PDA

View Full Version : Draft and trade rumors

imscott72
04-17-2006, 10:47 AM
ESPN.com's Todd McShay believes the Saints are leaning towards drafting LT D'Bricksahaw Ferguson over DE Mario Williams.
New Orleans would love to trade out of the second pick and draft Ferguson or A.J. Hawk. They have made efforts to prepare second-year pro Jammal Brown to play the left side, but will move him back to the right if Ferguson is the pick. Apr. 17 - 10:43 am et
Source: ESPN.com Insider

LaVar Arrington reportedly asked the Giants for a seven-year, $47 million contract from the Giants.
That sounds suspiciously like what fellow Poston Brothers client Julian Peterson got from the Seahawks. While five teams are still showing some interest in Arrington, he's not getting that kind of deal. Apr. 17 - 9:12 am et
Source: Dayton Daily News

The Saints would reportedly listen to trade offers for Donte' Stallworth.
Stallworth is entering a contract year, but this still doesn't make sense to us. Who's going to start at wide receiver if he's dealt? Devery Henderson? Apr. 17 - 8:51 am et
Source: Denver Post

The Bucs are reportedly likely to trade a starting cornerback if they signed Charles Woodson.
Some Tampa reports claimed Woodson would move to safety. Ronde Barber and Brian Allen would be very attractive to "Tampa 2" teams like the Bears or Colts. Barber is one of the more underpaid players in the league. Apr. 16 - 12:01 pm et
Source: Boston Globe

Three teams are expected to make a push for WR Javon Walker.
Denver has already expressed interest in trading for the injured star, while Philadelphia and San Francisco are projected to enter the fray. Green Bay hasn't shown a willingness to listen to offers as of yet. Apr. 16 - 9:56 am et
Source: Denver Post

Harlan Huckleby
04-17-2006, 10:57 AM
LaVar Arrington reportedly asked the Giants for a seven-year, $47 million contract from the Giants.
That sounds suspiciously like what fellow Poston Brothers client Julian Peterson got from the Seahawks.

Wow. That's a lot of money for a guy coming off a rough patch.

I won't be a bit surprised to see him wind-up with packer in a couple months, though.

imscott72
04-17-2006, 11:01 AM
That sounds suspiciously like what fellow Poston Brothers client Julian Peterson got from the Seahawks.

Wow. That's a lot of money for a guy coming off a rough patch.

I won't be a bit surprised to see him wind-up with packer in a couple months, though.

What makes you say that HH? I don't see TT pulling the trigger on a guy that is looking for that much money and has a sketchy past..

MJZiggy
04-17-2006, 11:02 AM
I wouldn't either. Especially if a certain QB shows up here next season.

Harlan Huckleby
04-17-2006, 11:06 AM
His price will come down in two months. He is going to sign SOMEWHERE, and G.B. looks like as good a candidate as any place.