PDA

View Full Version : When does Tyrone Culver get some action?

MadtownPacker
09-13-2006, 09:27 PM
After the easy TD Manuel gave Berrian last Sunday I am wondering how many games (losses) it will be before we go all youth and throw Culver out there?

Yes I know Im jumping the gun.

falco
09-13-2006, 09:33 PM
If Manuel keeps playing like Mark Roman Jr., I say do it. We're playing a ton of shitty players anyways, because its "the only way they'll get experience".

I agreed with ridding the team of "stumblebums", but you've got to have some experience out there as well for the rookies to grow.

HarveyWallbangers
09-13-2006, 09:44 PM
Manuel blew that play, but I loved the way he tackled. With Roman, we mostly got below average coverage with mediocre tackling. Looks like Manuel will be solid in one phase.

Culver is going to get some action when Madtown shows up at his door and grabs some ankles.

MadtownPacker
09-13-2006, 09:45 PM
Culver held his own in preseason which I know aint saying much but I bet he wouldnt have let Berrian get behind him like that cuz he played with him at Fresno State and knows he is fast.

MJZiggy
09-13-2006, 09:46 PM
He played against Bush too and said in his locker room interview that he's looking forward to hitting him.

vince
09-13-2006, 09:58 PM
Manuel blew that play, but I loved the way he tackled. With Roman, we mostly got below average coverage with mediocre tackling. Looks like Manuel will be solid in one phase.

Culver is going to get some action when Madtown shows up at his door and grabs some ankles.
:shock: :D

Joemailman
09-13-2006, 10:13 PM
Manuel made a mental error. He'll be alright. Culver has a lot of potential, but no need to throw him in there before he's ready.

Bretsky
09-13-2006, 10:14 PM
Manuel made a mental error. He'll be alright. Culver has a lot of potential, but no need to throw him in there before he's ready.

You mean like some of our starting OL ? :wink:

Joemailman
09-13-2006, 10:23 PM
Our OL options seem to be a bit limited.

Harlan Huckleby
09-13-2006, 11:00 PM

this roster is so thin, it's almost unbelievable.

I have been a supporter of Thompson's rebuilding philosophy. But it looks like he took the youth movement a little too far. The team is hovering near 2-14 territory. What if Kampman or Collins or Wells or Tauscher or Green or Driver get hurt!!?? They are so vulnerable.

Fritz
09-14-2006, 11:58 AM

:shock: :D

Freakin' hilarious.

mmmdk
09-14-2006, 01:28 PM

this roster is so thin, it's almost unbelievable.

I have been a supporter of Thompson's rebuilding philosophy. But it looks like he took the youth movement a little too far. The team is hovering near 2-14 territory. What if Kampman or Collins or Wells or Tauscher or Green or Driver get hurt!!?? They are so vulnerable.

I second the above; we're so close to picking Taco Wallace off of the streets again. On another note though, Atlanta Falcons have 14 rookies on their roster this year but they added DE Abraham plus others and they have the best run blocking OL in the league. Take notes TT. Still, TT should be given time - I'm NOT calling for his head. But we're worse than last year and we have no signicant injuries (knock on wood).