PDA

View Full Version : KRo story from 107.5, The Fan

b bulldog
09-13-2006, 05:58 PM
This morning on The Fan, the host had someone on from the Seahawk's organization who said he really hopes that Koren finally gets his act together because he is a super nice young man. He did say he is immature and seems to need a mentor/babysitter at times but he reitorated on numerous occassions how nice the kid is. He told a story of koren getting blasted many a nights and throwing up in the lockerroom and reaking like a brewery at practice. He said that his drinking made him late for practice many times and Holmgren always stated that he should buy Koren an alarm clock. koren was taken under Mike's wing, he tried to treat Koren as the son he never had but finally tired of his off field problems and had to cut the tie with Koren. One story that he told which was real eye opening was that near the end of his stay in Seattle, Koren would be out late three or four nights a week and instead of going home and being late for practice(fine$$$) he would keep drinking in his car in the Seahawk parking lot and his fellow players would wake him in the morning and usually find a bunch of empties in his car. He noted that on one occassion, he drank a twelve pack in his car after he came back to the parking lot from a long night out. This was all on the 9am show this morning. The guy has bigtime problems and hopefully this story doesn't end in a tragic note.

Jimx29
09-13-2006, 06:04 PM
I suspect that all along the one major problem is, and this does happen to allot of other players, is that here we have a very young person, who all of a sudden has major disposable cash after finally making it to the big time.

I can pretty much guarantee you that if I all of a sudden came into 500k or more, you'd be seeing some very hardcore behavior too :D

Fritz
09-13-2006, 06:08 PM
I suspect that all along the one major problem is, and this does happen to allot of other players, is that here we have a very young person, who all of a sudden has major disposable cash after finally making it to the big time.

I can pretty much guarantee you that if I all of a sudden came into 500k or more, you'd be seeing some very hardcore behavior too :D

Nah...the only difference is that he's buying microbrewed beer instead of Leinenkugels.

Fritz
09-13-2006, 06:09 PM
This morning on The Fan, the host had someone on from the Seahawk's organization who said he really hopes that Koren finally gets his act together because he is a super nice young man. He did say he is immature and seems to need a mentor/babysitter at times but he reitorated on numerous occassions how nice the kid is. He told a story of koren getting blasted many a nights and throwing up in the lockerroom and reaking like a brewery at practice. He said that his drinking made him late for practice many times and Holmgren always stated that he should buy Koren an alarm clock. koren was taken under Mike's wing, he tried to treat Koren as the son he never had but finally tired of his off field problems and had to cut the tie with Koren. One story that he told which was real eye opening was that near the end of his stay in Seattle, Koren would be out late three or four nights a week and instead of going home and being late for practice(fine$$$) he would keep drinking in his car in the Seahawk parking lot and his fellow players would wake him in the morning and usually find a bunch of empties in his car. He noted that on one occassion, he drank a twelve pack in his car after he came back to the parking lot from a long night out. This was all on the 9am show this morning. The guy has bigtime problems and hopefully this story doesn't end in a tragic note.

Sounds like me in college.

b bulldog
09-13-2006, 06:14 PM
One thing that makes me wonder how bad this all is, is that the Patriots basicly have a bunch of junk at the WR position and they wouldn't even touch him.

GBRulz
09-13-2006, 07:50 PM
:beat:

BallHawk
09-13-2006, 08:10 PM
He did say he is immature and seems to need a mentor/babysitter at times

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2005/players/09/27/questions1003/t1_driver.jpg

b bulldog
09-13-2006, 08:19 PM
Beating a dead horse?? wHATEVER, thought this shows how bad things are for Robinson as a person, my bad :roll:

BallHawk
09-13-2006, 08:20 PM
She just likes using it because it it's new. :mrgreen:

MJZiggy
09-13-2006, 08:26 PM
I think Brett already volunteered for babysitting duty. Someone had posted a quote by him that made me feel a lot better.

GBRulz
09-13-2006, 08:33 PM
Beating a dead horse?? wHATEVER, thought this shows how bad things are for Robinson as a person, my bad :roll:

It's fun to get under people's skin and get them a little riled up, isn't it, Bulldog? :wink:

b bulldog
09-13-2006, 08:33 PM
Donald is a wonderful story and a true professional

Packers4Ever
09-13-2006, 10:45 PM
This morning on The Fan, the host had someone on from the Seahawk's organization who said he really hopes that Koren finally gets his act together because he is a super nice young man. He did say he is immature and seems to need a mentor/babysitter at times but he reitorated on numerous occassions how nice the kid is. He told a story of koren getting blasted many a nights and throwing up in the lockerroom and reaking like a brewery at practice. He said that his drinking made him late for practice many times and Holmgren always stated that he should buy Koren an alarm clock. koren was taken under Mike's wing, he tried to treat Koren as the son he never had but finally tired of his off field problems and had to cut the tie with Koren. One story that he told which was real eye opening was that near the end of his stay in Seattle, Koren would be out late three or four nights a week and instead of going home and being late for practice(fine$$$) he would keep drinking in his car in the Seahawk parking lot and his fellow players would wake him in the morning and
usually find a bunch of empties in his car. He noted that on one occassion, he drank a twelve pack in his car after he came back to the parking lot from a long night out. This was all on the 9am show this morning. The guy has bigtime problems and hopefully this story doesn't end in a tragic note.

Pretty sad, that guy has a major problem to battle.
But Cap'n Holmgren putting up with this right under his nose? He must have mellowed some after he left GB. (actually, I still miss the guy and wish he was back)

KYPack
09-14-2006, 09:05 AM
:beat:

Where do you FIND all this shit, GBM?

MJZiggy
09-14-2006, 09:09 AM
click on "more emoticons" from our emoticons menu...)

rbaloha1
09-14-2006, 10:23 AM
For better or worse, Green bay loves tradition (ok sherman messed it up). Recently, so called problem players (Andre Rison, Grady Jackson, etc.) greatly assisted with super bowl/playoff runs.

Koren will not be an impact player this season. However, in 1-2 seasons, green bay will be back in playoff contention due to TT's previous drafting and transactions.

Patience, packer fans--Lombardi, Holgremn and Sherman failed to make the playoffs during their initial seasons.

This season will be tough to bear (no pun intended) but just watch the reinitiation of the Ron Wolf legacy.

:smile:

Fritz
09-14-2006, 12:09 PM
]I think Brett already volunteered for babysitting duty. [/b] Someone had posted a quote by him that made me feel a lot better.

Mark Chmura volunteered, too, but he thought it was babysitter duty.

Ooooh, that was mean. Ouch. Sorry, Mr. Chmura. My resistance is low.