVP, another Owl and bang his hot wife. Smile slyly about how he was right all along and not washed up. Repeat that until he is a FA or is washed up. That is how I would play it.

I'm not sure. I can see where they wouldn't want to move on, and also see where they would. I think even right now they're playing the PR game and have no plans on Aaron playing for them again. But I think after the season before this disagreement happened or whatever they absolutely planned on him being back and re-doing his deal.

call_me_ishmael
05-05-2021, 02:59 PM
How do I get access to the garbage can? :bang:

Joemailman
05-05-2021, 03:05 PM

You don't have that? I think you have to contact Mad.

Packers4Glory
05-05-2021, 03:30 PM
Go pound sand.

I’ll accept Your concession.

sharpe1027
05-05-2021, 04:19 PM
I’ll accept Your concession.

I concede you beat a dead horse and accuse others of making shit up, and in doing so show an astounding lack of self awareness. I concede you think your smarter than the rest of us.

sharpe1027
05-05-2021, 04:20 PM

Sacrifice a live chicken or was that how to hit a curve ball? I always get those two confused.

Zool
05-05-2021, 04:22 PM
Sacrifice a live chicken in or was that how to hit a curve ball? I always get those two confused.

Up yer but Jobu

bobblehead
05-12-2021, 06:13 PM
Don't want Carr or his contract. Love had a season (shitty offseason admittedly) and will have this offseason. He needs to see the field. Suffer through it if you trade Rodgers or sign Bortles who knows the offense as he was with Rams in 2019 and part of 2020. Never should have let Boyle go.

We are on our way!!

RashanGary
05-12-2021, 10:09 PM
We are on our way!!

Or Rodgers is pissed and isn’t coming to the offseason so a vet who knows the system can keep the offense growing while Rodgers leverages his extension.

When push comes to shove (and it will), i fully expect the packers would take their signing bonus back and let Rodgers retire, of which is a really expensive move for 12 and he’ll show up when the games count.

Two sides, both with leverage. Compromise.

Fritz
05-13-2021, 08:58 AM
Or Rodgers is pissed and isn’t coming to the offseason so a vet who knows the system can keep the offense growing while Rodgers leverages his extension.

When push comes to shove (and it will), i fully expect the packers would take their signing bonus back and let Rodgers retire, of which is a really expensive move for 12 and he’ll show up when the games count.

Two sides, both with leverage. Compromise.

Here's my take:

I think there's blame on both sides. On the one hand, I think the Packers have botched this pretty badly. To me, it began with Gutekunst not realizing that a phone call to your all-time-great (and egosensitive) quarterback before you traded up to pick a QB in the first round might be a good idea. All Gutekunst had to say was "Aaron, we're in a bit of a bind. We're about to be on the clock, no one will trade down, and the only guy left with a first-round grade is a QB we'd have to trade up to get. So we're going to do it, but please know you are, and will be, our guy going forward. We'll have about four years to see what we've got with this guy, and he'll be your back-up for at least the next three years. And just to show you our commitment, I promise we'll work out an extension with you. We can always trade this kid if he looks good, and if - God forbid - something happens to you, we've got a QB. But we are committed to you for the next three years, and maybe beyond depending on circumstances." That likely would've done the trick.

Gute was also tone-deaf with the Kumerow situation. Your superstar QB just went out of his way to publicly praise a fourth-string wide receiver - and you cut the guy 48 hours later. Really? You couldn't keep a bottom-of-the-roster guy so your QB would feel he's being heard? You don't have to do everything Rodgers wants, but you better at least listen to him. Finally, as a long-time union guy, I don't agree with the common "just shut up and do your job and if you're good you'll be rewarded" mentality that so many Rats seem to believe. People seem to forget that teams use these guys like meat, and spit them out when the player's usefulness if over. And don't give me that "well they don't have to play" crap. That's like saying if you don't like credit cards, you can just use cash. Yeah, right.

On the other hand, Rodgers is one passive-aggressive son of a bitch. No reason he couldn't have called Gutekunst and asked what the hell was up with the Love pick, or gone to Gutes privately to point out that cutting Kumerow after Rodgers had praised him made Rodgers look a bit like a bit player. Dropping that bomb on draft day was a clear revenge move, and his unwillingness to own up to what he's doing is or should be embarrassing. He's not a stand-up guy, in my opinion. He's very, very sensitive, and while that chip on his shoulder can drive him to greatness, it also makes him an arrogant jackass, though I often wonder if these guys - pampered and told how great they are every day - could ever turn out any differently. The eye-rolls after a receiver doesn't do what he wants are really annoying to me. I wonder if Rodgers is traded, if every receiver not named Davante Adams will be secretly relieved.

At this point, it looks like the Packers are going to cave and give Rodgers what he wants - the knowledge that he is THE guy for at least the next three years, barring injury, and probably some say in personnel, and probably the Packers will have to throw in a mea culpa publicly, too. Gutes has started on that part, though it was pretty subdued. You've got to get that sackcloth out and flog yourself while you throw yourself to the ground, Brian.

texaspackerbacker
05-13-2021, 12:24 PM
I hope your last paragraph is correct. I think probably it is.

RashanGary
05-13-2021, 01:59 PM
Here's my take:

I think there's blame on both sides. On the one hand, I think the Packers have botched this pretty badly. To me, it began with Gutekunst not realizing that a phone call to your all-time-great (and egosensitive) quarterback before you traded up to pick a QB in the first round might be a good idea. All Gutekunst had to say was "Aaron, we're in a bit of a bind. We're about to be on the clock, no one will trade down, and the only guy left with a first-round grade is a QB we'd have to trade up to get. So we're going to do it, but please know you are, and will be, our guy going forward. We'll have about four years to see what we've got with this guy, and he'll be your back-up for at least the next three years. And just to show you our commitment, I promise we'll work out an extension with you. We can always trade this kid if he looks good, and if - God forbid - something happens to you, we've got a QB. But we are committed to you for the next three years, and maybe beyond depending on circumstances." That likely would've done the trick.

Gute was also tone-deaf with the Kumerow situation. Your superstar QB just went out of his way to publicly praise a fourth-string wide receiver - and you cut the guy 48 hours later. Really? You couldn't keep a bottom-of-the-roster guy so your QB would feel he's being heard? You don't have to do everything Rodgers wants, but you better at least listen to him. Finally, as a long-time union guy, I don't agree with the common "just shut up and do your job and if you're good you'll be rewarded" mentality that so many Rats seem to believe. People seem to forget that teams use these guys like meat, and spit them out when the player's usefulness if over. And don't give me that "well they don't have to play" crap. That's like saying if you don't like credit cards, you can just use cash. Yeah, right.

On the other hand, Rodgers is one passive-aggressive son of a bitch. No reason he couldn't have called Gutekunst and asked what the hell was up with the Love pick, or gone to Gutes privately to point out that cutting Kumerow after Rodgers had praised him made Rodgers look a bit like a bit player. Dropping that bomb on draft day was a clear revenge move, and his unwillingness to own up to what he's doing is or should be embarrassing. He's not a stand-up guy, in my opinion. He's very, very sensitive, and while that chip on his shoulder can drive him to greatness, it also makes him an arrogant jackass, though I often wonder if these guys - pampered and told how great they are every day - could ever turn out any differently. The eye-rolls after a receiver doesn't do what he wants are really annoying to me. I wonder if Rodgers is traded, if every receiver not named Davante Adams will be secretly relieved.

At this point, it looks like the Packers are going to cave and give Rodgers what he wants - the knowledge that he is THE guy for at least the next three years, barring injury, and probably some say in personnel, and probably the Packers will have to throw in a mea culpa publicly, too. Gutes has started on that part, though it was pretty subdued. You've got to get that sackcloth out and flog yourself while you throw yourself to the ground, Brian.

Yep. I'm seeing it about like this too.

It will probably be three more years of close to guaranteeing for Rodgers as the compromise and it will probably work out. He'll probably have an injury though and Rodgers is gonna come out the winner of this.

It's just a cold business. The reason the league sees so much of this is because it's set up as a cold business and players have to fight for themselves. Cold business is American culture but it doesn't mean everyone is gonna like it. It doesn't mean it's good for people. It doesn't mean it's always gonna go smoothly just because it's our culture and we're conditioned to accept it. There's something even deeper than conditioning. You can condition a child since kindergarten or earlier to accept this stuff and human nature still rears its ugly head and will not like or sometimes accept a cold business.