PDA

View Full Version : WHO IS THE VILLAIN IN THE AROD DRAMA ?

Bretsky
05-07-2021, 06:25 PM
Time to get some views

wist43
05-07-2021, 07:27 PM
They all are...

Gute for being an idiot in last year's draft, Rodgers for being a thin-skinned pussy, and Schefter for gas lighting a subject for personal gain.

It's a generational thing I think... people their age don't know how behave. Gute at least has some dignity, the other two are typical millennials.

sharpe1027
05-07-2021, 07:42 PM
Us for making a big deal of it.

MadtownPacker
05-07-2021, 07:44 PM
Us for making a big deal of it.Exactly. This is a battle for public opinion.

red
05-07-2021, 07:50 PM
i agree with wist

Upnorth
05-07-2021, 10:42 PM
They all share some blame. But we can't fault gute for the Love pick. Rodgers was going down 3/4 years with a major injury in there for the 4th year. Cant bury your head in the sand.

bobblehead
05-07-2021, 10:49 PM
I'll let you know when I see how it ends up. Could be anything at this point.

Personally I am starting to think this was ARod being a pussy at this point. I believe he will be our QB this season with or without a new deal. Based on most recent developments I would say ARod was/is pissy about the Love pick and this whole thing was just to make the brass squirm. I am not convinced he wants to be traded or even wants to leave at all. I think he simply wanted to punish them for picking Love. The problem will be if someone offers Gutes enough to make the trade palatable and then the joke will be on him as he tries to be the QB for a dysfunctional franchise.

call_me_ishmael
05-07-2021, 10:57 PM
Schefter is 55, wouldn't call that a millennial lol!

No one is the villain. All parties are acting in their best interest. Totally makes sense. That said, I think picking a QB given the realities of the 2019 team was ill advised but I am not paid to make those decision, Gooter is, so I defer judgement to him.

King Friday
05-08-2021, 07:30 AM
All of the above.

Gute made a stupid decision to draft Love.
Rodgers is an idiot to feel threatened by Love.
The media are a bunch of wannabes who always screw shit up.

Sparkey
05-08-2021, 10:33 AM
I think as a GM, if they believe that Love has the potential to continue the QB tradition in Green Bay, then it was the correct move. Time, not any of us, will judge if they were right or wrong. To change direction and get rid of Love because a bunch of fans are shitting themselves because "the sky is falling" would be foolishness

texaspackerbacker
05-08-2021, 10:48 AM
Exactly. This is a battle for public opinion.

If it's a battle for public opinion - which you're right, it is, then how can you not vote for the media asshole(s) being the villain? Their whole mission in life is to shape public opinion.

Ideally, this poll woulda been a ranking. I, of course, voted for the God damned media shithead(s), but Gutekunst is far from blameless also. The Holmgren quotes were very telling about that. And truth be told, Rodgers is not completely without blame either. 20, 40, 60 years ago, a QB woulda just taken all the disrespect thrown his way and played the game, as he maybe should have. But as Holmgren said, these are different times.

MadtownPacker
05-08-2021, 11:13 AM
The media’s job is to do exactly what they are doing. They have no say in anything the Packers do and are not part of the equation.

I learned who Rodgers really is back in 2008 when he couldn’t be bothered to turn around and say hi to a little boy who later became a huge fan of his. Why? Because he was all butthurt, just like he is now. He is a miserable human being Tex and if I saw him on the street I will have no problem letting him know. But he is a bitch and wouldn’t throw down anyways. He would make a public scene with lots of misdirection to avoid looking like the bad guy. Just like he is doing now.

smuggler
05-08-2021, 11:17 AM
Sparkey spitting truth.

texaspackerbacker
05-08-2021, 11:33 AM
Madtown, if I had that personal experience with Rodgers that you had, maybe I would feel that way too. I bet, though, just about any big time athlete, at times, if not fulltime, would be just as much of an asshole. I think you're letting that bad experience hurt your judgment in this current mess.

As for the God damned media, maybe it is their "job is to do exactly what they are doing", but that doesn't make it any less assholic. And when the trouble those bastards intentionally stir up harms OUR team, that's when I say they need to be strung up and hung upside down from a bridge someplace. Too bad your kid didn't ask that piece of shit, Schefter, for an autograph hahahaha.

sharpe1027
05-08-2021, 11:35 AM
Media do what they do because we eat it up as fans. If we didn't read/watch they'd report on something else. It's on us as fans and consumers.

texaspackerbacker
05-08-2021, 11:59 AM
Speak for yourself, Sharpe hahahahahaha. I suitably HATE the shitheads - even in the rare instances where I agree with them.

sharpe1027
05-08-2021, 02:26 PM
Speak for yourself, Sharpe hahahahahaha. I suitably HATE the shitheads - even in the rare instances where I agree with them.

I'm not sure what you mean It's not about liking them. You read or watch their content, you contribute to the same shit happening again and again. Even discussing their stories here drives others to read/watch their content.

They're just giving the public what they demand.

wist43
05-08-2021, 04:12 PM
Media do what they do because we eat it up as fans. If we didn't read/watch they'd report on something else. It's on us as fans and consumers.

I don't watch that crap... it's tabloid bullshit. It's why I dont post in the ARod this and that threads. This thread is as close as I've come.

They start in with that kind of shit I flip the channel. I want to see actual football content, and player analysis, not "mom, tommy stuck a booger in my eye".

Most of you guys eat that Oprah Winfrey, 'The View" nonsense up though... so, enjoy.

sharpe1027
05-08-2021, 04:59 PM
I don't watch that crap... it's tabloid bullshit. It's why I dont post in the ARod this and that threads. This thread is as close as I've come.

They start in with that kind of shit I flip the channel. I want to see actual football content, and player analysis, not "mom, tommy stuck a booger in my eye".

Most of you guys eat that Oprah Winfrey, 'The View" nonsense up though... so, enjoy.

Yep. If someone watches it, that's fine by me. Putting the blame on someone in the media for the content you're watching, however, usually calls for a hard look in the mirror. People seek out controversial stuff, whether they agree or want to complain about it.

texaspackerbacker
05-08-2021, 07:03 PM
I'm not sure what you mean It's not about liking them. You read or watch their content, you contribute to the same shit happening again and again. Even discussing their stories here drives others to read/watch their content.

They're just giving the public what they demand.

No, it's about believing them - or not. Some do. I certainly do not.

However, it's more than that IMO. I suspect many, maybe most of those assholes have agendas to stir up trouble - for a variety of reasons, including but not limited to dragging out a story to keep their bullshit on people's minds.

sharpe1027
05-09-2021, 07:12 AM
No, it's about believing them - or not. Some do. I certainly do not.

However, it's more than that IMO. I suspect many, maybe most of those assholes have agendas to stir up trouble - for a variety of reasons, including but not limited to dragging out a story to keep their bullshit on people's minds.

Maybe it's about believing them to you, but you seem to be completely ignoring my point. The reason they put out the crap you don't agree with is because it pays their salaries. The reason it pays their salaries is people read or watch. The ad revenue come in because of the numbers, and it doesn't matter whether the people watching agree.

texaspackerbacker
05-09-2021, 08:38 AM
Isn't that what I said? - the dragging it out thing? However, I do think there's more to it than that too - at the risk of sounding a little bit paranoid, I think a lot of these bastards are intentionally trying to do harm for whatever reason to a long term successful team, the team we all love and support.

This whole shitstorm is in a "no news is good news" phase now, with negotiations probably going on behind the scenes. That's also where it probably was the day of the draft when this media shithead stirred up trouble.

sharpe1027
05-09-2021, 09:19 AM
Isn't that what I said? - the dragging it out thing? However, I do think there's more to it than that too - at the risk of sounding a little bit paranoid, I think a lot of these bastards are intentionally trying to do harm for whatever reason to a long term successful team, the team we all love and support.

This whole shitstorm is in a "no news is good news" phase now, with negotiations probably going on behind the scenes. That's also where it probably was the day of the draft when this media shithead stirred up trouble.

You responded to my point by saying "no" followed by a different argument -- about believing the media. Dragging it out means nothing if people don't tune in. They drag it out because people are still consuming the storyline. We get what we ask for by our behavior.

texaspackerbacker
05-09-2021, 07:48 PM
Well, "people" are not a collective unified entity. I'd say a very small percentage believe media crap, but a very large percentage "tune in to it", and in many cases, get pissed off and/or stressed about it. That's where the "dragging out" becomes a relevant factor. And then there is the team and the player perception of what people are thinking - which may or may not be accurate. A few boos can seem like a lot more than there really is. In other words, you're right - which, of course, is because you're saying basically the same thing I'm saying hahahahaha.

sharpe1027
05-09-2021, 10:19 PM
Well, "people" are not a collective unified entity. I'd say a very small percentage believe media crap, but a very large percentage "tune in to it", and in many cases, get pissed off and/or stressed about it. That's where the "dragging out" becomes a relevant factor. And then there is the team and the player perception of what people are thinking - which may or may not be accurate. A few boos can seem like a lot more than there really is. In other words, you're right - which, of course, is because you're saying basically the same thing I'm saying hahahahaha.

What are you saying exactly? I'm saying most people complaining about the media watch the stuff they complain about thereby guaranteeing they see the same stuff in the future. Blaming the media for delivering what people demand is shooting the messenger.

texaspackerbacker
05-09-2021, 10:51 PM
I said twice already. Now you have too. Do we really need to say the same thing a third time?

King Friday
05-10-2021, 07:02 AM
I'm not sure this is a public opinion battle. I honestly believe the Packers front office wants Rodgers under center for the next 3 years as long as he continues to produce, which there is no reason to expect otherwise. Gute came out and openly admitted he errored, which isn't something you normally hear from any NFL GM.

So, if they want Rodgers back, then a public spat trying to win the media relations battle is entirely counter to their goal. I expect the Packers will bend over backwards at this point to keep Rodgers...mostly because the front office will all lose their jobs if the team takes a significant step back due to this situation...as Gute already admitted the error was self inflicted. They now own it. However, Rodgers isn't the kind of guy who gets over stuff...so the Packers may not have a chance to fix the blunder regardless. It will be an interesting few months for sure.

Zool
05-10-2021, 08:00 AM
Us for making a big deal of it.

Sharpe with the facts.

Zool
05-10-2021, 08:02 AM
The media’s job is to do exactly what they are doing.

Schefter dropping a story like this 2 hours before the draft with no sources is not his job. He should be fired.

Zool
05-10-2021, 08:03 AM
What are you saying exactly? I'm saying most people complaining about the media watch the stuff they complain about thereby guaranteeing they see the same stuff in the future. Blaming the media for delivering what people demand is shooting the messenger.

You know this already Sharpe, but you're pissing in the wind with this guy.

King Friday
05-10-2021, 08:25 AM
Schefter dropping a story like this 2 hours before the draft with no sources is not his job. He should be fired.

No...Mad is correct. What Schefter did is precisely what the media wants to do these days. His work will earn rave reviews from his superiors. I think we all generally agree it is utter crap, but eyeballs and clicks rather than substance are all that matters now.

You may not like it, but that is the way it is. Mad was simply calling a spade a spade.

texaspackerbacker
05-10-2021, 01:55 PM
That may be "what the media wants to do these days", but who gives a shit what those media bastards want. I very much doubt that very many fans i.e. regular people want to see their favorite team or players fucked over by these stinking lying media pieces of shit. The fact that their fellow asshole peers and superiors cheer them on just show what a bunch of rotten bastards all of them are. And I say again, virtually any of us in here could do just as good a job of writing commentary and a better job of presenting facts.