PDA

View Full Version : Official 2021 OTA/Mini-camp Thread

Joemailman
05-06-2021, 01:01 PM
GREEN BAY – The NFL announced on Thursday the key dates for the Packers' offseason program, beginning with rookie minicamp next Friday and Saturday, May 14-15.

Green Bay's voluntary organized team activities are scheduled for May 24-25, and 27, plus June 1-2, 4, 7-8, and 10, with mandatory minicamp slated for June 15-17.

So May 24 is the first time Rodgers would normally be there. June 15 the first time he would have to contractually be there.

Packers will likely sign a QB or 2 before May 14.

HarveyWallbangers
05-07-2021, 02:09 AM
Early Stab at the 53 Man, if ARod stays:

QB (2) - Rodgers, Love
RB (3) - Jones, Dillon, Hill
WR (5) - Adams, Lazard, MVS, Rodgers, St. Brown
TE (4) - Tonyan, Lewis, Deguara, Sternberger
OL (9) - Bakhtiari, Jenkins, Myers, Patrick, Turner, Newman, Runyan, Stepaniak, Nijman
DL (6) - Clark, Keke, Lowry, Slaton, Lancaster, Rush
OLB (5) - Z. Smith, Gary, P. Smith, Garvin, Ramsey
ILB (5) - Barnes, Martin, McDuffie, Summers, Burks
CB (6) - Alexander, Stokes, King, Sullivan, Jean-Charles, Holman
S (5) - Amos, Savage, Scott, Redmon, Black
ST (3) - Crosby, Scott, Bradley

PS - P. Taylor, M. Taylor, Dafney, Hanson, Van Lanen, Z. Johnson, Previlion, Ento, Samuels, Uphoff
Cut - Devin Funchess, Josh Jackson

Burks, Summers, and Redmon have good STs value for a team that is thinking Super Bowl. Jackson could be buried on the CB depth chart and doesn't offer a lot of STs value, so he gets cut and the Packers get a bit of cap savings. Funchess opted out and missed most of the year before. I don't think they keep him if he's buried on the depth chart--because he doesn't offer STs value. He could beat out St. Brown though. Six is probably too much at DL. Slaton is your typical big 3-4 NT. I like the idea of keeping Rush, if Barry is going to utilize that position. Maybe Rush goes to PS.

Roster looks good--except at DL. Maybe Gute and ARod will kiss and make up, then they restructure/extend ARod to free up some money for a veteran DL.

sharpe1027
05-07-2021, 07:37 AM
Funchess restructured and is a cheap veteran that has good size. I wouldn't bet in him being cut. They may keep 6.

smuggler
05-07-2021, 07:57 AM
Bailey Gaither looks like a damn crackhead in his roster photo. So, based on that alone, I believe he will make the team's final 53.

Joemailman
05-07-2021, 08:12 AM
Bailey Gaither looks like a damn crackhead in his roster photo. So, based on that alone, I believe he will make the team's final 53.

He's just happy to be there.

https://static.clubs.nfl.com/image/private/t_editorial_landscape_6_desktop/f_auto/packers/h9dfkj6sxp7ixl2uxdlr.jpg

Sparkey
05-07-2021, 08:19 AM
He's just happy to be there.

https://static.clubs.nfl.com/image/private/t_editorial_landscape_6_desktop/f_auto/packers/h9dfkj6sxp7ixl2uxdlr.jpg

What a half assed job of photoshopping that is.

smuggler
05-07-2021, 08:34 AM
What a half assed job of photoshopping that is.

Bwahahahaha

sharpe1027
05-07-2021, 11:22 AM
I wonder if age doesn't finally catch up with Lewis.

texaspackerbacker
05-07-2021, 01:15 PM
Likely there will be a 3rd and maybe even a 4th QB in camp, one of whom will end up on the practice squad.

I didn't know that Anthony Rush is still around. I had some hope for him when they signed him last year, but I don't recall him even playing.

Funchess restructured? I hadn't heard that one either. I like your roster projection, Harvey. I think I'd rather have a 6th WR and one less D Lineman, though - hopefully dump Lowery, Lancaster, or ideally, both hahahaha.

sharpe1027
05-07-2021, 02:15 PM
Funchess took a straight $750k paycut.

bobblehead
05-08-2021, 12:57 PM
I am interested in one guy each season. This season I will watch Nijman. I want to see the next step. I hope to see it. If it happens a lot of things along the line look much better. If it doesn't happen we will have a decent OL when Bak returns.

Alongside that I will be interested to see if Jenkins plays Tackle in camp. Most years its the OL I'm focused on as I think you win in the trenches.

I've seen enough to think we can survive with Bak, Runyon, Patrick, Turner, Jenkins though. And if the rookie wins the center job, patrick is a nice 3 spot backup and Turner can play OT as well. But as I said, if Nijman is an NFL player then it all looks so much better and offers so many options. He has progressed so far as expected. PS to roster ST player. Now can he play effectively in a game. If not, its time to cut bait and our options get a little tighter. We would be a bit think at tackle. Guys who are better inside could end up at tackle until Bak returns and even after, we would be one injury away from using a guard at tackle. Really wish we had traded up for the other Jenkins.

bobblehead
05-08-2021, 01:11 PM
Early Stab at the 53 Man, if ARod stays:

QB (2) - Rodgers, Love
RB (3) - Jones, Dillon, Hill
WR (5) - Adams, Lazard, MVS, Rodgers, St. Brown
TE (4) - Tonyan, Lewis, Deguara, Sternberger
OL (9) - Bakhtiari, Jenkins, Myers, Patrick, Turner, Newman, Runyan, Stepaniak, Nijman
DL (6) - Clark, Keke, Lowry, Slaton, Lancaster, Rush
OLB (5) - Z. Smith, Gary, P. Smith, Garvin, Ramsey
ILB (5) - Barnes, Martin, McDuffie, Summers, Burks
CB (6) - Alexander, Stokes, King, Sullivan, Jean-Charles, Holman
S (5) - Amos, Savage, Scott, Redmon, Black
ST (3) - Crosby, Scott, Bradley

PS - P. Taylor, M. Taylor, Dafney, Hanson, Van Lanen, Z. Johnson, Previlion, Ento, Samuels, Uphoff
Cut - Devin Funchess, Josh Jackson

Burks, Summers, and Redmon have good STs value for a team that is thinking Super Bowl. Jackson could be buried on the CB depth chart and doesn't offer a lot of STs value, so he gets cut and the Packers get a bit of cap savings. Funchess opted out and missed most of the year before. I don't think they keep him if he's buried on the depth chart--because he doesn't offer STs value. He could beat out St. Brown though. Six is probably too much at DL. Slaton is your typical big 3-4 NT. I like the idea of keeping Rush, if Barry is going to utilize that position. Maybe Rush goes to PS.

Roster looks good--except at DL. Maybe Gute and ARod will kiss and make up, then they restructure/extend ARod to free up some money for a veteran DL.

What I love about this post is that it shows just how few roster spots are up for grabs. Thats a good think except along the DL where every spot is up for grabs. This is a talented roster overall. We have a few holes, but who doesn't. If we can somehow pay a DL that is still out there....and theres a couple, then we have a very complete football team. This run game is going to be insane as long as we run the ball 25 times a game.

Joemailman
05-08-2021, 01:36 PM
I think it's probably better to go with 6 WR and 5 DL. Probably want to keep an extra WR with all but Am Rodgers a free agent in 2022. Not sure you need 6 DL with Z Smith and maybe Gary taking DL snaps on passing downs.

Also not sure you need 5 ILB. Safeties now take some LB snaps on passing downs. McDuffie, Summers and Burks might be fighting for 2 spots.

run pMc
05-08-2021, 02:03 PM
I think it's probably better to go with 6 WR and 5 DL. Probably want to keep an extra WR with all but Am Rodgers a free agent in 2022. Not sure you need 6 DL with Z Smith and maybe Gary taking DL snaps on passing downs.

Also not sure you need 5 ILB. Safeties now take some LB snaps on passing downs. McDuffie, Summers and Burks might be fighting for 2 spots.

Bahktiari will start on the PUP, so that frees a spot temporarily. Agree that 5 ILBs is a lot but I think technically Burks is an OLB now? I think they stash one of Slaton/Rush on the PS; 6 DL feels like a lot. Pretty sure they went with 5 WR last year; last spot will go to Funchess or St.Brown.

Josh Jackson and Hollman are likely fighting for a spot; that feels like a coin flip although I think Jackson saw more snaps last year.

HarveyWallbangers
05-09-2021, 05:50 PM
I think it's probably better to go with 6 WR and 5 DL.

Probably, but I don't know if Funchess will be that guy, and I'm not sure who gets cut at DT. Rush could probably go PS, and then they'd still have a backup for the big run stuffer (Slaton).

Two of the backup ILBs are core special teams players, so they have a solid shot at making the team still.

wist43
05-09-2021, 07:40 PM

I'd rather carry more DL and go with only 3 ILB's. Although we have no clue what Berry is going to install.

I'm not optimistic about the defense at all.

bobblehead
05-10-2021, 10:41 AM
I'd rather carry more DL and go with only 3 ILB's. Although we have no clue what Berry is going to install.

I'm not optimistic about the defense at all.

If you banged Salma Hayak you would be bummed because you would be busy thinking about how she probably won't be back tomorrow night. I love you wist, but being a pessimist is what you do best :)

Anti-Polar Bear
05-11-2021, 09:38 AM
Funchess took a straight $750k paycut.

Funchess milked the pigs for $11 M in the past 2 years. Caught 3 rocks for 32 yards during that time span. Not bad.

Spaulding
05-11-2021, 11:18 AM
Heard on SiriusXM the other day that Jordan Love wasn't eligible for the rookie mini camp this weekend and thus couldn't attend. However players like Chad Kelly and Kurt Benkert who've been in the league as well are eligible for some reason. Seems like a misguided NFL rule. Is this simply because they were cut prior and thus FA's?

Fritz
05-11-2021, 11:22 AM
I am interested in one guy each season. This season I will watch Nijman. I want to see the next step. I hope to see it. If it happens a lot of things along the line look much better. If it doesn't happen we will have a decent OL when Bak returns.

Alongside that I will be interested to see if Jenkins plays Tackle in camp. Most years its the OL I'm focused on as I think you win in the trenches.

I've seen enough to think we can survive with Bak, Runyon, Patrick, Turner, Jenkins though. And if the rookie wins the center job, patrick is a nice 3 spot backup and Turner can play OT as well. But as I said, if Nijman is an NFL player then it all looks so much better and offers so many options. He has progressed so far as expected. PS to roster ST player. Now can he play effectively in a game. If not, its time to cut bait and our options get a little tighter. We would be a bit think at tackle. Guys who are better inside could end up at tackle until Bak returns and even after, we would be one injury away from using a guard at tackle. Really wish we had traded up for the other Jenkins.

I've been thinking the same thing. Nijman is a key - if he can play right tackle, they'll have a lot of flexibility this year, with the rooks this year plus Jansen from last year. Looks like Hansen and Stepaniak have their work cut out for them.

And what position does this Bailey Gaither play? Please tell me he's either the waterboy or the punter.

If he's a punter, I'm rooting for him. How can you not root for a guy who looks like that?

HarveyWallbangers
05-11-2021, 12:00 PM

Once Bakh gets back, I would think they'd keep it Bakh, Elgton, Patrick/Myers, Runyan/Patrick, Turner. Turner appears to be a slightly better RT than RG. Who knows though. Lots of competition at OL. If some of the young guys progress, it could just as easily be Bakh, Runyan, Myers, Stepaniak, Jenkins with Turner as a great backup everywhere but OC and Patrick a great backup on the interior. Throw in Newman, Nijman, van Lanen, Zach Johnson, Hanson--and there is a plethora of options on the OL. Packers might even have some guys with trade value at the end of the preseason--since most teams don't have this kind of OL depth and versatility.

Joemailman
05-11-2021, 12:38 PM
I've been thinking the same thing. Nijman is a key - if he can play right tackle, they'll have a lot of flexibility this year, with the rooks this year plus Jansen from last year. Looks like Hansen and Stepaniak have their work cut out for them.

And what position does this Bailey Gaither play? Please tell me he's either the waterboy or the punter.

If he's a punter, I'm rooting for him. How can you not root for a guy who looks like that?

Bailey Gaither is a guy trying to overcome a handicap he was born with. He is a white wide receiver.

Joemailman
05-25-2021, 11:57 AM
Matt Schneidman
@mattschneidman
·
6m
Packers not at practice for voluntary OTAs today:

Aaron Rodgers
Davante Adams
David Bakhtiari
Jaire Alexander
Allen Lazard
Marquez Valdes-Scantling
Devin Funchess
Blake Bortles
Equanimeous St. Brown
Ka’dar Hollman
Stanford Samuels

No veteran WR's at OTA. That can't be a coincidence.

Bortles is actually there. Working with rehab group.

Joemailman
05-25-2021, 12:10 PM
Rob Demovsky
@RobDemovsky
·
2m
Offensive line in front of Jordan Love: LT Elgton Jenkins, LG Jon Runyan, C Josh Myers, RG Lucas Patrick and RT Billy Turner.

Andy Herman
@AndyHermanNFL
·
2m
Krys Barnes lining up with the 1’s at ILB.

Looked like Josh Jackson and Eric Stokes at CB with no Jaire/King..

Joemailman
05-25-2021, 12:51 PM
Andy Herman
@AndyHermanNFL
·
32m
Love & Amari not on the same page and MLF gives some coaching to the rookie wideout after the play. Looked like Rodgers stopped his route.

Andy Herman
@AndyHermanNFL
·
19m
Royce Newman getting some snaps at RG with the ones. Could be a competition to keep an eye on.

Andy Herman
@AndyHermanNFL
·
15m
Looks like it could be Amos and Barnes in the box in nickel with Savage and Redmond at S. At least that’s one of the early looks here.

Now Amos back at safety and Summers in at LB.

Ryan Wood
@ByRyanWood
·
9m
Can’t say Jordan Love had a notable throw today. That’s not a knock on him. It was awfully blustery at #Packers practice. Really tough wind to throw with. Love did get exclusive first-team reps, but of course that was without the top 4 WRs on depth chart. Baby steps..

Rob Demovsky
@RobDemovsky
·
8m
Two 7-on-7 periods — one into a strong wind and one against — and Jordan Love completed 7-of-10 passes in each one. Most of it was short to intermediate and you could see him working through progressions without a rush. Took one deep shot downwind and overthrew Begelton.

HarveyWallbangers
05-27-2021, 11:17 PM
It's early, but it sounds like Stokes, Myers, and Rodgers look solid. Hod from packers.com named Myers as the best looking rookie so far and Preston Smith as the best looking player. Apparently, Preston is motivated and came into camp in great shape. Bodes well. I also read that Rashan Gary ranked in the top 10 in the NFL in disruption rate on a per snap basis last year. It's going to be interesting. Hopefully, Big Z plays like he has, Preston plays like he did 2019, and Gary continues his improvement. Garvin is a guy I like as a sleeper to give decent snaps as the 4th guy.

https://www.nfl.com/news/next-gen-stats-top-10-disruptors-of-2020-aaron-donald-ranks-high-but-not-no-1

Joemailman
05-28-2021, 09:23 AM
It's early, but it sounds like Stokes, Myers, and Rodgers look solid. Hod from packers.com named Myers as the best looking rookie so far and Preston Smith as the best looking player. Apparently, Preston is motivated and came into camp in great shape. Bodes well. I also read that Rashan Gary ranked in the top 10 in the NFL in disruption rate on a per snap basis last year. It's going to be interesting. Hopefully, Big Z plays like he has, Preston plays like he did 2019, and Gary continues his improvement. Garvin is a guy I like as a sleeper to give decent snaps as the 4th guy.

https://www.nfl.com/news/next-gen-stats-top-10-disruptors-of-2020-aaron-donald-ranks-high-but-not-no-1

Great news about P. Smith. I was high on Garvin early last year, but he needs to show more. He was inactive last 8 games as he got replaced on game day by UDFA Randy Ramsey. Haven't given up on him, but he has a lot to prove. One guy to watch, who Mike Smith mentioned in his PC yesterday, is Delontae Scott. He's listed on roster as DL, but is practicing with OLB's. He's listed at 6-5, 246 and had 10 sacks in 2019 for SMU.

George Cumby
05-28-2021, 10:48 AM
Wrong thread.

Joemailman
06-02-2021, 12:20 PM
Bill Huber
@BillHuberSI
·
3m
Players that I haven’t seen today

QB Aaron Rodgers

WRs Davante Adams
Allen Lazard
Marquez Valdes-Scantling
Equanimeous St. Brown
Devin Funchess

G Elgton Jenkins
CBs Jaire Alexander, Ka’dar Hollman

Jenkins not being there is new. Otherwise, little change.

Joemailman
06-02-2021, 12:24 PM
Bakhtiari working out. https://twitter.com/i/status/1400129444539478022

Upnorth
06-02-2021, 03:12 PM
Apparently the longest completion of the day went to bortles RULEZ!!!(throws maltov cocktail) after underrated wr gets behind (no suprise) kevin king.

Joemailman
06-02-2021, 04:36 PM
Jordan Love doing a lot of check downs so far. I wouldn't place much emphasis on it though. 1st team offense right now has 3rd string WR's going against 1st string DB's. Can't be a lot of guys open.

Joemailman
06-02-2021, 05:22 PM
Apparently the longest completion of the day went to bortles RULEZ!!!(throws maltov cocktail) after underrated wr gets behind (no suprise) kevin king.

Bailey Gaither (the guy who looks like Jordy Nelson's kid brother) had 2 big catches today. Might be a guy to watch in training camp.

bobblehead
06-03-2021, 10:05 AM
Jordan Love doing a lot of check downs so far. I wouldn't place much emphasis on it though. 1st team offense right now has 3rd string WR's going against 1st string DB's. Can't be a lot of guys open.

If I were coaching him I would insist that he make 4 reads and hit the 4th. Its what he needs to be able to do. Ingrain it.

run pMc
06-03-2021, 11:03 AM
If I were coaching him I would insist that he make 4 reads and hit the 4th. Its what he needs to be able to do. Ingrain it.

Agree. IIRC Rodgers was doing a lot of checkdowns in OTAs last year, so this just might be what they're coaching. Wouldn't be surprised if it was.
Last week the wind was pretty bad so (accurate) deep throws to rookie WRs were unlikely. I'm confident Love's arm is strong enough to make all the throws, it's about his fundamentals and what's between his ears that matters IMO.

texaspackerbacker
06-03-2021, 01:25 PM
All the complaints about Rodgers holding the ball too long, and now we have people advocating Love get in the habit of carefully analyzing, going through several reads, then throwing hahahaha - can you have it both ways? I like the extreme care thing. If going through those reads ends up making Love anything like Rodgers for not throwing interceptions, then get him ingrained in that. If he starts, which he almost certainly will in the preseason and hopefully won't for 4 or 5 or more years in the regular season, he likely will get the same massive pass rush that Rodgers has always had. That's when his ability to read and adjust on the run will be tested.

Joemailman
06-03-2021, 02:03 PM
All the complaints about Rodgers holding the ball too long, and now we have people advocating Love get in the habit of carefully analyzing, going through several reads, then throwing hahahaha - can you have it both ways? I like the extreme care thing. If going through those reads ends up making Love anything like Rodgers for not throwing interceptions, then get him ingrained in that. If he starts, which he almost certainly will in the preseason and hopefully won't for 4 or 5 or more years in the regular season, he likely will get the same massive pass rush that Rodgers has always had. That's when his ability to read and adjust on the run will be tested.

The problem people have had with Rodgers in the past is that he holds onto the ball for 4-5 seconds looking for the big play. That's not what we're talking about here. It doesn't take a QB 5 seconds to go through his progressions. Last year when Rodgers did run the offense as designed and got rid of the ball quicker, he had the best season of his career. That's a fact, no matter what you've deluded yourself into thinking.

Upnorth
06-03-2021, 02:15 PM
The problem people have had with Rodgers in the past is that he holds onto the ball for 4-5 seconds looking for the big play. That's not what we're talking about here. It doesn't take a QB 5 seconds to go through his progressions. Last year when Rodgers did run the offense as designed and got rid of the ball quicker, he had the best season of his career. That's a fact, no matter what you've deluded yourself into thinking.

Some and do take 4 to 5 seconds to go through there progression. They are not in the league.

Going through progressions is completely different than extending a play.

texaspackerbacker
06-03-2021, 08:36 PM
Clearly Rodgers getting rid of the ball quicker last season had a lot to do with the better quality of WRs and TE getting open as well as a little bit to do with better scheme and pass routes. Compare Aaron Rodgers to basically anybody you want to compare him to, and Rodgers comes out way ahead. I absolutely would not want him to do anything other than what he has always done - escaping the rush, even if that, heaven forbid, takes 5 seconds or longer hahahaha, and having probably the greatest performance level in the most important category of all, interceptions compared to TD passes.

sharpe1027
06-03-2021, 09:39 PM
Clearly Rodgers getting rid of the ball quicker last season had a lot to do with the better quality of WRs and TE getting open as well as a little bit to do with better scheme and pass routes. Compare Aaron Rodgers to basically anybody you want to compare him to, and Rodgers comes out way ahead. I absolutely would not want him to do anything other than what he has always done - escaping the rush, even if that, heaven forbid, takes 5 seconds or longer hahahaha, and having probably the greatest performance level in the most important category of all, interceptions compared to TD passes.

Rodgers disagrees with your opinion that he shouldn't change how he plays. Last year, he changed how he played. The proof is in the results.

bobblehead
06-03-2021, 11:42 PM

There is a difference between making 3 reads then unloading all within 3 seconds vs. making 4 reads, not liking them and taking a sack.

run pMc
06-04-2021, 07:55 AM

I understand the point you're making, and while others have mentioned the "waiting for a big play" issue, I'd also say that holding the ball too long was an issue in the M3 offense. MLF seems to have schemed ways to get people open, i.e., without having to rely on individual receiver talent beating the corner.
Rodgers got the ball out much faster last year and has in general with MLF, so I agree on the better scheme argument.
I'm not reading too much into Love taking his time -- it's early offseason stuff, and if anything it's a time to get the fundamentals and good habits down. He'll get faster as he gets more comfortable with it. He won't have the luxury of time in games, although I think the OL is better than you do.
It took Rodgers time to learn, it will take Jordan Love time too.

Joemailman
06-04-2021, 09:12 AM
Devin Funchess
@D_FUNCH
· 2h
I’ll be at work next Monday ��������*♂️�� #GoPackGo ���� #FTN #PLUGIN

I'm sure he won't be the only receiver returning.

run pMc
06-04-2021, 10:53 AM
I'm sure he won't be the only receiver returning.

Agree. https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/packers-offseason-2021-dc-salary-cap/2021/6/4/22518469/devin-funchess-will-report-to-packers-minicamp-other-receivers-likely-to-join-him

texaspackerbacker
06-04-2021, 11:49 AM
I understand the point you're making, and while others have mentioned the "waiting for a big play" issue, I'd also say that holding the ball too long was an issue in the M3 offense. MLF seems to have schemed ways to get people open, i.e., without having to rely on individual receiver talent beating the corner.
Rodgers got the ball out much faster last year and has in general with MLF, so I agree on the better scheme argument.
I'm not reading too much into Love taking his time -- it's early offseason stuff, and if anything it's a time to get the fundamentals and good habits down. He'll get faster as he gets more comfortable with it. He won't have the luxury of time in games, although I think the OL is better than you do.
It took Rodgers time to learn, it will take Jordan Love time too.

I don't think it took Rodgers time to learn so much as it took LaFleur time to realize he needed to modify his scheme to accomodate Rodgers' way of doing things. I'd say 80-90% of the "change" - that evil word - was, thankfully, LaFleur, not Rodgers. And what change there was from Rodgers was the result of better route running either because of better Receiver personnel or better designed pass routes. Somebody made the kinda weird comment about Rodgers holding the ball and getting sacked ...... is that really happening? Hell no. If anything, he's sacked less than most QBs, certainly less than most QBs who get the pass rush pressure he consistently gets. And of course, he does that without throwing interceptions far better than anybody in the history of football. THAT more than any other single factor is why he is the GOAT.

Remember several years ago, there was ignorant speculation that Rodgers couldn't throw the deep ball anymore? like his arm was weakening with age or something? Clearly, when there got back to being receivers open deep, he threw the deep ball. Yeah, partly LaFleur's scheming makes that possible, but having receivers like MVS, Lazard, and Tonyan helped too. Davante Adams suddenly got better when those guys came along and developed.

Some of that would apply with Love also, (hopefully 4-5 years or more from now), but regardless of how high his ceiling is - which nobody knows as of now, it's very doubtful he will ever be quite like Rodgers.

sharpe1027
06-04-2021, 11:59 AM
Tex, you're consistent. Everything and anything with Rodgers requires rose colored glasses. No arguments from me about him being one of the all time greats. I just don't agree with how extreme you go. He does nothing wrong. All bad performance is someone else's fault. All good is primarily him. I like to think I have a more measures assessment. He doesn't walk in water.

texaspackerbacker
06-04-2021, 12:04 PM
And why the hell would you or anybody else be negative about the guy most responsible for bringing us fans so much wonderfulness for over a decade now? All good IS primarily him hahahaha.

sharpe1027
06-04-2021, 12:43 PM
Being objective means you can see the good with the bad. Call it negative if you like. Another word for it is "truth."

red
06-04-2021, 05:04 PM
There is a difference between making 3 reads then unloading all within 3 seconds vs. making 4 reads, not liking them and taking a sack.

years ago, after the last super bowl win. i got to by on the sideline during training camp. fat mike had a shot clock on the sideline. rodgers had, i believe, 2 seconds to make all his reads then get the ball out

somehow over the years that obviously went away

but yeah, that is a thing, make your decision and get the ball out, fast

run pMc
06-04-2021, 05:11 PM
I don't think it took Rodgers time to learn so much as it took LaFleur time to realize he needed to modify his scheme to accomodate Rodgers' way of doing things. I'd say 80-90% of the "change" - that evil word - was, thankfully, LaFleur, not Rodgers. And what change there was from Rodgers was the result of better route running either because of better Receiver personnel or better designed pass routes. Somebody made the kinda weird comment about Rodgers holding the ball and getting sacked ...... is that really happening? Hell no. If anything, he's sacked less than most QBs, certainly less than most QBs who get the pass rush pressure he consistently gets. And of course, he does that without throwing interceptions far better than anybody in the history of football. THAT more than any other single factor is why he is the GOAT.

Remember several years ago, there was ignorant speculation that Rodgers couldn't throw the deep ball anymore? like his arm was weakening with age or something? Clearly, when there got back to being receivers open deep, he threw the deep ball. Yeah, partly LaFleur's scheming makes that possible, but having receivers like MVS, Lazard, and Tonyan helped too. Davante Adams suddenly got better when those guys came along and developed.

Some of that would apply with Love also, (hopefully 4-5 years or more from now), but regardless of how high his ceiling is - which nobody knows as of now, it's very doubtful he will ever be quite like Rodgers.

If you think Rodgers is the GOAT, that's fine. Criteria for that is fuzzy, and that's a different thread topic.
If you think change is an evil word, I'm sure there's a cabin somewhere in the woods with no electricity, plumbing or Internet might suit you. Can't have progress or improvement without change. Again, another topic for another thread.

I would say you have it backwards -- Rodgers got the MVP because he bought into MLF's scheme, not because MLF let Rodgers run things his way. All Rodgers knew before MLF was M3, which relied on receivers winning their matchups and getting open. When the receiving talent took a nosedive Rodgers was scrambling for time (and sometimes his life) and holding the ball too long. That was the offense of the 2017 and 2018 seasons. I love his historically low interception numbers too, but he often held the ball too long waiting for an open receiver vs. throwing a guy open in 2018. MLF's scheme gets the receivers open, and gets the ball out of the QB's hands quickly. Rodgers didn't get sacked much last year because he got the ball out (there are stats to back this up). So I'd say Rodgers and the scheme changed, and the offense was better for it. The big change from 2019 season vs. 2020 was Rodgers (and the rest of the team) getting more accustomed to the scheme, but also buying into it. MLF took out some of the audibles and things Rodgers liked to do, and often did, with M3's offense.

I don't know who was saying the couldn't throw deep; it certainly wasn't me. I will say until last year he had several years where his accuracy wasn't what it was, and while his arm isn't what it was either it's still plenty good. Go back to 2010 and 2011 and there's a stark difference to his 2018 and 2019 throws.
I can recall him throwing a lot of deep incomplete sideline throws to covered receivers at the end of the M3 era, often on 3rd and 3, which drove me crazy.

Notice at no point am I blaming the OL. Their OL has been pretty solid most of Rodgers' career. He's had the likes of Sitton, Lang, Wells, Tauscher, Clifton, Bahk, Linsley, and Jenkins blocking for him, and I'd argue have fielded better overall OLs then the rest of the NFCN.

Love will never be like Rodgers. Nobody will. I'm just hoping he'll be good enough to start and win playoff games.

Bretsky
06-04-2021, 06:49 PM
If you think Rodgers is the GOAT, that's fine. Criteria for that is fuzzy, and that's a different thread topic.
If you think change is an evil word, I'm sure there's a cabin somewhere in the woods with no electricity, plumbing or Internet might suit you. Can't have progress or improvement without change. Again, another topic for another thread.

I would say you have it backwards -- Rodgers got the MVP because he bought into MLF's scheme, not because MLF let Rodgers run things his way. All Rodgers knew before MLF was M3, which relied on receivers winning their matchups and getting open. When the receiving talent took a nosedive Rodgers was scrambling for time (and sometimes his life) and holding the ball too long. That was the offense of the 2017 and 2018 seasons. I love his historically low interception numbers too, but he often held the ball too long waiting for an open receiver vs. throwing a guy open in 2018. MLF's scheme gets the receivers open, and gets the ball out of the QB's hands quickly. Rodgers didn't get sacked much last year because he got the ball out (there are stats to back this up). So I'd say Rodgers and the scheme changed, and the offense was better for it. The big change from 2019 season vs. 2020 was Rodgers (and the rest of the team) getting more accustomed to the scheme, but also buying into it. MLF took out some of the audibles and things Rodgers liked to do, and often did, with M3's offense.

I don't know who was saying the couldn't throw deep; it certainly wasn't me. I will say until last year he had several years where his accuracy wasn't what it was, and while his arm isn't what it was either it's still plenty good. Go back to 2010 and 2011 and there's a stark difference to his 2018 and 2019 throws.
I can recall him throwing a lot of deep incomplete sideline throws to covered receivers at the end of the M3 era, often on 3rd and 3, which drove me crazy.

Notice at no point am I blaming the OL. Their OL has been pretty solid most of Rodgers' career. He's had the likes of Sitton, Lang, Wells, Tauscher, Clifton, Bahk, Linsley, and Jenkins blocking for him, and I'd argue have fielded better overall OLs then the rest of the NFCN.

Love will never be like Rodgers. Nobody will. I'm just hoping he'll be good enough to start and win playoff games.

MATTY is everything GUTEBAG and MARCIA are NOT . Rodgers and Matty succeed because Matty is a master at brewing positive chemistry and making Rodgers feel like part of the team...the process....and a part of something special...a great atmosphere of success.

This isn't all Matty, and it's not all AROD.......it's both of them that get credit

texaspackerbacker
06-04-2021, 08:48 PM

Bretsky nailed it about LaFleur's primary contribution. I'm not saying his scheme is nothing, but I am saying that he thankfully subordinated his ego by adjusting his scheme to fit the way Rodgers has played with excellence for so long. He did tweak the routes and throw in the misdirection, etc. to help receivers get open, but when we first heard about LaFleur was coming here, people talked like he was all about "run first". Fortunately, it didn't turn out that way.

You don't remember the stupid speculation several years ago that he couldn't throw deep anymore? I didn't mean to imply it was you hahahaha.

As for the "change is evil" thing, I'm not gonna explain that this side of FYI - not wanting to get burned over the evil p word. Suffice it to say, though, it ain't "electricity, plumbing or Internet" that I'm negative about hahahaha.

bobblehead
06-05-2021, 07:47 AM
MATTY is everything GUTEBAG and MARCIA are NOT . Rodgers and Matty succeed because Matty is a master at brewing positive chemistry and making Rodgers feel like part of the team...the process....and a part of something special...a great atmosphere of success.

This isn't all Matty, and it's not all AROD.......it's both of them that get credit

How do you know? Maybe this is all brewed up because Matty has been aggressive in insisting Rodgers follow the script and then when he didn't maybe Matty asked Gutes to draft Love if possible. Maybe when we failed to run the ball in the 4th quarter of the NFCC this year matty went off on ARod privately and that is what started this rift. Or maybe Matty was the one who abandon the run and Rodgers was pissed about it.

Bottom line, we just can't know what is going on behind the scenes. We can gather evidence and make the best guess, but with this fiasco, I have very little to go on other than Arod is doing all this for his man crush Jake Kumerow....which I find unlikely to be the truth.

bobblehead
06-05-2021, 07:49 AM
Bretsky nailed it about LaFleur's primary contribution. I'm not saying his scheme is nothing, but I am saying that he thankfully subordinated his ego by adjusting his scheme to fit the way Rodgers has played with excellence for so long. He did tweak the routes and throw in the misdirection, etc. to help receivers get open, but when we first heard about LaFleur was coming here, people talked like he was all about "run first". Fortunately, it didn't turn out that way.

You don't remember the stupid speculation several years ago that he couldn't throw deep anymore? I didn't mean to imply it was you hahahaha.

As for the "change is evil" thing, I'm not gonna explain that this side of FYI - not wanting to get burned over the evil p word. Suffice it to say, though, it ain't "electricity, plumbing or Internet" that I'm negative about hahahaha.

No one said he was/is run first. We said he would actually call running plays to tighten up a defense. They are running his offense, and rumors were that Rodgers resisted it originally. As usual, you see the world the way your fantasized Walter Mitty mind wants to and not necessarily they way it actually is.

Bretsky
06-05-2021, 07:50 AM
How do you know? Maybe this is all brewed up because Matty has been aggressive in insisting Rodgers follow the script and then when he didn't maybe Matty asked Gutes to draft Love if possible. Maybe when we failed to run the ball in the 4th quarter of the NFCC this year matty went off on ARod privately and that is what started this rift. Or maybe Matty was the one who abandon the run and Rodgers was pissed about it.

Bottom line, we just can't know what is going on behind the scenes. We can gather evidence and make the best guess, but with this fiasco, I have very little to go on other than Arod is doing all this for his man crush Jake Kumerow....which I find unlikely to be the truth.

Do you really believe anything you wrote here ?

Upnorth
06-05-2021, 08:22 AM

It's as likely as almost anything else I have read and has about as much evidence to support it to outsiders like ourselves.

RashanGary
06-05-2021, 03:06 PM
My impression is Lafleur adapted with Rodgers and did some things differently. Rodgers also adapted to Lafleur and did some things differently. Lafleur also adapted to Aaron Jones and ran more inside zone. And Aaron Jones adapted to Lafleur and worked on running pass routes.

It’s a combination of scheme and players. All good coaches adapt their scheme to fit the players. All good players try to expand their game to do more in the scheme.

I have no doubt that it’s both and probably somewhere close to equal parts.

RashanGary
06-05-2021, 03:37 PM
Gute also built good teams. And Murphy created the whole structure that this success has come under. It’s quality people trying to succeed in a competitive environment and I think from Murphy to Gute to Lafleur to Rodgers, everyone is committed to winning and they’re really close to being the best of 32 teams. Good organization imho. And with that, they might have a little adjustment period after Rodgers but i think if you have a good GM you’ll build a good team. And I believe the Packers have a good GM.

bobblehead
06-07-2021, 12:17 PM

About as much as I believe anything that anyone else rights. And not I used the word maybe a lot. And as I said at the end, you gather as much info as you can and try to reach a conclusion. My conclusion is that this is ALL about drafting Love and not so much because Jake was cut loose.

I questioned your thesis because you stated with certainty that MiLF and Arod are copacetic. I'm not at all convinced that is the case. My very first maybe was mostly serious. The rest are all things I wonder about but can't get an answer for. 2 of them are polar opposites so I certainly don't "believe" what I wrote, but again, I wrote them as possibilities. No, I don't think Rodgers is pissed that MiLF abandoned the run game.

bobblehead
06-07-2021, 12:18 PM
My impression is Lafleur adapted with Rodgers and did some things differently. Rodgers also adapted to Lafleur and did some things differently. Lafleur also adapted to Aaron Jones and ran more inside zone. And Aaron Jones adapted to Lafleur and worked on running pass routes.

It’s a combination of scheme and players. All good coaches adapt their scheme to fit the players. All good players try to expand their game to do more in the scheme.

I have no doubt that it’s both and probably somewhere close to equal parts.

Jeezus have you grown up. What happened to the angry young man known as Nick Collins?

Oh, and excellent post and read on the situation. Props.

Sparkey
06-07-2021, 02:03 PM

The 4th quarter of the NFCCG, it looked like the McCarthy/Rodgers offense. Pretty stagnant and ineffective.

Pick #1 in the 4th quarter

1st & 10 at GB 19
(12:20 - 4th) A.Rodgers pass incomplete deep middle to D.Adams (J.Dean).

2nd & 10 at GB 19
(12:14 - 4th) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass short left to J.Williams to GB 24 for 5 yards (D.White; C.Davis).

3rd & 5 at GB 24
(11:32 - 4th) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers sacked at GB 14 for -10 yards (S.Barrett).

4th & 15 at GB 14
(10:51 - 4th) J.Scott punts 55 yards to TB 31, Center-H.Bradley. J.Mickens to TB 38 for 7 yards (O.Burks).

Pick #2 in 4th quarter

1st & 10 at GB 24
(9:15 - 4th) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers sacked at GB 24 for 0 yards (S.Barrett).

2nd & 10 at GB 24
(8:31 - 4th) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass incomplete deep right to M.Valdes-Scantling.

3rd & 10 at GB 24
(8:26 - 4th) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass incomplete short middle to A.Lazard.

4th & 10 at GB 24
(8:20 - 4th) J.Scott punts 51 yards to TB 25, Center-H.Bradley. J.Mickens to TB 28 for 3 yards (K.Russell).

Final possession 4th quarter

(4:42 - 4th) B.Pinion kicks 61 yards from TB 35 to GB 4. J.Williams to GB 34 for 30 yards (J.Watson).

1st & 10 at GB 34
(4:33 - 4th) (Shotgun) A.Dillon right tackle to GB 43 for 9 yards (D.White).

2nd & 1 at GB 43
(3:56 - 4th) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass deep middle to M.Valdes-Scantling to TB 28 for 29 yards (S.Murphy-Bunting, A.Adams).

1st & 10 at TB 28
(3:12 - 4th) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass incomplete deep left to M.Valdes-Scantling.

2nd & 10 at TB 28
(3:07 - 4th) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass short middle to D.Adams to TB 19 for 9 yards (D.White).

3rd & 1 at TB 19
(2:28 - 4th) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass short left to D.Adams pushed ob at TB 8 for 11 yards (C.Davis).

1st & Goal at TB 8
(2:22 - 4th) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass incomplete short middle to A.Lazard.

2nd & Goal at TB 8
(2:19 - 4th) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass incomplete short middle to D.Adams [N.Suh].

3rd & 8 at TB 8
(2:15 - 4th) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass incomplete short middle to D.Adams (A.Adams).

4th & Goal at TB 8
(2:05 - 4th) Mason Crosby 26 Yd Field Goal

So for all the GOAT talk, I'm pretty sure Lynn Dickey or Don Majkowski could have generated three points in the 4th quarter.

Joemailman
06-07-2021, 02:41 PM
The 4th quarter of the NFCCG, it looked like the McCarthy/Rodgers offense. Pretty stagnant and ineffective.

1st & 10 at GB 19

2nd & 10 at GB 19
(12:14 - 4th) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass short left to J.Williams to GB 24 for 5 yards (D.White; C.Davis).

3rd & 5 at GB 24

4th & 15 at GB 14
(10:51 - 4th) J.Scott punts 55 yards to TB 31, Center-H.Bradley. J.Mickens to TB 38 for 7 yards (O.Burks).

Pick #2 in 4th quarter

1st & 10 at GB 24

2nd & 10 at GB 24
(8:31 - 4th) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass incomplete deep right to M.Valdes-Scantling.

3rd & 10 at GB 24

4th & 10 at GB 24
(8:20 - 4th) J.Scott punts 51 yards to TB 25, Center-H.Bradley. J.Mickens to TB 28 for 3 yards (K.Russell).

(4:42 - 4th) B.Pinion kicks 61 yards from TB 35 to GB 4. J.Williams to GB 34 for 30 yards (J.Watson).

1st & 10 at GB 34

2nd & 1 at GB 43
(3:56 - 4th) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass deep middle to M.Valdes-Scantling to TB 28 for 29 yards (S.Murphy-Bunting, A.Adams).

1st & 10 at TB 28
(3:12 - 4th) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass incomplete deep left to M.Valdes-Scantling.

2nd & 10 at TB 28
(3:07 - 4th) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass short middle to D.Adams to TB 19 for 9 yards (D.White).

3rd & 1 at TB 19
(2:28 - 4th) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass short left to D.Adams pushed ob at TB 8 for 11 yards (C.Davis).

1st & Goal at TB 8

2nd & Goal at TB 8
(2:19 - 4th) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass incomplete short middle to D.Adams [N.Suh].

3rd & 8 at TB 8
(2:15 - 4th) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass incomplete short middle to D.Adams (A.Adams).

4th & Goal at TB 8

So for all the GOAT talk, I'm pretty sure Lynn Dickey or Don Majkowski could have generated three points in the 4th quarter.

14 plays from scrimmage and ran the ball 1 time. For 9 yards. And their best pass play came on 2nd and 1 after the 9 yard run. So...maybe they should have run more?

SudsMcBucky
06-07-2021, 02:59 PM
14 plays from scrimmage and ran the ball 1 time. For 9 yards. And their best pass play came on 2nd and 1 after the 9 yard run. So...maybe they should have run more?

I doubt we'll ever know, but I'd be curious if that was a change in play calling or AR audibling more.

QBME
06-07-2021, 05:48 PM
Back to Mini Camp(s)...
Reports (Ian Rappaport) are signaling that the whole receiving corps is going to show up, but not Aaron.
This is getting juicy good.

Joemailman
06-07-2021, 06:00 PM
Back to Mini Camp(s)...
Reports (Ian Rappaport) are signaling that the whole receiving corps is going to show up, but not Aaron.

Should give Love more opportunities to complete some passes downfield, and perhaps more pressure to do so.

Bretsky
06-07-2021, 06:23 PM
Back to Mini Camp(s)...

UPCOMING IS MANDATORY and SKIPPERS CAN GET FINED

This make sense

Joemailman
06-08-2021, 11:56 AM
Rob Demovsky
@RobDemovsky
Packers have four players in the COVID protocol: Preston Smith, Za’Darius Smith, Elgton Jenkins and Dean Lowry.

Doesn’t necessarily mean a positive test but they’re not allowed at practice or in the building.

Joemailman
06-08-2021, 02:00 PM
Andy Herman
@AndyHermanNFL
·
1h
Gary and Garvin at edge with smiths gone.

King/Jaire/Sullivan at CB

Keke Lancaster Clark at DL

Barnes at LB

Amos & Savage @ Safety

Andy Herman
@AndyHermanNFL
·
1h
Braden - JRJ - Myers - Patrick - Turner at OL.

Ryan Wood
@ByRyanWood
·
1h
Looks like #Packers WR Davante Adams not participating in team reports. MVS, Allen Lazard and EQ are first 3 receivers up in 11 personnel.

Rob Demovsky
@RobDemovsky
·
1h
Packers minicamp roll call:

Holdout: Aaron Rodgers.

COVID protocol: Za’Darius Smith, Preston Smith, Elgton Jenkins, Dean Lowry.

Rehab: David Bakhtiari, Josiah Deguara Chris Blair, Ka’dar Hollman.

Everyone else is practicing.

Andy Herman
@AndyHermanNFL
·
1h
Royce Newman continues to get snaps at RG with the ones. Seems GB is going to give him a chance. Rotating with Lucas Patrick. Also seeing time at RT.

Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero
· 1h
#Packers star WR Davante Adams is present at minicamp and in uniform, but isn’t really participating on Day 1. Watching most drills and working on the side during 11-on-11. He’s entering a contract year. All of Green Bay’s other top receivers are practicing.

Andy Herman
@AndyHermanNFL
·
1h
Will Redmond continues to get looks with some of the Packers top nickel and dime packages.

Andy Herman
@AndyHermanNFL
·
1h
Darnell Savage w/ great coverage on Allen Lazard. Pass from Love falls incomplete.

Ryan Wood
@ByRyanWood
·
1h
No live rush, but Jordan Love just flashed some impressive athleticism. Love maneuvered inside the pocket before flushing left and finding Amari Rodgers in the middle. Hit Rodgers with a low throw to beat tight coverage. Arm and feet in one play.

Andy Herman
@AndyHermanNFL
·
1h
Obligatory Kabion Ento tweet but he had awesome coverage outside on Allen Lazard on an out route. He continues to look the part at CB.

Wes Hodkiewicz
@WesHod
·
1h
Nice little connection between Love and MVS on slant. Getting a chance to work with most of WRs today though Davante hasn’t been in team

Ryan Wood
@ByRyanWood
·
1h
In dime, #Packers dropped Adrian Amos into the slot with Darnell Savage Jr. and Will Redmond as deep safeties. Wonder if Amos could be a candidate for “star” position, or just the preferred dime look.

Andy Herman
@AndyHermanNFL
·
1h
EQ banged up after a throw from Bortles where they weren’t on the same page. Down on a knew now and trainers looking at him.

Ryan Wood
@ByRyanWood
·
1h
Jordan Love sailed a pass over open Robert Tonyan’s head in the right flat. A few reps later, he overthrows open Malik Taylor down right sideline. A year ago, rarely saw Love cut loose on a throw. He’s let it rip more this offseason. A bit too much, at times.

Wes Hodkiewicz
@WesHod
·
1h
Blake Bortles ends two minute with a 35 yard TD down the sideline to Isaac Nauta

Matt Schneidman
@mattschneidman
·
1h
Jordan Love struggled with accuracy during team work today. The arm strength is there, but missed a handful of makeable throws. Period ends with Blake Bortles finding Isaac Nauta deep down the left sideline for a TD.

Andy Herman
@AndyHermanNFL
·
1h
Notes from practice:

Love shaky with accuracy/rhythm
Jaire looked FireFireFire
Return of WRs
No Preston, Z, Elgton, Lowry
Bortles to Nauta play of the day
Garvin w/ starters w/ Smiths out
Newman rotates w/ starters @ RG
Kamal Martin had a nice day
Oh and no Aaron Rodgers.

Ryan Wood
@ByRyanWood
·
52m
#Packers coach Matt LaFleur decline to say whether Aaron Rodgers' absence was excused: "That's team business that we're always going to keep confidential between us and the player.".

texaspackerbacker
06-08-2021, 04:32 PM
Good to read actual news.

A couple things that stand out to me of that stuff: Trying to use Valdez-Scantling on slants could be a big play thing with his speed. Garvin apparently starting out ahead of several other back up OLBs could be good. He's apparently a couple years younger than most second year players. I'm rooting for him to break out at least a little bit this year.

red
06-08-2021, 06:23 PM
Is z-smith in vivid protocol or not?

Cause the team put out a video of him running into the field for camp

Joemailman
06-08-2021, 07:26 PM

Z was not there today. He was there last week.

texaspackerbacker
06-09-2021, 12:46 AM

"vivid protocol"? you mean he moonlights as a porn star now?

Joemailman
06-09-2021, 11:30 AM
Z back at practice today. No sign yet of other Covid guys.

Jordan Love will meet with reporters after today's practice.

Joemailman
06-09-2021, 12:00 PM
Rob Demovsky
@RobDemovsky
Only changes in Day 2:

Za’Darius Smith returned
De’Vondre Campbell signed
Mike Weber released

Joemailman
06-09-2021, 12:05 PM
Olivia Reiner
@ReinerOlivia
·
7m
Packers Minicamp Day 2 attendance, no sight of:
Aaron Rodgers
Chris Blair+
Ka’dar Hollman+
Elgton Jenkins*
Preston Smith*
Dean Lowry*

+ Present, not practicing
*COVID related absence

Rob Demovsky
@RobDemovsky
·
4m
Devin Funchess has been getting attention from a member of the medical staff for several minutes while practice continued.

Wes Hodkiewicz
@WesHod
·
2m
Z is participating in team run. Also Hollman now out here observing

Matt Schneidman
@mattschneidman
·
2m
Rookie fourth-rounder Royce Newman (Ole Miss) working with the 1s at right tackle to start 11-on-11s. Billy Turner at left tackle.

Matt Schneidman
@mattschneidman
· 3m
Rookie fourth-rounder Royce Newman (Ole Miss) working with the 1s at right tackle to start 11-on-11s. Billy Turner at left tackle.

Rob Demovsky
@RobDemovsky
·
1m
Funchess has returned

ndy Herman Retweeted
Marques Eversoll
@MarquesEversoll
·
2m
Love found MVS over the middle for 1st Down, then a wide-open Tonyan in the flat for another. First two passes in Team..

Joemailman
06-09-2021, 12:56 PM
Wes Hodkiewicz
@WesHod
·
31m
Love with his nicest pass of minicamp, hitting Dillon on a wheel route about 30 yards down the side. A beaut #Packers

Wes Hodkiewicz
@WesHod
·
30m
Kurt Benkert with two nice throws to start his team, hitting Taylor and now Sternberger midfield

Now Lazard makes a helluva deep catch through double coverage from Love

Wes Hodkiewicz
@WesHod
·
29m
Coverage breakdown but Love puts it on the money to Winfree on a corner route. Love having a nice practice

Ryan Wood
@ByRyanWood
·
30m
Jordan Love having a much better day than yesterday. He gets Kingsley Keke to jump with his hard count, then took a shot in double coverage to Allen Lazard. Dropped a perfect deep ball to Lazard between Adrian Amos and Darnell Savage Jr, converting the free play. Sound familiar?

Matt Schneidman
@mattschneidman
·
29m
Jordan Love with his fourth dime of practice. An absolutely perfect throw in tight coverage to Aaron Jones down the right sideline. Impressive catch by Jones and Love is now getting fanned off by coaches because he’s on fire.

Rob Demovsky
@RobDemovsky
·
25m
What a stretch for Jordan Love:

* Wheel route to AJ Dillon right sideline for 30 yards.

* Free play deep to Lazard for 45.

* Deep corner route to Juwann Winfee for 30.

* Deep sideline to Aaron Jones for 30.

He was so Fire that TE coach Justin Outten started fanning him.

Wes Hodkiewicz
@WesHod
·
26m
Good rep, positioning for Jackson against MVS down sideline. Nearly had a pick

Matt Schneidman
@mattschneidman
·
24m
Love had a near INT short over the middle to Savage and had a deep ball thrown on the run broken up by Josh Jackson, but responds with another dime on a semi-deep out to the left to Winfree, who does the “feed me” motion with his hand.

Wes Hodkiewicz
@WesHod
·
14m
Both offense and defense celebrating after Lazard appears to sky for a TD to end two minute. We are downfield from that end zone though. Love was 7 of 10 for 70 yards

Ryan Wood
@ByRyanWood
·
10m
Hell of a catch in back end zone for Allen Lazard, ending 2-minute drill with 8-yard TD from Jordan Love on 3-goal. An even better 2-minute drill for Love. He converted 7 of 10 passes for 70 yards and the score.

This has been by far Love’s best day we’ve seen with #Packers.

Matt Schneidman
@mattschneidman
·
3m
One guy that stood out on offense besides Jordan Love today was WR Juwann Winfree. Mainly a practice squad guy last year and his dog kinda attacked me once getting out of the elevator in our building, but a nice day for him.

Matt Schneidman
@mattschneidman
·
3m
Jaire Alexander is also still kinda good at this football thing. Dude breaks up anything thrown his way in practice..

bobblehead
06-09-2021, 01:03 PM

1st & 10 at GB 19

2nd & 10 at GB 19

3rd & 5 at GB 24

4th & 15 at GB 14

Pick #2 in 4th quarter

1st & 10 at GB 24

2nd & 10 at GB 24

3rd & 10 at GB 24

4th & 10 at GB 24

1st & 10 at GB 34

2nd & 1 at GB 43

1st & 10 at TB 28

2nd & 10 at TB 28

3rd & 1 at TB 19

1st & Goal at TB 8

2nd & Goal at TB 8

3rd & 8 at TB 8

4th & Goal at TB 8

Majik would have run the ball into the end zone on 2nd and Goal.

bobblehead
06-09-2021, 01:10 PM
"vivid protocol"? you mean he moonlights as a porn star now?

Its a big production where he cucks arod and bangs the shit out of his girl. Called giving the wood to woodly. Then when Rodgers crys and runs back to Danica she straps one on and....well, I don't want to give away the ending.

HarveyWallbangers
06-09-2021, 01:22 PM
Captain checkdown in OTAs (without his top 5 WRs--which actually be encouraging), mediocre yesterday (nerves?), Patrick Mahomes-like today. That seems to sum up Love so far.

bobblehead
06-09-2021, 06:36 PM
Captain checkdown in OTAs (without his top 5 WRs--which actually be encouraging), mediocre yesterday (nerves?), Patrick Mahomes-like today. That seems to sum up Love so far.

He is improving at a rate that would make him perfect by seasons start!!!

RashanGary
06-10-2021, 12:05 PM
He is improving at a rate that would make him perfect by seasons start!!!

I hate to say it, but I’d love to see Love start this year. It would be fun to get behind a new QB. 12 should be back tho.

Joemailman
06-10-2021, 12:16 PM
Matt Schneidman
@mattschneidman
·
53m
Aaron Rodgers, Davante Adams and DeAndre Hopkins at practice.

Wait, sorry, that’s Amari Rodgers, Davante Adams and DeAndre Thompkins.

Joemailman
06-10-2021, 12:26 PM
Andy Herman
@AndyHermanNFL
·
55m
Kabion Ento and Malik Taylor working as primary gunners on special teams. May not sound sexy but if you’re Kabion Ento and Malik Taylor it’s a big deal. Want to make the roster - prove your worth on teams.

Andy Herman
@AndyHermanNFL
·
35m
Amari Rodgers just had an absolutely sick one-handed catch in the back of the end zone (against air) but it got a reaction out of his teammates. Nice play from the rookie!

Andy Herman
@AndyHermanNFL
·
24m
Turner - JRJ - Myers - LP - Newman with starters on OL again.

Andy Herman
@AndyHermanNFL
·
24m
Josh Jackson getting the look at starting CB. Barnes and Kamal with ones at ILB. Sullivan in the slot.

Andy Herman
@AndyHermanNFL
·
23m
Fun pitch play to Amari Rodgers who started the play in the slot. Beat Krys Barnes around the edge.

Andy Herman
@AndyHermanNFL
·
22m
Eric Stokes pick off Jordan Love along the sideline. Intended for MVS. The play looked completely disjointed from the snap.

Andy Herman
@AndyHermanNFL
·
21m
Love gets another player to jump offsides in team. Something he was great at in college. Pass falls incomplete to Lazard but love gave him a chance. LaFleur not happy with the undisciplined football on both sides.

Andy Herman
@AndyHermanNFL
·
20m
Shemar Jean Charles with a pbu on MVS. Huge reaction from the defense. Was a nice throw by Love and what looked like a catchable ball.

Andy Herman
@AndyHermanNFL
·
14m
Royce Newman now with the 1s at LG. So in 3 minicamp practices we’ve seen him with the 1s at LG, RG, and RT. Not bad for a 4th round rookie.

Ben Braden also getting time at RT with the ones today.

Andy Herman
@AndyHermanNFL
·
7m
Love with a nice touchdown throw in the back of the end zone to Winfree in red zone drills.

Andy Herman
@AndyHermanNFL
·
5m
Nice pass breakup by Stanford Samuels in red zone. May have had a chance at a pick but nice play either way.

Andy Herman
@AndyHermanNFL
·
4m
Love to Tonyan in red zone. As should come to no surprise after last season, the play design had Tonyan wide open in the end zone..

texaspackerbacker
06-10-2021, 02:02 PM
I really appreciate these daily updates, Joe.

It appears that several of these guys are being given some rope either to hang themselves or climb back into contention - Josh Jackson, Malik Taylor, etc. If they do get cut, nobody can say they didn't get a chance to show something.

From what I read, Love has now had a bad day, a very good day, and now a 50/50 day. I'm thinking positive about him as a quality back up for 4 or 5 years hahahaha.

I keep hearing about this kid, Winfree, catching TD passes. I wonder if he has a chance at anything. With him, Malik Taylor, Gaither, and who knows what others, I wouldn't be surprised to see Funchess get shown the door, possibly St. Brown too, although I'm still rooting for St. Brown to succeed.

jklowan
06-10-2021, 03:19 PM
NFL suspended Packers TE Jace Sternberger two games for violating the league's substance-abuse policy.

Joemailman
06-10-2021, 03:20 PM
Today was not as good for the offense. Had a fumble by Jones, botched exchange between Love and D. Williams on a handoff, and an INT by love on a play they said would have been a sack by Lancaster. I like Funchess's chances a lot better than St. Brown's. He could be a real red zone target on this offense.

Joemailman
06-10-2021, 03:33 PM
NFL suspended Packers TE Jace Sternberger two games for violating the league's substance-abuse policy.Not looking good for him. It doesn't affect anything right now though. He'll begin the season on the suspended list. Packers won't have to make decision until he's eligible. Meanwhile, he can practice and play in preseason games.

Fritz
06-10-2021, 04:24 PM
NFL suspended Packers TE Jace Sternberger two games for violating the league's substance-abuse policy.

Fuckin' Furburger.

He's on my shit list.

Fritz
06-10-2021, 04:25 PM
Today was not as good for the offense. Had a fumble by Jones, botched exchange between Love and D. Williams on a handoff, and an INT by love on a play they said would have been a sack by Lancaster. I like Funchess's chances a lot better than St. Brown's. He could be a real red zone target on this offense.

Still can't believe Encyclopedia St. Brown skipped OTA's. He can hardly afford it.

Joemailman
06-10-2021, 07:15 PM
Sternberger:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E3jf5FlWYAMiIQA?format=jpg&name=large

bobblehead
06-10-2021, 08:02 PM
Fuckin' Furburger.

He's on my shit list.

Not mine. Glad to see he's exploring every option to improve!!

call_me_ishmael
06-10-2021, 08:05 PM
Not looking good for him. It doesn't affect anything right now though. He'll begin the season on the suspended list. Packers won't have to make decision until he's eligible. Meanwhile, he can practice and play in preseason games.

I recall posting a quote from Nagler about Jace dealing with stuff behind the scenes. I guess this was it. You hate to see it. Mental health ailments are awful.

Joemailman
06-10-2021, 08:21 PM
I recall posting a quote from Nagler about Jace dealing with stuff behind the scenes. I guess this was it. You hate to see it. Mental health ailments are awful.

That guy has just had nothing go right for him in his pro career. Hope he can get things turned around.

texaspackerbacker
06-11-2021, 12:55 AM
His suspension postpones the decision to either cut him or Dafney. I think I'm rooting for Dafney to win the 4th TE spot and Sternberger to hit the road (hopefully sober).

Upnorth
06-11-2021, 01:49 PM
Has any one seen anything on josh Meyers? He is replacing an all Pro and I have seen nothing (which could mean great thing). No false starts no bad snaps I habe seen attributed to him. Any one see anything?

Joemailman
06-11-2021, 02:18 PM
Has any one seen anything on josh Meyers? He is replacing an all Pro and I have seen nothing (which could mean great thing). No false starts no bad snaps I habe seen attributed to him. Any one see anything?
He's getting almost all the snaps with the 1's. Don't hear really anything about linemen in unpadded practices though.

run pMc
06-12-2021, 02:26 PM
Yeah I was curious about Myers and who they were trying out at the tackle spots with Elgton missing the latest camp days.
It's early and hard to really tell a lot about guys in the trenches because they're basically in helmets and shorts.

Myers absolutely needs to be given every opportunity to win the starting spot, at least thru the first week of training camp. If he sucks you'll see him pulled from the 1's, but I think he'll be ok as a rookie and improve from there.
I'm curious about all these G/T guys. Seems like they have a bunch of them, and most of them sound like they are better fits at G I'm wondering if it is Jenkins in Week 1 starting at T with Billy Turner.

Also -- does anyone think this Ben Braden talk is just feel-good smoke? Stenovich made it sound like he was competing to start, not just make the team.

Heard Kenny Clark was lining up a lot at 3T, or at least not at NT. Did they say who was playing the nose? Lancaster or Slaton maybe?

Joemailman
06-12-2021, 03:18 PM
Yeah I was curious about Myers and who they were trying out at the tackle spots with Elgton missing the latest camp days.
It's early and hard to really tell a lot about guys in the trenches because they're basically in helmets and shorts.

Myers absolutely needs to be given every opportunity to win the starting spot, at least thru the first week of training camp. If he sucks you'll see him pulled from the 1's, but I think he'll be ok as a rookie and improve from there.
I'm curious about all these G/T guys. Seems like they have a bunch of them, and most of them sound like they are better fits at G I'm wondering if it is Jenkins in Week 1 starting at T with Billy Turner.

Also -- does anyone think this Ben Braden talk is just feel-good smoke? Stenovich made it sound like he was competing to start, not just make the team.

Heard Kenny Clark was lining up a lot at 3T, or at least not at NT. Did they say who was playing the nose? Lancaster or Slaton maybe?

I think the plan is to have Jenkins at LT and Myers at C Week 1. So the real battle is at LG, whers Runyan is the early favorite. Watch Braden and Newman though.

I think Lancaster was getting snaps with 1's. Opportunity knocks for Slaton though.

red
06-12-2021, 07:24 PM
Sternberger:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E3jf5FlWYAMiIQA?format=jpg&name=large

since when is alcohol a substance abuse issue?

and why did it take 16 months to do something about it

or has there been another incident?

Joemailman
06-12-2021, 09:25 PM

Driving after drinking while on anti-depressants is the issue I think. NFL probably treats it as a DUI. Don't know why they waited until now to suspend him. Maybe they don't suspend guys who are undergoing therapy?

Sparkey
06-12-2021, 10:13 PM

They probably waited until it made its way thru the courts.

smuggler
06-13-2021, 12:26 PM
Meh, he's kind of a fringe player. Maybe he gets cut now or the suspension allows them a 54th roster spot. He doesn't seem like a cancer, so I'd give him a pass and just base my decision on his camp performance.

red
06-15-2021, 09:24 PM
They probably waited until it made its way thru the courts.

nfl suspends players all the time without waiting for justice to run its course

bobblehead
06-16-2021, 10:49 AM

Since a few have mentioned him I'll add this. Larry McCarren did a piece where he said Myers certainly looks and walks like an NFL center (not sure what that means, but I think its meant as a positive).

Larry also hedged by pointing out no one had pads on and it was a 3 day mini camp, but if Larry is optimistic about what he has seen so far, that better than hearing negatives.

RashanGary
06-16-2021, 04:57 PM
I’m excited about big bob Tonyan. I could see 1,000 yards and 10 touchdowns this year from Bob.

bobblehead
06-18-2021, 10:38 AM
I’m excited about big bob Tonyan. I could see 1,000 yards and 10 touchdowns this year from Bob.

People keep saying its all on Rodgers, but I'm with you. Tonyan looked good in preseason with Boyle throwing to him. I often complained rodgers doesn't utilize a TE in the seam enough, but Boyle was. If Love is forced into action I don't think Tonyan misses a beat. TD regression, but catch and yard progression would make sense.