09-12-2021, 06:38 PM
That banjo is in too good of shape.

George Cumby
09-12-2021, 06:39 PM
Rodgers passer rating 36.8.

Time for the Jordan Love era to begin!

Joemailman
09-12-2021, 06:40 PM
MLF not mincing words. Said it was an embarrassment. Says it's right to question everything they did.

Teamcheez1
09-12-2021, 06:41 PM
Time for the Jordan Love era to begin!

I laugh when people have said on this forum that Rodgers will play as long as Brady.

scharpcheddar
09-12-2021, 06:46 PM
Jameis kicked some ass lol

RashanGary
09-12-2021, 06:47 PM
I laugh when people have said on this forum that Rodgers will play as long as Brady.

Brady grinds at it to get where he is. Rodgers doesn’t want to work in the offseason.

Joemailman
09-12-2021, 06:51 PM
Rodgers said they expected more pressure from Saints. Saints played 2 shell. Need to be able to run on that.

On the red zone INT said he should have dumped it off to Jones. On the deep INT thought safety would go with Adams. Thought he's have 1 on 1 with MVS.

red
09-12-2021, 06:59 PM
Brady grinds at it to get where he is. Rodgers doesn’t want to work in the offseason.

quit acting like he skipped 200 days of practice to party every single day and night

he missed what? 10 practices? from late january until august. and he went to hawaii for a couple weeks and had fun? oh boo fucking hoo

by most reports i've seen he worked his ass off this offseason, and was in great shape

just stop crying over someone you worshipped not doing every single fucking thing in their life they way you want them to do it

red
09-12-2021, 07:00 PM
Rodgers said they expected more pressure from Saints. Saints played 2 shell. Need to be able to run on that.

On the red zone INT said he should have dumped it off to Jones. On the deep INT thought safety would go with Adams. Thought he's have 1 on 1 with MVS.

there was nowhere to run today. its like they knew right where the holes were going to be and plugged then in the backfield

Freak Out
09-12-2021, 07:05 PM
Fuckin- A Red. Completely outcoached top to bottom.

RashanGary
09-12-2021, 07:06 PM
MVS looked like he’s another year improved on the shorter routes. He looked confident and aggressive even in the shorter stuff.

Gary had quite a bit of pressure and those were good tackles

Savage looked fast on that interception return

Jenkins looked good at tackle

Love looked really good in limited work

Stokes made a good play

But it was mostly doom and gloom.

red
09-12-2021, 07:07 PM
i like how after a massive ass kicking, kenny clark and some other fat fuck were laughing it up with the saints

and some people still think players give a shit about winning and not just making money

Joemailman
09-12-2021, 07:09 PM
MVS looked like he’s another year improved on the shorter routes. He looked confident and aggressive even in the shorter stuff.

Gary had quite a bit of pressure and those were good tackles

Savage looked fast on that interception return

Jenkins looked good at tackle

Love looked really good in limited work

Stokes made a good play

But it was mostly doom and gloom.

The Stokes play was probably the only play by the Packers all day that got my attention in a good way. The ground he covered to get to the receiver and knock the ball out was awesome.

King Friday
09-12-2021, 07:13 PM
The Stokes play was probably the only play by the Packers all day that got my attention in a good way. The ground he covered to get to the receiver and knock the ball out was awesome.

I was merely surprised at that play because I figured there was a rule made before the game that Packer DBs couldn't be within 5 yards of a receiver until he caught the ball and turned upfield. I was sure Stokes would be arrested and thrown in jail for his indifference toward preordained rules.

RashanGary
09-12-2021, 07:14 PM

That was a good play. I’m glad they’re giving Stokes snaps. If he gets worked in slow, he’ll have a chance to improve over the course of the season and be in really good shape heading into his second season. If he doesn’t play, that’s bad for his growth.

Joemailman
09-12-2021, 07:18 PM
That was a good play. I’m glad they’re giving Stokes snaps. If he gets worked in slow, he’ll have a chance to improve over the course of the season and be in really good shape heading into his second season. If he doesn’t play, that’s bad for his growth.

I think he'll be in there sooner than later. King just looks like such a liability against a fast receiver. I wonder if the injuries throughout his career have slowed him down.

red
09-12-2021, 07:20 PM
god i hate packer fans

do you guys know the real reason the packers got the shit kicked out of them today. according to some "past his expiration date" old fuck on the radio, its all because rodgers needs to cut his long hippie hair and shave

RashanGary
09-12-2021, 07:22 PM
god i hate packer fans

do you guys know the real reason the packers got the shit kicked out of them today. according to some "past his expiration date" old fuck on the radio, its all because rodgers needs to cut his long hippie hair and shave

:lol:

I love humanity!

Joemailman
09-12-2021, 07:26 PM
god i hate packer fans

Woody or Shadow?

red
09-12-2021, 07:31 PM
acceptable haircut for nfl QBs

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-dsPTogYQoMU/Vyc31rkurlI/AAAAAAAAAdk/xZg9oNeNOkYmF2RNXf4dU2wU1B_RJlbtgCKgB/s640/Unitas%2Bcleats%2Bcrewcut%2Bkneeling%2Bcolor.jpg

Joemailman
09-12-2021, 07:38 PM
Better than this:

https://i.pinimg.com/474x/26/46/82/264682b6e9ae8f89db3c76741daccac8.jpg

Teamcheez1
09-12-2021, 07:41 PM
god i hate packer fans

He might be right.

Sparkey
09-12-2021, 07:51 PM
I honestly was not surprised how the game went. Guys looked like they hadn't played together. Which is true.

The real concern I have is that Rodgers Looked like he was running in sand a few times. I'm used too seeing him roll/slide in/out the pocket and create some separation to make throws. A few times he rolled/slide and looked like he was running in sand.

Honestly the loss is not a big deal but the lack of energy almost is the most concerning. But that defense, or should I saw charades was just hard too watch.

Joemailman
09-12-2021, 08:40 PM
I honestly was not surprised how the game went. Guys looked like they hadn't played together. Which is true.

The real concern I have is that Rodgers Looked like he was running in sand a few times. I'm used too seeing him roll/slide in/out the pocket and create some separation to make throws. A few times he rolled/slide and looked like he was running in sand.

Honestly the loss is not a big deal but the lack of energy almost is the most concerning. But that defense, or should I saw charades was just hard too watch.

I've thought about what kind of physical shape Rodgers might be in. If he was seriously considering retirement, he likely didn't work out like he would if he was definitely planning on playing. He was hanging out in Hawaii when his teammates were at OTA's and minicamp. Fitness becomes more important as an athlete gets older.

ThunderDan
09-12-2021, 09:28 PM
We lost the game because our head coach didn’t have the team ready to play.

That started in the preseason when we didn’t play any important starters and didn’t build team chemistry. Our star QB acted like an ass during the off-season. We hired a washed out DC who hasn’t proved he deserves to another shot at the position.

Our off-season was shit. Training camp and preseason were crap.

It really was no surprise that we played like shit. We all remember last year and how good our O was and how it carried the team.

We have huge questions to answer. Luckily it was one game. Hopefully, this motivates the team that they just can’t show up and have a guaranteed win.

call_me_ishmael
09-12-2021, 11:13 PM
quit acting like he skipped 200 days of practice to party every single day and night

he missed what? 10 practices? from late january until august. and he went to hawaii for a couple weeks and had fun? oh boo fucking hoo

by most reports i've seen he worked his ass off this offseason, and was in great shape

just stop crying over someone you worshipped not doing every single fucking thing in their life they way you want them to do it

Maybe it's perception of lifestyle, etc but I certainly have the image that Brady works wayyyy harder in the off-season. Of course, who knows if that is really true. Rodgers clearly commit to his diet bigly this off-season as he looked lean AF at the derby and in Hawaii.

call_me_ishmael
09-12-2021, 11:14 PM
i like how after a massive ass kicking, kenny clark and some other fat fuck were laughing it up with the saints

and some people still think players give a shit about winning and not just making money

These things are not mutually exclusive. These are teamsters from different crews. Union buddies. These are the guys who all know eachother from the top camps and spring leagues, etc. Many go way back.

call_me_ishmael
09-12-2021, 11:20 PM
I missed the game today, but my biggest concern from the off-season was Joe Barry, and nothing in the highlights or from what I've read has changed that. This guy has sucked every where he has been and there is reason to believe he will continue to do so.

It is certainly concerning how they got their butt whipped so badly today. Major yikes. Let's hope MILF turns it around and Rodgers still has it. Let's not forget the Saints were in the NFCC two years ago and were a stacked team. Really good players at all level of the D, a very solid OL and a good RB.

Fritz
09-13-2021, 06:53 AM
This game can be summed up easily:

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/f50ef001-a171-4ae5-9fd8-6973803f085d/d63peqn-d940d5dc-bfc9-4e39-9792-d5418cb67111.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJ IUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQz NzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZT BkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6 W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2Y1MGVmMDAxLWExNzEtNGFlNS05Zm Q4LTY5NzM4MDNmMDg1ZFwvZDYzcGVxbi1kOTQwZDVkYy1iZmM5 LTRlMzktOTc5Mi1kNTQxOGNiNjcxMTEuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIj pbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0._V5MyhFI CBMw82mhuoiVgKzmlnvDIWRct2_Tr9giBog

Joemailman
09-13-2021, 08:15 AM
snap counts:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E_KXgv7WYAYxe19?format=jpg&name=mediumhttps://pbs.twimg.com/media/E_KXfs_WYAQLGRr?format=jpg&name=medium

Guiness
09-13-2021, 09:04 AM
there was nowhere to run today. its like they knew right where the holes were going to be and plugged then in the backfield

The run game looked like it had a chance with Dillon's back to back 6yd runs, but after the sack they didn't go back to him.

King Friday
09-13-2021, 09:20 AM
It's all about the pad level, damn it!

Joemailman
09-13-2021, 10:10 AM
The run game looked like it had a chance with Dillon's back to back 6yd runs, but after the sack they didn't go back to him.

I remember a few games in recent years where when the OL wasn't opening up many holes, Jamaal Williams, with his more physical running style, had more success than Jones. That should have been the case with Dillon yesterday. Of course, we don't know if Lafleur abandoned the run or if Rodgers was checking to passes.

RashanGary
09-13-2021, 11:25 AM
I was worried about Jenkins at LT and the rookies. As it played out, the rookies were a bit of a problem but Jenkins really held his own. Once Bakh comes back, the OL might be fine. Get it down to one rookie and things should be ok.

RashanGary
09-13-2021, 11:27 AM
MVS looked better than ever running those shorter routes.

I have high hopes for the offense to run the ball a lot more going forward and open up some of the pass game from there.

Defense is brand new. We had to figure it would take a couple weeks. I expect them to improve too.

In the long run, I think we might be ok.

texaspackerbacker
09-13-2021, 01:37 PM
The main problem with Jenkins at LT was that he wasn't at LG. The whole line was pretty bad, but Patrick stood out to me as especially bad both in pass blocking and in not opening holes for runs. Sometimes, it just seems that other have more people back in pass coverage than the Packers do. I think the reason for this is because our O Line, not just this year, but pretty much forever, can be defeated with less personnel pass rushing, leaving more for coverage. Was N.O. blitzing or even stunting very much? No, it looked like they were just lining up and beating our O Line, especially Patrick.

Jaire
09-13-2021, 01:48 PM
I think he'll be in there sooner than later. King just looks like such a liability against a fast receiver. I wonder if the injuries throughout his career have slowed him down.

Yeah. King didn't look good.

As to the rest, this was just a bad game: preason vs. a team ready to play. That's on coaches. Also Winston is the real deal. I'm as amazed as ever at how good Payton and his staff are. We had the better talent.

call_me_ishmael
09-13-2021, 02:10 PM
Jameis Winston definitely has talent - recall he was a high MLB draft prospect as a pitcher and a #1 NFL pick. He just is a moron who gets into trouble and throws a lot of INTs.

Jaire
09-13-2021, 03:55 PM
My thoughts after "just one game."

1) they got this out of the way early. It really boosted my respect for Payton. He did way more with less.

2) I'm ready to move on (next year) from AR who I regard as GOAT. He looked slow. Brady is the only QB to play well into his 40s. If we get one first for AR, I'm happy. Love and Kurt can win some games. Adams can go too. I'm done with the drama. Like them both, but let this be the "last dance."

3) We need another WR, probably two next year. Amari is a good new beginning but time to rebuild that unit.

4) The oline will be fine in a few weeks. AR thought the rooks did fine.

5) King is not good. He lost a step with his injuries. I can't wait to see Stokes take over. I also wish they grabbed another cb in round three. It was such a deep class and we were weaker than I thought

6) Way to early to judge this Defense. Amos wished they had played in preseason. The defense needed that time to learn to play together and learn the new system. That will take some time nowbut I saw some good play. I agree that players were not in the right spot at times and the Saints had more numbers on too many plays. A. Lot of assignment confusion. Give it time.

7) I've never seen MLF's offense look so inept. I expect them to bounce back. His worst game. They'll figure it out. They'll be back in top form soon. San Fran & the Rams had worse off seasons imo. The Bucs will have a very hatd time making it back. I still think that GB is favorite to represent the NFC.

red
09-13-2021, 05:17 PM
MVS looked better than ever running those shorter routes.

I have high hopes for the offense to run the ball a lot more going forward and open up some of the pass game from there.

Defense is brand new. We had to figure it would take a couple weeks. I expect them to improve too.

In the long run, I think we might be ok.

Quit trying to make mvs something special

3 catches for 17 fucking yards.

No, he did not look better. His game was just as shit as everyone else

red
09-13-2021, 05:21 PM
The main problem with Jenkins at LT was that he wasn't at LG.

This is actually a good point that you might not have even been trying to make. By moving Jenkins all over the place, you might make a guy that's good at a bunch of positions, but he could be flat out elite if you just quit fucking around and let him focus on one spot

CaptainKickass
09-13-2021, 05:21 PM
Lots of this going on today in the Packer-verse

https://d3mvlb3hz2g78.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/thumb_720_450_1373_f.jpg

Joemailman
09-13-2021, 05:35 PM
This is actually a good point that you might not have even been trying to make. By moving Jenkins all over the place, you might make a guy that's good at a bunch of positions, but he could be flat out elite if you just quit fucking around and let him focus on one spot

Actually I think he looks elite no matter where they put him. He's that good. I do think his future is at RT.

red
09-13-2021, 06:27 PM
so, pat mcaffee today said that you could hear rodgers say "ah, fuck it", on the TV right before he threw the terrible INT

did anyone else hear this, or was he just bull shitting?

red
09-13-2021, 06:30 PM
Actually I think he looks elite no matter where they put him. He's that good. I do think his future is at RT.

you're probably right

the bad thing is that he's just gonna be one more player that we're gonna have to shell out top dollar for in the near future

call_me_ishmael
09-13-2021, 08:09 PM

If he looks really good at LT, I think he’s going to want to be an LT going forward and the Packers might be just crazy enough to oblige him after next year.

Sparkey
09-13-2021, 08:34 PM
QB Aaron Rodgers: Decisive and accurate throughout his MVP season in 2020, the 37-year-old quarterback was hesitant and inaccurate throughout his 2021 season debut. Even his completions required difficult catches. He killed any chance of a comeback with back-to-back interceptions in the third quarter, including a rare one in the red zone preventing a clear scoring opportunity and a second – the equivalent of an arm punt – handing the Saints seven points. Pressure affected him, especially once the offense turned one-dimensional. Sunday followed a similar script. The Packers got down early, abandoned the plan and then asked the quarterback to play hero ball. He’s no longer capable. He hasn’t been capable in years. Either Rodgers plays well from the pocket (especially clean pockets) and on play-action or this offense will suffer serious regression

https://www.google.com/amp/s/packerswire.usatoday.com/lists/studs-and-duds-from-packers-38-3-loss-to-saints-in-week-1/amp/

texaspackerbacker
09-13-2021, 11:15 PM
If he looks really good at LT, I think he’s going to want to be an LT going forward and the Packers might be just crazy enough to oblige him after next year.

Jenkins needs to be at Guard. That's where we got killed yesterday, and that is the more important position of the two. He was good not great at tackle; He's always been great at guard.

And he tackled better than most of our D after that interception.

Jaire
09-14-2021, 09:41 AM
Quit trying to make mvs something special

3 catches for 17 fucking yards.

No, he did not look better. His game was just as shit as everyone else

What I saw too. I'm ready for a new receiving room. I think Lazard is under contract through 2022. Amari will be fine. But it's time to move on. The oline, RB room, and TEs are solid. Gotta save some money somewhere and pro ready WRs are available these days from 1st round throug mid round 2.

Joemailman
09-14-2021, 09:52 AM
What I saw too. I'm ready for a new receiving room. I think Lazard is under contract through 2022. Amari will be fine. But it's time to move on. The oline, RB room, and TEs are solid. Gotta save some money somewhere and pro ready WRs are available these days from 1st round throug mid round 2.

Lazard is a restricted free agent in 2022. Adams, MVS and Tonyan will all be unrestricted. Packers may have to choose between keeping Adams, or keeping the other guys.

I could see the Packers going with the latter and getting one of Denvers' good receivers as part of a trade for Rodgers.

Fosco33
09-14-2021, 12:56 PM
Read that many coaches and a player from Saints have covid.

Should be low risk for Offense as they weren’t on the field.

And our defense seemed to instinctively know they had covid as they wouldn’t touch them.

call_me_ishmael
09-14-2021, 02:41 PM
Jenkins needs to be at Guard. That's where we got killed yesterday, and that is the more important position of the two. He was good not great at tackle; He's always been great at guard.

And he tackled better than most of our D after that interception.

He rated as the second best OT by PFF last week behind Trent Williams. He is going to be a tackle going forward - if only because HE will want to be a tackle because of the difference in $$$.

https://twitter.com/PFF_Mike/status/1437856332091121666

George Cumby
09-14-2021, 04:50 PM
Bakh at LT, Leeeeeeeeeroy Jenkins! at RT = Bad-Ass.

Jaire
09-14-2021, 09:16 PM
Lazard is a restricted free agent in 2022. Adams, MVS and Tonyan will all be unrestricted. Packers may have to choose between keeping Adams, or keeping the other guys.

I could see the Packers going with the latter and getting one of Denvers' good receivers as part of a trade for Rodgers.

What I'm saying:

I'm thinking we should keep Tonyan and probably Lazard (becasue of fit) after next year. .... Otherwise I'm of the opinion WR is a dime a dozen, easiest to replace especially MLF's system. Still gotta shell out draft capital to match our mold But easier to draft than other positions. Gute did a good job stacking the other rooms.

Jaire
09-14-2021, 09:18 PM
He rated as the second best OT by PFF last week behind Trent Williams. He is going to be a tackle going forward - if only because HE will want to be a tackle because of the difference in $$$.

https://twitter.com/PFF_Mike/status/1437856332091121666

Jenkins ain't going anywhere, whereever he plays. He's plus plus. Find another RT and kick him back inside. Pay him LT money. He's the foundation of this line going forward.

texaspackerbacker
09-14-2021, 09:23 PM
+1, Jaire.

call_me_ishmael
09-15-2021, 08:42 AM
If Jenkins keeps this up, I have little doubt he is the LT of the future and will be paid like it. He will get an extension this off-season, play RT next year, play LT after that going forward.

texaspackerbacker
09-15-2021, 09:59 AM
I take it a lot of you guys like "analytics". Who gets to the QB quicker and has the best chance to hit him? the pass rusher who beats the tackle or the pass rusher who beats the guard? This is one case where observation tells you the same thing. The huge percentage of times, Rodgers in particular and QBs in general elude that outside rusher and throw it either to a receiver or at least away. Not so much when the guy blasts up the A gap.

The Packers run game also says that inside - guards and center - are more important positions than tackle.

Harlan Huckleby
09-15-2021, 10:34 AM
The reason that the tackle positions are harder to fill is that the big dudes have to be nimble enough to deal with speed rushers. They are more valuable because of smaller supply.

- Captain Obvious

Fritz
09-16-2021, 08:09 AM
Rodgers or LeFleur or whoever is actually making the decisions on playcalling needs to stop acting like a kid who gets to choose candy or vegetables.

Jaire
09-16-2021, 09:32 AM
The reason that the tackle positions are harder to fill is that the big dudes have to be nimble enough to deal with speed rushers. They are more valuable because of smaller supply.

- Captain Obvious

Yes

Two great posts by cap'n obvious.

texaspackerbacker
09-16-2021, 12:05 PM
That would explain the generally higher pay for tackles than guards, but it says nothing about the comparative importance of the positions, which I say again, is MUCH tilted toward guard being more important.

HarveyWallbangers
09-16-2021, 12:55 PM
1 sack (which should be attributed to Rodgers) and 3 pressures allowed in 41 pass attempts. :)