PDA

View Full Version : 2021 Covid Protocols in the NFL

Rastak
06-16-2021, 05:32 PM
These anti Vaxxer players are gonna be real bummed out. This isn't a political thread, it's a public health issue and a major issue for the NFL. The NFLPA and the NFL jointly agreed to the following:

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1405226106802872324/photo/1

Curious if this will cause division in many locker rooms.

Vaccinated players exposed to covid have no problem. Guys who for some fucking strange reason decide not to are out for 5 days. There are also a ton of other restrictions on these, umm, guys making personal decisions. I was surprised guys not vaccinated get tested EVERY FUCKING DAY. This is with the blessing of the NFLPA. Seems like unless you are nuts this is a fairly easy decision. Maybe there is some religion that doesn't allow mumps, chicken pox, polio and covid but seems like this could cause some issues.

Spaulding
06-16-2021, 06:13 PM
Let's just hope the Packers and Vikings players see the ramifications and opt for the vaccine. Would be interesting if anybody has a team percentage of players who've vaccinated or even better yet the list of players. Guessing the latter though goes against HIPPA rules and thus likely not for public consumption.

Joemailman
06-16-2021, 06:17 PM
So if you have 15 vaccinated guys in the weight room and and an unvaccinated guy shows up, either the unvaccinated guy is barred from entering or one of the vaccinated guys have to leave. Teams will have to figure out ways to deal with that. If I were a guy not assured of making the team, I'd get vaccinated.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E4Bdsd5VkAU5fWL?format=jpg&name=900x900

Rastak
06-16-2021, 06:18 PM
Let's just hope the Packers and Vikings players see the ramifications and opt for the vaccine. Would be interesting if anybody has a team percentage of players who've vaccinated or even better yet the list of players. Guessing the latter though goes against HIPPA rules and thus likely not for public consumption.

Yea, I only brought it up because it could have a pretty big effect on teams so I agree with you. Joe Mixon already commented.

"Bengals running back Joe Mixon has complained about the restrictions that will apply to unvaccinated players during the 2021 season.

“The NFLPA is not for the players they act like they represent us and they clearly show us different time & time again,” Mixon tweeted on Wednesday. Mixon also said “this is who y’all players want to be led by,” along with, “I thought Football was a team sport and it’s clearly being individualized by beliefs.”

Rastak
06-16-2021, 06:21 PM
Joe, I think nobody but 15 are allowed if anyone didn't bother.

texaspackerbacker
06-16-2021, 06:34 PM
These anti Vaxxer players are gonna be real bummed out. This isn't a political thread, it's a public health issue and a major issue for the NFL. The NFLPA and the NFL jointly agreed to the following:

Vaccinated players exposed to covid have no problem. Guys who for some fucking strange reason decide not to are out for 5 days. There are also a ton of other restrictions on these, umm, guys making personal decisions. I was surprised guys not vaccinated get tested EVERY FUCKING DAY. This is with the blessing of the NFLPA. Seems like unless you are nuts this is a fairly easy decision. Maybe there is some religion that doesn't allow mumps, chicken pox, polio and covid but seems like this could cause some issues.

This Viking shithead comes on here and makes a blatantly political topic and opinion about it and then claims it ain't politics ...... sheeeeesh. Get the fuck out of here you outsider bastard, and stay the hell out.

I'll put my content comments in FYI where they belong.

Joemailman
06-16-2021, 06:36 PM
Similar protocols for the press.

Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero
Major developments for media: Fully vaccinated media will be permitted to conduct in-person interviews with players for the first time since early 2020. Unvaccinated media not allowed in press box, field, sidelines, locker room, etc.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E4BfVErVkAEwXI_?format=jpg&name=small

Rastak
06-16-2021, 06:39 PM
This Viking shithead comes on here and makes a blatantly political topic and opinion about it and then claims it ain't politics ...... sheeeeesh. Get the fuck out of here you outsider bastard, and stay the hell out.

I'll put my content comments in FYI where they belong.

I get it Tex, it is a football thing though. There are actual rules agreed upon. I'll try and shut the fuck up on the politics. I'd ask you too but that would be an impossible task for you.

Joemailman
06-16-2021, 06:41 PM
Looks like NO to players riding kids bikes and players signing autographs.

Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero
· 4h
"Fans will be permitted to attend Training
Camp, provided that they are more than 20 feet away from Tier 1 staff, including
players, at all times, and adhere to physical distancing requirements. Fans will
not be permitted to interact with players at any time."

texaspackerbacker
06-16-2021, 06:42 PM
You ignorant enemy bastard, this whole thing is politics, and you stupidly saying it is not is not only false, but it is taking a poltical side. I say again, get the fuck out - peddle your shit to the damn Vikings forums if they can even read and write over there.

Rastak
06-16-2021, 06:45 PM
You ignorant enemy bastard, this whole thing is politics, and you stupidly saying it is not is not only false, but it is taking a poltical side. I say again, get the fuck out - peddle your shit to the damn Vikings forums if they can even read and write over there.

I have a tin foil hat on you moron, you cannot read my thoughts. Plus the chip they injected me with not only protects me from covid but allows me to see across great distances.

Rastak
06-16-2021, 06:48 PM
Joe, I did read somewhere that the protocols would be re-evaluated at the end of preseason. That should be interesting.

sharpe1027
06-16-2021, 07:39 PM
He's not offering an opinion on whether the rule are appropriate. Stay out of the thread Tex and let the adults have a non political conversation.

red
06-16-2021, 08:37 PM
i just played in a pro-am golf outing with some professional golfers. usually the golfers are allowed to hang out with us after the golf and have a lot of fun and are also allowed to enjoy the resort they were staying in

however, this time, only 50 percent were vaccinated. so because of this, the players were forced to stay away from everything. they could either be on the course, in their rooms, or in a special little room for players

it sounds like many of the players were very pissed off at the ones who refuse to get vaccinated because it was ruining all the fun for the others

so i could see this leading to some tension amongst teammates

call_me_ishmael
06-16-2021, 10:35 PM
The rules are pretty serious, wow. Who wouldn't get vaccinated knowing the regiment. Probably a good thing for society.

I would agree this will cause division, etc. I think the rules are written intentionally to be that way so people get vaxxed so we can all move on.

wist43
06-16-2021, 11:49 PM
I have a tin foil hat on you moron, you cannot read my thoughts. Plus the chip they injected me with not only protects me from covid but allows me to see across great distances.

So you admit that you're government super-weapon??

How far can you see?? :)

wthigoot
06-17-2021, 12:35 AM
Curious what the rules are for players that have already had the COVID and recovered; can't find that case mentioned in the articles I looked at. Seems like they should be just like the vaccinated. Wouldn't think they would need vaccination if they already have the antibodies from having it.

texaspackerbacker
06-17-2021, 01:34 AM
Sharpe, you're almost as ignorant a piece of shit as rastak. At least, as a Packer fan you are in the right place, unlike that other stupid bastard.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-17-2021, 03:50 AM

Chill, Tex. Rastak’s cool. Sure, somewhere along the dude’s journey around the sun, he fell to the dark side. But in his youth, Rastak was a long-haired, guitar-playing Anakin Skywalker. I’d take Rastak over uncool Pack fans like Tony O’Day any day of the week.

Btw, Tex, get your fucking shot and come to Green Bay. 12’s tenacious boycott of the Pack means that, to borrow some bad puns from Joemailman and Prof Rand, the Summer of Love - aptly named for the start of the Jordan Love era - is about to begin, prematurely. For those who come to Green Bay, summertime will be a Love-in.

Btw 2: Harlan (drums), Harrell (guitar), Rastak (bass) and I (keyboards, lead vocalist) have formed a softcore, Coldplay-inspired, rock band called “The Great Arm of Butte.” We are currently working on our debut album, “Songs About Ted and Tank.” Our awesome lead single will be the ballad, “A LOVE Song for Aaron Rodgers.” In the streets of Green Bay during the Summer of Love, we’ll be a-rocking and, maybe, even a-raping to covers of Wu-Tang.

sharpe1027
06-17-2021, 07:28 AM
Sharpe, you're almost as ignorant a piece of shit as rastak. At least, as a Packer fan you are in the right place, unlike that other stupid bastard.

Thanks, Tex! I love you too. If the thread bothers you much, you should definitely keep coming back to it.

George Cumby
06-17-2021, 08:13 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

George Cumby
06-17-2021, 08:15 AM
All I know is getting my kids vaccinated for measles is how I like to make my political voice heard.

bobblehead
06-17-2021, 08:45 AM

This is absolutely a political thread.

bobblehead
06-17-2021, 08:49 AM
I get it Tex, it is a football thing though. There are actual rules agreed upon. I'll try and shut the fuck up on the politics. I'd ask you too but that would be an impossible task for you.

So, since this is a football topic, and masking is part of it, am I allowed to post about 50 links, including from the CDC itself pointing out that masking doesn't stop a virus? Can I point out the NFL is being either political or stupid? Can I point out the NFL is unjustly punishing guys who don't want an experimental vaccine?

bobblehead
06-17-2021, 08:53 AM
He's not offering an opinion on whether the rule are appropriate. Stay out of the thread Tex and let the adults have a non political conversation.

Oh, but yes he is.

"Seems like unless you are nuts this is a fairly easy decision."

This is a statement that ignores the VAERS website operated by the CDC having over 5000 deaths related to the virus and over 20k adverse reactions resulting in hospitalization. Both numbers that are about 100x higher than what would have gotten any vaccine pulled from the shelfs in the past 20 years.

Now, if we want to stay away from any political discussion, I'm all for it, but the very nature of the topic is political.

bobblehead
06-17-2021, 08:54 AM
Curious what the rules are for players that have already had the COVID and recovered; can't find that case mentioned in the articles I looked at. Seems like they should be just like the vaccinated. Wouldn't think they would need vaccination if they already have the antibodies from having it.

Anti bodies only last 90 days per most medical experts, so booster shots should be required every 90 days. #science

sharpe1027
06-17-2021, 09:07 AM
So, since this is a football topic, and masking is part of it, am I allowed to post about 50 links, including from the CDC itself pointing out that masking doesn't stop a virus? Can I point out the NFL is being either political or stupid? Can I point out the NFL is unjustly punishing guys who don't want an experimental vaccine?
Fuck off. This is why we can't have nice things.

sharpe1027
06-17-2021, 09:10 AM
Oh, but yes he is.

This is a statement that ignores the VAERS website operated by the CDC having over 5000 deaths related to the virus and over 20k adverse reactions resulting in hospitalization. Both numbers that are about 100x higher than what would have gotten any vaccine pulled from the shelfs in the past 20 years.

Now, if we want to stay away from any political discussion, I'm all for it, but the very nature of the topic is political.

That comment wasn't necessary. I read it in the context that the rules are really pushing the players in that direct. But no, the NFL rules can be discussed without going off the deep end. That is if you can act like an adult. If you want to blow the thread up by intentionally being a jerk, so be it. My advice to you is if you can't contain yourself, ignore the thread.

texaspackerbacker
06-17-2021, 09:11 AM
The cavalry arrives, and just in the nick of time. Good job, Bobblehead. If any of the head-in-the-sand types have the balls to venture into the danger zone of FYI, we have a year or more of posts on this topic. Hell yeah it's political - for a dozen or so reasons I'm not gonna post here, having been stung before for replying to political shit of others in this part of the forum.

Who's gonna be the first NFL player to get a bad reaction to the vaccine and end up in the hospital? Who's gonna be the first 55 or 60 year old coach or locker room attendant or whatever to die from the thing? And who's gonna get sued when that shit happens?

sharpe1027
06-17-2021, 09:36 AM
- for a dozen or so reasons I'm not gonna post here

Says the guy that in the very next paragraph posts one of the most political statement in the thread.

texaspackerbacker
06-17-2021, 09:43 AM
Says the guy that in the very next paragraph posts one of the most political statement in the thread.

?

Zool
06-17-2021, 09:44 AM
Oh, but yes he is.

Only in todays moron fest of a country is something medical considered political.

Spaulding
06-17-2021, 09:55 AM
Chill, Tex. Rastak’s cool. Sure, somewhere along the dude’s journey around the sun, he fell to the dark side. But in his youth, Rastak was a long-haired, guitar-playing Anakin Skywalker. I’d take Rastak over uncool Pack fans like Tony O’Day any day of the week.

Btw, Tex, get your fucking shot and come to Green Bay. 12’s tenacious boycott of the Pack means that, to borrow some bad puns from Joemailman and Prof Rand, the Summer of Love - aptly named for the start of the Jordan Love era - is about to begin, prematurely. For those who come to Green Bay, summertime will be a Love-in.

Btw 2: Harlan (drums), Harrell (guitar), Rastak (bass) and I (keyboards, lead vocalist) have formed a softcore, Coldplay-inspired, rock band called “The Great Arm of Butte.” We are currently working on our debut album, “Songs About Ted and Tank.” Our awesome lead single will be the ballad, “A LOVE Song for Aaron Rodgers.” In the streets of Green Bay during the Summer of Love, we’ll be a-rocking and, maybe, even a-raping to covers of Wu-Tang.

I might need an 8-track of that single. Could be the hit that "Godfather of Green Bay" movie unfortunately never was.

sharpe1027
06-17-2021, 10:03 AM
?

!

call_me_ishmael
06-17-2021, 10:13 AM

Clearly you don't have A) children and B) children in school or you would state unequiovically with zero doubt that masks do in fact work because the observation is simply undeniable. Ask any parent of young kids what they observed about masks and you will essentially have one uniform response. It's that overwhelmingly apparent. I have heard the same thing from literally hundreds of parents. The exact same phrase. We all observed the same thing.

Now please kindly fuck off with this stupid drivel. No one cares about your politics.

This isn't a political thread. The rules are what they are. You can have your opinion about them - that is political - but take it to the proper venue (or don't, because literally no one cares). The players association and nfl owners negotiated and agreed to the rules together. They are what they are and they're not changing, and there's no problem at all with that.

RashanGary
06-17-2021, 10:13 AM
Only in todays moron fest of a country is something medical considered political.

In fairness, employers and businesses are requiring it. It’s become a hot topic for people who want to be able to live a normal life and not take an experimental vaxx that’s causing a lot of deaths and injuries to be reported.

Upnorth
06-17-2021, 10:17 AM
I thought i stumbled into fyi with my fat fingers.

I have strong personal feelings based on a variety of scientific sources about this subject. But they are mine about my and my families health. This is a sensitive issue no matter where you stand an people are just to dam sensitive today to reasonably discuss opposing views so it will remain my opinion.

In a football context I feel the NFL and nflpa can set there own rules and regulations but one thing in tbe vaccinated vrs unvaccinated comparision bothered me. That was thr no social mefia sponsorships appearances etc for unvaccinated. If it is only on nfl.com exclusive content then they can li.it that as thet wish. Anywhere else is the league and players association over stepping there boundaries. Even nfl network is an arms lenght organization and a seperate entity legally so they would need there own seperate policy.

Upnorth
06-17-2021, 10:21 AM
Clearly you don't have A) children and B) children in school or you would state unequiovically with zero doubt that masks do in fact work because the observation is simply undeniable. Ask any parent of young kids what they observed about masks and you will essentially have one uniform response. It's that overwhelmingly apparent. I have heard the same thing from literally hundreds of parents. The exact same phrase. We all observed the same thing.

Now please kindly fuck off with this stupid drivel. No one cares about your politics.

This isn't a political thread. The rules are what they are. You can have your opinion about them - that is political - but take it to the proper venue (or don't, because literally no one cares). The players association and nfl owners negotiated and agreed to the rules together. They are what they are and they're not changing, and there's no problem at all with that.

Please tell me, a parent with 5 kids aged 5 to 17, what my own unequivocal opinion is so I can make sure I am conforming.

Your statement is drivel dude. Parents of little kids are all over the board on this just like society.

If you want to point out trends i have noticed that parents of kids in organized sports tend to be less pro mask than kids in more artistic activities (ie piano or drama).

Joemailman
06-17-2021, 10:40 AM

General consensus seems to be that antibodies only last 5-8 months. Even people who have been vaccinated will likely need a booster shot late 2021/early 2022.

call_me_ishmael
06-17-2021, 11:46 AM
Please tell me, a parent with 5 kids aged 5 to 17, what my own unequivocal opinion is so I can make sure I am conforming.

Your statement is drivel dude. Parents of little kids are all over the board on this just like society.

If you want to point out trends i have noticed that parents of kids in organized sports tend to be less pro mask than kids in more artistic activities (ie piano or drama).

Universally you are seeing that kids are not getting common colds, etc. Literally the only sickness that went around last year was seemingly covid. My kids - and virtually every other parent that I've talked to (and I talk to a lot) - have never had fever sniffles or coughs. It was WONDERFUL!

George Cumby
06-17-2021, 11:47 AM
General consensus seems to be that antibodies only last 5-8 months. Even people who have been vaccinated will likely need a booster shot late 2021/early 2022.

Take it to FYI!

/s

hoosier
06-17-2021, 12:20 PM
Nice try, Rastak.

red
06-17-2021, 01:23 PM
The same assholes that are trying to turn this into a political thread are the same ones that turned one of mine into a political thread that got me banned indefinitely

Come on mad, it's the same instigators time and time again. Save your fucking site for ducks sake, and get rid of the couple that keep pulling this shit

RashanGary
06-17-2021, 01:24 PM
We’re trapped in these systems. Might as well be cattle, being lead to our stalls.

RashanGary
06-17-2021, 01:27 PM
Do we have to make this dramatic? It’s a sports topic with some political grey area. No one is trying to break rules here, it’s no ones fault that vaccination is becoming coerced and in some cases forced, and it trickles into football.

bobblehead
06-17-2021, 01:58 PM

I agree 100%, but we likely are on opposite sides of which side we think is making it political.

bobblehead
06-17-2021, 02:00 PM

See what I mean. Its a political topic. As I said, its not me saying masks don't stop a virus, its Fauci, the CDC, New England Journal of medicine. Every serious study ever done.

But I don't want to talk politics in this forum. Which I have had a 7 day timeout for. So starting a clearly blatantly political thread is the problem.

Upnorth
06-17-2021, 02:25 PM
Universally you are seeing that kids are not getting common colds, etc. Literally the only sickness that went around last year was seemingly covid. My kids - and virtually every other parent that I've talked to (and I talk to a lot) - have never had fever sniffles or coughs. It was WONDERFUL!

Perhaps where you are that is true, but here in sunny Saskatchewan we had a few colds run through our schools. No non covid flus strangely enough... First time in recorded history. And we have lived in forced masks since start of school. I did notice less colds this year and chalk that up to more social isolation. Even for my son's hockey and girls dance no parents allowed which really sucked as it was great visiting time.

Zool
06-17-2021, 02:47 PM
In fairness, employers and businesses are requiring it. It’s become a hot topic for people who want to be able to live a normal life and not take an experimental vaxx that’s causing a lot of deaths and injuries to be reported.

At the risk of getting a couple days off by Mad, that shouldn't be political either. Almost nothing should be, but we're too stupid to do anything else now.

run pMc
06-17-2021, 03:50 PM
https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/06/14/1004757554/anti-vaccine-activists-use-a-federal-database-to-spread-fear-about-covid-vaccine
Be careful about using VAERS. Many of the first to receive vaccines were also the most at risk due to health or age. As one person pointed out, vaccines don't make you immortal. Some people don't produce sufficient antibodies post-vaccine; this is why some people get the mumps.

Not getting a covid vax is like not getting a measles vax IMO. Not sure why you would want to be infected. If it requires boosters, so what? No different from a flu shot, and it's not like there aren't variants. There will be other viruses - Zika, SARS, swine flu, bird flu, etc. Ecological destruction and habitat loss pushes humans into more contact with this stuff; COVID19 won't be the last pandemic we see in the 21st century.

If you think the government is pushing all this to control or track you, maybe consider staying off the internet and ditching your phone, which is far far more effective for governments to use. China has zero-day hacks that it uses to snoop on its own people and can turn a phone into a hot mike to eavesdrop; you can be sure Russia and the US can do it too.

Finally, I honestly don't understand the hubbub over masks. Don't like it? Don't use a condom, wear a seat belt, stop at red lights, cover your cough/sneeze, or wash your hands. Go ahead and speed thru that school zone!
It's a stupid hill to die on.

Rastak
06-17-2021, 04:44 PM
My apologies fellow Packerrats. I did make it political with an offhand comment. The fact a public health issue is political is mind blowing.

That said, this is absolutely also a football issue. Going to be interesting how it plays out in camp.

Upnorth
06-17-2021, 05:23 PM
My apologies fellow Packerrats. I did make it political with an offhand comment. The fact a public health issue is political is mind blowing.

That said, this is absolutely also a football issue. Going to be interesting how it plays out in camp.

Relativism has been replaced by social media absolutism. Everything is political. Except yummy strawberry ice cream. And everyone hates the vikings

RashanGary
06-17-2021, 06:18 PM

There is no consensus on what should happen with public health. You start forcing people to do things they don’t want or believe in and people are gonna take issue with it. I don’t know if it’s politics, but it directly impacts people so everyone is going to have a view point on it.

Joemailman
06-17-2021, 06:28 PM
Relativism has been replaced by social media absolutism. Everything is political. Except yummy strawberry ice cream. And everyone hates the vikings

Strawberry ice cream is a result of the political correctness police forcing a "healthy" alternative on good normal Americans. Why can't I just enjoy my chocolate ice cream? Or what about moose tracks? Never mind. The vegans would probably have a problem with that.

red
06-17-2021, 07:05 PM

mads probably gonna ban you for awhile

no fault of your own

the trolls got another one

sharpe1027
06-17-2021, 07:18 PM

no fault of your own

Ban the whiner snowflakes that couldn't just politely redirect to the football angle, and instead threw a hissy fit.

If Rastak gets a ban for that and the whiners get off free, I'll self ban in protest.

Now that I think about it, that may be incentive to ban Ras. I'm a real pain in the ass. Sorry, Ras.

Rastak
06-17-2021, 07:20 PM

no fault of your own

He’s got a soft spot for minorities like me. Kind of my fault, should have left the moron thing out. Either way. I see Joe Mixon is pissed at the NFLPA, choices are personal and have consequences.

Rastak
06-17-2021, 07:21 PM
Ban the whiner snowflakes that couldn't just politely redirect to the football angle, and instead threw a hissy fit.

If Rastak gets a ban for that and the whiners get off free, I'll self ban in protest.

Now that I think about it, that may be incentive to ban Ras. I'm a real pain in the ass. Sorry, Ras.

We’re good. I do find it interesting because it’s a microcosm of society in the NFL. Gonna get interesting.

red
06-17-2021, 07:37 PM

it happened to me

i got banned, and the same two shitheads that highjacked my thread and have now tried to hijack this one, didn't have shit happen to them

MadtownPacker
06-17-2021, 07:57 PM
Ahhh haaa yeah.....

Rastak I appreciate you admitted you took a shot because yes you did. Pretty much poured gas and I must say I’m surprised. I said people will be getting zapped for just breathing about this shit. This thread being proof why. Tex you are correct in that aspect but in no others point as usual so stop saying about banning or ruining people off because I don’t like it but more importantly it is not your place to decide.

Back to this shit. Why can’t the subject be discussed without putting dumb shit? Stick to how it affects the situation and not your political beliefs and maybe all can talk about it. It is reality and is part of the NFL at this point in history. But resorting to poking others beliefs like Rastak’s first post about the subject is FYI stuff so get on track please. I’m going leave this and see but the banning shit will start from here.

Bobble - Getting banned isn’t like serving time in jail man. :lol:

Joemailman
06-17-2021, 08:05 PM
it happened to me

i got banned, and the same two shitheads that highjacked my thread and have now tried to hijack this one, didn't have shit happen to them

Damn. I didn't know you got banned. I got pissed and left for a while after a thread I started got thrown out of Packers forum after it became political. http://http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?31393-More-Banjo-Coronavirus-And-Sports&highlight= As far as I know, I wasn't banned. But the thread got moved rather than deal with the people who made it political.

red
06-17-2021, 08:19 PM
Damn. I didn't know you got banned. I got pissed and left for a while after a thread I started got thrown out of Packers forum after it became political. http://http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?31393-More-Banjo-Coronavirus-And-Sports&highlight= As far as I know, I wasn't banned. But the thread got moved rather than deal with the people who made it political.

yup. i only tried to come back because bretsky wouldn't leave me and PB alone about coming back

sharpe1027
06-17-2021, 08:52 PM
It's so tiresome. The false outrage that's mostly a pitty party because their still sore about getting slapped down for way worse shit.

Like I said, this is why we can't have nice things.

wist43
06-17-2021, 09:14 PM
Ahhh haaa yeah.....

Rastak I appreciate you admitted you took a shot because yes you did. Pretty much poured gas and I must say I’m surprised. I said people will be getting zapped for just breathing about this shit. This thread being proof why. Tex you are correct in that aspect but in no others point as usual so stop saying about banning or ruining people off because I don’t like it but more importantly it is not your place to decide.

Back to this shit. Why can’t the subject be discussed without putting dumb shit? Stick to how it affects the situation and not your political beliefs and maybe all can talk about it. It is reality and is part of the NFL at this point in history. But resorting to poking others beliefs like Rastak’s first post about the subject is FYI stuff so get on track please. I’m going leave this and see but the banning shit will start from here.

Jail is only bad the first few days when you're going thru processing, delousing, etc... once you make it into the general population, it's a piece of cake :)

texaspackerbacker
06-17-2021, 09:44 PM
Ahhh haaa yeah.....

Did I say one word in here about banning anybody? Of course, I'd like to see that piece of shit Viking bastard kicked out forever just on general principles, but I didn't say ban him now because he stupidly claims this isn't political. Myself, I learned my lesson and followed the protocols - posting political shit like this in FYI. I also posted there 4 or 5 reasons exactly why and how this corona shit IS a political topic.

These pompous assholes on one side of an issue - I won't say which side, because that would, of course be the forbidden p word - think their shit don't stink. They post blatantly political stuff, then say it isn't politics, then whine and cry when somebody on the other side - the side of good - contradicts their damn shit. It happened with the punk ass who posted like that about damned Kaepernick, and it's happening again here with this corona crap.

MadtownPacker
06-17-2021, 10:54 PM
Tex is never going to learn.

Joe, Red what’s your point?

George Cumby
06-18-2021, 05:16 AM

So are you going to ban him? :-P

sharpe1027
06-18-2021, 07:23 AM
Did I say one word in here about banning anybody? Of course, I'd like to see that piece of shit Viking bastard kicked out forever just on general principles, but I didn't say ban him now because he stupidly claims this isn't political. Myself, I learned my lesson and followed the protocols - posting political shit like this in FYI. I also posted there 4 or 5 reasons exactly why and how this corona shit IS a political topic.

These pompous assholes on one side of an issue - I won't say which side, because that would, of course be the forbidden p word - think their shit don't stink. They post blatantly political stuff, then say it isn't politics, then whine and cry when somebody on the other side - the side of good - contradicts their damn shit. It happened with the punk ass who posted like that about damned Kaepernick, and it's happening again here with this corona crap.

Zero self awareness.

run pMc
06-18-2021, 08:10 AM
Of course, I'd like to see that piece of shit Viking bastard kicked out forever just on general principles

Meh, Rastak is fine. I don't mind fans from other teams posting here if they have intelligent things to say. It's interesting to hear from other fan bases IMO -- I suspect a knowledgeable Ravens fan would view the Packers more objectively than many here.

red
06-18-2021, 08:41 AM

Joe, Red what’s your point?

You're an unjust dick

Zool
06-18-2021, 08:57 AM
Meh, Rastak is fine. I don't mind fans from other teams posting here if they have intelligent things to say. It's interesting to hear from other fan bases IMO -- I suspect a knowledgeable Ravens fan would view the Packers more objectively than many here.

I'd argue, he adds more than Tex by a wide margin.

bobblehead
06-18-2021, 09:31 AM
The same assholes that are trying to turn this into a political thread are the same ones that turned one of mine into a political thread that got me banned indefinitely

Come on mad, it's the same instigators time and time again. Save your fucking site for ducks sake, and get rid of the couple that keep pulling this shit

Red, I'm not trying to instigate right now, just stating a fact. This discussion is mostly political and has very little to do with football. It has zero to do with anything on the field. Everyone has opinions on Covid and such and I can't imagine what a discussion would look like on this topic without being considered political by most. I mean honestly, what is there to say? NFL has covid protocols in place. End of discussion. Any discussion of said protocols will be political. End of story.

bobblehead
06-18-2021, 09:39 AM

Lets disect the premise. "these anti vaxxer players". That is political in that many of them have a multitude of not wanting to be vaccinated, but the implication is "TIN HAT NUTJOBS"

"Its a public health issue" Thats political, not football....and debatable if an athlete in his prime is in any real danger from China flu.

"Guys who for some fucking strange reason decide not to are out for 5 days" Some fucking strange reason? Like maybe they already had the Vid and are immune? Or maybe religion forbids it. Or they simply don't want to take an experimental Vaxx that was rushed to market in 20% the normal timeframe using a technique never before approved?

"Guys who for some fucking strange reason decide not to are out for 5 days. There are also a ton of other restrictions on these, umm, guys making personal decisions. I was surprised guys not vaccinated get tested EVERY FUCKING DAY. This is with the blessing of the NFLPA. Seems like unless you are nuts this is a fairly easy decision. Maybe there is some religion that doesn't allow mumps, chicken pox, polio and covid but seems like this could cause some issues."

Guys who for some fucking strange reason....yea, thats not judgy or political. There can't possibly be a valid reason and they should not have any choice as to what they put in their body. Only reason to not get the shot is you are nuts.

This is an entirely 100% political opening statement. End of story. And I agreed to leave politics out of the packer forum because you whiny fucks can't handle it, so don't make posts like this and then point your judgy fucking finger at me because I call you out on it.

bobblehead
06-18-2021, 09:42 AM
That comment wasn't necessary. I read it in the context that the rules are really pushing the players in that direct. But no, the NFL rules can be discussed without going off the deep end. That is if you can act like an adult. If you want to blow the thread up by intentionally being a jerk, so be it. My advice to you is if you can't contain yourself, ignore the thread.

And I did so by pointing out the CDCs own data. I discussed the rules. You don't like my discussion. When you say something stupid and wrong and I refute it with data I'm being political. Get it...this is a political topic.

bobblehead
06-18-2021, 09:50 AM

But CDC guidelines for employers is to resume protocols with previously infected after 90 days. But yes, they can last from 90 days to 12 months and it depends. But T Cell immunity seems to last for as far back as data can be collected. Reinfection rates for previously infected are nearly identical to vaccinated (.5% to .6%), but actually slightly better and with a farther timeline to study. Basically if you have had the wuhan flu there is no reason to get vaccinated other than if you want to.

Sorry, am I being political? The line seems to be blurred.

bobblehead
06-18-2021, 09:51 AM

The one who pulled this shit is the one who started the thread. I don't want him banned, I want him in FYI to discuss this. You cry like a little bitch every time. I took my 7 day hit and dealt with it cuz I broke the rules. (I did so because other were and no one did anything, but I didn't cry about it).

MadtownPacker
06-18-2021, 09:52 AM
You're an unjust dickIf you want justice go to a court of law. There is no such thing in this kind of situation.

Joe - Yes that’s why his avatar is not showing.

Bobble - Just let this go please.

bobblehead
06-18-2021, 09:54 AM
At the risk of getting a couple days off by Mad, that shouldn't be political either. Almost nothing should be, but we're too stupid to do anything else now.

I don't think its political. To be honest in my own everyday life the majority of people I know who are refusing the needle are black democrats. Also a handful of "leave me alone" republicans. And a small number of "I had the china cough so I don't see the need to take an experimental vaccine".

So, if its political, in my experience its not down R/D lines.

bobblehead
06-18-2021, 09:57 AM

Ras, I'm singling you out, but you could have made the perfect opening post and everyone else would have made the comments, on both sides. Thats why its political. This thread can only end one way.

bobblehead
06-18-2021, 09:59 AM

I "throw a hissy fit" because Red drew the line years ago about this type of thread. But what he really meant was "can we stop some people from talking politics, while I get my jabs in then when they respond BAN THEM!!"

I don't want Ras to get a timeout. I like his posts. I want to make it clear that if you want to silence me, then silence everyone. Equal justice. Simple concept that some can't seem to understand.

bobblehead
06-18-2021, 10:02 AM
Ahhh haaa yeah.....

Mad, I never got upset when I got banned did I? I admitted I broke the rules (I did so for a reason you missed, but no matter) And as I said, I don't want Ras banned. My post above this makes my position clear.

bobblehead
06-18-2021, 10:05 AM
yup. i only tried to come back because bretsky wouldn't leave me and PB alone about coming back

And even if I insult you red, I don't want you gone. I didn't want Pb gone. I want football discussion. I also like political discussion, but have been leaving it alone lately. And when I do, I go to FYI. That was YOUR idea. We all accepted it. But then you have to live by it as well. You can't start a post about Trumps super spreader event and then complain that it wasn't political. You can't make offhand statements about people who choose to not get a vaccine as being nutjobs and pretend its not political.

Lets talk football. Lets talk Offensive line. Horrible ILBs. But lets leave collective bargaining agreements and Covid protocols out of it. Its not football.

bobblehead
06-18-2021, 10:07 AM
Zero self awareness.

Ironic.

bobblehead
06-18-2021, 10:11 AM
If you want justice go to a court of law. There is no such thing in this kind of situation.

Sorry, the other posts came before I read this. I'm done, I will leave this thread. I probably did get a little carried away.

George Cumby
06-18-2021, 10:59 AM
I'd argue, he adds more than Tex by a wide margin.

Grand Canyon sized margin.

red
06-18-2021, 11:03 AM
Red, I'm not trying to instigate right now, just stating a fact. This discussion is mostly political and has very little to do with football. It has zero to do with anything on the field. Everyone has opinions on Covid and such and I can't imagine what a discussion would look like on this topic without being considered political by most. I mean honestly, what is there to say? NFL has covid protocols in place. End of discussion. Any discussion of said protocols will be political. End of story.

HA

That's all you ever fucking do on this site is instigate

And I drew the line in the sand years ago with El jeffe having my back and egging me on behind the scenes

Shit like this only gets political because you two fucks keep trying to make everything political in order to cause shit and fucknup as many threads on here as you can

Joemailman
06-18-2021, 11:06 AM
If you want justice go to a court of law. There is no such thing in this kind of situation.

For the record, I did not inquire as to whether Tex would be banned. But enough about me. :-)

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/06/17/report-85-percent-of-dolphins-saints-players-fully-vaccinated-or-on-path/

Albert Breer of SI.com reports and PFT has confirmed that the Saints are one of two teams that have 85 percent of their players either fully vaccinated or on the way to reaching that status. The Dolphins are the other team in that category.

Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin said this week that he didn’t know the exact percentage of the team’s players that have been vaccinated, but said “what I understand we’re tops in the league in terms of this process.” Based on Thursday’s report, the Steelers wouldn’t be at the very top of the list but word this week was that there are three teams with 70 or more players with at least one dose of the vaccine.

Teams that have 85 percent of their players fully vaccinated are expected to have relaxed protocols this summer and during the season, although the full nature of those relaxations have not been announced. The league did announce that there will be much greater restrictions on unvaccinated players than their vaccinated brethren this week.

red
06-18-2021, 11:14 AM
And even if I insult you red, I don't want you gone. I didn't want Pb gone. I want football discussion. I also like political discussion, but have been leaving it alone lately. And when I do, I go to FYI. That was YOUR idea. We all accepted it. But then you have to live by it as well. You can't start a post about Trumps super spreader event and then complain that it wasn't political. You can't make offhand statements about people who choose to not get a vaccine as being nutjobs and pretend its not political.

Lets talk football. Lets talk Offensive line. Horrible ILBs. But lets leave collective bargaining agreements and Covid protocols out of it. Its not football.

There, bobble mentioned Trump's name which is exactly what I did, except he even took it farther. I was banned for half a year

I expect the fucking same for bobble

MadtownPacker
06-18-2021, 01:39 PM
What you expect means nothing so get over it. You never got banned half a year either but I can check the logs and if you are right tell me what you want. But if not we are going to make you right by banning you for half a year.

Freak Out
06-18-2021, 02:59 PM
LOL at this place. Rastak keep on keeping on friend.

Teamcheez1
06-18-2021, 04:14 PM
How about the moderators either lock the thread or move it to FYI? They continue to let the fire burn instead of doing their job.

MadtownPacker
06-18-2021, 04:24 PM
How about the moderators either lock the thread or move it to FYI? They continue to let the fire burn instead of doing their job.
Bitch shut the fuck up. Your opinion means absolutely nothing. Post some stupid shit like that again and I’ll lock you.

Joemailman
06-18-2021, 05:50 PM
Cole Beasley outspoken against the protocols NFLPA has agreed to. I largely disagree with him, but I'll keep the reasons to myself.:)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E4MDhqIXMAIiD9J?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E4MDhqIXoAMhtHT?format=jpg&name=large

Sparkey
06-18-2021, 06:31 PM
Seems like he has an entitlement attitude. "They forcing me to retire?"

Ummm, it's your employer giving you a choice.

Rastak
06-18-2021, 07:04 PM
Ras, I'm singling you out, but you could have made the perfect opening post and everyone else would have made the comments, on both sides. Thats why its political. This thread can only end one way.

Yea, I fucked it up. I admit it. I believe it is super relevant to the upcoming season but due to maybe 1 more beer than was needed I tossed in an editorial comment.

Rastak
06-18-2021, 07:06 PM
Seems like he has an entitlement attitude. "They forcing me to retire?"

Ummm, it's your employer giving you a choice.

Yea, this guy is a piece of work.

Joemailman
06-18-2021, 09:25 PM
Someone should explain to Beasley that there are people with certain allergies who cannot get the vaccine. There are also people with weakened immune systems who are not fully protected even if they get the vaccine. Their only defense against the virus, other than becoming hermits, is for those who are able to get the vaccine do so to help stop the spread of the virus.

Rastak
06-18-2021, 09:45 PM
Someone should explain to Beasley that there are people with certain allergies who cannot get the vaccine. There are also people with weakened immune systems who are not fully protected even if they get the vaccine. Their only defense against the virus, other than becoming hermits, is for those who are able to get the vaccine do so to help stop the spread of the vaccine.

My wife is one of those. I guess it is his choice. He does seem kinda pissed about getting a swab stuffed up his nose every day. Have fun Cole, it's a personal decision.

Freak Out
06-18-2021, 10:09 PM
So many in our country now are selfish and entitled and aren't willing to sacrifice anything for the nation and its people. Join a branch of the service and see how many needles you get stuck in you. It's not about you it's about us. Get the shot and play some football.

RashanGary
06-18-2021, 10:33 PM
They're gonna eliminate a seasonal coronavirus with a vaccine. How's that work On the flu?

sharpe1027
06-18-2021, 10:37 PM
Ironic.

Maybe you can explain what I need to be more self aware about. I'd rather know than remain ignorant. I readily admit am an asshole, and am often wrong. Must be something else.

I didn't really react well to a nuclear option threat about posting 50 CDC links and whining about how unfairly the rules are being applied. I'm an asshole that way. If other assholes hadn't gone so extreme so many times in the past, we wouldn't need the rule to be enforced so heavy handedly in the first place. Just tiresome.

Freak Out
06-18-2021, 11:14 PM
It's probably time to move this out of here. :)

Zool
06-19-2021, 12:24 AM
Yea, this guy is a piece of work.

Claims he went undrafted "because I'm white". Posts racist shit to Twitter then back tracks and apologizes. I can't wait to see what this genius' "research" turns up about vaccines. Maybe he'll turn magnetic too?

RashanGary
06-19-2021, 06:43 AM
Doctors and scientists from all over the world are speaking out about the mismanagement of covid and the possible dangers of the vaccine. Open your mind to the possibility that something is wrong here and listen to opposing views before just blindly following mainstream narratives.

https://twitter.com/sophiecbrr1/status/1406167872888528902?s=21

Sparkey
06-19-2021, 07:58 AM
Doctors and scientists from all over the world are speaking out about the mismanagement of covid and the possible dangers of the vaccine. Open your mind to the possibility that something is wrong here and listen to opposing views before just blindly following mainstream narratives.

https://twitter.com/sophiecbrr1/status/1406167872888528902?s=21
Lol

The makings of a great B movie on Syfy.

Sparkey
06-19-2021, 08:01 AM
While there are literally hundreds of cognitive biases, these seven play a significant role in preventing you from achieving your full potential:
Confirmation Bias. ...
Loss Aversion. ...
Gambler's Fallacy. ...
Availability Cascade. ...
Framing Effect. ...
Bandwagon Effect. ...
Dunning-Kruger Effect.

https://www.inc.com/sam-mcroberts/7-cognitive-biases-that-are-holding-you-back.html

RashanGary
06-19-2021, 11:29 AM
Look, I get it, it's hard to find opposing opinions. They're taken off of YouTube and Facebook and twitter censors too. The doctors, nurses and scientists are being censored and attacked, their careers threatened. But not everyone in science sees the same thing with these vaX. Many are speaking out.

Not trusting the vax has a lot to do with science and little to do with selfish. If the information I've gathered said it was safe and well researched, I would be down for everyone taking it too. But I listen to.the people who have boots on the ground and there is a lot of evidence suggesting the cure is worse than the problem.

RashanGary
06-19-2021, 11:34 AM
I love the way the MSM uses the magnets as examples of people questioning the narrative. The people I know consult virologists, doctors and nurses who are there while this unfolds. But based on what they show, you'd think we're all quacks. That's not how it is.

Upnorth
06-19-2021, 11:48 AM
Please move this to fyi before people get banned

wist43
06-19-2021, 02:57 PM
Please move this to fyi before people get banned

https://youtu.be/1A3WEMPZJD8

Teamcheez1
06-19-2021, 08:47 PM
Bitch shut the fuck up. Your opinion means absolutely nothing. Post some stupid shit like that again and I’ll lock you.

You’re limited intelligence and maturity continue to shine through with every comment you make. You have no business being a moderator for this forum. Shame on all of you that let this garbage continue.

red
06-19-2021, 09:35 PM
You’re limited intelligence and maturity continue to shine through with every comment you make. You have no business being a moderator for this forum. Shame on all of you that let this garbage continue.

He's not a mod. He's the one and only guy that actually owns the site

So even though he's a complete fucking prick, it is his site, he can do whatever he wants and all we can do is bitch about it

Rastak
06-19-2021, 09:47 PM

So even though he's a complete fucking prick, it is his site, he can do whatever he wants and all we can do is bitch about it

Team Cheez is slightly out of touch I guess. The Madman runs all of it. He also does pretty well in my humble opinion.

red
06-19-2021, 09:54 PM
Team Cheez is slightly out of touch I guess. The Madman runs all of it. He also does pretty well in my humble opinion.

kiss ass

sharpe1027
06-20-2021, 11:06 PM

Haha. People acting like they're entitled to one thing or another are in for a rude awakening. Mad could turn this site into a God damn Bears forum just to have a good laugh.

QBME
06-21-2021, 08:39 PM
I’ve slogged through the entire thread. Just a couple of points:

1. Coronus vaccines have been developed and distributed for a couple of decades.

2. Use the Google to understand Monoclonal RNA technology.

3. For generations “culling of the herd” is what keeps us ahead of the game.

4. Do what you think is right for whatever reason. No matter what.

Fosco33
06-21-2021, 08:53 PM
Emergency use order

90% ‘success’ rate and Breakthrough cases

T cell response to natural covid exposure

Myocarditis and vaccine

Is there a mandate for Nflpa for seasonal flu - if not, why not? The death rate <65 is about the same or less.

Lots of reasons why very healthy nfl athletes wouldn’t want/need a vaccine

MadtownPacker
06-23-2021, 11:57 PM
Are we good now?

Joemailman
07-22-2021, 04:00 PM
https://www.axios.com/nfl-coronavirus-outbreak-delayed-games-040e3f59-5012-4763-8b59-5f044080c8b4.html

The NFL told teams Thursday that postponed games due to coronavirus outbreaks among unvaccinated players or staffers will not be rescheduled this coming season and teams responsible for delays will automatically forfeit, according to NFL Network.

Why it matters: The league hasn't mandated vaccines for players, but this rule incentivizes teams to pressure unvaccinated players to get inoculated.

The league said players for both teams will not be compensated for any canceled games and that teams responsible for any outbreaks will have to cover financial losses from the canceled games.

Probably won't be an issue as no games were cancelled last year when the Covid outbreak was at its worst. But you never know. Florida, Nevada and Louisiana are hot spots right now.

red
07-22-2021, 04:52 PM
https://www.axios.com/nfl-coronavirus-outbreak-delayed-games-040e3f59-5012-4763-8b59-5f044080c8b4.html

Probably won't be an issue as no games were cancelled last year when the Covid outbreak was at its worst. But you never know. Florida, Nevada and Louisiana are hot spots right now.

having to "cover financial losses from the canceled games", really really stands out to me

i wonder then if the nfl will give teams cap relief if they cut players who refuse to get the shots

Joemailman
07-23-2021, 01:26 PM
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/07/23/report-rick-dennison-out-as-vikings-assistant-coach-after-refusing-covid-19-vaccine/

Vikings assistant coach Rick Dennison has reportedly lost his job because he refused to get the COVID-19 vaccine.

Dennison, who had been the Vikings’ offensive line coach/run game coordinator the past two seasons, parted ways with the team, according to Courtney Cronin of ESPN. The report does not specifically call Dennison’s departure a firing, although that’s what it sounds like.

The NFL is requiring Tier 1 staff — the people in closest contact with players, such as coaches and equipment managers — to get vaccinated. Players cannot be forced to get vaccinated.

Pressure is on.

red
07-23-2021, 01:30 PM
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/07/23/report-rick-dennison-out-as-vikings-assistant-coach-after-refusing-covid-19-vaccine/

Pressure is on.

yikes

first of many?

Jaire
07-23-2021, 10:10 PM

Belongs in FYI probably. There are a lot of opinions about vaxxes in general and this in particular.

Unfortunately, medicine is politicized due to general ignorance about medicine & immunology and also lots of propaganda.

Rastak's opening salvo is very inappropriate when many players will be losing jobs over this.. Not for "selfish reasons." That is garbage take especially for those who have suffered life debilitating adverse reactions as in my family.

Rastak
07-24-2021, 01:36 PM
Belongs in FYI probably. There are a lot of opinions about vaxxes in general and this in particular.

Unfortunately, medicine is politicized due to general ignorance about medicine & immunology and also lots of propaganda.

Rastak's opening salvo is very inappropriate when many players will be losing jobs over this.. Not for "selfish reasons." That is garbage take especially for those who have suffered life debilitating adverse reactions as in my family.

I already said I was sorry. It is going to be a very interesting dynamic though. Diggs already taking shots at good old Cole.

Jaire
07-24-2021, 02:45 PM
I already said I was sorry. It is going to be a very interesting dynamic though. Diggs already taking shots at good old Cole.

Amos is giving him props. Only 3 teams are over 70%. Lots of folks aginst this. Players are divided but most stay quiet (only a few who are secure are speaking up).

They are below their numbers and probably won't hit over 65% nationally Worse adverse effects than they expected. It would have been shut down for any other drug. Besides with three very cheap and effective remedies, no need for a jab.

Rastak
07-24-2021, 02:52 PM
Amos is giving him props. Only 3 teams are over 70%. Lots of folks aginst this. Players are divided but most stay quiet (only a few who are secure are speaking up).

They are below their numbers and probably won't hit over 65% nationally Worse adverse effects than they expected. It would have been shut down for any other drug. Besides with three very cheap and effective remedies, no need for a jab.

If you are in the NFL, it ain't gonna be cheap and it WILL be a royal pain in the ass and then some.

Harlan Huckleby
07-24-2021, 02:56 PM
Besides with three very cheap and effective remedies, no need for a jab.

idiocy

You complain about others dragging off-topics into football forum then you drop offensive facebook wisdom.

I blame madtown. what are we paying him for?

Jaire
07-24-2021, 03:15 PM
Sorry

I have several degrees. Not gonna let some ignoramuses give me medical advice. Have lots of MD friends too and the one I'm living with ain't getting the jab. It's nonsensical and criminal: untested, hazardous, and "for emergency use only." Keep your politics out of my medicine -- and the first principle of medicine is: primum non nocere. That's all you need to know.

Continue to listen to the politicians, health czars, media, and FB for your health. But please stay out of mine.

Jaire
07-24-2021, 03:43 PM

Just a correction. It's at 11,000 deaths now (doubled in the last month) and 500,000 reported events. They make it easy read here.

But VAERS is very unreliable as it underreports by over 90%. It's always suppressed the numbers for good reason: vaccine hesitancy.

https://t.co/kNI6eu3GHM?amp=1

Rastak
07-24-2021, 04:18 PM
Sorry

I have several degrees. Not gonna let some ignoramuses give me medical advice. Have lots of MD friends too and the one I'm living with ain't getting the jab. It's nonsensical and criminal: untested, hazardous, and "for emergency use only." Keep your politics out of my medicine -- and the first principle of medicine is: primum non nocere. That's all you need to know.

Continue to listen to the politicians, health czars, media, and FB for your health. But please stay out of mine.

Let's keep it to football. You can get sick on your own time. (I do have to admit lycanthropy was a pretty bad side effect). This is going to be interesting as I will say again.

Jaire
07-24-2021, 05:07 PM
The lycanthropy?

Or the nfl in the year of Covid two?

Rastak
07-24-2021, 06:00 PM
The lycanthropy?

Or the nfl in the year of Covid two?

My Pfizer shot turned me into a werewolf. It's only once a month though so not super bad.

MadtownPacker
07-24-2021, 06:50 PM
Sorry

This thread was already put in the right direction but your late reply is stirring shit up. So Jaire please desist now.

Rastak - why are you engaging?

Rastak
07-24-2021, 06:53 PM
This thread was already put in the right direction but your late reply is stirring shit up. So Jaire please desist now.

Rastak - why are you engaging?

Sorry Bro, my bad.

Let's get this back on track. I think there will be a very interesting dynamic as I previously mentioned. Locker room division is certainly going to crop up all over the NFL.

Teamcheez1
07-24-2021, 07:33 PM
Sorry

99% of recent COVID deaths and 97% of hospitalizations are unvaccinated individuals. Do what you wish.

red
07-24-2021, 07:55 PM
Sorry Bro, my bad.

Let's get this back on track. I think there will be a very interesting dynamic as I previously mentioned. Locker room division is certainly going to crop up all over the NFL.

if/when that first game is forfeited, teams might just blow up on each other.

Harlan Huckleby
07-24-2021, 08:36 PM
My Pfizer shot turned me into a werewolf. It's only once a month though so not super bad.

I had no side effects and the tasks that Bill Gates is having me do are not so bad.

King Friday
07-24-2021, 08:58 PM
It's only the coaches that can get canned for not being vaccinated, correct? Regardless, there is certainly potential for this season to turn into a debacle. Finger pointing, lawsuits, drunk orgies with Huck and Gates... Sheesh.

Rastak
07-24-2021, 09:05 PM
if/when that first game is forfeited, teams might just blow up on each other.

I think so.

Harlan Huckleby
07-25-2021, 04:47 PM
There's a real conundrum happening at the Olympics. The vaccines are superb at preventing illness/hospitalizations but imperfect at blocking infections. There's a lot of virus in Tokyo, and a lot of athletes are testing positive and being sent home. It really sucks. The vaccine keeps them from spreading the virus or being symptomatic. How does the NFL treat these benign positives?

Zool
07-26-2021, 12:49 AM
Bring black the Polio

George Cumby
07-26-2021, 10:19 AM
Bring black the Polio

I was hoping small-pox would make a comeback.

/s

bobblehead
07-26-2021, 11:54 AM
99% of recent COVID deaths and 97% of hospitalizations are unvaccinated individuals. Do what you wish.

Source?

bobblehead
07-26-2021, 11:54 AM
There's a real conundrum happening at the Olympics. The vaccines are superb at preventing illness/hospitalizations but imperfect at blocking infections. There's a lot of virus in Tokyo, and a lot of athletes are testing positive and being sent home. It really sucks. The vaccine keeps them from spreading the virus or being symptomatic. How does the NFL treat these benign positives?

If it keeps them from spreading how are they all getting sick?

Harlan Huckleby
07-26-2021, 12:05 PM
If it keeps them from spreading how are they all getting sick?

They are not sick or contagious. But they have enough virus in their snout to test positive. It is a short time infection that the immune system (stimulated by vaccine) is dealing with very well.

bobblehead
07-26-2021, 12:41 PM
They are not sick or contagious. But they have enough virus in their snout to test positive. It is a short time infection that the immune system (stimulated by vaccine) is dealing with very well.

If thats the case why would they be kept from competing. If they aren't sick and they aren't spreading it why pull them from competition?

Harlan Huckleby
07-26-2021, 02:34 PM
If thats the case why would they be kept from competing. If they aren't sick and they aren't spreading it why pull them from competition?

I suppose they don't have the tools to make a more sophisticated decision.

bobblehead
07-27-2021, 07:47 AM
I suppose they don't have the tools to make a more sophisticated decision.

So your expertise on covid and the vaccine are superior to thos that the olympic specialists have at their disposal? If vaccinated people were protected, why would the NFL need to cancel games and have + tested vaccinated people miss games? Those unvaccinated should be the only ones to suffer the consequences of missing time and being sick. The simple solution would seem to be that if you get covid and miss games/practice you lose game checks. That way you don't punish fans, team mates and others because an unvaccinated player got sick. I mean, that is if you say everyone who is vaccinated isn't getting sick or spreading it, merely testing positive because they have a few cells in their nostrals.

I am still very confused why all the protected people who are vaccinated need to isolate and all that stuff if they aren't sick and aren't spreading it. They shouldn't be punished in that way if they are vaccinated. Why would the NFL do such a thing? (or the olympics).

Harlan Huckleby
07-27-2021, 08:27 AM
I mean, that is if you say everyone who is vaccinated isn't getting sick or spreading it, merely testing positive because they have a few cells in their nostrals.

Nobody said 100% effectiveness. Breakthrough infections requiring hospitalization are unusual. The vaccines are extremely effective. These facts are so widely reported and documented that you obviously aren't going to accept any particular source. But here is one of thousands you can reject:

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-health-941fcf43d9731c76c16e7354f5d5e187

bobblehead
07-27-2021, 02:00 PM
Nobody said 100% effectiveness. Breakthrough infections requiring hospitalization are unusual. The vaccines are extremely effective. These facts are so widely reported and documented that you obviously aren't going to accept any particular source. But here is one of thousands you can reject:

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-health-941fcf43d9731c76c16e7354f5d5e187

Oh, I don't disagree that the vaccine is effective at minimizing severity. You said they were all asymptomatic and couldn't spread it. That simply is not true. As usual you misrepresent what I asked and try to walk back what you said. Thank you for clarifying. So to sum it up, vaccinated people are getting infected and even spreading covid. They don't get as sick as those that aren't vaccinated in general. That is very different than what you said.

Given what we now agree on, why do you care if someone chooses NOT to take a vaccine? Its up to them if they have weighed the risks of covid vs. the risks of the vaccine and decided against it. As long as you are vaccinated (or whoever) you are in a lower risk group.

hoosier
07-27-2021, 02:26 PM
Why should anyone care if someone who can vaccinate refuses to do so? First, because the unvaccinated are more likely to spread the virus to others, some of whom might be unvaccinated but not by choice. And because unchecked spread of virus increases chances of further mutations that may prove refractory to current vaccines. Do you think schools should be forbidden from requiring that students be up to date on chicken pox, mumps, TB and DTP? Wait, don't answer that.

MadtownPacker
07-28-2021, 08:06 AM
Yeah no one answer that, or it’s going to be two weeks until you can respond.

Let’s stay on track with this thread or we can go the other way.

bobblehead
07-28-2021, 08:19 AM
Yeah no one answer that, or it’s going to be two weeks until you can respond.

Let’s stay on track with this thread or we can go the other way.

sorry mad, I was just asking questions based on the entirely non political assertions of other posters. They must be entirely non political because you didn't step in until I started asking questions. The question is the political part I guess, not the assertion.

Teamcheez1
07-28-2021, 08:31 AM
Source?

How many sources do you want listed? Do me a favor and just google the COVID stats and you will find many state and federal sources showing that 99% of our COVID problem is due to unvaccinated people.

Sparkey
07-28-2021, 08:48 AM
Check Please!

MadtownPacker
07-28-2021, 09:10 AM
sorry mad, I was just asking questions based on the entirely non political assertions of other posters. They must be entirely non political because you didn't step in until I started asking questions. The question is the political part I guess, not the assertion.I was telling Hoosier because he was bringing up school which has nothing to do with how it affect football and is just asking to derail this thread.

You have actually been doing very well. I understand this is a tricky subject but it does have NFL ties so hoping everyone can discuss it.

Joemailman
07-28-2021, 09:17 AM
Washington Football Team coach Ron Rivera described himself as "beyond frustrated" Tuesday with the COVID-19 vaccination rate on his team.

While nearly half the league has reached a 90 percent vaccination rate among players, Rivera would only say Tuesday that his club is over 50 percent.

"I think it's frustrating. Especially in the fact that last year we were the No. 1 team against COVID," Rivera said. "Our players took the challenge of staying inside the bubble, doing the things the right way and for the most part, you know we only had two situations. Both of them were guys who weren't on the active 53, so it turned out to be a positive for us, as far as being COVID free. And now for whatever reason we have some reluctance to do that, to get the vaccine."

FWIW, Gute sounded pretty upbeat about how the Packers are doing, although he didn't give any numbers. Yesterday, Wisconsin had its highest number of new cases since mid-April, so the issue isn't going away.

bobblehead
07-29-2021, 09:34 AM
I was telling Hoosier because he was bringing up school which has nothing to do with how it affect football and is just asking to derail this thread.

You have actually been doing very well. I understand this is a tricky subject but it does have NFL ties so hoping everyone can discuss it.

We can not. That is my point. There is a mountain of disinformation in this thread, but if I address it properly all hell breaks loose. This is a political discussion. Data out of the UK and Israel vary greatly from the 99% number our media loves to repeat. That number has no bearing in any data presented. This thread is only "non political" because those of us who have a certain view aren't allowed to refute stupid false talking points, but those of another certain view are allowed to spew them endlessly. This is what some want. The ability to spout a certain viewpoint, while silencing the other side. If anyone disputes the claims made by several posters in this thread about the vaccine WE are the ones being political.

This entire thread is a circle jerk of disinformation, but hey, keep telling your self its football related.

Jaire
07-29-2021, 10:02 AM
Andrew Brandt on what it means. Last seven minutes. The whole interview is good too.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-rodgers-reunion-with-andrew-brandt/id1537464451?i=1000530239187

bobblehead
07-30-2021, 11:46 AM
I’ve slogged through the entire thread. Just a couple of points:

1. Coronus vaccines have been developed and distributed for a couple of decades.

2. Use the Google to understand Monoclonal RNA technology.

3. For generations “culling of the herd” is what keeps us ahead of the game.

4. Do what you think is right for whatever reason. No matter what.

Just one more example of people having no fucking clue what they are talking about. Please tell me of all the "other" coronavirus vaccines that have been developed and distributed for decades. I'm dying to hear about them all.

Harlan Huckleby
07-30-2021, 12:07 PM
Just one more example of people having no fucking clue what they are talking about. Please tell me of all the "other" coronavirus vaccines that have been developed and distributed for decades. I'm dying to hear about them all.

It's a mind-boggling complex issue. "Coronavirus" is SARS-CoV-2. Research on vaccines for the SARS family of viruses has been going on for decades. "Distributed" is a stretch, I don't think any SARS vaccine was authorized in the U.S., beyond some clinical trials. But there were SARS vaccines used in other countries.

The talk that "Operation Warp Speed" developed a vaccine in record time is misleading at best. The mRNA vaccines were already there from the past decades of development. As soon as the Chinese gave the DNA sequence of the particular spike protein for SAR-COV-2 to worldwide scientists, the mRNA vaccines were produced within two weeks. The glory of OWS was in their funding the manufacture of vaccines, and accelerating the testing.

The mRNA vaccines for Covid are the first time that amazing technology has been deployed anywhere. The crushing need compressed the final testing.

I understand about 10% of what is presented here:
https://jbiomedsci.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12929-020-00695-2

Harlan Huckleby
07-30-2021, 05:02 PM
The news coming out this week about how contagious the Delta variant is makes the NFL rules impractical, IMO. Vaccinated ppl are catching and transmitting the virus at nearly the same rate as the unvaccinated. It seems near possible to keep an entire team virus free. The "bubble" will have to be even more secure than last year. Not sure how this is going to work.

RashanGary
07-30-2021, 06:37 PM
The people are dying in the streets. Just open your eyes, it's all around you. Covid policies are making a lot of sense. There should be more of them to stop this blood bath.

scharpcheddar
07-30-2021, 10:00 PM
The people are dying in the streets. Just open your eyes, it's all around you. Covid policies are making a lot of sense. There should be more of them to stop this blood bath.

Lol

scharpcheddar
07-30-2021, 10:04 PM
So if you have 15 vaccinated guys in the weight room and and an unvaccinated guy shows up, either the unvaccinated guy is barred from entering or one of the vaccinated guys have to leave. Teams will have to figure out ways to deal with that. If I were a guy not assured of making the team, I'd get vaccinated.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E4Bdsd5VkAU5fWL?format=jpg&name=900x900

The way you deal with that is ignoring it. I guarantee it's all for show and will not be followed.

Aside from that, you gave to be a blithering idiot to not realize this is tyranical medical apartheid in function.
They are using the nfl to show you what they plan to do to you trained dogs.

bobblehead
07-31-2021, 10:02 AM
The way you deal with that is ignoring it. I guarantee it's all for show and will not be followed.

Aside from that, you gave to be a blithering idiot to not realize this is tyranical medical apartheid in function.
They are using the nfl to show you what they plan to do to you trained dogs.

That is a way too political take. Stop it. You were fine until the last paragraph.

bobblehead
07-31-2021, 10:04 AM
The news coming out this week about how contagious the Delta variant is makes the NFL rules impractical, IMO. Vaccinated ppl are catching and transmitting the virus at nearly the same rate as the unvaccinated. It seems near possible to keep an entire team virus free. The "bubble" will have to be even more secure than last year. Not sure how this is going to work.

That was news 2 weeks ago in the UK and Israel, but our media has to....nevermind. It was known 2 weeks ago, which was the reason I was challenging your assertion that the vaccinated were asymptomatic and couldn't spread it. Incidentally I wish the world would catch up to the data that those who had the actual original strain have been largely immune to alll variants to date. Guys like Cam Newton should be treated as vaccinated (I have no idea if he is or not, but you get the point).

Harlan Huckleby
07-31-2021, 10:17 AM
Incidentally I wish the world would catch up to the data that those who had the actual original strain have been largely immune to alll variants to date.

That is not a consensus at all. In fact studies show that ppl with mild symptoms have low antibody levels.
Plus there was the dramatic demonstration in Brazil where a region had extremely high infection rates, some said "herd immunity" achieved. A new variant swept through and caused a nightmare of suffering.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/mar/02/brazil-variant-evaded-immunity-previous-covid-cases

Harlan Huckleby
07-31-2021, 12:14 PM
That was news 2 weeks ago in the UK and Israel, but our media has to....nevermind.

BTW, the Israel study had a tiny sample size and reported all sorts of contrarian indicators. It was widely dismissed, although perhaps it was correct about the transmission among the vaccinated.

The anti-vax movement, the global warming "hoax" crowd, the "you can't prove smoking causes cancer" contrarians in the 60s all find outlier scientific results and amplify them.

bobblehead
08-01-2021, 09:25 AM
BTW, the Israel study had a tiny sample size and reported all sorts of contrarian indicators. It was widely dismissed, although perhaps it was correct about the transmission among the vaccinated.

The anti-vax movement, the global warming "hoax" crowd, the "you can't prove smoking causes cancer" contrarians in the 60s all find outlier scientific results and amplify them.

Again, you are making this political. Any scientist worth a damn agrees that natural immunity is stronger than fake vaccination immunity. Fauci admitted as much on the floor of the U.S. senate. Every data point and study known to man shows that natural immunity is superior to vaccination. But don't let any of that get in the way of your agenda to politicize all of this...which is why this thread can't be anything other than political.

How about the cleveland clinic? Are they an ok institution? They did a study of 50k people. 4 groups. Vacc/never had, Vacc/had, noV/never had, noV/had. The two "previously had" groups accounted for ZERO new cases. Is that solid enough?

"We recently shared research that provides insight into how the immune system protects the body after a confirmed COVID-19 infection. The study followed Cleveland Clinic caregivers over five months as the vaccination process was beginning. The data showed that the vaccine was extremely effective in preventing COVID-19 infection. In addition, we found that none of the previously infected employees who remained unvaccinated were re-infected over the duration of the study."

Harlan Huckleby
08-01-2021, 01:28 PM
Every data point and study known to man shows that natural immunity is superior to vaccination.

you have no idea what you are talking about.

https://www.jhsph.edu/covid-19/articles/why-covid-19-vaccines-offer-better-protection-than-infection.html

Harlan Huckleby
08-01-2021, 01:36 PM
The data showed that the vaccine was extremely effective in preventing COVID-19 infection. In addition, we found that none of the previously infected employees who remained unvaccinated were re-infected over the duration of the study."

This is not a statement that natural immunity is superior to vaccines or that it endures long term. That only involved the early phase of the covid assault.
We saw the limit of natural immunity in a huge sample size in Brazil. That happened over nearly a year. Natural immunity completely failed to block a variant.

Harlan Huckleby
08-01-2021, 01:53 PM
Vaccines are developed in cases where natural immunity is ineffective. Not ineffective in 100% of cases - only a small minority caught polio before the vaccine.
Oh ya, the side effects of the new vaccines are not statistically worse than all our other vaccines, including the ones that all school children take.

I won't participate in this thread anymore because it is outlet for anti-vacc junk science.

RashanGary
08-01-2021, 02:53 PM
Vaccines are developed in cases where natural immunity is ineffective. Not ineffective in 100% of cases - only a small minority caught polio before the vaccine.
Oh ya, the side effects of the new vaccines are not statistically worse than all our other vaccines, including the ones that all school children take.

I won't participate in this thread anymore because it is outlet for anti-vacc junk science.

:lol:

Yeah, the trusty upside down food pyramid is great consensus science. And the 1-3% predicted death rate of covid from those brilliant scientists really stood the test of time. Once the govt scientists come out with some garbage they call science, we’re all supposed to just go right along over the cliff without passing it by the bullshit meter first.

The over use of ventilators in covid treatment was another brilliant medical science victory too, hh. Go get your ventilator, I’m sure it will work out great for you.

But don’t question the vaXX :lol:

RashanGary
08-01-2021, 03:16 PM
Reasons to not blindly follow the science:

1. Scientists were paraded around the news circuit with death models of 1-3% death rates from Covid. They were using early case numbers to extrapolate that brilliant death prediction. The early cases were done with limited testing when only the hospitalized were being tested so of course the hospitalized weren’t going to be a good indicator of how it would affect healthy people. The old bullshit test was enough to ignore the scientists on that one and time proved us correct.

2. Incentivizing the use of ventilators as a covid treatment. I have videos of nurses crying and quitting their jobs because they knew the ventilators would kill their patients and they were unnecessary. How many unneeded deaths occurred in the name of trusting the science there?

3. Over 11,000 reported deaths in VAERS due to the vax. And studies have shown VAERS is a vastly underused. Some estimates show as little as 1% reporting rate due to all of the barriers involved in submitting the report.

Oh, there are plenty of reasons not to blindly follow the whims of any science, including vaccine science. These players an anyone else should have the right to wait until more data is in on these vaccines. Or just not participate if they choose not to take that chance.

MadtownPacker
08-01-2021, 03:27 PM
You are all some sorry mfers so tell you what. I’m gonna leave this thread here even though it is fucked and anyone that post anything in it gets zapped. Anyone makes another COVID thread can be more than that.

Bobble - You get to be right that posters can’t keep this nonpolitical but don’t pretend you aren’t contributing to it. So “Keep telling yourself” that.

scharpcheddar
08-01-2021, 04:18 PM

You do realize MRNA isn't a vac to begin with, don't you?

oldbutnotdeadyet
08-01-2021, 05:05 PM
You do realize MRNA isn't a vac to begin with, don't you?

So? Mrna is just a method to create vaccines. Mrna was looked at for previous vaccines but covid was the 1st widespread use of the technique.

The other thing people on sports sites should not do is believe they know more about a virus or vaccine than the scientists. Don't take the vaccine if you don't have to for work, but try not to scare people who are thinking about taking it.

The bottom line is vaccines work, they have always worked, and they still work..

RashanGary
08-01-2021, 08:09 PM
The bottom line is vaccines work, they have always worked, and they still work..

So you’re not a scientist either but you’re the authority on what the bottom line is? Different scientists have different views on these mRNA vaxx’s

Zool
08-01-2021, 08:50 PM
So you’re not a scientist either but you’re the authority on what the bottom line is? Different scientists have different views on these mRNA vaxx’s

Odd how everyone seems to tout the "studies" that back up their already held beliefs.

bobblehead
08-01-2021, 11:48 PM
You are all some sorry mfers so tell you what. I’m gonna leave this thread here even though it is fucked and anyone that post anything in it gets zapped. Anyone makes another COVID thread can be more than that.

Bobble - You get to be right that posters can’t keep this nonpolitical but don’t pretend you aren’t contributing to it. So “Keep telling yourself” that.

Of course I am. Intentionally. And again, I will be done with it. The point has been made. But the real point is that they want to spout their nonsense and scream "POLITICS" when its challenged.

call_me_ishmael
08-02-2021, 12:03 AM
I honestly don't see what the talking points are here. Personally, I don't think the policies are necessary, etc for professional athletes that are in fantastic shape fat boys aside. Never the less, all parties agreed to these terms so I don't really see any issue and clearly neither side does either since they agreed.

My biggest hope is the NFL can have fans in the stadium again and the cap goes up next year so the Packers don't need to totally punt on their depth.

Joemailman
08-02-2021, 01:57 PM
MLF said today Packers have 11 players not vaccinated. That would put them over the 85% the NFL has established as the threshold which means relaxed protocols.

MadtownPacker
08-02-2021, 05:09 PM
Of course I am. Intentionally. And again, I will be done with it. The point has been made. But the real point is that they want to spout their nonsense and scream "POLITICS" when its challenged.The point being that you didn’t stick to what you said YOU would do but then who does here.

With that said tell you what. Since you are so right I’m not going zap your ass like I said in my previous post. That’s what I am doing do everyone who has posted since, even zool who is an admin is banned right now. Maybe everyone you hate will post here and I can ban them too. I looo forward to it.

bobblehead
08-03-2021, 08:54 AM
Mad, I don't want anyone zapped. I don't mind the political discussion. I just don't want to be silenced while others get to take zingers all day. Simple as pie. I just hate hypocrisy.

MadtownPacker
08-03-2021, 08:33 PM
No I think you do. Joe got it but for some reason his avatar is showing. He was a “lib” so should feel extra good.

Tony Oday
08-04-2021, 06:28 AM
I say let the virus run and take out the weak, they are drains anyway, maybe it gets some bears fans.

scharpcheddar
08-09-2021, 12:16 AM
Put this in the political threads.
You can't not refer to it otherwise.

George Cumby
08-09-2021, 11:10 AM
Put this in the political threads.
You can't not refer to it otherwise.

Bullshit.

It's a public health issue, not a political one.

scharpcheddar
08-09-2021, 01:01 PM
Bullshit.

It's a public health issue, not a political one.

It's a pretend propaganda health issue. Brought on by govt.

George Cumby
08-09-2021, 02:37 PM
It's a pretend propaganda health issue. Brought on by govt.

Hahahahahahahahaha

You're the numerology guy, right?

You don't have a whole lot of credibility.

scharpcheddar
08-09-2021, 08:38 PM
Hahahahahahahahaha

You're the numerology guy, right?

You don't have a whole lot of credibility.

What ever you think credibility is...?
You believe media.= Absolutely no credibility.

George Cumby
08-09-2021, 09:28 PM
What ever you think credibility is...?
You believe media.= Absolutely no credibility.

Your straw man has no credibility.

MadtownPacker
08-09-2021, 09:34 PM
2 more fall to this thread.

Reminder- If your name isn’t Bobble don’t post in this thread. It is over and anyone bringing shit up in other threads will get the same thing. Bobble is right, you fucks can’t help yourselves when it comes to this topic.

falco
08-09-2021, 09:47 PM
The point being that you didn’t stick to what you said YOU would do but then who does here.

With that said tell you what. Since you are so right I’m not going zap your ass like I said in my previous post. That’s what I am doing do everyone who has posted since, even zool who is an admin is banned right now. Maybe everyone you hate will post here and I can ban them too. I looo forward to it.

fuck you, if you want to ban Zool, ban me too

MadtownPacker
08-09-2021, 10:04 PM
I finally did exactly want you wanted me to.

Sparkey
08-11-2021, 01:55 PM
:duel: :drma: :glug:

TateM30
08-23-2021, 06:23 AM
are you considering anti-vaxxers weak then? like unable to make rational decisions? lot of people who didnt want to take the vax getting full on covid rn.