PDA

View Full Version : Which Trade Package?

HarveyWallbangers
05-28-2021, 10:47 PM
Read an article of potential trade packages for the Packers.

Which trade package would you choose?

call_me_ishmael
05-28-2021, 11:54 PM
Miami. The offer would be Tua and a #3 though, not multiple premier picks IMO.

texaspackerbacker
05-29-2021, 02:06 AM
You forgot the none of the above choice.

Tua is a half step above garbage. I wouldn't be surprised if Miami wanted to throw him in.

Is there any actual knowledge on display in this article at all? Or just the lame speculation of some half-assed media puke? I suspect the latter.

sharpe1027
05-29-2021, 07:22 AM
You forgot the none of the above choice.

Tua is a half step above garbage. I wouldn't be surprised if Miami wanted to throw him in.

Is there any actual knowledge on display in this article at all? Or just the lame speculation of some half-assed media puke? I suspect the latter.

No, he didn't. The whole point is to compare them as a thought exercise. We already know your position is not to do a trade under any circumstances, and it's obvious the options might be completely fabricated.

Which one looks best to you?

sharpe1027
05-29-2021, 07:25 AM
I'll take the extra first from Denver. None of the players excite me.

bobblehead
05-29-2021, 08:15 AM
I would do the Denver deal in a heartbeat, then deal Lock for whatever I could get as we have our 2 QBs on the roster.

I still find it hard to believe anyone is offering 3 firsts for a 38 y.o. QB

Upnorth
05-29-2021, 08:33 AM
Denver is nice. Would prefer decent d player to qb but whatever. Like bobble said flip lock for anything us 3 1sts. If love is above average we are setup for the next 5 years assuming only a 50% 1st rd bust rate.

It would be tempting to trade the 2022 1st for a 2023 1st and an extra 2022 pick or 2. Then in 2023 trade one of the 3 1st rds for the next year's 1sr d's and a couple picks. It's the never ending gift.

King Friday
05-29-2021, 09:12 AM
Anyone saying we have our QBs right now is talking foolishly. Bortles is trash. He's a backup QB in this league at this point. Love has barely stepped on an NFL field. If you think those two are the QBs for the next couple years, you are delusional.

I don't like any of the QBs in those deals, but I'd be willing to take a chance on Carr in MLFs offense. I can't imagine anyone will give up 3 first round picks for Rodgers...I think getting 2 is possible. If someone does offer 3 and a capable player, I would think you would have to jump at it if Rodgers appears to be willing to burn every bridge on his way out of town.

George Cumby
05-29-2021, 09:42 AM
I'll take the extra first from Denver. None of the players excite me.

Same.

Joemailman
05-29-2021, 09:48 AM
I took Vegas because in he event Love doesn't pan out, I like Carr better than Lock or Tua. And in the event Love does pan out, Carr could have some real trade value.

texaspackerbacker
05-29-2021, 10:29 AM
We could have Russell Wilson, Stafford, anybody you can name other than maybe Mahomes, and the team is at best lower half of the NFL. This whole "thought exercise" is stupid. It reminds me of the Three Stooges" thought exercise - would you rather have your head chopped off or get burned at the stake?. Moe and Larry chose head chopped off, but Curly said, "not me. I'd rather have hot stake than cold chops".

RashanGary
05-29-2021, 10:41 AM
Favre fetched a 3rd round pick. This kind of drama doesn’t always end in a treasure.

sharpe1027
05-29-2021, 10:42 AM
We could have Russell Wilson, Stafford, anybody you can name other than maybe Mahomes, and the team is at best lower half of the NFL. This whole "thought exercise" is stupid. It reminds me of the Three Stooges" thought exercise - would you rather have your head chopped off or get burned at the stake?. Moe and Larry chose head chopped off, but Curly said, "not me. I'd rather have hot stake than cold chops".

I don't like chick flicks. Instead of going to an action movie, I'm going to take Tex's approach and buy a ticket to a chick flick so I can show up and tell everyone else there to see the movie how stupid they are.

GTFO.

HarveyWallbangers
05-29-2021, 10:54 AM
Favre fetched a 3rd round pick. This kind of drama doesn’t always end in a treasure.

Favre always talked about retirement though. Since then, Manning and Brady went to new teams as old men and won Super Bowl titles.

texaspackerbacker
05-29-2021, 01:18 PM
I don't like chick flicks. Instead of going to an action movie, I'm going to take Tex's approach and buy a ticket to a chick flick so I can show up and tell everyone else there to see the movie how stupid they are.

GTFO.

I don't get it ..... are you saying the Three Stooges are a chick flock? Or this poll is a chick flick? The only one I called stupid is you, Sharpe.

Upnorth
05-29-2021, 02:23 PM

I think you ment at worst top half of the league. Great ol rb olb and s. Very good place kicker. Above average te. Average wr. Below average dl and ilb. Shit special teams. No way are we below half.

Average CB if stokes is a bust. Good if he is ok.

sharpe1027
05-29-2021, 02:24 PM
I don't get it ..... are you saying the Three Stooges are a chick flock? Or this poll is a chick flick? The only one I called stupid is you, Sharpe.

Chick flick is this thread. You're the person coming into the movie theatre just to tell everyone how stupid you think the movie is.

Zool
05-29-2021, 04:40 PM
Denver if they can leave Lock behind. They a,ready signed a mediocre QB this off-season. Why add another?

texaspackerbacker
05-29-2021, 06:13 PM
I think you ment at worst top half of the league. Great ol rb olb and s. Very good place kicker. Above average te. Average wr. Below average dl and ilb. Shit special teams. No way are we below half.

Average CB if stokes is a bust. Good if he is ok.

I hope you're right, and more than that, I hope we never get to find out one way or the other - not for at least 4 or 5 years anyway. I can't help thinking, though, everybody else on offense is made better by Rodgers, even Jones, who I have an extremely high opinion of, and arguably even the defense is better because of Rodgers and the offense getting ahead on the scoreboard and/or keeping them off the field. Nobody is more optimistic than I am - most of the time, but losing basically the best player ever to play the game would IMO drag the Packers way down - I stand by lower half record-wise or worse even with a lot of pretty good players still there.

red
05-29-2021, 07:43 PM
i wouldn't want any of their shitty QB's as part of the deal

Bretsky
05-29-2021, 09:39 PM
Denver if they can leave Lock behind. They a,ready signed a mediocre QB this off-season. Why add another?

Blake Bortles is mediocre ? :))

HarveyWallbangers
05-29-2021, 11:52 PM
i wouldn't want any of their shitty QB's as part of the deal

I'd take Carr. He's kind of in that Kirk Cousins range at QB--which might allow the Pack to win the division if Love isn't ready in the next two years. His contract fits (under $20M/year for the next 2 years and could be cut with $0 dead cap space after this season), and I think he could be pretty good with MLF. I don't want Lock or Tua. I'd take Love over those two guys at this point--and that would be quite the circus the team would have to deal with.

King Friday
05-30-2021, 08:37 AM

Favre wasn't on the market the year after a 42 year old QB won the super bowl.

King Friday
05-30-2021, 08:40 AM
I hope you're right, and more than that, I hope we never get to find out one way or the other - not for at least 4 or 5 years anyway. I can't help thinking, though, everybody else on offense is made better by Rodgers, even Jones, who I have an extremely high opinion of, and arguably even the defense is better because of Rodgers and the offense getting ahead on the scoreboard and/or keeping them off the field. Nobody is more optimistic than I am - most of the time, but losing basically the best player ever to play the game would IMO drag the Packers way down - I stand by lower half record-wise or worse even with a lot of pretty good players still there.

Again... How do you explain the Bears at 8-8 last year. Their roster is vastly inferior to ours, with a shitty QB.

The Packers with a capable starting QB are still a 10 win team.

Upnorth
05-30-2021, 09:50 AM

Thats if he maximizes his upsude

Zool
05-30-2021, 10:06 AM

I’m trying to be more kind. He sucks.

run pMc
05-30-2021, 11:33 AM
What is the market value for a future HOF, previous season MVP QB? They are so rare and valuable you just don't give them up.

Of the three offers,
I'd take Vegas first, because if you're getting a QB back in trade, and you should, it's one who's done it before in Carr. He makes the occasional dumb play, but I think he's better than many give him credit for, and he's played on some terrible Raider teams.
As others mentioned, Carr also has some trade value, and he could keep the team afloat in a system that is pretty QB friendly. SF has won games with worse QBs. He might be able to keep his former WR1 from Fresno State around in G&G with an extension.
It would also be awesome to see how long before Rodgers and Gruden have some kind of personality conflict. Finally, I'm not sure they'd get very far in that division with Mahomes at the top and LAC improving. Unless KC falls off a cliff, everyone else is basically fighting for a WC spot.

Trading with Denver for the extra pick is appealing, but I'd almost prefer getting Bridgewater over Lock as a QB in trade. Tim Patrick is a bit underrated, but GB has a bunch of WRs and I'm not sure where he fits.

Re: Tua, if he had fallen to 26 we'd probably be very excited about him, but I have serious questions about him. Either way I expect he answers them this season. Also, the media circus around QB competition could be a mess... not that the current situation isn't. Maybe if they threw in a good defensive player, but the LV offer still looks best to me.

texaspackerbacker
05-30-2021, 01:21 PM
Again... How do you explain the Bears at 8-8 last year. Their roster is vastly inferior to ours, with a shitty QB.

The Packers with a capable starting QB are still a 10 win team.

Who says their roster is "vastly inferior" to ours? (of course, the Bears still suck, and I'm a little uncomfortable defending them at all hahahaha, but .....)

Khalil Mack, Akeem Hicks, Roquan Smith, Eddie Jackson, Goldman, Trevathan, borderline decent Corners, that amounts to a high quality defense. And on offense, Allen Robinson is damn good - who knows how good if he had somebody like Rodgers throwing to him. Their O Line seems like crap, but what do I always say? O Line ain't that big a deal anyway. If they had stuck with Trubisky at QB, they might have had a better record yet. What were they, 3-1 when they dumped him?

sharpe1027
05-30-2021, 01:32 PM
Regarding the value of Carr vs. the extra Denver first rounder. If Carr were to be actively traded they would get a first round pick for him? I'm thinking no, and therefore, it's a worse deal.

run pMc
05-30-2021, 02:46 PM
Regarding the value of Carr vs. the extra Denver first rounder. If Carr were to be actively traded they would get a first round pick for him? I'm thinking no, and therefore, it's a worse deal.

True. I don't know they could get a R1 for him. However, Carr could start right away and buy Jordan Love more time to develop, and be a hedge against the chance he never does. Would also give GB time to look for that eventual successor in that case. I'm not convinced Lock is that QB, although he could turn into an ok backup. I guess if Love and Lock were the QBs on the roster and neither worked out they'd likely have to package their two R1 picks to move inside the top 5 to take a QB (assuming they didn't land there anyway). It really depends on if you want the extra pick with a greater risk of going 4-12 for a year or more, or maybe being a middling/dark horse contender.

Having the extra picks is definitely nice but there's no guarantee they will pan out.

sharpe1027
05-30-2021, 02:53 PM
The way I look at it none of the trade QBs give them much of a chance to win it all. MAYBE, they could win it all with Carr and I don't disagree he's the best chance. Realistically, though, it's going probably go be Love or someone else. Thus, I don't put much value on any of the QBs being offered in this poll.

bobblehead
05-30-2021, 02:58 PM
Anyone saying we have our QBs right now is talking foolishly. Bortles is trash. He's a backup QB in this league at this point. Love has barely stepped on an NFL field. If you think those two are the QBs for the next couple years, you are delusional.

I don't like any of the QBs in those deals, but I'd be willing to take a chance on Carr in MLFs offense. I can't imagine anyone will give up 3 first round picks for Rodgers...I think getting 2 is possible. If someone does offer 3 and a capable player, I would think you would have to jump at it if Rodgers appears to be willing to burn every bridge on his way out of town.

Bortles took an NFL team to a championship game. He is competent. He was a #3 overall pick. Rodgers? No. Trash? Also no. I would say its just as delusional (or biased) to say Love ISN'T going to be good. I say we have 2 QBs on the roster right now. One a 1st round pick with a season of development and the other a veteran backup who has taken a team to a championship game. To say that opinion is delusional...well, I would say that is someone who is a bit upset that we might lose Rodgers.

bobblehead
05-30-2021, 03:07 PM
I'm baffled at all the Carr love when combined with the Bortles hate. Very similar QBs. Can run just enough. Good at managing short throws. Get rid of the ball quick. I really don't see a difference except the Raiders stuck with Carr while he can't cut it, but the Jaguars lost too many defenders and went full rebuild.

King Friday
05-30-2021, 05:10 PM
Bortles took an NFL team to a championship game. He is competent. He was a #3 overall pick. Rodgers? No. Trash? Also no. I would say its just as delusional (or biased) to say Love ISN'T going to be good. I say we have 2 QBs on the roster right now. One a 1st round pick with a season of development and the other a veteran backup who has taken a team to a championship game. To say that opinion is delusional...well, I would say that is someone who is a bit upset that we might lose Rodgers.

Bortles didn't take a team anywhere. He is a QB in the era of offense who can't even complete 60% of his passes. His team got to the playoffs once because of a miraculous defensive effort. In the playoffs, Bortles threw only 3 TDs in 3 games.

Bortles is garbage.

King Friday
05-30-2021, 05:13 PM
I'm baffled at all the Carr love when combined with the Bortles hate. Very similar QBs.

WTF are you smoking. I don't love Carr, but the guy routinely puts up 95+ QB ratings and throws a much higher completion percentage with fewer INTs. Bortles barely gets over 80.

Carr is a competent NFL QB. As I said before, Bortles is garbage

HarveyWallbangers
05-30-2021, 06:20 PM
I don't hate Bortles or love Carr, but Carr is head and shoulders above Bortles. Bortles had one good year (where he still threw 18 interceptions). His career completion percentage 59.3% and he has a 103-75 career TD-int rate. His best passer rating was 88.2. Carr has made the Pro Bowl three times (none for Bortles). His passer rating has been above 100 twice. His career passer rating is 82.1. He has a 170-71 TD-int rate.

RashanGary
05-30-2021, 06:22 PM
Carr is a good player. Underrated. One of the most underrated QBs in football. You can win with him.

Joemailman
05-30-2021, 06:31 PM
I don't hate Bortles or love Carr, but Carr is head and shoulders above Bortles. Bortles had one good year (where he still threw 18 interceptions). His career completion percentage 59.3% and he has a 103-75 career TD-int rate. His best passer rating was 88.2. Carr has made the Pro Bowl three times (none for Bortles). His passer rating has been above 100 twice. His career passer rating is 82.1. He has a 170-71 TD-int rate.

92.1. :D Carr's only mediocre season was 2017 when he was coming back from a broken leg suffered late in 2016. If he can have 2 straight 100+ passer rating seasons playing for Gruden, he could certainly do that for LaFleur.

Spaulding
05-30-2021, 06:37 PM
Carr is a good player. Underrated. One of the most underrated QBs in football. You can win with him.

I voted for trading with Raiders as I absolutely agree that Carr is underrated. Besides the 2023 2nd rounder is equal to the 2024 1st rounder mostly likely and possible even worth more as I think the Broncos with Rodgers will win quite a few more games than the Raiders with Rodgers. Thus the selection in each of those rounds would correspondingly be higher as well if that holds true.

Bottom line, if Love doesn't pan out or takes longer to development, Carr provides more upside this year and possibly next than Lock would and is quite a bit better than Bortles who is damaged goods and more of a game manager at this point. Or if Love does pan out then you roll with him and Bortles and deal Carr who is under contract for a modest salary and would have far higher trade value than Lock as well.

MadtownPacker
05-30-2021, 08:07 PM
Fuck, I think I have made my support for Fresno St players clear so this would be dream come true. For those worried about stop in offense production, Carr and Adams are a very proven combo. I doubt Davante would even miss the finger-pointing and eyerolls. Shit, good two-shoe like Carr may even elevate the locker room with his optimistic character. Sure it is a contrast from captain dooshbag.

Then we can see how the crybaby does when he isn’t in Green Bay.

George Cumby
05-31-2021, 01:37 PM
I've always liked Carr but have been puzzled by Gruden's apparent dissatisfaction with him.

Joemailman
05-31-2021, 03:05 PM
I've always liked Carr but have been puzzled by Gruden's apparent dissatisfaction with him.

Gruden is always dissatisfied with his QB's.

Zool
05-31-2021, 04:35 PM
Gruden is always dissatisfied with his QB's.

But, I've been told over and over that he's the QB whisperer. ESPN wouldn't lie to me, would they?

Joemailman
05-31-2021, 06:50 PM
But, I've been told over and over that he's the QB whisperer. ESPN wouldn't lie to me, would they?

Gruden won a Super Bowl with the NFL's #1 defense he inherited from Tony Dungy. Since then in 9 seasons he is 64-80 and 0-2 in the playoffs. His ability to get people to overestimate him is quite remarkable.

George Cumby
05-31-2021, 07:17 PM
Gruden won a Super Bowl with the NFL's #1 defense he inherited from Tony Dungy. Since then in 9 seasons he is 64-80 and 0-2 in the playoffs. His ability to get people to overestimate him is quite remarkable.

Not only that, but against his former team, whose offense he authored and knew inside and out.

Bretsky
05-31-2021, 07:37 PM
IF we trade Rodgers I think we should sink or swim with Love. We're not winning a SB in the next couple yrs if he leaves. Take two years and figured out if he's going to be a player

Joemailman
05-31-2021, 09:03 PM
IF we trade Rodgers I think we should sink or swim with Love. We're not winning a SB in the next couple yrs if he leaves. Take two years and figured out if he's going to be a player

If they trade for Carr, no need to throw Love in there if they don't think he's ready. A team as talented as the Packers have a chance to win with someone like Carr until Love is ready.

call_me_ishmael
06-01-2021, 09:53 AM
If they trade for Carr, no need to throw Love in there if they don't think he's ready. A team as talented as the Packers have a chance to win with someone like Carr until Love is ready.

Win what, though? 8 games? Maybe. Super Bowl? I don't think so. If I were GM, and I'm not :), I would do what Theodore did - play the young man and suck because your talented roster will get a unique, once-in-ten-year chance to pick high and fortify the talent. Without Raji and Matthews, for example, the Packers almost certainly would not have won the Super Bowl.

Joemailman
06-01-2021, 10:18 AM
Win what, though? 8 games? Maybe. Super Bowl? I don't think so. If I were GM, and I'm not :), I would do what Theodore did - play the young man and suck because your talented roster will get a unique, once-in-ten-year chance to pick high and fortify the talent. Without Raji and Matthews, for example, the Packers almost certainly would not have won the Super Bowl.

Raiders won 8 game with with Carr last year and I think the Packers are better than the Raiders. Both in terms of player personnel and coaching.

Sparkey
06-01-2021, 11:18 AM
Raiders won 8 game with with Carr last year and I think the Packers are better than the Raiders. Both in terms of player personnel and coaching.

That is not possible. I thought the narrative was Rodgers carries the team when they win but the team fails Rodgers when they lose ? :roll:

RashanGary
06-01-2021, 12:11 PM

True. The Packers had a lot of things go right in a short span. Shields being undrafted and good helped too. They should have won one more but Collins got injured.

George Cumby
06-01-2021, 12:19 PM
Packers contend with Carr.

Spaulding
06-01-2021, 12:56 PM
True. The Packers had a lot of things go right in a short span. Shields being undrafted and good helped too. They should have won one more but Collins got injured.

Don't forget the loss of Finley as well. Wonder what the trends are on key players being forced to prematurely retire due injuries (Sharpe, Collins, Finley).

Are the Packers just unlucky here or that more of the norm overall in the loss of these types of players in their prime?

George Cumby
06-01-2021, 01:00 PM
Don't forget the loss of Finley as well. Wonder what the trends are on key players being forced to prematurely retire due injuries (Sharpe, Collins, Finley).

Are the Packers just unlucky here or that more of the norm overall in the loss of these types of players in their prime?

I think it is a case of sampling bias. We just know the Packers roster better than other teams.

Fritz
06-01-2021, 02:41 PM
Packers contend with Carr.

Right now they are having to contend with Aaron Rodgers...

George Cumby
06-01-2021, 03:54 PM
Right now they are having to contend with Aaron Rodgers...

You very funny man!

woodbuck27
06-01-2021, 07:25 PM
Fuck, I think I have made my support for Fresno St players clear so this would be dream come true. For those worried about stop in offense production, Carr and Adams are a very proven combo. I doubt Davante would even miss the finger-pointing and eyerolls. Shit, good two-shoe like Carr may even elevate the locker room with his optimistic character. Sure it is a contrast from captain dooshbag.

Then we can see how the crybaby does when he isn’t in Green Bay.

Yup !