PDA

View Full Version : Packers since the Favre era who have a shot at the HOF

RashanGary
07-03-2021, 07:33 PM
We got Favre and Wolf. Reggie is an eagle and chuck a Raider.

Leroy Butler should be in.

Rodgers will make it.

Clay might have been the closest thing. Jaire Alexander might be the only guy with a career trajectory that could carry him that far.

RashanGary
07-03-2021, 07:35 PM
Jaire will need to get interceptions though. I wonder if he made 10 probowls and 6 all pros but only had 38 interceptions if hed have a shot?

red
07-03-2021, 09:32 PM
so since the start of the favre era?

yeah butler for sure

any of the WRs have a shot. maybe driver? adams?

any chance for ahman? he was near the top in a lot of categories with a lot of other big name RBs

clay is a maybe, probably better then 50/50 shot

maybe crosby. he's getting up there towards the all time records. do they let kickers in?

i'd say way too soon for a guy like jaire. you never know when a collins type freak accident is gonna show up and wipe out a good looking career early

RashanGary
07-03-2021, 09:43 PM
Davante needs to be good for 5 more years to have a shot. He has 6,500 yards. He needs 6,500 more and he's almost 30.

RashanGary
07-03-2021, 09:48 PM
I was going through HOf wrs. They tend to have 1,000 yard seasons up.to about age 34 or 35. Davante needs to be healthy and he does have a shot.

Health is the biggest question for Adams. Those HOf careers are healthy.

But I think you're right, Red, Adams has a shot.

I still think jaire has a shot too. Adams and Jaire.

hoosier
07-03-2021, 10:32 PM
Bakhtiari if he stays healthy and continues to work at it could be a candidate.

Upnorth
07-04-2021, 08:25 AM
If we are projecting best odds to jaire.
Then bak.
Then Adams
Now for massive projection,
Savage, jenkins, Gary.

Anti-Polar Bear
07-04-2021, 08:55 AM
Why ain’t Al Harris in the Hall?

Bretsky
07-04-2021, 09:46 AM
Davante needs to be good for 5 more years to have a shot. He has 6,500 yards. He needs 6,500 more and he's almost 30.

agree; and he might be the best in the NFL right now. Getting two to three more healthy AROD years might go a long way

MadtownPacker
07-04-2021, 02:23 PM
No one on offense is getting in besides Rodgers cuz he gets all the credit as seen on this forum.

Fritz
07-04-2021, 02:36 PM
I think red made a good point about Ahman Green. But I think his wife-beating tendencies, along with the fact he didn't produce at a high level for quite enough years, both hurt him.

If he'd had a few more years of production but still beat his wife, he'd have a chance. If he had the same numbers but didn't beat his wife, he'd have a chance. But not with both of those strikes against him.

I still think he's the best Packer running back I've ever seen, and I go back to John Brockington.

Anti-Polar Bear
07-04-2021, 03:40 PM
I think red made a good point about Ahman Green. But I think his wife-beating tendencies, along with the fact he didn't produce at a high level for quite enough years, both hurt him.

If he'd had a few more years of production but still beat his wife, he'd have a chance. If he had the same numbers but didn't beat his wife, he'd have a chance. But not with both of those strikes against him.

I still think he's the best Packer running back I've ever seen, and I go back to John Brockington.

Maybe long term exposure to aphrodisiac vids has fucked up my memory a bit, but I don’t recall reading anything about Green being a wife beater. All I know is Green divorced his 1st wife and then pulled a Tex and engaged in heterogeneous DNA-mixing with his 2nd wife (Ha-Ha Clinton’s duck, I am funnier than Adam Sandler).

I did read something about Green committing corporal punishment upon his daughter. Ain’t you old timers cool with corporal punishment? Partial and I, we young parents, we prefer the Fuller House - yes, Fuller, as in the Netflix series (DJ has morphed into one hot MILF) - treatment. Send the kid to her room for the night and take away her cellphone for a week. That’ll teach her a lesson.

RashanGary
07-04-2021, 04:50 PM
agree; and he might be the best in the NFL right now. Getting two to three more healthy AROD years might go a long way

Three more years of Rodgers and Adams could easily be up to 10,000 yards at age 31. Then it would take some health luck down the stretch of his career and he’s got an outside shot.

red
07-04-2021, 05:42 PM
was ahman the one who was guilty of being a man when the cops showed up to a domestic shouting match?

Jaire
07-12-2021, 02:47 PM
Butler should be in (snub)

A lot of guys that could make it on the roster now:

AR (obviously), Bakh (has borderline all pro #'s already), Jaire (barring injury, dude = stud, won't be denied), Jenkins, Adams (has to have several more seasons like last year), Crosby & Lewis (both borderline)

And bringing up the rear

the dark horse HoF contender

RASHAN GARY, all time future GB sack leader (wishful thinking, not impossible)

Savage has just begun, too early to say.

Others Sterling Sharpe (long shot), Collins (sure fire would-have-been)

Anyways, this team has real talent. (I would feel better with Leonhard as DC.) Most talent, since 1992-1997 except in the FO

RashanGary
07-12-2021, 04:14 PM
Nick Collins injury hurt us bad. He would have had a shot. I’d put him in the Packer HOF anyway. Edit, oh shit, he already is.