PDA

View Full Version : 2021 Barnabus Fuckdoggle Season Award Prediction Thread

smuggler
09-05-2021, 12:57 PM
Drew Magary coined the nickname "Barney Fuckdoggle" in a 2015 article he posted on Deadspin (https://deadspin.com/is-playing-quarterback-too-hard-1732774349) after the Packers defeated the Chiefs at Lambeau. Inside linebacker Joe Thomas (now on the Texans) was the first recipient of the award, after he recorded a sack and played well in 38 snaps in his first significant playing time of his career.

The Packers have a knack for having unheralded players step up and play well when it matters most and it is fucking INFURIATING. I would like the loss of a star player to crush them. But NO… no, they always have some asshole behind him ready to go because they’re committed to internal player development because they’re so goddamn PERFECT. Bah! I want scrubs to be SCRUBS. I want to be able to laugh at a rival team for having to put Barney Fuckdoggle in at corner or whatever. It’s a real let-down when Barney turns into a hidden gem, and Collinsworth is like, “You know, Al. I think I really LIKE this Fuckdoggle guy!” That never happens with my team. With my team, the shitty players are shitty.

Since that time, we Rats have lovingly applied the Fuckdoggle award to unheralded players (mostly UDFAs) that have made significant contributions to the team. Whether they actually became good players is not really a requirement. Some guys, like LaDarius Gunter, actually performed admirably considering they were not good players.

The spirit of the award is overachieving or developing despite the odds. There is no hard and fast definition of what it takes to be a Fuckdoggle, but here are some examples of Fuckdoggery from the UDFA lists since 2015, when the term was coined.

https://images2.minutemediacdn.com/image/fetch/w_850,h_560,c_fill,g_auto,f_auto/https%3A%2F%2Ffansided.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2017%2F09%2F632519826-nfl-jan-22-nfc-championship-packers-at-falcons.jpg-850x560.jpg

The aforementioned Gunter, who despite being quite slow for a cornerback, was able to start on the team for the entire 2016 season. Even though he got devoured by elite receivers, he did what he could and answered the bell for the Packers that year.

https://cdn.profootballrumors.com/files/2018/11/Geronimo-Allison.jpg

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/igyFW9OV0TqdpoKJ8nTWbvNMtEU=/0x0:4176x2784/1220x813/filters:focal(1754x1058:2422x1726):format(webp)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/63247872/631771624.jpg.0.jpg

Geronimo Allison and Kentrell Brice were significant UDFAs from this class. Allison notably had 300 yards receiving in 5 games in 2018 before an injury landed him on IR and derailed his career. The same season, the speedy Brice started 10 games and collected 50 tackles and a sack, despite never developing into what the Packers hoped.

https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/madison.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/8/c7/8c7e32b0-895e-5086-959e-2a8ffcdf0f38/5f86430f48676.image.jpg?resize=1200%2C898

https://static.clubs.nfl.com/image/private/t_editorial_landscape_12_desktop_2x/f_auto/packers/iu1dlfxluwnizmtbiboa.jpg

Raven Greene and Tyler Lancaster both became players that can at least participate in games. Greene had an interception, a forced fumble, 1.5 sacks, and 44 tackles last season in 10 games off the bench. Lancaster has played in 31 games and started 13 over the last two season, totaling 53 tackles, 1.5 sacks, one forced fumble, and a pass batted down.

https://i2.wp.com/zonecoverage.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/USATSI_15448706_168390100_lowres.jpg?fit=800%2C561&ssl=1

Krys Barnes is a starting linebacker for the 2021 Packers. Easy choice.

smuggler
09-05-2021, 01:10 PM
Seems the best candidates from this year's UDFA class are Capra, Gaines, and (perhaps most especially) Heflin. I look forward to the possibility of our UDFA contributors abusing other teams' drafted players. Warms my heart.

Fritz
09-06-2021, 12:58 PM
Seems the best candidates from this year's UDFA class are Capra, Gaines, and (perhaps most especially) Heflin. I look forward to the possibility of our UDFA contributors abusing other teams' drafted players. Warms my heart.

I also think the Fuckdoggle Award contains an element of "it happened just this one time" to it. That is, a guy is a scrub and he plays like a scrub, except for that one game, or even that one play, in which he rose to the occasion. That's even more fuckdoggley than a guy who can answer the bell for a whole season.

Jeff Janis was an occasional fuckdoggle. I know people thought he was going to be the next big thing, but really, he was a seventh round pick. Yet once in a while he'd make a big catch. That's a fuckdoggle, for sure.

At least that's my take on the ol' fuckdoggle. I do appreciate your posting this and enjoyed the review.

I was hoping Reggie Begelton would end up on the practice squad, as he seems to me capable of fuckdogglery.

run pMc
09-06-2021, 02:27 PM
Does it have to be a UDFA? If so, I agree on Heflin.. or Henry Black. If we can include Day 3 picks, watch out for Kylin Hill. RBs rarely stay healthy for 16+ games.

I suppose it's too late to call Lazard a Fuckdoggle, but he and Tonyan probably have earned diplomas from Fuckdoggle U. If they continue to have good careers maybe they'll get honorary degrees like Tramon and Shields when they retire.

CaptainKickass
09-06-2021, 04:08 PM
Does it have to be a UDFA?

Not necessarily. I think good ol' BF (That's B.arney F.uckdoggle not Bert Fava) just has to have plausible anonymity. He has to sort of "come outta nowhere". Just imagine if TJ Rubley would have played really well that day we all learned his name.

In fact, I contend that this year's top Fuckdoggle candidate isn't even on the team yet. He's either on some other NFL practice squad, some other football organization like Canadian, an Arena league, or even better - out of football completely and doing something menial or degrading like telemarketing, jizz mopping, or spinning the "Big Sale!" sign outside of some furniture store

The Legend of TJ Rubley:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/177605-remembering-rubley-t-j-rubleys-blunder-with-the-1995-packers

How to spin signs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXsFb5FDr14

smuggler
09-06-2021, 04:58 PM
Absolutely doesn't have to be a UDFA, but seeing as we just came out of camp, and UDFAs are the meat and potatoes of what makes a Fuckdoggle, I just examined the UDFA lists to see the usual suspects since 2015.

In the true spirit of Barney Fuckdoggle, it's a game-by-game award, to allow for the exact situation Fritz described.

RashanGary
09-06-2021, 05:17 PM
I think fuckdoggle status can be expressed as a multiplier of expectations and play level when cast into the lineup.

A player with high expectations like Lazard now can never win a fuckdoggle because the expectation multiplier is too low. Zero times any number is still zero.

Conversely, a player with no expectations, a guy who didn’t make the 53, like Dominik Daffney last year just needs a couple key catches and he’s far out performed expectations. 10 times any number mulitiplies out to a fuckdoggle score worthy of consideration

A guy with moderate expectations (made the team) can star out and still receive a fuckdoggle (see Jack Heflin and Kylin Hill.) Heflin and Hills expectations are low enough that a star game would multiply out to a worthy fuckdoggle score if it’s their first action.

Inverse Expectations * quality of play = fuckdoggle score

RashanGary
09-06-2021, 05:26 PM
If Jack Heflin is cast into the lineup in week 7 and gets two sacks and holds his ground AND simultaneously, Kabian Ento is forced to start at nickel and doesn’t get torched and breaks up a pass…. We begin a discussion. Heflin far out performed his expectation but Ento had none and didn’t get killed. We would have a split vote in this situation with some feeling like Heflin had too high of expectations to be a contender while others feeling like his expectations were low enough that a stud showing qualifies him.

smuggler
09-06-2021, 10:06 PM
Which is why I mentioned Gunter, specifically, because while he got roasted by the likes of Julio Jones, but actually held up pretty well in many games even though he was not a good player.

Upnorth
09-07-2021, 10:55 AM
I think heflin or new punter.

smuggler
09-07-2021, 11:35 AM
I would be happy to see the punter, Bojorquez, earn a Fuckdoggle!

Tony Oday
09-07-2021, 12:30 PM
Hill will be the starting RB by week 5. AJ will be hurt for the majority of the year and come back for the playoffs.

Fritz
09-07-2021, 01:21 PM
I would be happy to see the punter, Bojorquez, earn a Fuckdoggle!

I would argue that, because so little is spent in resources for punters (they usually come off the street or have been cut from someone else's squad, but the Packers gave up a sixth for the new guy), and because JK Scott was so poor there at the end, that Bojorquez can't really be a fuckdoggle. Now, if he gets hurt and some kid from Eastern Dental School comes in and starts booming them, then there's an honest-to-ggodness fuckdoggle.

But the beauty of the fuckdoggle is the mystery of what it is, exactly.

So Rashan, don't try to put no algorithm on it.

RashanGary
09-07-2021, 03:18 PM
I would argue that, because so little is spent in resources for punters (they usually come off the street or have been cut from someone else's squad, but the Packers gave up a sixth for the new guy), and because JK Scott was so poor there at the end, that Bojorquez can't really be a fuckdoggle. Now, if he gets hurt and some kid from Eastern Dental School comes in and starts booming them, then there's an honest-to-ggodness fuckdoggle.

I suspect the punter would qualify in the first game or two. If he comes out in week 1 and bombs punts that change the game, he would earn a fuckdoggle. If he’s solid in the first two games, he would no longer be eligible in week 3 because expectations would then be too high and he’s somewhat proven. But game one, he could bomb his way in by my estimation. But it’s grey area for sure.

smuggler
09-07-2021, 03:33 PM

Oh what a beautiful thing it is!

Upnorth
09-07-2021, 10:14 PM
For a punter to be cut and then make a difference on the packers special teams, the ultimate weakness since 1997 I believe, is the very definition of fuckdoggel

bobblehead
09-08-2021, 09:35 AM
Can a rookie 4th round pick starting at RG qualify? I'm loving Newman. Plus its fun to say like Seinfeld. Hello Newman.

If it has to be undrafted then yes, Barnes is the obvious choice with a sprinkle of Sullivan. If disaster hits Nijman could end up the call. And I think Heflin could play meaningful snaps. Packers have a 2nd in the NFL 13 undrafted players on the roster.

RashanGary
09-08-2021, 11:08 AM
Can a rookie 4th round pick starting at RG qualify? I'm loving Newman. Plus its fun to say like Seinfeld. Hello Newman.

If it has to be undrafted then yes, Barnes is the obvious choice with a sprinkle of Sullivan. If disaster hits Nijman could end up the call. And I think Heflin could play meaningful snaps. Packers have a 2nd in the NFL 13 undrafted players on the roster.

Sullivan and Barnes were starters last year. They can’t win it this year. Only obscure players that we’ve never seen play can win. Nijman has a shot.

George Cumby
09-08-2021, 11:09 AM

Correct.

Earning the Fuckdoggle requires a certain Je ne sais quoi.

It is a great mystery, like the meaning of life, the wonder of an infant's smile, a great Zen Koan, the caress of a lover, the repeating patterns in nature mirroring one another, the blood vessels in your hand reflected in the branching of a tree reflected in a great river's delta meeting the ocean.

Its' magic is cheapened if we try to reduce it, if we try to understand it, if we bring it down to our, human, level.

Fritz
09-08-2021, 03:06 PM
Correct.

Earning the Fuckdoggle requires a certain Je ne sais quoi.

It is a great mystery, like the meaning of life, the wonder of an infant's smile, a great Zen Koan, the caress of a lover, the repeating patterns in nature mirroring one another, the blood vessels in your hand reflected in the branching of a tree reflected in a great river's delta meeting the ocean.

Its' magic is cheapened if we try to reduce it, if we try to understand it, if we bring it down to our, human, level.

This is the poetry of Packerrats.

I am inspired to predict that Oren Burks will be a fuckdoggle at some point this year at inside linebacker. He's been shitty enough that his third-round draft status has been negated, so any production at ILB would be a surprise.

CaptainKickass
09-09-2021, 03:46 PM
I suspect the punter would qualify in the first game or two. If he comes out in week 1 and bombs punts that change the game, he would earn a fuckdoggle. If he’s solid in the first two games, he would no longer be eligible in week 3 because expectations would then be too high and he’s somewhat proven. But game one, he could bomb his way in by my estimation. But it’s grey area for sure.

I feel like none of that would qualify him simply because dude was a starter for like 3 seasons in Buffalo.

Now if BoHo the punter were to come out, field a ridiculously botched snap, tuck the ball, sidestep a guy, stiff arm a defender and run it in for a touchdown... then we're talking Fuckdoggle. Barney that is. Swimming pools. Movie stars.

(Yes, BoHo is officially my new nickname for him)

RashanGary
09-09-2021, 03:57 PM
I feel like none of that would qualify him simply because dude was a starter for like 3 seasons in Buffalo.

Now if BoHo the punter were to come out, field a ridiculously botched snap, tuck the ball, sidestep a guy, stiff arm a defender and run it in for a touchdown... then we're talking Fuckdoggle. Barney that is. Swimming pools. Movie stars.

(Yes, BoHo is officially my new nickname for him)

I have a good feel for the fuckdoggle but I surely don’t have any control of the fuckdoggle flow. If he’s ineligible, and he might be, I fully embrace what the fuckdoggle spirt brings us.

Joemailman
09-11-2021, 12:23 PM
Jack "Trash Can" Heflin pretty much defines Fuckdoggle. The guy was a walk on at Northern Illinois fer Chris' sakes before playing a year at Iowa. He'll be an upgrade over Lancaster.

HarveyWallbangers
09-11-2021, 07:57 PM
Heflin is my guy for this

Upnorth
09-12-2021, 07:18 AM
Who was the 2020 fuckdoggel? Barnes?

Also for 2021 Newman was a 7th rounder who has been elevated to starter as a rookie on what many considered was a top 5 oline last year.

Joemailman
09-12-2021, 08:09 AM
Who was the 2020 fuckdoggel? Barnes?

Also for 2021 Newman was a 7th rounder who has been elevated to starter as a rookie on what many considered was a top 5 oline last year.

Newman was a 4th round pick. Disqualified.

Fritz
09-12-2021, 10:04 AM

This gets me thinking that the Fuckdoggle is position-dependent: a left tackle taken in the fourth round who immediately steps in to start can be a fuckdoggle, but not a guard taken in the fourth. A corner taken in the fourth who stepped in immediately and started could be a fuckdoggle, but not an inside linebacker.

RashanGary
09-12-2021, 12:15 PM

But he’s a rookie. If he’s really good doesn’t he get a chance right away? If Newman has a great game in week one, I’d vote for him. Once he’s established as solid, I’d disqualify him.

HarveyWallbangers
09-26-2021, 11:15 PM
My guy Yosh? Not perfect, but he didn't get completely dominated by Bosa.

smuggler
09-26-2021, 11:58 PM
Runyan played pretty well. Nijman and Newman were okay. Kinda feel like Runyan is the #1 guard now.

Joemailman
09-27-2021, 12:03 AM
My guy Yosh? Not perfect, but he didn't get completely dominated by Bosa.

Yup. Undrafted guy held up pretty well against one of the best pass rushers in the game.

Fritz
09-27-2021, 06:42 AM
Yup. Undrafted guy held up pretty well against one of the best pass rushers in the game.

The very definition of the Fuckdoggle.

Upnorth
09-27-2021, 07:49 AM
2 pressires, no sacks, 1 tackle for a loss. Against Nick bosa. 3rd string tackle. Never ever started and only about 15 snaps in real game time.

Way to fuckdoggel

texaspackerbacker
09-27-2021, 08:06 AM
Jonathan Garvin.

run pMc
09-27-2021, 08:07 AM
Njiman got a lot of help from TE blocking. They added the Luxury Automobile to that side to help, Tonyan in all over twitter for a vicious crackback block
https://twitter.com/packers_clips/status/1442300353278459905

and even the backs and WRs were chipping. All that said, he held up better than I'd have expected.

MadScientist
09-27-2021, 09:24 AM
Can we give an honorary Fuckdoggle to whatever made King ill and unable to play? It was totally unexpected and unheralded and definitely contributed to the win.

bobblehead
09-27-2021, 09:50 AM
Njiman got a lot of help from TE blocking. They added the Luxury Automobile to that side to help, Tonyan in all over twitter for a vicious crackback block
https://twitter.com/packers_clips/status/1442300353278459905

and even the backs and WRs were chipping. All that said, he held up better than I'd have expected.

Honestly, against Bosa all those things happen with about 30% of the starting LTs in the NFL. We are spoiled. And given the way he has fucked us up the last 2 season I would have wanted all that to go on if Bak had played and was 100% healthy.

King Friday
09-27-2021, 10:43 AM
Can we give an honorary Fuckdoggle to whatever made King ill and unable to play? It was totally unexpected and unheralded and definitely contributed to the win.

Even my wife recognized this. When she heard King wasn't going to play, she was giddy. That illness deserves an honorable mention fuckdoggle.

smuggler
09-27-2021, 12:57 PM
Christ that's both hilarious and pathetic, Friday.

HarveyWallbangers
09-27-2021, 01:07 PM
Even my wife recognized this. When she heard King wasn't going to play, she was giddy. That illness deserves an honorable mention fuckdoggle.

So was my daughter :)

Guiness
09-27-2021, 01:14 PM
I don't care how much help he had, my vote is for

https://www.londondrugs.com/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-londondrugs-master/default/dw59387102/products/L2110252/large/L2110252.JPG

texaspackerbacker
09-27-2021, 01:18 PM

I'm thinking they went to King and said "you're out. The press release can say that, or you can bow out gracefully and say you're ill". And he took that generous offer hahahaha.

CaptainKickass
09-27-2021, 01:49 PM
"The NIJMAN Cometh"

In case you missed this elsewhere:

https://youtu.be/P3HTbS7OPqU

MadScientist
09-27-2021, 08:37 PM
I'm thinking they went to King and said "you're out. The press release can say that, or you can bow out gracefully and say you're ill". And he took that generous offer hahahaha.

More like the told King if he played shifty coverage again, they would have Crosby do his practice kicks using King's balls. And the thought made King sick.

Guiness
10-29-2021, 11:50 AM
So this week's award is a given

https://static.clubs.nfl.com/image/private/t_editorial_landscape_12_desktop/f_auto/packers/oomd464uinfvvsgsj8gt.jpg

From Cardinal PS a month ago to covering a multi-time Pro-Bowler and All-Pro on the penultimate play of the game and coming up with an INT!

Fritz
10-29-2021, 12:14 PM
So this week's award is a given

https://static.clubs.nfl.com/image/private/t_editorial_landscape_12_desktop/f_auto/packers/oomd464uinfvvsgsj8gt.jpg

From Cardinal PS a month ago to covering a multi-time Pro-Bowler and All-Pro on the penultimate play of the game and coming up with an INT!

And it wasn't just that one play. The dude has been ballin' since he replaced Viacom as the starter (who replaced King). I wonder if King will get his job back when he finally does come back.

Maybe it doesn't matter. Even if they make King the starter again, he'll get hurt soon enough...

Joemailman
10-29-2021, 02:11 PM
Every forum needs a contrarian, so I will nominate Henry Black. Black had an INT that set up the Packers 1st 2nd half TD. Without that, Douglas' INT never happens. Douglas, by the way, before he joined the Packers had started 31 games in the NFL. including 2 playoff games. Therefore that, plus the fact that he was originally a 3rd round pick, makes the claim that he is a Fuckdoggle quite dubious. Black, who was an undrafted free agent fits the definition perfectly.

Henry Black: The True Fuckdoggle

https://static.clubs.nfl.com/image/private/t_new_photo_album/f_auto/packers/tnlm7dyaqss0qsyd0dt4.jpg

smuggler
10-29-2021, 04:25 PM
This really might not be the place to complain on this, but I really wish the Packers had drafted McLaruin instead of Sternburger. Sternburger just looks like a little bitch. I think that should have been enough of a clue for the German Shepherd to not draft him. On the other hand, Billy Turner kind of gives off the same vibe and has been valuable, so who knows.

RashanGary
10-29-2021, 05:15 PM
This really might not be the place to complain on this, but I really wish the Packers had drafted McLaruin instead of Sternburger. Sternburger just looks like a little bitch. I think that should have been enough of a clue for the German Shepherd to not draft him. On the other hand, Billy Turner kind of gives off the same vibe and has been valuable, so who knows.

:lol:

True

Freak Out
10-29-2021, 06:59 PM
The Fuckdoggle thread is a place of joy Smuggler.

smuggler
10-29-2021, 07:06 PM
My bad I'm drunk.

HarveyWallbangers
10-29-2021, 07:41 PM
Every forum needs a contrarian, so I will nominate Henry Black. Black had an INT that set up the Packers 1st 2nd half TD. Without that, Douglas' INT never happens. Douglas, by the way, before he joined the Packers had started 31 games in the NFL. including 2 playoff games. Therefore that, plus the fact that he was originally a 3rd round pick, makes the claim that he is a Fuckdoggle quite dubious. Black, who was an undrafted free agent fits the definition perfectly.

Disagree whole-heartedly. Douglas is a Fuckdoggle. Dude was on another team's practice squad three weeks ago.

George Cumby
10-29-2021, 07:41 PM

Henry Black: The True Fuckdoggle

Damn you, with your facts and reason.

My in-game seconding of Guiness's nomination of Douglas was born of, well, the Guiness one drinks and emotion.

If the High Fuckdoggle Council connects, I would like to retract my seconding of Douglas and put it behind Joe's nomination of Black.

Guiness
10-29-2021, 08:31 PM
Douglas performed in the penultimate moment. Who is remembered from the 1972 Summit SCanada cup? Paul Henderson was not the star, but he's all anyone remembers!

King Friday
10-29-2021, 09:14 PM
The fuckdoggle also needs to be someone the other team doesn't know... They knew Douglas.

Upnorth
10-30-2021, 12:19 AM
Douglas performed in the penultimate moment. Who is remembered from the 1972 Summit SCanada cup? Paul Henderson was not the star, but he's all anyone remembers!

2 things,

1) anytime you want to bring up Paul Henderson winning the 72 Canada cup is the right time. One of the greatest moments in world history. Well done guiness.

2) fuck you hoser, I'm painting the bandwagon black! The shade is Henry. Henry black is the very embodimemt of fuckdoggel. His int set the tone for the whole game. Douglas only impacted thevlast 5 seconds.

run pMc
10-30-2021, 10:49 AM
I vote for both, although I think Douglas has a fair claim having effectively been on 4 teams this calendar year. If that's not journeyman status I don't know what is.

RashanGary
10-30-2021, 12:36 PM
Douglas barely qualifies because he was a 3rd round pick, but he was on Arizona’s practice squad and did get called up to our active roster mid season amid a bunch of injuries. Since his play was so impactful, I give the nod to Douglas.

CaptainKickass
10-31-2021, 09:40 AM
"BRING BLACK HENRY BLACK!"

The Incredibly High Council of Fuckdoggle has put down the bong and spoken... man.

George Cumby
10-31-2021, 10:57 AM
As a third round pick, I think that DQ's Douglas.

RashanGary
10-31-2021, 03:50 PM
Looks like the vote is Henry Black. Congrats!

Guiness
10-31-2021, 05:23 PM
This week's BF award is being stolen away by Mike White. 405 yards passing in his first career start to carry the Jets over the Bengals!

bobblehead
10-31-2021, 07:03 PM
This week's BF award is being stolen away by Mike White. 405 yards passing in his first career start to carry the Jets over the Bengals!

2nd...Mike who? Is he related to Danny? Randy? Barry? Even his last name is so generic no one has a fucking clue who he is!!

HarveyWallbangers
10-31-2021, 11:35 PM
White is on only good second team in the league after being drafted in the 5th round. Isn’t her overqualified? Rasul is on his 4th team since April.

Joemailman
11-01-2021, 08:51 AM
If we're going league-wide, gotta consider Cooper Rush. 27 year old undrafted guy out of Central Michigan beats Vikings on the road in his 1st career start.

HarveyWallbangers
11-01-2021, 09:11 AM
White is on only good second team in the league after being drafted in the 5th round. Isn’t her overqualified? Rasul is on his 4th team since April.

Geez. This is what I get for trying to post on my phone--with autocorrect.

run pMc
11-01-2021, 09:48 AM
Didn't think this was going leaguewide. With the Cowboys-Vikings game, it's a shame both teams can't lose.

George Cumby
11-01-2021, 10:14 AM
I think going League-wide is somewhat antithetical to the Fuckdoggle.

Remember, the Fuckdoggle was born of other team's fan's (Bears, btw) frustration at the Packer's ability to dredge up talent from unlikely sources and then coach that talent up into at least one productive performance.

Just my .02.

run pMc
11-01-2021, 04:01 PM

Remember, the Fuckdoggle was born of other team's fan's (Bears, btw) frustration at the Packer's ability to dredge up talent from unlikely sources and then coach that talent up into at least one productive performance.

Just my .02.

Agree.

RashanGary
11-01-2021, 04:59 PM
Agree.

I agree. Fuckdoggle is for the Packers.

smuggler
11-02-2021, 03:13 AM
Actually, I think the dude is a Chiefs fan. Haha

Fritz
11-02-2021, 01:29 PM
I agree. Fuckdoggle is for the Packers.

For what it's worth, I think Douglas's position as a former third-round-pick-fallen-from-glory adds to his fuckdoggelry. We always wonder if the undrafted guy, or the seventh round guy, has some magical skills that have just been untapped. But a third round pick who seems to bust, well, they sink to the bottom of the well. So the fact that Douglas was a third rounder who couldn't measure up to that draft status for his first few years and had fallen to being a practice-squad guy makes his fuckdoggery juju all the more special.

Upnorth
11-02-2021, 04:40 PM

Just my .02.

Preach on brother

smuggler
11-03-2021, 03:40 AM
Rasul Douglas is the bizarro Lardarius Gunter.

Fritz
11-03-2021, 04:59 AM
Ladarius was always seen as limited, though. Dude just wasn't fast. Douglas does seem to have all the physical tools.

Makes you wonder why he didn't make it elsewhere. Maybe he just ended up not getting opportunities, maybe he had to grow up, who knows.

smuggler
11-03-2021, 06:19 AM
Douglas ran a 4.6 but he's plenty fast on the field. Seemingly skillsy. Has size. They're not really bizarro, just similar except in play speed.

Janis/Kumerow is the ultimate bizarro comparison. Kumerow is everything except speed. Janis is nothing but.

Joemailman
11-21-2021, 02:17 PM
Tipa Galeai making some plays today.

Joemailman
11-28-2021, 05:57 PM
Yosh Nijman.

George Cumby
11-28-2021, 06:48 PM
UDFA.

Yes.

bobblehead
11-28-2021, 07:12 PM
No bigger Yosh fan than I, but Rasul coming from a practice squad is the season's fuckdoggle. Hands down.

RashanGary
11-28-2021, 07:15 PM
No bigger Yosh fan than I, but Rasul coming from a practice squad is the season's fuckdoggle. Hands down.

Cumby is trying to control the fuckdoggle flow. Douglas was a 3rd rounder so he claims he’s ineligible.

But Douglas was cast off, practice squaded and then got signed mid season. I think he’s eligible.

George Cumby
11-28-2021, 07:18 PM
Cumby is trying to control the fuckdoggle flow. Douglas was a 3rd rounder so he claims he’s ineligible.

But Douglas was cast off, practice squaded and then got signed mid season. I think he’s eligible.

Not trying to control, but have some reliable standard. :-P

I think Douglas is making the plays one would expect of a third rounder.

But an UDFA holding his own against arguably one of the best lines in the League?

Fuckdoggle.

RashanGary
11-28-2021, 07:31 PM
Not trying to control, but have some reliable standard. :-P

I think Douglas is making the plays one would expect of a third rounder.

But an UDFA holding his own against arguably one of the best lines in the League?

Fuckdoggle.

There is grey area with the fuckdoggle! Coming out, Douglas was a 3rd rounder, so ineligible but once he was cast off and practice squaded, doors open.

George Cumby
11-28-2021, 07:35 PM
There is grey area with the Fuckdoggle, which is what makes the Fuckdoggle the Fuckdoggle.

But in this instance when you have two candidates eligible, one of whom is an UDFA, IMO the UDFA is the proper choice.

esoxx
11-28-2021, 07:37 PM
Rasul Douglas.

Fuckdoggle

HarveyWallbangers
11-28-2021, 08:07 PM
Lots of third rounders suck, and Douglas looked like one of them. He’s on his third team this year. He got cut, was on a second team’s practice squad, we sign him midseason. Now, he’s starting and making plays. Fuckdoggle.

smuggler
11-28-2021, 08:20 PM
Rasul has really bailed us out. He's definitely the frontrunner for Fuckdoggerry. Which is impressive because we're usually good for a handful of Fuckdoggle types each year. I had high hopes for Lenzy Pipkins. A name that only a Carebear or a Fuckdoggle aficionado could truly appreciate.

RashanGary
11-28-2021, 08:32 PM
Cumby :-P :wink:

George Cumby
11-28-2021, 08:35 PM
I vote Douglas.

Duh.

run pMc
11-29-2021, 12:17 PM
Rasul

MadScientist
12-01-2021, 09:23 PM
First the Fuckdoggle then defensive player of the week.

Joemailman
01-03-2022, 01:11 PM
Week 17 Fuckdoggle

David Moore. Former 7th round draft pick. Signed December 30 to practice squad. Activated Jan.2 for one of the coldest games in recent Lambeau history. Gets introduced to Aaron Rodgers on the sideline before the game.

Overcomes overwhelming odds by successfully returning 3 punts including drawing a penalty.

Your Week 17 Fuckdoggle.

smuggler
01-03-2022, 03:13 PM
He's about to turn 27. Kinda weird he was out on the street.

Joemailman
01-03-2022, 04:35 PM
He's about to turn 27. Kinda weird he was out on the street.

Spent 3 weeks with Raiders and 6 weeks with Broncos earlier this year. Apparently seen as just a return guy now. Had a couple decent seasons with Seahawks in 2018 and 2020. Had 417 yards and 6 TD's in 2020. Similar season in 2018. Might be a guy Packers would bring back depending on what happens in FA.

Fritz
01-04-2022, 10:58 AM
Moore returned his first punt about eight yards, I think, and I remember thinking that that was probably the longest punt return the Packers had all year.