PDA

View Full Version : Habs take the leafs in 7. All is right and good in this world.

Upnorth
06-02-2021, 11:48 AM
The only way this could have been better is if the Bruins were eliminated in the first round as well.

Check out this tribute video by a leafs fan

https://twitter.com/olhughesie/status/1399748940468215815?s=20

Bretsky
06-02-2021, 11:01 PM
European football and hockey are about the same to me. Show me hot chick pics and I'll appreciate the thread

Vincenzo
06-02-2021, 11:36 PM
Price was the difference, but a classic Leaf choke job, nonetheless.

Vincenzo
06-02-2021, 11:51 PM
Price was the difference, but a classic Leaf choke job, nonetheless.But give the Leafs time, you can see they’re clearly building something. And everyone will know the Leafs will have a Stanley Cup contending team again next season.

wist43
06-03-2021, 12:38 AM
European football and hockey are about the same to me. Show me hot chick pics and I'll appreciate the thread

Here ya go... Luna Okko. One of my favorites... the tattoo is criminal!!! You simply don't deface a work of art. :-|

https://images.fancentro.com/h3/rrGGrviRcL5ZpPccyzwPX48xP.4KtY0NWb1Z.Dhh1rhKnWMeq6 e18x3kxIVlun7sIBm3xBNEq-94XR61ujQXpe1UHkjSknPZqckKHKySmjhNVcVsHiFJyNnUPEwR D7GFtOv.HK7WPJ5uhJ82PwMa4DBgQ6wQVp.c2SWahtt51XYBvg cSNJf4iy5aPRr3uhJMCmow4ZxKy3pwECPbHl7dWtI.ERHWZAMz GPhOPotzzDhual9SKqQfZO1.8PdsG4GiTuJ8dksrngGw03iVZt p1tPDW11Zhk7FkJ.Tec8tqMjiS-M2gh7XyYhb0zEM-e-flPzx8ONonjvYW9T1c6VOssA==/w320_h428l.jpg

Bretsky
06-03-2021, 01:15 AM
Here ya go... Luna Okko. One of my favorites... the tattoo is criminal!!! You simply don't deface a work of art. :-|

https://images.fancentro.com/h3/rrGGrviRcL5ZpPccyzwPX48xP.4KtY0NWb1Z.Dhh1rhKnWMeq6 e18x3kxIVlun7sIBm3xBNEq-94XR61ujQXpe1UHkjSknPZqckKHKySmjhNVcVsHiFJyNnUPEwR D7GFtOv.HK7WPJ5uhJ82PwMa4DBgQ6wQVp.c2SWahtt51XYBvg cSNJf4iy5aPRr3uhJMCmow4ZxKy3pwECPbHl7dWtI.ERHWZAMz GPhOPotzzDhual9SKqQfZO1.8PdsG4GiTuJ8dksrngGw03iVZt p1tPDW11Zhk7FkJ.Tec8tqMjiS-M2gh7XyYhb0zEM-e-flPzx8ONonjvYW9T1c6VOssA==/w320_h428l.jpg

LOVELY...something important :))

Upnorth
06-03-2021, 07:12 AM
I like where you are going but my ego demands we talk about the most important things, my kids.

In round 2 my son is a winnipeg Jets fan. I'm a habs fan. Last night was fun. Niether of us are die yards so it was just hacking on each other. He is good for 13. His brain only stops working some of the time.

Let's hope the Islanders can destroy the Bruins.

Also the leafs will ruin Matthew's career. Just wait.

Vincenzo
06-04-2021, 11:59 PM
Maybe the Habs are a Stanley Cup contender. The dream is alive.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-05-2021, 08:20 AM
I like where you are going but my ego demands we talk about the most important things, my kids.

In round 2 my son is a winnipeg Jets fan. I'm a habs fan. Last night was fun. Niether of us are die yards so it was just hacking on each other. He is good for 13. His brain only stops working some of the time.

Let's hope the Islanders can destroy the Bruins.

Also the leafs will ruin Matthew's career. Just wait.

Clay Matthews is now in the NHL?

This thread made me check out ESPN’s NHL page. I discovered that there’s a player named Nick Suzuki. Since when did Asians start playing hockey? What’s next, blacks in the NHL?

Upnorth
06-05-2021, 08:28 AM
Apb, there are some black all stars in the NHL. Watch canadian bacon (john candys's funniest movie imo) and you will see a prediction that will make you smile.

Have up 2-0 on the jets. My son is sick of price but I think the hand d is doing a good job controlling the centre and passing lanes.

Vincenzo, your lips to God's ears. Habs were my first love in sports. But I have become a bigger packers fan because of the importance of each play and each game I think. Hockey is more fun to watch live though.

If you have 90 minutes try to watch this movie.
https://youtu.be/VcPyKQIfNSs

Vincenzo
06-06-2021, 09:15 PM
I’m being told there’s no way the Habs get passed Bruins or Islanders, but I’m not so sure about that now. Price is gaining confidence and the Habs are looking pretty darn good.
1992 is their longest drought in team history (most titles ever) - Leafs is 1967 BC.

Habs all the way now!

Fritz
06-07-2021, 07:24 AM
I have never been a big hockey fan but I did follow the Leafs years ago. But they've been terrible for the most part since I was a kid in '67 when they last won.

That's one hell of a drought.

I hear they are up and coming now, so at least they're not hopeless, but botching a 3 - 1 series lead is some bad ju ju.

Vincenzo
06-07-2021, 10:42 AM
I have never been a big hockey fan but I did follow the Leafs years ago. But they've been terrible for the most part since I was a kid in '67 when they last won.

That's one hell of a drought.

I hear they are up and coming now, so at least they're not hopeless, but botching a 3 - 1 series lead is some bad ju ju.
Oh Fritz, you’re seriously one of the best contributors on this board, I always consider your views.
But I’m aghast you’d make a comment such as, the Leafs “are up and coming now.”

The Leafs brought in Ken Dryden and he left shaking his head, they hired the best coach in Babcock and he ultimately failed getting fired, they’ve mixed young talent with veterans on the Ice, they’ve literally tried every proven approach to winning and it’s always the same old thing year and year out, which is add one more notch to the freaking stink metre.
There’s a hex or a jinx on this team, or perhaps it’s the players who know they’re Gods in Toronto no matter what they do. Fact is that you could feed a Leaf fan a pile of garbage and they’d report it as absolutely delicious. Blind faith while cheering SHIT could be the core root of the issue.

Either way Fritz, sure every Dog gets it’s day, but when it comes to building a Cup contender for the Leafs, expect it in 50 plus years.

Upnorth
06-07-2021, 06:25 PM
Leafs=vikings. It's almost as much pity as hate. But they deserve to lose. Never forget that.

Upnorth
06-07-2021, 06:26 PM
I’m being told there’s no way the Habs get passed Bruins or Islanders, but I’m not so sure about that now. Price is gaining confidence and the Habs are looking pretty darn good.
1992 is their longest drought in team history (most titles ever) - Leafs is 1967 BC.

Habs all the way now!

I pray you are right. I hope the Islanders beat the Bruins. Not out of fear but because the sooner the Bruins lose the better for the universe. Just like when the bears lose.

Upnorth
06-08-2021, 10:21 AM
SWEEP!!!!

Upnorth
06-08-2021, 10:21 AM
And a Bruins loss. Great day.

Guiness
06-08-2021, 10:05 PM
SWEEP!!!!

Impressive indeed! Solid defense, growing confidence in their ability to score and a goaltender who's standing on his head at the right time - there's a chance baby! and I don't want to talk about the Oilers anymore 8-(

Upnorth
06-09-2021, 11:40 PM
And now the Bruins are gone. It just keeps getting better

Upnorth
06-17-2021, 11:56 AM
Great game last night. Golden knights are a tough out. Go habs go

Vincenzo
06-17-2021, 01:47 PM
Looked great the first 2 periods then hung on for dear lifei in the 3rd….. that third goal was a piece of art.
And yes, there’s no doubt the Habs got their hands full.

Upnorth
06-17-2021, 02:28 PM
Looked great the first 2 periods then hung on for dear lifei in the 3rd….. that third goal was a piece of art.
And yes, there’s no doubt the Habs got their hands full.

I was on edge for basically the entire third period. They came out on their heels playing not to lose. Price reminded me a bit of hashek carrying the team for at least 5 minutes.

MadtownPacker
06-17-2021, 08:01 PM
How come no one is petitioning for Upnorth to get banned?

Zool
06-17-2021, 08:02 PM
How come no one is petitioning for Upnorth to get banned?

People don't have a false sense of superiority talking about hockey.

MadtownPacker
06-17-2021, 08:04 PM
People don't have a false sense of superiority talking about hockey.
True we just feel truly superior because he is Canadian. :lol:

But calm yourself down, don’t fuck this thread up like you and your people did the other one.

Upnorth
06-17-2021, 08:11 PM
There's no crying in hockey. Unlike you american political babies....:duel:

Zool
06-17-2021, 08:56 PM
True we just feel truly superior because he is Canadian. :lol:

But calm yourself down, don’t fuck this thread up like you and your people did the other one.

Don't you have some oranges to sell?

Vincenzo
06-19-2021, 05:46 AM
Habs are obviously a sneaky good team.
I thought it was a statistical error when the scoreboard read 25-5 shots on goal for Vegas mid way through the 2nd period.
Pulling off an upset when you’re being completely outplayed has to be frustrating for Vegas.
That was f-ing awesome, Habs all the way!

Upnorth
06-19-2021, 11:46 AM
Vegas out skates them fairly consistently, but montreal is still somewhat dictating the flow some how, eating space quickly and forcing bad angles. In over time it felt like we had the puck 75% of the time, exact opposite if the first period.

Can't believe they missed that high stuxk to the face about a minute before the game ended.

Upnorth
06-20-2021, 11:09 PM
3rd ot game in a row. Cant win them all I guess

Vincenzo
06-22-2021, 11:56 PM
Winning game 5 there is of course the biggest win of the season for Montreal.

My friend lost hope when they lost game 4 in OT, and I gotta admit I was a doubter too.
But now you gotta think Habs return home to win it.

Go Habs!

Freak Out
06-23-2021, 07:42 PM
When the fuck are you going to open the border again?

Joemailman
06-23-2021, 10:03 PM
Islanders force Game 7.

MadtownPacker
06-24-2021, 12:15 AM
There's no crying in hockey. Unlike you american political babies....:duel:Stop please. I am just going to run a search for the word politics and ban anyone who uses it outside of FYI.

Vincenzo
06-24-2021, 10:47 PM
Good job Habs! On to the Cup final.

Upnorth
06-24-2021, 11:09 PM
Go habs go!!!!! Man im in a great mood. Be interesting to see who we draw. I hope its the islanders

MadtownPacker
06-25-2021, 11:54 AM
Do hockey players have hot groupies or ice cold bitches?

Vincenzo
06-25-2021, 01:15 PM
Do hockey players have hot groupies or ice cold bitches?
Upnorth and I grew up with hockey and couldn’t avoid it if we tried. Put it this way, in the middle of August, deep into the offseason it’s front page news in the newspapers when a star player’s wife gets a pimple on her back.
Me I’d much prefer a Packer preseason game on the TV over a game 7 Stanley Cup final game, but just trust me, put on a Montreal Canadians game over the next couple of weeks and you’ll enjoy it. If they hoist the Cup you’ll say that you enjoyed watching the lead up to it

And to answer your question, it’s “ice cubes and Eskimos” up here.

Upnorth
06-25-2021, 01:28 PM
Vincenzo, where are you from? Here they are called puck fucks and they were the elite athletic groupies. As a football player i was definitely second choice.

A hockey game is more fluid and continuously engaging where as the tactics and matchup watching are better in football. I will always be more in awe of what those guys can do with a stick and murder blades on their feet. It is insane. My 13 yr old boy angles me all the time.
And it shows he plays hockey when he is playing soccer. Him and one other boy play both and they have an innate sense on where to be compared to the others. The coaches force them to play against one another during scrimmages or it just isnt fair. And they play on a u17 team. Both are 13. Yes im bragging right now.

MadtownPacker
06-25-2021, 02:22 PM
Upnorth and I grew up with hockey and couldn’t avoid it if we tried. Put it this way, in the middle of August, deep into the offseason it’s front page news in the newspapers when a star player’s wife gets a pimple on her back.
Me I’d much prefer a Packer preseason game on the TV over a game 7 Stanley Cup final game, but just trust me, put on a Montreal Canadians game over the next couple of weeks and you’ll enjoy it. If they hoist the Cup you’ll say that you enjoyed watching the lead up to it

And to answer your question, it’s “ice cubes and Eskimos” up here.Dont get me wrong I admired their sick skills. I have ice skated and can stay up but can’t imagine doing the shit they do. It is the back and forth of the game that I don’t enjoy. Similar to soccer or even basketball at some level.

You gonna have to explain that last sentence.

MadtownPacker
06-25-2021, 02:26 PM
Vincenzo, where are you from? Here they are called puck fucks and they were the elite athletic groupies. As a football player i was definitely second choice.

A hockey game is more fluid and continuously engaging where as the tactics and matchup watching are better in football. I will always be more in awe of what those guys can do with a stick and murder blades on their feet. It is insane. My 13 yr old boy angles me all the time.
And it shows he plays hockey when he is playing soccer. Him and one other boy play both and they have an innate sense on where to be compared to the others. The coaches force them to play against one another during scrimmages or it just isnt fair. And they play on a u17 team. Both are 13. Yes im bragging right now.I could see that. The probably move/react at a much higher
speed because the ice is so fast. The skating probably also gives them badass lateral movement because it works the damn hips so much.

AAs a machismo Mexican bragging about your boy is just showing how proud you are.

Upnorth
06-25-2021, 10:33 PM
Next up grounding the lightning. If we solved the Knights amazing d I kinda like our chances. Ginna be tough series

Vincenzo
06-25-2021, 11:07 PM
Vincenzo, where are you from?

A 5 and half hour drive from the City of your beloved team, yes the home of the Toronto Maple Laughs. A team and it’s’ fans that I have had to endure since my childhood.

I’ve already heard one theory from a Leaf fan here that the Leafs who had you on the brink up 3-1 on OT somehow inspired your Canadians to their success - how selfish is that?

One last thing about the Leafs (I promise) is that I think even their fan base is starting to see that their blind homerism is part of the problem.

Anyhow, I think you’re from Saskatchewan. Congrats on your teams success so far, let’s get that trophy back on our soil brother!

Vincenzo
06-25-2021, 11:15 PM
Dont get me wrong I admired their sick skills. I have ice skated and can stay up but can’t imagine doing the shit they do. It is the back and forth of the game that I don’t enjoy. Similar to soccer or even basketball at some level.

You gonna have to explain that last sentence.
“Ice Cubes and Eskimos” comes from the perception we have as Canadians of how the southern U.S believe we dwell way-way up here so close to the North Pole.
Many Canucks think Southern warm States wonder how we can deal with such a harsh climate, thinking we are Eskimos that live in Igloos and fish and hunt for our food.
Hope that explains it, Amigo.

Upnorth
06-28-2021, 11:34 PM
Well that third period sucked. Sigh.

Fritz
06-29-2021, 07:57 AM
I still think it should be against the law for any team not from a traditional cold-weather city should NOT have a hockey team. Maybe St. Louis gets an exception. FU, Vegas and Florida and California and all those places.

MadtownPacker
06-29-2021, 10:13 PM
“Ice Cubes and Eskimos” comes from the perception we have as Canadians of how the southern U.S believe we dwell way-way up here so close to the North Pole.
Many Canucks think Southern warm States wonder how we can deal with such a harsh climate, thinking we are Eskimos that live in Igloos and fish and hunt for our food.
Hope that explains it, Amigo.And here I was thinking it was a Canadian sexual position!!

MadtownPacker
06-29-2021, 10:14 PM
I still think it should be against the law for any team not from a traditional cold-weather city should NOT have a hockey team. Maybe St. Louis gets an exception. FU, Vegas and Florida and California and all those places.Then you bitches shouldnt have a baseball team!!

I may not watch but the SJ sharks seem popular. Either way it is a white people sport. The only one you guys got left really. :lol:

Zool
06-29-2021, 10:18 PM
Then you bitches shouldnt have a baseball team!!

I may not watch but the SJ sharks seem popular. Either way it is a white people sport. The only one you guys got left really. :lol:

Car racing is sort of a sport right? Darts maybe?

Bretsky
06-30-2021, 08:13 PM
Why don't they have hot chicks in tight unis playing Hockey ? I'd EMBRACE THAT

Cat Fights everywhere !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upnorth
06-30-2021, 10:55 PM
I think we out played the lightning but xouldnt get it in the net.

Crap. Uphill now.

Joemailman
06-30-2021, 11:04 PM
Why don't they have hot chicks in tight unis playing Hockey ? I'd EMBRACE THAT

Cat Fights everywhere !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We let them clear off the ice.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CBniIBiW4AEXbm-.jpghttps://mcdn.wallpapersafari.com/medium/59/24/abQwp5.jpghttps://www.si.com/.image/ar_1:1%2Cc_fill%2Ccs_srgb%2Cfl_progressive%2Cq_aut o:good%2Cw_1200/MTc0NzUzODI2MzcyMDY5MTM1/women-can-do-more-than-just-clean-up-and-cheer-at-hockey-games.jpg

Vincenzo
07-05-2021, 10:20 PM
Hope they come all the way back fer ya, Upnorth!
There’s still a glimmer of hope.

Upnorth
07-07-2021, 02:23 AM
Camping right now.. Very poor internet. But heard we won. Go habs go