PDA

View Full Version : Which Packer(s) Have Best Chance To Be Selected To 1st Pro Bowl? (Pick Up To 3)

Joemailman
06-24-2021, 10:35 AM
Pick 3, less than 3 or none at all. None is one of the options.

The following players have been selected to a Pro Bowl and are not eligible:

Aaron Rodgers, Aaron Jones, Davante Adams, Marcedes Lewis, David Bakhtiari, Elgton Jenkins, Kenny Clark, Zadarius Smith, Jaire Alexander.

Poll To Follow

Joemailman
06-24-2021, 10:45 AM
Tonyan just needs to get the ball more. P Smith is in shape and on an incentive-laden contract. Savage could be an INT machine.

hoosier
06-24-2021, 10:49 AM
Voted Tonyan and Gary based on nothing more than a feeling. My prediction for Love is that he will suck: following in the footsteps of Bert and Rodgers, the law of averages is stacked heavily against him. JK Scott got snubbed big time in this poll and, while I didn't vote for him, I think he has a better shot than any of the remaining riff raff.

Joemailman
06-24-2021, 11:20 AM
Voted Tonyan and Gary based on nothing more than a feeling. My prediction for Love is that he will suck: following in the footsteps of Bert and Rodgers, the law of averages is stacked heavily against him. JK Scott got snubbed big time in this poll and, while I didn't vote for him, I think he has a better shot than any of the remaining riff raff.

I totally forgot about special teams players when putting this poll together. Believe it or not Mason Crosby has never been selected to the Pro Bowl. I guess that's what happens to kickers who don't kick in domes.

Spaulding
06-24-2021, 11:56 AM
Great idea for a thread, especially given the recent drama filled threads and thus something football related that is hopeful.

Went with the obvious ones in that I think Savage has the best chance with Gary a close second. Tonyan/Lazard/MVS could all take it to the next level. Given the ability to stretch the field by MVS, I think that if he can cure the alligator arms on the ones he should catch that he has the best chance to elevate things and thus picked him 3rd.

Ideally it would be Keke taking his game to pro-bowl level as that would probably be the best thing that could happen to the defense to have another DL stud and free up Clark to play more five technique.

hoosier
06-24-2021, 12:02 PM
I totally forgot about special teams players when putting this poll together. Believe it or not Mason Crosby has never been selected to the Pro Bowl. I guess that's what happens to kickers who don't kick in domes.

Yeah, Mason's best years have been squandered as team has been diligently perfecting the art of shitting the bed in championship games. JK Scott, meanwhile, well, as Brian De Palma would say, the future is his.

HarveyWallbangers
06-24-2021, 12:02 PM
Who The hell is Chad Myers?

HarveyWallbangers
06-24-2021, 12:04 PM
Amos has been close before. He’s probably the most likely.

Joemailman
06-24-2021, 12:16 PM
Who The hell is Chad Myers?

Make that Josh Myers. Center.

RashanGary
06-24-2021, 03:44 PM
I said savage Amos and Tonyan. We packer fans know Gary is on the rise, but usually a guy doesn’t get recognition until the year after his first big year. Amos, Savage and Tonyan all had legitimate years last year so could get recognition with big seasons this year. I would have rather been able to pick 4 though. I would have added Gary. I thought about taking Savage off for Gary.

wist43
06-24-2021, 07:51 PM
I went Tonyan, Savage, and Amos.

TE is such a weak position, it wouldn't take much to get Tonyan over the line.

RashanGary
06-24-2021, 08:32 PM
I went Tonyan, Savage, and Amos.

TE is such a weak position, it wouldn't take much to get Tonyan over the line.

Great minds think alike :wink:

Joemailman
06-24-2021, 10:34 PM
I thought for sure Wist would take one of the Packers ILB's.

Upnorth
06-24-2021, 11:18 PM
I almost picked tonyon but 0 drops and an unsustainable touchdown rate make me think it might be a down year for him.

Almost went Amos but he doesn't get the ints so he doesn't get the press he deserves and needs

Savage is trending up. If jones gets injured dillions quads will destroy everything in front of him (it's like the teen titans go legs episode). Gary is going to be unleashed.

Great thread I feel optimistic!

MadtownPacker
06-25-2021, 12:02 PM
Rodgers returns but karma pays him a visit half ways and Love bring a whole new dynamic to the offense. Him and Dillon lead the charge to an NFC championship game. Effectively ending the erin Rodgers era.

King Friday
06-25-2021, 12:23 PM
I'm leaning toward none. Pro bowl voting always seems to be more of a career achievement vote than anything else. Some guys should deserve consideration, but it normally takes 2-3 strong seasons to earn the cred. Gary is probably the top guy overall for me, because he plays one of the glamour positions where if he racks up a sack a game, he will gain notoriety.

Upnorth
06-25-2021, 06:12 PM
This isn't exactly fitting here but by crap

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2021/06/25/packers-have-4-of-pffs-top-15-players-entering-2021/

wist43
06-26-2021, 09:28 PM
I'll throw Gary on the honorable mention list...

He has a chance if he can develop a solid secondary move, and get better at disengaging.

Fritz
06-28-2021, 07:56 AM
Somebody made a good point, though, that the way it works is that a player has a great, breakout year, and then the following year gets chosen for the pro bowl.

So if Gary ends up with a bunch of sacks and plays great, he'll get chosen to the pro bowl - the following year.

Based on this understanding of how it works, I voted Tonyan.

Upnorth
06-28-2021, 02:00 PM
I think that for 3 positions it is not based on past performance. Edge rusher is based on sack production, CB is based on its and media market size. Safety is based on either ints or how many highlight hits they have.

RashanGary
06-28-2021, 06:14 PM
Gary would need 15+ sacks to make the probowl over established stars. The odds of that happening are slim.

I think Gary is poised for a 8-12 sack season. There's no way id put him as our most likely new pro bowler. An ideal 12 sack season wouldnt even do it.

RashanGary
06-28-2021, 06:17 PM
Tonyan had a big touchdown season, is poised to be a bigger part of the offense, the NFC is weak at TE. If I had to pick 1, I pick tonyan and I think it's not very close who would be second.

Joemailman
06-28-2021, 07:21 PM
Gary would need 15+ sacks to make the probowl over established stars. The odds of that happening are slim.

I think Gary is poised for a 8-12 sack season. There's no way id put him as our most likely new pro bowler. An ideal 12 sack season wouldnt even do it.

He wouldn't need 15. Only one player in the entire NFL had 15 last year. Double-digit sacks gets you a lot of attention. But what really gets you a lot of attention is a big game in a nationally televised game against a premier opponent. That helps more than a big game against the Lions in a noon game on Sunday

call_me_ishmael
06-28-2021, 11:39 PM
I think generally though recognition is a trailing indicator so if Gary has a great year, it'll be the following year when he is a household name. I think Gary, the safeties, and Jaire are all poised to become well-known players. Everything is in front of them.