PDA

View Full Version : Who looks worst after this blowout loss?

RashanGary
09-12-2021, 06:44 PM
Poll to follow

George Cumby
09-12-2021, 06:44 PM
Everyone.

red
09-12-2021, 06:49 PM
you need an all of the above, and then some, or else its gutey because he is the boss of all those guys

RashanGary
09-12-2021, 06:51 PM
I voted Rodgers. His offseason looks petty and destructive in hindsight

George Cumby
09-12-2021, 06:55 PM
I voted Rodgers. His offseason looks petty and destructive in hindsight

Hindsight?!

King Friday
09-12-2021, 06:55 PM
All of the above, but mostly Barry. This was supposed to be a high energy defense capable of doing great things. All I saw was wide open receivers all over the field and Winston running for first downs and throwing TDs. For an initial impression in Green Bay, that was a thud of epic proportions.

Joemailman
09-12-2021, 07:00 PM
I'd say Lafleur because as a team it looked like they weren't ready to play a game. I think the coach sets the tone. Plus, it's his offense, and when the other team is playing 2 shell, you have to be able to run the ball to force them out of it. By his admission, they didn't try to run it enough.

wthigoot
09-12-2021, 07:02 PM
Everyone.

This seems like the correct option to me. No one was ready to go. Next year starters will play a little in preseason.

Burn the tape and start over next week.

red
09-12-2021, 07:04 PM
This seems like the correct option to me. No one was ready to go. Next year starters will play a little in preseason.

Burn the tape and start over next week.

i don't know if this will change anything. we've looked sluggish in the past to start the year after not playing starters a lot, but it seems instead of fixing the obvious problem, we keep going in the direction of starters playing even less

George Cumby
09-12-2021, 07:05 PM
It's shades of McCarthy.

MrJuly4th
09-12-2021, 07:07 PM
I would go with "All The Above" but there were some special standout people that I would like to elude to. In third places, Chandon Sullivan who pick up right were he left off last year with his inability to cover any WR. Second place goes to Kevin King. He let Scott Miller burn him in the NFC Championship game for a TD and decided to double down on that type of coverage with the Saints' Deonte Harris in today's game. However, the most embarrassing performance was the official who called the late hit on ZSmith. If that is roughing the passer then we are going to see a lot of flags this season.

Joemailman
09-12-2021, 07:14 PM
i don't know if this will change anything. we've looked sluggish in the past to start the year after not playing starters a lot, but it seems instead of fixing the obvious problem, we keep going in the direction of starters playing even less

They always bounce back though. Packers have never lost 2 in a row in a season under LaFleur.

Rutnstrut
09-12-2021, 07:28 PM
Rodgers. It doesn't matter who the blame is really on. After all the shit this offseason a start like this makes him look like an even bigger whine ass.

Bretsky
09-12-2021, 08:22 PM
I want an option JB and AROD

MadScientist
09-12-2021, 08:32 PM
They all deserve the (dis)honor, but I went with MLF because the entire team looked like they prepared only by reading press clippings saying how good they are.

Joemailman
09-12-2021, 08:47 PM
They all deserve the (dis)honor, but I went with MLF because the entire team looked like they prepared only by reading press clippings saying how good they are.

The good news is they won't have to worry about that this week.:pack::glug::pack:

call_me_ishmael
09-12-2021, 11:28 PM
Rodgers. It doesn't matter who the blame is really on. After all the shit this offseason a start like this makes him look like an even bigger whine ass.

This.

Fritz
09-13-2021, 06:51 AM
LaFleur. The team was not ready to play, period.

And he was the guy who hired Joe Barry, and that defense looked awful, like the Packer defense of 2011.

And Gutekunst resigned Kevin King because . . . ? Stokes better be out there next week.

texaspackerbacker
09-13-2021, 07:24 AM
The good news is they won't have to worry about that this week.:pack::glug::pack:

There seems to be a pattern here - stink it up and then have the team from eastern Michigan come to town. The problem is, that's not really gonna say much about if things are fixed or not.

Guiness
09-13-2021, 08:51 AM
I voted LaFleur because at the end of the day he's responsible for what's on the field but would've like to see an 'all of the above' option.

So many things I don't understand from the game, but I'm going to start with why was the pass game not working against a very depleted defensive backfield???

King Friday
09-13-2021, 09:31 AM
I would agree MLF is most responsible as the head coach, but I just don't think he's the one who comes off the worst in this debacle. He owned up to it after the game, and to this point had never led the Packers down the road of a losing streak. Barry is the one who was providing a first impression, and it was atrocious in every possible way...showing every single poor tendency this defense has had over the last 3-4 years. It appears Barry has literally done nothing to overhaul the defense, and I had trouble identifying anything he did that was different from Pettine other than his pained "My defense is shitting itself" look during the first half as he failed to find any solution.

call_me_ishmael
09-13-2021, 09:44 AM
It's Matt LaFleur's job to get the team ready but in the court of public opinion this one was solely on Rodgers. He is getting fried.

Sparkey
09-13-2021, 10:06 AM
I saw a clip on Packers.com showing Rodgers leading the team on the field. The energy out of that tunnel was the same as the same energy they showed on the field.

They basically shit the bed.

Now I understand the not playing starters in the preseason. The wins mean nothing, you have one less game to evaluate the udfa's and one big injury can derail the whole season.

But, if you do that, you better have a way to get guys prepared for the contact/hits in the first game.

Sparkey
09-13-2021, 10:11 AM
Oh, it's on MLF. Gute has nothing to do with game day preparation. Berry is a close second. Rodgers is third because he is the goat, and since he makes everyone better, he failed big time.

Joemailman
09-13-2021, 10:22 AM
I saw a clip on Packers.com showing Rodgers leading the team on the field. The energy out of that tunnel was the same as the same energy they showed on the field.

They basically shit the bed.

Now I understand the not playing starters in the preseason. The wins mean nothing, you have one less game to evaluate the udfa's and one big injury can derail the whole season.

But, if you do that, you better have a way to get guys prepared for the contact/hits in the first game.

This is where I suspect they failed. For the first time, they had 2 full weeks to prepare for their 1st game, and totally failed. And for the record, Matt Stafford didn't throw a pass in the preseason either, and looked like a potential MVP Sunday night.

SudsMcBucky
09-13-2021, 10:58 AM
They all have a lot of egg on their face for obvious reasons, but I voted Erin in this pole as he sure talked a bunch of $hit and then went out and put on that shit sandwich. The one who came out looking the best in this whole situation, though, is Jim Leonhard. It was pure genius of him to let Berry (or anyone else) run this mess.

Tony Oday
09-13-2021, 11:11 AM
Prima donna was going for the hero plays when there were open under receivers open. He was 2019 AR not 2020 AR.

texaspackerbacker
09-13-2021, 01:24 PM
Oh, it's on MLF. Gute has nothing to do with game day preparation. Berry is a close second. Rodgers is third because he is the goat, and since he makes everyone better, he failed big time.

True all, although Gutekunst did bring back Kevin King even though presumably it was LaFleur and/or Berry who decided to use him as first string.

I can't help thinking that LaFleur made a big mistake in completely farting away the preseason as a chance to work out the bugs, both offensively and defensively. New coordinators, new D scheme, new combinations of personnel, and they got thrown into the fire against what proved to be a tougher opponent that it seemed.

I have always preferred cerebral coaches over gung ho hyper-enthusiasm types like Berry (who reminds me of somebody many in here liked but I did not - Kevin Greene). A lot of teams with seemingly a lot less D talent than the Packers conjure up a scheme (actually probably a lot of different schemes depending on the opponent) and have great success with that lesser talent. Why couldn't we have gotten somebody like that? I watched the Houston game yesterday, and that was the case. LaFleur is cerebral, and I tend to like him in general, but my guess is that he made a serious blunder in not using so many in preseason, and that may be the primary cause of the shitshow yesterday.

HarveyWallbangers
09-13-2021, 07:32 PM
True all, although Gutekunst did bring back Kevin King even though presumably it was LaFleur and/or Berry who decided to use him as first string.

I can't help thinking that LaFleur made a big mistake in completely farting away the preseason as a chance to work out the bugs, both offensively and defensively. New coordinators, new D scheme, new combinations of personnel, and they got thrown into the fire against what proved to be a tougher opponent that it seemed.

I have always preferred cerebral coaches over gung ho hyper-enthusiasm types like Berry (who reminds me of somebody many in here liked but I did not - Kevin Greene). A lot of teams with seemingly a lot less D talent than the Packers conjure up a scheme (actually probably a lot of different schemes depending on the opponent) and have great success with that lesser talent. Why couldn't we have gotten somebody like that? I watched the Houston game yesterday, and that was the case. LaFleur is cerebral, and I tend to like him in general, but my guess is that he made a serious blunder in not using so many in preseason, and that may be the primary cause of the shitshow yesterday.

Nothing about Rodgers. :) Rodgers is supposed to carry a bad OL. The OL wasn’t even that awful in pass protection. Doesn’t it make you realize how damn good they were last year?

texaspackerbacker
09-13-2021, 11:08 PM
Are you kidding? The O Line stunk. I'm not excusing Rodgers. His strength is not throwing picks, and he threw one while being tackled which he never shoulda thrown and the other just putting it up for grabs - very un-Rodgers-like.

The D lost the game to a greater degree, though. It was a lot like a game last season against somebody where the other team controlled the ball so much that we got hardly any possessions in the first half. That and King is just a total piece of crap.

Bretsky
09-14-2021, 08:13 PM
TRIVIA QUIZ

WHO WAS THE LAST TEAM TO LOSE 38-3 TO THE SAINTS ???? KARMA......ALL WILL BE GOOD

R.E.L.A.X

RashanGary
09-15-2021, 08:31 AM
TRIVIA QUIZ

WHO WAS THE LAST TEAM TO LOSE 38-3 TO THE SAINTS ???? KARMA......ALL WILL BE GOOD

R.E.L.A.X

You’re such a contrarian :lol:

But yeah, they might be fine

George Cumby
09-15-2021, 11:04 AM

This whole forum consists of a bunch of oppositional-defiant second graders.

:-)

Fritz
09-15-2021, 12:06 PM

Nuh - uh.

Jaire
09-16-2021, 09:40 AM

Nah..... just a bunch of sky-is-fallin chicken littles. Tgis was basically a preseason game against one of the best coached teams in the league. Good learning exp for MLF who is still young.

Bretsky
09-16-2021, 08:18 PM

FOLLLWING AROD'S LAST FOUR REGULAR SEASON LOSSES.......4 TD's each game (per espn.

Will he repeat ?

Regardless the team is a work in progress. As long as we beat Detroit we are fine

bobblehead
09-17-2021, 12:27 PM
It's Matt LaFleur's job to get the team ready but in the court of public opinion this one was solely on Rodgers. He is getting fried.

Yep. Truth is there is a lot of blame to go around, but the giant distraction that has been Rodgers since April puts a bullseye on his back. He needs to put up a few great games to make the fans forget.

gbgary
09-17-2021, 08:50 PM
the offense...so Rodgers. it was so ugly. so 2018. they hung the D out to dry. don't get me wrong the D wasn't good but what do you expect from the same cast of characters. the O however wasn't anything like last year. spread formations, empty backfield, hold the ball, ignore open guys, ignore the middle of the field. 2018 rinse, repeat. does anyone believe MLF abandoned his entire offense on his own? i'm not saying 12 is tanking...i'm saying he went rogue again. he has no F's to give. he wants to run that BS offense from 2018. he's not that QB anymore. Cobb isn't that WR anymore (good thing MLF kept his plays to a minimum). MLF better take control if they want to have decent season. if not their draft position will really improve. it's kind of a win-win. lol

red
09-18-2021, 12:51 PM
the offense...so Rodgers. it was so ugly. so 2018. they hung the D out to dry. don't get me wrong the D wasn't good but what do you expect from the same cast of characters. the O however wasn't anything like last year. spread formations, empty backfield, hold the ball, ignore open guys, ignore the middle of the field. 2018 rinse, repeat. does anyone believe MLF abandoned his entire offense on his own? i'm not saying 12 is tanking...i'm saying he went rogue again. he has no F's to give. he wants to run that BS offense from 2018. he's not that QB anymore. Cobb isn't that WR anymore (good thing MLF kept his plays to a minimum). MLF better take control if they want to have decent season. if not their draft position will really improve. it's kind of a win-win. lol

this is what happens when you force a guy to be there when he clearly doesn't want to be

RashanGary
09-18-2021, 02:11 PM
this is what happens when you force a guy to be there when he clearly doesn't want to be

Awwwe. What a victim.

George Cumby
09-18-2021, 06:18 PM
Awwwe. What a victim.

I wish I could get victimized for 1/100th of that money.