PDA

View Full Version : Turdburger released

Sparkey
09-21-2021, 05:07 PM
https://www.packers.com/news/packers-release-te-jace-sternberger

Not a surprise, but what a waste of a 3rd round pick.

George Cumby
09-21-2021, 05:29 PM
We barely knew you, Jake.

Spaulding
09-21-2021, 09:02 PM
I really liked Thompson as a GM until his final few drafts when outside of Aaron Jones (who was a stud find in the 5th) and Kenny Clark they were mostly busts. However I never loved his loyalty to his picks as sometimes you just have to admit the fit isn't there and cut bait. Gute seems to have no qualms accepting the pick was a failure and moving on. Sternberger looked like Tarzan but played like Jane. Maybe if he was a stud special teamer like Oren Burks whose otherwise a fellow scrub 3rd rounder he might have been able to stick around another year to see what if.

Anyways, for the scheme the Packers run and their ability to turn street agents into serviceable starters (ala Tonyan and possibly Dafney), I don't know that they will pay a big contract to a TE. Given that, I'm guessing Tonyan is gone after this year unless he provides a hometeam discount and they roll with Deguara, Dafney and whoever they draft, assuming Lewis retires.

MadScientist
09-21-2021, 10:12 PM
The most surprising thing is that the Packers somehow managed to find a 3rd round TE even worse than Dick-Rod.

Fritz
09-22-2021, 12:56 PM
The most surprising thing is that the Packers somehow managed to find a 3rd round TE even worse than Dick-Rod.

Okay, now that is funny.

Bretsky
09-22-2021, 11:08 PM
Three weeks ago or so when Sternberger went array Jason Wilde noted Gutebag was going all in this year
BUT
that theory will truly be tested when Sternberger returns.

He noted he was a GB 3rd round draft picks and it's very clear to everybody who watched training camp that Jake was not roster worthy

Kudos to Gutebag

Fritz
09-23-2021, 08:38 AM
Besides whatever off-the-field troubles the kid had, could he simply not learn to block? Or was he not the receiver they'd hoped he would be?

run pMc
09-23-2021, 09:07 AM
Terry McLaurin woulda looked good in a Packers uni.

smuggler
09-23-2021, 11:51 AM
Richard Rodgers could block better than Sternberger. Those draft picks are not the same.