PDA

View Full Version : AROD vs BRADY

Bretsky
06-09-2021, 01:22 AM
Does Aaron Rodgers play as long as Tom Brady at a similar quality of play

Poll request be Tex

texaspackerbacker
06-09-2021, 02:00 AM
Thanks. Emphatically YES!!!! Similar, probably better, and it damn well better be for the Packers.

sharpe1027
06-09-2021, 06:54 AM
It's possible, but there are so many reasons why he might not. Hell, we aren't even sure he'll play this year.

Upnorth
06-09-2021, 07:23 AM
In 100+ years of football it has happened once. Just look at brees and Favre recently. Great and then cliff at 41. Why would rodgers be different?

texaspackerbacker
06-09-2021, 12:17 PM
Sheeeeesh, you guys are serious?

Upnorth
06-09-2021, 01:04 PM
Sheeeeesh, you guys are serious?

I'm not convinced you are looking at this from a probabalistic perspective but rather as a fan

texaspackerbacker
06-09-2021, 02:22 PM
What's a "probabalistic" perspective? It just seems eminently logical, as Mr. Spaak used to say, that in this day and age of rules pampering QBs, etc., somebody like Rodgers who is more athletic, more mobile, and more cerebral, in addition to that wonderful mindset of not throwing interceptions, would be more likely, not just equally likely, to last as long as Brady. Combine that with the fact that he apparently says he intends to play that long, and HOW could ya'all seriously think he would not?

Upnorth
06-09-2021, 02:56 PM
Two season ending collar bone breaks one never allowed to rest and recover knee injury (2019 vrs bears I believe in game 1) and 468 sacks, a lot while on the run which are worse on the body.

I maybe wrong but the odds are long against him.

texaspackerbacker
06-09-2021, 03:39 PM
And Brady missed all but 1 game with a torn ACL in 2008. BFD! That didn't hamper him, and the shit Rodgers had hasn't hampered him since it happened. I was there for that Bears game in 2019, and Rodgers on one leg was/is better than just about anybody else including Brady on two legs. I will give you the fact that Brady had a helluva lot better pass protection over the years than Rodgers, and incredibly, the many of the same fools thinking he will fade away at a younger age than Brady are in denial of that, overly praising the Packers O Lines over the years.

Upnorth
06-09-2021, 04:33 PM
And Brady missed all but 1 game with a torn ACL in 2008. BFD! That didn't hamper him, and the shit Rodgers had hasn't hampered him since it happened. I was there for that Bears game in 2019, and Rodgers on one leg was/is better than just about anybody else including Brady on two legs. I will give you the fact that Brady had a helluva lot better pass protection over the years than Rodgers, and incredibly, the many of the same fools thinking he will fade away at a younger age than Brady are in denial of that, overly praising the Packers O Lines over the years.

Funny how with a quicker pass the line looks better than when the qb holds the ball longer...
But I do think Brady has had some amazing lines just like rodgers. In fact I cant think of one great qb who had a great year without a great line, but that is a different discussion you and I disagree on.

Brady has never used mobility as a key aspect to his game so an acl injury to him isnt a big deal. Any upper body injury would be though. He rarely holds the ball longer than about 2.3 seconds though so way less chance of injury.

Bretsky
06-09-2021, 06:04 PM
I'm not convinced you are looking at this from a probabalistic perspective but rather as a fan

I could say the same about some of the Gutesuckers in here.....lol

Bretsky
06-09-2021, 06:05 PM
I'm siding with Tex....cause his wife is hot :)))

bobblehead
06-09-2021, 06:34 PM
I'll just add this. One of them is in OTAs trying to do everything he can to win another ring and the other is butt hurt. One is motivated by winning the other wants respect or something.

Upnorth
06-09-2021, 06:43 PM
I could say the same about some of the Gutesuckers in here.....lol

How is thinking it is unlikely that rodgers will play well til age 43 equal being a gute fan? The odds of rodgers being good @41 is like 1 in 500 or so.

Bretsky
06-09-2021, 06:47 PM
How is thinking it is unlikely that rodgers will play well til age 43 equal being a gute fan? The odds of rodgers being good @41 is like 1 in 500 or so.

my point was the natural "fan" reaction is to jump on the Gutetrain and condemn Rodgers for not being here

I was not trying to compare the poll; but I did a poor job in decribing it

Zool
06-09-2021, 06:49 PM
my point was the natural "fan" reaction is to jump on the Gutetrain and condemn Rodgers for not being here

You are absolutely projecting that on to anyone who disagrees with you. You’re nearing Tex territory.

sharpe1027
06-09-2021, 08:14 PM

It's almost like you we can't think both are being stupid.

texaspackerbacker
06-10-2021, 01:35 AM
I'm siding with Tex....cause his wife is hot :)))

She says thanks, and I do too. I'm still wondering what "probabalistic" means hahahahaha.

Upnorth
06-10-2021, 07:20 AM
She says thanks, and I do too. I'm still wondering what "probabalistic" means hahahahaha.

Probabalistic is when you use a combination of probability and logic to project a certain outcome in the future. It is far from error free as each new time reference going forward introduces the possibility of new errors in the model but for a fixed time point the logic aspect of it helps provide a better framework. My observation is you replace the logic with fandom. Hence nonprobabalistic outcome. The simplyblogic is the exception (brady) isn't the rule (all other qb > age 40)

Bretsky
06-10-2021, 07:23 AM
It's almost like you we can't think both are being stupid.

To be honest I think there is plenty of fault along both sides.

King Friday
06-10-2021, 07:38 AM
I see very little chance that Rodgers is still playing at a championship level at age 43. Again...in the vast history of the NFL, only 1 guy had accomplished that. He's also the guy who had won more Super Bowls individually in a 20 year career than any franchise has been able to muster over 50 plus.

Brady is an outlier...the GOAT. In terms of physical talent, I believe Rodgers is better, but between the ears NO ONE has what Brady does. His focus and drive to be elite are unmatched. To me, Shailene makes it even less likely that Rodgers will push it to 43. Those two clearly fused almost instantaneously. That will be a distraction to Rodgers moving forward...not necessarily in a bad way, but I think Brady married an equal in terms of drive to compete. Giselle understands where Tom is coming from and supports it fully. I'm not sure the same can be said for a woman who said she never saw herself falling for a guy who throws balls for a living.

SudsMcBucky
06-10-2021, 09:18 AM
I see very little chance that Rodgers is still playing at a championship level at age 43. Again...in the vast history of the NFL, only 1 guy had accomplished that. He's also the guy who had won more Super Bowls individually in a 20 year career than any franchise has been able to muster over 50 plus.

Brady is an outlier...the GOAT. In terms of physical talent, I believe Rodgers is better, but between the ears NO ONE has what Brady does. His focus and drive to be elite are unmatched. To me, Shailene makes it even less likely that Rodgers will push it to 43. Those two clearly fused almost instantaneously. That will be a distraction to Rodgers moving forward...not necessarily in a bad way, but I think Brady married an equal in terms of drive to compete. Giselle understands where Tom is coming from and supports it fully. I'm not sure the same can be said for a woman who said she never saw herself falling for a guy who throws balls for a living.

This could end up bad for Rodgers.

https://images.app.goo.gl/v23QNecTqqGwAyWT6

bobblehead
06-10-2021, 09:59 AM

When fat mike got married and knocked up his hotter younger bride I said I didn't like it. Family and Football don't really mesh too well. I pointed out the failed marriages of many a great coach. There just isn't time or passion enough for both.

I do think Rodgers head is somewhere other than football right now. The more I see, the more I want to trade him. Oh, I still think he will be very good for 2 more years, but add in all the extra drama, and the last 2 playoffs where he refused to dive on a loose ball that he dropped with the center and then refusing to run to the endzone with everything on the line....well, I just think its time to salvage some return and move on even if it means Blake Bortles for a year while Love finishes his under study degree.

texaspackerbacker
06-10-2021, 10:29 AM
Gosh, I thought there was a bunch of stupid assuming by know-nothings in the other thread about what's in the head of Rodgers, but this one tops even that. And ya'all know what makes Brady tick too huh? Who knows, maybe all the ignorant speculation is correct - even though it flies in the face of everything the man has ever said and all evidence available.

I guess it's gonna take 6-8 years before I get to say I told you so to the various whiners and panicky people in here. In the short term, though, I'll be saying that when Rodgers is the starting QB for the first regular season game this year. Preseason? Possibly. Training camp? Probably not. But when it happens, I expect a lot of fools to be eating a lot of crow - as I will if it doesn't happen.

Upnorth
06-10-2021, 11:09 AM
Gosh, I thought there was a bunch of stupid assuming by know-nothings in the other thread about what's in the head of Rodgers, but this one tops even that. And ya'all know what makes Brady tick too huh? Who knows, maybe all the ignorant speculation is correct - even though it flies in the face of everything the man has ever said and all evidence available.

I guess it's gonna take 6-8 years before I get to say I told you so to the various whiners and panicky people in here. In the short term, though, I'll be saying that when Rodgers is the starting QB for the first regular season game this year. Preseason? Possibly. Training camp? Probably not. But when it happens, I expect a lot of fools to be eating a lot of crow - as I will if it doesn't happen.

As to waiting I believe you can day I told you so in about 5.5 years. I have said I will be amazed if he is quality at 41 so that's my point where I'm wrong.
As to rodgers starting this year I will be suprised if he doesnt

RashanGary
06-10-2021, 11:55 AM
80% Rodgers back for training camp with a contract that guarantees him 2 or 3 more years
10% chance he waits till the start of the season if the Packers don’t budge
10% chance he waits for the minimum number of games he needs to play to accrue a season

If he does one of the less probably options, he’ll be traded either this year or next year for much less than we would have gotten. He’s pissed off, stubborn and malcontent. No ones gonna give a kings ransom for him at his age and mental state.

But we’re still looking at a solution to keep him. It’s just going to have to be a little more on Rodgers terms.

RashanGary
06-10-2021, 11:58 AM
I’m torn on who to support. Most people accept the systems we live in and play by the rules. Rodgers fights it. I support him fighting it on one level because it’s bullshit and cold, the system is. But we’re all stuck here. A lot of bad things happen when we fight the systems. I guess I’ll always respect him for fighting for a good cause, but I fully expect him to suffer as much as anyone for his fight. He’ll get tore up in the media if he makes too much of a power push. Humanity has a way of fighting for the systems that harm them. I expect that to happen here too.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-10-2021, 12:51 PM
I'll just add this. One of them is in OTAs trying to do everything he can to win another ring and the other is butt hurt. One is motivated by winning the other wants respect or something.

The channel my inner Iverson, OTA? Are you fucking kidding me? OTA! Not a game. Not even a fucking regular season practice! Fucking OTA!

The Frog’s offense ain’t exactly a doctoral dissertation on Fuckology. It’s jet sweep right; jet sweep left; run right; run left; play-action bomb. The Great Arm of Butte has already mastered the uncomplicated offense.

12 ain’t need to be at some meaningless practices. He ain’t need to kiss management’s ass.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-10-2021, 01:34 PM
I’m torn on who to support. Most people accept the systems we live in and play by the rules. Rodgers fights it. I support him fighting it on one level because it’s bullshit and cold, the system is. But we’re all stuck here. A lot of bad things happen when we fight the systems. I guess I’ll always respect him for fighting for a good cause, but I fully expect him to suffer as much as anyone for his fight. He’ll get tore up in the media if he makes too much of a power push. Humanity has a way of fighting for the systems that harm them. I expect that to happen here too.

I am 110% pro-12.

RashanGary
06-10-2021, 02:49 PM
I am 110% pro-12.

Yeah, makes sense. He’s a person who wants himself and teammates treated with loyalty and respect. It’s not hard to get behind. I’m torn because I don’t know if he’s gonna make a difference and is probably just beating his head on the wall. I don’t know if he’s being at all smart in the sense that there is no good outcome. So I see him as wasting energy trying to fix a world that doesn’t want to be fixed.

sharpe1027
06-10-2021, 08:40 PM
80% Rodgers back for training camp with a contract that guarantees him 2 or 3 more years
10% chance he waits till the start of the season if the Packers don’t budge
10% chance he waits for the minimum number of games he needs to play to accrue a season

If he does one of the less probably options, he’ll be traded either this year or next year for much less than we would have gotten. He’s pissed off, stubborn and malcontent. No ones gonna give a kings ransom for him at his age and mental state.

But we’re still looking at a solution to keep him. It’s just going to have to be a little more on Rodgers terms.

He gets no credit for an accrued year if he misses more than five days of camp.

King Friday
06-11-2021, 08:33 AM
This will be resolved soon after the start of training camp. Either Rodgers shows up, or he will retire. Due to the vast amount of money he would lose to retire, I'm guessing he shows up.

Spaulding
06-11-2021, 10:47 AM
Yeah, makes sense. He’s a person who wants himself and teammates treated with loyalty and respect. It’s not hard to get behind. I’m torn because I don’t know if he’s gonna make a difference and is probably just beating his head on the wall. I don’t know if he’s being at all smart in the sense that there is no good outcome. So I see him as wasting energy trying to fix a world that doesn’t want to be fixed.

I think your use of "respect" rings true but your reference to loyalty is off. Players often do not show loyalty to teams just like teams jettison players without loyalty.

It's a business and most players look to maximize their payday and so how does that suggest loyalty. Outside of Aaron Jones recent deal, really the only players given Packers a hometown discount are ones in the twilight of their career it seems. Rodgers contracts were always the highest current one for a QB at the time of signing. I know now his contract seems low for the position but that's a trade off with the upfront signing money and growing revenue.

When a player resigns with his existing team, on some small level it might be loyalty to the front office that drafted him and the coaching staff to having developed him, but really it's all about t he money and more a comfort thing. Knowing the system, his teammates, etc. is the draw and any real loyalty would be to the teammates and not the organization.

bobblehead
06-11-2021, 11:00 AM
The channel my inner Iverson, OTA? Are you fucking kidding me? OTA! Not a game. Not even a fucking regular season practice! Fucking OTA!

The Frog’s offense ain’t exactly a doctoral dissertation on Fuckology. It’s jet sweep right; jet sweep left; run right; run left; play-action bomb. The Great Arm of Butte has already mastered the uncomplicated offense.

12 ain’t need to be at some meaningless practices. He ain’t need to kiss management’s ass.

How many rings Iverson got?

bobblehead
06-11-2021, 11:05 AM

Has Rodgers ever taken a deal below market? I hear a lot about loyalty and respect, but when its time to get paid I rarely see it in action. Jones took a below market deal. Who knows, maybe there wasn't a market for him better than we gave him, but it seemed like a below market deal. Right now, if Jones complained about loyalty it would ring louder than Rodgers complaining about it.

edit: Nicely said spaulding, could have skipped my post if I had seen yours first.

RashanGary
06-11-2021, 05:41 PM
He gets no credit for an accrued year if he misses more than five days of camp.

Well that clears it up. He’ll be here for camp. Maybe he’ll miss 5 days to send the final message, I don’t know.

RashanGary
06-11-2021, 05:54 PM
I think your use of "respect" rings true but your reference to loyalty is off. Players often do not show loyalty to teams just like teams jettison players without loyalty.

It's a business and most players look to maximize their payday and so how does that suggest loyalty. Outside of Aaron Jones recent deal, really the only players given Packers a hometown discount are ones in the twilight of their career it seems. Rodgers contracts were always the highest current one for a QB at the time of signing. I know now his contract seems low for the position but that's a trade off with the upfront signing money and growing revenue.

When a player resigns with his existing team, on some small level it might be loyalty to the front office that drafted him and the coaching staff to having developed him, but really it's all about t he money and more a comfort thing. Knowing the system, his teammates, etc. is the draw and any real loyalty would be to the teammates and not the organization.

Rodgers went on Kenny Mayne and said there is an organizational problem in how they treat people. In the same conversation he said the Packers drafted Jordan Love and probably didn’t expect him to go on to win the MVP. If the problem was “people” and an example of that is drafting Rodgers replacement, I think you can read between the lines that he thinks they move on from good players too soon. I think you can further read between the lines that he sees them trying to replace him and since they’re doing whatever they have to do with no loyalty then he’s going to do the same. He’s not going to show up and play by a different set of rules and loyalties when they are not.

As far as how he’s going to conduct himself once he gets here, he loves his teammates, has no kids, not married.... football is a big part of his life and his heart. Once he’s here, yeah, the loyalty to the teammates and coaches and loyalty to the season will come through.

It will all be fine but he’s showing a front office that will cut ties with anyone that he’s going to look out for himself too and not just be cast aside when they feel like it. If they don’t want to give him an extension, he doesn’t have to keep coming to all this offseason stuff either. No loyalty is no loyalty and both sides can do that.

NewsBruin
06-12-2021, 09:53 PM
Both guys are headcases whose drafting motivated them to become MVP-tier QBs. I think Rodgers got the better backup tutelage under (pre-risk averse) Mike McCarthy and had better WR talent overall than Brady, who had the Curmudgeon and a bunch of twitchy try-hards (and Randy Moss).

The difference for the sake of this question is that Brady is the High Priest and True Believer of the TB12 Cult and has lived his whole pro career to be marketable and in top physical and mental shape. He helps install the offense; he recruits potential teammates (character Red Flags to come to TB for cheap); and he tries to sell them on his physical regimen (with his radioactive personal trainer (https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/tom-brady-defends-personal-trainer-calls-coca-cola-poison-for-kids/) who now offices at the Bucs (https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/tom-bradys-longtime-trainer-and-business-partner-working-with-numerous-bucs-players-has-office-at-facility/)). Brady skipped Tampa Bay's OTAs to lead his own (https://heavy.com/sports/tampa-bay-buccaneers/bruce-arians-tom-brady-ota-minicamp/) while Rodgers saw the wonders of Hawai'i.

I'm not saying that Aaron Rodgers doesn't work out on his own in the offseason or cram harder than most starting QBs between training camp and the last game of the season. I think he's a better natural athlete than Brady and probably a better quarterback. But his degree of all-in isn't the same as Tom Brady and whatever it takes to achieve his Unnatural Cranium (https://e1.365dm.com/21/01/1600x900/skysports-tom-brady-tampa-bay-buccaneers_5251767.jpg).

I think that whatever motivates A-Rod, he will either be satisfied with or resigned with football before he reaches Tom Brady's career performance.

texaspackerbacker
06-12-2021, 11:05 PM
If I was gonna play devil's advocate and say Rodgers does not play to the same age or more as Brady, I'd be saying that the overriding fact is that Brady has a 6 year head start. He's dodged mines to age 43, while Rodgers has 6+ years to go crossing the same mine field.

Just the same, I'm confident Rodgers has every other factor going in his favor including the GOAT motivation - I'm pretty sure he is driven by his ego to out do Brady including career duration. And as I've said several times, it will be a damn shame, a capital offense for Gutekunst if he doesn't finish with the Packers.

bobblehead
06-13-2021, 11:08 AM

I'm still waiting for a lot of I told you so's from FYI where you have been wrong for better than a decade now. You have gone full walter mitty in your advancing years.

bobblehead
06-13-2021, 11:11 AM
Well that clears it up. He’ll be here for camp. Maybe he’ll miss 5 days to send the final message, I don’t know.

That rule doesn't apply. I think Rodgers gets a year towards his contract if he shows up by week 10 of the regular season just like Leveon Bell when he was tagged. That rule is for rookies and undrafted FA I would guess, but have no real knowledge of it. Rodgers doesn't need "accrued years" at this point.

bobblehead
06-13-2021, 11:15 AM
Rodgers went on Kenny Mayne and said there is an organizational problem in how they treat people. In the same conversation he said the Packers drafted Jordan Love and probably didn’t expect him to go on to win the MVP. If the problem was “people” and an example of that is drafting Rodgers replacement, I think you can read between the lines that he thinks they move on from good players too soon. I think you can further read between the lines that he sees them trying to replace him and since they’re doing whatever they have to do with no loyalty then he’s going to do the same. He’s not going to show up and play by a different set of rules and loyalties when they are not.

As far as how he’s going to conduct himself once he gets here, he loves his teammates, has no kids, not married.... football is a big part of his life and his heart. Once he’s here, yeah, the loyalty to the teammates and coaches and loyalty to the season will come through.

It will all be fine but he’s showing a front office that will cut ties with anyone that he’s going to look out for himself too and not just be cast aside when they feel like it. If they don’t want to give him an extension, he doesn’t have to keep coming to all this offseason stuff either. No loyalty is no loyalty and both sides can do that.

But he signed the contract. If he wanted to play by different rules he could have signed a 2 year deal and play it year to year. He wanted the fat signing bonus. He is under a contract based on the NFLPA unions negotiations which means the team can trade him or cut him. If he doesn't like it he needed to be more involved in that side of football. Yes, when outlaying monster signing bonuses teams structure them in a way to be able to move on if necessary. Players go for all the guaranteed money they can get. He has options, but they are limited. The team has options as well. Its a BIG reason teams have to be careful when giving big bonuses to guys like Antonio Brown.

bobblehead
06-13-2021, 11:20 AM
If I was gonna play devil's advocate and say Rodgers does not play to the same age or more as Brady, I'd be saying that the overriding fact is that Brady has a 6 year head start. He's dodged mines to age 43, while Rodgers has 6+ years to go crossing the same mine field.

Just the same, I'm confident Rodgers has every other factor going in his favor including the GOAT motivation - I'm pretty sure he is driven by his ego to out do Brady including career duration. And as I've said several times, it will be a damn shame, a capital offense for Gutekunst if he doesn't finish with the Packers.

He may be driven by his ego, but that is different than driven to obsess like Brady. Brady is different. He will lie cheat and steal to win. Rodgers has ability, but will never have the character flaw Brady has that is the difference. Rodgers character flaw is the chip that drove him to be great, but will also drive him to stunts like this.

texaspackerbacker
06-13-2021, 12:23 PM
He may be driven by his ego, but that is different than driven to obsess like Brady. Brady is different. He will lie cheat and steal to win. Rodgers has ability, but will never have the character flaw Brady has that is the difference. Rodgers character flaw is the chip that drove him to be great, but will also drive him to stunts like this.

Very True, and some people actually criticize him for that - Rodgers I mean, of course they criticize Brady.

RashanGary
06-13-2021, 01:06 PM
But he signed the contract. If he wanted to play by different rules he could have signed a 2 year deal and play it year to year. He wanted the fat signing bonus. He is under a contract based on the NFLPA unions negotiations which means the team can trade him or cut him. If he doesn't like it he needed to be more involved in that side of football. Yes, when outlaying monster signing bonuses teams structure them in a way to be able to move on if necessary. Players go for all the guaranteed money they can get. He has options, but they are limited. The team has options as well. Its a BIG reason teams have to be careful when giving big bonuses to guys like Antonio Brown.

He can miss however much time he wants that still allows him to collect his pay check. That is in his power and screws the team over big. That’s part of the rules too. If the team can use every rule and contract detail to their advantage, the player can to. Rodgers is proving two can play the same game and treat it as just a business.

sharpe1027
06-13-2021, 02:08 PM
That rule doesn't apply. I think Rodgers gets a year towards his contract if he shows up by week 10 of the regular season just like Leveon Bell when he was tagged. That rule is for rookies and undrafted FA I would guess, but have no real knowledge of it. Rodgers doesn't need "accrued years" at this point.

I think the accrual really only matters for early career/contract players to establish whether they are restricted free agents. After year four, it shouldn't matter.

What matters for Rodgers is whether he gets credit for a year per his contract. Week 10 isn't the right answer either as that's for franchise tagged players. It's probably 6-8 weeks.

RashanGary
06-13-2021, 02:36 PM
I think the accrual really only matters for early career/contract players to establish whether they are restricted free agents. After year four, it shouldn't matter.

What matters for Rodgers is whether he gets credit for a year per his contract. Week 10 isn't the right answer either as that's for franchise tagged players. It's probably 6-8 weeks.

I wonder what he needs to do to collect his full or nearly full paycheck and not have to pay back signing bonus. That would give us a timeline for resolution.

sharpe1027
06-13-2021, 02:41 PM
Double post

sharpe1027
06-13-2021, 03:08 PM
I wonder what he needs to do to collect his full or nearly full paycheck and not have to pay back signing bonus. That would give us a timeline for resolution.

He'll have a healthy fine if he skips training camp. As far as the salary, I think it's by game week, so it's a matter of how much be wants to leave in the table. Going beyond 6 or so weeks risks not counting as a year on his contract.

RashanGary
06-13-2021, 05:04 PM
He'll have a healthy fine if he skips training camp. As far as the salary, I think it's by game week, so it's a matter of how much be wants to leave in the table. Going beyond 6 or so weeks risks not counting as a year on his contract.

A. Rodgers shows up for TC and this isn't a big deal but rodgers has tail between legs

B. Rodgers gets a new deal and then shows up. Packers cave

Or

C. Rodgers shows up when the games count, ruins the season and now he gets traded next offseason. No one caves.

RashanGary
06-13-2021, 05:07 PM
Murphy's comment about Rodgers being considered complicated tells me C is a real option. They're not gonna mortgage the future on an almost 40 year old quarterback who's under contract for 3 years. Rodgers demands might be too much and this blows up. In which case, we get to see Love throw for 4,000 yards and a 28 touchdowns in a 6-11 losing season. Oh well. A new DT next draft and all is good.

RashanGary
06-13-2021, 05:18 PM
If it all blows up, I support what Rodgers tried to do and his fight against the American business way. And I support the Packers for not caving and sticking with their win under the salary cap winning formula. If rodgers gets a new deal we’re probably not winning any Owls anyway because of the salary cap implication. Rodgers just made it so hostile that moving on may be the only option.

In hindsight, we shoulda taken the Stafford deal. I highly doubt anything close will be available going forward.

texaspackerbacker
06-13-2021, 06:34 PM
He can miss however much time he wants that still allows him to collect his pay check. That is in his power and screws the team over big. That’s part of the rules too. If the team can use every rule and contract detail to their advantage, the player can to. Rodgers is proving two can play the same game and treat it as just a business.

Is Rodgers really hurting the team all that much? Does anybody seriously think the monetary penalties he faces mean anything to him?

RashanGary
06-13-2021, 09:13 PM
Is Rodgers really hurting the team all that much? Does anybody seriously think the monetary penalties he faces mean anything to him?

If Rodgers doesn't show up until the games count that messes up the offense big with no training camp practice. Absolutely that's a tool in his toolbox to get the new deal he wants

sharpe1027
06-13-2021, 09:42 PM
About $2million in fines for missing all of camp. I think that stings even for Rodgers.

texaspackerbacker
06-13-2021, 09:53 PM
If Rodgers doesn't show up until the games count that messes up the offense big with no training camp practice. Absolutely that's a tool in his toolbox to get the new deal he wants

I would expect him to stop just short of that. The team should be well prepared with or without him, and it shouldn't take him any more time to get up to speed than it takes between one week's game and the next. Rodgers' net worth supposedly is $120 million. His salary and roster bonus for this year is well over $20 million. So I doubt $2 million hits him all that hard, and even if he's not primarily motivated by more money, he undoubtedly will have his income increased by well over the $2 million figure.

MadtownPacker
06-17-2021, 07:59 PM
It doesn’t matter how long his bitch ass plays he will never have half the rings Brady does.

bobblehead
06-18-2021, 10:19 AM
Very True, and some people actually criticize him for that - Rodgers I mean, of course they criticize Brady.

I call it a character flaw for a reason. You can be driven to greatness and still be a horrible human being by the same trait. Brady, Jordan, and many others are incredible dicks in every day life....but its that same behavior that drives them to obsess to greatness.

bobblehead
06-18-2021, 10:21 AM

Agreed. If he sits to week 10 and shows up, he is within his rights. He won't get paid for week 1-10 though. And the team can have him on the bench for weeks 11 on. Then we can do it again next year. As I said, he has options, as does the team. Who wants to be the bigger asshole? And honestly people will differ on which side is being unreasonable.

bobblehead
06-18-2021, 10:26 AM

good point. I'm not sure now that you mention it. I used the week 10 as I've heard it as the timeframe a player has to show up by to get credit. I guess technically Rodgers contract might state the years and he doesn't have to show up at all...but I'm positive they don't have to pay him then. And he still would have 2 more years. And they COULD go after the signing bonus (how successful is anyones guess)

bobblehead
06-18-2021, 10:30 AM

I would not side with rodgers if he chose a route that ruins his team mates chances at success. I'm not convinced Adams and other would either. They are in their prime. They don't have a ring yet. If he took a year from them by tanking the season he might get some pushback.

sharpe1027
06-18-2021, 08:48 PM
good point. I'm not sure now that you mention it. I used the week 10 as I've heard it as the timeframe a player has to show up by to get credit. I guess technically Rodgers contract might state the years and he doesn't have to show up at all...but I'm positive they don't have to pay him then. And he still would have 2 more years. And they COULD go after the signing bonus (how successful is anyones guess)

10 weeks might be correct, but I think it's risky. Joey Galloway missed 8 games and was okay, but that was a decision by one arbiter, and not binding on future decisions. Also, the decision was on an older CBA. The new CBA would have prevented Galloway from winning as he was still on his rookie contract at the time.

Sparkey
06-22-2021, 11:07 PM
frontofficenfl.com/2020/05/24/2020-nfl-cba-explained-accrued-seasons-credited-seasons/amp/

Zool
06-22-2021, 11:59 PM
https://frontofficenfl.com/2020/05/24/2020-nfl-cba-explained-accrued-seasons-credited-seasons/amp/

Sparkey
06-23-2021, 02:59 PM
https://frontofficenfl.com/2020/05/24/2020-nfl-cba-explained-accrued-seasons-credited-seasons/amp/

Nice assist!