PDA

View Full Version : Raiders DE Carl Nassib Comes Out of Closet

Anti-Polar Bear
06-22-2021, 03:17 AM
Warren Moon
@WMoon1
Really proud of Carl Nassib. The first active football player to ever do so. I played with several guys who never were comfortable enough to go public. They were great teammates, & obviously very talented.

Ole Warren’s signed with the Houston Oilmen in 1984. Ted Thompson’s final season as an Oilmen was the 1984 season. I ain’t saying, I’m just saying.

sharpe1027
06-22-2021, 06:37 AM
Warren Moon
@WMoon1
Really proud of Carl Nassib. The first active football player to ever do so. I played with several guys who never were comfortable enough to go public. They were great teammates, & obviously very talented.

Ole Warren’s signed with the Houston Oilmen in 1984. Ted Thompson’s final season as an Oilmen was the 1984 season. I ain’t saying, I’m just saying.

Just stop before you dig yourself deeper.

George Cumby
06-22-2021, 08:07 AM
Where are my pearls? I need something to clutch.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-22-2021, 09:28 AM
Just stop before you dig yourself deeper.

Cool, cool. This thread shouldn’t be about Ted Thompson. It should be about Nassib.

So David Carr, 2 1sts and Nassib for the Great Arm of Butte?

Anti-Polar Bear
06-22-2021, 09:29 AM
Where are my pearls? I need something to clutch.

You don’t need a clutch. Nobody drives manual transmission cars anymore.

smuggler
06-22-2021, 09:49 AM
Glad he's happy. Not really the right forum for this, though.

Joemailman
06-22-2021, 09:54 AM
Matt Gay kicked in all 16 games for Bucs in 2019. Kicked in 7 games for the Rams in 2020. Willie Gay Jr. played for the Chiefs last year. What's the big deal?

Tony Oday
06-22-2021, 12:19 PM
I could care less who they sleep with as long as it is consensual and they are over 18.

HarveyWallbangers
06-22-2021, 12:20 PM
It is no big deal in 2021, but the media has to pretend it is. I'm sure ESPN had it on the scroll all night last night.

Fritz
06-22-2021, 02:31 PM
I think in the context of the very macho world of the NFL and a portion of its (probably older) fanbase, it's still a big deal.

I remember in the 90's when a local Detroit radio guy interviewed Milt Wilcox, a pitcher from the 80's and 90's, about having female reporters in the locker room - a big deal and something that had just started. The radio guy asked about how Wilcox would feel about having a gay player in the lockerroom, and Wilcox said some ridiculously stupid shit about how he didn't want some guy staring at him in a lockerroom and so on. So I called the radio station and asked what the hell made Wilcox think a gay guy would necessarily want to look at him, being both ugly and stupid.

Athletes, at least the older ones, lived in a neanderthal world, and the NFL still seems to have a bit of that macho anti-gay mentality even yet. Though I could be wrong and hope I am.

Joemailman
06-22-2021, 04:51 PM
I don't know if this will improve things within the framework of the team for gay players. Maybe it in some way will. As a fan, I just assume there are a fair number of gay players in the NFL and am fine with that. I don't feel the need to know who is gay and who is straight. I don't have a problem with Nassib coming out. I'm just not sure what the significance of it is in a society that is much more accepting of gay people than it was even 10 years ago.

wist43
06-22-2021, 05:23 PM
Nowadays it's, "virtue signaling"... I don't care if the guy likes to suck another man's balls or not - but I damn sure don't need to know about it.

Suppose he had a fat cow of a wife, with rolls of fat over her ankles and feet... I don't want to know about how he likes to fuck the crack nearest to what may or may not be her asshole.

Shut your mouth, mind your own business - I'll mind mine, keep that shit to yourself, and go out and play football.

Why is that so hard??

NewsBruin
06-22-2021, 06:47 PM
So far, I've not seen a "coming out" video where they talk about what specifically they do in bed,. Nassib certainly didn't say whether he had anyone in his life or what he was looking for.

Taking Nassib's video at face value, he was directing it at teens who think they're the only one in the locker room who liked guys. To have to hold in something like that for 14 or so years of football can't be easy, especially when there's enough lame garbage stories about who Tom Brady, Russell Wilson, Patrick Mahomes, and that Rodgers fella are snogging.

I've never felt alone because I like chicks, but I have felt alone and wrong for other reasons in times and places in my life. I've also been around co-workers who were the only fill-in-the-blank on the jobsite and had to be their own role models. It's not fun, and if someone helps someone else feel understood and valid, that's a pretty cool thing.

Freak Out
06-22-2021, 08:22 PM
I could care less who they sleep with as long as it is consensual and they are over 18.

What's crazy is that there are 9 states that have no age set as a legal age of consent. Kids are married off all the time as long as the parents and a judge allows it. Kids.

sharpe1027
06-22-2021, 08:32 PM
Nowadays it's, "virtue signaling"... I don't care if the guy likes to suck another man's balls or not - but I damn sure don't need to know about it.

Suppose he had a fat cow of a wife, with rolls of fat over her ankles and feet... I don't want to know about how he likes to fuck the crack nearest to what may or may not be her asshole.

Shut your mouth, mind your own business - I'll mind mine, keep that shit to yourself, and go out and play football.

Why is that so hard??

No shit. How many times do we have to listen to players mention/thank their wives or have them at the games? It's ridiculous. Rodgers is one of the worst, always in the news about some hot chick he's probably banging. Keep that shit to yourself.

wist43
06-22-2021, 08:46 PM
So far, I've not seen a "coming out" video where they talk about what specifically they do in bed,. Nassib certainly didn't say whether he had anyone in his life or what he was looking for.

Taking Nassib's video at face value, he was directing it at teens who think they're the only one in the locker room who liked guys. To have to hold in something like that for 14 or so years of football can't be easy, especially when there's enough lame garbage stories about who Tom Brady, Russell Wilson, Patrick Mahomes, and that Rodgers fella are snogging.

I've never felt alone because I like chicks, but I have felt alone and wrong for other reasons in times and places in my life. I've also been around co-workers who were the only fill-in-the-blank on the jobsite and had to be their own role models. It's not fun, and if someone helps someone else feel understood and valid, that's a pretty cool thing.

So what, buck up and deal with it. Take it to a shrink, or a support group... it's your personal business - keep it there.

Zool
06-22-2021, 08:46 PM
It is no big deal in 2021, but the media has to pretend it is. I'm sure ESPN had it on the scroll all night last night.

It's actually a pretty big deal still for a lot of people. People are trying to get gay pride month removed.

wist43
06-22-2021, 08:50 PM
No shit. How many times do we have to listen to players mention/thank their wives or have them at the games? It's ridiculous. Rodgers is one of the worst, always in the news about some hot chick he's probably banging. Keep that shit to yourself.

You're an idiot.

sharpe1027
06-22-2021, 09:16 PM
You're an idiot.

If I had a quarter for every time I heard that I'd have a dollar a day for the rest of my life. It's probably true.

I am still smart enough think you're not an idiot and can see the double standard for what it is. Heterosexual guy let's everyone know he prefers women, I don't hear anything from you. Homosexual guy does the same thing, "keep it to yourself!"

Upnorth
06-22-2021, 09:22 PM
If I had a quarter for every time I heard that I'd have a dollar a day for the rest of my life. It's probably true.

I am still smart enough think you're not an idiot and can see the double standard for what it is. Heterosexual guy let's everyone know he prefers women, I don't hear anything from you. Homosexual guy does the same thing, "keep it to yourself!"

Heterosexual football player, homosexual football player. Dont care.

HarveyWallbangers
06-22-2021, 09:24 PM
It's actually a pretty big deal still for a lot of people. People are trying to get gay pride month removed.

What tiny percentage of the population is that? They won the culture war, so gay pride month actually seems unnecessary. And it’s turned overtly political. Almost every family I know has gay family members, and I don’t know any gay family members who aren’t accepted. Small sample size, but I have to believe it’s the norm in 2021. However, there are people who make money on the aggrieved—similar to race baiters like Al Sharpton.

sharpe1027
06-22-2021, 09:35 PM
What tiny percentage of the population is that? They won the culture war, so gay pride month actually seems unnecessary. And it’s turned overtly political. Almost every family I know has gay family members, and I don’t know any gay family members who aren’t accepted. Small sample size, but I have to believe it’s the norm in 2021. However, there are people who make money on the aggrieved—similar to race baiters like Al Sharpton.

I'll grant things changed, but it's not like a switch was thrown and everything was perfect. This should not be a story at all. Nobody should be complaining about someone admitting they are gay (particularly if they are complaining about their personal sexual thoughts not anything actually said). Nobody should be trying to imply a deceased GM is gay, as if it matters. Yet, here we are.

HarveyWallbangers
06-22-2021, 10:00 PM
I don't care if he admits if he's gay. No problem with that. I just don't think many people care anymore, but ESPN and the woke crowd will make a big deal out of it--despite nobody caring. It will be highly politicized. It will be played up like it's courageous and a large percentage of the country hates gay people or something. I'm pretty sure 90% of the country doesn't give two shits about it.

HarveyWallbangers
06-22-2021, 10:01 PM
I'll grant things changed, but it's not like a switch was thrown and everything was perfect. This should not be a story at all. Nobody should be complaining about someone admitting they are gay (particularly if they are complaining about their personal sexual thoughts not anything actually said). Nobody should be trying to imply a deceased GM is gay, as if it matters. Yet, here we are.

Really, you're talking about Tank, right? The self-proclaimed progressive who is only here to stir shit up?

wist43
06-22-2021, 10:18 PM

Don't sell yourself short, I'm sure you'd pull in more than $1/day :)

While I am a libertarian and truly don't care on a personal level, all these social justice battlefronts are agenda driven - and that agenda is not benign.

As with the covid thread, these are social/political topics. Not football topics. Trouble is few of you, indeed few Americans, understand anything about why these subjects are always at the forefront of sports and entertainment.

You don't understand, and you never will.

Zool
06-22-2021, 11:58 PM

Well that's the tough part. A lot of the bigots are just as far in the closet at some of the gay people. Minimizing it by saying it's a tiny % probably feels pretty bad to a guy getting his ass kicked for being gay.

sharpe1027
06-23-2021, 12:11 AM
Don't sell yourself short, I'm sure you'd pull in more than $1/day :)

While I am a libertarian and truly don't care on a personal level, all these social justice battlefronts are agenda driven - and that agenda is not benign.

As with the covid thread, these are social/political topics. Not football topics. Trouble is few of you, indeed few Americans, understand anything about why these subjects are always at the forefront of sports and entertainment.

You don't understand, and you never will.
We agree on one thing, your original post had almost nothing to do with a football. Not sure why you felt the need to tell us all how much you don't care by sharing the graphic sex acts you think of when some says they are gay, but here we are.

You keep telling yourself you don't care. It's pretty clear from your actions something as simple as mentioning his sexual preference bothers you.

This is going straight to FYI.

wist43
06-23-2021, 12:16 AM
We agree on one thing, your original post had almost nothing to do with a football. Not sure why you felt the need to tell us all how much you don't care by sharing the graphic sex acts you think of when some says they are gay, but here we are.

You keep telling yourself you don't care. It's pretty clear from your actions something as simple as mentioning his sexual preference bothers you.

This is going straight to FYI.

Like I said, you're an idiot.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-23-2021, 01:23 AM
I am a libertarian…

Herein lies the irony.

You cry about folks crying about their identities, and then you proceed to cry about your own identity.

Sarcastically, nobody gives a fuck that you’re a “librarian.” Ole Wist said it best: “Shut your mouth, mind your own business - I'll mind mine, keep that shit to yourself.”

Vincenzo
06-23-2021, 01:34 AM
You're an idiot.
My whole body had a good shake at least 3 times thinking about your comment.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-23-2021, 03:01 AM

Why over 18? What the fuck’s wrong with exactly 18?

wist43
06-23-2021, 09:26 AM

What's wrong with16?? 14?? NAMBLA??

What's wrong with 2 lesbians making out in the mall in front of my kids (which happened)??

Ah yes, the process of demoralization is beautiful thing, huh??

Tony Oday
06-23-2021, 09:41 AM

Because that is a birthday party day and its weird when you lay pipe in front of family and nana.

Zool
06-23-2021, 10:23 AM
Because that is a birthday party day and its weird when you lay pipe in front of family and nana.

You don't know what Nana is into. Voyeurism is all she has left at this age.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-23-2021, 11:22 AM
What's wrong with16?? 14?? NAMBLA??

What's wrong with 2 lesbians making out in the mall in front of my kids (which happened)??

Ah yes, the process of demoralization is beautiful thing, huh??

See Musings of Polar Bear thread in FYI.

wist43
06-23-2021, 11:27 AM
See Musings of Polar Bear thread in FYI.

You should have watched that documentary I linked you on Karl Marx, you would have liked it.

hoosier
06-23-2021, 12:24 PM
LOL at the puritanical "libertarians" getting all hot and bothered when their political philosophy gets turned against them.

wist43
06-23-2021, 01:36 PM
LOL at the puritanical "libertarians" getting all hot and bothered when their political philosophy gets turned against them.

Nothing inconsistent in objecting to the destructive agenda of the radical left.

You're far too ignorant to discern shit from shinola though, aren't you??

Again, this is not a football topic, and belongs in FYI.

smuggler
06-23-2021, 02:24 PM

I'm opposed to gay pride month but not homosexuality. Not all people against token bullshit are against the thing that the token bullshit tries to exploit or capitalize.

RashanGary
06-23-2021, 10:58 PM
I’m glad it’s ok to be openly gay now. I hope it keeps going that direction.

MadtownPacker
06-24-2021, 12:01 AM
Really, you're talking about Tank, right? The self-proclaimed progressive who is only here to stir shit up?why are you not sticking to the topic??

MadtownPacker
06-24-2021, 12:04 AM
Nothing inconsistent in objecting to the destructive agenda of the radical left.

You're far too ignorant to discern shit from shinola though, aren't you??

Again, this is not a football topic, and belongs in FYI.maybe I didn’t read it right but this thread was doing good talking about a legit NFL topic. Why can’t people stick to the subject???

Do I move this thread or ban the whole lot. Doesn’t matter at this point.

Upnorth
06-24-2021, 04:02 PM
maybe I didn’t read it right but this thread was doing good talking about a legit NFL topic. Why can’t people stick to the subject???

Send a link to schefter about arod wanting to move GB packers to California. He will over react and post something stupid from your anonymous source and we get 2 weeks of crap to bullahit about. And no one is posting anout politics

MadtownPacker
06-24-2021, 07:23 PM
Send a link to schefter about arod wanting to move GB packers to California. He will over react and post something stupid from your anonymous source and we get 2 weeks of crap to bullahit about. And no one is posting anout politicsLets start with this, you don’t decide when shit needs to be moved. Ever

So the mention of Al sharpton, libertarian, Marx, progressive are not political? Give me a legit answer if you can make one up or give me a fucking break.

wist43
06-24-2021, 07:38 PM
maybe I didn’t read it right but this thread was doing good talking about a legit NFL topic. Why can’t people stick to the subject???

PC topics are ugly and divisive by their very nature. Just saw that Charles Barkley is leaving TNT's Inside The NBA b/c he's sick of all the PC BS. Says the exec's are cowards, and are trying to dictate what he can and can't say. I agree with him.

In general, if you're not onboard the PC bandwagon - you're ostracized, banned, fired, suspended, demoted, etc.

It's one of the reasons I started my own company. I now only answer to 2 people, my wife and MadtownPacker, lol... :)

MadtownPacker
06-25-2021, 11:53 AM
I get it man I do. Nature of the beast.

Why can’t the topic just be discussed, even how posters feel about it, without resorting to bringing up politics. Just say that’s bullshit he is a cocksucker or good for him type of stuff.

Fritz
06-25-2021, 12:37 PM

Why can’t the topic just be discussed, even how posters feel about it, without resorting to bringing up politics. Just say that’s bullshit he is a cocksucker or good for him type of stuff.

Or, good for him and he is a cocksucker.

MadtownPacker
06-25-2021, 02:18 PM
Or, good for him and he is a cocksucker.
Couple of you bitches are too and it never stopped you from being loved. :lol:

wist43
06-25-2021, 07:51 PM

The answer to the "why we can't have nice things" question is that these social/culture topics are intended to be divisive. They are used as truncheons by the left in the war they are waging against America, against freedom. The other PC causes are the same - race, feminism, all the trans nonsense, etc.

They all spawn from the same poisonous, Marxist, anti-America, anti-family tree.

It isn't about some gay kid playing in the NFL, it's about the agenda behind the promoting of the gay kid playing in the NFL. As I said, that agenda is not benign. It is deadly serious.

Upnorth
06-25-2021, 09:14 PM
Lets start with this, you don’t decide when shit needs to be moved. Ever

So the mention of Al sharpton, libertarian, Marx, progressive are not political? Give me a legit answer if you can make one up or give me a fucking break.

I think you misunderstood. I was blading Adam schefter for his draft day post. We plant something, he exagerrates, we over react and blah blah blah about football stuff instead of politics.

There is a ton of politics un this thread.I'm not disputing it. I have opinions about this as well but tried not to post them. Instead making an obviously lame joke that was missed.

George Cumby
06-25-2021, 09:48 PM
They all spawn from the same poisonous, Marxist, anti-America, anti-family tree.

It isn't about some gay kid playing in the NFL, it's about the agenda behind the promoting of the gay kid playing in the NFL. As I said, that agenda is not benign. It is deadly serious.

LOL.

WTF is this psycho shit?

Zool
06-26-2021, 01:39 AM
LOL.

WTF is this psycho shit?

That's why I blocked him a while back. The gay agenda has a lot to do with dinner parties and dressing nice. The horror!

Upnorth
06-26-2021, 08:14 AM
That's why I blocked him a while back. The gay agenda has a lot to do with dinner parties and dressing nice. The horror!

Why can't my salmon dress shirt be called pink dam it!

wist43
06-26-2021, 08:23 AM
Ignorance, the official standard of understanding for the American people ;)

P.S. Take note of the Thomas Sowell quote.

wist43
06-26-2021, 09:55 AM

One of my favorite interview format shows is The Dave Rubin Report - he's gay and married to another man. He says the exact same thing I do on this subject. The agenda of the left has nothing whatsoever to do with anybody's rights. So-called civil rights are simply vehicles used by the left to attack America's culture.

Loved his interview with Thomas Sowell, who is a former Marxist. The point is, once you begin to peel the onion and actually study these subjects, where the genesis of ideas comes from, the funding, the organization, etc, you begin to understand.

Simply looking at the superficial surface and thinking you understand these subjects is foolish.

MadtownPacker
06-26-2021, 01:20 PM
Upnorth - It’s all good man just frustration getting to me.

Wist - You have said it already, please stop man so I don’t have to zap you because you n ok I don’t want to. I don’t want to ban anyone but you are all grown fucking men who can’t help themselves from following simple rules that have been harped on over and fucking over. If you can’t talk about a thread without going there then don’t post in it. Please!

wist43
06-26-2021, 01:39 PM
Upnorth - It’s all good man just frustration getting to me.

Wist - You have said it already, please stop man so I don’t have to zap you because you n ok I don’t want to. I don’t want to ban anyone but you are all grown fucking men who can’t help themselves from following simple rules that have been harped on over and fucking over. If you can’t talk about a thread without going there then don’t post in it. Please!

I'm fine with that... ciao.

wist43
06-26-2021, 01:44 PM
Spent the last few days in NYC... that's enough to make anyone cranky. What a shithole... don't know why anyone would live there.

Love the new sig BTW ;)