PDA

View Full Version : All-Time Ted Thompson Packers Team

Joemailman
05-04-2021, 06:57 PM
These are players ACQUIRED by Ted Thompson during his time as Packers GM.

Could use some help at TE and LB.

QB: Aaron Rodgers, Matt Flynn

RB: Ryan Grant, Eddie Lacy, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams

FB: John Kuhn

WR: Greg Jennings, James Jones, Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, Davante Adams

TE: Jermichael Finley, Jimmy Graham, Robert Tonyan

C: Corey Linsley, J.C. Tretter

G: Daryn Colledge, Josh Sitton, T.J. Lang, Lane Taylor

OT: Bryan Bulaga, David Bakhtiari, Marshall Newhouse

FB: John Kuhn

DL: Ryan Pickett, Johnny Jolly, B.J. Raji, Mike Daniels, Kenny Clark

EDGE: Clay Matthews, Nick Perry, Julius Peppers, Kyler Fackrell

LB: A.J. Hawk, Desmond Bishop, Blake Martinez

CB: Charles Woodson, Tramon Williams, Sam Shields, Casey Hayward

S: Nick Collins, Morgan Burnett, Micah Hyde, Haha Clinton-Dix

K: Mason Crosby

P: Jon Ryan

LS: Brett Goode

Ret: Will Blackmon

Gun: Jarrett Bush

Upnorth
05-04-2021, 07:18 PM
One massive glaring weakness at 3rd ot. Other than that great team

Joemailman
05-04-2021, 08:19 PM
One massive glaring weakness at 3rd ot. Other than that great team

The Derek Sherrod pick really hurt.

King Friday
05-04-2021, 09:32 PM
Getting John Kuhn in there twice is appropriate.

sharpe1027
05-05-2021, 12:57 AM
Kuuuuuuuuuuuuuhn!

smuggler
05-05-2021, 06:20 AM
Getting John Kuhn in there twice is appropriate.

Stole my thunder!

hoosier
05-05-2021, 08:24 AM
If we can include guys who developed slowly and made bigger contributions with other teams--diamonds in the rough--then I would add Breno Giacomini and Lawrence "Just a" Guy. Maybe also Brandon Jackson at RB, he played an important but understated role on the 2010 SB team.

Joemailman
05-05-2021, 08:40 AM
If we can include guys who developed slowly and made bigger contributions with other teams--diamonds in the rough--then I would add Breno Giacomini and Lawrence "Just a" Guy. Maybe also Brandon Jackson at RB, he played an important but understated role on the 2010 SB team.

That last RB spot was real close between Williams, Brandon Jackson and James Starks. Maybe I was guilty of recency bias there. Always thought TT gave up on Giacomini too soon.

bobblehead
05-05-2021, 11:11 AM
That last RB spot was real close between Williams, Brandon Jackson and James Starks. Maybe I was guilty of recency bias there. Always thought TT gave up on Giacomini too soon.

They "developed" giacomini for 3 years. That is about my patience level. I have said that this is the last stand for my favorite underdog Yosh Nijman. You can only be a prospect for so long before its time to cut ties. I for one am hoping Yosh surprises everyone this camp, but with no fluff pieces being done regarding him working with SportsScience or some other organization I have serious doubts.

hoosier
05-05-2021, 08:57 PM

Williams certainly looks like a better overall RB, I'll give you that. Jackson wasn't big, fast, quick, didn't seem to have any skills that really stood out. But they definitely don't win the SB without him. So I guess it comes down to how much the bigger context affects our evaluation of individual performance. If context doesn't matter, I like Williams over either of them. If context matters, Jackson--and, yeah, Starks too--might have the edge.

smuggler
05-07-2021, 09:03 AM
They're similar players, honestly, but Williams is just bigger and gave us more production. No contest, even including context. Brandon Jackson also cost more draft capital (2nd round) compared to Williams (4th), even though that's not part of the equation.

sharpe1027
05-07-2021, 11:18 AM
They're similar players, honestly, but Williams is just bigger and gave us more production. No contest, even including context. Brandon Jackson also cost more draft capital (2nd round) compared to Williams (4th), even though that's not part of the equation.

Agreed. Williams all the way.