PDA

View Full Version : The run game is going to have to take off

RashanGary
09-12-2021, 09:11 PM
The Saints played 2 shell. The Packers didn’t run well or even attempt to run often. Everyone sees we have Adams, MVS, Cobb, Lazard and Tonyan. No ones gonna come out and just let Aaron throw the ball around to his slew of long time teammates. It’s going to come down to, can we run the ball to break their willful intent of stopping Rodgers.

If we run well, this is one loss and doesn’t mean much

If we don’t run well, this is what we can expect week after week.

Come on Lafleur and company. Get that run game going and everything else will open up.

RashanGary
09-12-2021, 09:17 PM
I think the offense is going to have to get going soon because the defense is in its first year and it might take a few weeks to get going.

red
09-12-2021, 09:38 PM
seems like fat mike after every single game

"we need to run the ball more"

Rutnstrut
09-12-2021, 09:55 PM
A shit offensive line does not lend to running the ball well.

MadScientist
09-13-2021, 01:50 AM
The run game took off against the Saints. It took the whole game off.

Fritz
09-13-2021, 06:47 AM
seems like fat mike after every single game

"we need to run the ball more"

That was exactly my thought, Red: that game plan came right out of MM's playbook. Pass, pass pass. Pass, pass, pass. Doesn't work? Oh well, the Saints have terrible cornerbacks, so let's pass, pass, pass!

Ugh.

King Friday
09-13-2021, 07:10 AM
The run game never will take off because Rodgers believes he is the greatest QB of all-time and can't be stopped. He admits the Saints were daring Green Bay to run, yet he did not advocate for this during the game? Tom Brady wins because he ALWAYS takes what the defense gives him. Rodgers, even after all these years in the league, still hasn't learned that lesson.

RashanGary
09-13-2021, 08:48 AM
The run game never will take off because Rodgers believes he is the greatest QB of all-time and can't be stopped. He admits the Saints were daring Green Bay to run, yet he did not advocate for this during the game? Tom Brady wins because he ALWAYS takes what the defense gives him. Rodgers, even after all these years in the league, still hasn't learned that lesson.

True. Rodgers just needs reminders. The 38-3 thumping was a good reminder.

HarveyWallbangers
09-13-2021, 12:56 PM
Rodgers could audible into a run, right? I’m sure MLF gives him that option at times.

Jaire
09-13-2021, 04:21 PM
With Lattimore & Roby out, they tried to take advantage of the shortage at CB. It's what I thought they should have done. New Orleans just met the challenge.

Do you pound their weak interior or attack the CBs? Just seemed new orleans brought it. It was a full top to bottom of the roster and coaching but whipping. Embarrassing but I am confident they will bounce back. Too much pride on this team.

Joemailman
09-13-2021, 05:15 PM
WTF?

Andy Herman Retweeted
Ben Fennell
@BenFennell_NFL
·
51m
Packers 46/57 plays in 11-Personnel... Wonderful.

...do I now need to see what games in 2019-2020 did they ever use over 80% 11p under LaFleur? I'm not sure it exists

I wondered if this was true. But sure enough, TE's had a total of 67 snaps on 57 plays. No wonder they had trouble running the ball. No wonder it didn't really look like the Lafleur offense.

Tony Oday
09-17-2021, 12:52 PM
MLF and AR panic and think they can get 31 point scores with longer touchdowns.

CaptainKickass
09-18-2021, 12:11 PM
The run game is going to have to take off

Good day eh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-bAMoZtzy0

gbgary
09-18-2021, 04:28 PM
Rodgers could audible into a run, right? I’m sure MLF gives him that option at times.

audible into a run? lol that's not 12. i bet he got plenty of run calls radioed to him...he just didn't run them.

Joemailman
09-18-2021, 07:03 PM
Good day eh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-bAMoZtzy0

It's a beauty way to go.

run pMc
09-19-2021, 01:30 PM
Yup - waaay too much 11 personnel (far more than normal), not enough commitment to the run game, panicked when they got down 17-3. You can still run the ball down 14 unless it's under 10 minutes in the 4Q. Dillon was getting yardage; shoulda kept feeding the man. Would have helped the TOP and gave the D a breather.
They will need to prove they can run roughshod on teams who play 2 safeties back; until they do it will be tough sledding for the offense. Their best games on O when they were balanced.
Also -- very few jet motions, etc. It looked like the late McCarthy era actually, and that was a stale offense years ago.

The prevailing theory behind the 11 personnel was MLF wanted to attack a depleted NO secondary (Lattimore was hurt, the other starter out, Roby suspended, etc.) but they played soft coverage and made Rodgers either throw short or hold the ball. We've seen that movie many times before in bad GB losses.