PDA

View Full Version : Trade for punter

Guiness
08-31-2021, 03:19 PM
Looks like the Packers have given up on J.K. Scott, trading for Corey Bojorquez.

Hope like hell this works out better than when they cut Ryan and signed Frost, a Browns and WFT castoff who stunk the joint up and never punted in the NFL again after one season in Green Bay!

HarveyWallbangers
08-31-2021, 03:25 PM
https://www.ocregister.com/2021/08/28/corey-bojorquezs-punts-are-the-high-point-for-rams/

HarveyWallbangers
08-31-2021, 03:26 PM
6th Round pick for this guy and a 7th Round pick

Wrote this elsewhere:

I know nothing about the guy. Looks like he led the NFL in punting average at 50.8 last year (and that was in Buffalo). Net average was 44--which was amongst the league leaders. Scott averaged 45.5 and 37.8 last year. His inside 20 average was better than Scott, but he had 7 touchbacks compared to Scott's 3. Looks like a nice upgrade as a punter. He's a lefty. Does he hold?

HarveyWallbangers
08-31-2021, 03:31 PM
https://www.nfl.com/videos/best-preseason-punt-ever-bojorquez-s-70-yard-coffin-corner-boot-may-be-it

call_me_ishmael
08-31-2021, 04:08 PM
Love it. This dude is a legit talent and received a few all-pro votes last year. Those picks are unlikely to turn into anything so happy to give up a 6th and a 7th for a proven dude who can help them win a super bowl this year.

Edit:

Packers are trading a 6th in return for a 7th and the punter

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1432798853930143749

Spaulding
08-31-2021, 04:38 PM
https://www.nfl.com/videos/best-preseason-punt-ever-bojorquez-s-70-yard-coffin-corner-boot-may-be-it

Geez, with a leg like that he should have changed his legal name to "Corey Boomerquez." Going to really miss JK's pathetic tackling attempts though.

HarveyWallbangers
08-31-2021, 04:43 PM
On the other hand, this guy was terrible in 2019. Arrow appears to be pointing up though. He was booming them in preseason. Led the league in preseason punting average.

RashanGary
08-31-2021, 04:55 PM
I hope the OL finds a way to perform better than their experience and positional switches would indicate. This should make us a little better

Tony Oday
08-31-2021, 06:07 PM
I care WAY more about losing JK as a holder then his abilities to punt, there will be whole games where the Pack won't punt.

RashanGary
08-31-2021, 06:41 PM
I care WAY more about losing JK as a holder then his abilities to punt, there will be whole games where the Pack won't punt.

Losing Lindsley and Bakh and replacing them with two rookies in the lineup isn’t going to lead to very many no punt games. Overconfidence from Packer nation this offseason.

KYPack
08-31-2021, 07:51 PM
Looks like the Packers have given up on J.K. Scott, trading for Corey Bojorquez.

Hope like hell this works out better than when they cut Ryan and signed Frost, a Browns and WFT castoff who stunk the joint up and never punted in the NFL again after one season in Green Bay!

This will floor ya G, Jon Ryan is still booming 'em. He's in the CFL and averaged over 50 yds several games.

Win one for the old ginger?

Very glad to see JK the coward gone, but am concerned about kick holds.

texaspackerbacker
08-31-2021, 07:57 PM
I think it helps that LaFleur has connections with the Rams coaches. I hope they use a position player instead of the punter as holder - more of an athlete. The new punter is left-handed which presumably is a disadvantage as a holder.

Guiness
08-31-2021, 09:06 PM
This will floor ya G, Jon Ryan is still booming 'em. He's in the CFL and averaged over 50 yds several games.

He is indeed, punting for the Roughriders - in Regina, where he was born, went to HS and University! I wonder if he's living in his parent's basement?

smuggler
08-31-2021, 10:03 PM
Just have Jaire handle holding duties. Make him wear the bug eye sunglasses on every ST snap.

Harlan Huckleby
08-31-2021, 11:00 PM
I think packers should keep both punters.

memories....

texaspackerbacker
09-01-2021, 12:58 AM

The ESPN website already has the new guy listed as Packer punter, and it also has him listed as holder.

th87
09-01-2021, 03:27 AM
Will be great to see our garbage ST coaches ruin him.

smuggler
09-01-2021, 03:37 AM
Do we know for a fact the new ST coach is garbage?

Interesting to note, some teams exposed their long snappers to waivers in order to gain an extra roster spot for IR, presumably. I would not be surprised if we poach a LS to replace Hunter Bradley.

QBME
09-01-2021, 07:56 AM

Well well, look who the cat dragged in! :)

TateM30
09-01-2021, 08:46 AM
Trade for punter?

KYPack
09-01-2021, 10:47 AM
Well well, look who the cat dragged in! :)

Been lurkin' QBME.

Most of the time, Fritz posts about the same thing I would've written.

I guess he's my designated poster.

Fritz
09-06-2021, 02:25 PM
Been lurkin' QBME.

Most of the time, Fritz posts about the same thing I would've written.

I guess he's my designated poster.

I know we sure as hell agree about the punter.

Thank god JK Scott is gone. The kid never could develop any consistency, and he didn't endear anyone to him with his shameful, less-than-half-ass tackling.

I hope the new ST coach is scheduling some extra work for Bradley and the new punter and Crosby. Got to get the holds down, and Bradley needs the extra work, anyway.