PDA

View Full Version : Official Packers-Lions Discussion Thread

Joemailman
09-13-2021, 04:32 PM
Time to move ahead.

Packers won both meetings last year, 42-21 at Lambeau and 31-24 in Detroit. In both games though, the Lions scored the first TD. Aaron Jones had a huge game in the 1st meeting.

Last week the Lions lost at home to the 49ers 41-33. This game wasn't that close as Lions got 2 late meaningless TD's. Jared Goff threw for 338 yards and 3 TD's and 1 INT. He was sacked 3 times. Jamaal Williams had over 100 yards total offense with 1 TD.

Before the Packers meltdown Sunday I thought this might be a trap game. That shouldn't be the case now.

scharpcheddar
09-13-2021, 05:28 PM
Lol wow this game is Monday and then Sunday night vs SF.

Either the pack goes down in big time style. Or it's a "look what the mighty Rodgers is doing.

Probably 1 and 1.
Therefore 1-2

Joemailman
09-13-2021, 05:41 PM
Lol wow this game is Monday and then Sunday night vs SF.

Either the pack goes down in big time style. Or it's a "look what the mighty Rodgers is doing.

Probably 1 and 1.
Therefore 1-2

Pretty much. This is the game to avoid going 0-3 for the 1st time since 2005.

red
09-13-2021, 06:34 PM
we better get out shit together, fast

if we lose this game to an equally terrible looking lions team, the wheels might just fall off

the suicide rate in wisconsin might skyrocket

George Cumby
09-13-2021, 08:04 PM
How was the Lions' O?

I have no faith in the Roll Over Beethoven Defense. [ROB-D?]

Just looked at the box, Goff put up decent numbers.

If these bums don't get their shit together, they could be 0-3.

Joemailman
09-13-2021, 09:26 PM
How was the Lions' O?

About 250 of Goff's yards and 2 TD's came after 49ers were up 38-10. Likely against prevent defenses. I'd say his stats were better than his performance. Hopefully Packers can get pressure on him.

George Cumby
09-14-2021, 10:31 AM
About 250 of Goff's yards and 2 TD's came after 49ers were up 38-10. Likely against prevent defenses. I'd say his stats were better than his performance. Hopefully Packers can get pressure on him.

You and your FACTS and REASON.

:-P

Tony Oday
09-14-2021, 01:19 PM
The Lions almost beat the 9ers, we have no chance while AR plays "Hero Ball" and ML doesnt run the ball.

Jaire
09-14-2021, 09:22 PM
I feel sorry for the Lions.

They're gonna get the gobsmacking-est crap knocked out of them. Rodgers & company tend to rebound from getting humiliated. And this was the worst humiliation I remember.

texaspackerbacker
09-14-2021, 09:24 PM
+1 again, Jaire.

Fritz
09-15-2021, 12:11 PM
How was the Lions' O?

Joe is right. Goff put up numbers after it got out of hand, though they almost did come all the way back - got the ball back with a chance to tie the score late in the game. But prior to that, Goff looked inconsistent at best. Jamaal Williams was the best part of their offense.

And the Lions have lost three starters - one of their starting tackles, a starting corner (the #3 overall pick last year, who has done nothing but suck so far), and a wide receiver on an already thin position.

If the Packers can't beat this bunch at home, then it IS time to panic. I expect Detroit to be game, but they were already short on talent before the three injuries.

But then again, the Lions ARE tied for first place in the NFC North right now...

Sparkey
09-15-2021, 12:50 PM
It's going to be mayhem in Title town when Rodgers plays like Randy Wright again.

Spaulding
09-15-2021, 03:07 PM
On paper at home against a mediocre Lions team this game should be a walk. Last week tells us otherwise though. I do think the Packers win as I can't fathom another flat showing like last week. 34 to 24 with Packers coming out on top. That being said, if we don't run the ball this week (regardless of win or lose) that tells us Matt and company learned nothing from the NFC championship game last year nor last week's shellacking and I say there is little chance this team does anything in the playoffs should they make it again this year.

George Cumby
09-15-2021, 03:14 PM
Joe is right. Goff put up numbers after it got out of hand, though they almost did come all the way back - got the ball back with a chance to tie the score late in the game. But prior to that, Goff looked inconsistent at best. Jamaal Williams was the best part of their offense.

And the Lions have lost three starters - one of their starting tackles, a starting corner (the #3 overall pick last year, who has done nothing but suck so far), and a wide receiver on an already thin position.

If the Packers can't beat this bunch at home, then it IS time to panic. I expect Detroit to be game, but they were already short on talent before the three injuries.

But then again, the Lions ARE tied for first place in the NFC North right now...

Good stuff, Fritz.

How's the new HC, does he have his team playing hard? Are they buying what he's selling?

QBME
09-15-2021, 04:46 PM
I feel sorry for the Lions.

They're gonna get the gobsmacking-est crap knocked out of them. Rodgers & company tend to rebound from getting humiliated. And this was the worst humiliation I remember.

I was listening to a Chicago sports radio show yesterday. They had a guest on (don't remember his name) and he pointed out that Sunday was the fourth worst performance stat wise in Rodgers career. His third worst performance was last year versus Tampa Bay and the following week he came back with a 4 TD, no int performance.

Fritz
09-16-2021, 08:07 AM
Good stuff, Fritz.

How's the new HC, does he have his team playing hard? Are they buying what he's selling?

A couple sportswriters here noted that though the Lions were getting beat up for most of the game, they did not play scared. Campbell went for it on fourth down twice early and the team seemed to respond to that. So it seems that they are buying what he's selling so far.

That leads me to think that the Lions are not simply going to roll over for Green Bay. I think this is going to be a tougher game than you'd think. I mean, after that embarrassing performance last week in Jacksonville, coming home to face a weak Detroit team, you'd think a blowout would be in order. But the Lions are going to play hard, and if Rodgers or LeFleur or whoever is making the decisions does not learn the lessons of the NFC Championship game (run the damn football if you want Rodgers to play well), then this is going to be the kind of game that'll make your nuts shrivel up.

My fear is that they'll fall into the same trap they did last week - hey, the opponent's corners are terrible! (One of the Lions' starters got hurt last week and is out for the season in a position that was already weak) We'll just throw it and throw it all over the field!

So I am hoping the team will run the ball and run the ball to set up Rodgers. We'll see.

Betcha Jamaal Williams has a good game and scores at least one touchdown.

Joemailman
09-16-2021, 09:15 AM
A couple sportswriters here noted that though the Lions were getting beat up for most of the game, they did not play scared. Campbell went for it on fourth down twice early and the team seemed to respond to that. So it seems that they are buying what he's selling so far.

That leads me to think that the Lions are not simply going to roll over for Green Bay. I think this is going to be a tougher game than you'd think. I mean, after that embarrassing performance last week in Jacksonville, coming home to face a weak Detroit team, you'd think a blowout would be in order. But the Lions are going to play hard, and if Rodgers or LeFleur or whoever is making the decisions does not learn the lessons of the NFC Championship game (run the damn football if you want Rodgers to play well), then this is going to be the kind of game that'll make your nuts shrivel up.

My fear is that they'll fall into the same trap they did last week - hey, the opponent's corners are terrible! (One of the Lions' starters got hurt last week and is out for the season in a position that was already weak) We'll just throw it and throw it all over the field!

So I am hoping the team will run the ball and run the ball to set up Rodgers. We'll see.

Betcha Jamaal Williams has a good game and scores at least one touchdown.

I think they'll get out of the trap they fell into last week. They played 11 personnel (1 TE, 1RB, 3 WR's) 80% of the snaps. That's more McCarthy offense than LaFleur. I don't think you'll see that. Last year in Week 2 Aaron Jones had a monster game against the Lions (236 total yards, 3 TD's). I think they'll try to get back to that.

Jaire
09-16-2021, 09:24 AM
Good interview on Mcafee show per usual. Rodgers explained that first INT -- fluke. He received a double nut job while he threw. Again, gotta just ignore that 1st game. They'll be fine I expect and once Bakh is back, I expect them to coast to the playoffs. The real questions are how well this promising draft class improves over the season. They'll be the difference along with some improvement from other young players. Give them time. Last dance and all that. Enjoy

Jaire
09-16-2021, 09:27 AM
I think they'll get out of the trap they fell into last week. They played 11 personnel (1 TE, 1RB, 3 WR's) 80% of the snaps. That's more McCarthy offense than LaFleur. I don't think you'll see that. Last year in Week 2 Aaron Jones had a monster game against the Lions (236 total yards, 3 TD's). I think they'll try to get back to that.

I was against resigning Jones......except that he is great for the locker room. I get that. The bigger question is Dillon. They need to feed the big boy. I wanna see him get the ball 15 times in a few of these games.

texaspackerbacker
09-16-2021, 12:09 PM
This game was an exceptional case. Over the course of the season, Jones, and speedier shiftier RBs in general are better and more valuable to the success of the team. And of course, Jones seems to be the exception among top quality RBs, a good attitude/character kind of guy. (Hopefully Dillon is that too.)

Joemailman
09-16-2021, 04:00 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E_buqAxWUAgUF95?format=jpg&name=900x900

gbgary
09-18-2021, 04:36 PM
depends on which qb shows...2018's or 2020's. either way it'll be a tough game i think. the blueprint is out there from last week for all to see on how to beat 2018's qb. press man, 2 high.

Joemailman
09-18-2021, 06:48 PM
Final injury report.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E_l8TEqXsAYgdj3?format=jpg&name=medium

Freak Out
09-19-2021, 11:55 AM
Run the damn ball.

run pMc
09-19-2021, 01:22 PM
Agree FO. This is a game to run the ball all day. SF had a field day running, if MLF's O is worth anything they'll do the same.

As for Goff, he threw a ton to the TE's and RB's, so the LB's and S's will need to cover and rally well. Hockenson caught like 9 throws, and Jamaal caught a bunch of dump off's. I think the average distance of Goff's throws was something like 3-4 from the LOS. Bump, play up, whatever...smother them - Goff isn't that mobile and his WR's are not that good.

Agree this could have been a trap game sandwiched between NO and SF, but I'm pretty sure they know this is an important game now. Division games are often hard fought but GB should win this game. They are a more talented team and are playing at home, probably with a chip on their shoulder after last week.

Fritz
09-19-2021, 02:25 PM
Hey, Rats, ol' Fritzy is going to the game!

My second trip ever to Lambeau. My first was in 2000 - and they lost to da Bears, 27 - 24. It was an ugly game. Billy Schroeder whined up a storm but didn't do shit. Bubba Franks dropped a big third-down pass. The team was uninspired; the loss dropped them to 2 - 3. They ended the year at 9 - 7 and missed the playoffs.

I hope it's better this time.

I'm going with two of my cousins - one of my cousins has his pilot's license and we're flying in to GB tomorrow. I'm excited to see the Packer Hall of Fame, to tailgate with Packer fans, and to see the game in person in the greatest stadium ever!

RashanGary
09-19-2021, 03:19 PM
Have a great time Fritz!

Fritz
09-20-2021, 08:10 AM
Thanks, Rashan. Should be fun, though moreso if the Packers kick the Lions' asses. My wife said she hopes it's a good game, but I'll take a Packer blowout.

smuggler
09-20-2021, 09:01 AM
Run the damn ball.

Oh yeah babe. Hnnnnnng!

Joemailman
09-20-2021, 09:02 AM
I need 4.13 points from the Packers defense to win my fantasy matchup this week. Come on Packers! Barry them!

George Cumby
09-20-2021, 12:20 PM
That's gonna' be a great time, Fritz! Enjoy. Get us some good pics!

Anti-Polar Bear
09-20-2021, 01:02 PM
Hey, Rats, ol' Fritzy is going to the game!

My second trip ever to Lambeau. My first was in 2000 - and they lost to da Bears, 27 - 24. It was an ugly game. Billy Schroeder whined up a storm but didn't do shit. Bubba Franks dropped a big third-down pass. The team was uninspired; the loss dropped them to 2 - 3. They ended the year at 9 - 7 and missed the playoffs.

I hope it's better this time.

I'm going with two of my cousins - one of my cousins has his pilot's license and we're flying in to GB tomorrow. I'm excited to see the Packer Hall of Fame, to tailgate with Packer fans, and to see the game in person in the greatest stadium ever!

Tix are lingering around 80 frogskins, and I wanted to attend the game, too. But with backpage.com being shut down, I can’t hire a hot chick to go with me. So just gonna watch the game in 10 seconds delay alone in a basement.

Wait til you sit on those old aluminum bleachers. Lambeau Field is nice but no fucking way is it the greatest stadium ever. The clay seats in the Roman Colosseum are probably more comfortable than Lambeau’s damn bleachers. They need to get rid of the bleachers and install single seats throughout the stadium, yo.

Post a selfie or you ain’t there.

smuggler
09-20-2021, 02:55 PM
Joe, I think it's time you go back to the Joe Cool avatar. The sombrero is clearly cursed.

This one is a Packers/Fonzie/Joe Cool mashup. I don't know if it's your style, but... 'Ey!

https://cdn.geaflare.com/86782d/25282B/mockup/2020/01/09/mku891D7UF/31.19.59.64.8.0.85.100/5a4659890d95a856c7a3e96b07a342c2/2020/03/11/buk061891_Q3CsT3/1vmx-nfl-football-green-bay-packers-cool-snoopy-shirt-ceramic-mug-110-56-front-black-480px.png

scharpcheddar
09-20-2021, 03:08 PM
Packers,,Are they Wearing the other uniforms tonight?

scharpcheddar
09-20-2021, 03:14 PM
Detroit Lions to unveil new all-white uniforms vs. Packers on Monday Night Football

Joemailman
09-20-2021, 04:45 PM
Joe, I think it's time you go back to the Joe Cool avatar. The sombrero is clearly cursed.

This one is a Packers/Fonzie/Joe Cool mashup. I don't know if it's your style, but... 'Ey!

https://cdn.geaflare.com/86782d/25282B/mockup/2020/01/09/mku891D7UF/31.19.59.64.8.0.85.100/5a4659890d95a856c7a3e96b07a342c2/2020/03/11/buk061891_Q3CsT3/1vmx-nfl-football-green-bay-packers-cool-snoopy-shirt-ceramic-mug-110-56-front-black-480px.png

I believe in redemption. Gonna give the Sombrero one more shot. But if....

George Cumby
09-20-2021, 05:55 PM
I believe in redemption. Gonna give the Sombrero one more shot. But if....

Joe, are you starting the GDT?

Bretsky
09-20-2021, 07:21 PM
41-24 Packers

scharpcheddar
09-20-2021, 10:19 PM
https://youtu.be/Ev1sE_fo7lc

HarveyWallbangers
09-21-2021, 02:22 AM
41-24 Packers

Close, but not enough faith in the Packers.

SudsMcBucky
09-21-2021, 09:09 AM
Which one of you Rats is Sombrero Cheesehead?