PDA

View Full Version : NFC North Draft Thread 2021

Fritz
05-02-2021, 11:04 AM
Well, nobody's done this yet, so here it is: let's check up on our competitors in the North. I think the Lions did really well, but who knows? It's mostly just that I heard about most of those guys. And how did the Vikings get like twelve third-round picks?

So have at it, Rats. Who done good?

Detroit Lions
Round 1, Pick 7 — OT Penei Sewell
Round 2, Pick 9 (41) — DT Levi Onwuzurike
Round 3, Pick 8 (72) — DT Alim McNeill
Round 3, Pick 38 (101) — CB Ifeatu Melifonwu
Round 4, Pick 7 (112) — WR Amon-Ra St. Brown
Round 4, Pick 8 (113) — LB Derrick Barnes
Round 7, Pick 30 (257) — RB Jermar Jefferson

Chicago Bears
Round 1, pick 11 (from NYG) – Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State
Round 2, pick 39 (from CAR) – Teven Jenkins, OT, Oklahoma State
Round 5, pick 151 (from CAR) – Larry Borom, OT, Missouri
Round 6, pick 217 (from TB through SEA) – Khalil Herbert, RB, Virginia Tech
Round 6, pick 221 – Dazz Newsome, WR, North Carolina
Round 6, pick 228 – Thomas Graham Jr., CB, Oregon
Round 7, pick 250 (from SEA) – Khyiris Tonga, DT, BYU

Minnesota Vikings
Round 1: No. 23 (from Jets) – Christian Darrisaw, OT, Virginia Tech
Round 3: No. 66 – Kellen Mond, QB, Texas A&M
Round 3: No. 78 – Chazz Surratt, LB, North Carolina
Round 3: No. 86 – Wyatt Davis, G, Ohio State
Round 3: No. 90 (from Ravens) – Patrick Jones II, DE, Pittsburgh
Round 4: No. 119 – Kene Nwangwu, RB, Iowa State
Round 4: No. 125 (from Bears) – Camryn Bynum, CB, California
Round 4: No. 134 (from Bills) – Janarius Robinson, DE, Florida State
Round 5: No. 157 – Ihmir Smith-Marsette, WR, Iowa
Round 5: No. 168 (from Steelers) – Zach Davidson, TE, Central Missouri
Round 6: No. 199 – Jaylen Twyman, DT, Pittsburgh

sharpe1027
05-02-2021, 11:46 AM
Vikings worry me just on the sheer volume of picks.

run pMc
05-02-2021, 12:47 PM
More often than not I like the Vikings' drafts, and yet they don't always pan out. The got a couple of OL picks that could help them. I liked Darrisaw and was surprised he fell to 23. Surratt paired with Troy Dye could be their replacement ILBs -- I think Eric Kendricks and Barr are aging. Kellen Mond? I'm skeptical. Still, I think they are the biggest NFCN contender IMO. Dalvin Cook is what makes everything go for them, but improving their OL and a 2nd year jump from Jefferson and the CBs will make a big difference. They have Michael Pierce and Dalvin Tomlinson on the DL; they'll be tough.

I think everyone in the division did pretty good with picks. The big question is Justin Fields. This was a all-or-nothing draft for Pace and Nagy. CHI's defense is aging and the offense wasn't very good last year. If Fields pans out -- and I think they give him a chance by week 6 -- that changes everything. If he doesn't, the franchise is going to be hurting from dealing so many high picks in recent years (Trubisky trade up, Mack trade, trades this year) that their talent will have eroded.

Detroit is full on rebuilding IMO but they got some pieces they can work with. I think they will be the cellar dwellers of the division this year and probably next.

Rastak
05-02-2021, 03:13 PM
More often than not I like the Vikings' drafts, and yet they don't always pan out. The got a couple of OL picks that could help them. I liked Darrisaw and was surprised he fell to 23. Surratt paired with Troy Dye could be their replacement ILBs -- I think Eric Kendricks and Barr are aging. Kellen Mond? I'm skeptical. Still, I think they are the biggest NFCN contender IMO. Dalvin Cook is what makes everything go for them, but improving their OL and a 2nd year jump from Jefferson and the CBs will make a big difference. They have Michael Pierce and Dalvin Tomlinson on the DL; they'll be tough.

I think everyone in the division did pretty good with picks. The big question is Justin Fields. This was a all-or-nothing draft for Pace and Nagy. CHI's defense is aging and the offense wasn't very good last year. If Fields pans out -- and I think they give him a chance by week 6 -- that changes everything. If he doesn't, the franchise is going to be hurting from dealing so many high picks in recent years (Trubisky trade up, Mack trade, trades this year) that their talent will have eroded.

Detroit is full on rebuilding IMO but they got some pieces they can work with. I think they will be the cellar dwellers of the division this year and probably next.

I agree with your takes run pMc.