PDA

View Full Version : We're on to Jacksonville?

KYPack
09-01-2021, 11:12 AM
Hey, I posted, may as well start a thread Dept.

BREAKING | The Saints will play the Packers at TIAA Bank Field in Jacksonville, multiple sources told the Times-Picayune's @JeffDuncan_.

They had to select a venue that was already wired to NY for replays, etc.

GBP will wear home unis, also allegedly

George Cumby
09-01-2021, 11:16 AM
Good to see you, Old Dog.

KYPack
09-01-2021, 11:30 AM
Good to see you, Old Dog.

Back at ya, Jawg.

I assume it will be the 4:25 start

CaptainKickass
09-01-2021, 12:02 PM
Yup:
https://www.packers.com/news/packers-saints-game-in-week-1-moved-to-jacksonville

HarveyWallbangers
09-01-2021, 12:38 PM
He's back!

smuggler
09-01-2021, 12:56 PM
I'm a bit bummed because any other weekend, I would be able to go, but I'm doing stuff that day.

Upnorth
09-01-2021, 04:48 PM
Hot and humid. Gonna be a cramping day. Hope they learned from Scott.

RashanGary
09-01-2021, 05:37 PM
It’s been a hot summer but cooled down just this week. Hopefully we’re still conditioned for it in 10 days

Fritz
09-01-2021, 07:27 PM
Hey, I posted, may as well start a thread Dept.

BREAKING | The Saints will play the Packers at TIAA Bank Field in Jacksonville, multiple sources told the Times-Picayune's @JeffDuncan_.

They had to select a venue that was already wired to NY for replays, etc.

GBP will wear home unis, also allegedly

Best news here is that you're back, you old dog.

Good. Sanity returns to Packerrats.

You have been sorely missed.

KYPack
09-01-2021, 07:41 PM
Thanks to our correspondent in Detroit.

I've been lurkin.

When it gets too nuts, I just hoist a few and take days off.

Do Leo fans like Campbell?

Freak Out
09-02-2021, 12:09 AM
Glad to see you back KYPack.

Fritz
09-02-2021, 11:56 AM
Thanks to our correspondent in Detroit.

I've been lurkin.

When it gets too nuts, I just hoist a few and take days off.

I don't think the fans are paying much attention, as the organization has finally admitted that it's a rebuilding year. But those who are still paying attention seem to like the gruff tough-guy persona.

To me the bigger problem in Detroit, going way, way back, has been a series of incompetent GM's. I mean all the way back to Russ Thomas in the 60's and 70's. Incompetent GM's hire mostly incompetent coaches, or at least low-level coaches, and the results are predictable. So to me it'll be interesting to see how the new GM Brad Holmes works out. He's a young guy from the Rams' organization, so the pedigree seems good, although he was really only a top-level scout, I think. We shall see. Seems like solid moves so far, poaching Boyle and Williams. Did anyone hear though that Boyle broke his thumb?

MadScientist
09-02-2021, 04:46 PM
Apparently the Saints chose Jacksonville to make it harder for it to be a Packers-friendly crowd:
https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/saints_had_great_reasons_for_choosing_jacksonville _as_location_for_packers_game/s1_127_35764652

Packers fans in the SE need to converge on Jacksonville to make the Saints regret the choice.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-03-2021, 03:50 AM

Dunno about Campbell, but the Kittens cut your boi, Geronimo “Sloth” Allison.

I was looking forward to the Pistol Force 88, where Preston Smith covers the Sloth mano-a-mano and Barnes covers Bretsky’s boi, Quintez Cephus, mano-a-mano.

Cephus and Sloth are so slow, Fritz’s grandma could outrun them .

NewsBruin
09-03-2021, 10:44 AM
Apparently the Saints chose Jacksonville to make it harder for it to be a Packers-friendly crowd:
https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/saints_had_great_reasons_for_choosing_jacksonville _as_location_for_packers_game/s1_127_35764652

I don't wanna break through NOLA's paywall for the article, but I'd think logistics are a bigger consideration than gamesmanship.

To go to Raymond James is an extra right turn and 90 minutes (not much, but they are a division rival) and Miami is another 4 hours. The Saints have been practicing in Jerryworld, so you now have a last-minute road trip for your equipment crew (assuming the Saints brought all their gameday supplies with them when they evacuated and don't have to pick anything up in Louisiana). There's no easy way to get from I-20 (Dallas) to I-10 (New Orleans and points east), but once you're on I-10, Jacksonville is the closest and easiest destination.

Dallas, Houston (I-10), and Atlanta (I-20) could have been more convenient for the Saints if the NFL wanted to have a stadium host two games in a weekend.