PDA

View Full Version : Emphasis on taunting

RashanGary
08-17-2021, 06:18 PM
Boring. The excitement and shit talk after plays is part of the experience. It's like doucheing a vagina, they're just taking something good and making it worse.

texaspackerbacker
08-17-2021, 09:32 PM
The NFL is doing this now? It's been a bullshit rule in the NCAA for a long time.

Fritz
08-18-2021, 08:02 AM
Ha ha! You're both ugly and your moms dress you funny! Nah-nah-nah-nah-nah-nah! You look like a monkey and smell like one too!

ThunderDan
08-18-2021, 09:16 AM
Personally, I don't go to the games to see players taunting each other. So this rule is a big nothing to me.

Isn't it good enough to blow a player up and not stand over him and scream at him?

texaspackerbacker
08-18-2021, 09:38 AM
It's a big nothing right up until our side gets a 15 yard penalty or worse yet a TD called back for some stupid taunting call.

ThunderDan
08-18-2021, 09:59 AM
It's a big nothing right up until our side gets a 15 yard penalty or worse yet a TD called back for some stupid taunting call.

Once again showing your vast football knowledge, they don't call back TDs. The 15 yards would be assessed on the kickoff.

texaspackerbacker
08-18-2021, 01:23 PM
They damn well do in the NCAA. Google agrees.

Tony Oday
08-18-2021, 01:30 PM
I am happy they have this. Fuck Hill and his taunting.

King Friday
08-19-2021, 07:44 AM
I am all for getting rid of true taunting. Flashing deuces and standing over people is crude and has no place in the game. However, this effort will also eliminate more basic celebrations for a great play. The penalty handed out to flexing the other night was stupid. If you are celebrating with your teammates and fans, there should be no penalty. Taunting is pretty damn obvious when you see it. If you have to think about whether or not it crosses the line, then it does not cross the line

jklowan
08-19-2021, 09:49 AM
Simple fix to this problem.... Do your job and you'll be the one taunting

Tony Oday
08-19-2021, 11:15 AM
I am all for getting rid of true taunting. Flashing deuces and standing over people is crude and has no place in the game. However, this effort will also eliminate more basic celebrations for a great play. The penalty handed out to flexing the other night was stupid. If you are celebrating with your teammates and fans, there should be no penalty. Taunting is pretty damn obvious when you see it. If you have to think about whether or not it crosses the line, then it does not cross the line

Agreed I do not mind the celebration with the crowd but be more like Barry and act like you have done it before.

texaspackerbacker
08-19-2021, 11:46 AM
I don't like taunting, AND I don't like the stupid teammate stuff like our D used to do last season. But I hate worse the thought of one of our guys getting penalized for something, deserved or not. The league is full of rude and crude people - life in general is. I'm sure the Packers have plenty too. All the rotten shit they allow - which I'm not gonna mention because I don't want to get banned, but ya'all know what I mean, and then they feel the need to make or enhance a stupid rule like this. Sheeeeesh.

RashanGary
08-19-2021, 12:09 PM
Football is intense. Emotion is gonna spill over. That’s part of the fun of it. Taunting makes it exciting.

Javon Kearse sacked Rodgers early in his career and said, “stay down, bitch.” That’s intense. That makes it feel edgy and dangerous. It’s not golf. It’s physical and dangerous and fun. There’s no reason to stifle the intense and emotional aspects of life.

RashanGary
08-19-2021, 12:58 PM
Wolves are aggressive, raw, intense.

A well trained poodle is controlled, docile, obedient, trained.

Its like we’re rewarding people for being obedient poodles. There’s no room to just be a raw, natural animal.

Stupid. Striving to be obedient poodles is stupid.

texaspackerbacker
08-19-2021, 01:56 PM
I've got an aggressive intense raw Pomeranian who will snap and growl at anything. On the other hand, I've got a big gentle loving Malamute who just chills because she KNOWS she can take anything that comes into her world/our yard. I don't know what that means for taunting hahahaha, but small dog syndrome probably is a factor. I doubt the toughest bastards on the field do much taunting. Also, being obedient and well-trained usually gets you farther than growling and taunting - like not getting 15 yard penalties or worse. Don't get me wrong, though, I'm still against having a penalty against it.

texaspackerbacker
08-19-2021, 04:55 PM
I just saw Aaron Rodgers' press conference. He doesn't much care for the new emphasis on taunting either.

RashanGary
08-19-2021, 05:41 PM
I just saw Aaron Rodgers' press conference. He doesn't much care for the new emphasis on taunting either.

It’s part of the game. Guys are gonna talk shit and be fired up. Stupid rule. But poodles are what we’re after.

Anti-Polar Bear
08-19-2021, 11:49 PM
Fuck Hill and his taunting.

Yo, yo, I dig ya, fellow cracka. Fuck fake ass punks like Taysom Hill and Tyler Herro. White bois acting all Black and shit, yo. All hip hop and shit. All ghetto and shit.

Hill’s a fucking Mormon, for fuck’s sake! What’s up with the guy listening to rap music, wearing skinny jeans, and mocking opponents after a big play? And Herro, wigga was Parital’s BFF in the ‘urbs, for fuck’s sake! The Urps! Mothafucka does rap music and digs Black chicks.