PDA

View Full Version : The Official Wk 1 Packers-Sinnners Discussion Thread

Anti-Polar Bear
09-01-2021, 03:41 AM
Finally, the godforshaken preseason is over. The real Mortal Kombat tournament is about to kick off. I, for one, am rooting for Subzero.

Unfortunately, it’s a certainty that this game won’t be played in the city of “pirates, drunks and whores” (Orleans). Also, the city where David committed sodomy with Jonathan (Dallas) might not be feasible as host. They’re letting Joe Exotic out for the weekend of the Pack-Sinners game, and he’s gonna need time to prep inside Gerold’s tax-payers funded castle.

Bring the game to cold, dark and dull Green Bay?

Serial rapist Jameis Winston has won the Sinners’ QB1 gig over Taysom “Hiphop Mormon” Hill. Mike “Can’t Cover Me” Thomas is on the PUP, and therefore he will be MIA. Will my fucked up back and Z’s fucked up back heal in time for this game?

As my blond, bland, upper-middle class pal Partial likes to say, discuss.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-01-2021, 03:53 AM
Also, Harrell, please tell us you’re trolling about falling into a well. The season ain’t gonna be the same without you, my ole redneck pal.

CaptainKickass
09-01-2021, 12:01 PM
Obligatory game discussion post.

bobblehead
09-05-2021, 07:36 AM
Saints are in disarray. Transitioning to Jameis Winston is bad enough, now Katrina 2.0 wiped out their homefield edge. Michael Thomas is being himself (a jackoff). Honestly if we lose this game my outlook on the entire season turns sour. (I'm a fan, I'm allowed to over react to one game).

Fritz
09-05-2021, 07:50 AM
Saints are in disarray. Transitioning to Jameis Winston is bad enough, now Katrina 2.0 wiped out their homefield edge. Michael Thomas is being himself (a jackoff). Honestly if we lose this game my outlook on the entire season turns sour. (I'm a fan, I'm allowed to over react to one game).

I think that moving the game to the hot and humid conditions of Jacksonville is worse for the Pack than playing in the Stupordome.

But yes, if the Packers with Aaron Rodgers can't beat the Aints with Lame-ass Winston, then dark days lay ahead, for it means the Pack was simply not ready.

smuggler
09-05-2021, 11:47 AM
Eh, it's the first game of the season. I'd certainly feel better with the team operating on all cylinders from Week 1, but the eventual SB champs looked like shit for the first 6 weeks of 2020, and got spanked by this team twice, so...

Don't overreact to a road game against a tough opponent.

run pMc
09-05-2021, 11:58 AM

Winston doesn't worry me; Kamara does. Dude went off on GB last year. Also a little concerned about the OL with two rookies side-by-side together on the interior. GB should be favored in this game.

texaspackerbacker
09-05-2021, 12:38 PM
Winston does worry me - just a little bit. He's always been feast or famine, and there's always been that off chance he will have a great day and avoid throwing the ball to his opponents.

Kamara also is hot and cold. He had that great game against us, but I doubt it happens again.

After the Badgers turning to shit yesterday, I'm a little worried it could happen with the Packers too, but I strongly doubt it. Packers by 2 TDs +.

Fritz
09-05-2021, 04:56 PM
Eh, it's the first game of the season. I'd certainly feel better with the team operating on all cylinders from Week 1, but the eventual SB champs looked like shit for the first 6 weeks of 2020, and got spanked by this team twice, so...

I don't expect the Packers to look polished at all. I think it'll be ugly. But the fact remains that the Packers are the better team now that Drew Brees is gone, so if they stink up the joint so badly that Lameass Winston can beat them, then it means The Flower did not have them ready.

TateM30
09-07-2021, 04:04 AM
forgive the pun but i think the saints will be all at sea with brees hole needs filling.

also moving the stadium could work against them. I think they end up beating themselves with errors and Packers win out by staying steady.

Upnorth
09-07-2021, 07:27 AM
I'm interested to see the kamara vrs our linebackers in Barry's new d. Plus our secondary will be stretched with winstons arm.
Intersting game.

I'm not looking forward to our oline...

Jaire
09-07-2021, 07:37 AM
Jacksonville is basically a home game in some heat. I expect a blow out tbh. The oline will be the thing to watch. Unlike others I think they will be fine and strong by years end after Bakh's return. This is a veteran offense at this point except two new pieces on the Oline. From Rodgers' pressers I think it will be better than last year.

Also, after listening to some of McVay's Flying Coach podcast, I expect Barry to be an upgrade over Pettine. He has ties with all these guys. At least he'll be on the same page as MLF, who is underrated.

Fritz
09-07-2021, 01:22 PM
Remember, though, that defenses are usually ahead of offenses early in the season, so let's not get too too excited if Barry's group does well in week one versus a team with a new QB.

The Kamara watch is a good point, though. Good test for the ILB's.

Spaulding
09-07-2021, 04:39 PM
I like our chances. Winston has yet to prove that he isn't a turnover machine when it counts and they currently only have 4 CB's on the roster unless they activate one from the practice squad. Granted one is Lattimore whose a stud but an up tempo start with 4-5 wideouts would be unexpected of the Packers and could wear out their secondary as well as force a safety into the coverage rotation. I'm sure Rodgers can take advantage of that.

smuggler
09-07-2021, 06:13 PM
Good catch, Spaulding. I didn't realize they were so shorthanded in the secondary... But if memory serves, that was also true of the Vikes at home last year and they won that game through ball control and a few lucky bounces...

King Friday
09-08-2021, 06:44 AM
The key is containing Kamara. You can't let the Saints run a ball control offense in the humid conditions, or the defense will wilt quickly. Force them to throw it to beat you. I'll take Rodgers over Winston all day in that regard.

TateM30
09-08-2021, 07:05 AM
yeah weather could be an issue this early in the season. Think last packers preseason game should have been in south instead of Buffalo.

www.sportsbetting3.com/odds/nfl-odds only thing i can think that can hurt the odds.

Kamara running game will also be tough for him to carry their offense.

bobblehead
09-08-2021, 09:04 AM

Stop with your logic and reasoning. I'm a football fan dammit. I'll over react to each and every tidbit of information that comes along!!!

bobblehead
09-08-2021, 09:08 AM
Remember, though, that defenses are usually ahead of offenses early in the season, so let's not get too too excited if Barry's group does well in week one versus a team with a new QB.

One of the things I'll be watching is Barnes/Campbell vs. Kamara, especially in coverage. Could we please a decade into begging for it, have an ILB that can cover.

RashanGary
09-08-2021, 11:14 AM
We have two rookie OL to start the season. Theoretically, both can be replaced by vets when Bakh comes back. Patrick and Bakh could take over. But maybe they’re two serviceable rookies. Beating Patrick for the starting spots is a good sign.

Jaire
09-08-2021, 01:33 PM

The Packers came out gangbusters last year on offense. They will be the same or better this year. I'm excited about the rooks on oline who are the only question mark. Jenkins will be fine at LT.

The saints have only two weapons on offense this year and Kamara is the only one playing. If GB is beat they have huge problems. I actually expect Winston to play well but he has no one to throw to especially with the GB secondary. If GB focuses (as they should) on shutting down Kamara, I'm not sure the saints score.

Jaire
09-08-2021, 01:39 PM
We have two rookie OL to start the season. Theoretically, both can be replaced by vets when Bakh comes back. Patrick and Bakh could take over. But maybe they’re two serviceable rookies. Beating Patrick for the starting spots is a good sign.

This

The rooks beat out Patrick who is definitely serviceable. By years end this line will be on par or better than last year's (I mean with Bakh at LT both years). They drafted 7 OL the last three years because this line was overdue for a rebuild.

RashanGary
09-08-2021, 02:23 PM
I’m not as confident in Jenkins at LT as most are. He benefits by having all offseason to prepare. He gets a bit of a tougher row to hoe in that everyone is healthy now so he’ll see everyone’s best. I’ll be happy if he’s average. I hope he’s average out there.

The rookies I’m a little worried about too.

But the Saints aren’t all world on defense. We get lucky in that only a handful of teams can truly exploit the weakness. There is simply a dearth of DL talent around the league and that plays to our favor.

Jaire
09-08-2021, 03:04 PM
I’m not as confident in Jenkins at LT as most are. He benefits by having all offseason to prepare. He gets a bit of a tougher row to hoe in that everyone is healthy now so he’ll see everyone’s best. I’ll be happy if he’s average. I hope he’s average out there.

The rookies I’m a little worried about too.

But the Saints aren’t all world on defense. We get lucky in that only a handful of teams can truly exploit the weakness. There is simply a dearth of DL talent around the league and that plays to our favor.

Exactly.

There are not a lot of teams that will test this line. They'll have time to learn. And they have the luxury of adjusting the play calling to help the young line.

It's not about regular season. It's all about the post season. Again, by year's end...... That's what matters. No one is competing to take the NFC north this year.

Also, this WR core is going to be a lot better this year. MVS and Cobb and Lazard too are all upgrades: it will be better than last. And don't sleep on Deguara. This offense is not dropping off. Best tight end group in 30 years. Best RB group in 30 years. Best WR group since Jordy went down...... And a defense that I think is gonna surprise some folks. I expect good things

HarveyWallbangers
09-08-2021, 03:06 PM
When need some people to sign up for the fantasy football league:

http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?32025-FF-dead-here-again

NewsBruin
09-08-2021, 03:40 PM
The Saints receiver corps seems pretty bad, unless they got some waiver pickups.

The only concern I have is if they lean hard into QB Power formations and/or have Hill and Winston on the field at the same time. I've seen Hill throw some awful long ducks, but he's okay as a ballcarrier. The Saints' best chances will be if they grind out the clock and use unconventional setups to get more blockers than Packers tacklers on the field.

Fritz
09-08-2021, 06:59 PM
We'll see if Joe Barry Cares (you oldsters might pick up on that joke) more about stopping the run than Mike Pettin' did.

Sparkey
09-08-2021, 07:29 PM
When need some people to sign up for the fantasy football league:

http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?32025-FF-dead-here-again

I'm just signed up and was #9

Let's get one more team!

HarveyWallbangers
09-08-2021, 08:11 PM
Looks like we have 10. Lock it down? We need 10 or 12. Not 11.

Jaire
09-08-2021, 11:49 PM
We'll see if Joe Barry Cares (you oldsters might pick up on that joke) more about stopping the run than Mike Pettin' did.

The defense played very well down the stretch last year. They did a great job against the run. I expect that to improve throughout this season. I am excited about Stokes who was never beat deep in college. He'll have growing pains but if he can stop the deep ball on the weak side, that should give this team what it needs from him with how well the other three play back there.

They will be keyed on stopping Kamara who is the Saints only weapon. I don't see how the Saints have a chance tbh. And this mightbe a good game for Z to miss as Gary and Preston are stronger against the run.

On defense, how does N'Awlins stop the pass with a shorthanded secondary? I don't see the hype for the Saints even with a much improved Winston.

Edit: I see they picked up Trufant. So that helps. But the tackles are a big question for the Saints as well. Too many questions.

texaspackerbacker
09-08-2021, 11:57 PM

Is that a reference to a 7 foot B-Ball bust?

Fritz
09-09-2021, 09:52 AM
Yes, Tex, that was it, exactly.

I see also that Christian Ringo, who has not played football for about two or three years, is listed as one of New Orleans' starting defensive tackles. And Montravius Adams is his backup.

That Adams could not beat out Christian Ringo - wow. How low can you go?

RashanGary
09-09-2021, 10:18 AM

I see also that Christian Ringo, who has not played football for about two or three years, is listed as one of New Orleans' starting defensive tackles. And Montravius Adams is his backup.

This is the top reason two rookies starting shouldn’t kill us in the regular season. I’m a big believer that there are very few high quality DTs in the league and most weeks we’ll be pitted against garbage.

Post season though, we’ll see high quality DTs and be crushed.

smuggler
09-09-2021, 12:08 PM
Temperature at kickoff is 84 degrees and partly cloudy. I think we're good on the weather.

RashanGary
09-09-2021, 12:49 PM
Temperature at kickoff is 84 degrees and partly cloudy. I think we're good on the weather.

It just now cooled down in Green Bay. I would guess they’re conditioned for 84 still.

RashanGary
09-09-2021, 05:02 PM
https://static.clubs.nfl.com/image/private/q_auto:eco:444,w_1500,h_1500,c_limit/packers/gv3zxlmcwgk0hvon3kxr

13 looks bigger and stronger. He’s already been counted on to run block and I’ve seen him hold up in pass protection as well. So he’s already been a quasi TE as far as what he brings to the table. With Tonyan growing another year and Lazard beefing up a little, I imagine Lazard will be used quite a bit like a 2nd TE. The run game should be really strong with both Tonyan and Lazard on the field. And when the run game is good, so too is the pass game. I’m curious to see Lazard’s affect this year.

Freak Out
09-09-2021, 05:35 PM
Where the fuck is Joe Mailman?

MadScientist
09-10-2021, 12:07 AM

It's the 75% humidity on top of the mis 80's temp that is the problem. Makes it very hard to regulate your temperature and makes the cooling misters less effective.

Both lines are going to be in bad shape by the 4th. Hopefully they can get some quick scores early to build a lead the Saints can't catch up to.

Jaire
09-10-2021, 09:00 AM
This is the top reason two rookies starting shouldn’t kill us in the regular season. I’m a big believer that there are very few high quality DTs in the league and most weeks we’ll be pitted against garbage.

Post season though, we’ll see high quality DTs and be crushed.

R-E-L-A-X and enjoy. Bulaga & Bakh did not kill us as rooks. Newsome and Sherrod did. These two are in the mold of the former. We'll be fine. If Royce fails, Kelly, Patrick, & Runyan can step in. It's a deep oline this year. I don't expect much drop off from last year and the WILL be better than a Bakh-less line in the playoffs last year if healthy. This offense is stacked and LOADED. It's gonna be hot out of the gate. Watch out.

Also the early season Bakh-less reps will be really good for their early development. We've been here before. Anyone remember Lindsley (besides the other two)?

bobblehead
09-10-2021, 01:41 PM

This happens to teams who are in cap hell.

Guiness
09-10-2021, 02:56 PM

I...thought you were joking. You were not. Career numbers are 3 sacks and 55 tackles between them and Ringo last saw the field in 2018. The other starting DT is a second year undersized player.

That is indeed what cap hell look like.

Guiness
09-10-2021, 02:58 PM

Tevita Tuliʻakiʻono Tuipulotu Mosese Vaʻhae Fehoko Faletau Vea (better known as simply Vita Vea, yes I copied and pasted that from Wikipedia!) is a talented DL. He was something last night.

smuggler
09-10-2021, 03:26 PM
Too many names. His birth certificate is probably two pages long.

Fritz
09-10-2021, 03:30 PM
I...thought you were joking. You were not. Career numbers are 3 sacks and 55 tackles between them and Ringo last saw the field in 2018. The other starting DT is a second year undersized player.

That is indeed what cap hell look like.

After reading about this and other Saints depth chart oddities the other day, I then read an interview on the same Acme site in which the writer talked with a Saints' fan or beat writer or something - somebody who at least blogs about the Saints. It was a weird, weird counterview. This guy went on and on about how deep the Saints defense is, except at corner, and about how good the offensive line will be - probably the best in the NFL, he thinks, and about how how masterful Sean Payton is with puttin players in the best position to succeed. He really talked as if there was no rebuilding to be done, and Jameis Winston will really be something special now that he's been put into such a good situation.

Interesting. And weird, after seeing the previous article.

smuggler
09-10-2021, 05:47 PM
The blogger might be right about the O-line. At least the tackles.

texaspackerbacker
09-10-2021, 08:06 PM
I definitely don't want those two rookies replaced. They won their jobs with quality play. Myers absolutely and Newman probably should keep their starting jobs over Patrick and Runyan.

I'm optimistic too about shutting down Kamara or close to it. It was a combination of sloppy tackling, poor scheme, and other good receivers for N.O. last year. As was said by somebody, stopping the run and ILBs are specialties of Barry. Their receiver corps isn't as good, Winston ain't Brees in terms of dropping it off to Kamara, and first game of the season for the new coach, I think there will be plenty of attention to detail on quality tackling.

Joemailman
09-10-2021, 11:53 PM
Where the fuck is Joe Mailman?

Watch your language. :)

Mad banned me for 2 days for no valid reason so I decided to take some time off and post at another Packer forum. Seems I had the audacity to post in the Covid Protocols Thread how many Packers had been vaccinated. Very political. What I didn't know, because I sure as hell don't read everything Mad posts, was that he had decided he would ban anyone who posted in the thread. I guess I sort of would have figured that if he didn't want people posting in a thread he would lock it. Or send it to FYI. Or something. Instead, by his own admission, he kept it open so he could ban people who posted in it.

With that said tell you what. Since you are so right I’m not going zap your ass like I said in my previous post. That’s what I am doing do everyone who has posted since, even zool who is an admin is banned right now. Maybe everyone you hate will post here and I can ban them too. I looo forward to it.

Seems like a strange way to run a forum. But Mad's a strange kind of guy.

smuggler
09-11-2021, 02:07 AM
I used to try and convince an old time poster from the JSO days to come back because we were facebook pals back when I used facebook. We both posted on Packer Addict before it went tits up. Dude refused to come back to the RatPack. IDK, unless Mad fingered my butthole I'd probably still come back, but I don't remember ever getting a ban, even if I get a little nasty from time to time.

RashanGary
09-11-2021, 10:35 AM

Mad banned me for 2 days for no valid reason so I decided to take some time off and post at another Packer forum. Seems I had the audacity to post in the Covid Protocols Thread how many Packers had been vaccinated. Very political. What I didn't know, because I sure as hell don't read everything Mad posts, was that he had decided he would ban anyone who posted in the thread. I guess I sort of would have figured that if he didn't want people posting in a thread he would lock it. Or send it to FYI. Or something. Instead, by his own admission, he kept it open so he could ban people who posted in it.

Welcome back. I didn’t understand what he was saying either. I was banned for 12 days so you got off easier than me. Speaking of which, zool has been gone too. Come back zool.

texaspackerbacker
09-11-2021, 11:30 AM
Welcome Back Joe. You're a valuable and appreciated poster. But fuck Zool. He's an ignoramus and a worthless poster.

Joemailman
09-11-2021, 11:52 AM
Other than Kamara, Saints won't have a receiver Sunday who had more than 213 yards receiving last year. They do still have a good offensive line though.Wonder if Packers will have someone shadowing Kamara.
Saints starting DT's are Christian Ringo and Malcolm Roach. Packers should be able to run inside and set up play action.

Freak Out
09-11-2021, 03:55 PM
Thanks for posting Joe. Fuck you Tex...Zool is alright.

red
09-11-2021, 08:51 PM

yeah, he banned everyone in that thread except bobble, who always instigates the shit and never has a fucking thing happen to him

that was about the last nail in this sites coffin. you can see not many of those banned have returned.

maybe about half of the 5 posters left here are worth a shit, the other 2.5 just try to troll

mad needs to just kill the site or give it to bobble since he seems to just do whatever the fuck he wants on here anyways

been watching, waiting to see if the site comes back, but it won't. 3 fucking pages for the preseason game threads is all you need to know. when your main poster is a self admitted troll, you can't have a functioning forum that people will want to visit. just put this fucking site out of its misery and get it over with

Anti-Polar Bear
09-12-2021, 12:01 AM
Welcome Back Joe. You're a valuable and appreciated poster. But fuck Zool. He's an ignoramus and a worthless poster.

Word. Especially about Zool.

I hope 31, Prof Rand, Woodbuck, Mazzin, Wist, KGB94PackIsBack, Uncle Nutz, Pb, Ziggy, to name a few, come back soon.

I ain’t miss Zool, Skinny Basket and Scott Campbell.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-12-2021, 12:12 AM
yeah, he banned everyone in that thread except bobble, who always instigates the shit and never has a fucking thing happen to him

that was about the last nail in this sites coffin. you can see not many of those banned have returned.

maybe about half of the 5 posters left here are worth a shit, the other 2.5 just try to troll

mad needs to just kill the site or give it to bobble since he seems to just do whatever the fuck he wants on here anyways

been watching, waiting to see if the site comes back, but it won't. 3 fucking pages for the preseason game threads is all you need to know. when your main poster is a self admitted troll, you can't have a functioning forum that people will want to visit. just put this fucking site out of its misery and get it over with

Wait, since you ain’t jolly with this site, Mad should fucking shut it down? I don’t like it, so fuck y’all, huh?

I only post here exclusively (despite being banned multiple times) cos I can’t stand the excessive moderation of other sites, and barking posters like red who get everything they wanted at said site cos they’re BFFs with the mods.

Keep up the cool work, Mad. And thanks for keeping this awesome site going.

texaspackerbacker
09-12-2021, 01:14 AM
Yeah, excellent post, APB.

There are plenty of good posters in here, and I say that after posting elsewhere while I was banned in a forum that really does have not much more than single digits of posters. That place and several others where I have posted are drastically "moderated". You literally can't say shit - the word shit or fuck or anything derogatory about other posters or about groups of people. This place is a breath of free fresh air in comparison.

Sparkey
09-12-2021, 07:18 AM
The thing that Winston has that Brees lacked was a big arm. The fact Pack couldn't contain Kamara when Brees could only throw 20 yards down field is concerning. Winston may not be anywhere near as accurate as Brees but he does lengthen the field that has to be defended on each play.

Jaire
09-12-2021, 07:21 AM
Word. Especially about Zool.

I hope 31, Prof Rand, Woodbuck, Mazzin, Wist, KGB94PackIsBack, Uncle Nutz, Pb, Ziggy, to name a few, come back soon.

I ain’t miss Zool, Skinny Basket and Scott Campbell.

Haha

I never got banned. Or if I did I was off PR those days and didn't notice

Upnorth
09-12-2021, 07:40 AM
So how concerned are you guys with z smiths on going back injury. Listed as questionable.
He wasn't vital to the run d and the Saints have 0 receivers so I don't think it will kill us. If he sits this game it might be better for the season.

Joemailman
09-12-2021, 07:41 AM
The thing that Winston has that Brees lacked was a big arm. The fact Pack couldn't contain Kamara when Brees could only throw 20 yards down field is concerning. Winston may not be anywhere near as accurate as Brees but he does lengthen the field that has to be defended on each play.

Saints don't have much in the way of receivers now though. Hopefully, Winston will get impatient and force some throws. Campbell will likely be a big part of the game plan to stop Kamara in the passing game.

Jaire
09-12-2021, 07:55 AM
No DTs

No WRs

Short on CBs

1 RB

So how exactly does this Oline score points? This is going to be all time embarrassing for N.O. AR will feast on this secondary with a gimpy Lattimore who was burned by Lazard last year.

Why is N.O. getting the hype this year? This team is depleted, gutted, finished and in a full rebuild except oline.

Upnorth
09-12-2021, 10:19 AM
No DTs

No WRs

Short on CBs

1 RB

So how exactly does this Oline score points? This is going to be all time embarrassing for N.O. AR will feast on this secondary with a gimpy Lattimore who was burned by Lazard last year.

Why is N.O. getting the hype this year? This team is depleted, gutted, finished and in a full rebuild except oline.

With a good oline and not under pressure winston looks good. Hardly any picks. Great oline olay makes a bad o look decent

texaspackerbacker
09-12-2021, 12:02 PM
Jaire got it right. O Line isn't that important and is made good usually by skill players, not vice versa.

Our Passing and our Inside Running should be pretty much unstoppable. Winston should not find many open receivers downfield, and he hasn't been good throwing to backs. Even if he has developed patience with age - which I doubt- we beat them by a lot.

run pMc
09-12-2021, 08:44 PM
Ahem.

call_me_ishmael
09-12-2021, 11:35 PM
No DTs

No WRs

Short on CBs

1 RB

I know it's easy to say this after the fact but I genuinely don't understand this post.

They have a young all-pros at both tackle spots. A future all-pro at C. The other line spots are very good. Wisconsin's own RR is elite.

The DL easily one of the deepest in the league. Cameron Jordan and Year 3 of Marcus Davenport. They also have Trey Hendrickson who has been damn good the past few years.

Demario Davis is an all-pro the last two years at MLB. Kwon Alexander is _exactly_ the type of speedy off-ball backer that can destroy the run game and the type of players the Packers desperately need.

Lattimore just signed the biggest defensive back contract in NFL history today so clearly he is doing something right. Roby is good too but he is out. Gardner-Johnson is a great athlete that many here were very high on.

Kamara is really good at what he does. A rich man's Aaron Jones.

Receiver is good but hurt.

HarveyWallbangers
09-13-2021, 01:13 AM
While I think people overlooked the talent on the Saints, Hendrickson plays for Cincinnati now. They did go 13-3, 13-3, and 12-4 the last 3 years (and Brees wasn’t the same last year) and beat TB 38-3. It’s a good roster overall. I’m going to consider the 38-3 a good omen for now.

otisjane
09-14-2021, 07:16 AM
We have two rookies OLs to start the season. Theoretically, both can be replaced by vets when Bakh comes back. Patrick and Bakh could take over. But maybe they’re two serviceable rookies. Beating Patrick for the starting spots is a good sign.

The Saints are in shambles. It was bad enough that they had to switch to Jameis Winston, but now Katrina 2.0 has taken out their home-field advantage. Michael Thomas is acting naturally (a jackoff). If we lose this game, my view of the season as a whole will be bleak. (I'm a fan, so I'm allowed to get carried away with one event.)