PDA

View Full Version : Week 1 other games thread

RashanGary
09-09-2021, 07:14 PM
Everyone predicted the bucs. So I made a small bet on the Cowboys.

RashanGary
09-09-2021, 07:57 PM
McCarthy is the same ol mother fucker. Hand offs to the up back, empty backfields, bad defense.

bobblehead
09-09-2021, 09:23 PM
Fat mike offense. 32 passes first half. Zeke Elliot 4 carries. I like being right about things. Worst active head coach.

smuggler
09-09-2021, 09:58 PM
RG, what was the line you had on your bet? I got the Cowboys+7.5 for my first bet of the year. Not sure if it'll pan out, but I thought catching the Bucs when they're not warmed up seemed like a good play.

RashanGary
09-09-2021, 10:15 PM
RG, what was the line you had on your bet? I got the Cowboys+7.5 for my first bet of the year. Not sure if it'll pan out, but I thought catching the Bucs when they're not warmed up seemed like a good play.

I got +360 on Dallas outright.

smuggler
09-09-2021, 10:39 PM
Oh, spicy! I prefer to use the spread, usually.

call_me_ishmael
09-09-2021, 10:42 PM
Boy, huge penalty and huge play. Time for the kick. Giving Brady too much time but can the old man get it up? Yo no say.

smuggler
09-09-2021, 10:51 PM
Wow, how did they not call the OPI on Godwin?? Officials ended up deciding the game with that non-call.

RashanGary
09-09-2021, 10:52 PM

Nice bet. I was gonna go that way too, but I made a small one on the money line.

RashanGary
09-09-2021, 10:54 PM
Wow, how did they not call the OPI on Godwin?? Officials ended up deciding the game with that non-call.

That was OPI. The refs weren’t bad tonight overall. I was hoping the refs would help me out tonight, but nope.

smuggler
09-09-2021, 10:58 PM
Yeah, it seemed pretty good overall until they just brushed that one under the rug. Bucs could still have won if they called it. But not calling it basically doomed Dallas.

RashanGary
09-09-2021, 11:00 PM
That was a good game. I’m a little worried about my Giants bets this year now. I had giants over 7 wins and giants to win the east. Dallas could win some games with that offense.

RashanGary
09-09-2021, 11:02 PM
Yeah, it seemed pretty good overall until they just brushed that one under the rug. Bucs could still have won if they called it. But not calling it basically doomed Dallas.

Yeah. That was a bad non call. Arm fully extended, guy goes falling away. It was a clear opi. I miss the days when you could challenge that.

RashanGary
09-09-2021, 11:03 PM
Dak is a really good player. Tough as hell. Smart. Good arm.

texaspackerbacker
09-09-2021, 11:44 PM
A lot like the old Fail Mary game - getting away with OPI, a clear push off decided the game.

George Cumby
09-10-2021, 10:53 AM
A lot like the old Fail Mary game - getting away with OPI, a clear push off decided the game.

No way!

The refs favoring Tom Brady's team?

GTFO!

Fritz
09-10-2021, 12:44 PM
Fat mike offense. 32 passes first half. Zeke Elliot 4 carries. I like being right about things. Worst active head coach.

Those last few years in GB, MM's teams were tough to watch.

ugh. Glad he's gone. I wish Ted had been with it enough to know he had to fire MM. I know they kept dragging ass to the playoffs, but it was clear the game was passing him by. When he started arguing with reporters that motion and movement to get guys open was dumb because his guys needed to start just beating the guy on the other side, that's when we knew that he jumped the shark.

bobblehead
09-10-2021, 01:35 PM

In the NFL there are 2 rules. Brady defenses can mug WRs in the postseason. There is no such thing as offensive PI if Brady threw the pass.

bobblehead
09-10-2021, 01:37 PM
Those last few years in GB, MM's teams were tough to watch.

ugh. Glad he's gone. I wish Ted had been with it enough to know he had to fire MM. I know they kept dragging ass to the playoffs, but it was clear the game was passing him by. When he started arguing with reporters that motion and movement to get guys open was dumb because his guys needed to start just beating the guy on the other side, that's when we knew that he jumped the shark.

Translation: If you just give me 11 guys who all beat the other 11 guys man to man I'm a great coach!!

RashanGary
09-10-2021, 02:46 PM
Translation: If you just give me 11 guys who all beat the other 11 guys man to man I'm a great coach!!

It’s motivating for the players to be tasked with out playing the opponent. McCarthy won a Super Bowl. He’s not that bad.

Guiness
09-10-2021, 03:05 PM

Yeah. That was a bad non call. Arm fully extended, guy goes falling away. It was a clear opi. I miss the days when you could challenge that.

I wasn't so sure about that one - I tend to agree with Collingsworth *shudder* that the DB was in a full back pedal - WR put on the brakes, gap opened, WR extended his arm and the db ran into it as much as he was pushed. I'm not sure I saw a much contact there at all.

smuggler
09-10-2021, 03:28 PM
It looks worse in slow motion, but based on the action live, the DB getting floored, I thought it was a penalty. Collinsworth has a point, but the reciever extends two arms and the back gets tossed. Wasn't a flop, either.

Fritz
09-10-2021, 03:31 PM
I'm not sure why so much dislike of Collingsworth. Seems personable enough. Knowledgeable, too, though not as sharp as he was a few years ago. Seems a bit more banal these days.

smuggler
09-10-2021, 05:54 PM
La'El Collins suspended 5 games for refusing his drug test, and the league is calling it a substances of abuse suspension. More likely, he knew would have popped hot for performance enhancers and thus his refusal.

Smart because normal fans will be none the wiser. They'll just think he smokes weed (which is no longer against the CBA, and is not part of the drug testing), even though he's doing something worse.

texaspackerbacker
09-10-2021, 07:47 PM

That was mostly a matter of going with what worked and taking what the defense was giving. Their O Line wasn't opening holes at all. I wish McCarthy had been more that way with the Packers. I recall way too many times that he forced a run when passing would have made more sense. They say Elliot is fitter and better this year, but I sure didn't see it in this game - maybe him, maybe poor blocking, maybe Tampa D, maybe all of the above.

texaspackerbacker
09-10-2021, 07:52 PM
I've never really disliked Collingsworth compared to other commentators, but like virtually all of them, he spouts the company line - not contradicting the officials on bad calls. And he stuck to that on this OPI non-call. Even the "expert" they called in said it looked like OPI. It's irrelevant whether the receiver hits the DB hard enough to knock him down. If he hits him and extends the arms, that satisfies the rule for a penalty.

What is the rule now on challenging a PI type situation. It wasn't possible, then it was possible, now I'm not sure. If he could have, McCarthy should have.

Joemailman
09-11-2021, 12:38 PM
I've never really disliked Collingsworth compared to other commentators, but like virtually all of them, he spouts the company line - not contradicting the officials on bad calls. And he stuck to that on this OPI non-call. Even the "expert" they called in said it looked like OPI. It's irrelevant whether the receiver hits the DB hard enough to knock him down. If he hits him and extends the arms, that satisfies the rule for a penalty.

What is the rule now on challenging a PI type situation. It wasn't possible, then it was possible, now I'm not sure. If he could have, McCarthy should have.

There are no coaches challenges allowed in last 2 minutes. Plus, challenging PI was for 2019 only.

Fritz
09-12-2021, 01:48 PM
Lions getting whomped by SF in Detroit. 28 - 10 last I checked.

Funny, the media was making fun of Dan Campbell for the first few months he was here, but in the past two weeks they've gone all nice - he even got an apology from a reporter - and the new theme is that the new GM and coach really, really like their roster and geez, maybe they won't be so bad after all. Maybe Dan Campbell is the real deal, and maybe they'll be competetive all season long.

Joemailman
09-12-2021, 02:12 PM
Vikings looking like a team that will lose games because they make too many mistakes.

Joemailman
09-12-2021, 02:39 PM
Steelers block punt for TD. Steelers lead Buffalo 20-10 after trailing 10-0.

George Cumby
09-12-2021, 03:26 PM
Vikings looking like a team that will lose games because they make too many mistakes.

Bengals are pretty awful, yes?

George Cumby
09-12-2021, 03:44 PM
Woot. Bengals.

RashanGary
09-12-2021, 08:07 PM
Stafford lucky to get out of exile island. He’s got himself a good situation in LA.

MadScientist
09-12-2021, 10:10 PM
Packers are tied for the division lead. Despite the shit show this afternoon.

call_me_ishmael
09-12-2021, 11:27 PM
Stafford lucky to get out of exile island. He’s got himself a good situation in LA.

Winner of SB might come out of NFCW. Stacked division.

beveaux1
09-13-2021, 10:55 AM
Packers are tied for the division lead. Despite the shit show this afternoon.

We might be in the worst division in football.