PDA

View Full Version : Another Game Going On Today

texaspackerbacker
08-21-2021, 01:51 PM
I found this news item:

Former Chicago Bears QB, and current Buffalo Bills QB Mitch Trubisky in the 1st half today… against the Bears:
- 20/28
- 220 yards
- 6/7 scoring drives 🤣🤣🤣
Bears down 34-6 at half and have managed to get boo’d at home during a preseason game. #GoPackGo

I always said Trubisky was way better than a lot of people think. Maybe he just needed to get away from the Bears - who, of course, STILL SUCK!

RashanGary
08-21-2021, 02:22 PM
When the defenses are playing for real, lil Mitchell gets confused.

Bretsky
08-21-2021, 02:32 PM
Andy Dalton IMOi is going to start the season as the Bears QB, but HOLY SHIT if I'm a Bear Fan I'm so stoked about their new 1st round draft pick QB

RashanGary
08-21-2021, 02:48 PM
Andy Dalton IMOi is going to start the season as the Bears QB, but HOLY SHIT if I'm a Bear Fan I'm so stoked about their new 1st round draft pick QB

Love will be better!

HarveyWallbangers
08-21-2021, 03:06 PM
I watched the first half. It was pretty much all dumpoffs and short throws for Trubs. Trubs has always been able to do that. The Bears defense was awful. Really poor tackling.

Fields not looking that great. Kind of weird that Dalton played the entire first half.

Bretsky
08-21-2021, 07:31 PM
Love will be better!

Are you back on the drugs again ? :))

HarveyWallbangers
08-21-2021, 07:59 PM
Are you back on the drugs again ? :))

It really isn’t that crazy. I was on the Fields bandwagon (and I liked Love before last year’s draft), but Love has been a bit more impressive this preseason. Fields wasn’t as good as his stats last week. He was 9/19 for 80 yards today—although I think he looked better than his stats today.

HarveyWallbangers
08-21-2021, 08:03 PM
On an unrelated note: Tim Boyle is now 14/28 for 73 yards this preseason.

call_me_ishmael
08-21-2021, 08:11 PM
It really isn’t that crazy. I was on the Fields bandwagon (and I liked Love before last year’s draft), but Love has been a bit more impressive this preseason. Fields wasn’t as good as his stats last week. He was 9/19 for 80 yards today—although I think he looked better than his stats today.

I’m obviously not a scout but to my eyes there is a gigantic chasm and world of difference between the two of them as far as talent.

HarveyWallbangers
08-21-2021, 08:56 PM
I'm not the only one who thinks Love was a relatively comparable prospect to Fields. Personally, I think some people on here undersell how could of a prospect Love is. He isn't Deshone Kizer.

Jordan Love Would Go Above Justin Fields in 2021, Says Ex-NFL Exec (https://heavy.com/sports/green-bay-packers/love-would-go-above-fields-2021-former-nfl-exec/)

“You have the top two (Clemson’s Trevor Lawrence and BYU’s Zach Wilson),” Ross told Mark Eckel of Packer Report. “I would put Love right behind those two.”

No, Ross didn’t forget about some of the other projected first-round quarterbacks, including Ohio State’s Fields (“a little too robotic”), North Dakota State’s Trey Lance (“more of a project”) or Alabama’s Mac Jones (“more of a system quarterback.”) He still just genuinely prefers Love — who didn’t play a down in his rookie year for the Packers — over most of this year’s top quarterback prospects.

“Yeah, I think he will be better than all of those guys,” Ross told Eckel...

Nevertheless, scouts still pegged Love as one of the top quarterback prospects when he declared for the 2020 NFL draft. Some projections even saw him getting selected within the first 10 picks, just like with Fields in 2021.

“I think (Love) has a better feel for the game and better vision (than Fields),” Ross told Packer Report. “Fields is a little too robotic.”

https://www.gazettextra.com/how-packers-jordan-love-compares-to-2021s-top-quarterback-prospects/article_a8d7c995-7f96-5adf-b499-96d92c517a99.html

The scout who graded Love the highest had him again as a top-10 prospect at No. 3 in this year’s class. Last year, he had Love behind Burrow and Tagovailoa, and ahead of Herbert. This year the same scout ranked Love third behind Zach Wilson and Trevor Lawrence, and ahead of Justin Fields, Trey Lance and Mac Jones.

A second scout, who saw Love as a later first-round prospect in 2020 and had him No. 4 overall among quarterbacks, ranked him sixth this year. Last year he had Love behind, in order, Burrow, Herbert and Tagovailoa. This year Love was behind behind Lawrence, Wilson, Jones, Fields and Lance.

And a third scout, who graded Love No. 3 overall among quarterbacks as a late first-round to early second-round prospect last year, ranked Love tied for the No. 4 spot this year. In 2020 the scout had Love behind Burrow and Tagovailoa, and ahead of Herbert. This year he had Love behind Lawrence, Wilson and Jones, about on par with Lance and clearly ahead of Fields.

HarveyWallbangers
08-21-2021, 08:59 PM
If I had to rank the top 5 QBs from the last two years as prospects coming out:

Lawrence
Burrow

Herbert
Wilson

Tua
Fields
Lance
Love

Jones
Hurts

If I had to pick them now:

Herbert
Lawrence
Burrow
Wilson

Lance
Fields
Love

Jones

Tua
Hurts

texaspackerbacker
08-21-2021, 10:22 PM
Fields was pretty mediocre today, about what I'd expect from him - 9 of 19 for 80 yards, I think. He fits in real well with the Bears - who of course, STILL SUCK.

I still say Trubisky is nowhere near as bad as many think he is. I wonder how much of the Bills starters and quality back ups he was going against. It was the first half of the second preseason game, so I would think at least some. I'd trade Love for Trubisky right now if the Bills would throw in a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

NewsBruin
08-23-2021, 01:16 AM
I remember the open whispers that Trubisky could never make a throw to his left. I guess he's improved that part of his game.

bobblehead
08-23-2021, 10:28 AM
If I had to rank the top 5 QBs from the last two years as prospects coming out:

Lawrence
Burrow

Herbert
Wilson

Tua
Fields
Lance
Love

Jones
Hurts

If I had to pick them now:

Herbert
Lawrence
Burrow
Wilson

Lance
Fields
Love

Jones

Tua
Hurts

Burow is the best, with Lawrence not far off. The rest could all lump together in my opinion. Herbert has elevated himself in hindsight, but I still like Burrow better long term. In a vacuum I like Love as well as any of them. Better than Tua based on what I saw. Better than Hurts based on the organization he is with.