PDA

View Full Version : KFFL Packers notes

Rastak
09-13-2006, 07:20 PM
Packers | Robinson could be active in Week 2 as kickoff returner
Wed, 13 Sep 2006 17:23:44 -0700

Green Bay Packers WR Koren Robinson took part in a limited portion of practice at wide receiver Wednesday, Sept. 13. He will work with the team's kickoff return unit Thursday, Sept. 14, and may be active to return kicks during Week 2. He probably won't play much at the receiver position during Week 2.

Packers | Coston ruled out for Week 2
Wed, 13 Sep 2006 17:23:24 -0700

Green Bay Packers OT Junius Coston (knee) will not play during Week 2.

Packers | Blackmon injury update
Wed, 13 Sep 2006 17:23:05 -0700

Green Bay Packers CB Will Blackmon (foot) is still recovering from a broken foot and did not practice Wednesday, Sept. 13. He probably won't play during Week 2.

Packers | Henderson ready to go
Wed, 13 Sep 2006 17:22:39 -0700

Green Bay Packers FB William Henderson (knee) practiced Wednesday, Sept. 13, and declared himself ready to play during Week 2.

Packers | Spitz misses practice
Wed, 13 Sep 2006 16:52:45 -0700

Green Bay Packers OG Jason Spitz (thigh) did not practice Wednesday, Sept. 13, and won't play during Week 2 if he is unable to practice by Friday, Sept. 15.

BananaMan
09-13-2006, 07:31 PM
If Spitz doesn't play...

Ouch.

BallHawk
09-13-2006, 08:12 PM
This O-line is a mess.

Well, at least Hendu is back. :D

gbpackfan
09-13-2006, 09:17 PM
I remember when Spitz got hurt in the preseason. He gave an interview and the guy asked him if he was going to play in the next game. Spitz saif of course he was because playing hurt is something that he does. If Spitz misses Sundays game I would be very surprised.

This is where a vet. back up in the o-line would be nice.

motife
09-13-2006, 09:20 PM
Notes: McCarthy could give Colledge try
By TODD ROSIAK
trosiak@journalsentinel.com
Posted: Sept. 13, 2006
Green Bay - Roughly a month after losing his starting left guard spot to Jason Spitz, Daryn Colledge appears ready to regain it - if only for a game - Sunday against the New Orleans Saints.

Advertisement

Spitz continues to be hampered by a bruised left thigh suffered Sunday in the Green Bay Packers' 26-0 loss to the Chicago Bears.

The injury kept him out of practice Wednesday, and coach Mike McCarthy said if he's unable to practice by Friday, the Packers would move ahead with Colledge as their starter.

"(Spitz) is hopeful, but we'll see," McCarthy said. "It's a pretty significant bruise."

Spitz, a rookie third-round pick out of Louisville, wasn't available during the team's open locker room period but was seen limping noticeably. He was listed as questionable on Green Bay's injury report.

Spitz opened training camp as the starting right guard but was switched to the left side after Colledge, a second-round pick out of Boise State, struggled mightily in the Packers' exhibition opener.

Colledge had been practicing mostly at left tackle since being demoted but also took some snaps at guard. He took all the reps Wednesday in Spitz's stead.

"I'm past that," Colledge said. "I'm a different player than I was then. I think I was ready to go the day after that game. I knew what corrections I needed to make, I've made them and hopefully it'll show against New Orleans."

Colledge said the biggest difference in the month that's passed is his feel for the game.

"For me, it was just playing faster," he said. "I was sitting back there being a rookie and trying to over-think stuff. I didn't want to be the guy who screwed up. I realized I just had to get back to playing football and run around at full speed and just do what I do."

McCarthy agreed.

"I think he's definitely improved," he said. "He's had the opportunity to move around and play a number of different positions, so this will be a good week for him to anchor down and get ready to play a game."

Ready to go
Fullback William Henderson was listed as questionable on the Packers' injury report Wednesday, but both he and McCarthy indicated he'd be ready to go Sunday.

Henderson underwent arthroscopic knee surgery Aug. 21 but returned to practice Wednesday after being withheld from the Chicago game and limited in practice the week before.

Tight end David Martin is serving as Henderson's backup for the time being, following the release of Vonta Leach on Tuesday.

"It was a numbers game," said McCarthy said. "I thought Vonta played well in the game. I thought Vonta did everything that was asked of him in his time here. We have some numbers throughout our team as far as different positions that are not traditionally in the balance that have gone on in the past.

"We're doing more what's best for our 53 in the direction of our football team. So it was a tough decision to make and we feel that William is ready to go."

Injury list
In addition to Spitz and Henderson, the Packers listed tackle Junius Coston (knee) as out and cornerback Will Blackmon (foot) as questionable for Sunday.

Blackmon didn't practice Wednesday after suffering a setback with his foot, according to McCarthy, and his status is considered day-to-day.

The Saints listed fullbacks Keith Joseph (knee) and Mike Karney (calf) and safety Bryan Scott (hamstring) as out for Sunday, with Joseph being placed on injured reserve.

Defensive end Michael Haynes (back) and defensive tackle Rodney Leisle (knee) are questionable and cornerback Dejuan Groce (hamstring) and linebacker Terrence Melton (hamstring) are probable.

RashanGary
09-14-2006, 11:36 AM
I hope Colledge plays hard. I think he could win it back if he just plays the game instead of being hesitant.

Fritz
09-14-2006, 11:55 AM
Wow, we went from everybody b__tching about TT having two rookie guards to worrying about what the Pack will do if one of them goes down.

Maybe Spitz is this year's Mark Tauscher.