PDA

View Full Version : Hollman Traded

texaspackerbacker
08-23-2021, 09:28 PM
We traded him to Houston for a 7th round 2022 pick. Better to get something than nothing.

smuggler
08-23-2021, 09:55 PM
He's a JAG and not a scheme fit. Good luck to him!

RashanGary
08-24-2021, 10:30 AM
Houston is a man defense. Makes sense.

MadScientist
08-24-2021, 11:43 PM
I surprised I haven't seen any reports saying the pick is conditional on Hillman making the team. Really good if they managed to get the pick without the condition. Especially with the number of good finds the Packers have found in the 7th.

Upnorth
08-25-2021, 07:51 AM
It is not conditional. Great job by gute

Harlan Huckleby
08-25-2021, 08:17 AM
Across WI I hear the murmur of "Who's Hollman"?

Upnorth
08-25-2021, 10:14 AM

The next Houston all pro CB that we can argie about not keeping over king I'm 4 years just like shields amd hayward

bobblehead
08-25-2021, 10:39 AM
The next Houston all pro CB that we can argie about not keeping over king I'm 4 years just like shields amd hayward

Shields? Pretty sure you mean Hyde. Big difference between those 2 guys and Hollman.

CaptainKickass
08-25-2021, 11:54 AM
One of very few Packers players to ever have a Klingon name. Everyone raise a glass of blood wine and yell it with me...

"Ka'Dar!!!"

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/8e/88/79/8e8879dbdc6e7da44161763dd252aa81.jpg

Upnorth
08-25-2021, 01:10 PM
Shields? Pretty sure you mean Hyde. Big difference between those 2 guys and Hollman.

So I was being an ass towards these two players. Neither one will be like a #1 CB that shields and Hayward were. My (poor) joke was missed.

Hyde was a saftey so didn't apply.

Fritz
08-25-2021, 03:38 PM

I think the guy was still raw but showed some good cover skills from time to time in man. So I heard "poor scheme fit." Okay, but so is Kevin King - so why'd Gute re-sign him?

Ted would never have done such a thing. He'd have signed no one, everyone would've panicked, and then Stokes would be starting - which he probably will be anyway.

Harlan Huckleby
08-25-2021, 05:53 PM
Hyde was a saftey so didn't apply.

Actually Hyde swinged both ways, eh? Guess he was more of a safety and played there if Buffalo.

run pMc
08-27-2021, 08:56 AM
Hyde should've been a safety, wasn't fast enough for CB. Smart player, good PR. TT wanted to keep him but BUF offered crazy money for what was basically a better Will Redmond.
Interestingly, he played mostly CB at Iowa but was tried out at S there and was awful. Proof that scheme fit matters?

On that note, Hollman's stats weren't bad, he just didn't see many snaps. My guess is he wasn't coming along fast and there's lots of CB competition. He's very athletic and can play ST. Getting a R7 isn't bad. We essentially swapped Cobb for Hollman.
As for scheme fit, I wonder about drafting these man/press guys when they actually play a good amount of zone. Pettine played a middling amount of zone and played the corners off even when in man. Barry will likely play a good amount of zone too.
If they're going to do that, they shouldn't draft guys like King or Stokes, but go for fluid intuitive guys who can play. Also makes me wonder why Josh Jackson couldn't do it -- he was way better playing zone than man coming out of college.

Just seems like they draft good players whose skills don't match the scheme real well... disconnect between Gute and the DC? You can't have enough good corners -- they get hurt and with passing offenses you need 3 starters -- but I question their choices given the investments made at the position over the last 10 years.