PDA

View Full Version : IF AROD DOES NOT PLAY FOR GREEN BAY NEXT YEAR

Bretsky
06-01-2021, 10:13 PM
Let's say Rodgers stays strong, stubborn, and decides not to be a Packes. Where do you want to see AROD next year ?

Sitting his ass home and rotting ?

Playing for anybody; start bidding boyz

Playing only in the opposite conference to the team who offers the most

George Cumby
06-01-2021, 11:00 PM
IDGAF wasn't an option.

texaspackerbacker
06-01-2021, 11:03 PM
I'd rather see him retire than play for anybody else, but I seriously doubt any of those possibilities happen. He'll be playing for the Packers, as he obviously should.

Good Poll = probably gonna be a fairly even split.

Sitting home rotting? More like hosting Jeopardy, commentating NFL games, and maybe acting in a few movies.

Spaulding
06-02-2021, 08:44 AM
No way he sits. You just don't turn a person's competitive nature off and given his prior comments about playing into his 40's then it's almost a lock he's playing somewhere this season. Whether with the Packers or another team is really the debate and I'm guessing Gute would never trade him to another NFC team. So AFC was my pick.

call_me_ishmael
06-02-2021, 10:38 AM
If he must be dealt, then I would take the best deal and not worry about where I'm trading him. If I'm worried about where I'm trading him, then why am I trading him in the first place?

Anti-Polar Bear
06-02-2021, 10:55 AM
IDGAF wasn't an option.

Yeah, the Mother of Dragons should shut up and spread her legs. The burger flipper should shut up and flip. And the Great Arm of Butte should shut up and play.

Uncool Pack fans are obviously oblivious of…see Musings of a Polar Bear thread in FYI.

Upnorth
06-02-2021, 11:53 AM
Yeah, the Mother of Dragons should shut up and spread her legs. The burger flipper should shut up and flip. And the Great Arm of Butte should shut up and play.

If you sign a contract read the fine print. If you dont like it don't sign.

For example I could get a 10 year land loan @ 3.29% with shitty repayment options or a 5 year @ 2.74 right now. The 0.5% plus better terms hrs long term stability.... I read the fine print and need to make a choice.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-02-2021, 12:11 PM
If you sign a contract read the fine print. If you dont like it don't sign.

For example I could get a 10 year land loan @ 3.29% with shitty repayment options or a 5 year @ 2.74 right now. The 0.5% plus better terms hrs long term stability.... I read the fine print and need to make a choice.

12 ain’t holding out for more frogskins. He’s boycotting the Packers b/c the 3-headed monster of Murphy/Gutekunst/Ball doesn’t do things the “right way.” Get rid of the cuckoo monster!

George Cumby
06-02-2021, 12:50 PM

FML.

We agree on something.

Zool
06-02-2021, 03:26 PM
IDGAF wasn't an option.

Say it again for those in the back.

Bretsky
06-02-2021, 11:00 PM
IDGAF wasn't an option.

If you want to make options, go create some dam polls so I can vote :))))

King Friday
06-03-2021, 07:23 AM
I want the Packers to hold firm and force Rodgers to eat fines and stare a potential missed year in the face before they look to move him. It is easy for him to whine now. It will be harder when he is actually staring a $30M loss to his bottom line square in the face. However, if there is ultimately no chance at reconciliation at that point, then you move him for the best deal to a team in the AFC and start the era of Love.

Upnorth
06-03-2021, 07:28 AM
Last year football outsiders did an awesome dynasty series. Here is this years version.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2021/anti-dynasty-rankings-51-57-featuring-barry-sanders-lions#comments

Funny stuff

bobblehead
06-03-2021, 09:58 AM
I have to know what trades are on the table for real. 3 firsts and I want the trade. Less than that and no deal let him sit.

call_me_ishmael
06-03-2021, 11:20 AM
I have to know what trades are on the table for real. 3 firsts and I want the trade. Less than that and no deal let him sit.

I have to imagine the reason he is still here is because there is nothing even close to that available. We shall see. I just don't see how that math works out for any team. Homeboy ain't 21 year old Trevor Lawrence.

run pMc
06-03-2021, 12:55 PM
I think they're playing a game of chicken with him. He's under contract and will start getting fined next week. I suspect Rodgers holds out until training camp, but if the situation is not resolved by then and he doesn't show up for training camp I could see them taking calls and moving him for a good offer.
That would certainly have to be 2 1sts and a player or two. Not sure about the cap ramifications, I expect they'd eat a good chunk of money but at least they'd get something for it.

They don't want to trade him in the conference, because they don't want him playing against them. If you have trouble understanding that, imagine trading him to the Bears, Vikings, or 49ers. Same thing when they traded Bert Farve to NYJ...made him wait an extra year to get to MIN and stick it to Ted.

texaspackerbacker
06-03-2021, 01:42 PM
I think Rodgers knows right now what he's gonna do, and that is take the extension that the Packers have apparently offered him. I think he's just making Gutekunst sweat a little bit before coming in. When will that be? He certainly can afford the fines, and he probably does not need the training camp regimen. I expect him to sign an extension and come in just before or maybe a little bit into training camp.

The poll says "want", not "expect". I absolutely do not want to see Rodgers playing for anybody else. The Packers would be down the drain for the foreseeable future without him regardless of draft picks or lesser QBs gotten in trade, so I'd rather just watch him hosting Jeopardy or becoming a near-GOAT as a game commentator. Romo is damn good; Rodgers would be better.

bobblehead
06-03-2021, 11:50 PM
I have to imagine the reason he is still here is because there is nothing even close to that available. We shall see. I just don't see how that math works out for any team. Homeboy ain't 21 year old Trevor Lawrence.

No he is not. He is the reigning MVP rather than the kid who still might flop.

call_me_ishmael
06-04-2021, 12:11 AM
No he is not. He is the reigning MVP rather than the kid who still might flop.

38 years old tho. We can agree to disagree. I just don't see. What team would give up those assets for likely 3 years? I get the known entity factor and it is important. Kinda makes you wonder if a team threw 5 or more R1s at Indy in 2012 for Andy Luck.

Upnorth
06-04-2021, 07:23 AM
38 years old tho. We can agree to disagree. I just don't see. What team would give up those assets for likely 3 years? I get the known entity factor and it is important. Kinda makes you wonder if a team threw 5 or more R1s at Indy in 2012 for Andy Luck.

You misspelled john hadl

texaspackerbacker
06-04-2021, 11:58 AM
He also misspelled "38". It's actually 37 until December.

Bretsky
06-04-2021, 06:53 PM
If AROD is not going to show, nothing is gained by letting him rot at home.

It's best for the Packers...assuming reports of 3 first round draft picks plus are correct, to take the best offer they get.

And if that means a NFC with AROD kicks are ass.....well.......look in the mirror management. This isn't all on AROD. He has plenty of faults and is partially to blame. But management has also done a shit job making him feel appreciated over the years.

And I'd best we don't know plenty of it

Fritz
06-05-2021, 11:28 AM
I read something recently that really bothered me - that Gutekunst and the Packers seem willing to "wait out" Aaron Rodgers.

IF that is indeed the case, that is the worst mistake they could possibly make. Playing hardball with one of the greatest QB's of all time who is stubborn and passive/aggressive would be the stupidest kind of management move.

You either get on your knees and give Rodgers the BJ he seems to require - give him a contract extension, apologize publicly for not including him in personnel conversations that directly impact him, promise him more input and that you will listen.

OR you put out trade feelers and milk everything you can get for the guy, and move on.

What you don't do is play hardball. Really, how many of you think Rodgers would not sit out the year, as a "retired" player, work out like a maniac, then sign with the Vikings (or the Lions or whomever) the following year? He is that stubborn. He is that confident in his ability to succeed in such a maneuver. And in that scenario, the Packers get exactly zero return on the greatest Packer QB to play the game. Zero.

The only other way it could play out is the way it did with Brent Favre: Rodgers comes back at the very end of camp, grudgingly, and then goes out of his way to change calls at the line, shows obvious disrespect to the team, sows discord, makes indirectly critical remarks all the time, and generally fucks up the year.

So - if Gutekunst really is stupid enough to think he can just play 1930's boss and bully his player into submission, then he's a bigger idiot than any of us thinks and really needs to be fired. And if Murphy is going along with this, if indeed this is what's happening, then he needs to go pronto for allowing it.

I hope my interpretation of the line I read is incorrect - it was from the Acme Packing Company site - but it did seem to indicate that Gutekunst is happy to let Rodgers twist in the wind until he comes to his senses and comes back.

wist43
06-05-2021, 01:03 PM
I read something recently that really bothered me - that Gutekunst and the Packers seem willing to "wait out" Aaron Rodgers.

IF that is indeed the case, that is the worst mistake they could possibly make. Playing hardball with one of the greatest QB's of all time who is stubborn and passive/aggressive would be the stupidest kind of management move.

You either get on your knees and give Rodgers the BJ he seems to require - give him a contract extension, apologize publicly for not including him in personnel conversations that directly impact him, promise him more input and that you will listen.

OR you put out trade feelers and milk everything you can get for the guy, and move on.

What you don't do is play hardball. Really, how many of you think Rodgers would not sit out the year, as a "retired" player, work out like a maniac, then sign with the Vikings (or the Lions or whomever) the following year? He is that stubborn. He is that confident in his ability to succeed in such a maneuver. And in that scenario, the Packers get exactly zero return on the greatest Packer QB to play the game. Zero.

The only other way it could play out is the way it did with Brent Favre: Rodgers comes back at the very end of camp, grudgingly, and then goes out of his way to change calls at the line, shows obvious disrespect to the team, sows discord, makes indirectly critical remarks all the time, and generally fucks up the year.

So - if Gutekunst really is stupid enough to think he can just play 1930's boss and bully his player into submission, then he's a bigger idiot than any of us thinks and really needs to be fired. And if Murphy is going along with this, if indeed this is what's happening, then he needs to go pronto for allowing it.

I hope my interpretation of the line I read is incorrect - it was from the Acme Packing Company site - but it did seem to indicate that Gutekunst is happy to let Rodgers twist in the wind until he comes to his senses and comes back.

If they let him sit out rather than kiss his ass - he's done in GB. Period. They offered him a contract in a ham-handed way, and have pretty much mangled their handling of everything related to Rodgers and public relations.

So moving forward the only thing that matters is Rodgers value. The manner in which he is ultimately dealt is simply a matter of getting maximum return. Don't think Rodger's would lose much value if he sat a year.

Rodgers shares some blame, but most of this mess is on Gute.

Bretsky
06-05-2021, 02:04 PM

IF that is indeed the case, that is the worst mistake they could possibly make. e comes to his senses and comes back.

Wake up Fritzy

This is exactly what Gutebag the groupies are doing.

red
06-05-2021, 03:01 PM
And if Murphy is going along with this, if indeed this is what's happening, then he needs to go pronto for allowing it.

you're talking about a guy who refused to replace his GM that clearly had major health problems and just turned a blind eye towards his head coach who had mailed it in and with in his office getting happy endings while the offence was having game plan meeting. and has now sat back and let this latest mess between the most important member of the franchise and his GM turn into this cluster fuck

murphy has done a great job with the development around the stadium making sure the team will always make lots of money, but he seems loath to actually make any decision having to do with the actual team

RashanGary
06-05-2021, 03:42 PM
Rodgers will come back. This is the equivalent of calling in after the manager pissed you off. It’s called a spite call. People do it all of the time and then come back to work. R-E-L-A-X . 12 spite called but he’ll come in with a chip on his shoulder after his middle finger to management, he’ll get plugged into the team and get focused on the season. And he’ll be razor sharp and committed to his legacy and another chance at a championship, a pretty good chance too.

King Friday
06-06-2021, 06:19 PM

I completely disagree. Hardball is exactly what you play in this situation. If Rodgers sits out a year, he loses one of the few seasons left in his prime, as well as tens of millions of dollars from his NFL contract. He'll also lose additional tens of millions from endorsements, because of he ain't playing, he's a lousy person to endorse something. Offhand, I'd say Rodgers probably has $75-$100M to lose by sitting out a year.

This isn't like the Carson Palmer situation. The Bengals had a horrible team. They weren't coming off two consecutive trips to the conference title game. Carson stood only to GAIN by leaving Cincinnati. That isn't the case here.

red
06-06-2021, 07:32 PM
What does playing hardball with your most important player and treating him like just a cog in the machine do for our value in the eyes of future free agents?

Davante has already said it might have an Impact on him staying, will any other player ever come to this team again if they think the front office just treats the players as paid slaves?

We could become the Siberia of the NFL again like we use to be

King Friday
06-06-2021, 09:38 PM
What does playing hardball with your most important player and treating him like just a cog in the machine do for our value in the eyes of future free agents?

Davante has already said it might have an Impact on him staying, will any other player ever come to this team again if they think the front office just treats the players as paid slaves?

We could become the Siberia of the NFL again like we use to be

Highly unlikely. Adams may leave because he would look for top dollar if Rodgers isn't around. I don't think Adams would leave because he feels like a slave.

wist43
06-06-2021, 10:57 PM
It doesn't make any sense to do anything other than offer Arod guarantees and get this shit fixed and behind you yesterday. That apparently has about zero chance of happening.

Gute doesn't get it. He's not suddenly going to develop instincts and tact - he's a knob, that's who he is. Murphy seems to be the same.

I fully expect they'll make an even bigger mess of this.

Fritz
06-07-2021, 06:00 AM
I completely disagree. Hardball is exactly what you play in this situation. If Rodgers sits out a year, he loses one of the few seasons left in his prime, as well as tens of millions of dollars from his NFL contract. He'll also lose additional tens of millions from endorsements, because of he ain't playing, he's a lousy person to endorse something. Offhand, I'd say Rodgers probably has $75-$100M to lose by sitting out a year.

This isn't like the Carson Palmer situation. The Bengals had a horrible team. They weren't coming off two consecutive trips to the conference title game. Carson stood only to GAIN by leaving Cincinnati. That isn't the case here.

I think you underestimate both the level of stubbornness and spite that Rodgers has as well as his financial situation. Even if he stood to lose as much as you say, the guy still has bank up the wazoo. He does not need the money, period.

As for losing a valuable year of playing, that is true, but Rodgers also said he intends to play into his mid-40's, so he might not see the loss of one season in service to his bigger picture if getting out of GB as too big a sacrifice. We know too he is supremely confident.

texaspackerbacker
06-07-2021, 11:37 AM
If he says he plans to play "into his mid-40's", why would the Packers leadership or anybody here doubt that he could do that and do it very effectively?

sharpe1027
06-07-2021, 11:42 AM
It doesn't make any sense to do anything other than offer Arod guarantees and get this shit fixed and behind you yesterday. That apparently has about zero chance of happening.

Gute doesn't get it. He's not suddenly going to develop instincts and tact - he's a knob, that's who he is. Murphy seems to be the same.

I fully expect they'll make an even bigger mess of this.

I'm sure you'd agree there has to be some limit to what they can offer. If Rodgers wants 70% of the entire cap fully guaranteed, they need to say "No." It's not as simple as just give him anything he wants.

call_me_ishmael
06-07-2021, 11:46 AM
If he says he plans to play "into his mid-40's", why would the Packers leadership or anybody here doubt that he could do that and do it very effectively?

Because he is oft injured and kind of sucked balls in '17, '18, and was only okay in '19.

He was super human in 2011, 2016, and 2020. What Rodgers will we get next year?

bobblehead
06-07-2021, 11:51 AM
You misspelled john hadl

That was funny and it made me cry...not like tears of laughter either. Ironic.

bobblehead
06-07-2021, 11:54 AM
I have one big question, cuz I have been busy and not following the news.

Where did Russell Wilson, Desean Watson and Aaron Rodgers get traded too. I heard they all were demanding trades and hold all the cards, and I have a fantasy draft coming up so I need to know what teams traded for these guys?

bobblehead
06-07-2021, 11:57 AM
Rodgers will come back. This is the equivalent of calling in after the manager pissed you off. It’s called a spite call. People do it all of the time and then come back to work. R-E-L-A-X . 12 spite called but he’ll come in with a chip on his shoulder after his middle finger to management, he’ll get plugged into the team and get focused on the season. And he’ll be razor sharp and committed to his legacy and another chance at a championship, a pretty good chance too.

This. Yes. When I managed people I would always schedule another body the day after I pissed off an employee. And admittedly if it was a more talented employee I pissed off I would be extra nice to him/her for a couple days after the call in as a passive apology. When it was a lesser employee (josh jones) I would be extra hard on them when they came back hoping they would quit so I could avoid any issues in termination.

bobblehead
06-07-2021, 11:59 AM
Highly unlikely. Adams may leave because he would look for top dollar if Rodgers isn't around. I don't think Adams would leave because he feels like a slave.

God will ultimately tell him to sign with the team that offers the most money. Just like JJ Watt signed with a contender.

Joemailman
06-07-2021, 11:59 AM
I have one big question, cuz I have been busy and not following the news.

Where did Russell Wilson, Desean Watson and Aaron Rodgers get traded too. I heard they all were demanding trades and hold all the cards, and I have a fantasy draft coming up so I need to know what teams traded for these guys?

I'm pretty sure Russell Wilson got traded to the Bears, DeSean Watson got traded to the Packers, and Aaron Rodgers got traded to the 49ers.

texaspackerbacker
06-07-2021, 01:59 PM
Because he is oft injured and kind of sucked balls in '17, '18, and was only okay in '19.

He was super human in 2011, 2016, and 2020. What Rodgers will we get next year?

Uh, no. In his 13 years as the starting QB, Rodgers has missed 18 games out of 208. I'd hardly call that "oft-injured".

And even the years you say he "kind of sucked balls", he was arguably top five among league QBs or better.

red
06-07-2021, 02:52 PM
Yeah, his "off years", maybe 90% of the other teams would have loved to have him during those shitty years

King Friday
06-07-2021, 04:07 PM

Because literally no one in modern football has done this.

Brady would probably officially get there if he survives this season. Things tend to fall off dramatically at the end when guys push it this far. Favre played at an elite level in his next to last season, then absolutely cratered. That is the truth for most players at any position who push to play past 40.

I think most would assume Rodgers has 3 years left for certain at a high level... Barring significant injury. Anything past that is possible, but not likely based on every other NFL QB except Brady... Who is superhuman and has won 7 super bowls.

sharpe1027
06-07-2021, 04:21 PM
Yeah, his "off years", maybe 90% of the other teams would have loved to have him during those shitty years

While true, it doesn't mean there wasn't what looked like a downward trend.

texaspackerbacker
06-07-2021, 04:46 PM
As I've said numerous times, whatever Brady can do, Rodgers can do longer and better.

HarveyWallbangers
06-07-2021, 09:17 PM

Rodgers wasn’t really even a top 10 QB in 2018-2019, so no not entirely true. He still had the stellar interception rate, but everything about his stats and real life play was trending downwards.

He had the second and third worst completion percentage in his career (~62%) and the second and third worst yards/attempt in his career (low 7s). TD % was way down too. Advanced metrics had him between #10-15 best QB in those two years. He was slightly above average those 2 years—not top 10%

HarveyWallbangers
06-07-2021, 09:19 PM
As I've said numerous times, whatever Brady can do, Rodgers can do longer and better.

Nope. Wish I could bet you. In seven years I’d strongly bet against Rodgers still playing at an elite level and winning Super Bowls.

George Cumby
06-07-2021, 10:22 PM
Rodgers wasn’t really even a top 10 QB in 2018-2019, so no not entirely true. He still had the stellar interception rate, but everything about his stats and real life play was trending downwards.

He had the second and third worst completion percentage in his career (~62%) and the second and third worst yards/attempt in his career (low 7s). TD % was way down too. Advanced metrics had him between #10-15 best QB in those two years. He was slightly above average those 2 years—not top 10%

And this is why drafting the heir apparent was a sound personnel move.

George Cumby
06-07-2021, 10:23 PM
Nope. Wish I could bet you. In seven years I’d strongly bet against Rodgers still playing at an elite level and winning Super Bowls.

We'd be lining up for that money.

NewsBruin
06-07-2021, 11:06 PM
FWIW, Rodgers can't wait out his contract or "retire" out of the Packers. Favre un-retired and played for the Vikings only because the Jets waived him. A-Rod can go on a Jeopardy! sabbatical until 2024, but he can't come back to any other team he wants to.

I think Rodgers is looking for more money just to keep score against the front office and other QBs, but it won't apply in reverse. I'm sure he'd go broke for spite, but he'd already got enough for his ex-wife's grandkids to be set for life.

Because the CBA includes a salary cap, Rodgers' "We're sorry we didn't do things 'the right way'" apology signing bonus for a bogus five-year extension will require his teammates to restructure their contracts or get cut. That'll show the top brass who's speaking up for the unappreciated roster-clinger.

call_me_ishmael
06-07-2021, 11:11 PM

Obviously I don't know if he can or not, but I agree with you in that it's very unlikely if only for the reason that *none of Brady's peers have done it*. Manning, Brees, etc all fell off a cliff. There really is something special about Tom, which is probably why he won all of the those Super Bowls.

wist43
06-07-2021, 11:26 PM

And this is why drafting the heir apparent was a sound personnel move.

Rodgers mediocre play had nothing to do with diminishing skills, it was a headcase issue stemming largely from MM and the overall dysfunction at the top of the organization.

The scheme under MM had become stale and Rodgers wasn't inclined to play within it anyway. He held the ball too long looking for big plays, chucked the ball 50 yds downfield when a 10 yr crossing route was wide open and all we needed was 5 yds for a first down, and generally played undisciplined, sandlot football.

His poor play was all about his head being fucked up, and the organization being dysfunctional at the top.

To his credit, Gute steadied the ship, and MF has proven to be a good hire. If Gute hadn't handled the Rodgers situation in such a ham handed way, and hadn't thrown all that draft capital last year - I think we win the SB last year, and would be the favorites to win it this year.

texaspackerbacker
06-08-2021, 01:45 AM

I wish I could bet you too hahahahaha.

P. Manning had the near career-ending neck injury, and Brees was smaller and flimsier all along. Rodgers is used to playing with the massive pass rush against him, has a helluva lot more mobility than Brady, and best of all, he has that mindset not to throw interceptions. Rodgers is six years younger than Brady. If he's still playing in six years, he will be at least as good as Brady was this past year for Tampa. And if he is still playing, it damn well better be for the Packers, or else Gutekunst, Murphy, the whole bunch needs to be run out of town.

King Friday
06-08-2021, 06:56 AM

Except get to the Super bowl... Let alone win.

King Friday
06-08-2021, 06:59 AM
I wish I could bet you too hahahahaha.

P. Manning had the near career-ending neck injury, and Brees was smaller and flimsier all along. Rodgers is used to playing with the massive pass rush against him, has a helluva lot more mobility than Brady, and best of all, he has that mindset not to throw interceptions. Rodgers is six years younger than Brady. If he's still playing in six years, he will be at least as good as Brady was this past year for Tampa. And if he is still playing, it damn well better be for the Packers, or else Gutekunst, Murphy, the whole bunch needs to be run out of town.

Brady wasn't that great last year. He was mediocre. Tampa's defense is what won the title.

bobblehead
06-08-2021, 09:13 AM

Venmo and paypal make a wager easy...but if Rodgers plays to 45 Tex is likely to be dead so he would have to put it in his will.

bobblehead
06-08-2021, 09:21 AM
Rodgers mediocre play had nothing to do with diminishing skills, it was a headcase issue stemming largely from MM and the overall dysfunction at the top of the organization.

The scheme under MM had become stale and Rodgers wasn't inclined to play within it anyway. He held the ball too long looking for big plays, chucked the ball 50 yds downfield when a 10 yr crossing route was wide open and all we needed was 5 yds for a first down, and generally played undisciplined, sandlot football.

His poor play was all about his head being fucked up, and the organization being dysfunctional at the top.

To his credit, Gute steadied the ship, and MF has proven to be a good hire. If Gute hadn't handled the Rodgers situation in such a ham handed way, and hadn't thrown all that draft capital last year - I think we win the SB last year, and would be the favorites to win it this year.

Wist how old are you. Loss of focus is definitely an age related decline in skills. We saw Favre lose his focus on running a winning offense over the years as well. When they traded him he regained his desire for a couple seasons, but then he regressed right back to content. I don't actually want Rodgers anymore to be honest. He has lost his desire. He was mailing it in just like you say. Now, good and pissed and wanting to "win" the battle he had an MVP season. The time to trade him is now. If they re sign him to a monster deal he will be very content and likely be good for us for about 2 years. Then his interest in football will wane again. I think we just saw the absolute best season Rodgers had left and if 3 firsts are on the table you trade him. He is good and motivated for his new team for a year or 2 just to prove he is right. Oh well. By 2023 season I think Rodgers will be Brees of the last 3 years.

And final note to address your final point. If Bak stays healthy OR if Rodgers just runs towards the endzone on 2nd and 3rd down I also think we win the Owl. Not sure drafting someone besides Love was honestly the difference though.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-08-2021, 09:28 AM
Brady wasn't that great last year. He was mediocre. Tampa's defense is what won the title.

4633 passing yards, 40 TDs, 12 picks, 102.2 QBR = MEDIOCRE???

texaspackerbacker
06-08-2021, 11:59 AM
Venmo and paypal make a wager easy...but if Rodgers plays to 45 Tex is likely to be dead so he would have to put it in his will.

Sheeeesh. That's just 8 years. If I don't live to at least 120, I'm gonna be extremely pissed off. Hell, I expect to still be playing tennis at 100 or more.

Saying Brady was mediocre last year is similar to when CMI or somebody said Rodgers "sucked balls" a couple of different years. It was only in comparison to the high standard they have set over the years. Brady was probably still in the top five or so last season, after (in order) Rodgers, Mahomes, Jackson, Allen - that's about all I can think of, maybe on a par with Wilson, Murray, and a couple others.

Do these comments mean that several of you esteemed posters actually don't agree that Rodgers will play with at least the excellence of Brady to at least the age of Brady? Hey Joe or Bretsky or whoever knows how to do a poll, maybe you ought to do one on that question.

Combine whatever talent and physical ability level that will remain at whatever age with Rodgers' wonderful mindset to not throw interceptions - something which should never go away, and he should be able to go on another decade or more.

Fritz
06-08-2021, 03:47 PM

That's what your mother said, too!

texaspackerbacker
06-08-2021, 04:39 PM
hahahahahaha My mother died in her late 70s when Rodgers was 9 and Brady 15 years old.

Bretsky
06-08-2021, 11:08 PM
Sheeeesh. That's just 8 years. If I don't live to at least 120, I'm gonna be extremely pissed off. Hell, I expect to still be playing tennis at 100 or more.

Saying Brady was mediocre last year is similar to when CMI or somebody said Rodgers "sucked balls" a couple of different years. It was only in comparison to the high standard they have set over the years. Brady was probably still in the top five or so last season, after (in order) Rodgers, Mahomes, Jackson, Allen - that's about all I can think of, maybe on a par with Wilson, Murray, and a couple others.

Do these comments mean that several of you esteemed posters actually don't agree that Rodgers will play with at least the excellence of Brady to at least the age of Brady? Hey Joe or Bretsky or whoever knows how to do a poll, maybe you ought to do one on that question.

Combine whatever talent and physical ability level that will remain at whatever age with Rodgers' wonderful mindset to not throw interceptions - something which should never go away, and he should be able to go on another decade or more.

I'm the pollmaster Tex :)))

How would you like me to set it up ? How long does AROD play for ?

He much longer is AROD a top 1/2 of the NFL QB ?

you give me the structure and I'll make the poll

texaspackerbacker
06-09-2021, 12:52 AM
Just a simple yes/no, does Rodgers play to a level equal or better than Brady to the same age where Brady finally is finished? Thanks in advance.