PDA

View Full Version : Packers Initial 69-Man Roster

HarveyWallbangers
09-01-2021, 02:47 PM
QB - Aaron Rodgers, Jordan Love, Kurt Benkert
RB - Aaron Jones, A.J. Dillon, Kylin Hill, Patrick Taylor
WR - Davante Adams, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Randall Cobb, Allen Lazard, Amari Rodgers, Malik Taylor, Equanimeous St. Brown, Juwann Winfree, Chris Blair
TE - Robert Tonyan, Marcedes Lewis, Josiah Deguara, Dominique Dafney, Bronson Kaufusi, Jace Sternberger (SUSP)
OL - Elgton Jenkins, Lucas Patrick, Josh Myers, Royce Newman, Billy Turner, Jon Runyan, Yosh Nijman, Dennis Kelly, Jake Hanson, Ben Braden, Cole Van Lanen, Jacob Capra, David Bakhtiari (PUP)
DL - Kenny Clark, Dean Lowry, Kingsley Keke, T.J. Slaton, Jack Heflin, Tyler Lancaster, Willington Previlon, Anderson Abdullah
OLB - Za'Darius Smith, Preston Smith, Rashan Gary, Jonathan Garvin, Chauncey Rivers, Tipa Galeai
ILB - Krys Barnes, De'Vondre Campbell, Ty Summers, Oren Burks, Isaiah McDuffie, Ray Wilborn
CB - Jaire Alexander, Eric Stokes, Kevin King, Chandon Sullivan, Shemar Jean-Charles, Isaac Yiadom, Kabian Ento
S - Darnell Savage, Arian Amos, Henry Black, Vernon Scott, Innes Gaines
K - Mason Crosby, J.J. Molson
P - Corey Bojorquez
LS - Hunter Bradley

smuggler
09-01-2021, 03:03 PM
Wow. Really surprised that Uphoff is gone.

Spaulding
09-01-2021, 03:17 PM
Also surprised that Reggie Begelton didn't make the practice squad given his body of good work in the preseason.

RashanGary
09-01-2021, 03:27 PM
I wonder how good Royce Newman will be.
I wonder how good Malik Taylor will be. Even though he won’t get his chance till injury.

Sparkey
09-01-2021, 04:11 PM
I'm glad Gaines was signed to the PS. I think he has a chance to become a really good player for them.

RashanGary
09-01-2021, 05:34 PM
They kept two kickers. Weird. Even for PS

smuggler
09-02-2021, 07:52 AM
Crosby is old and could get injured... and you never know when he might hit the wall.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-02-2021, 08:59 AM
Sullivan, McDuffie and Rivers should be cut. In their places, Richard Sherman, KJ Wright and Claymaker.

#LastDance #All-In #ButteTheGM #JohnSalleyWonRingsSittingAtTheEndOfTheBench.

Guiness
09-02-2021, 10:49 AM
Sterberger's out for 4 games? Wonder what happens when he comes back, 5 TEs seems like a lot, especially with 6 WRs.
You have to think someone from one of those two position groups goes, but they're carrying an extra DL and ILB than they did last year.
Also don't much like the idea of just 4 RBs total, including PS!

RashanGary
09-02-2021, 11:39 AM
Sterberger's out for 4 games? Wonder what happens when he comes back, 5 TEs seems like a lot, especially with 6 WRs.
You have to think someone from one of those two position groups goes, but they're carrying an extra DL and ILB than they did last year.
Also don't much like the idea of just 4 RBs total, including PS!

It looks like Stergberger finally gained the 10 pounds he needs. And I thought he looked fast enough with that weight. I’ve been one of the biggest Stergberger detractors but he does have a chance this year. He needs to get his pass pro cleaned up and he’s a good prospect still.

Fritz
09-02-2021, 11:44 AM
They kept two kickers. Weird. Even for PS

I'm thinking Crosby has let the team know quietly that he's hanging them up after this season. And the way that this JJ Morgan was kicking the ball, the Packers see the heir apparent and want to hang on to him.

RashanGary
09-02-2021, 11:57 AM
I'm thinking Crosby has let the team know quietly that he's hanging them up after this season. And the way that this JJ Morgan was kicking the ball, the Packers see the heir apparent and want to hang on to him.

Crosby is the 20th all time leading nfl scorer. I kind of hope he hangs on for 2,000 points and a top 10 finish.

HarveyWallbangers
09-03-2021, 11:03 AM
Yosh Nijman makes All-Preseason team as the top OT. He allowed 1 sack and 2 pressures in 157 snaps, and also had plus run blocking grades.

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/lists/best-players-nfl-preseason-jameis-winston-rhamondre-stevenson-marquez-callaway-all-preseason-team/

This guy becoming a legit backup LT would be big. We’ll see how he does when the games are for real.

Guiness
09-03-2021, 01:20 PM
Yosh Nijman makes All-Preseason team as the top OT. He allowed 1 sack and 2 pressures in 157 snaps, and also had plus run blocking grades.

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/lists/best-players-nfl-preseason-jameis-winston-rhamondre-stevenson-marquez-callaway-all-preseason-team/

This guy becoming a legit backup LT would be big. We’ll see how he does when the games are for real.

Do we know who's slated to start at LT week 1? Is it Elgton? I don't think Kelly has ever played the left side.

smuggler
09-03-2021, 07:41 PM
Yes the line looks like it's going to be Elgton-Patrick/Runyan-Meyers-Newman-Turner for week one.

If Dennis Kelly is available, he could play RT and that would presumably bump Patrick/Runyan.

texaspackerbacker
09-03-2021, 08:36 PM
I thought Sternberger was suspended two games. Did it somehow now become four?

HarveyWallbangers
09-03-2021, 09:07 PM
He’s out 2 games

smuggler
09-04-2021, 01:21 AM
I'm not so sure he makes the roster after his suspension. Time will tell.

Fritz
09-04-2021, 02:59 PM
I'm glad Gaines was signed to the PS. I think he has a chance to become a really good player for them.

And I'm glad they parted ways with JK Scott.

Sparkey
09-04-2021, 05:07 PM
And I'm glad they parted ways with JK Scott.

I'll :glug: to that!

bobblehead
09-04-2021, 08:32 PM
Only 2 shockers for me. Hansen made the 53 and Ento did not. JH, Hansen looks really good so far. Yosh did everything he had to this offseason and preseason. Wonder what happens if he takes another step. Glad they took my advice and jettisoned the punter.

A bit worried that Z is one giant ?? heading into the season. Seriously, wtf is going on with him?

Career year from MVS. We will all be D'vondre Campbell fans soon.

Will our DL be sneaky good with depth? How good is the OL when Bak returns? How bad are the CBs if King isn't healthy and Stokes isn't quite ready? Why can't packer fans have nice things like good STs.

RashanGary
09-04-2021, 09:44 PM
Bobble, Nijman is looking like he might the guy you said he could be. That’s exciting if he ends up being a solid starting left or right tackle in his third year. He might still be a year away.

If Nijman turns into a legit starting tackle, the future of our OL is ridiculously good.

All three of Meyers, Newman and Nijman being legit makes the Love era a very comfortable place to step into.

texaspackerbacker
09-05-2021, 01:27 AM
The new Practice Squad situation and the fact we had good luck getting players through waivers mitigates all the negatives. As pleased as I am about that, though, I get pissed off real quick when I here this bullshit about the "Love era". Anything less than continuation of the Rodgers era until Love is too old for it to matter is pure crap IMO.

bobblehead
09-05-2021, 07:33 AM
Bobble, Nijman is looking like he might the guy you said he could be. That’s exciting if he ends up being a solid starting left or right tackle in his third year. He might still be a year away.

If Nijman turns into a legit starting tackle, the future of our OL is ridiculously good.

All three of Meyers, Newman and Nijman being legit makes the Love era a very comfortable place to step into.

Yea, Newman. I posted Hansen above, right after I said I was shocked he made the 53. Newman is the one who looks really good. Hansen blows and I'm surprised they didn't keep nearly anyone else. Newman looks better as a rookie than Lang did and Lang looked solid out the gate.

They should bring Clifton back to coach Nijman on his punch. If he can get just a tad of nasty in him the sky is the limit. He lets guys get into him a little more than he should, but he has the mass to overcome the flaw. If he can add a punch, he could become special.

bobblehead
09-05-2021, 07:34 AM
The new Practice Squad situation and the fact we had good luck getting players through waivers mitigates all the negatives. As pleased as I am about that, though, I get pissed off real quick when I here this bullshit about the "Love era". Anything less than continuation of the Rodgers era until Love is too old for it to matter is pure crap IMO.

Tex, haven't you heard? Arod is done with us. We all wanted him to play out his contract. Be pissed at him, not everyone else. I think even Gutes is thrilled ARod is playing back to his greatness and would like to drop another 4 year deal in his lap.

texaspackerbacker
09-05-2021, 12:22 PM
Weren't you the one saying pretty much the opposite of that recently? To which I replied, I hope so? I think he's always wanted to finish his career here, but Gutekunst had the intention of fucking that up. The sustained excellence of Rodgers and the far from superstar quality shown by Love may now have Gutekunst, et al reconsidering. At any rate, I'm pretty sure if they "drop another 4 year deal in his lap", he will jump at it or at worst, just negotiate them up a few dollars just to make them pay for their original stupidity of intent.

I could be wrong - and if I am, the future is damn depressing, but I'm pretty sure the Rodgers era is far from over, and the Love era, if it ever happens, will be at least a year or so after his rookie contract is finished. Trading Love sooner rather than later would be the best case scenario.

Fritz
09-06-2021, 01:01 PM
Actually, from the perspective of the team, the "best case scenario" is that the Packers trade Rodgers after the season, get a big haul in picks and young players, and Jordan Love goes on to follow the footsteps of Favre and Rodgers, and is a perennial All Pro quarterback for the Packers, a top-three-in-the-league guy.

texaspackerbacker
09-06-2021, 03:16 PM
That last part is a humongous if that almost certainly will never happen. Big hauls in draft picks could help, but that's sort of a crap shoot in terms of success. I'd much prefer to stick with the GOAT. No way a team without him comes close in quality to a team with him - not 1, not 3, not 5-8 years from now. I'd bet money that a team led by Rodgers even 10 years into the future would be better than the team without him, with Love or pretty much anybody else we could possibly end up with.

If you want draft picks, trade Love.

smuggler
09-06-2021, 05:05 PM
Of course the situation is unlikely, but it's still the best case outcome for the team.

Trading Love eliminates the short term need for draft picks, since we'd be committing to a full gut and rebuild in 1 or 2 seasons.

texaspackerbacker
09-06-2021, 07:29 PM
Uh No. Love could play up to the highest expectation anybody could possibly have for him, and he would still be so far below even an overage Rodgers that even that shitload of draft picks ya'all are drooling about wouldn't come close to making up the difference. Rodgers at 45 > Love at 29 + 3 first round picks.

RashanGary
09-06-2021, 07:46 PM
Rodgers might be good until 45. Brady is showing it’s possible. I don’t know if Rodgers loves football as much as Brady though. It’s no sure thing that he has 5 good years left.

But you’re not completely off base, Tex. There’s a chance.

texaspackerbacker
09-06-2021, 11:10 PM
A strong chance, and I've never seen any indication that Rodgers doesn't like football as much as Brady. It may be true that Rodgers has more prospects outside of football than Brady, but I doubt that is much of a factor.

Jaire
09-07-2021, 03:19 AM
Under the radar a bit, we really shored up the weakest spot on the team imo: two very solid defensive linemen. Also the two rooks on starting OL is great to see. I really thought we've been weak in the trenches for a few years. The cupboard was not refilled many years ago. Gute quietly has done a good job there. And that's also why we lost the NFCG the last two years. Other strengths on the team kept it close last year. To be fair Tampa did a much more devastating job on NO & KC. Still you have to beat the best and the DL was undermanned, the OL thin.

Fritz
09-08-2021, 07:04 PM
That last part is a humongous if that almost certainly will never happen. Big hauls in draft picks could help, but that's sort of a crap shoot in terms of success. I'd much prefer to stick with the GOAT. No way a team without him comes close in quality to a team with him - not 1, not 3, not 5-8 years from now. I'd bet money that a team led by Rodgers even 10 years into the future would be better than the team without him, with Love or pretty much anybody else we could possibly end up with.

If you want draft picks, trade Love.

You said "best case scenario" for the team, and I gave you what that was.

Couple of possible worst case scenarios:

1. Packers trade Rodgers at season's end; he goes on to play at a high level for three or four years and Jordan Love is mediocre or is wildly inconsistent.

2. Packers trade Love at season's end; give Rodgers a big extension and a BJ, Rodgers's play deteriorates quickly and/or he suffers a serious injury, and Love goes on to be a superstar.

texaspackerbacker
09-08-2021, 11:49 PM
1. would be a near sure thing.

2. would be extremely unlikely - IMO on both, but true just the same.

And as I said, Love being a superstar to the wildest magnitude ya'all could imagine, he still falls way short of the strongly likely future of Rodgers - which would be THE best case scenario.

Fritz
09-09-2021, 09:54 AM
1. would be a near sure thing.

2. would be extremely unlikely - IMO on both, but true just the same.

And as I said, Love being a superstar to the wildest magnitude ya'all could imagine, he still falls way short of the strongly likely future of Rodgers - which would be THE best case scenario.

Tex, if youhaven't already, go back and read the thread about trading Aaron Rodgers for Daunte Culpepper. Very few people thought Rodgers would amount to anything - and that was after two years of training camp,or maybe it was three.

Sure, the odds are long for Love, but they're long for just about every QB not named Andrew Luck.

texaspackerbacker
09-09-2021, 10:59 AM
Yes, I scanned at least part of that. I remember even way back then thinking that Rodgers had a bright future when most others didn't think much of him. I do NOT have the same impression of Love. And unlike Favre, who was great too, I do NOT see any sign or virtually any likelihood of Rodgers fading in the next ...... I'll say 3 years just to placate the detractors, but myself, I honestly think he could go on a LOT longer than that and still be better than "just about any QB" including Luck who wasn't all that special.

Since we're doing weird "what ifs", you know what the real "best case scenario" would be? If Love was like Lamar Jackson - and virtually nobody is or ever has been, then we could keep him as a back up and use him as a change of pace running QB, etc. - Taysom Hill-style only infinitely better for X number of years until Rodgers was ready to retire. But just like those other "what ifs", that ain't gonna happen. So just ride Rodgers into the sunset and trade Love for whatever we can get for him - THAT is what is the best case scenario for the team.

Fritz
09-09-2021, 11:02 AM
Tex, I know you love Rodgers, but in this weird "best case scenario for the team" world we're inhabiting here, there's not any logical way you can say it'd be better for the Packers to keep Rodgers for another four or five years than to have Jordan Love as the next superstar QB for the next ten or fifteen years.

But it's all arguing into the air, so it doesn't really matter. You like Rodgers, and you don't think Love is going to be good. I get that. You could be right.

texaspackerbacker
09-09-2021, 11:11 AM
The way you frame it, maybe not, but Love being a "superstar QB for the next ten or fifteen years", that's about as far-fetched as you can get, and Rodgers being at the GOAT level of excellence he is currently at for another 4 or 5 years (I'd say even more) is slam dunk sure.

When people go to the track, the smart bettors go with the short odds - Rodgers in this case. The fools go with the extreme long shots - Love being a superstar even a lot less than 10 or 15 years.

call_me_ishmael
09-09-2021, 11:51 AM
Tex, I know you love Rodgers, but in this weird "best case scenario for the team" world we're inhabiting here, there's not any logical way you can say it'd be better for the Packers to keep Rodgers for another four or five years than to have Jordan Love as the next superstar QB for the next ten or fifteen years.

But it's all arguing into the air, so it doesn't really matter. You like Rodgers, and you don't think Love is going to be good. I get that. You could be right.

If Love is a superstar, then obviously that's a bad choice. My gut feeling and probability suggests to me that that isn't likely to be the case.

The question the Packers should be asking is this:

Will the Packers with Aaron Rodgers or Jordan Love win more games over the next 5 years?

Looking out 10 years is too much long term thinking. Thinking about next year or two is too much short term thinking. 5 years is about right IMO. Whichever QB they think will win more games over the next 5 years is the route they should take. The money thing isn't a factor because the money will get spent each year on players and be a part of puzzle.

RashanGary
09-09-2021, 12:48 PM
Except the money is a factor. The team would be more stacked around Love so do you win more with Love and extra players or with Rodgers alone? That’s the question.

texaspackerbacker
09-09-2021, 02:11 PM
The question the Packers should be asking is this:

Will the Packers with Aaron Rodgers or Jordan Love win more games over the next 5 years?

Yes, and I'd say the answer to that is obvious.

texaspackerbacker
09-09-2021, 02:14 PM
Except the money is a factor. The team would be more stacked around Love so do you win more with Love and extra players or with Rodgers alone? That’s the question.

The team is loaded now with Rodgers making a ton of money. The cap will go up significantly next season and beyond. Do you see "Rodgers alone"? Hell no. Not now and not in the future. The difference between money with him and money without him is miniscule compared to the talent gap now and in the future between Rodgers and Love.

call_me_ishmael
09-09-2021, 02:41 PM

Okay, so the team around Love is deeper but the QB is worse. We all know that. The money gets spent either way. There are reasons that every team doesn't have start a back-up QB and spends the money on outstanding defenders. By that logic, shouldn't every team with a shitty QB still be pretty solid because there is a salary floor that they are required to spend?

For starters, there's only so many great defenders around. The good ones are going to get paid either way - so are they going to want to play on a team without a great QB? As Rodgers accurately stated, players come here to play because of him. JP would never would have been a Packer without Rodgers. Also, what star player that would be a game changer even hits the market? That's extraordinarily rare. You could spend on a few solid starters, maybe 3, but is that enough to offset the drop in QB play?

That said, IF Love is a great QB (not a good one), this is all moot. But the probability of that is slight in my opinion.

The stark reality is NFL teams win by scoring points, and the player who clearly impacts scoring the most is the QB.

Bretsky
09-09-2021, 08:00 PM

If you are serious when you ask this I worry if you're under the influence :))

RashanGary
09-09-2021, 08:24 PM

That’s the question they have to ask. The answer probably is Rodgers, but that’s what the decision comes down to.

RashanGary
09-09-2021, 08:40 PM

Bretsky, don’t be so certain Love isn’t a great player. They had no reason to need to move up but still did. They liked him coming out a lot. He’s got a chance to be great. Compared to Mahommes.

Bretsky
09-09-2021, 09:10 PM
Bretsky, don’t be so certain Love isn’t a great player. They had no reason to need to move up but still did. They liked him coming out a lot. He’s got a chance to be great. Compared to Mahommes.

Never seen him compared to Mahommes and I don't think the talent is remotely close.

Let's call a spade a spade and look at what we know. Gutebag overall has been a very good GM

But he's been far less than stellar in his evaluation of QB's and is lucky as hell he inherited AROD.

He really like Kizer. He really liked the Denver QB who is now a backup. And now he really luvs Love. This means little to me.

From the Packer guys who have watched all practices and covered and reported on the camp, he's really done nothing to make us believe he's horrible........but he hasn't flashed any signs of greatness either. I've listened a lot to Wilde, Tausch, and Steve the Homer True lately and they have all chatted with guys watching practice every day. Rodgers really flashed some signs of having elite talent early on. He was erratic and inconsistent as hell but he really had some WOW plays in practices. That's a strong reason GB was at peace to move on from Favre.

Love, according to them and everything I've heard, has not. Besides Steve the Homer True (who thinks Love is bad) they are all in the middle on Love.

My points: just because Gutebag feel in LovewithLove doesn't mean jack to me at this point.

At this point I continue to believe he can be an average NFL starter. Maybe

HarveyWallbangers
09-10-2021, 12:26 AM
Never seen him compared to Mahommes and I don't think the talent is remotely close.

Let's call a spade a spade and look at what we know. Gutebag overall has been a very good GM

But he's been far less than stellar in his evaluation of QB's and is lucky as hell he inherited AROD.

He really like Kizer. He really liked the Denver QB who is now a backup. And now he really luvs Love. This means little to me.

From the Packer guys who have watched all practices and covered and reported on the camp, he's really done nothing to make us believe he's horrible........but he hasn't flashed any signs of greatness either. I've listened a lot to Wilde, Tausch, and Steve the Homer True lately and they have all chatted with guys watching practice every day. Rodgers really flashed some signs of having elite talent early on. He was erratic and inconsistent as hell but he really had some WOW plays in practices. That's a strong reason GB was at peace to move on from Favre.

Love, according to them and everything I've heard, has not. Besides Steve the Homer True (who thinks Love is bad) they are all in the middle on Love.

My points: just because Gutebag feel in LovewithLove doesn't mean jack to me at this point.

Nobody really knows how much Gutebag liked Kizer and Lock. Anybody that says otherwise is lying. Kizer went late second round. Not only did Gutebag trade out of the 1st round and not take Kizer and he didn't attempt to trade up for him in the 2nd round. Must have not loved him that much. Gutebag traded up in the first round to draft Love. The Packers didn't want D. Randall on the team anymore, so the trade was pretty much for peanuts.

Pretty much the same thing for Lock. Not only did Gutebag pass twice on Lock, he easily could have traded up slightly to get him with his third pick in that draft, but he didn't.

Wilde, Tauscher, and Homer said something. It must be true.

And hate to break it to you, but Love DID look better this preseason than Rodgers did his first two preseasons. Rodgers looked really good in his third preseason and then the game against Dallas--which likely convinced the Packers to move on from Favre.

smuggler
09-10-2021, 05:48 AM
Outstanding post Harv, but I will make one point to counter...

Just because TT passed on Kizer does not necessarily mean Gute didn't want to take him. Your point about Lock makes more concrete sense because Gute was at the helm by then.

Agreed that Love looked better in Preseason 2 than Rodgers, but the game is also different now. On top of that, can't compare how they looked in practice quite as easily.

Fritz
09-10-2021, 08:21 AM

Hindsight, Bretsky. Everyone now wants to sound wise - "Oh yes, we all saw flashes with Rodgers." Go back and read the Culpepper thread. That"s the real history of what people thought, and the Packers even tried to mend fences with Brent (despite all his foolishness) before they moved on.

call_me_ishmael
09-10-2021, 09:58 AM
The best part of recent posts is Harv non-ironically embracing calling him Gutebag lol. I love it!

Jaire
09-10-2021, 10:41 AM

I'm with you.

Love has the arm. I just don't think he has what it takes to be great and am not confident you can learn that: it's a whole character thing that's possible but very very hard and rare to acquire.

I still have hope he can be decent though. Kurt has more of the mental toughness and character if not the skills. So I feel good with him as a serviceable backup that can win some games at least if Love turns out to be a disaster.

RashanGary
09-10-2021, 12:45 PM
I'm with you.

Love has the arm. I just don't think he has what it takes to be great and am not confident you can learn that: it's a whole character thing that's possible but very very hard and rare to acquire.

I still have hope he can be decent though. Kurt has more of the mental toughness and character if not the skills. So I feel good with him as a serviceable backup that can win some games at least if Love turns out to be a disaster.

Did you watch full games of Love in college? You’re drawing an awful lot of conclusions based on a really small sample. I did watch Love play 3 full games. He looked like a fiery competitor and a strong armed, capable QB. The odds are never in a young guys favor to transition to the NFL, but Love has as good of chance as anyone to make the jump.

Bretsky
09-10-2021, 09:54 PM
The best part of recent posts is Harv non-ironically embracing calling him Gutebag lol. I love it!

About F'CKIN Time :)))

Upnorth
09-11-2021, 08:26 AM

Don't forget we drafted brian brohm and many commentators thought he would be the starter over rodgers. They have as much insight about love now as rodgers then. Love will at least look decent. We have a good team and game plan.

texaspackerbacker
09-11-2021, 09:06 AM
That example shows they tend to overestimate the new guy, not underestimate him.

RashanGary
09-11-2021, 10:37 AM
Don't forget we drafted brian brohm and many commentators thought he would be the starter over rodgers. They have as much insight about love now as rodgers then. Love will at least look decent. We have a good team and game plan.

I was glad when we drafted brohm because not all of our eggs were in Rodgers basket. Rodgers was no sure thing.

Joemailman
09-11-2021, 12:36 PM
The fact that TT drafted Brohm after drafting Rodgers shows how tough it is to determine whether a top college QB will excel in the NFL. So it's very possible that after trading for Kizer, GuteTheGreat will be proven spectacularly right with the Love pick.

Guiness
09-11-2021, 07:29 PM

I was waiting for someone to bring up Brohm!

What a mess that pick was. He dropped so far he seemed like a bargain. With what happened with him I always felt they didn't really scout him because they never expected him to be there and panicked a little when he was.

Fritz
09-12-2021, 11:00 AM
I was waiting for someone to bring up Brohm!

What a mess that pick was. He dropped so far he seemed like a bargain. With what happened with him I always felt they didn't really scout him because they never expected him to be there and panicked a little when he was.

Some people said that about Rodgers when Ted drafted him...