PDA

View Full Version : Who breaks out on o?

Upnorth
06-02-2021, 01:04 PM
First time I have ever tried to make a poll.
Who do you think is the surprise 2021 break out player on the offence?

Aj dillion, jace sternberger, Josh deguara and devin funchess?

I personally think it will be dillion but would prefer it to be deguara.

Upnorth
06-02-2021, 01:09 PM
I'm sick of the 12 talk so am trying to diversify.

jklowan
06-02-2021, 01:10 PM
Not in your list but I'll go with Rogers, I think he gets at least 50 catches, gonna be a beast, maybe in the Rookie of the year discussion

Zool
06-02-2021, 03:23 PM
If Jones gets hurt at all, it should be Dillon. If not, Deguara is who I'm hoping for.

HarveyWallbangers
06-02-2021, 03:57 PM
Dillon is the obvious answer here, but I'll go with Jon Runyan. I think Deguara will have underrated value--like Lazard--for things that don't show up in the stats.

Upnorth
06-02-2021, 04:19 PM
I def should have added runyon... I didnt want to include rookies.

Joemailman
06-02-2021, 04:27 PM
Dillon will be the breakout player on the stat sheet. DeGuara will be a big contributor but less noticeable.

RashanGary
06-02-2021, 04:57 PM
Dillon will be the breakout player on the stat sheet. DeGuara will be a big contributor but less noticeable.

Deguara might be a year away with the knee

Spaulding
06-02-2021, 05:05 PM
Surprised Love isn't on the list either. I might as well stir it up a little and say him given he has a good chance of being the starter at the most important position.

George Cumby
06-02-2021, 09:55 PM
Why isn't Jordan Love an option?

Upnorth
06-02-2021, 10:41 PM
I didn't include love because the whole point is im sick of qb drama. Just like my safety thread. Anything but qb for awhile. It's getting old and there are other important things we can discuss. It's like we all became obsessed like Brandon over wr drafts.

Bretsky
06-02-2021, 10:51 PM
I didn't include love because the whole point is im sick of qb drama. Just like my safety thread. Anything but qb for awhile. It's getting old and there are other important things we can discuss. It's like we all became obsessed like Brandon over wr drafts.

LET"S ALL SING IT TOGETHER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7xMfIp-irg

Upnorth
06-03-2021, 07:15 AM
I am going to make a s breakout player poll. I have keke king Barnes in my head. Anyone else I should add? No rookies please.

texaspackerbacker
06-03-2021, 09:46 AM
Of the poll choices, Dillon obviously - pretty much by default. I expect Funchess to be a nothing who may not even make the team and Deguara to be the 3rd, 4th, or even 5th best of our TEs. At this point, I have even less hope for him to amount to anything than Sternberger, who I have a very low opinion of.

My choice, though, if you can call a #1 draft pick a break out player is Eric Stokes. The guy has NFL star written all over him, and I expect Kevin King to fail so miserably that Stokes hits the field sooner rather than later. I expect Myers to reach Corey Linsley level sooner rather than later too, and I have high hopes for Amari Rodgers. We had one helluva good draft.

Oops. I just noticed the thread title after writing my post - o, not d. Oh well.

bobblehead
06-03-2021, 09:57 AM
I'll go darkhorse. If there is any injury to Dillon and Jones, Hill will shine. That is my sort of kind of darkhorse breakout prediction.

Upnorth
06-03-2021, 10:14 AM
Of the poll choices, Dillon obviously - pretty much by default. I expect Funchess to be a nothing who may not even make the team and Deguara to be the 3rd, 4th, or even 5th best of our TEs. At this point, I have even less hope for him to amount to anything than Sternberger, who I have a very low opinion of.

My choice, though, if you can call a #1 draft pick a break out player is Eric Stokes. The guy has NFL star written all over him, and I expect Kevin King to fail so miserably that Stokes hits the field sooner rather than later. I expect Myers to reach Corey Linsley level sooner rather than later too, and I have high hopes for Amari Rodgers. We had one helluva good draft.

Oops. I just noticed the thread title after writing my post - o, not d. Oh well.

Missed it by that much...

Sparkey
06-03-2021, 04:07 PM
Runyan is the guy I think will most impress this year on offense.

red
06-03-2021, 07:35 PM
its probably dillon, he's get plenty of carries and if jones gets hurt he'll get a ton

but it could be funchess, just because we are so desperate for a decent #2 and none of the other guys have shown that they can step up

bobblehead
06-03-2021, 11:45 PM
its probably dillon, he's get plenty of carries and if jones gets hurt he'll get a ton

but it could be funchess, just because we are so desperate for a decent #2 and none of the other guys have shown that they can step up

The MVS I saw in the NFCC game is a 1k yard receiver. If he is close to that player to start the year he gets 1k easy. Is that a breakout?

*assuming Rodgers pulls his head out of his ass.

Upnorth
06-04-2021, 07:21 AM
I personally think mvs has broken out. He is one of the best deep threats in the league and is occasionally mentioned by non packer based media as such. Break out doesn't mean top 10, just means they make a noticeable impact on the game and game plan that media and fans notice.

Bretsky
06-04-2021, 06:55 PM
I expect AJ Dillon to break out. I'm not sure I'd consider it a breakout. I don't expect much out of the other three

I'd go with Runyan. Might take a swing with ILB Martin if he's healthy as well.

red
06-05-2021, 08:16 AM
The MVS I saw in the NFCC game is a 1k yard receiver. If he is close to that player to start the year he gets 1k easy. Is that a breakout?

*assuming Rodgers pulls his head out of his ass.

yeah, but we've seen so many WRs "flash" for a game or two

i can't help but think he gets the targets he gets because we just don't have anyone else other then adams on the team. like a bill schroeder

Upnorth
06-05-2021, 08:18 AM
Dillion is still an unknown virtually in real game. 64 snaps? He qualifies. I never did a d poll. I would include Barnes keke and burks. Any one else I should add then start a poll?

Joemailman
06-05-2021, 09:29 AM
Dillion is still an unknown virtually in real game. 64 snaps? He qualifies. I never did a d poll. I would include Barnes keke and burks. Any one else I should add then start a poll?

I would include Vernon Scott who has a chance at the S/ILB hybrid position. By the way, I almost always include Other as an option in my polls. Can't always think of every possibility.

Upnorth
06-05-2021, 09:59 AM
I have noticed

Fritz
06-05-2021, 11:16 AM

Burks? Oren Burks? The only way that guy's going to break out is if he gets herpes.

wist43
06-05-2021, 11:45 AM

I like Barnes, but he's limited athletically; Burks has the opposite problem - his football instincts are on a par with Brittney Spears.

I have hope for Keke. Hope he makes a leap forward this year.

Fritz
06-07-2021, 07:38 AM
Wist, what do you know of Britney Spears's football instincts?? Maybe she can sniff out a screen play in a millisecond.

bobblehead
06-07-2021, 12:09 PM
yeah, but we've seen so many WRs "flash" for a game or two

i can't help but think he gets the targets he gets because we just don't have anyone else other then adams on the team. like a bill schroeder

Meh...he gets targets because he is open. He drops too many of them just like Lazard. Rodgers simply does not throw into coverage.

HarveyWallbangers
06-07-2021, 08:44 PM
Meh...he gets targets because he is open. He drops too many of them just like Lazard. Rodgers simply does not throw into coverage.

:) Lazard’s hands/ball skills/tracking/contested catch ability are miles ahead of MVS. Yes, MVS has games where he catches the balls thrown to him, but he still doesn’t have good hands. Luckily, they were slightly improved last year. ARod doesn’t throw to MVS much in contested situations because he knows MVS is unlikely to make a contested catch. Most of his receptions are layups and he still drops a fair share. I’d like to see the stat on yards of separation/reception. MVS has to be near the top.

bobblehead
06-08-2021, 09:26 AM
:) Lazard’s hands/ball skills/tracking/contested catch ability are miles ahead of MVS. Yes, MVS has games where he catches the balls thrown to him, but he still doesn’t have good hands. Luckily, they were slightly improved last year. ARod doesn’t throw to MVS much in contested situations because he knows MVS is unlikely to make a contested catch. Most of his receptions are layups and he still drops a fair share. I’d like to see the stat on yards of separation/reception. MVS has to be near the top.

No, his drop rate is actually right in line with MVS. You don't notice it because he has made a couple clutch moment catches and his drops are 8 yard routes that cost us a first whereas MVS is open behind the defense and you REALLY notice his drops.

Look up Lazards drop rate.

Joemailman
06-08-2021, 09:30 AM
No, his drop rate is actually right in line with MVS. You don't notice it because he has made a couple clutch moment catches and his drops are 8 yard routes that cost us a first whereas MVS is open behind the defense and you REALLY notice his drops.

You're right. Same thing happened in 2010. Everybody was on James Jones' case due to drops that would have been big plays. Someone else, I believe Driver, had a similar number of drops but did not incur the wrath of the fans.

HarveyWallbangers
06-09-2021, 12:17 AM

I don't care what the drop rate says. Drops are subjective. I've seen MVS completely miss balls he should catch and those often don't get recorded as a drop. With MVS's speed and improving route running, he gets more separation than Lazard. His drops tend to be more noticeable because most come on easy catches. Rodgers rarely throws MVS balls in contested situations. When he does, it's still a surprise. Basically, what I'm saying is that his ease of catch is higher than Adams, Lazard, or a guy like Jordy Nelson (back shoulders).

Again, MVS has value. Solid value... mainly because of his speed and blocking ability. And his route running has improved quite a bit. His hands have improved, but they are still below average. His contested catch ability is poor, and he doesn't have great hand-eye coordination to track balls down the field consistently. He just isn't natural in his ability to track and catch the ball. Guys like Jones and Adams, Nelson at times, almost every receiver go through periods where they drop the ball, but it's pretty easy to see the guys that should turn it around and the guys that just aren't natural at tracking and catching the ball.

Qadry Ismail had value (1000 yard seasons even), but his lack of natural ability to track and catch led to him having drop issues throughout his career. Doesn't mean he didn't have value. I see a similar trajectory for MVS.

Spaulding
06-10-2021, 03:26 PM
Looks like the pollsters know something. Nobody picked Sternberger which was a good call as it was just reported that he's suspended the first two games of this year. Looking more and more like wasted roster space with him, just need Deguara to come back strong from injury and Dafney to show progression and they can cut their losses. Unless he really flashes in camp I'm guessing he's gone at some point this season given we're likely to only keep four TE's which would leave us with Tonyan/Lewis/Deguara and whoever potentially replaces him.

smuggler
06-13-2021, 12:31 PM
Offense really likes its tight ends. Four sounds right. Deguara is my vote because I think Tonyan will get a lot of attention after last season and Deguara's versatility will allow him to see the field a lot and put up solid stats. I'm thinking 400 yards and 4 TDs, so maybe that doesn't constitute breaking out.

Upnorth
06-13-2021, 06:35 PM
I think 4tds with 400 yards is a breakout for a te, especially in this system from how much they need to block and disguise.